Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - May 11 2016 :  06:11:06 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, all. Back to my dust-filled house, so I would actually rather be here at work today. Plenty to catch up on to keep me busy today. Daddy is improving in their new place -- plenty of good food and more rest, since he doesn't have to watch Mother 24/7. She is as hateful and spiteful and complaining as ever. The staff in their new home is/are? lovely and caring. I will share more later, but now ----- WORK!

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 11 2016 :  5:41:29 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I think you should be on workman's comp. It is something that should be available to you. Money is taken out of your paycheck each week to cover the expense of it. The employer does not cover the burden alone. You pay into the fund. Call the HR people and get the system started working for you. Ask for the form to send to your doctor. This injury should not be causing you so much emotional distress. You should use the energy to heal not to worry. hugs to you. C is a worker's comp claim person for the state of Vermont. She could answer questions if the HR people will not treat you fairly. Cindy

I am glad you got help from a lawyer. Ann. Tell your brother to go suck eggs. Maybe he would like the added work of all the paperwork. I bet not.
I hope the air has cooled down. I really hope that it rains A LOT soon for you.

Glad you are back, Marilyn and are reassured that your Dad is doing as well as he can.

Temperatures were in the sixties today. Sunny the whole day. DsC, FdB and I worked outside this morning cutting slab wood and putting it on the trailer to bring up to the house. We had logs milled several years ago and this is the left overs. It is good kindling and good for boiling sap. I am trying to clean up the yard some.

The piglets arrived tonight. I will try to take some pictures in the next few days.

A while ago someone mentioned AI fees for a race horse. i think the way it works is the breeder buys the seamen and when the mare is pregnant then is is a done deal.=. I think it is more than a one shot effort . The studs do not have a good time with the mares because they might hurt themselves or the mare. Up in Shelburne, VT there is a morgan horse farm. They have a padded wooden frame they have the stallions mount to collect their seamen. Is that how it is spelled?

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - May 11 2016 :  7:12:07 PM  Show Profile
It's spelled semen. Seamen are also known as sailors.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.

Edited by - churunga on May 11 2016 7:12:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - May 12 2016 :  12:15:07 AM  Show Profile
I'm pretty sure with Thoroughbreds, the breeding has to be done the old-fashioned way. with Standardbreds they allow AI. I don't know about other breeds. I know the mares are hobbled and it is carefully supervised. It stormed here tonight and I just got my internet back. so I'm off to check my other websites. I can't wait to see pictures of the little piggly-wrigglies.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog on Tumblr: eclecticstarlightcollectorbluff
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - May 12 2016 :  06:26:11 AM  Show Profile
Since I was out of the loop for a few days, I am hoping that everyone up Ann's way is A-Okay. I don't think we had the TV on once at my brother's place, so I didn't see any news. My folks have a TV in their little studio apartment, but Daddy keeps the sound off because he's pretty deaf and Mother just talks over it anyway. She is convinced that A) The only two channels they get are Golf and Baseball, and B) "They" have cut the sound off on their cable. Sigh. But Daddy doesn't disabuse her of those thoughts, because it makes life easier for him! He really does seem to be bouncing back a little in their new place -- he is getting 3 good meals a day and snacks in between, besides the relief of not having to watch Mother every single second. If he dozes off in his chair, she gets up and makes noise until he wakes up. I told her that maybe she could go down to the common room sometimes and watch the TV down there (It has The Waltons) and that way Daddy could get a little more rest. Talk to a wall.

I had lovely 757s for my Philly-Salt Lake flights, and they had TV screens in the seatbacks, so I binge-watched Downton Abbey all the way back home! I got 4 episodes in! I told the flight attendant THAT was the way to run an airline! ha ha All my flights were either on time or a little early arriving, and no bad travel stories to tell. But I am still awfully glad to be back home.

The floor refinishers are working at the house. They got the first coat of the finish on yesterday and the floors are gorgeous! Another coat today and the last on Friday and then in 48 hours we can start to put the furniture back. Then they will come back toward the end of the month and do the second "half" of the house the same way. Not looking forward to that, but it really does seem to be the last step in this long, long process.

Speaking of long processes....after spending time with my brother talking about all the paperwork involved in getting the elders into their final home, I decided that I don't care what hoops there are to jump through -- I told my ex that it is time for us to convert our legal separation into an actual divorce. It's been almost 6 years, and the health insurance issue can be ironed out. He called me last night and said that he thinks it's a good idea, too. He is concerned about my health insurance, but we will work something out. It's just time and I don't like having it hanging loose out there. The way the attorney explained it to us, there's really not much more than some court fee to file papers to convert the existing agreement to a divorce. So I feel good about that. It's way past time.

I got most of my to-do drawer caught up yesterday -- just have the operating account bank statement saved for today. I actually enjoy doing that one, so that's kind of a treat -- like working a puzzle. Mechanic is off all week putting a new floor in at home, and Dude has gone to the periodontist and then the bid sale this morning. The painter is out in the garage, but I can hardly tell he's here -- it ought to be nice and quiet today. I brought my knitting.

Have a thoroughly thrilling Thursday, all.

My new philosophy -- Cultivate Kindness

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - May 12 2016 :  09:03:06 AM  Show Profile
Well, our "new and improved" Cloud hosting for our dealership management software is YUCKY! I have been working away at the bank statement and find that the server is down -- as in "go take an old cold tater and wait!" We pay more per month for this wonderful new service and so far I have not been impressed. Maybe I will go outside and weed the planter box under the big sign and get it ready for new flowers.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

bramblerose
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Canada
77 Posts

Posted - May 12 2016 :  11:05:00 AM  Show Profile
I've been working on a photo album, to submit to one of those places that prints it all nice and put together for you. It includes some of my grandmother's poems and all the pictures of her siblings and her in their youth. Plus old photos of the old homestead, which has been in the family since 1912, and I have cousins living there still. Most of the photos I'm using were sent to Norway in the 1920's, with nice chatty script on the backs, penned by my great-grandmother. When my Norwegian cousins found the pictures in 1971, in my Great Great Aunt Kristine's bureau, they didn't know who the folks in the pictures were, nor could they read English well enough to understand all the script my Great Grandmother had penned.

And Dear Great Great Aunt Kristine, God rest her, failed to tell any of her descendants that TWO of her brothers (one became my Great Grandfather) had immigrated to Canada in the early 1900's. So the cousins were very, very shocked when we started showing up fifteen years ago. They thought they were the last of the family. (Of Kristine's other siblings, one died, at least one was in an asylum, and others were childless. All younger than Kristine, so weren't aware they had two older brothers.)

My cousins made high quality colour photocopies of all said photos, including the script on the backs, for me, so I am making this photo/poem book to include all the photos, the scripts, and my grandmother's poems.

I think I may have become addicted to this. I have great plans to make other albums of our vacations.... the childhood photos of me and my siblings... Honestly, I have done NOTHING ELSE for three days.

I'll take this album to our family reunion this summer... we have a silent auction to raise funds, for the hall rental, tables rental, portapotties, etc. And I'll take orders if anyone else wants one.

Now I should get off the computer. Sort supper. Plant some more flowers. Have another cup of tea.

Have a good day...

~Ann~

My life on the ranch ... http://a-thousandhills.blogspot.com

Edited by - bramblerose on May 12 2016 11:06:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 12 2016 :  4:47:57 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I would very much like photos of my ancestors but it is not going to happen. oh well. I am glad you are enjoying the process and the results.

Today was in the high 70's F and a cloudless sky. The children were away so I had a child free day. DsG and DsR were at school and dsC was at Earthwalk. it is an outdoor program all day and all of the school year. He came home covered in mud and very happy. They were learning about camoflage. (can't spell this word either)_ We carpool with two other families of little girls and they were covered and happy as well.
I moved some kindling wood to the storage area for the sugaring operation. I planted flowers in the window boxes and porch planters. They are bright and cheery. I made cookies. I thought there would be enough for school snacks tomorrow but I think the littles took two dozen cookies with them to the baseball game tonight. DsC and dsG are playing little league. They are very excited to be playing.

Glad to hear the house is taking shape and the whole process will be over soon.

Sweet dreams

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - May 13 2016 :  05:49:54 AM  Show Profile
I felt kind of weird and spacey yesterday morning and then most of the day -- kind of like I was not all here -- sort of floaty and just odd. Well now I know why. I am sick. Go figure. I woke up this morning with my throat closed up -- it's not sore, but just tight and I am pretty croaky.

My philosophy of being sick is to go to bed and sleep as much as possible, and drink liquids frequently, and then the bug will work its way through quicker. However, with the floor guys planning to be there this afternoon, I would be uncomfortable conked out downstairs in the guest room, so coming on in to work was my fall-back. I am starting to feel achy in my arms and I did NOT go for my walk this morning, but that's mostly because we are having a steady mist and I didn't want to be soaked to the skin first thing in the morning and have to sit here at my desk soggy all day! ha ha

Dude has gone out to get a car inspected and has promised to bring me back a Coke to scald my throat out -- let's see if he remembers.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - May 13 2016 :  07:27:31 AM  Show Profile
Ahhhhhh.... delightful bubbles unclogging my poor clogged throat pipe!

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - May 13 2016 :  10:07:47 AM  Show Profile
So ... I have a yucky upper respiratory thing going on here. Which means that I am coughing and sneezing and about half sick to my stomach. ACTUAL conversation between Dude and M:

D - I am going to B*** Pizza for lunch. What would you like me to bring back for you?
M - A slice of their veggie pizza would be good. Thank you.
D - How about some chicken cacciatore?
M - No, thank you. I would like a slice of their veggie pizza.
D - They have lots of good stuff.
M - (Growing completely exasperated) Why don't you just bring me what you THINK I should like.
D - Sounds to me like you want tacos.

No kidding, ladies...the man brought me a taco salad. A really lousy taco salad -- half a head of iceberg with some half-cooked ground beef and a little salsa on it. I ate 3 bites, handed him the box back and got a protein shake out of the fridge for my lunch. I am astonished.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - May 13 2016 :  2:03:56 PM  Show Profile
Next time ask for a crown rib roast, roasted herbed baby potatoes, steamed julienned green and wax beans with cardamom and lemon, fresh artisan green salad with balsamic vinegar dressing and baked Alaska for dessert. (I was just thinking of all the most expensive and difficult to make dishes I know of.) When I cannot go to the grocery store with Lowell, I write a detailed list including the brand names. He never notices what I get myself. Sounds as if Dude needs more training.

The temperatures have been cold here - 40's and 50's - and a frost warning tonight. GAH! I hate this. It might be warm enough to finish planting the garden. Now that I have the windows opened, I cannot get them closed. The one in the bedroom is stuck wide open and it is so cold in there. At least it is good for snuggling.

Nothing else much going on. I have to get this computer looked at. It is becoming not a lot of fun to use because of the slow processing of data and the frequent crashes.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 13 2016 :  4:11:39 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Bummer of a lunch for you, Marilyn. I hope you feel better soon. Maybe the weather will be nasty outside so you will not feel bad about missing the time outdoors. What was the Dude thinking? Maybe he was channeling someone else when he could not hear you.

The weather guessers are guessing snow for Sunday. We missed the last snow that was supposed to come through. Maybe the rain will just continue.

I am having some blankets on the clothes line be rain water fresh. I had no motivation to run out and bring them into the house when it started to rain. I kept hoping the rain would pass and we would get a good stiff wind for an hour or so to dry them. No such luck.

The dandelions have started to bloom in the last couple of days. DsC wanted to have dandelion fritters for summer but we decided there are just not enough big ones out yet. He thinks maybe in two days he will try again.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 14 2016 :  4:47:07 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone including the lurkers.

We had a wonderfully lovely day here in the Green Mountains. In the morning I took my tractor down to the neighbors to help them load the old wood stove and a washing machine onto their truck to take to a metal recycler. It is so much easier on the old muscles with a tractor although the neighbors are measurably younger than me.

Then I took loads of rotting wood from the side of the yard up to the huglecultur bed. That project is taking a long time to do but, I am getting the yard picked up. It is amazing to me how much old wood we have laying around.

I took the littles to the river behind the school to play and wade. They had a good time. The water is cold enough to freeze your feet in a nanosecond but the boys did not seem to mind at all.

We had Chinese for supper. A treat. no cooking and minimal cleanup.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - May 14 2016 :  8:55:03 PM  Show Profile
I have been having internet issues all day. Just got back online. Something is wrong with my router so i don't currently have wireless. Spent about two hours on the phone, first with Charter, who told me it was my computer, then Netgear, who told me it the modem. So I slept for several hours to chill. Called charter again, and now I have internet. I hate that router. have had nothing but problems with it.
I took Jaxon to TSC for his heartworm test. he gets so excited, especially when he sees other dogs. Won't stand still. He just wiggles so hard you can't hold him. Won't get the results for several days. It's been since february when he last had his medicine.I had to buy a year's supply of sentinel so now at least i have his medicine. Can't give him a pill till i'm sure he's free of heartworms. It's only been three months, but all it takes is one bite from an infected mosquito. Haven't seen too many of the little buggers so far.
I am going to making essene (sp.) bread. it is made from sprouted wheat berries. It takes a couple days for them to sprout. it's the healthiest bread you can make, has no yeast, no flour, just sprouted grain goodness. I had a dream this afternoon when I napped and there was a new person at work, a vegetarian. he and i shared recipes and philosophies. I think he worked in the kitchen. Just the kind of person we need, but will never have.
Marilyn--did the Dude really think taco salad would help your throat? I hope you recover quickly. I hate feeling that way. You probably caught something from your flight. Cabin air can make you sick. Eat honey.
Holly--I don't have a tractor but there are lots of sticks/branches in my yard right now. that storm came through last saturday and blew lots of branches down. I picked up all the branches that were in my neighbor's yard as well cause they came from my trees and she's 83 years old. I mowed yesterday before it rained so at least that got done. Now my shoulder hurts.
It was cool today and windy but it felt good. A blue sky with lots of blowing white clouds. Still waiting for my coneflowers and Asiatic lilies to bloom. need to pot some basil indoor for my kitchen. I've lost inches around my waist. Not so much muffin top anymore. My clothes are fitting better. Need to wash clothes tonight so I'll be up late.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 16 2016 :  03:49:33 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone,

The children put the cows in the same stall last night so there is no milking this morning. Ida Mae has a voracious appetite in the morning. So, I have a little time.

We went to see Judy Collins in concert last night. She was wonderful. She sang and played and told stories. We should all be a s good as her when we are 77.

It snowed last night. There are clumps of it on the high patches of grass in the fields.

Good luck with the computer access. When we have had too much precipitation our phone line gets too much white noise and the DSL goes on the fritz. Old lines in a new age. I hope someone takes responsibility for the problem and fixes it for you.

You are weeks ahead of us in the flower emerging chronology. Our dandelions are just out these last few days. The coneflowers are just leaves on the ground.

I hope Jaxon's test comes back clear.

Glad you are feeling better about your self.

hugs

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - May 18 2016 :  10:00:55 AM  Show Profile
I can't believe Judy Collins is 77. The old days don't seem that long ago. I got a new modem, a new router, and I now have internet but I can't get my computer's wireless capability to turn on. I'm thinking they all got hit by a power surge. Will take my laptop to the computer experts when I have some $$$. The modem was free and the router was $10.00. Jaxon's tests came back negative. so he is all set for another year. It is sunny today after two days of rain. Will put some of my pepper plants in pots later today. I have a PT session in about an hour. Seems like my shoulder hurts more when it rains.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

bramblerose
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Canada
77 Posts

Posted - May 18 2016 :  11:32:20 AM  Show Profile
Please send rainy/cool thoughts back to Fort McMurray!

A 600-building man camp was wiped out just north of Fort McMurray. An explosion burned down another 10 homes in the city itself. Maybe natural gas or propane? They are still working on getting the infrastructure up and running (gas, water, electricity), so people can start returning, but fire is still an issue. The MAIN fire is still burning out of control, 500 000 acres, but for the MOST part, it's heading east toward uninhabited country.

North of us, people are back on evacuation alert, some on evacuation orders. And another community south east of us was evacuated yesterday.

We need RAIN so badly. And for the wind to stop.

So the cowboy and I had a little chat about me taking up riding again. I had a little incident with a horse five years ago, which resulted in a concussion and major torn muscle. I am scared spitless to get back on a horse. I would like lessons to get me to the stage of a nice trail ride with the cowboy, even I if I never go back to working cattle. So... we'll see. We've talked about having lessons before, but he is OLD SCHOOL. Get up there and keep a leg on each side. Easy. For him.

Not for me. Not when you've had a wreck. Not when you're 58 years old.

He's not terribly patient if a person has "no try." And he generally blames the rider, not the horse, for mishaps. I told him so, that I feel defeated by him before I ever set foot in the barn.

So.... anyway.... maybe...

Back in the day, I had my own horse. Broke him to ride. He never bucked me off. But it's different when you're a kid.

Cindy... glad you're feeling better and hoping for positive progress with your shoulder.

~Ann~

My life on the ranch ... http://a-thousandhills.blogspot.com

Edited by - bramblerose on May 18 2016 11:34:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 18 2016 :  7:44:47 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I drove and hour north this evening to pick up two packages of bees. They are in the garden now on top of the hives they will inhabit. Tomorrow I will put the five frames of bees from each package in their new hives.

Cindy I am glad you are making progress in accessing the internet. Sorry your shoulder hurts. I guess you now have a weather barometer on you body. Mine is my knee. I had the cartilage removed when I was seventeen. I really do quite well for having it not there for so long but on occasion I can tell when we are in for a nasty blow.

I have been wishing for some of our rain to go up north to you, Ann. I know the jet stream flows from you to us but I still think about you getting some moisture. We have been told that on cloudless days the blue will be hazy because of the smoke from the Alberta fires.
Falling is scary. Scarier as we get older. I hope you can find a way to make peace with riding again. I think there will always be the underlying fear but maybe it will not be so overwhelming as time goes on. I have ridden but am in no way an accomplished rider. Strength to you in this recovery and PTSD.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - May 18 2016 :  9:20:12 PM  Show Profile
I talked to a couple of my friends at work after PT--here's what I found out: my supervisor has told some of my co-workers that she is not hiring me back. How professional of her, huh? Telling them something that is not their business, that she hasn't even told me. So here's how it stands: she had told me repeatedly that I couldn't come back to work if there were any restrictions. I got cleared by two different doctors to return to work, no restrictions. She, without any medical knowledge whatsoever, decides that I can't work and tells HR to contact one of the doctors and have them put a restriction on me. That way, I can't come back. That forces me to go beyond the limit of my FMLA time off. Kinda sounds like she planned it all along. Oh, and the person they hired to replace me, who has been working these past few months, just put in her two weeks notice. One girl in my dept. has quit, and another is leaving. We are a small department. Doesn't something smell bad in Denmark? I think I will call my lawyer tomorrow. I have witnesses. I don't know if they will offer me a job in another dept. I have an extremely difficult time learning a new job, it took me years to learn the two jobs i've worked at the hospital. I can't remember what people tell me when I'm learning something new. I don't even watch TV because it's hard for me to follow the dialogue. Now, if I can see everything written down, my brain remembers it. I've always had a hard time following conversations among people. It's almost like I don;t hear all the words, or I don't hear them correctly, and I get confused. Very confused. I think it's just the nature of my disability. I can be a very good writer, but I'm a terrible public speaker. I can handle a one on one conversation, but that's about it. Maybe that's why I've always talked to animals. I even talk to the trees, and the clouds...and there are no words to listen to in reply that confuse me. People never say what they mean anyway.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 19 2016 :  6:11:53 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Cindy I am sorry your boss has Peter Principles herself into a position of authority for which she is not qualified. I hope your lawyer can dig into it and the witnesses do not renege. You do not need this heartache.
You may have a language deficit disorder in the receptive areas. They test for it now but not when we were young. We were just not paying attention. There are ways to work around it as you have found if the people you are with are sensitive. I hope your lawyer can nail her to the outhouse door.

This is a nuc. I think there are more than 20,000 bees in it.

putting the frames into the hive body.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - May 21 2016 :  10:44:14 AM  Show Profile
Wow! Where is everyone???

Holly...it is neat that you have your own bee hive. Bees creep me out. But I certainly do enjoy the fruits of their labor though. I use a lot of honey....raw local for me.

Marie...congrats on the new job....am sure you will do it well. Some lucky kids. Did you find your baby a new home? Sorry you had to lose him.

Glad your Dad is getting some relief, Marilyn. And shame on the Dude for not getting the lunch you wanted. Some men just don't think sometimes.:(

Ya'll have a great weekend!!

My best to all,
Mel
Farmgirl #1463
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Goddesses of the Iris
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - May 21 2016 :  9:34:08 PM  Show Profile
I am in Fergus Falls. I couldn't get out of it this time. We took our car and Lowell's brother drove up in his car. We went out to a Chinese buffet with one of Lowell's cousins and his wife. I should not have eaten the pudding with Diet Coke. Tomorrow, Dad and the boys will discuss the trust.

I have almost finished planting the garden. I have planted 5 kinds of greens including arugula and dinosaur kale, zucchini, cucumber, pole beans, broccoli, peach tomatoes and purple tomatoes. I still need to plant okra, some flowers and some herbs. I have someone the building who will help me weed. This will be a good year.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - May 22 2016 :  3:01:47 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like you will have a great garden, Marie. What is the growing season like there?
I think bees are fascinating--as long as I'm at a distance.
My mom wants to buy a house. Says she doesn't like living at the villa. It's because she can't get away from my dad. he is driving her crazy. I tried to tell her it won't be any different if she gets a house. same problem, more expense. Two of my brothers will be here next weekend. Hopefully they can reason with her. She has said he will probably be in a nursing home by the end of the year, but she refuses to check out any. I think it's a disaster waiting to happen. She's looked in the paper for houses listed for sale, then she marks them and asks me if I know where the streets are. She doesn't have a map and doesn't know where to get one. If she can't figure out how to buy a map, how in the world is she going to buy a house?! I looked up a couple locations on my phone but they weren't in good neighborhoods. She needs to make some hard decisions about my dad, and she won't. Besides. my brothers will not help her move again.
I applied to a special fund at work for employees who are having trouble paying their bills, due to sickness, injury, loss of a wage-earner, house burns down, etc. I've been contributing to it for years, all voluntarily. so they paid a few of my utility and medical bills. Maybe they plan to offer me a position in another dept. As for difficulty learning new jobs, I think it's due mainly to the way my medications fog up and slow down my brain. I'm basically taking four kinds of sedatives. I never had any problems learning when I was young-- I was the one the teachers would ask to teach my classmates. But if I don't take the meds., it's like my brain is on fire with racing thoughts and weird ideas. Then I start to hallucinate---and that can be deadly. I have "seen" demons and "heard" devils--even if they were imaginary, they were terrifying. I guess every cure comes with a price.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 23 2016 :  4:25:19 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

We had a lovely day here in the Green Mountains.

I wonder what has happened to Marilyn. I wonder if her Dad has taken a turn for the worse. I hope Marilyn and the Dude are alright.

Familial obligations are just that Marie. I hope you have made the best of it.

Cindy, Change does take some getting used too. I hope your mom finds some friends at her new living arrangement. I hope you can figure out you finances so you stay afloat. Anxiety about money s****.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page