Page: of 140

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 16 2015 :  12:24:28 PM  Show Profile
"I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music." George Eliot
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 16 2015 :  12:26:09 PM  Show Profile
"Home is the heart of life... Home is where we feel at ease, where we belong, where we can create surroundings that reflect our tastes and pleasures... Making a home is a form of creativity open to everyone." Terence Conran
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 16 2015 :  12:26:49 PM  Show Profile
"Procrastination is the thief of time." Edward Young
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - May 17 2015 :  07:52:00 AM  Show Profile
Marly, Even when my day is busy, maybe especially when it is, I love to stop in to see what you have posted! Sometimes there is humor, sometimes serious thoughts and often something that personally touches my day. I'm so glad you love quotes to share!
Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 17 2015 :  1:01:33 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for your kind words, Susan. I love quotes. Every time I read a book, a newspaper, etc... I look for quotes. I so enjoy your quotes.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 17 2015 :  1:02:58 PM  Show Profile
"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can't be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people." Lee Iacocca
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 17 2015 :  1:05:21 PM  Show Profile
"The child has much to teach us- about the sense of wonder and infinite possibility, the capacity for forgiveness. When we were young, we didn't need a road map, compass or timepiece. The miraculous was our reality." Cristina Carlino
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 17 2015 :  1:06:41 PM  Show Profile
If things are tough, remember that every flower that ever bloomed had to go through a whole lot of dirt to get there." Barbara Johnson
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 18 2015 :  1:54:41 PM  Show Profile
"Outlook determines outcome; attitude determines action." Warren Wiersbe
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 18 2015 :  1:56:12 PM  Show Profile
"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 18 2015 :  1:59:07 PM  Show Profile
"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievements. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence." Helen Keller
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 18 2015 :  2:02:41 PM  Show Profile
"If we had no winter the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome." Anne Bradstreet
Marly

Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Carole
New York
USA
899 Posts

Posted - May 19 2015 :  08:05:40 AM  Show Profile
You cannot talk yourself out of a situation that you behaved yourself into!

Not sure where it originally comes from but I read it in Stephen Covey - 7 habits of highly effective people. I just love it because it is about character ethic and not personality ethic. In a society of quick fix (personality ethic) it is nice to be reminded that what matters the most is who you are, as per your behavior.

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com
http://www.fibrejunction.com
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Carole
New York
USA
899 Posts

Posted - May 19 2015 :  08:06:17 AM  Show Profile
“What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

My favourite!

Carole

Edited by - ceridwen on May 19 2015 08:08:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Carole
New York
USA
899 Posts

Posted - May 19 2015 :  08:10:49 AM  Show Profile
“It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own; but the great man is he who in the midst of the crowd keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Carole
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Carole
New York
USA
899 Posts

Posted - May 19 2015 :  08:14:27 AM  Show Profile
Susan, so true. What an inspirational thread Marlee (Bear5) started. I like your quote from Anthony Robbin! BTW, love your forum name Cindy Lou, of course it may be because I am a big Dr Seuss fan!

Carole

Edited by - ceridwen on May 19 2015 08:14:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 19 2015 :  2:27:28 PM  Show Profile
Carole, I love your quotes. I'll have to read the book by Stephen Covey. I love reading quotes or books about inspirational people, and inspirational attitudes.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 19 2015 :  2:30:50 PM  Show Profile
"Expect trouble as an inevitable part of life and repeat to yourself the most comforting words of all: 'This, too, shall pass.'" Ann Landers
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 19 2015 :  2:32:43 PM  Show Profile
"Learn the craft of knowing how to open your heart and to turn on your creativity. There's a light inside of you." Judith Jamison
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 19 2015 :  2:35:46 PM  Show Profile
"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable." Helen Keller
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 19 2015 :  2:37:15 PM  Show Profile
"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face... You must do the thing you cannot do." Eleanor Roosevelt
Marly

Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Carole
New York
USA
899 Posts

Posted - May 19 2015 :  7:12:34 PM  Show Profile
Marly, the 7 Habits of Highly effective People is a great book. I also have it on audio, read by the author and it's a favourite of mine.

Carole
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 21 2015 :  11:47:07 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Carole, I wrote the title down. Will be on the lookout for it. Thanks, again.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 21 2015 :  11:48:28 AM  Show Profile
"Our aspirations are our possibilities." Samuel Johnson
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - May 21 2015 :  11:51:34 AM  Show Profile
"There are some things you learn best in calm, and some in storm." Willa Cather
Marly

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 140 Reading Room: Previous Topic Daily Quotes Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page