doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2015 :  1:13:32 PM  Show Profile
Well, My last pics have not changed as of now, but bunny, you and your handsome son have been traded for some Christmas craft project, one of my earlier posts has changed into a garbage can and one of Marilyn's sock pics is now some craft supplies. Guess it's not fixed yet. Holly's and Marie's pics seem to have escaped so far.

I am doing nothing today. It is cold and drizzling rain. The beach was a lot of fun and the weather was nice until yesterday morning when we were leaving. A big front has come in and it's cold and wet most everywhere today. Lots more rain.

Hope everyone is warm and dry and safe today.

Edited by - doll58maker on Nov 29 2015 1:14:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2015 :  2:33:10 PM  Show Profile
G's picture situation is just too weird. Great to hear from Betty! Hope your life is sorting itself out. We have had a great few days off, but I know Dude is ready to go back to work. I will get a lot done while he's gone tomorrow. We have had several warmer days, so he got a lot done outside. What I really REALLY want is for the blinkety-blank downstairs remodel to be done. He keeps having to take the cap off the drain for the toilet-to-be to check things for size, etc., and every time he does it makes the whole downstairs smell like an old wooden outhouse in one of the National Parks ... In AUGUST! I hope that isn't too descriptive. Ha ha. Of course he can't smell a thing. What's up with that?

We drove down to MD today so he could have some oysters. I think he got his fill, and I had a nice Caesar salad and some flatbread with chicken on it. Stopped in to see some friends for a bit. Glad to be back home. He is conked out on the sofa and I am trying to dry the sheets so I can make the bed back up.

I am feeling tired. Probably post-Thanksgiving slump. Have a great night, everyone.

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2015 :  3:56:49 PM  Show Profile
Marilyn, your pictures on pages 285 and 294 have been changed.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2015 :  4:35:20 PM  Show Profile
Well, so much for posting pictures. I guess the gremlin has gotten most of us. I sure hope it can be fixed. I don't want to see other pictures. I want to see what my sisters post!

Marilyn, sounds like quite a trip. Isn't Monday a rest up day for you?

I got two dresses finished today. The lady I did the sweater for bought it last night. So that is all ready to mail tomorrow.
My poor son and his friends are trying to get rid of cockroaches in the house his friends are renting. They are all moving into a place together and would like to avoid any hitch hikers. He said they bug bombed the house and it was like a horror movie when they got home. Roaches all over the ceiling and walls. He said he wanted to cry. So much for being the tough Marine! They are working on putting out bait and cleaning to hopefully get ride of the eggs as they hatch.mwhat a process. I didn't want to tell him, there are probably as many roaches in the next house.

My mom and sister are decorating the living room for Christmas. My sister bought a fake tree because she can't handle the real ones. I'm hiding out in my room and writing a story that has been in my head for a while. That way I look really busy....typing away.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2015 :  5:18:38 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Last night the computer did not complete the connection to post my note and it disappeared. I did not have the energy to re write it.

I am so glad I live in the north where cockroaches are not living in the area. It is too cold unless there is a garbage can that it came in on. I do not like cockroaches or silverfish. When I went down to Florida to see my father when he was dying I stayed in a room with my sister. She chased a cockroach around the room with her shoe trying to smash it. She was not fast enough and it escaped into the wall.
When I was in college the woman down the hall lived above the trash can and she found a cockroach on her retainer. I think she boiled the retainer.
Good luck to your son and his friends.

I had raw oysters in Maine once with soy sauce and wasabi and ginger. They were delicious. C was not impressed. She likes her food cooked.

I went to a craft fair today. It happens every year. The tables cost $200 for the two day event. I got the directions in case I ever want to try to participate. I met some people I haven't seen in a while and we chatted. I was child free so I could chat uninterrupted. I bought a woven chenille scarf and a pair of boiled wool mittens. I will give C the scarf and she will give me the mittens. I bought some jellies and some lemon curd that is delicious. I also bought some chocolate mint fudge and some chocolate coconut fudge. I shared that with the children when I arrived home.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2015 :  5:38:32 PM  Show Profile
Bunny - The most certain way to get rid of cockroaches is to put down boric acid powder. They can get it at any hardware store. It is save to use. The bugs get it on themselves and take it back to the nest and get it on everyone there. The acid eats through the exoskeleton and they dry up and die. I have used it every place I have lived and it really keeps them out even if a neighbor has them.

Whenever I post pictures, I do it directly from my camera or the computer. That may be why mine don't change.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.

Edited by - churunga on Nov 29 2015 5:39:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2015 :  04:11:36 AM  Show Profile
This photo-swap thing is a puzzler, for sure. It is so random - like someone is manipulating them individually, but why would they bother? That would be pretty silly.

My plan for today is to pick up some personal items at the store and also some gift boxes and stuff for Christmas wrapping. For the past several years I have used brown paper tied up with twine. I do either those little round key tags on string for the gift tags (if I can find my stash! Ha) or I write something right on the package with a red marker. One year I used little photographs of the intended recipient to mark them. I used to go all crazy and make sure my paper all matched and I had a color scheme for under the tree - yadda yadda. I do so many fewer gifts these days and we live so much more simply - just doesn't turn my churn anymore. I want to finish up this pair of sox for His Dudeness and then I need to sew up a little toy fox for the boyfriend of Alaska daughter. I am completely stymied about what to do for the boyfriend of Architect daughter!!!! I hope I have an epiphany soon.

Someone's shooting just over the hill - probably hunting up there. Time to get up

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2015 :  08:17:26 AM  Show Profile
I won't be posting any more pictures. Also there are so many things I can't say on here anymore.

Today I have to get to the grocery store, the gym, do laundry. How boring. It's cold, too.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2015 :  08:58:50 AM  Show Profile
Well if we can't post pictures or be honest with our posts...what is the point.
I'm thinking a Facebook group of our own maybe? Goddesses of the irises. If we make it a closed group, people have to ask to join. Plus it is closed so other people on your Facebook page do not see any of our postings.

I would be happy to set it up and admin it.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2015 :  09:23:57 AM  Show Profile
Good idea Bunny. I also would ask that our members do not play games on Facebook. The notices are just annoying.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2015 :  09:33:27 AM  Show Profile
I don't think the games will bother us on a closed group. We will only see what we do in the group. You won't see anything on private pages. We won't be "friends" on facebook. Just belong to the same group. If you want to friend someone, that is separate. I have tested this and it works great. If your fb page isn't private, of course, others can see some postings. But you would have to actually friend them to see anything else.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2015 :  09:38:11 AM  Show Profile
To create the group. I need your email address or name on facebook. I need at least one to get it started. You can private email me if you are interested. It will be a private group. People can find the group and who is in it. But they cannot see our posts.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2015 :  12:18:35 PM  Show Profile
I hate to see this group break up. I hope I have not made anyone feel unwelcome or that they can't express themselves freely. I really enjoy you ladies

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2015 :  1:41:49 PM  Show Profile
I think they will solve the picture problem this week. I couldn't do a Facebook group because I share an account with DH.
Marilyn you are the life of the party for heavens sake.
Go to Top of Page

zagrae
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

48 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2015 :  4:38:10 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals. This is Lucas, MaryJane's Son-in-law. I've been working all day to try and fix this picture-swapping problem and have engaged the help our our local computer experts so I assure you we will get it fixed. I am truly sorry it has taken this long and apologize for all the frustration it has caused. I also would ask you not to give up on us and not to leave for a for another group site as we do value you as members here and would hate to see you leave. I'll keep you posted as to what we find out.

Thanks for your patience and support!
Lucas
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2015 :  4:54:37 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I am not on Facebook and find the thought of having to access another space overwhelming. I am not sure what people are not allowed to say on here. I do temper some of my political opinions and would like to rave sometimes. I think we are a liberal group and that may be why we do not have so many members as some groups.

I took dsG to therapy this morning and that ruins most of the day for anything else. I do not get home until 11 and then fix lunch then a little nap although today was longer because I was decadent and read for a while. I did venture out to the green house and it is warmer inside than out. I was happy about that. there are still so many cracks and spaces to be filled in with insulation to make it more warm tight. Maybe tomorrow I will get out there again.

Today was in the low forties and sunny.
DsG turned on the outside lights to go onto the porch and look at the stars. He came in a bit disappointed to not see them. I asked what he was doing and he said he wanted to look at the consolations or what do you call the stars. He turned off the lights and went out and came in happy.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2015 :  5:15:15 PM  Show Profile
Holly, congratulations on your beautiful green house. Your area of the country was warmer today than ours! Your purchases at the craft fair sound terrific. I guess they must sell a lot of fudge to make the two hundred dollar fee ok.

Bunny, love the idea of nobody bothering our photos! I think your idea of finding a new home may have lit a fire under the techies' backside towards finding a solution. Your sales sound like they are going well. And free magazines are a nice apology! You must have been nervous about the missing items, though.

Marilyn, there's nothing like the eau d' septic. When it starts in the lower level,I bet it takes a while to dissipate. I love your wrapping ideas. I prefer craft paper and bright ribbon!

Marie, I have seen the boric acid idea. Sounds like the best solution.

We got our tree up. A wreath is on our gate. Dh and I bought some outdoor decorations at the after Christmas clearance last year that we want to put in the gazebo. Maybe tomorrow when it warms up.

Today we had our wills witnessed. Sigh. It does feel good to ALMOST have all the I's dotted and the t's crossed. Still need to make copies and put the original in the safe deposit box. But, the most difficult part is done.

I had my eye on a few deals over the shopping weekend. But,I was Too slow to take advantage of them and they sold out. Guess I'll pay more.

Mom's hairdresser have me a Christmas goodie today. It was a mini calendar and pen set. Very kind of her. I use the calendar on my phone that syncs with my tablet...doesn't everyone? Mom was very happy with hers and will definitely use it.

I am reading a crazy funny book. "Let's Pretend This Never Happened." It's a memoir. May not be for everyone, but it's making me laugh out loud.

Hope everyone has finished digesting and is ready to shop!
Mar
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2015 :  6:02:45 PM  Show Profile
Dude and I sat down to watch the Charlie Brown Christmas 50th anniversary show. There was so much added "stuff!" I only stood it for a few minutes - then popped in my DVD of the original show and we watched that instead. You can't improve on some things!

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  06:23:03 AM  Show Profile
Rain.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  10:53:34 AM  Show Profile
Sorry Marilyn. We were done with the rain and so we sent it up your way. Today is mild and sunny. The thing about Texas is by the time you get sick of the weather here, it will change.
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  11:11:56 AM  Show Profile
G -- It sounds to me like you all have had QUITE enough rain, anyway, so I guess we can take some of it off your hands. Flooding is so scary. We have had a record-breaking mild November -- above average temps for all but about 5 days of the month. Honestly, I am really ready for cooler weather and I wish it would just make up its mind already. I put away my summer clothes and this transitioning back and forth gets a little tiresome. If that's the biggest complaint I have, then it's a great day.

So my mechanic's daughter (she is 29 years old and has 5 children) has a new boyfriend -- they met online, but are both local. He happens to be the step-son of one of our customers. So "Vivian" and this guy have a few "dates." (Old-timey me -- not really sure what that entails anymore) Now she finds out that the boyfriend's roommate had a baby on Thanksgiving Day and HE is the daddy thereof. Hmmmm Complicated. Boyfriend had not mentioned to Vivian that he even had a roommate, because -- get this -- when she found out she was pregnant, she moved back in WITH HER HUSBAND.

I guess my point here (if there is one) is that, even with everything that goes on in our families, and it's a LOT, we are still all in pretty good shape I think.

I came in today and ran all my end-of-month reports for November, got my "to-do" drawer caught up from our time off, and now I am just enjoying a nice day at work. As much as I love being at home, even I was getting a little bit antsy about getting back to my desk. I think if I were going to be home all the time, I would have projects going and all. I try not to look forward to that time, because I hate to wish my life away and not enjoy what's here and now. Still need to finish the second sock for Dude's Island Hoppers and then sew up that little toy fox -- then my Christmas "making" is done.

Now I need to pin His Dudeness down for a minute and work out what our Christmas closures will be. We will be closed between Christmas and New Year's for sure, but I want to get the dates right so I can be sure my customers know in plenty of time. I can't believe we are going to Indiana in December -- how bright is that? ha ha ha But it will be great to see family.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  11:30:17 AM  Show Profile
Well, first of all, the mechanic needs to give the girl a Christmas present of getting her tubes tied. Then he needs to find his shotgun and show it to the boyfriend and explain what will happen if he ever shows his sorry hide again. Case closed.
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  11:48:06 AM  Show Profile
Funny -- she had her tubes tied after the last little girl, so at least that's good. I am constantly amazed at the interpersonal relationships this particular crowd has! It's all so fluid and becomes life's blood important in such a hurry. It's kind of scary, really. And the worst part is watching the children grow up under this cloud of coming and going and loving and hating -- it's just awful. Daddy's in jail, Mommy's getting arrested for punching out Daddy's girlfriend -- no good can come of it. And the "adults" just don't think anything of it -- just the way things are.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  1:49:02 PM  Show Profile
It is funny like a sit com, isn't it, but sad too that they can not break out of what is sometimes referred to as a generational curse. That is what I broke out of, so I guess it's why I have no patience with the whiners and losers. I've worked to help these people, particularly the young women who just don't think they can do any better, all you do is burn yourself out. There is an old story about the flea in the jar, there was a lid on the jar and the flea jumped and jumped but he always hit the lid, so finally he (or she) stopped jumping. Then the lid was taken off the jar but the flea never jumped out.

I'm still working with the technical people to try to help figure the picture snafu out. One of my posts where I posted two pictures has been changed a total of four times. I posted my pics. They changed. I changed them back to mine. They changed again. So I left them. Went back a couple days later and One of them had changed again. The weird thing is, the last two pics I posted have not changed. Yet.
Go to Top of Page

zagrae
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

48 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  2:04:49 PM  Show Profile
Ok, I just got word from our IT folks that they have identified the problem and have instituted a fix. Basically, there was a problem where some uploaded photos were being renamed by the forum to a default name that was already used by a previous photo, and subsequently was "overwriting" the first photo. They installed rules in place to prevent this from happening going forward, so if anyone notices this happening again make sure to let me know.

Thanks so much for your help and your patience.
Lucas
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page