True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2015 :  11:55:50 AM  Show Profile
"Worry is a misuse of imagination." Dan Zadra
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2015 :  11:56:48 AM  Show Profile
"If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is." Buz Moxon
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Carole
New York
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2015 :  7:14:33 PM  Show Profile
Lovely quotes! Thanks you!

"Gratitude is heaven itself" - William Blake

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com
http://www.fibrejunction.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2015 :  12:26:57 PM  Show Profile
Carole, I thank you for your kind message. I enjoy reading the quotes you post. Thank you.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2015 :  12:27:55 PM  Show Profile
"Life is about the people around you...not in your BlackBerry or iPhone." Eric Schmidt, CEO of Google
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2015 :  12:29:24 PM  Show Profile
"I get as scared as anyone. But the feeling of putting yourself on the line and having it work is the most exhilarating feeling in the world." Conan O'Brien, about taking over as host of The Tonight Show.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2015 :  12:30:10 PM  Show Profile
"He who laughs lasts." Regina B. Engler
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2015 :  12:31:11 PM  Show Profile
"Prayer- the original wireless connection." sign outside Florence Christian Church in Kentucky
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2015 :  12:32:56 PM  Show Profile
"One of the most important marks of maturity is gratitude. I'm more conscious of the favors people do- the driver who stops and lets me cross the street, the newspaperman who bring my paper directly to the door. I am a zero by myself." Joshua O. Haberman
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2015 :  12:38:32 PM  Show Profile
"One way of looking at this might be that, for 42 years, I've been making regular deposits in this bank of experience, education, and training. And on January 15 the balance was sufficient so that I could make a very large withdrawal." Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger III, pilot who saved all of his passengers and crew when he made an emergency landing on the Hudson River
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2015 :  1:02:47 PM  Show Profile
"Mothers are daily miracles we sometimes take for granted." Elinor Filice
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2015 :  1:04:48 PM  Show Profile
"I think I'm young, so I act like it." Mary Stroebe, of Madison, Wisconsin, who at the age of 88 took part in her twelfth triathlon
Marly

Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2015 :  6:27:33 PM  Show Profile
I love that last quote, Marly! I live by it every day, and I do believe it makes a big difference!

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
'The Simply Lived Life' blog http://www.wandasturrock.com/website/blog/
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2015 :  2:24:53 PM  Show Profile

Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  1:26:59 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Wanda. It's one of my favorite quotes, also.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  1:28:01 PM  Show Profile
"I'm a slow walker, but I never walk back." Abraham Lincoln
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  1:29:33 PM  Show Profile
"Tell me, what it is you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver, "The Summer Day"
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  1:30:40 PM  Show Profile
"When I had no roof, I made audacity my roof." Robert Pinsky, "Samurai Song"
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  1:31:39 PM  Show Profile
"Never never never give up." Winston Churchill
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  1:32:43 PM  Show Profile
"...the wilderness had a clarity that included me." Cheryl Strayed, "Wild"
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  1:35:54 PM  Show Profile
"We are now in the mountains and they are in us..." John Muir, "My First Summer in the Sierra"

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  1:37:02 PM  Show Profile
"If your Nerve deny you- Go above your Nerve."
Emily Dickinson
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  1:38:09 PM  Show Profile
"The words are purposes. The words are maps." Adrienne Rich, "Diving into the Wreck"
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  1:39:14 PM  Show Profile
"The breaking of so great a thing should make a greater crack." William Shakespeare, "Antony and Cleopatra
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2015 :  2:22:03 PM  Show Profile
"Happy people are beautiful. If somebody walks in the room and they're drop-dead gorgeous, they're fun to look at. But if someone is giving of their spirit and they make you laugh and feel good, that's a whole other level of beauty." Drew Barrymore
Marly

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 140 Reading Room: Previous Topic Daily Quotes Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page