churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - May 01 2016 :  8:39:00 PM  Show Profile
I took Latuda for a while. That drug removed my satiety and I felt a compulsion to eat. I gained 15 pounds in one week and took myself off of it. I looked it up and learned the awful truth about it and told the doctor I needed something else. I still have that extra weight. Hopefully this will not happen to you.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - May 02 2016 :  07:00:43 AM  Show Profile
Marie--my mind must be off. At first it looked like you had written:"That drug removed my sanity." Lol, I've had a few drugs that did that to me. Like Haldol. Horrible stuff. I haven't gained any weight but then, I've been eating less for the past several months and what I eat is primarily vegetarian. I usually don't feel hungry and sometimes have to eat just to keep my mind clear cause it gets foggy when I don't eat. I also mowed some of the yard yesterday evening before it got dark so I burned some calories. When I mow I have to stop after a while cause the vibrations make my arm sore. and it's my bicep that always hurts, not my shoulder. No pain at all where the stitches were. But my bicep is still swollen and still hurts. I have a PT appointment tomorrow so I'll ask them about that. That person on Facebook kept jabbing at me and insulting me and I finally told her she had assaulted my dignity enough and that I found her negative and I avoid negative people. I don't even know her. You try being kind to someone and they bite you. She hinted that she was possessed by an evil spirit--maybe she was telling the truth. They say, when someone tells you who they are, believe them. Except in cases where the person is mentally deranged or temporarily insane. Or in the case of politicians, lying. What am I saying? Priests lie, coaches lie, actors lie---it's hard to know who to believe anymore. That's why I trust dogs. They don't lie. In Dog we trust.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog on Tumblr: eclecticstarlightcollectorbluff
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 02 2016 :  5:15:28 PM  Show Profile
Go0d evening everyone,

We do not have heartworm here. People who take their dogs south for the winter have to deal with it. I guess our cold winters do not allow it to grow in the mosquitoes that transmit it. I am glad. When I was a child our dog got heartworm. She died but I think she was old at the time as well.

Have you seen the bumper sticker? Please help me to be the person my dog believes me to be.

It rained all day long today. We can use the moisture in the ground. Supposed to rain all week.

I have been watching a Netflix show called Grace and Frankie. It has Lily Tomlin and Jane Fonda, Martin Sheen and another man in it. It is pretty funny and some thinking as well.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - May 03 2016 :  05:54:52 AM  Show Profile
I love Grace and Frankie. What a great cast: Lily Tomlin, Jane Fonda, Martin Sheen and Sam Waterston. Older ladies having all kinds of fun. The premise is that the two guys had been law partners for many years and discovered that they loved each other. They divorced their wives and decided to live together. The story is mostly about how the ladies cope with it. The scene in which they tell the wives is absolutely hilarious.

My little guy Morgan was taken in by a rescue. He will have lots of friends to be around and lots of love from the humans. The director of the organization met us at a PetSmart and was so nice and kind that I felt better about giving him up. I know he will find a good home. I do miss him. Last night I cuddled with a stuffed animal because I wanted him by me. I am doing okay.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - May 03 2016 :  06:57:01 AM  Show Profile
Happy Rainy Tuesday, everyone. I feel lots of pressure this week -- so much to get done before I leave to see the folks on Thursday. Eye doctor today, dentist tomorrow...I want to leave the books all caught up, too. All pressure I put on myself, though. Had a very enjoyable "home" day yesterday. Still unpacking boxes and bins of fabric -- trying to get my sewing room put together. It is coming along, but there's still a long ways to go. I have had to throw a few things away that mice got into while they were in storage. Nothing earth-shattering, and it's always a good lesson. Things are just things.

Glad Morgan got a good placement. My daughter got her little Peanut from a rescue and they are just in love! Dude tells me that I rescued him! We looked at our building permit and see that we got it in July of 2014 -- so we will hopefully be completely DONE in the 2-year time frame that he anticipated. Some days it feels like it's been much, much longer!

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - May 03 2016 :  7:42:18 PM  Show Profile
I am glad the rescue group took in Morgan. she will find a good home. I have actually lost a couple pounds since I started taking the Latuda and I don't feel near as paranoid. Or rather, it just doesn't bother me if someone else looks at me funny or talks about me. I finally figured out the lady on Facebook was engaging in emotional reasoning, or something like that. she FELT that I was thinking evil thoughts about her, so she rationalized her feelings were true. I actually felt sorry for her, no ill will at all. I've done that before, I FEEL something is true, so obviously, it must be, except that it isn't. Except when it is, as in the times I've had premonitions. But those are entirely different and hard to describe. It's usually about people or things I have no emotional connection with. Which is good, cause I wouldn't want to have premonitions about people I know.
But I have been feeling tired and I hope that clears up soon. And I've had some muscle soreness. And my head feels like it's regaining an alertness that's been lacking for a long time. I go to occupational health tomorrow and if they clear me to return to work, I guess I'll find out if I still have a job. I know they gave my job to the new person who was filling in for me. So I don't know what to expect but that's OK.
Marilyn--please take time to breathe. Remember to be as good to yourself as you are to us. We will all be sending you good thoughts for your visit.
I can buy castille soap by the ounce at our co-op so I got some Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap today. I found out it's good for washing clothes. I think I will add some borax and washing soda for extra cleaning. Makes my clothes smell nice. I like homemade bar soap for my tub--currently oatmeal. And I use a homemade facial soap with activating charcoal to remove impurities. And I always have Ivory on hand cause it's mild. Now I need to find some homemade products that work on my hair. Which I've never been able to do so far. All the "natural" (like Burt's Bees) products that I've used have failed to tame my long lockes. Baking soda is too abrasive to use as a shampoo and apple cider vinegar leaves a smell--people have said, "What's that funny smell? It smells like vinegar." when I've used it. So I use the popular stuff that works. Have to compromise somewhere.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Go to Top of Page

bramblerose
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Canada
77 Posts

Posted - May 03 2016 :  8:30:12 PM  Show Profile
FIRE AGAIN!

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/edmonton/fort-mcmurray-evacuated-as-wildfire-destroys-homes-threatens-downtown-1.3563977

The cowboy's daughter, son in law, and two grands live in Fort McMurray. They are currently in a convoy of 1000's of evacuees, gridlocked going north to a oilsand work camp. Whole neighbourhoods are on fire, as well as the downton area.

We are frightened... and we have new fires north and south of us here.

~Ann~

My life on the ranch ... http://a-thousandhills.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - May 03 2016 :  8:42:18 PM  Show Profile
Holy CR*P! What a fire!

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - May 04 2016 :  06:46:27 AM  Show Profile
Oh Ann! I am hoping that you are all okay up there -- it looks scary. Please keep us informed if you can.

I am having my pre-travel anxiety today. Also scheduled a dental appointment for this afternoon -- very smart of me to just lump all my triggers together into one day! ha ha I keep thinking the upside is that I will be closer to having this tooth fixed (today they are doing the build-up for a crown and putting on the temporary) AND all that flying tomorrow means I will have several hours of uninterrupted knitting time -- woo hoo! Going to cast on a new pair of sox for His Dudeness tonight, so they will keep me busy. I will be absolutely fine once I get to the airport, honestly, it's just this day before thing. When the doctor wrote the diagnosis for my anxiety, he actually called it "anticipation anxiety." Doesn't matter if it's Christmas morning or the electric chair -- it's all anxiety to me. I hate it.

We got into town a little late this morning so I took a little shorter walk. It's still grey and threatens to rain, but I carried an umbrella with me, so it didn't. You're welcome. It's so pleasant to live in this small town -- I see people I know every morning, and I have coffee with a regular crowd from some of the businesses uptown. Has anyone heard of the "Outback Trading" company? They import some outdoor gear from Australia and they do a lot of western and riding wear. Well -- I had been buying outerwear from them for years at the western store out home. Imagine how surprised I was to move here to little old Oxford, PA and find that their company headquarters is right on the main street of town! They have a sort of outlet shop next to the offices, and I get to walk by their store every morning. Usually have coffee with some of the people who work in the office. You never know what's hiding in Tiny Town, USA.

Well, I should be getting all the loose ends I can tied up this morning. We have Rotary at noon and then the dentist at 2:00 -- he says an hour and a half today. I will be here tomorrow morning, as well -- my flight leaves at 4:20 in the afternoon, which I really like -- no early morning rush to get into Philly. I hate flying out early. I will fly to Salt Lake City and then a short little 45-minute hop up to Twin Falls. Should be in at around 11:00 tomorrow night. My big brother will come pick me up.

So I may not be able to post anything while I'm gone because I can't seem to log in from my iPad for some reason -- probably a password issue -- but I will be reading faithfully -- I want to make sure that everyone is okay.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - May 04 2016 :  07:46:20 AM  Show Profile
Ann--praying that your family members and all others are safe from the fire. It looks like it covers a huge area. I hope you get lots of rain and soon!
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - May 04 2016 :  08:45:23 AM  Show Profile
Ann - what a horrible tragedy. I am praying for the safety of your family and everyone in Fort McMurray and the surrounding area.

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #93
My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

My Etsy

www.etsy.com/shop/annapearlsattic

My Avon

www.youravon.com/sheronetaylor

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 04 2016 :  08:52:16 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone,

I would be terrified of the fire moving and so fast as well. I hope everyone gets to safety. I also hope that your area stays free of fire. I can not imagine having to manage so many cattle so early in the season to be safe from fire. or late in the season either. I am glad you posted about it because the USA is so insulated from any news anywhere that we would not have heard. I am not sure what we can do but hope.

Good luck on your flight to see parents. I hope they are kind to you. Take your brother a box of chocolates or something he likes.

Cindy it seems like you have a handle on your mind. I hope the rational can keep hold of the overwhelming. I am glad you are feeling better.

C has gone off this morning trying to set up people to help with her campaign for the Vermont House of Representatives. She has gone to contact some people in the next town north. Our district is a four town district. The town she is going to is the biggest one of the four. She is excited.

When dsC finishes his school work for the day we are going out to clean up the yard. This involves moving old logs and wood to the new pile. If we can do that much today it will be a bonus.

Have a good day.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - May 05 2016 :  07:05:43 AM  Show Profile
Oh dear Sisters! I slept all night last night -- absolutely all through the night straight through. I can't tell you the last time that happened. It was WONDERFUL!!! I had taken a Xanax yesterday because I am such a nervous nut about going to the dentist, so I'm sure that's why -- but when I woke up this morning I could NOT believe how long I had slept. Wonder what it's like to do that all the time!

There was an awful lot that we could have done around the house last night to get things ready for the floor refinishers, but I think His Dudeness took pity on me. He knows I get very anxious the day before I travel, so we just had a light dinner and watched some television. I got my little bag packed early and we were in bed by 8:30 or so.

I am trying like mad to get my desk as clean as possible before I leave at around 1 or 1:30. Not a lot sitting here, really, because I keep things pretty caught up. Poor Dude is walking around with a growl on his face -- besides me leaving, he has been having a lot of pain in his back which they think is his sciatic nerve. He has an appointment with his doctor in a couple of weeks. I hope they will pinpoint what the problem is so we can start working towards some relief. If he would take things a little easier, I am sure he would feel better, but talk to a wall.

Ann -- We have been seeing that dreadful fire on the news even down here -- I think of you and your family every time I see it. I hope you are all okay and that the fires will be out soon.

My new temporary crown is wonderful -- it's nice not having the broken tooth sitting there. I really really like my new dentist and his staff. I am trying to work on not being anxious before every appointment -- lots of self-talk about the fact that it never hurts (except in the pocketbook!) and that I enjoy having my teeth healthier. But talk to a wall! ha ha ha

So Happy Cinco de Mayo, everyone. I will be checking in when I can

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - May 05 2016 :  10:50:23 AM  Show Profile
About time to leave for the airport. I have cast on a pair of sox for his Dudeness, so I have something new to knit while I fly, which is a must. Plenty of music on my phone and movies on my iPad. Take care and I will check in while I am gone. How weird -- I feel like I will miss you all so much!!!

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 05 2016 :  5:54:56 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

We heard about the fires on NPR's BBC news and world report. So many people who will be homeless. I wonder if this is considered an act of God. I hope the Cowboy's daughter and family are alright. I hope the fires near you are far away.

I guess by the time your read this, Marilyn, you will be in the air. or maybe have landed. It is nice to sleep through the night. That has only happened to me in the last couple of months since I began menopause. Before that if I was horizontal I was out like a light. Menopause is a life changing experience. There is a woman in my Tai Chi class who went to a sleep clinic because she had not slept more than four hours in a night for the last 18 years. She had hope the program they were recommending would work for her.

The Dude must have a drawer full of beautiful sox by now. I hope he misses you a lot.

We worked outside today cleaning up the back yard. The black flies are out. Not in full force yet but enough to be annoying.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 06 2016 :  4:12:19 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Today was a divinely gorgeous day here in the Green Mountains. Temperatures were in the sixties F the sky was a cloudless blue until suppertime. The black flies are voracious.

We moved manure our of the cows stall until I was too tired. More another time. I raked the back yard. I have not paid it any mind in several years except to brush hog it. Maybe this year I will get a lawn mower and trim down what the cow does not eat. Maybe look like I care about the back lawn. There is still a lot of that to do as well.

Had a nice nap. We had lasagna that we had put by last summer with spinach from that garden for supper . It was a nice easy meal.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - May 06 2016 :  4:21:06 PM  Show Profile
Saw my dr. today. He said my shoulder is freezing up. This despite weeks of therapy and home exercises. So now I need 4 more weeks of therapy 3 times a week. I am ready to scream.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - May 06 2016 :  5:26:10 PM  Show Profile
I have been offered the part time literacy tutor position. I haven't gotten any details yet. I am so happy. I may start making some tentative plans for the money.

I have had to get help with the garden. I worked on it for about an hour yesterday and had to rest frequently. One of the young neighbor guys broke up the soil and removed some of the larger weeds. This will allow me to plant and sow this weekend. My hips are very sore after standing and bending for a while. I think I will start a kneel and crawl posture while gardening. A little at a time.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - May 06 2016 :  6:05:35 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations, Marie!!!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 07 2016 :  4:41:11 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I like the bum slide method of moving about the garden. Sometimes the kneel and crawl method but that makes my knees hurt.

Congratulations on the tutoring job. You are so good at teaching the children.

Today was overcast and warm with a breeze. Most of the time I could not decide whether to have my sweatshirt on or off. Worked on cleaning up the back yard. In the afternoon I finished the strawberry tower. It is the one I buile several years ago. I moved it to another spot further away from the chickens so maybe I will get to have some this year. I could not decide if it was the chickens or the little boys who ate them last year.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - May 08 2016 :  7:57:26 PM  Show Profile
We had quite a storm yesterday. Wish I could send some of that rain to Canada. I put five of my tomato plants in pots today, then ran out of potting soil. I suspect little boys ate the strawberries. I made a tamale pie and took it over to my parents today for lunch. They liked it, my dad ate more than usual. Everything my mom makes comes out of a box so I think they appreciate real food. My dad is constantly "losing" things. He'll pick something up and forget where he put it. then my mom can't find it. It usually appears about three days later. I have been "losing" things, too. Drives me nuts. I did some yoga exercises last night and my arm feels better. Feels looser. Now I need to regain my strength in it. Marie, hope the job goes well for you. I hear a frog outside, since it just rained a while ago.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

bramblerose
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Canada
77 Posts

Posted - May 09 2016 :  08:24:48 AM  Show Profile
We had SNOW yesterday, which turned to a good soaking rain. It has slowed down the fires, but they are still growing. They are starting to show neighbourhoods in Fort McMurray. Whole streets of houses, burned to the ground.

We need MORE rain.

Estate Matters... I am up to "need to talk to a lawyer so I can continue." I can get a 30 minute consultation for $25, to answer a few questions, then I can move on to the last and lengthiest phase, getting letters probate. I couldn't start before now, because other required papers were taking their sweet time. I bought a probate kit, and since mom's estate is simple and small, I'm pretty sure I can manage this. I received an apology of sorts from my sister, which was mostly her saying she hopes she isn't pressuring me. I reassured her that these things take time, that I'm working as steadily as I can.

In the meantime, sorting papers and pictures. Found old cards, valentines, letters. I was awash in tears of nostalgia and sorrow for a couple of days. I have several more boxes to sort through, but it's mostly utility bills, bank statements, cancelled cheques, and taxes back to at least 1970's. Maybe even further, since that's only what's on top in the boxes! I found mom and dad's will from 1967. There is a new will, but interesting to read and I'll keep the 50 year old will. I found birth announcements of my siblings and cousins and those lovely old Christmas cards from the 1960's, many from people long gone, others, never used. Memories!

Laundry today... It's sunny and bright. Making turkey / gravy in the crockpot, using the last of the Christmas turkey. We always cook a big turkey, whether anyone is here or not, and freeze whatever we don't eat after a couple of days. Actually, we do this several times a year, so maybe this is the Easter turkey?

Tamale pie... I wish the cowboy would eat that...

~Ann~

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - May 09 2016 :  5:15:48 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

We had rain all day yesterday. I was hoping you would get some, Ann. I will continue to send wet thoughts for your area out to the Universe. Today was mostly sunny. Temperatures were in the fifties with a stiff breeze so i put on my flannel lined Carhartt's again to keep out the chill.

We have some wind blown trees that I am trying to pull out to cut for fire wood. They are in an area in which the ground is very uneven. I had some logging done three winters ago and the ground is littered with branches so that hinders accessing the area as well. But, I figure the wind blown trees are a gift and we should not squander the gifts.

Shoulders are complicated joints. I am glad you are healing. An in real life friend had hers done a year or so ago and the doctor told her 6 months to heal.

We had bacon, sausage and eggs for supper. I forgot to take anything out and this was easy. We have seven dozen eggs on the counter. The girls are doing their job well so we are fortunate to have them. Maybe I will make some egg salad soon.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - May 09 2016 :  10:33:24 PM  Show Profile
It is an extreme financial hardship being off work. I am getting half my normal wages, which puts me well below poverty level. I am struggling to pay bills and my account is overdrawn. I am seriously considering filing for Worker's Comp. Need to talk to my lawyer about it. Employers don't like to pay it cause it costs them more. But it was all the lifting and pushing and pulling heavy carts that led to all this, so they should pay for it. And my dr. originally said I would be back at work by now. My nerves are frazzled and I dont know how much longer I can hold up. Plus it keeps raining and my soul feels sodden. I feel like I'm in an emotional swamp. Not a happy place, but it could be worse.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

bramblerose
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Canada
77 Posts

Posted - May 10 2016 :  07:54:37 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Cindy. My thoughts are with you, having been in an emotional swamp myself. (And I love your analogy, even though I don't love that you're in that place.) Reminds me of the Slough of Despond. When I was in the Slough of Despond, it was during the Winter of Discontent, so it was frigid and icy.

Sunny, sunny... and fires still raging.

I had a chat with a lawyer, for $0, as it turned out, for the service wasn't what it said it was, but the lawyer talked to me anyway, and gave me a direction to go. So researching that today.

Had a chat with Brother, as well. He told me there's a specific lawyer HE can retain, if he doesn't agree with my distribution of funds. Mmmm.... what did that mean? Was he just making conversation? Or being a PITA?

Paperwork for the cowboy today, couple loads of laundry. Hopefully, I'll get out in the yard with bedding plants today.

~Ann~

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page