doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2015 :  6:49:48 PM  Show Profile
You gals really crack me up! So funny-- Marie, I think you should just go ahead and kill Lowell and get it over with. (Laughing). Seriously, you will breeze through the surgery. He will probably surprise you and really take good care of you. You know just when we are ready to give up on them, they will do something unexpected and save their sorry a** one more time.

Mar, I hope you get your pain management squared away and get your new doctor properly trained. I keep going all the way back to my old doctor just to keep from having to break a new one in.

Cindy, my dd still has that awful crud. She has finally promised me she will go to the doctor on Monday. I'm glad you are finally better.

Wow, oh, wow, Marilyn--you are one brave woman. I think if I saw my own bone sticking out I would faint dead away. I guess I have the needle phobia too, for I have never ever watched the needle go in, not ever, with having raised two children. I think if I ever actually looked, I'd faint. I always, always look away til it's over.

I'm wondering how Betty from Pasco is doing. Bunny, you know you always sell the most during the last quarter of the year. I have heard that's true of all retail sales.
I don't see anything from Steph lately. Seems like a few missing in action here.

Oh, I think it's goddess of the Iris? I've been gone too long. Or still too tired to think clearly. Today we had so much to do. B is snoozing on the sofa now. We are both still so tired. We had to drive all the way into the city to get B to a doctor for a twenty minute visit. Took the whole afternoon. They gave him a third prescription to try. Wellbutrin, I think it's called. I think it might work.

The return trip from Scotland was not so bad. We got up at 5 and got to the airport at 6 am. Went from Edinburgh To JFK, so that's where we went through customs. It was so easy. They were so nice and laid back--- that was really unexpected. After Heathrow, I was braced for at least two hours of pure misery, but it wasn't that bad. Then a four hour layover, then on to Austin - caught the shuttle bus home and by the time we went to bed we had only been up about 24 hours.

The trip was really amazing and B has a wonderful family. We covered a large part of the country while we were there. Too much to cover here, and I wouldn't know where to begin. We saw several castles, but there were many that we did not see. We saw Melrose Place and the home of Sir Walter Scott toward the end of the trip, lots of beautiful scenery. Most of the photos are on B's camera or on his sister's camera, as she is the real professional photographer. I hope to get them all on my computer within the next few days and sort through them.

Tomorrow we make the four hour round trip to get the fur babies. They will probably be relieved to get home too. Then maybe we can all get some rest, I can post a few pictures and tell a few stories before I forget.

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 24 2015 6:59:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2015 :  7:04:18 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 25 2015 11:36:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2015 :  9:23:15 PM  Show Profile
G, so glad to have you home! Hope you can rest up and tell us all about it when you are ready. We missed you.

Steph is probably packing up her house getting ready for her move.

Long day at work. But we had a good day and because of sales I get a $90.00 bonus. Yay!!!

Time for bed. Nite all.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2015 :  03:55:42 AM  Show Profile
Great picture! So glad you got to see the auld sod...one of my dreams to visit Scotland someday. Also northern Germany.

Congrats on the bonus, Bunny. I think that maybe your business will pick up in the fall, too. People are just too busy and hot to think about wearing clothes in the summertime, but get to nesting in the fall.

Glad that fall is finally here, myself. Pink sky this morning and you know what that means. Our boat goes into winter storage on October 15 - that's when the marina closes for the year. We usually go out on Sundays, but last night Dude said that if we get a nice day ANY day, we will just close up shop and take off for the river. This estate business is really wearing him out and he wants to get as much floaty therapy as possible. He worked all day at the SILs place with the guy who is buying all the old Model A car parts. Today after work he has to meet the guy out there again to finish up. I told him I would drive myself to work today so I could just come home - I am NOT going to go out and sit with her while they work.

Time to get up and get moving. Have a great day, Goddesses!,

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2015 :  05:15:09 AM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 19 2019 3:35:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2015 :  05:18:38 AM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 19 2019 3:36:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2015 :  05:24:41 AM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 19 2019 3:35:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2015 :  11:44:02 AM  Show Profile
I was reading some postings on the Sock Sniper page and see that there is a pair of sox that was knit by a gal in Chicago. She then mailed them off to their target in Finland. She kept watching the tracking information, and soon saw that for SOME reason, the sox had arrived in Poland, of all places!!! Well, after a few days and some very real worry that the sox would be lost forever, she saw that they had returned to Chicago. Now they have set out again -- hopefully they will reach Finland at some point. Made me wonder if my incoming sox are having some of those same issues. I know that my now-dead target was supposed to be receiving unfinished sox to complete, but I don't know if they have reached her yet. Then she will have to turn around and mail them to me to complete. That could take some time, with the Canadian post being what it is. And on the other end, if my sniper got killed off before she got my sox done, she would have had to mail them to the sniper who killed her, and that starts a whole chain reaction up the road. Sigh. This could be a long contest, but the longer I stay alive, I guess the better that is. I was hoping to get some more sox to complete so that I would have another "kill," but that doesn't seem to be in the cards.

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2015 :  4:49:57 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

The sock contest sounds like it takes a leader with fortitude to keep track of all the players and their sox. How frustrating for the woman in Chicago. So, maybe your sox are zig zagging around the world. It would be nice if each person who handled them added a note so you would know where they had traveled.

Are the walls on that castle deteriorating because of erosion or were they knocked by cannonballs or catapults in battle? So many stones put in place to make a place that big. I have read that it is very expensive for the families to keep up the castles. The hills are still so green even this late in the year.

Are you keeping a list of the B's behaviors so you can know if they are getting better or easier to deal with? Not that you need one more bit of paperwork or head work to do.

I blocked up the last tree that I have down for this year. Then the man we barter the splitter with called and asked if he could use it this weekend. So, I finished splitting the bit that was there. Now the splitting is all done. Hopefully this weekend we will put the wood in the barn and be done with it for this year. The man with the splitter is so very jealous that we are a year ahead. It is a fantasy of his that they will be too. He says next year he will build a wood shed so he does not have to dig down into the snow to get his wood each day. I am so glad I do not need to to that. little blessings.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2015 :  7:42:29 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 19 2019 3:37:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2015 :  04:47:58 AM  Show Profile
Holly - I know they say that heating with wood warms you twice, but I think you ought to be warm enough to last through until next July! I love the pictures of your homestead and I think we all get a little vicarious thrill hearing about all you do. Nice to get that thrill sans the blisters and aching muscles! Ha.

Today is that blessed blessed Saturday when I am not hurrying to get ready to leave the house and can be allllll on my own for a few hours. I told Dude the other day that I really would like a whole week to just NOT have to listen to people lying and complaining and just stay here and knit. So I am trying to find a good week to take off. No vacation trip or anything - just home. Sounds heavenly

Farmgirl #6318
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2015 :  10:03:31 AM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 19 2019 3:38:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2015 :  11:59:56 AM  Show Profile
Castles!!! What fun. Who doesn't want to see one?

Holly, you have got to be the envy of everyone with a wood burning device. An entire year ahead! Now,all you have to do is keep ahead. I don't know if a few air holes would be terrible in the green house. I guess it is a matter of how many and how big...

Marilyn, enjoy your solitude. I am enjoying mine right now. dh just headed out to get...something, don't remember (or care) what. A staycation is perfect in my book. The secret is you have to let everyone think you are actually going somewhere so they don't stop by!

I'm tired. It has been a heck of a week. Mom's cataract surgery was Wednesday. She is fine. But, it did not go well. Her cataract was dense, shattered, a piece pierced the membrane in the back of the pocket into which the surgeon was going to place the lens, and the shard floated into the back of her eye. The surgeon had to deal with that injury, as well as having to place the lens differently and also having to give mom three stitches along her pupil because the cataract was so dense it damaged the pupil as well. Moral of the story: DO NOT WAIT to have cataract surgery. The fifteen minute surgery took over an hour, mom's bp spiked and was an issue. Here's the worst part: She felt and remembers EVERYTHING. She looked like she had been through a war when we were able to see her in recovery. The surgeon was worried about the pressure in her eye increasing over night so we were back at his office at 7:30 the next morning for him to check it. Mom was very nauseated due to the increased pressure in her eye. He relieved it and she immediately felt and looked much better. She is still very tired and taking it slow. We go back on Monday at 7:45 for him to check her pressure again. If the pressure rises, she could lose her vision in that eye. I think we are almost out of the woods. The doctor cancelled the surgery for the cataract in the other eye. He said it would take her at least a month to recuperate from this one... And then she can decide if she wants to even do the other one. Poor thing. Now we have drops every four hours and drops twice a day and oral meds twice a day at two different times...We are in and out of her place all day with medication. And so far, we have only messed it up once! Took both dh and I to look over the instructions and still do it wrong, but there ya go!

I, too, have a hankering to knit some socks! But, I am still sticking to fairly square and rectangular projects! I'm chicken.

So, glad you are home, G. Bunny, I bet you put a few of those bonus bucks into your california fund!! Good for you.

mar
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2015 :  12:57:39 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 19 2019 3:39:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2015 :  2:00:37 PM  Show Profile
Get it done, G. Here's the quote of the day from mom. She looks down at herself and said, "marianne? This shirt is blue and purple on this side." It was blue and purple all over, of course. She had always thought it was black and beige. Looking thru both eyes, straight down at herself she could close one eye and then the other...
Mar
Go to Top of Page

Ozark Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

130 Posts

130 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2015 :  3:50:14 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - Ozark Farmgirl on Sep 27 2015 10:58:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2015 :  5:55:03 PM  Show Profile
G, so glad you are home and everything is going along as usual. I'm sure your son's visit will wear you out but how nice they are able to come. Glad you are able to get out and do some gardening.

The castles do look so interesting. All the history and people that lived in them.

Mar, how terrible for MIL. She is so lucky to have the two of you to care for her. Just think how much more tramatic it would have been if she was in a retirement home somewhere. I bet having you both around I helps keep some of the stress at bay.

Steph!!! Moving, yay. Let us know when you get settled! We want pictures too.

Holly, what a good feeling to have all that wood in. I can remember a few winters I did not have enough and had to be very frugal. Not so much fun. I didn't have the too,s to do it myself or the money to pay anyone.

Well, the batteries in my truck went dead. Something is bleeding the power from them. So the local shop came and tried to jump me. It did t work. By the way diesel trucks take two batteries to start. So he took them out and put them in my moms trunk and I took them too the shop to be charged. Since I had bought my batteries there, there was no charge for that. I replaced them this morning but didn't connect them up yet. I called a repair shop hoping they can help find the problem, but they can't get to it until Wednesday. So nest week, I'll hook it back up and take it down to the shop, unhook the batteries again and wait. So much for my bonus!
I spent today fixing my moms leaky faucets in the bathroom. After four trips to the hardware store, I got it done. They were so helpful and patient with me. Cost....$1.76 and a $16.00 new wrench. No biggie.

Not sure if I wrote about a top I ordered for myself from another upcycled from Poland. I admire her work so much and really need a bit of a change in my styles. So I ordered her top. It fits great and I love it! Then I made another one with the same basic style to teach myself. I like that her colors are so vibrant. My things are very subdued compared to hers. I need to punch things up a bit.
Hopefully I will get it one my new store at UpcyclePost.com. I'm still not happy with the website but I know they are working on making some changes. I keep [bleep]ing and they keep promising they are working to make things better.

Well, the plumbing wore me out and I'm in need of some rest. Back to sewing tomorrow!

Later everyone.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2015 :  6:00:49 PM  Show Profile
Autocorrect had a party at my expense with my post. Hopefully you can figure everything out. I do know how to spell and the difference between to and too. Autocorrect does not apparently.

Oh and Marilyn, I think your me time is long called for. The shop will not close down if you take a day here or there.

Oh, and my sister got a part time job at JCPennys. So it will be nice to have her out making some money. So far it has been ok. I lay low and try to stay out of the way. Her and my mom can get pretty annoying. Thank god for headphones.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2015 :  6:28:53 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

WOW Mar that is awful. MIL must have been terrified because the doctors must talk during the surgery as well so she heard all of the oopses. I hope it heals well and she keeps her sight.

Marilyn I think having a day at home alone in the house is true decadence. I can't remember when I have been home alone doing what I want. I hope you get the time you want and need.

Steph I will miss you until you can get set up to type again.

I tried to upload a picture of the frost but it would not work.

I will try to post this now and hope that it does,

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2015 :  12:42:01 PM  Show Profile
Time on the front porch to visit with my goddesses. Or as jet lagged G would say, my irises! I read that post and thought, "She's exhausted." And now you are looking at two weeks of company? Are they staying with you?

Holly I hope you can get the frost photo loaded. We are supposed to hit eighty one degrees tomorrow.

Bunny, I had the same thought about your bonus when you described your battery problem...but, at least you have the money! I like your colors and your combinations. I suppose it is good for you to push the barriers.

Mom is having improvement in her sight but is still a bit queasy from the medicine. Although she was a nurse, she doesn't make a very good patient...
Matt

Edited by - rough start farmgirl on Sep 27 2015 12:44:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2015 :  12:42:38 PM  Show Profile

[/quote]

Edited by - rough start farmgirl on Sep 27 2015 12:44:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2015 :  1:16:06 PM  Show Profile

This is that big tree I told you I thought has a huge trunk. Yes, that if a quarter horse standing in front of it.
Mar
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2015 :  1:17:20 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 19 2019 3:40:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2015 :  1:18:16 PM  Show Profile
Are we entertaining enough?
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2015 :  1:18:38 PM  Show Profile
Wow, Mar--that is a great photo. Incredible!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page