forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2019 :  09:27:55 AM  Show Profile
Hi, farmgirls! This is kinda off the wall. I know we have a mail art exchange named in memory of Portia whom we lost in a car crash.
We lost another farmgirl in a mudslide a few years ago. I was wondering if any of you remember her name. I feel so bad that I don't. I have been trying to remember for so long..my memory is just not what it used to be.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2019 :  1:31:11 PM  Show Profile
One can search the site for articles using keywords. Try that. I do remember reading that and I believe I sent a card.

Marie
Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2019 :  4:04:33 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Marie. I guess I had forgotten we could do that.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2019 :  4:21:44 PM  Show Profile
Marie, I just tried that and made it through page 10. Do you know how I can continue the search from page 11 on?

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2019 :  8:59:17 PM  Show Profile
No. I do not know. Ask Brian.

Marie
Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2019 :  04:09:35 AM  Show Profile
Today is my mid-week day off. I am making a list of what I want and need to do. Top of the list is CASA training and quilted pillow covers for my niece's children who will visit in about a week. The weather is nice enough for planting peas and beets.
Fang is feeling better. He is back at work and is going to his banjo lesson. He's still has bouts of coughing.
Has anyone else noticed how many commercials there are for psoriasis, cancer, COPD, psoriatic arthritis, bladder problems, dry eye, depression, diabetes, and mens problems? Its worse than cereal commercials! I bet these drug companies have reps visiting doctors already, and now want sick folks to ask doctors to use their drugs too. It also says something about the targeted audience of the tv shows that Fang watches.

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs just need to relax and accept it.

The world is so full of a number of things I think we should all be as happy as kings. Robert Louis Stevenson
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2019 :  05:09:22 AM  Show Profile
Judith, Her first name was Brandy. I do not remember her last.

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2019 :  07:53:35 AM  Show Profile
Most of those medications are frivolous. I saw one for diabetes once that made one vulnerable to infections. Not for me. The simpler the better.

That mud slide in Washington State, I think it was, sounded horrific. I am sad to realize that one of our own died in it. What a terrible death.

Marie
Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2019 :  3:11:28 PM  Show Profile

This was taken about 7:30 this morning in the west as the sun rose. It was like a red slash above the clouds. Today was also about 60 degrees.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs just need to relax and accept it.

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives. Hedley Lamarr
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2019 :  10:08:29 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Jan!
Love the photo, Audra.
Glad you are feeling a little better, Marie!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2019 :  3:38:23 PM  Show Profile
Judith, You're welcome. Hope that helped you.

There has been some pretty nasty weather out there. I hope none of you are in the path of any of that.

We went yesterday to get our oil changed in our car and we came home with a brand new car. Only 14 miles on it. Beautiful!!!! Now when we go home to visit, we will e going in style. Trying to get used to all the bells and whistles in it. I thought our car insurance was going to skyrocket, but it will only go up about $100.00 a year. That is because of all the safety features and anti theft protection on it. You cannot open up the gas flap unless the car is unlocked. It has the keyless start button. 3 rows of seats that fold so we can sleep in there when we travel. Lots of room for craft shows.

More later, Have a great evening,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

bramblerose
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Canada
77 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2019 :  08:00:55 AM  Show Profile
Jan, that's awesome!

I've been doing some custom sewing, spring cleaning, and binge-watching "BorderTown" on Netflix. I love foreign crime/mystery dramas. (Already watched Hinterland, Shetland, Rosemary and Thyme, and Broadchurch.)

The snow is melting, slowly but surely. Can't wait to get out in the garden.

~Ann~

Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1480 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1480 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2019 :  5:45:26 PM  Show Profile
Brandy Ward is the farmgirl who perished in the Oso Mudslide on March 22 2014. It's hard to believe 5 years has gone by already.....I just saw an article in the newspaper this week about a memorial art sculpture being installed in honor of those who died that represents the community mailbox cluster where Brandy and her fellow neighbors used to gather.

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2283 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2283 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2019 :  06:13:35 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning ladies. I don't know why I have never joined in this conversation before, I certainly Qualify, and my aches and pains remind me of that. How fun for you Jan, a new car. I paid mine off last year and have been debating if I want a new one or not. Husband says trade at low mileage for a better deal, but when just the grocery run is 75 miles round trip and Doctor appt. are 140 low mileage doesn't happen around here. Our snow is slowly melting and I am starting to see some bare patches of ground. I need to do a bit of Easter sewing and finish my spring cleaning as well. Ann, I haven't heard of Shetland on Netflix, is it good? Have a great day.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

bramblerose
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Canada
77 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2019 :  11:17:22 AM  Show Profile
Shetland is very good, if you enjoy UK mystery/crime drama. It takes place on the Shetland Islands off Scotland. There are three seasons.

I deep-cleaned the fridge today, and then prepped all the new veggies/fruit from shopping this morning. This afternoon, kid-proofing the house as we'll be babysitting three granddaughters here for the weekend. (10 years old, 3 years old, and 8 months old.)

~Ann~

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2019 :  9:38:51 PM  Show Profile
A new store is opening tomorrow in Brooksville KY. It will sell kids and ladies clothes, accessories and home decor pieces. I work at the local paper, so when I saw them cleaning the store window I had to talk to them. The owner said she forgot to tell us she was opening. Honestly? Brooksville has a thrift shop and a dollar general, so having another clothing store is a big deal.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives. Hedley Lamarr
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2019 :  11:48:18 AM  Show Profile
Missed church to take our Teenie Weenie to the emergency vet. She was barfing and had icky poops and wasn't eating. Vet did tests and gave her hydration & meds. She's doing better.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2864 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2864 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2019 :  3:40:30 PM  Show Profile
Glad she's doing better. Did you take her to the Maysville group?
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2019 :  3:40:53 PM  Show Profile
Poor Teenie!

I probably didn't say it here. We had to say goodbye to our Mitzi. She couldn't stand on one of her back legs and we had to carry her around. She is buried out in Wisconsin at our parents' pet cemetary.

It has snowed here and it has not started to melt.

Marie
Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2019 :  09:25:43 AM  Show Profile
Our pets usually go to Town and Country Vet, but because it was the weekend I had to drive to Wilder, near Cincinnati to the emergency vet.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2019 :  09:29:17 AM  Show Profile
Poor Marie, I know you have other pets buried there. I hope Lowell is handling the loss well.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2019 :  10:07:49 AM  Show Profile
We are doing okay. Bob the Kat misses his Mitzi.

Marie
Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2019 :  4:02:00 PM  Show Profile

What to do on a cold cloudy day? Make caramel corn! I use a toffee recipe, pour it over a panful of air popped popcorn, then bake at 350 for 10 minutes to dry it. When it is cooled its a tasty snack.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - May 03 2019 :  03:46:58 AM  Show Profile
Our community had a tragedy last weekend. A boy died at an after-prom party. There are rumors and tidbits going around, but it is known that too much alcohol was involved. It was hard for me to write the article about the prom, knowing what would happen later. He also rode on my husband's school bus route and was a good kid. Now instead of graduation, we'll go to his funeral and his senior picture is on his obit.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - May 03 2019 :  06:14:28 AM  Show Profile
How sad. Seems there are always tragedies this time of the year with school children.

We finally got some rain yesterday, but not enough, so that drew the humidity in big time. All my veggies in the garden are done except for tomatoes, peppers and one butternut squash. They should all be done by the time we go to Michigan on vacation. I also have a pineapple that will be awhile to get bigger, lemons and limes, and of course, tangerines and pomegranites on the trees. We plan on going for the whole month of June, if things work out okay for us. It is hard to travel so far with a cat and a dog.
l
I have been knitting slouchy hats like crazy for the holiday sale here in November. HI cannot just sit and watch tv, so I keep my hands busy. I knit 104 dish cloths for the fall markets when they start up in September.

My computer is acting up, so will close for now. Hope you all have a great day.

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page