Author Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic
Page: of 408

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2016 :  09:59:57 AM  Show Profile
Marilyn--all I need are five smooth rocks.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog on Tumblr: eclecticstarlightcollectorbluff
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2016 :  10:20:35 AM  Show Profile
I've got one you can use.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2016 :  10:28:25 AM  Show Profile
I would gladly donate a rock to that cause!

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2016 :  4:54:02 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

OK, I looked back and can not find out about the rocks. New England grows them so I am in too.

Another lovely day here in the Greens. Temperatures were in the high seventies, sky is clear. The guineas are still nesting. I think they should hatch in the next week or so.

Congratulations on finishing the class in accounting.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2016 :  7:20:40 PM  Show Profile
Cindy said all she needed was 5 rocks. I said I have one she could use and so did Marilyn. All she needs is 3 more and she is set. I offered my rock as a way of saying that I was there for her.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2016 :  9:03:21 PM  Show Profile
Holly--in the story of David vs. Goliath, David stoops down and picks up five smooth stones. The first one he lets fly kills Goliath. Thank you to everyone who is offering me a stone! I was trying to explain to my neighbor why I am fed up with the work environment---I guess it's like being in an abusive relationship. You put up with so much and then....I told her if I stayed there, I'm afraid I'll be killed. Not literally, but in every other way imaginable. And the scary part is that I'm too often willing to have a hand in doing it. I've been through three suicide attempts. I don't want to aim for a fourth--cause I know I'll succeed. And that's one endeavor I'd rather fail at.
On the plus side, the few stocks I've invested in were not heavily hit by Brexit. I don't really know anything about the stock market but I have a 401K and I checked it and so far I'm safe. I transferred the funds from my 403B last year to the 401K and now I'm glad, cause if I was still in the other plan, I would have been hit hard. I don't have very much in it, but the way things are going in this world, I doubt that it'll make any difference in the future. The world is eventually going to be controlled by corporations, so I am aiming for an alternative lifestyle. if I have to grow my own food, barter, and depend on my neighbors, I'll take that over any corporation. Sadly, I know people who are owned by corporations--and the corporations have way of convincing them that the work they do is socially relevant (Monsanto likes to convince its employees that they're helping to feed the world). Then they cut 500 jobs in this area so they obviously aren't concerned about feeding their employees. I know a man (retired) who was an executive at Monsanto, and he really did tell them to "put the people (employees) first". I guess that's why he's retired.
Marilyn--I envy your garden. My straw bale garden is dying. I tried. the tomatoes and peppers in pots are doing good. I guess the difference is that I used a combo of peat moss and compost in the pots, and I used regular garden soil on the straw bales. next year I'll know better. We need rain desperately. it is hot, hot, hot. We now have peaches that are in season. Usually we don't have them this early. I think my blackberry brambles are almost ready as well. And yes, lots of squash and zucchini at the farmer's market! the co-op is having a milk & cookies party on sunday to announce the arrival of local, fresh, (I assume raw) milk. I've never been much of a milk drinker but I'll have to try it.
I have a John Denver song running through my head--must be feeling a bit nostalgic.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Go to Top of Page

bramblerose
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Canada
77 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2016 :  11:51:58 AM  Show Profile
My daughter's best friend growing up was killed in a head-on car crash yesterday. I've known this girl since she was a toddler, and she spent lots of time at my house, and my daughter at hers. My kids went to youth group with her, too, and she was in my van when I had to taxi the kids anywhere.

She leaves two children, 6 and 8. (Her boyfriend was also killed in the crash.)

I was unsaddling the cowboy's horse yesterday, tripped in the stall, dropped the saddle, and stepped down hard to save myself. I didn't fall, but just that jarring step. My hip hurts so much I can barely walk today. Joe the horse wasn't too impressed with my lack of coordination and did a little jittery step himself.

Papers have been submitted at the court registry for probate... now waiting... I haven't heard back, so it must have been all in order. I hope.

In better news, it's sunny and warm. We have ID'd over 600 calves. 2400 to go.

My flowers are lovely.

~Ann~

My life on the ranch ... http://a-thousandhills.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2016 :  3:04:06 PM  Show Profile
Ann--it sounds like you have had more than your share of grief lately. I will pray for those two children and for your hip to get better. I stepped down hard once and hurt my knee--but it was already arthritic before that accident, so I didn't realize at first how much I'd hurt it. If it gets too sore please get an x-ray. Here are some scenes from today in my river town. I have been hearing thunder so I hope it rains.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2016 :  4:59:51 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I am sorry your daughter of the heart has died so tragically and so young. Hugs to you and your daughter and the children.

I see in the paper that the GMO labeling law that was passed last year in our Vermont legislature may be preempted and nulled by Congress. What are the corporations afraid of? profits tumbling?

I hope you only need one rock as well.

Your town looks so flat. Even by our larger rivers which are brooks compared to your river the mountains rise out of the banks. I guess you can see the storms for miles.

A friend of mine who is in her late seventies has decided to celebrate her life and leave it. She has diabetes and has been on home dialysis for a while. Tomorrow will be the soiree. She wants all of us to have a good time and remember her goodness. I think she will have five more days at most not having functioning kidneys. Send her warm passing thoughts.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2016 :  11:27:04 AM  Show Profile
Here's one picture that didn't post yesterday. Yes, the Midwest is pretty flat and you can see storms coming from a distance. When I was a kid and we lived in a rural area, we would sit outside on summer nights, eat popcorn, and watch the thunderstorms approach. You could see the lightning from twenty miles away, then it would get closer and the thunder would get louder, and then the wind would begin to blow. Wind always preceeds the storm. One good thing is that if you're in open country, you can spot a tornado from far off. I've never seen one, even though I frequently have dreams about tornadoes. And in this part of the country, we do NOT call them "twisters". Maybe that's a Texas thing.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2016 :  6:44:10 PM  Show Profile
Good evening,

I went to Paij's goodbye celebration. It was nice. People said many nice things about this strong courageous risk taker. I did speak. I hope it is what she wanted. I think it is everyone's right to go out the door of their own accord. I do think waking up dead is the best way.

We have all our hay in. It is a nasty job that is finite and I am always glad when we know we have enough feed for the cows for the winter.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499

Edited by - Tall Holly on Jun 26 2016 6:45:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2016 :  05:43:13 AM  Show Profile
Ann, I hope your hip feels better and you are able to be mobile.
Holly, that, I am sure, is a very good feeling to have all the hay in for the winter when it is still June. There is always so much to do year round to get ready for winter on a farm. How are the gardens doing
Cindy, It looks like you live in a nice area. There is beauty almost everywhere in this country, if you look for it.
We plan on leaving here for Michigan in a couple of weeks, stay there for 5 days, then off to see the country in the east coast. I am not a very good traveler, so we better find a lot of things to site see.
have been harvesting my green beans, that is the only thing tat is growing right now in this heat. I read that most vegetables are planted the end of August til March. I am learning a lot about planting in Florida. I have a lot of herbs that I planted over a year ago that are growing very well. I have been drying them and have jars in the pantry.
Doing y laundry, so need to go and get it hung on the lines.
Have a great day,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

bramblerose
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Canada
77 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2016 :  09:24:59 AM  Show Profile
Hip IS better. Thank you. By last night, I could barely move, with pain across my lower back. I took a Robax-a-something and went to bed at 7:30. Woke up at 6 am, and we are good to go!

Any minute now, the cowboy will pick me up and it's another day of ID'ing calves, then depending on what time we're done, and how tired I am, I'll do some mowing. It takes me about 4-5 hours to mow everything, but I'll split it into two days this time.

SOMETHING is digging in my big planter! It ate the leaves off ALL my crackerjack marigolds, all the petunia flowers in that planter, dug holes, then had the nerve to chatter at me when I interrupted its breakfast. I think it's a woodchuck or groundhog. It sounded like a bird when it was scolding me, and I caught sight of its head before it ducked away in a hole behind the planter.

The cowboy's daughter and her family went back to Fort McMurray yesterday. Their house wasn't damaged in the fire, but they wanted to make sure essential services were up and running and that some of the safety issues had been resolved before taking the children back.

My son is doing well, where he is. The marriage, not so much. My dil is... well a very opinionated young lady. I'll leave it at that.

Good for you, Holly, getting your hay in! We still have that bridge to cross, but probably not for a few months yet. We buy our hay, but have over 500 acres of silage to put up.

Beautiful and sunny... I've got the sunscreen on ... hat and tinted safety glasses ready to go. (I got prescription safety / sunglasses made last year. Stylish enough for everyday sunglasses. I think so, anyway, but I'm over 50 so I can wear whatever the hay I want and call it good.)

I better run.

~Ann~

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2016 :  8:15:50 PM  Show Profile
Holly--I am sure the words you spoke were the right ones. I went to the funeral of my friend's father today. His son spoke and was so choked up I cried. K. sang "How Great Thou Art". She sounded lovely. I am glad the sun is shining so you can make hay.
Jan--hope you have fun in Michigan and elsewhere. Can you grow plums in Florida? I would love to have tree full of plums.
Ann--am glad your hip feels better! I can't imagine IDing that many calves. Do their mothers ever get them mixed up? I need to mow my small front yard but it has been so close lately that I have trouble breathing. I think your dil needs to realize that a relationship isn't about opinions--it's about give and take. Good that MacMurray is coming back to life. You can't keep a good town down.
I am listening to a CD of Native American flute music with crickets, birds, owls, etc. Jaxon kept cocking his head as he listened to it. he was so funny to watch, like, how did those birds get in those speakers? It has a calming effect on me--I have been having troubling thoughts lately. It probably doesn't help that I feel isolated and my parents are so...out of it. I need someone to talk to when I start having feelings about things I have no control over.
Took some pictures while across the river today. Missouri has hills, since St. Louis is the back door to the Ozarks. The area across the river in my previous pictures is actually a flood plain, hence it is very flat. The Missouri River is about two miles beyond the Mississippi at my town. the confluence is about five miles downstream.

Cindy

Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2016 :  10:54:35 AM  Show Profile
Ann -- That sounds miraculous! So glad you aren't permanently injured. And glad to hear that the "kids" can get back into their home. That fire is some scary business.

We were out on the boat on Sunday -- went further than we usually do, because I wanted to go somewhere "different." We went up into the Bush River and under what looked to me to be a VERRRRRRYYYY low bridge! I was just sure we couldn't make it under that bridge, but of course the Dude knew we would fit. I actually held my silly breath when we went under -- like that would have helped! ha Once we got in under the bridge, it looked almost like a lake -- very protected and picturesque. We were looking around for a marina to see if we could find somewhere to get a bite of lunch. Saw several docks and pulled up where we saw a guy standing. He said it was a private yacht club- members only (oops!), but that the Commodore of the club happened to be right there on his big boat. The Commodore came out and invited us to come on up to the clubhouse and just tell them we were his guests. So we tied our boat up and had a little tour of the their yacht club and had lunch at their poolside snackbar. I thought that was awfully gracious of them. On the way back, once we were out onto the Bay proper, I got the urge to drive, so Dude let me drive the boat at speed on the actual Chesapeake Bay!!! That was pretty exciting for me. I drove the boat all the way back up past the Aberdeen Proving Grounds (making sure to stay outside the markers) and on up to our home marina. Dude drove after that. I can only imagine how many big expensive things I could crash into in that crowded marina!!! This morning I wrote a little "thank you" note to the yacht club.

Dude has gone to pick up a car this afternoon and the mechanic has already left, so it is quiet here. I need to get up and move around a little bit. Maybe I will knit standing up for a while. I already registered for the next session in my accounting classes. My daughter is going to come pick me up after a bit -- I am going to ride with her down to the scout camp to pick up my youngest grandson. This is his first home break since he went down to camp to work 2 weeks ago. I am sure he will chatter all the way back from camp! Big doings for a 14-year-old.

Cindy -- remember we are all here, even if "here" is pretty scattered. But we do care.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2016 :  10:43:21 PM  Show Profile
Marilyn--sounds like you had fun boating. How big is Chesapeake Bay? It was nice that the yacht club welcomed you. I am reading a book "Once Upon a River" about a teenage girl who sets out in an old rowboat to find her mother after her father is killed. I only read it when I'm feeling OK cause I've been so stressed out and I can't enjoy a book that way.
I find it easy to talk about depression, anxiety, etc., but there's one thing that scares me to talk about with anyone---my dr. and therapist have both told me that sometimes I am paranoid. I wonder if it's paranoia or something else. I've known for a long time that my boss was out to get me--no question there--but I didn't realize she would lie and cheat to get rid of me. It made me realize how much she really hates me and that bothers me. I honestly feel like they're trying to kill me. To take away all my resources so I'll give up and kill myself. It bothers me to think that people can be that evil, but I know they can. I feel so paranoid about that place that I never want to work there again. And I feel so scared right now that I don't think I'm capable of working anywhere else. I got a letter from Social Security and they denied my disability. so now I have to see a lawyer and file an appeal. I know SS turns down most applications. They seem to believe that I can learn to do something else. I feel like they decided much too quickly, and it appears they didn't even contact my therapist. I think the guy I talked to at the SSA was biased against me. Does that make me paranoid? I don't even know how to go about doing all the stuff for unemployment that they require you to do. You have to prove that you're searching (on-line) and that you're applying. It's all done on computers anymore and I feel like I don't really have the knowledge to compete. I feel like I have been competing for over a decade with people who have two good arms, and I only have one good arm, only no one can see it so they don't believe it. I guess the best way to describe my disability is to compare it to someone who is very intelligent but has Asparger's. They can be a genius but still have autism. I don't have schizophrenia but I fall somewhere on that spectrum. Plus I battle depression. anxiety, paranoia, some OCD, probably an undiagnosed learning disability--one saintly person at work told me that I am a "success story" but it seems certain people are determined to force me to depend on the govt. and I don't like that. I went to a food pantry today for the first time in my life. I hate asking my parents for money. This food pantry is open to anyone, regardless of need. All they ask for is your SS#, state ID, and a letter (such as a utility bill) with proof of address. One of the local CSA's donates surplus produce to the pantry so I got fresh greens, cucumber, squash, peppers, cauliflower, and an avocado. Plus the regular boxed and canned goods. Even three frozen packages of meat, though I rarely eat meat. It's supposed to be enough for three days but it should last me at least a week. Next I am going to check into getting assistance with my utility bills. One of my prescriptions is up but I still have insurance so I will get it filled before my insurance runs out. There are some places that can get you free or discounted prescriptions. I can see my therapist one more time before my insurance runs out. after that, I don't know what I'll do. I've been seeing him since 2007. I made an apt. with a lawyer who specializes in disability and hopefully they can help me with applying for public aid so I have insurance. Twenty-three years I worked at that place and never asked for any accomodations. And this is my reward. I think I have a RIGHT to feel paranoid.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2016 :  06:36:43 AM  Show Profile
You know, Cindy -- it sounds to me like you are more capable than your ex-boss made you out to be. I mean, you are navigating the treacherous waters of red tape (I know I am mixing metaphors here, but what the heck!) and learning how the systems work as you go along. Did someone tell you that you couldn't learn how to use the Internet, because they might not have had any idea what they were talking about. Here you are -- on the Internet -- communicating with us!

A thousand years ago, when I got ready to go back into the job market, I knew that the business world had changed a LOT since I had left it. There were computers on every desktop in America and I had never EVER used one. I got hold of a set of basic intro classes on CDs and plugged them into the computer in my husband's office, closed the door and started slogging through them. I learned the very basics of Word, Excel, etc., and was able to honestly tell prospective employers that I had some training.

I don't pretend to understand your whole situation, but it sounds to me like you are advocating for yourself (A+ for that), getting all the help you can find (A+ again), and learning what professionals are out there who can help you (Another A+). I am here to hopefully give you a little boost in the self-confidence department, because I am not hearing the words of a quitter, but the words of a survivor and one tough cookie.

As far as the paranoia, I will leave that diagnosis to the professionals, but I am reminded of a saying "Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you." Might seem trite and a little dismissive, but it sounds to me like you were put through quite the wringer at your former job. I say shake the dust of that place off your feet, square your shoulders, and charge right straight ahead with your head up. It sounds to me like you are heading in the right direction, Girl!

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2016 :  06:45:52 AM  Show Profile
Ha! What I meant to post before I read Cindy's last post and wanted to respond to her --- I have untied the apron strings that held me to facebook. I won't say that I have cut them, because I still have my account, but I told everyone on there that I was taking a little break and that if anyone wanted to keep in touch via e-mail or snail mail to please IM me their address.

There is just so much political and religious crappola on there right now that I found myself getting irritated and upset every time I looked at it. I got facebook originally so that I could see pictures of my great-nieces and great-nephews who live far away from me. I wanted to see pictures of them as they were growing up. When my little brother moved to Japan, it was great to see his pictures and all. I enjoy the funny videos of puppies and kittens, and some of the recipes that people post. Facebook actually has brought me back in touch with people from a lifetime ago and lots of friends from high school, etc.

The downside was that there is this constant argument going on between the rights and the lefts and the Christians and the atheists and the NRA and the no-guns folks and the gays and the straights and the pro this and the con that -- all this swirling cauldron of rhetoric and opinion and I just opted out. Done. It may take me a while to sever it completely, and I honestly will probably keep my account so I can check in from time to time and see pictures of my far-flung family, but it feels pretty good to not constantly check in and see what everyone else is doing.

I will stick to my Iris Goddess Sisters for now. We keep things nice and positive. We support each other. We share pictures of our projects. We share our struggles and our victories. This is a good place for me.

And on that very PRO Mary Jane's Farm note -- have any of you tried Mary Jane's organic brownie mix? Yummers. Of course I probably "unorganicked" it when I swirled the peanut butter through it before I put it into the oven, but I could probably find organic peanut butter.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

bramblerose
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Canada
77 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2016 :  08:54:40 AM  Show Profile
Update on son.... his wife threw his things out on the lawn. He left his friend's place about 2.5 hours away to go and retrieve them, and partway there, the truck starting smoking. He "downshifted" again, and texting me about how his life isn't worth anything and everything he does turns to crap. It got very BAD. I called the Crisis Line... they called him. He wasn't happy with that, and told me he'd never, ever do "that." Well, son, don't talk to me like you are going to. Just. Don't.

I don't know if he fixed the truck or got his stuff or what. No news is good news, or maybe he just ran out of minutes on his phone.

Update on daughter.... she is coming up for the funeral of her best friend. (daughter lives 7 hours away.)

The cowboy.... got kicked in the face by a steer yesterday. (He was castrating a bull calf.) OMG, it was another stop-my-heart moments. His cheek was split open (to the bone) and his nose took a swipe. Drove him into the ER, which took almost an hour. Thank God, it missed his eye, SO CLOSE, and no bones were broken. (He was wearing safety glasses, thankfully.) Took four packages of sutures to stitch him up, and he's looking pretty sore and swollen. Looks like he was in a brawl. Let's just say the "other guy" lost his balls.

Off today, going with my friend from the Forage Association to a ranch (where I grew up and owned by my "second mom and dad.") to gather information for an article for the beef magazine I write articles for. The forage association is doing some pilot projects, teaching cows how to eat weeds. Very effective, highly nutritious, and saves using nasty herbicides. Six cattle ranches in the area are involved. It'll be great to see C and E today... I'm more excited to see them than to watch cows chomp on thistles.

Cindy, sometimes there is a dumb cow who doesn't pick up her kid again. We usually hold the herd we just ID'ed (in a small holding pen, grassy, and big enough to spread and mill around) for a few hours and let them pair up again and settle before turning them out into a big pasture. Sometimes, there's that one not-so-bright mama, bawling and running the fence, but once she's pointed in the right direction, she's good.

~Ann~

Edited by - bramblerose on Jun 29 2016 09:06:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2016 :  4:28:42 PM  Show Profile
Ann--it's good that you called the crisis line on your son. It sounds like he may need some time in a support group to learn that he's not alone. That's the worst part of dealing with feeling bad about yourself--you feel completely alone and forget about all the people who love you and support you. It's like a form of tunnel vision. When a person is depressed, it is usually due to certain chemicals in the brain having a field day. the trick is to get those chemicals in the right order. that's where medication helps. Sounds like your dil needs some anger management classes. She is not making this any easier for your son. Remain supportive of your son, I know it's hard to deal with the dark thoughts he has, encourage him to seek professional help. I hope he avoids his wife in the meantime. He doesn't need to deal with her garbage right now.
Ouch! That the Cowboy got kicked in the face. But the steer will end up getting the worst of it--not only did he lose his balls, but someday he'll become hamburger. I hope your Cowboy heals quickly.
Marilyn--sometimes I just try to avoid Facebook cause people can be so ignorant. I like a good discussion with different opinions, but not when it denigrates to name-calling.
No one has told me that I can't do certain things---I just know from past experience that it's easy for me to learn in a classroom, and difficult to learn anything on a new job. Before I started working at the hospital I tried working a few other places. I would get fired after two weeks, or two months, cause I wasn't learning fast enough. The things is, I feel like my boss psychologically attacked me, and whenever I feel attacked, it triggers my PTSD. I feel scared to try again right now--I WILL try again when I am feeling stronger, but it may take a while. That's how this illness works---you go along doing OK for a while, and them something happens, and you crash. Just because no one can see your injuries doesn't mean they don't exist. And yes, I have heard "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you." I first saw that in jr. high. I thought it was funny then and I still do. I got a call from work and they want me to come in tomorrow morning to "discuss" the accomodations I need. HR told me yesterday that the company's legal team would look at it. If the "discussion" ventures into treacherous territory, I will get up, announce that this is a topic I need to discuss with my lawyer, and walk out. I have the right to do that. I feel like I'm dealing with human sharks.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

bramblerose
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Canada
77 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2016 :  07:57:05 AM  Show Profile
Son sent an SOS text yesterday, that folks were taking his things from the pile on the lawn. Without going into piles of detail and drama, it was all settled with the help of police, neighbour, and landlord. Son will collect everything today when he attempts to make the drive again. He has a big gig tomorrow, for Canada Day, with his own business.

I don't know what dil is thinking! She left such a bad impression with police that they called my son to ask if he thinks dil's three-year-old daughter is safe. (Not my son's bio daughter, but he has raised her as his own.)

Last night, son sent me a thank-you text, saying I've been his "rock" and helped him find purpose and set some goals. Thank you, God.... but dear son, keep going, and don't fall down that deep, dark hole again.

Cowboy's face looks bad. We cleaned it up a little better last night, and I put new steri-strips on the wounds. Cut his hair. But, whoa, his poor, sweet face.

Now I have the fun part of paperwork and more paperwork for the company and for WCB.

It's pouring rain today. We're going to get salt (for cattle), since we can't ID calves in the rain.

~Ann~

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2016 :  1:48:04 PM  Show Profile
Maybe the police should have taken dil's child away. If the woman is displaying that much anger, it is bad for a child to see it.
I was offered the position in the storeroom that I had applied for before the surgery....they said they are willing to make accommodations for me. I will have the same boss, but I think she will probably leave me alone now. My dr. thinks it's for the best, as he said I would have a very difficult time learning a new job with a new company. They rehired someone who worked in the storeroom years ago and she and I have always gotten along pretty good. If it takes me longer to learn the computer stuff than most people, they said that's OK. Finally light at the end of the tunnel. Just don't understand why they put me through so much crap.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2016 :  2:02:51 PM  Show Profile
They put you through so much crap Cindy, because they can. I also believe that they were hoping you would go away. From here on out, I would advise you to interact with your coworkers as little as possible. Don't even have lunch with them. Do not let them get you into a conversation about anything personal. Save all that for your true friends.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2016 :  06:09:06 AM  Show Profile
Cindy, glad to hear you will at least have a job again. Take it slow and ease into the job and the coworkers. Hopefully the boss will leave you alone and quit picking on anyone. Maybe she will leave sometime soon. Good luck and remember, we are here for you.

12 more days til we leave for Michigan. I am really not enthused, but Bob wanted to go back again this year. His family(except his kids) finally got ahold of us and now know we are going up there and the dates we will be there, so we will see what happens from there. We do not expect a big welcoming committee, that is for sure. I have not driven since we left there almost 2 years ago, so when we do get there, I can again drive and learn the new car, maybe help drive on the way back here. Then I should not be too leary to drive once we are back here. We do have a lot of traffic, but I need to et used to it.

We had a good rain last night, so it is pretty wet out right now, too wet to mow (again). Too hot to do it in the afternoon.

Marilyn, that is nice that you are able to get out in the boat on the weekend and have nice weather to do it. Summers are too short not to be able to enjoy as much as possible. Sounds like you have a wonderful garden. You need to take some pictures for us to see. We all love pictures.

Well, time to get the day going here. Have great day everyone, and stay out of trouble!!!!! Ha Ha Ha!!!!

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2016 :  07:11:29 AM  Show Profile
Jan -- I don't know what is going on with the interaction between my phone and this computer -- I used to be able to send pix from my phone to the computer and then upload them here, but that doesn't work anymore!! Maybe I should try sending them from the iPad??? We will see. I know -- I love seeing everyone's pictures, too.

Cindy!!! Hooray for you!!! I am so glad that you will be going back to work -- I know that's what you have wanted and needed. Glad your doctor is onboard, too.

This morning has been ugly around here -- Dude is in a mood (a Dude mood?) and is fussing and fuming about every little thing -- just barking. Things are busy, for sure, but I think the real problem is that a wandering cat seems to have gotten into our swallows and killed all the baby birds that were almost ready to fly. We have been enjoying watching the momma and daddy bird flying back and forth feeding the babies, and listening to the babies getting louder and stronger. Last night when I got home, I walked out to the garden to check on the zucchinis and there was this smallish striped cat sunning itself on the picnic table just next to the swallows' house. I didn't think much about it -- just figured it belonged to a neighbor or something. I spoke to it politely and went on my way. After a bit, Kat showed up on the porch and walked around and between our legs, trying to make friends. We were both careful not to pet it or encourage it to stay, because we don't want a cat. I like them fine -- just don't want one. We grilled salmon and ate our dinner outside as usual, and the silly thing didn't even try to steal food, so we knew it wasn't starving. It just laid down a few feet away from the table and went to sleep. We figured that if we just made sure not to feed it or pet it, it would go ahead on its way or go back home.

So this morning, we find the front pulled down from the birdhouse and the nest pulled halfway out -- Momma and Poppa bird sitting on top of the flag pole staring down at their poor ruined nest. Dude kept saying "YOUR cat killed the baby swallows, just like I said it would!" The history here is that his ex has to have a house FULL of animals at all times and doesn't clean up after them tremendously carefully, so there's always cat hair and dog hair and whatever else goes with it -- all over the floors and in the food and on their clothes, etc. She spends hundreds and hundreds of dollars on her animals and is always taking in strays. They had cats when the girls were little and they always clawed on the woodwork and she let them do so....so there's a whole big long history of housepet conflict there -- but that's not my circus. I was broken-hearted watching those poor swallows trying to figure out what to do with themselves, but A) NOT my cat and B) If you want to be technical, Mr. Dude -- they weren't really OUR swallows either! I love animals. I tend to ascribe too many human characteristics to them sometimes, as we all do (Thank you, Walt Disney), but sometimes Mom Nature works things out her own way, and we don't have much to say about it. If every little baby bird hatched out and grew to adulthood, we would all be knee-deep in bird doody!!! It's all part of the great circle of life.

So there's my rant for today. I guess finding the babies gone set us both up for a sad morning, but if he says YOUR cat one more time.......to the MOON, Dude -- to the MOON!

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page