churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2015 :  4:02:44 PM  Show Profile
That 300K is times this thread has been looked at not how many people look at it. I am in here several times a day. We could sell advertising on our blog and split it amongst us or put it into an account and agree to spend it when some one of us needs it I suppose.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2015 :  4:03:29 PM  Show Profile
Seriously, we are an amazing group. I'm not surprised.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2015 :  4:09:47 PM  Show Profile
300k views... I need to use this more efficiently to market my etsy creations.

So, here are my two shameless attempts for today.

I had fun making them. I have three of the purses in my store. I want to use one sooo bad! The top even fits me. But I can't have it all.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2015 :  4:51:00 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

frost on the leaves in the field

Mrs Orpington and her babies settling in for the night. Yes, they are sleeping on top of her. They are about 40 inches off the floor. I do not know how the chicks get up so high.

Oh, we could be a side show but it looks like we are close to being the main attraction. It would be interesting to find out what we write about that is so interesting.

That is a huge tree. Is it one trunk? I find it interesting that the lower branches are still alive. Around here a tree that big would have all of the lower branches dead.

I guess by now G that you have the fur babies. Did they wee on your foot when they saw you? lol

Bunny you are a true asset to your boss. I hope she appreciates all of your talents. I am glad she is generous with the bonuses.

I have most of the plywood up in the mudroom hallway. No fist will punch a hole through it in a fit of anger. Slowly teen proofing the house.

C went potato picking today. She and three of the boys picked 692 pounds of potatoes. They will get us through the winter. The potato farm a couple of towns over has one day a year when the community comes and picks. They have the potato digging rig go down a row and then the people pick the tomatoes. I think they charge 22 cents a pound on this day. It is a good trip for us.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2015 :  4:56:33 PM  Show Profile
So now that the page has flipped to post my post I see that Marie's logic and Bunny's bright and cheery creations.

Yes, it is how many people have read not how many people there are but even if each of us looked everyday 3 times it does not multiply up to the number of views. We are maybe a dozen women and the reads are in the hundreds each day. Go figure. I would like to use the advertising money to rent hotel rooms and book flights so we could visit for a weekend in person and yuck it up big time.

Hugs.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2015 :  4:56:55 PM  Show Profile
Holly, I love that there are so many cost effective opportunities for food in your area. How wonderful to pick potatoes for so cheap!

Mar, that tree is enormous! Looks good and sturdy too. Do the horses hide in the lower branches?

Time to head upstairs and do some crocheting. I'm crocheting a rug for a friend In exchange for hair coloring. She offered to pay me And she always does my hair for free. But I think she will go for this deal.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2015 :  7:00:54 PM  Show Profile
I wonder how people have the TIME to view us so often. It's like with being an author--if you're really LIVING life, you have almost no time to write. At least, that's my excuse.
That is one big Christmas tree. It almost looks like a make-believe scene with a toy horse. I know trees get big out west--a Douglas fir can top 200 feet. I'm glad the trees around here don't get that big--think of all the damage they'd do when a tornado comes through.
Holly--love the little chicks with their mama. Glad you've got enough firewood to last until forever. Digging for potatoes sounds fun. I'm considering doing a straw bale garden in my front yard next spring. I have a small raised bed and it would allow me to not invest a lot and I could see how it turns out. There are always so many weeds that come up in that bed that I can't keep it weed-free. The straw bales would smother the weeds.
Bunny--I like the colors in the top--makes it stand out. Reminds me I haven't done any embroidery for a long time. Maybe I can do some this winter.
A huge red-tailed hawk was in my neighbor's back yard this evening. It had caught a squirrel and was on the ground feeding. I saw it and inched closer to get a look. It flew to a nearby fence so I grabbed my cell phone and got some pictures. Unfortunately, they didn't turn out good. It flew away so now I'm going to warn my neighbors with cats and small dogs that there is a BIG hawk flying around. My neighbor across the street has a six-pound Yorkie and another neighbor has a Chihuahua. it was a beautiful sight to behold--its
legs were cloaked in white feathers and it just seemed so fearless and royal.
I drove up the River Road today and saw something I hadn't seen before-- a man parasailing on the Mississippi. It looked like fun. I don't know if there's any place around here that offers it or if the person was just doing it with a friend.
I'm going to see if I can see the "blood moon" tonight but there was cloud cover earlier so I don't know if I'll see anything or not. Hope ya'll can see it.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2015 :  7:15:54 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 19 2019 3:41:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2015 :  7:19:15 PM  Show Profile
We used to have a pair of red tailed Hawks but haven't seen them for a few years now. They really are huge. Wonderful to watch them soar.

Yes, I realized the number meant how many looks, but you must never let facts get in the way of a good story.
Go to Top of Page

Ozark Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

130 Posts

130 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2015 :  8:12:09 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - Ozark Farmgirl on Sep 27 2015 10:57:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2015 :  05:11:25 AM  Show Profile
Hello Monday. Finished sock number 1 of my Christmas knitting - will cast on number 2 this morning. I am putting vegetable beef soup in the slow-cooker this morning. Did almost all the laundry yesterday so I have lots of time to "play" today. We couldn't see the big eclipse for the trees and clouds. Some people around here could, but being in the woods has some downside.

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2015 :  11:04:46 AM  Show Profile
Another day's post has come and gone and I still have no death sox. There are only about 35 of us left from the original 140 or so...never expected to last this long, for sure. Now it is a mystery. Where is my sniper? Will I get sox to complete for another target? Back to my ironing.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2015 :  11:20:51 AM  Show Profile
Marilyn, what happens if you win?
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2015 :  1:55:28 PM  Show Profile
Awwwww, my computer is cranky. I hope it will feel better when dd's boyfriend comes to visit on Friday. He must get tired of me saying, "Jason! It's so nice to see you!" And then handing him my latest technological disaster. But, that is what he does... And he's good at it. Every family needs one of those these days.

G, I love it. Never let the facts get in the way of a good story!

Bunny, your latest are great. Keep posting. We like to see your products. It makes it easy for me! And if anyone else minds seeing Bunny's Daily Featured Item. They can....go.

We got to see the Blood Moon. Looked like every other lunar eclipse I have seen. I saw all these colorized photos online of the "blood" moon. Still, pretty cool.

Had a 7:45 am appointment today for mom. The pressure in her eye is lower and the doctor is happy about that. She is happy that he said she could stop taking the pill that was making her so queasy. I am super happy about it, too, because I felt like we were losing ground. Mom wasn't eating and her reserves were pretty low! I made some soup for her this morning. I do hope it will appeal to her.

I think I will go play outside!

Mar
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2015 :  2:02:37 PM  Show Profile
Mar, glad MIL is doing better. No fun to feel sick and not eat. Soup sounds wonderful. I"m afraid I'm the tech disaster fixer upper here. Scary huh.

I forgot to look at the moon until it was too late. Oh well.

Holly, I can't believe you have frost already!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2015 :  2:48:25 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 19 2019 3:42:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2015 :  2:53:31 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 19 2019 3:43:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2015 :  5:09:57 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I guess if you have rocks then you should build with them. I love the look of rock buildings. i would like to know how to do it. I believe that the people who built those buildings did it with a string and plumb bob and not sliding frame. A great skill to be able to make a wall that goes straight up instead of a wobbly wall. I am glad you are sharing your pictures with us. Traveling vicariously.

Mar I would like a person to solve my technical issues who knows what he is doing. You are so very lucky. I am glad MIL is healing. A big sigh of relief....

For all of you who missed the eclipse. Here is a brief glimpse of it rising through the trees.

and while it is being eclipsed

I finished putting up the plywood in the hallway to the mudroom. I believe that no angry teenage boy or girl for that matter can put his fist through it now. People tell me it looks nice. I think it needs a coat of paint but I have other things to do for now so that task will wait unless some other member of my family rises to the occasion. I was thinking of decoupaging pictures to the wall or painting on picture frames and hanging the boy's artwork in them on a rotating basis.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2015 :  5:43:48 PM  Show Profile
Ladies,

Last night Lowell and I went to Zappa Plays Zappa at a club near the University of Minnesota. Dweezil is Frank Zappa's son. He had a 6 piece band of very good musicians playing old Frank Zappa stuff. There were lots of older folks attending and many young people too. I didn't get a picture because the place was too dark.

This morning Mitzi found a young squirrel in the neighbor's yard that was injured. While I was in the house getting a box she guarded it.

I put warm water in two glass jars and wrapped them in some fabric to keep it warm. Before I did that, it was going into shock and I thought it had died. We took it to a wildlife rehabilitation center. It should be just fine.

This is what happened three years ago in a summer storm. This happened in our neighborhood.

Just one block away from our place.

Most trees in the city have shallow roots.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.

Edited by - churunga on Sep 28 2015 5:55:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2015 :  06:31:43 AM  Show Profile
G -- If I won, I would probably keel over from all the giddy excitement (my life is so drab - ha ha ha). Actually, the last knitter standing wins a whole BUNCH of really nice sock yarn from the contest sponsors and other spinners/dyers. It's probably about a $300 package. For a sock knitter, it's a really wonderful prize. Also knowing that you won would be a very cool thing. They have us divided up into Platoons, and my Red Platoon is doing very well in the contest. There will be other prizes awarded besides the Last Knitter Standing. I have never stayed alive this long. This morning I had an e-mail from a knitter in California...she had been killed off by MY target, so she was sending her sox in progress to my target in Canada...then my dead target will have to send them down to me...then I have to finish the second sock (which is done just through the heel) and send them on to their final intended target...who happens to be in FINLAND!!! Oh my goodness -- those will be well-traveled sox! So just looking at the postal times, etc., I will probably get taken out before I get those to work on, and it wouldn't surprise me to see the Finnish gal be Last Knitter Standing, but you never know.

Love love LOVE the pictures from Scotland. I really like the look of the narrow old streets.

Mar -- Glad your MIL is improving. That is scary stuff. I have had cataracts removed from both eyes and am glad I had it done early, now that it's done. I have not had any problems to speak of -- just a couple of little floaters still in the left eye. She is lucky to have you there to care about and for her.

Holly -- Thanks for the moon pix. We couldn't see it from our place for the trees and the clouds.

I had so much trouble getting psyched up about coming to work today. Partly it's probably because it is foggy and dark outside. Warm and humid and dark. But I do get so tired of being everyone's complaint department. Geez. And it's not like I can DO anything about most of it. Some days I want to hang a sign around my neck that says "I REALLY DO NOT CARE." But that would be wrong, wouldn't it? ha ha Sigh. So back to being grateful that I have a job. And on we go...l

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2015 :  07:31:37 AM  Show Profile
Yes, Marilyn, that would be wrong. It should be on a lovely sign beside your desk. Not around your neck.
Mar
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2015 :  08:35:37 AM  Show Profile
G, the picture of that narrow alleyway is so beautiful. Love the pictures!

Marilyn, you never know about winning. You just may get lucky this time. Fingers crossed for you!

Holly, have you ever seen a wall covered with paper bags? It looks kinda cool. You wrinkle them up and then flatten them out for a textured look and then put them on the wall with what I can't remember. You might google it if you are interested.

Marie, poor little squirrel . He is lucky you found him and took him in. The Zappa concert sounds like fun. Nice his son is able to carry on his music. He was a rather interesting guy.

Being the treasurer for the community concert association, I honest to our first concert of our season last night. It was the Diamonds. They are an old 60's group. Although one of the members is young enough to be my son. But he sounds just like Frankie Valley. It was a good concert though. I probably would have enjoyed the Zappa one more. More my era. They were very nice guys...very classy and humble.

Time for work....yay... (Said in a weak voice.) pants hemming day! I am the official pants hemmer at the shop and I have a large pile to do.

Later all!!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2015 :  08:37:52 AM  Show Profile
Good grief. Autocorrect you are so fired!!! How can the word "went " end up as the word "honest" ??

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2015 :  11:18:27 AM  Show Profile
Live music is still fun, no matter what genre, right?

I did the crinkled paper bags applied with Mod Podge on a cardboard box. It looks like leather. Don't know how it would wear long term. The crinkles look like the veins in rawhide.

How's the squirrel doing?

Today is the first day we haven't had to hit the ground at a dead run upon waking. It feels nice to be schlepping around the house in a sweatshirt (pink for Pink Out for Planned Parenthood Day) and leggings. dnA will be here after school, but I think that will be the most effort I will have to put forth today.

I shared with you that Mom's medicine made her very queasy and that the doctor eliminated that medication from her arsenal yesterday. She is feeling much better and after not eating much for four days settled on tuna for her first meal. Wow. She does love her mayonnaise. But, still. I was thinking the soup I made or scrambled eggs...

Marilyn, I sure hope you can score a prize this year! Free yarn. What could be better than that?

Mar
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page