churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2016 :  1:09:32 PM  Show Profile
We have a temperature of 36 here. The sidewalks around some of the bus stops are covered in grey slush. I have difficulty climbing on the humps of snow to get into the buses and then stepping down onto uncertain footing.

The school had a Secret Snowflake this year. I got one of the second grade teachers who liked cats and coffee. I made her two cards, got her a Cat Yoga book (it was hilarious), a vintage cat print desk calendar and a pound of very nice organic coffee beans.

My Secret Snowflake was Patricia, the teacher I had volunteered with for 4 years. I have pictures of what she got me.

Day One

Day Two

Day Three

Day Four

Day Five

I really love the dinosaur carrying the aloe plant.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2016 :  08:50:14 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Holly for the wonderful card. I did not get any out this year, sorry!!!! I am still having a time getting onto here, took e over a week again.
If you do not hear from me earlier, have a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New and prosperous New Year!!!!
Hugs to you all,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2016 :  1:18:20 PM  Show Profile
Thank you holly for the pretty card!i was so surprised. Only card I will probably get so it is very special that you remembered me. Getting ready to travel to Shawnee ok for Christmas to be with sister. Brother will check on my dogs for me. Will start looking for a job after first of year. Very scary to me...I worked over 38years at last one. Retirement money only goes so far. Should have been working on something to do before now. Still learning at 59 :)
Hugs to all
Janice
Farmgirl 390
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2016 :  4:50:18 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Temperatures were in the low thirties today. The sky was clear in the morning and clouded up as the day progressed. DsC found a telescope some where in the house and set it up. He was looking forward to seeing the moon through it but there are too many clouds. Another night I guess. He did look across the valley to see houses on the other mountains and thought one house had a tree fall on it. I think it was just the angle.

I am glad you all like the card and photo. That gives me joy.

Sweet dreams.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2016 :  06:45:55 AM  Show Profile
We are hovering right around freezing this morning, but supposed to be warming up -- no white Christmas for us this year. We are planning a Stay-cation for the week between Christmas and New Year's. It is always very slow here at the shop anyway, so we are going to be closed for the whole wonderful week! Trips planned to a few local sights and our yearly hike out to the Turkey Point lighthouse. First gift His Dudeness ever gave me was a pocketful of rocks he collected on our first hike out there several years ago, so every year we repeat the trip and he finds new pretty rocks for me. Hoping to get out of here early today -- my Friday people usually come in pretty early in the day. Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah and a very Happy New Year.

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2016 :  3:50:22 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

A lovely bright mid thirties day here on the side of the mountain. Such a lightener after the grey days we have been having.

DsC made candied apples today. He was not impressed by how long it took to get the candy to the hard crack stage. But, got to give him credit he stuck with it.

C came home from work early. She had an accident in her pants first thing. She then put on her bathing suit bottoms to come home. They have aquarobics during lunch time so she keeps her suit at work. She was not happy. But, she was glad to be coming home early.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2016 :  10:30:39 PM  Show Profile
I have a three day weekend. I intend to relax and just enjoy. I look back on 2016 and it has been a trying year. i finally decided that I'd had enough of other people trying to destroy my life. My God, if everyone spent as much time pursuing their own happiness as they do trying to make others miserable, the world would be a much better place. So engage in the pursuit of happiness, and live and let live. Don't make life hard for someone just because you don't like them. Bec ause what you do to others eventually comes back to bite you. Help other people when you can and be grateful for what you have instead of wishing you had what your neighbor has. You don't know when your number is up, so practice living as if your days are numbered. Don't take yourself overly seriously. Take others seriously, and take life seriously, but be able to laugh at yourself. Forgive others and forgive yourself. Take care of the little kid in you. Put on that old record from 1971 and dance your heart out. I will not let others turn me into the kinds of people they are. I will play with my dog, enjoy the rain, and stomp through the snow and gaze at the night sky. Enjoy this time of celebration and I wish you much love and peace. May visions of sugarplums dance in your heads.
cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2016 :  05:48:02 AM  Show Profile
We woke up this morning to rain and 40 degrees. No white Christmas for us this year.
Today is my DD's birthday. She is the most wonderful gift I ever received. Although she does tell me being born on Christmas Eve was not the greatest timing on my part
Time to get to work making rum balls and cookies to take to their house tomorrow.
Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, and a wonderful New Year.

Karin
Sister #2708

Romans 8: 38,39
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2016 :  4:23:42 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Today was a light grey and snowy. Temperatures were in the low 30's, quite balmy. We have about ten inches of snow on the ground. The warmth will help it compact and form a good base. I guess ski areas are humming. I have seen a snow machine on the trails.

The tree is up and the presents are bagged. We still need to repackage the dried fruit and yogurt covered pretzels to fill the stockings. I told dsC and dsG that if they gave me a hard time going to bed tonight they would not be allowed downstairs until 9 AM. They stopped pushing and shoving right away. DsR has been sick since the middle of last night. He is no longer expressing from both ends of his little body but he just does not feel well at all. I think he has fallen asleep in the wing backed chair. I will go get him after the other two are in bed.

We had pizza for supper. I have had a huge turkey in one of the freezers downstairs. I brought it up this morning. C will put it in the oven tonight and let it cook all night long. We did that once before and it worked out very well.

I received a card from Bunny. She says she is well.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2016 :  7:30:12 PM  Show Profile
Lowell and I went out to the neighborhood Baptist church for a service. We aren't particularly religious. It was a good thing to do. We then went out to dinner. I had an old fashioned. It is a whiskey drink and I was pretty sloshed after I drank it. Lowell walked me home. We were both singing. I just got up from a nap. Lowell got me three small gifts which he put into my stockings. I will open them tomorrow. I got him one also but I didn't wrap it.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2016 :  04:40:39 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone,

Some of the children are waiting downstairs for the rest of the children to finish getting ready.

The house smells like roasting turkey.

The ground is white and the wind chimes are playing.

We wish for you a day of peace with moments of joy.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2016 :  05:30:33 AM  Show Profile
Merry Christmas!
We did Facetime this morning with the grands while they opened presents. We will be going to our daughter's house in a bit.
Holly, I am so glad to hear Bunny is doing well. I miss reading her posts.
Wishing everyone a lovely day.

Karin
Sister #2708

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6447 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6447 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2016 :  06:52:51 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Holly. Have a Beautiful and Blessed day full of love, joy and happiness!
I hope all your wishes and dreams come true.
Thank you for the beautiful card with picture, all of your cards are very special to me, I treasure and display each one.
Big ((Hugs)) to you and your family.

Happy New Year Everyone!

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

FGOTM, Septembe, 2012

"You must do the thing you think you can not do." Eleanor Roosevelt

Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We're flexible like that!

http://shopus.longaberger.com/mountainwingslongabergerbaskets
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Dec 27 2016 06:53:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2016 :  07:42:56 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone,

Yes, today is my birthday. I am 60 years old now. I am glad to be alive and still healthy enough to do what I want too.

I hope everyone has a lovely day with moments of joy.

hugs,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2016 :  09:23:57 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Holly!!!!! Hope you have a wonderful day!!!! I am almost 6 years older than you, but you are right, glad to be alive and healthy enough to do what you want to do. No retirement for you for awhile!!! LOL!!!!
Hope everyone had a nice Christmas. Ours was quiet, but nice.
Have a great day,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2016 :  06:39:24 AM  Show Profile
Belated Happy Birthday Holly! Hope you had a wonderful day.
Everything is covered with frost this morning. The sun is shining and it looks like it's going to be a beautiful day.
One of DH's brothers came down yesterday and they went to visit another brother south of us. So I have been enjoying a little alone time. They will be back this evening.
Hope everyone has a lovely day.

Karin
Sister #2708

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2016 :  3:12:35 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

We woke to another inch of snow. It makes the world look clean. Temperatures must have been in the high twenties. I do need to put up the outdoor thermometer since the last one left to places unknown in a wind storm. I plowed out our mailbox and the neighbor's.

Nothing very interesting going on. Eating leftovers for supper. Turkey from the holiday and seafood lasagna from my birthday. Trying to make room in the refrigerator.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2016 :  6:22:34 PM  Show Profile
Happy birthday holly! Glad you all had a good time. My sis and her hubby did much better this year so I enjoyed the visit. She is a wonderful baker and made pumpkin pies ..she makes her own crust. She also made pecan tassies with her crust and hello dollies.my favorite. Now must lose some weight! I would really like to see a waist in 2017.
Y'all have a safe and wonderful new years!
Hugs
Janiee
Farmgirl 390.
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2016 :  3:55:39 PM  Show Profile
It has snowed all day long! This is the most snow we have received in one day in a very long time. Like maybe even including last year. We may have received 10 new inches so far. Temperatures are in the low twenties or teens not too cold. Tomorrow maybe more. This is so great!

Janiee I am glad that you had a good time at your sister's.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2016 :  11:26:47 PM  Show Profile
Holly--sorry I missed your birthday. seafood lasagna sounds good. I wish it would snow here but no accumulation so far, we just had a light dusting a while back. Janiee, I'm not sure what pecan tassies are but I want to try one! I love pecans. Deb, it's good to hear from you. Jan, I guess you had the warmest Christmas of all of us. Karin, I would imagine your weather is similar to the weather here. It was very foggy Christmas day. Marie, hope you are staying warm amidst those blizzards in the northern plains. I was feeling cold all day today and i usually don't feel cold but it was very windy today. I will be glad when this year is over. it's been unreal in too many ways. My crazy neighbor across the street is ticked off at me cause she took my trash bin and put it in her driveway and then claimed she didn't do it. The police were there again recently and led someone away in handcuffs. I try to have nothing to do with these people. They have a refrigerator sitting in their driveway with the door on it and it's not secured. I don't know how they get away with this stuff. I have no plans for New Year's Eve. I'll probably just go to bed early. I hope the weather is nice New year's day as i may go on a hike.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2016 :  3:43:45 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

We had a lovely day here in the Green MOuntains. The clouds were high so it did not seem dark all day. We received neglible snow fall. We have more than a foot of snow on the ground. I do hope that many many people from down country come up to have a good time and spend their money.

We bought the littles corn dogs and cheetos for New Year's dinner. It was a big treat. We are going to have shrimp of some sort. C will cook.

Night before last I experienced the intestinal virus that has gone around our area. It was intense and short lived. I told a IRL friend that I lost 6 pounds over night. I slept all night last night and have recovered from its nastiness. So, I will enjoy the shrimp.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2017 :  05:41:04 AM  Show Profile
Happy New year all!
Holly, sorry you had that nasty bout, but glad you are feeling better now. Enjoy that shrimp.
Wishing everyone a new year full of blessings.

Karin
Sister #2708

Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2017 :  07:21:27 AM  Show Profile
Happy Belated Birthday, Holly, and welcome to the 60s! Sorry you got the bug for your birthday -- Mom Nature is sometimes not a good shopper! Now it's time to feel good again and tackle the next wonderful decade.

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2017 :  09:14:33 AM  Show Profile
Happy New Year to all of my wonderful farmgirl friends!!!! 2016 was not a bad year forme, so am hoping for this year to be the same or better.
Good news, I finally got my computer to accept MJF!!!! I had to uninstall google chrome, and low and behold, it came right on. Now I can get into all of the forums. I feel I have missed so much.
Just got a small green house and set it up yesterday. It will come in handy for repotting my plants and starting new ones. I do not need it for the cold, but it will come in handy for starting new seeds anyway.
Hope you all have a wonderful day. It is 80 degrees here right now, going out to enjoy it!!!!

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2017 :  4:09:29 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

We had a lovely day here in the Green Mountains. The sun was shining and the breeze was soft. The blue of the sky was a stunning azure.

I spent the morning taking two of the boys to their therapies. Wipe out the morning but, hopefully it will make their teen age years more livable.

In the afternoon I did some small jobs around the house that have been dangling. I finished putting up the shelves in dsC's room. Not a big job but the holes iin the brackets were too big for the screw heads so I had to buy washers to keep the screw heads from slipping through.

I am a little concerned that iI have not heard from Mar. We had been writing and then a couple of months ago I did not get a return letter. I did not get too upset about it because people get busy. But, I have not received a winter holiday card either and think she would have sent one if she were well and able.

We bartered a Thanksgiving turkey with a friend of ours for cookies. She brought over several dozens of different wonderful ones tonight.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page