Author Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic
Page: of 408

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2016 :  7:49:27 PM  Show Profile
I also missed everything. Not sure what happened. I feel sad when people leave.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6447 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6447 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2016 :  8:57:51 PM  Show Profile
I am very confused and feel I have missed something and sad by it all.

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

"You must do the thing you think you can not do." Eleanor Roosevelt

Women are Angels,and when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We're flexible like that.

www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
www.Amazon.com/Blessed in Colorado
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2016 :  07:02:22 AM  Show Profile
Oh dear oh dear oh dear! I go away for one day and I have missed something that was obviously important. I hope everyone can get back together, because I really enjoy this group of people - all the different personalities and spirits.

Betty - I hope you give him what for! What a rude trick. Hopefully he was just being thoughtless, but I have been there and it is an awful feeling, no matter who does it to you. Did you tell him how you felt, or were you too upset to say anything?

I am on my iPad. I am still trying to get my laptop all situated so I can do my class from home or from the office. I tried to log on to MJF and see that I don't have the right password here to log in from the laptop. Hopefully I have it written down at the office. Geez. I wish we didn't have to have passwords for EVERYTHING!
Daughter and I are planning a good long walk for today. I should go get a shower. Please be friends.

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2016 :  09:30:32 AM  Show Profile
I'm afraid I missed it too. G is completely gone from MJF. Her profile and email are gone. Marie's is still there. I imagine she will be back.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2016 :  09:35:21 AM  Show Profile
Good afternoon,

I hate those kind of events where I am taken and then left out while C chatters away. I have told her so and she tries to be better. It has happened in a small dinner party as well. I am starting to take a book and curl up in an out of the way place and read. I am trying not to worry that I look like a rude guest.

However, being taken to a family event and then abandoned not knowing anyone is insensitive and rude on the part of the member.

I would like to address and issue we have talked about on occasion and it is that as women we are expected and have taken it into our personalities that we are responsible for every thing . We aren't. Our partners are sometimes so involved in their own universes that he/she can't see anything in ours. It is so hard for me to advocate for myself sometimes and then I get hurt. I am better at owning my own s*** but I am still learning to say, do this so I can do that..... If I see C having a good time and I am left out I need to figure out a way to be included or let her know what she needs to do so I can get help being included. Does that make sense. Sometimes it is too hard for me so I just stay home. Sometimes I resent that she can go out and be included but I am getting a lot better at encouraging her to go have a good time because I just prefer to stay home. Being with strangers is just too hard sometimes.
this also goes for house chores. I have a notebook most mornings I write a list of what I hope to accomplish and leave it on the table. It is mostly for a reminder for me because I can get so distracted I forget what I intended. But, members of my house hold have learned to look at the list and do something to help. then I do not need to ask....so much.

I am also wondering about the anxiety piece if we are just too sensitive to all of the air waves for lack of a better term and that we can not block them out all the time to maintain an equilibrium.

I have looked on line for herbs to deal with anxiety. DsR has an awful time with change and some of the expectations at school and home that maybe I can help with herbs. Lavender seems to be one. Maybe I can make him a little pillow to carry in his pocket so he could be in the scent to help him calm down. There also seem to be teas and I am going to try to grow some of the herbs this summer for all of us to slow down.

Overcast and cold out. Quiet in the house.

Holly
farmgirl #2499

Edited by - Tall Holly on Feb 07 2016 10:18:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

bramblerose
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Canada
77 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2016 :  11:03:15 AM  Show Profile
Oh, my.... so sad, ladies. I don't even know you much yet, but feel the loss.

I scanned about 70 pictures and made a photo album for xh's memorial. The plan is to make a thumbdrive or upload online for anyone who wishes copies. I went to pull one picture today, to send to an old friend. I had not saved a single photo. Good thing I found out now, before going to CA!

We are packed, ready to leave for our cabin in the morning. It's about a six hour drive.

I make lists for myself. The cowboy is pretty good; he's easy to please and doesn't like clutter, so he's pretty good about picking up after himself. He says I am "too organized," but he likes that and appreciates it. I was feeling overwhelmed yesterday, packing, preparing, making meals to take to cabin, baking, doing the photos, haircuts, etc., and I could not face packing for him, specifically making decisions about his clothes. So I just said it. Pick your clothes. He did, I packed. No issue. Just had to ask.

XH used to be terrible about "abandoning" me. He was a social butterfly; I was a country bumpkin introvert. He knew EVERYBODY. We'd go shopping, and soon I'd be pushing the cart alone, while he visited with people in the store. Or at church, he'd be socializing, while I set up music or took care of kids. I'd be in a mood at the end of it... and he'd say that's why people don't flock to me. Well, whatever. I don't seem to have a problem now, with folks visiting. BUT the cowboy is very inclusive, making sure everyone knows I'm his gal. And drawing me into conversations. It's a whole different world in his world, though. Women are considered people.

Some cloud, but mostly sunny. WINDY!

~Ann~

My life on the ranch ... http://a-thousandhills.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2016 :  3:50:02 PM  Show Profile
Good evening,

I have seen all of the Super Bowl I want, I saw Lady Gaga sing the National Anthem. She did a great job. She sang the song she did not create the song. She has an awesome voice. She also plays the piano but did not tonight. She is a phenomenal piano player.

Have a good trip Ann. Remember you are a good woman and important one as well. If there are any turkeys at the memorial don't let them get you down.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6447 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6447 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2016 :  4:24:12 PM  Show Profile
I think for now I will take a break from the over 50 farmgirls thread.

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

"You must do the thing you think you can not do." Eleanor Roosevelt

Women are Angels,and when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We're flexible like that.

www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
www.Amazon.com/Blessed in Colorado
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2016 :  5:29:13 PM  Show Profile
Hope everyone doesn't take a break. I took the dressings off my surgery site and it looks OK. Not too badly bruised. Have been using my yoga strap to help lift my arm and do the PT exercises the dr. told me to do. I put the strap over a door and use it that way. It hurts but I do not want a frozen shoulder. I will type more later but I am a bit sore right now. My friend is coming over tomorrow so that will help. Want to get this catheter out of my neck. I am not going to attempt it on my own. Will stop by dr.'s office tomorrow and let them do it.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2016 :  04:04:03 AM  Show Profile
Cindy - smart to be committed to your PT. I had a customer a while back who let her shoulder get frozen (she injured it working as a nurse and it hurt too much, so she favored it for a long while) and she eventually had to have it repaired surgically. Not only the pain and expense of the surgery, but the she was off work for AGES and of course ended up having to do PT anyway. So smart strong lady You!

I had to unravel all my work on the scarf I have been knitting since just after Christmas. Boo hoo hoo I am crying!! I took a break from it while we were on vacation, and then when I picked it up again, I forgot one little detail about how to do the slipped stitches on the right side vs the wrong side - anyway, I took a look at it and the error part stood out like a very sore thumb. What to do? I couldn't un-knit all those stitches (there were hundreds with lots of increases) so I unraveled back to before the bad part, but i couldn't pick all the stitches up without losing them, so blllllpppppp! It is all unraveled and the yarn rewound - ready to knit it again. Sigh. Oh well, like I told Dude, I knit for enjoyment, so I will just get double the enjoyment from this yarn.

Everyone be nice today. I am staying home, Just saw that we have a winter storm coming....gotta check details.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2016 :  04:29:09 AM  Show Profile
Good early morning everyone,

Just hopped on between giving people showers to see how everyone is doing. Oh, Marilyn, I hate that. Glad you can see the bright side. Depending on my emotional state I would have done what you did or I would have set it aside to be another UFO. I stopped knitting when the first babies became toddlers because picking up the stitches after one of them yanked out the needles was too much for me at the time. So, I took up crocheting. Only one stitch to pick up then. That was maybe 16 years ago. Maybe after this hooked rug is done I could try knitting again. Well, there are two counted cross stitch to finish as well. deep sigh.

Overcast sky so far but not the precipitation sky.

Have a good time at the cabin, Ann.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2016 :  09:56:47 AM  Show Profile
Holly - I agree with you about crochet! When I teach new needlework people, I try to teach crochet first for that very reason! Just that one open loop. I so wanted to scream and cry last night and ball the whole lot up and throw it in the fire. There was a time when I would have, too. But I just did a slow burn. I hate being mature! Ha ha. Dude kept apologizing - I finally told him to hush. It was nothing of his doing in the slightest. As soon as I saw it, I knew exactly what I had done wrong. I am taking a break today and knitting sox while doing laundry.

I wish someone could tell me what happened between Marie and G. I know they have clashed before. I hate stuff like this.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2016 :  12:21:19 PM  Show Profile
Finally got that catheter out of my neck! Which means no more tape or bandages so I could take a bath! Which I quickly found out was not going to be easy. I only have a tub, not a shower. I had to be VERY careful getting into the tub. I had to kneel on my knees and finally got situated right. I washed my hair, which hadn't been washed since last Tuesday, so that was a relief. Then I realized that since I'd been wearing the same bra 24/7 for the past five days and had taken it off for the bath---well, I couldn't get one on so thank God for camisoles with built-in bras! These little things that we all take for granted mean a lot.
My friend K came over and drove me around so I could do some errands. We stopped by my parents and they seem fine. I'm gradually starting to feel like part of the real world again.
I think unraveling yarn and starting again is sort of like life at times.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2016 :  4:50:42 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Cindy I am so glad your healing is moving along. I think it is because you make an effort to eat well and take care of yourself. I remember when C had her knees done the physical therapist had her terrified that her scar tissue would freeze up and the doctor would knock her out and forcibly bend her knee to break it. She had a passive motion machine to bend her knee and she was more than religious about using it until released. I believe you will do well and regain full use of your shoulder. Feeling clean makes the whole world look brighter.
and a relief it must be that your parents are settling into their new home. One less worry for you.

I have decided to make the latch hook rug in four sections. I finished the first section. Before it became an UFO I had latched several inches the whole length of the bottom. Now the pattern where I marked off what I had done should match what I have left to do and it does not. I hope it does not look just odd when I continue because I will not unhook it if it does. I will live with it. hahaha.

Most of my family has runny noses. Not congestion or bad coughs. Occasional sneezes. Faucets for noses. I have bought several kinds of cold remedies that say on the bottle for runny noses so we could do a science experiment to see which ones really work.

DsT is still washing dishes. He says he hates it. I think to myself, well, unless you get an education or you start having initiative that you are going to be stuck in these jobs for life. He says when he takes the trays of glasses out front the customers look at him and say he looks like a vagrant. Well, I think to my self you do. So, do something about that. But I do not say it out loud because as a mother of a teen ager I know nothing. He needs to figure it out for himself. Aaahhhh the lessons of life. Some people take the hard rocky road and he is one of them. But, at least he is moving on the road now instead of spinning in a muddy rut on the side.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2016 :  06:52:15 AM  Show Profile
Anyone have experience with a fireproof/resistant rug for in front of a fireplace? We have put in a nice wood-look laminate floor in the family room. There's a brick hearth (one brick high) with a woodstove on it, and we would like to protect the floor from sparks, etc.

I keep seeing the fibreglass rugs, but they are so so ugly!!! The ads all say that the wool rugs are naturally flame resistant, but I was hoping someone had some experience here. Anything? Anyone? Bueller?

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2016 :  07:27:17 AM  Show Profile
Holly -- Is your latch hook a rug of your own design, or did you get a kit? I have always enjoyed doing those. After they first retired, my dad did a huge all-wool one and it was lovely. Sort of hard to find the wool ones in the catalogs these days. Ha! I think I have rugs on the brain right now. Maybe it's all that new bare floor downstairs. Dude really has done a lovely job of putting it in, and he's got the aches and pains to show for it. I am getting excited about being able to put the furniture in place so that it's not all piled up in corners. It has been two years this month that I moved there, and we have had the house torn up just about that entire time. The wonder and joy of remodeling has worn off! ha ha ha

My QuickBooks class starts on Wednesday. I have to stop thinking of new needlework projects right now!! I finished the first sock yesterday and cast on the second one last night. It took me a while to get the starting point right on this second sock -- it is self-striping yarn, and I like the stripes to match, so I needed to start at the same point. Just had the worst time trying to find the right spot and then I realized that this second ball of yarn was wound backwards from the first one! Duh. So I rewound the whole thing and then it was a cinch. Dude was sitting there saying "Nobody's going to see if the stripes don't match up!" But I would know.

We are having snow today. Doesn't seem to be sticking to the roads, but it is sure piling up on the cars here on the lot. I don't think my phone has rung once, and I don't expect any customers in. It really makes for a pretty day, though. I am almost caught up on my to-do drawer from Saturday and Monday, so then I will have time to knit.

Peeved!!!! Had a customer who was way way way behind on his truck payments. We didn't have one of those starter-interrupt devices on it, so he just would "forget." I would call, then he would come in a week later with a little bit of money and a HUGE promise. On and on this went forever. So a couple of weeks ago, the tow company calls and says they have picked the truck up as abandoned. We have to pay the tow and the storage, etc. I called the customer and left him a message. Heard NOTHING. So Dude finally says to go ahead an repossess it so it's back in our inventory. I do the repo. Yesterday, this dopey-doodle calls up and says he wants the truck back, he's coming in on Friday to make a payment and then will use his tax refund to pay it down. (Have heard that story so many times it plays in my sleep) How are these people walking around without keepers????

Only customer in today was one of our "challenged" folks. He came in last year and wanted "the cheapest" thing on the lot (which they never mean), but we found him an older sedan -- nothing sexy, but it would get him back and forth to work on the off chance that he ever kept a job for more than 2 or 3 weeks at a stretch. In the meantime, he and girlfriend have taken turns with the car -- each time they have a fight, one or the other will call here and want to know how to get their name off the car -- blah blah blah. So this morning he pulls up outside, comes in and tells His Dudeness that he wants "to pay less for the car." ??? He decided that now that the car has been wrecked (twice) and has more miles on it (well, yeah), it is worth less. Well, um, yes. But Dude had to explain to him that you can't renegotiate the purchase price 9 months after the fact, especially when you've put 10k miles on it and bonked into things twice.

I honestly do wonder some days how people walk around without hurting themselves.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2016 :  08:06:59 AM  Show Profile
Marilyn, have you ever tried knitting two socks at the same time? Works great and then you are finished at the same time also. Just a thought.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2016 :  08:27:30 AM  Show Profile
Betty -- I LOVE doing them that way -- no Second Sock Syndrome, either! ha ha I just really enjoy knitting them in the round on four double pointed needles when I am going to be dragging them around with me. Having the two separate balls of yarn makes it a little harder to drop them and pick them back up again. Whoever thought up the two-at-a-time deserves a Nobel prize, in my book!
When I am knitting sweaters, I knit the sleeves at the same time.

How are you doing, my Washingtonian friend?

Farmgirl #6318

Edited by - Marilyn Hartman Sullivan on Feb 09 2016 08:42:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2016 :  10:09:42 AM  Show Profile
Good afternoon,

Up in Burlington there is a sock company that sells socks of the same colors but different patterns on purpose. You are very skilled to match the stripes.

The latch hook is a kit. there is a series of flowers. They are up to number nine now. I thought it would be great to have all of them to hang on this high wall in the stair well but I do not have that kind of patience or time. Dreams are wonderful things.

I do not know about spark proof rugs. They always look too expensive. I had our hearth extended a brick or two in front of the opening to the wood stove. Have you looked in the Plow and Hearth catalog?

One time I pulled the yarn from the outside of the ball and the inside of the ball to do the next part of the pattern so I would not have to have two balls going.

Have a good afternoon,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Christy925
True Blue Farmgirl

476 Posts

Christy
Midland Michigan
USA
476 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2016 :  10:19:30 AM  Show Profile
My sister introduced me to that bread. Its wonderful!
quote:
Originally posted by doll58maker

I get the Ezekiel Bread in the frozen food section and I think it is similar, that is made with sprouted seeds. It doesn't upset my stomach.

Farmgirl Sister #2315
http://www.etsy.com/shop/WildThymeCreations?ref=pr_shop
http://www.flickr.com/photos/marketwoman45/sets/72157627628326507/
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2016 :  10:42:15 AM  Show Profile
Holly -- Plow and Hearth was the first place I looked. Seems to me that we will have the door closed when we are burning the woodstove anyway, so there shouldn't be too many sparks flying out. Those rugs are expensive.

I like your dream about the hooked rugs all hanging together. What would we do without our dreams? I have so many quilt tops finished and waiting to be quilted -- one of my fond dreams is to have enough time to get them all quilted and finished. Not sure where they will live after that, but I would like to finish them.

Back on November 5, I went to see a new dentist -- new to me. I was so upset after the visit! I had a nice cleaning, which was great and felt terrific, but the dentist came in with a laundry list of work he wanted to do. The whole philosophy of the practice seemed to be to get me ready for some red carpet gig with the Kardashians. I just wanted a nice gentle dentist who could keep an eye on my dental health and fix things as they needed fixing. Not a complete Beverly Hills overhaul. They took my x-rays and were to submit their wish list to my insurance company for pre-approval and then get back to me.

In the meantime, His Dudeness (who goes to a periodontist every six months) was referred for some reconstruction to a dentist here in town. He was SO pleased with the whole experience that I decided that I would give him a try -- the attitude and philosophy seemed more like mine. So TODAY (over three months after the fact) I get a call from the first dental practice, asking me some questions about a certain crown. Over three months later!!! I sent them a nice letter asking them to forward my x-rays to the other dental practice. I have an appointment for a consult on the 18th -- hopefully they will have received the x-rays before then so they can see what they think. I still miss my old dentist out west. For a while I considered flying home once a year to have him do my teeth. Then he was killed in an avalanche, so that became a moot point.

I need to go get a physical, as well. I have been very lazy about taking care of myself.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2016 :  3:34:26 PM  Show Profile
Sisters of the Iris,

I sent personal emails to most of you explaining what happened. I have now moved past it.

The temperatures have really gotten cold here. The wind just makes it worse. I do not feel as much seasonal badness as I did last year. In the summer, I was outside as much as possible soaking up as much sun as I could to get me through the winter. I believe it has helped.

Cindy - Good job on your healing process. I have stopped wearing bras. I itch from the elastic, the straps keep falling down and I sweat under my boobs. I have been wearing tight tank tops under my sweaters and that seems to work. I will need to do something else for the warm weather. Where do you get your camisoles Cindy?

Holly - If you made a mistake on the latch hook pattern, just tweek it a little so that it looks less wrong. I don't know if that is possible. If it were me, I would just take it out and do it over. I wish do overs in life were that easy. I suppose DsT expected to be an executive by now. I remember washing dishes. I loved doing it because I could work by myself and I could see that results of my work immediately. Oh, and I actually like doing dishes. I know, I'm a freak.

Marilyn - Wool rugs are less flammable and are a good choice if you do not mind the occasional burn hole in it. Acrylic is the worst fiber to use because it melts into a puddle of hot plastic. I belong to a group that makes hats for active soldiers and they will not accept hats made of acrylic yarns because they could melt and scald the soldiers head. I believe some people are hampered by the thought process. Your "challenge" seems to want a refund for the wear and tear he caused himself. Amazing creativity!

The boiler hasn't fired up in the furnace room and the radiators are all lukewarm. I am so cold. Time for tea.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.

Edited by - churunga on Feb 09 2016 3:35:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2016 :  5:47:46 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

It is not sparks flying out but coals spilling out when you put in more wood if you have a front loading stove. Since we expanded the brick base I have not had that problem on the floor. When the hearth was shorter I would run to get a cup of water to pour in the crack between the hearth and the floor that collected dust when the coals fell into it. I was always worried that the coal would smolder and light up after we went to bed or to the store.

Marie you are like Frederick the mouse in the children's story collecting warmth and words to get the rest through the cold of the winter.

I now go to a dentist and a periodontist. I like both of them alright. Breaking in a new care provider can be hard work. Mine has learned not to push too hard. For a while she was idealistic in dealing with my children. She was on a kick to have everyone have a night guard. I hated it and she refunded my money. She wanted my dsL and fddB to have them but neither would have tolerated it and we finally got it through to her so she stopped bugging me. Good luck with the new one.

You should ask around to people your age who their primary care is and find a woman you can deal with who is younger than we are. My doctor retired and I had to break in a new one. She is very nice and we have reached agreements on what she should press me on and what she should back off of.

C has a camisole that she does not need to wear a bra with it is a Jockey. Only in recent years has she ever ventured out of the bedroom without one on. I do not wear a bra but am not big enough to make a difference so my opinion on the matter is not worth reading.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2016 :  04:36:58 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone,

I am between showering people.

Ruminate on this Marilyn, for the rug you could make a wool quilt top or knit a top for the rug, then put a layer of ironing board cover and then knit a bottom layer and sew them together. That might work for in front of your stove. There are fabrics that are not slippery that could go on the very bottom as well.

Have a good day.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2016 :  05:39:23 AM  Show Profile
I have come back on MJF just to do some housecleaning, removing pictures, etc.

I thought personal differences should be handled privately so that is what I tried to do. Apparently from what I see here,, Marie feels otherwise since she has decided to email most of you privately. and I see there is a good deal of interest in what happened between us. So in the name of fairness, I will say what I have to say to everyone, openly.

I simply sent Marie a private email asking her to stop making comparisons between my B and Lowell, as I found it offensive. That should have been the end of it, and it should have been kept private.

Edited by - doll58maker on Feb 11 2016 09:35:49 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page