churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2016 :  7:26:21 PM  Show Profile
Cindy, call your internet service provider and see what they can do to trace and block the hacker.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2016 :  07:59:22 AM  Show Profile
Skyped with my grandbabies this morning. We have a standing date for early Sunday morning. The girls are 4 and 8, and the boy is 10. Since they live 700 miles away we don't see them nearly as much as I would like. Skyping helps some. It is fun to hear about what they have been doing all week. We leave Saturday to spend about 10 days with them. Can hardly wait to be there.
Took my walk after talking to them. It was only 71 degrees, but 98% humidity, so after 3 miles I was done.
Cindy, I'm sorry you are having trouble with this person. Not everything about the internet is wonderful.
Marilyn, have you received your spindle yet? How is your dad? Any chance that you might be able to make a trip to see him?
Jan, is DH drinking plenty of fluids? Dehydration and urinary tract infections can both cause memory issues. Hope he is doing all right now.
Hope everyone has a nice day.

Karin
Sister #2708

Romans 8: 38,39
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2016 :  5:26:23 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Temperatures were in the sixties in the morning and eighties in the afternoon. The morning felt outright chilly. not enough to make me put on long pants but enough to put on a sweat shirt until a hot flash visited.

The pigs are getting big. They are up to my knees. They are very friendly......too friendly. they rub my legs when I am pulling the water up from the well. I want them to not knock me down.

I painted dsC's room today. It is called Iced mint. I still need to do the trim. It is called hummingbird green. He is excited to have his room painted.

I am sorry someone is hacking into your email. I would feel violated on some level. I hope Jaxon continues to improve.

I am glad you get to communicate with your grand babies. I hope you have a great visit.

Sweet dreams.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2016 :  9:14:37 PM  Show Profile
Jaxon seemed real good on Saturday, then yesterday he seemed not himself. Today he had the head tilt and his head was lowered. when I tried to raise his muzzle to look into his eyes, he whimpered. I knew his neck was hurting him. I took him to the vet in Missouri and they prescribed codeine. he seems relaxed and happy now. I had to hand feed him tonight. I found out how much an MRI will cost--Holy Moses. It was a long trip over there and back and he didn't want to get out of the car when we got home. I used pizza, my neighbor, anything to coax him out of the car. Finally I had to pick him up and carefully help him stand on the ground. He can walk, it just seems to take a lot of effort to get up and moving.
I got a new phone number. I really need to rest tonight. Haven't slept well for three nights in a row. Weird dreams. Ached all over today and had a headache and felt light-headed. I think I' experiencing sympathy pains for Jaxon.
Holly, I need to repaint my living room but there is a corner where the plaster first needs repaired. it looks like quite a job so I will hire someone to fix it. There are cracks in the plaster where it has gotten wet when it rained in the past. The rest of my house is pretty sound (knock on wood).
Karin--where do your grandchildren live? I hope they are out of the humid, muggy Midwest. This weather is terrible for my allergies.
Marie--if vet expenses for Mitzi add up, there is something called
Care Credit that you can get. I will still need to take out a loan to pay for the MRI. This year has just been too much for me so far. Wish it would slow down.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog on Tumblr: eclecticstarlightcollectorbluff
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2016 :  06:18:30 AM  Show Profile
Cindy -- I got an e-mail from the SSN saying that they were adding a text-enabled phone to their log-in protocols as an extra safety measure. Not sure if this is the same e-mail you are talking about. I went to "My Social Security" site to log in and add the phone number, and could not get in -- tried and tried using the username and password I had written down (i know that's a no-no, but there are simply too many) and after 3 attempts, they locked my account for at least 24 hours. Sigh. And this is how the world works now -- if you can't get there electronically, you just can't get there. I then called the Social Security contact number and was told that their offices were closed -- but then they recited their business hours and I was right smack during when they should be open. Sigh sigh sigh. I may try again today, but it's not at the top of my list. They said in the e-mail that the new security protocol didn't take effect until a month or more down the line.

Trying to decide about flying down to Carolina for the bride-to-be's "couples shower" in a couple of weeks. I told Dude that he would be standing around poking at the fire with all the other guys ( most of whom would be 30 years or so his junior), while I was relegated to sitting inside with the other ladies, talking about every other wedding they had ever been to -- how tacky so-and-so's wedding had been -- I am quite sure that Queenie would hold forth at length about hers and Dude's wedding and would have many opportunities to introduce me to people as "the woman who lives with my husband" again. I said I would stay here and keep the shop open, because going looks like we would have to close on Friday, which is our busiest payment day. I texted Miss Bride and got the information for her gift registry -- told Dude I would take the $$ he would spend on my airfare and send her a nice gift from the registry. Not sure what he will do. I personally think it would be a huge waste of money and time for him to fly down there, but if he wants to go, that's up to him. There was a time when I would have been very VERY upset if he decided to go without me, but that time has passed -- ha ha ha. I wouldn't mind a quiet weekend at home alone, except for the Friday spent here at work on my own. We will see what happens.

I hope that all of our sick pets are getting better. What is going on? The heat and humidity have been so awful, so I know they're uncomfortable, but I hate thinking of them all being so sick. A friend of mine lost a chicken over the weekend. Not sure what happened -- she was intact, so it wasn't a marauding predator, but she has spent many hours disinfecting everything and cleaning out the coop to start over.

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2016 :  11:14:45 AM  Show Profile
I just went to the "My Social Security" website and logged in, adding my cellphone number. In future, when I log in, they will then send an 8-digit code to my cellphone, which I will then enter into the log-in screen. This has been changed by a federal mandate to increase security at any government websites that may contain personal user information. The change takes place now -- in August. If the user does not have a text-enabled cellphone, they will not be able to use the "My Social Security" website and will have to use telephone contact to get their SS information, or go to a SS office in person.

Farmgirl #6318

Edited by - Marilyn Hartman Sullivan on Aug 02 2016 11:41:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2016 :  12:16:29 PM  Show Profile
So far, I have not gotten anything from social security. I will probably be next in line. Will let you know if I do.
Cindy, I really feel for you with all that you have been through so far this year. Praying that things work out and you can start to slow down a bit. I do hope Jaxon starts feeling better real soon.
Marilyn, I had a spinning wheel and could not get the hang of it, so I gave up on it. I ended up giving it to my son to sell in his shop, which he did sell. It broke my hear to have to part with it, but we could not take it with us when we moved here, there just was no room in our little motorhome for a spinning wheel. I do have a drop spindle and over $100.00 in fiber to be spun. I will try it again one of these days. I have a lot of supplies to make drop spindles, which I am hoping to make this fall to sell on Etsy.
Marie, the countdown is on for school starting. Will you be working every day?
Karin, good that you can Skype with your grandchildren. They grow up way too fast as it is without seeing them. That is a great way to keep in touch. Hubby does drink a lot of water, so I am sure he is not dehydrated, just losing his mind. He is one that can remember anything about sports, but cannot remember what he did yesterday. He need to learn to concentrate more.
Holly, DH now says he is sorry we did not go to the eastern border and come down the Oceanside. Too late now!!!!
I finally went back into the pool and started my aerobics exercising again. I feel so much better now with more energy. I am hoping to keep it up daily like I did before. My muscles are thanking me.
It is still in the high 90s here with very high humidity, so have not been doing much outdoors except swimming early in the morning. By the end of the month it should start cooling down a degree or two.
Have a great day,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2016 :  4:54:51 PM  Show Profile
Marilyn-NO! NO! NO! It's a scam! I'm afraid you will read this too late. I went to Social Security--it is a scam.
Sigh. I had to take Jaxon to the vet last night. He was having pain lifting his head. Now he has pain medicine. He woke me up last night and wanted to go for a walk so I'm glad he is feeling better.
We live in a n evil world.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2016 :  8:36:25 PM  Show Profile
I sure hope Marilyn doesn't get taken. the guy at the office told me it was a scam. I've been researching on line but I think it's so new they don't have info. on it out there yet. there was a govt. mandate for multifactor authentication, but from what I've read, it applies mainly to financial transactions. I could be wrong, but I have a bad feeling about this. Maybe I'm too paranoid, but in today's world, your survival may depend on it. Others I have talked to think it's a scam. if it is, it's very realistic, is all I can say. I'm trusting my gut and I feel very sick about this. The thing is, on this new medicine, I feel like I can step back and observe things much more clearly--which in a way is good, but also frightening. This program supposedly started in august, and they didn't send an e-mail till a few days before? I find that suspicious. It's like they want to catch you before you have a chance to find out the truth. Truth is the biggest casualty of today's world. I trust in God for truth, and that means listening to my instincts. I don't trust the media, or the internet, or the intellectuals--if you want to know truth, hug a few trees. they're not all the same. Eventually you'll hug one that just feels right. In Native American spirituality, trees are superior to humans cause they've been around longer and can live longer. They have ancient knowledge. If it weren't so hot and muggy out, I'd throw myself down on the ground to sort things out. But bugs like me--like to bite me. Anyway, it's time for bed. I finally slept well last night. Hope I do tonight.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2016 :  05:44:41 AM  Show Profile
I think this is a lovely world -- as lovely as I choose to make it. Having said that, I don't have tolerance for the crazy here any longer. Goodbye, ladies.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2016 :  05:57:06 AM  Show Profile
Please don't go Marilyn! I so enjoy hearing about your days and the things you and the Dude do.

Karin
Sister #2708

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2016 :  08:27:53 AM  Show Profile
I do hope you stay with us, Marilyn, we all seem to get offended by something every once in awhile. We have been a great support system for each other, and I hope it stays that way. You have a lot on your plate right now with your dad and all, we want to be here for you both for you to vent, and also for support.
I have been back in the pool doing water aerobics for 3 days now. I really feel so much better and a lot more energetic. I go early in the morning before it is scalding out. I have also been drinking a water I have been making that helps with my digestive system. It is 2 quarts of water, 1 lemon sliced, a peeled and sliced cucumber, 1 tsp. fresh ground ginger, and 12 mint leaves. My pants seem to be bigger on me, I think it is helping with bloating.
Have a great day,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2016 :  12:42:03 PM  Show Profile
I am so happy to call everyone here a friend. We all have different lives and circumstances. It is so good to come together in a place that is safe.

Cindy - I am counting the days. I will be going out to my parents' place in Wisconsin on Friday and return on Monday so I may not be on much. I will go by myself with Mitzi. Lowell does not want to drive because he does that for his job. I am renting a car. I will be leaving in the morning when the traffic is not so crazy.

Marilyn - Don't feel so badly about getting taken in by a scam. I did and had to cancel both my debit and credit cards.

Jan - That beverage sounds interesting. Does the mixture have to sit overnight and must a new batch be remade when it is all finished?

I am happy not to have to go anywhere right now. With 90 degrees and 56% humidity, it will be quite a chore.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2016 :  12:52:31 PM  Show Profile
I DID NOT GET TAKEN IN BY A SCAM. GEEZ. IT'S A LEGITIMATE SECURITY MEASURE AND LOTS OF SITES ARE TAKING IT. THE WORLD IS NOT OUT TO GET ME.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2016 :  2:37:25 PM  Show Profile
If you hold your mouse over the header on the original message, it would appear to be a false e-mail. I don't know. I have read that SS NEVER sends out e-mails and always gives people time to check it out. If that's crazy, then I guess I am. Sorry, but I choose to believe the man I actually spoke to at the Social Security office. I did not mean to offend you, Marilyn. I talked to someone else who also received this e-mail and she is wary of it. I did talk to my brother who writes software and he is suspicious of it. So that makes at least three of us crazies. I don't know what to think--until recently, I didn't know you could receive phone numbers from fake area codes but it is true. I called too late today to get ahold of my local office. Marilyn, I care about you and would never intentionally scare you. I don't intend to scare anyone. I am holding out till I find out the truth. Maybe the guy at the Social Security office was wrong. But I don't understand why they wouldn't at least tell the people who work there. I've always gotten the impression that SS was more careful and thorough than that. But maybe I'm wrong. All I know is, I'm not the only "crazy" out there. I'm not offended that you don't believe me. But I have a long history with SS and they've never done anything like this before. Plus the govt. mandate was supposed to take place in May, not august. heck, I don't know what to believe.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2016 :  4:55:34 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Today was a gloriously hot day. The thermometer read 82 but there was alight breeze and only in the late afternoon was it uncomfortable.

I would be with you, Marilyn about staying home.
I was thinking you could write a book of short stories about the folks that buy your cars. Do you know who Armistead Maupin is. He wrote Tales of the City and the rest of the series. They were originally short stories that are a serial in a newspaper. Then they were compiled into a book. I heard on the radio that there are some publishers who want to do books for binge reading recognizing that many people read in short bursts of time like on a subway ride. So, they are making stories that stand alone but chain together. I think you could do that as well. I had a friend who lived in Australia but I met her when she was in the US. She wrote romance novels under a pseudonym using French to support her and her daughter as a single mother. She was also a nurse. Anyway if she were still alive she would be more than 100 that is how long ago she wrote. You talk some times about a continuing job, maybe that is not the right term but being an author would be an option.

Jan it is not too late in the year to travel north. A two or three day drive to New England. Just jerking your strings. Glad the pool is good for you.

Hope you have a nice visit with MOm and Dad, Marie.

Cindy how old is Jaxon?

DsR (8) found some food coloring. He painted his face and hands yellow. He does look odd.

I saw a Scarlet Tanager yesterday. It moved too fast for me to get a good picture. I have only seen one once here before.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2016 :  9:23:48 PM  Show Profile
Holly--Jaxon is four years old. that's why the vet is so concerned about his head tilt and lack of balance. Things like that usually don't happen in young dogs and Jaxon has always been freakishly healthy. He IS half Plott Hound and they are one of the few breeds not known to have any genetically inherited diseases or conditions. Probably because they're not well known and the blood line has been very carefully preserved. They are one of the only All American breeds and date back to 1750.
Marie--I hope you and Mitzi have a safe trip. It was 75 degrees a while ago when I walked Jaxon but the humidity is 94%. Big difference between Minnesota and Illinois. Even for us, that is high humidity.
Jan--I wish I had a pool right now!
Karin--I, too, hope Marilyn stays.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2016 :  3:11:32 PM  Show Profile
I feel SO disappointed in this country right now. The e-mail appears to be legit. What it means is that the govt. is demanding to know your password, username and cell phone number to access the account. I'm paying taxes so the govt. can spy on me? Is this what we've come to? And what will they demand tomorrow? ALL your passwords? I thought we lived in a democracy. God, this is depressing. Today is the anniversary of the arrest of Anne Frank, who died at 14 in a Nazi concentration camp. A black day for the world. And a dismal day for me. I will probably be kicked off this forum for writing this. There HAS to be boundaries between citizens and the govt. Just like people NEED privacy or something bad will happen to them mentally. I don't care anymore. I love my country and I cry over what is happening to it. "A nation that is willing to trade a little freedom for a little security shall know neither freedom nor security".
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2016 :  6:05:24 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I sat on the National Board of the American Civil Liberties Union in the nineties as well as the Vermont board. I understand about the right to have privacy and the right to not have the government interfere in our lives.

We had a Plott's Hound for several years. My brother gave him to us. He lived to be 12 years old. He loved to run and run and run. We would go for walks in the woods and he would disappear but you could hear him barking off and on. He would arrive home several hours later exhausted. He was a fetching brindle color. I have been wondering if Jaxon could have been hit by a car without you knowing. Did they xray his spine?

I was watering the pigs this afternoon and once again two of them thought it was a good idea to lick my legs. It is a disconcerting feeling to be licked by a pig. their tongues are not rough like a cow. NOne of this set has ever tried to take a chunk out of my leg and for that I am grateful.

We had corn on the cob for supper. It is the first time in several years we have splurged.

it was about 88 F today. not much breeze. the humidity was not exceptionally high. a light breeze all day.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2016 :  8:44:03 PM  Show Profile
Holly--Jaxon is either in the house or in a fenced in yard at all times. I always know where he is. I walk him on a leash--he doesn't go out of the house without a leash. I saw my dog get hit by a car once and I fell down screaming. he survived, miraculously not hurt too bad. I'm terrified of any dog getting hit by a car. I'm sorry if I seem overwrought. people have been telling me so many different things about the internet and I don't know what to believe. I'm terrified of either one of the two presidential candidates winning. I talked to my therapist tonight and he admitted the FBI had a file on hi m cause he had participated in an anti-nuclear rally long ago. He used the Freedom of Information Act to get the file and it took eight years. Maybe I should take a break till I'm not so upset. I am very worried about Jaxon. If anything happens to that dog, I will be lost. I want to go back to a simpler time when you could hit the road and no one knew where you were or who you were. Maybe it's my proximity to St. Louis that is aggravating me. There has been a lot of violence there lately as well as corruption among law enforcement. I guess I should stop reading the news. I don't watch it anymore. I'm very sensitive and like I mentioned, this is a bad time of year for me. Nine years ago at this time I experienced the worst betrayal of my entire life. Those feelings keep coming back. I guess by the middle of August I will be better. Right now I'm a mess. I'm sorry. Believe it or not, my mind is clearer now than it has been for some time. It's these FEELINGS--of betrayal, of lies told about me, of "friends" who turned out to be anything but, of finding out that I couldn't trust people whom I'd long trusted---and of one person who believed me and who is no longer with us. He was a priest, and when I told him what another priest had done---he actually cried and said a blessing over me. No one else believed me. I don't talk about it cause I know people will say that i'm crazy--and the pain is enough to drive me to tears, I'm crying right now. I'm sorry, I have to go before I totally lose it. Hope this makes sense.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2016 :  6:29:07 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I know that you are hyper vigilant about Jaxon. You are a very good mother to him. I only mentioned cars because when I lived at another house there were two dogs who were best friends and one day the beagle was walking with his head tilted to one side. He had been hit. It was a very rural place and no one thought twice about letting their dogs out.

I do not watch the news on TV. I read about some of the nasties in the newspaper but it comes onle four days each week now. Most of the time I avoid it on the computer as well. Maybe it is a bit irresponsible of me to not be informed but all of the negativeness and death overwhelms me. I know of people who have done freedom of information act searches and have found themselves in the files. I probably have one from when I politically active. If the Powers that be want to waste their time following my conversations they should go for it. My tax dollars being used to keep track of me. Kind of funny. I don't worry about it.
For a long while we kept track of the unguarded border crossings into Canada incase we needed them. Paranoid in a protectionist sort of way. I did not lose sleep over it. Just covering our bases.

I am sorry for your betrayals. I think we all have them at some level. I read a sign in the emergency room when I had dsR up there getting xrayed for his broken arm. Maybe I already wrote this several months ago. It said, Remembering is a gift Forgetting is true genius. I think you should work on the forgetting part so those nasty events do not continue to play such a a large role in your well being. YOu should look into a shamanic healer. Some can do soul retrieval. The idea is that when we are afraid or hurt a piece of our soul leaves that main part and hides so it will stay alive. The healer calls that piece back and while the pain is still there it is not so intense and the hurt heals. hugs to you.

This is a great time of year. I went up to pick some blueberries today and some one(s) had eaten all of the blue ones. There were some bluejays sending up a ruckus in the trees so maybe it was them. I thought about bear but the branches were not broken. The flowers in the fields are wild with color. Mostly yellow here like the sun. I picked some red clover hoping it would dry and stay the pink that it was. Last year I tried and they turned brown. A small science experiment for me to tickle my brain.

The pigs licked my legs again today. One thought nibbling on my socks would be a fun time and I discouraged him. I would like a pump on the well in the barn instead of the bucket that is there so I could pump up some water and splash it on them.

The cows spend most of the day in the barn because it is cool and no flies. As the sun goes down they go out to browse but then it is time to come in for my well being for the night. I think we need to start giving them a little hay at night to make up for the browse they are missing in the day time.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2016 :  11:23:58 PM  Show Profile
Holly--I don't know of any Shamanic healers in this area but I went to a Healing touch practitioner.Ihad a terrible cough that shots, pills, and nothing else would touch. Two sessions with her and it cleared up. she said my throat chakra was blocked cause I wasn't expressing my truth. I used to have asthma but haven't had it since last December when I told someone something that I'd needed to tell them for a long time. I am not sure about soul retrieval. I had a bad experience with a so-called shaman who was actually a sorcerer and her power came from...you don't want to know. Memory is both a blessing and a curse. Besides, I carry feelings in my body and even if I don't consciously remember something, I still feel it.
I am starting to think Jaxon had a severe ear infection that has developed into possibly meningitis. He is very weak in his hind legs, like something is wrong with his spine. I filled out an application for a loan tonight. He sleeps all day and night but goes for a walk once a day. Still very difficult for him to navigate stairs.
I hope I didn't scare everyone else away. My brother said using a cell phone code to access an account provides "an extra level of security" since any hackers would need your phone to access the account. I have my doubts. It's giving the govt. too much info. He really believes that humans will eventually solve all their problems with technology. He's been a rabid Star Trek fan all his life and Spock is his role model. I guess I'm more like Dr. McCoy. I like Star Trek, except for Captain Jerk. "These are the voyages of the starship Boobyprize, on a five year mission to secure high Nielson ratings, to sell toys and merchandise...."
I don't know if I would like pigs licking me. I've been smooched by a baby pig. That was cute. Adult pigs aren't cute.
Cindy
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2016 :  05:44:20 AM  Show Profile
Holly, I hope you manage to get some blueberries. We have raspberries and blackberries on our property, but the birds and other critters always beat us to them. I can do without being licked by pigs
We are heading to our son's house in a few hours. 8 days with my grandbabies! Can hardly wait to see them.
Hope everyone has a lovely day.

Karin
Sister #2708

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2016 :  08:37:52 AM  Show Profile
I picked some blackberries at my parent's place yesterday. It was good that I had my skin covered. The thorns are wicked. I'll have to pick more today. The day is beautiful and sunny with not much humidity. We watched two eagles flying around above the trees to the south moving in slow counter-clockwise circles. Mitzi chased a wild rabbit last night. My dad has told me that my mom has been slowing down and hasn't wanted to go on the walks as she used to. Her hearing has gotten worse but she doesn't click her false teeth as much as she used to. I feel a little uncomfortable about her waiting on me hand and foot. I know that this is what she is used to.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2016 :  07:01:03 AM  Show Profile
I am going to make a plum pie today from a recipe that was in MJF magazine. It is not as hot as it has been so it should be OK to turn the oven on. if ya'll lived closer you could come over and have some pie. I also need to mow the yard. Marie, my mom is 82 and still wants to cook for others and wait on them. Their generation was raised that way. I am glad you are spending time with your parents. Karin, glad you get to spend time with the grandkids. It is a nice day here.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page