doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2015 :  1:19:29 PM  Show Profile
They already changed to something else. I've just changed them back again. I've taken pictures of my posts. I've taken pictures and gotten the file names of the pictures that were used to replace mine. I've contacted technical services. I will find out who is doing this and why. If it's some weird software glitch I will see f I can close out my account and reopen.
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2015 :  1:30:28 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 19 2019 5:20:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2015 :  1:33:56 PM  Show Profile
I believe these pictures look like some sort of exchange. There are tea bags and what they call tuck ins. Does this give anyone a clue, I don't do any of the exchanges. This would have been a thanksgiving one. I need a volunteer to see if you can replace one of my pics with yours just to see if it can be done by another forum member.

Edited by - doll58maker on Nov 26 2015 1:36:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2015 :  3:41:27 PM  Show Profile
G, I wouldn't even know how to replace one of your pictures.
I hope the powers that be can fix this. I wonder if your pictures replace this persons pictures.
Love the Dolphins!!!! How cool is that!
The beach looks wonderful. My boss is at the Oregon coast with her family too.

Got my two dresses ready to mail tomorrow. The sweater is all finished. Hoping the lady still wants it.

Now to have a nap. I'm still not 100%. I shudder to think what G went through for her trip to Scotland. I don't think it is a trip I will ever put myself through.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2015 :  3:54:13 PM  Show Profile
G, check your post to technical support. There is a post there from a lady that said one of these is hers. She has no idea how it got on your post. Madelena is her name I believe.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2015 :  4:22:42 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I am so jealous of our trip to the ocean. I hope you have a grand time. The water looks rough like there is a lot of wind.

full moon setting this morning at 6:15. It was the view out our bedroom window.

The front of the green house is a motley looking assortment of glass. The sunset is reflected in the left side windows. The big windows in the middle on the bottom open when needed.

Posting these I hope.

Holly
farmgirl #2499

Edited by - Tall Holly on Nov 26 2015 4:23:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2015 :  4:27:56 PM  Show Profile
Here is the last photo. It is the side of the green house. The right side of the wall is the door. I really need to figure out what I am going to do about that window on the left. I have not been happy about how it turned out since I worked on it last. The white tank will sit under the gutter when I get it up to collect rain water. I think I need to build a platform for it to sit on so gravity will aid in watering the inside.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2015 :  6:05:41 PM  Show Profile
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, Even with all the stress it brings. My mom didn't have to cook anything as my SIL had ordered dinner from a restaurant--SugarFire Grill. I know little about the chain. The turkey was smoked the night before and tasted good, not dry like it usually is. Mt brother brought green bean casserole and I made Brussels sprouts with fakin' bacon and maple syrup. My mom made a cherry pie and I made an apple tart. I used my apple peeler that I just got from Lehman's and it worked like a charm. We also had a storebought chocolate pie and some leftover giant sheet oookie that the kids ate, and of course potatoes and stuffing from Sugarfire. My SIL made some cheesy biscuits as well but I was too stuffed to eat mine. When I got home I cut down the dead coneflower stems in my yard and raked some dead leaves around them, Also had to cut down some small trees trying to take over. I took two of my garden hoses inside and would have raked more leaves but it was windy. I took Jaxon for a walk and he gave doggie kisses to two kids who wanted to pet him. It was warm enough that I didn't need a jacket all day. But that means the cold air headed this way will make for unstable weather. I have to work tomorrow but can leave early. The visitation is tomorrow afternoon-evening and a service on Saturday. I was talking to my brothers and we all think my parents should move to an assisted living facility. My dad thought he was in jail this morning. And that a Studebaker was at the house yesterday. He thought I was in the air force the other night. But my parents won't do anything until they're forced to. That's the sad part. Something bad will have to happen before they realize they need help. They have the money but my mom acts like everything is too expensive. Anyway I'm thankful I have a job and my mind is working the best since when I was young. I have a good dog, good neighbors,a car that runs and I just got my first paycheck with the new raise. And I have wonderful friends on this forum. I propose a toast to the Iris Goddesses---may we bloom long and sweeten our world.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2015 :  8:28:56 PM  Show Profile
That is a lovely post, Cindy. You are so right about our parents--something bad has to happen before anybody will do anything. It is stressful sounds like you and your siblings are in agreement, and that's half the battle.

Holly the greenhouse came out so cool! I think it should be posted on Pinterest. Lots of people would copy it. It looks like a little shabby chic house that could become a cute little home for someone.

Bunny thanks for the tip--I went to the technical forum and looks like it is in fact a technical issue that can be resolved.

We are ready to say good night to one more turkey day. It was quite a day. I just heard a very loud fart from the kids room so I guess the eggnog and about four ounces of Irish whiskey is giving son-in-law a nice deep sleep.

Good night all.
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2015 :  04:35:02 AM  Show Profile
Holly's greenhouse is gorgeous! What a true homesteader you are, Lady.

Cindy's mother sounds like mine - everything is too expensive. I think maybe they get stuck on a certain era and think everything should still cost the same (of course my mom has always been what they call "penny wise and pound foolish) - I hope your family is able to get them somewhere appropriate before they have too much trouble.

Bunny's sales are perking up! That is wonderful news - and such an international clientele.

G has a secret photo admirer! What a weird thing. But a couple of mine got swapped one time, too, so I am sure it can be fixed. I agree - it looks like one of the swaps.

Marie sounds mostly mended after her surgery.

We have a new Canadian cattle rancher in our little group - such a different world, and we get to learn about it from the warmth of our cozy lives.

I am so grateful for my MJF friends.

We got dinner done and on the table all at the same time, so that's always a win. It was just the two of us, which was very very nice. In the morning, Dude had a little help, so he built the observation deck up on the hill so we can see out across the hills behind the house. It is lovely up there. Then he put some lights in the treehouse so it will be lit up for the holidays. Someone's going to think there's a hobo living up there! Now to enjoy the rest of our time off. Dude has outdoor work he wants to do today. I have laundry and knitting. Finished the first of a pair of sox for him last night, and it fit perfectly - I think I have designed my go-to pattern for him!!!

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2015 :  07:39:50 AM  Show Profile
Holly, I LOVE your green house. I agree with G. You should put your pictures on Pinterest. I love how all the windows are different.

G, glad the picture thing may get resolved. While we love seeing all the crafty stuff, your pictures are more important to us.

It's 20 degrees outside and is suppose to get to a whopping 36 degrees sometime today. So my truck will make that terrible "something is frozen" sound when I drive it. I have to go across the river today and trying to decide which is worse. Driving at night or putting my truck through that terrible sound. I did ask the guy at the auto shop I went to when my battery issue was going on....to see what the sound might be. But never got an answer.
I'll start it up and see what happens. I can only think something is leaking and it freezes and two metals that move together don't want to because of frozen something. The only thing I can see leaking is oil. But not very much.
I get to work alone today and do our holiday window. We will see how much I get done with it being Black Friday.
I work tomorrow too but shorter hours.

Time to get ready for work...later all!!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

bramblerose
True Blue Farmgirl

77 Posts

Canada
77 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2015 :  08:52:10 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Tall Holly

Ann- ...
YOu must have awesome record keeping to keep track of which bull is whose father. I guess you must have boxes of shoulder length gloves. I hope you have long arms. Do you have a squeezer cage to put the cows in so they do not wander while you are in up to your armpit?
Waiting to hear when the human baby arrives.

We don't keep records of which bull hooked up with which cow. We do rotate, though, and have specific bulls for heifers, (determined by birth weight, so we don't overload those first / second time calvers), so the likelihood of bulls being bred to daughters is almost nil.

These are range cows, so they are divided into herds of about 400-500 and put out in fields of up to 2000 acres or so. The bulls are set out from July 15 to September 15, then we bring the bulls home again.

We hire a vet to do the preg-testing. It's pretty fast and efficient, using an ultrasound. If the cow is bred, I give her her shots. If not, we close the "bred" gate coming out of the squeeze and she goes to the "goes away" pen. Very seldom does the vet have to "long arm" to check, the ultrasound is that good.

We have a good set-up in the barn, with a tub, S-alley, and hydraulic squeeze. We have an efficient team and we work together like a well-oiled machine. We even shocked ourselves yesterday. We did 533 cows in 3 hours. (Just 1500 to go!)

Hope everyone had a good thanksgiving.

I've done some ranch paperwork this morning, and now headed to town for grub, and to have lunch with the Cattlemen's Ball chairwoman and interview her. (For article for beef magazine.)

Have a great day, everyone.

~Ann~

My life on the ranch ... http://a-thousandhills.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2015 :  10:08:45 AM  Show Profile
Holly, I love, love, your greenhouse!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3918 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3918 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2015 :  10:23:34 AM  Show Profile
Thanksgiving went well. I cooked the meal at Hayley's place. She has a very nice looking one-bedroom apartment on the 3rd floor. YIKES! Lowell, as usual, dragged his feet about getting going. There was a question about whether Brian, Lowell's DB, knew the address to Hayley's house and her cell phone number so that he could call to be let in. Lowell didn't have his cell phone with him and couldn't remember Brian's number so he went home to call him and get him all the relevant information. While Lowell was gone, Hayley confided in me that she was freaking out and had made it her goal in life not to be like any of the men in her life. She was impressed that I was so calm amid the chaos. I told her that I knew what I needed to be okay and knew when to stop giving help. I told her it would all work out. She calmed down and after everyone was in the house, she helped me with the vegetables. She said that she doesn't really cook and I caught myself telling her about what I have learned thru culinary trial and error. So much like my mom.

Here is the menu from yesterday:

* whole chicken cut in parts and rubbed with salt, pepper and brown sugar garnished with dried pineapple rings (I should have used fresh canned.) and doused with charged water
* boiled potatoes (I could have mashed them but I was tired.)
* lightly browned Brussels sprouts slathered with butter and browned in fresh squeezed lemon juice
* lightly boiled green beans tossed with roasted sliced almonds (I should have cut them smaller.)
* salad consisting of red leaf lettuce, chopped green and yellow peppers, small broccoli flowerets, sliced tomato, grated carrots and roasted cherry tomatoes dressed with my home made herb vinaigrette
* dessert was the pumpkin pie topped with whipped cream in a can

We made toasts at the table. (We don't pray.) Brian toasted the fact that he didn't have to cook. He is a chef and refuses to cook for family events. I don't blame him. Hayley toasted to her first family dinner in her apartment. I toasted to Brian who had been much missed. He is the one who cut off communication with us for three years because of depression. Lowell toasted to the preservation of the republic and the end of slavery. After dinner, we watched The Big Lebowski. I took all the leftovers home. It was an excellent time.

Holly - The green house looks palatial. I have fantasized about living in such a structure.

Ann - Technology is a wonderful thing. I can imagine you have to be quite organized to handle so many animals.

Bunny - Congratulations on your recent sales. You are on your way and will have your own place soon.

Gypsy - What a beautiful place you live in.

Marilyn - Sounds as if you and Dude had exactly the Thanksgiving you wanted with much less clean up too.

I am thankful to all the Iris Goddesses. You have all made me a kinder, gentler person.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2015 :  3:01:42 PM  Show Profile
My pictures changed again. I had a note from Mary Jane that they are looking into it. It's some crazy computer glitch.
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2015 :  4:35:54 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Thank you for all the kind words about my green house. I am not on Pinterest. After all of you telling me how addictive it is I chose not to even look at it once. I could spend hours searching on a sight like that and get nothing else done. Someday when I have nothing better to do I will take the plunge. hahaha.

Ann I am glad to hear how your ranch works. We do not have farms that big out here in New England. Well, we do not have fields that big either. Maybe in western New York state but that is eight hours from me. To have a 2000 acre grazing area we would need to clear cut a mountain.
An ultra sound for a cow. I will have to ask my vet about it when he comes. He will probably laugh and tell me it is only used out west. So, your calves start arriving at teh end of April. Do you still have a lot of snow and freezing temperatures?

Our cow used to give birth in February and March.. One year the snow was still higher than my knees When we had to bring him back to the barn for the night and so I could milk out some of her colostrum. The man we bought our cow from bred his first calf heifers that were holsteins to Jersey bulls so they would have an easier time delivering. So, our cow is a jersey holstein cross. That is fine for us. She is small for a holstein. We breed her to an angus.

Marie I am glad your meal went off well and that Brian is enjoying your company and you his. If anything with Lowell goes smoothly you will need to sit down and have a big sigh.

Marilyn I would like to see a picture of the lookout. When we had the roof redone we went up and looked east and could see across the hills to New Hampshire. As it is we look west and see across the valley to the mountains. There is a trail up Mount Hunger across to Whiteface and back down. If you are in good shape I hear it is an all day hike. But, you can see our house from the top of the mountain with binoculars.

Bunny, I hope your truck has a miraculous recovery and does not make any grinding sound at all.

G found any good shells yet? Did your son try to tell you how to eat while he was visiting? You sounded a little annoyed with him and amused by your gs.

I fixed the door on the greenhouse today. It was not hard. I put some insulation in some of the joints and cracks. Someone did ask me who was moving in to the attic. DdK said she saw a chipmunk with hay in its mouth running across the floor so maybe I have my first boarder.

A neighbor gave me a box of butternuts that fell from his tree. I bought a lot of gallon flower pots and filled them with composted manure and put a butternut in each one. I have put them on the edge of the field to see if they will grow. If they do maybe I can sell them at the farmer's market in a couple of years.

We had leftovers for supper. I like the sweet potatoes best.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2015 :  4:46:50 PM  Show Profile
Here is a picture I took on my walk this morning. A storm is brewing but not expected to arrive until tomorrow.

The strong surf washed up a lot of these:
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2015 :  4:51:32 PM  Show Profile
G - I love the picture of the storm brewing. I wonder what it will change into....

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3918 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3918 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2015 :  5:17:36 PM  Show Profile
What is that thing that washed up? It looks like a jelly fish.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2015 :  6:31:01 PM  Show Profile
Well my truck did not make that terrible sound this morning. I am so thankful!! I wish I knew what they did at the auto shop. But they are seriously on my good list.
It was 20 degrees this morning so if anything was going to happen...this morning was a good indicator.

I worked all day today. I'm in way too much pain. I redid our two store windows for winter. They look pretty darn good if I say so myself.
Tomorrow will be easier. I only work from 10 am to 3pm.

Holly, I love the comment about the chipmunk and the straw. I bet he told the whole neighborhood. Next he will be burying his winter nut supply in your greenhouse garden.

Marie, sounds like Thanksgiving went well for you. The food sounded great!

Tired. Going to veg in bed and read my magazines that came in the mail. Night all.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2015 :  7:39:44 PM  Show Profile
I'm looking back to see if my beach pics changed into Christmas cards. They are still here. Marie, I think they are jelly fish. Or man-o-war. There are hundreds of them on the beach today, washed up overnight. They are so pretty but very painful if you step on one and there are lots of tiny ones. I worry about the children running barefoot.

Sounds like everyone had a good thanksgiving. We had a funny one. Lots of mishaps, last minute changes of plans. But it all turned out ok. Dd leaves at 7 in the morning, we will check out at 11. Was a good time.

Bunny I hope your truck stays fixed. Hope you can save lots of money and get situated where you want to be. I am sorry you are not feeling well, but I know it takes me several days to get over a trip. Ibuprofen is my friend.

Edited by - doll58maker on Nov 27 2015 7:42:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2015 :  09:16:06 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, don't you just love the mailman when he/she brings you magazines. Sometimes mine is a sweetheart and brings me two or three or four.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2015 :  6:15:21 PM  Show Profile
Betty, so nice to see you here! Yes, magazines are fun. I got two free ones from Altered Couture because they lost two outfits for a bit. Thankfully they found them, but didn't use them. So they let me choose two free magazines to say they were sorry for the trouble.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly