Page: of 140

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2013 :  1:56:11 PM  Show Profile
Susan, sorry you went through that chemo. My dear sister went through it and lost her hair, also. She got a wig that was so good, I thought her own hair had grown back over night! Unfortunatley, chemo didn't work for my sister. She is in a better place.
Some children are wise beyond their years.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2013 :  2:24:54 PM  Show Profile
Marly,
Sorry to hear about your sister but recognizing she is gone to a better place is a comfort. Cancer sends so many loved ones there. Its been 6 years for me now with no sign of a return, so I was one of the lucky ones. I am glad that treatment is getting better but I wish the scientists/doctors would do more about prevention so no one has to go through the pain and fear.
Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2013 :  8:23:22 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Susan. So happy to hear you got through your cancer.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2013 :  08:53:44 AM  Show Profile
"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat." Mother Teresa
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2013 :  10:40:04 AM  Show Profile
"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage."
Lao Tzu

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2013 :  1:52:54 PM  Show Profile
A beautiful quote, Susan.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2013 :  09:24:03 AM  Show Profile
"Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together." Marilyn Monroe
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2013 :  8:49:07 PM  Show Profile
I love that Marilyn Monroe quote.

Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."

A. A. Milne

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2013 :  09:00:52 AM  Show Profile
"Focus on your potential instead of your limitations." Alan McGinnis
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2013 :  12:44:00 PM  Show Profile
"If you don't like how things are, change it! You're not a tree."
Jim Rohn

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2013 :  1:58:41 PM  Show Profile
Susan, I have never heard that quote, but like it very much.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2013 :  09:16:04 AM  Show Profile
"Your imagination is your preview of life's coming attractions." Albert Einstein
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2013 :  1:36:42 PM  Show Profile
"The things that we love tell us what we are."
Thomas Aquinas

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2013 :  5:36:58 PM  Show Profile
Susan, that is one of my most favorite quotes!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2013 :  09:34:06 AM  Show Profile
"The only reason we don't have what we want in life is the reasons we create why we can't have them." Tony Robbins
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2013 :  11:41:36 AM  Show Profile
With the Boston Marathon close in our memory I found this an interesting quote.

"The more equality women have, the fairer, more civilized and tolerant society will be. Sexual equality is a lot more effective against terrorism than military strength."
Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero
He was the Prime Minister of Spain for 2 terms.

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2013 :  3:37:04 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Susan. Makes one think, doesn't it?
I've been wanting to say, I love your tag line, "Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" One. Precious. I love it, Susan.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2013 :  09:01:34 AM  Show Profile
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma- which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most importantly, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary." Steve Jobs
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2013 :  11:34:35 AM  Show Profile
Marly,
I'm glad you like that quote too. It seemed to call to me.
Here's another from the same source.

"Instructions for living a life.
Pay attention.
Be astonished.
Tell about it.”
#8213; Mary Oliver

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2013 :  4:52:32 PM  Show Profile
Love it, Susan, especially the "Be astonished" part! Beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2013 :  08:27:43 AM  Show Profile
"It doesn't matter where you are, you are nowhere compared to where you can go." Bob Proctor
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2013 :  10:47:05 AM  Show Profile
I like the train of thought here,Marly, very positive and encouraging. We aren't victims of our lives, we are the drivers.

"Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip."
Will Rogers

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2013 :  11:43:02 AM  Show Profile
Amen to that, Susan.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2013 :  07:07:21 AM  Show Profile
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
Martin Luther King Jr.

Susan

Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2013 :  08:45:49 AM  Show Profile
"Never too old, never to bad, never too late, never to sick to start from scratch again." Bikram Choudhury
Marly

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 140 Reading Room: Previous Topic Daily Quotes Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page