Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2014 :  08:14:23 AM  Show Profile
Well I got one sale last night...dress going to France!!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2014 :  08:16:10 AM  Show Profile
Wowie! Zowie!

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2014 :  4:48:02 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

GG I am glad you have options for a place to live and the financial security to be able to explore those options. Is the place with three golf courses condos?

Jan I bet you are exhausted from the yard sale. I hope you sold everything you had and made a little bit of travel money to boot.

Congratulations Bunny on another sale. I hope they keep up at a steady rate. What a relief that would be.

Mar I hope the sale of MIL 's house is progressing. Is the chocolate man tired of it all yet? How about some extra eyelashes for yellow dog?

Apparently here in Vermont the companies that deal in refillable credit cards have pulled them because the state legislature made a rule that the companies could only charge a certain amount for each transaction. I guess the companies were not happy with their restrictions. So, ddK has gone to NH to purchase a card because one of her friends said they would put money on it so they could go shopping. I am very skeptical about this arrangement. I have a hard time imagining that her friend who has three children with another on the way is going to put $200 on a card for her to go shopping. We are worried that someone is trying to set her up or take advantage of her lack of experience and hurt her. She is not willing to believe that she could be duped.

I dragged some wood over to a cutting place. The trees were windfalls and large broken branches. I got the chain saw running but it needs to be sharpened so I only cut a little. Maybe tomorrow.

We celebrated DsR's seventh birthday today. It is another day but today was convenient. He was very happy with his gifts.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2014 :  5:01:29 PM  Show Profile
My sale does not start until this Thursday, until Tuesday, so will be 6 days. I am hoping to sell lots, I have 3 sets of china, and lots of blown glass pieces that are expensive, plus my dining room table was $739.00. I don't know what I will get for that. My son came over today and we filled up his Tahoe with all kinds of stuff I gave him so he can sell in his store. He will be taking all that does not sell in my sale, so we will have 10 days after the sale to clear out here.
I called the landlord today to let them know that they can show the house to the person that wanted to see it. She no longer wants it. They could have let me know so I did not break my neck trying to get the house presentable for showing. He said to just take our time. Watch, they will call tomorrow now.
20 more days!!!!
Have a great evening,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2014 :  6:48:55 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Bunny
Good for the sale but Bad BP! That is stroke level. You need to try to control your interaction and response to your mother. I know easier said than done. When she is wild, hang up, walk away put headphones on. Anything to try and stay calm.She knows how to trip your trigger and apparently does so often. You change the pattern. It's not worth a stroke. I've been in that situation and when I finally didn't allow being treated that way, things changed. I was able to get rid of a BP med and I refuse to negotiate any abuse from anyone. I know you live in her house but that doesn't allow for verbal abuse. You may need to talk to your doctor and explain the situation so they can evaluate your meds again. Good luck!

GG
Perfect solution. That is what I would do if my husband would agree. I'll be stuck in the woods forever. My house is to big and I can't handle it all anymore. Oh well! We all get to that point in our life, don't we?

Mar
My husband has been dragging me to Lowe's, Lumber liquidators, Ace hardware etc. looking for paint, flooring etc. We had a roof leak last winter that was a nightmare. It should be finished in about 2 weeks! I'm to old for this! LOL!

Jan
Almost over. Just breathe. Then you'll be on the road.

Later ladies.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2014 :  7:13:25 PM  Show Profile
Well, I guess my SIL got back to Texas and is now in the hospital there. Still not sure if the insurance is paying for it--the trip--luckily my brother and SIL both have VERY good incomes. Even though they do shop at Wal-Mart. They don't spend their money frivolously.
Bunny--congrats. on the sale! Now you're an international designer. Could Paris be next? ;)
Jan--if I lived up north I'd come to your sale. I'd also be trying my hardest to get away for the winter. I could deal with the summers.
Holly--your ddK's friend probably can get her a card. I knew a woman who worked part-time, lived in public housing, had two kids (never married) and she was bragging about having 4 credit cards. And a $900.00 dining room set. I don't even have a dining room. I don't think it's fair that someone on public assistance can have an expensive dining room set--when I was growing up, we ate in the kitchen. I guess that's not good enough anymore. Anyway, credit is easy to get. The lenders want you to go into debt--that's why I no longer have any credit cards. I owed quite a bit but I have more than half of it paid off and will have it all paid off in three more years. And when I do, I will NOT be getting any more credit cards. They still send me applications, which go straight to the shredder. Besides, I read that the "high" you get from buying new shoes, or a coat, or whatever, only lasts for seventeen minutes.
I buried Koko in the backyard. I did some reading and think he may have had diabetes. He drank a lot of water but he seemed fine up until the end. He couldn't balance on his perch very well Friday night but he was eating food out of my hands. His wings kept drooping and I knew he was dying. At least he went quickly. I miss him.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2014 :  9:34:14 PM  Show Profile
Darlene, most of the time I can deal with my mom. I think she is just worried about getting old and being around someone to help her when she can't do the things she can now. She has always been a hypochondriac and she knows my sister will help her more than I will. She just panics and lashes out. I really need to be in a better financial situation so I'm not relying on her.

Cindy, I'm glad KoKo did not suffer. We have all lost pets, they are our family. I hope you feel better soon.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2014 :  09:33:43 AM  Show Profile
I got an interesting email this morning. It was from a lady opening a store in San francisco. She wanted to know if I would be interested in putting my clothes in the store on consignment. What is really great about it is I have a very good friend that lives not to far away from the store. So I emailed her to go check them out. If it looks good, and I can work out the consignment issues, I will use my friend as a middle man. I can send her my dresses with an inventory list, she can take them into the store and keep an eye out to make sure nothing disappears. That way the lady has some accountability to someone local. It would be worth paying my friend to watch over things for me.
Pray this works out!! It is what I have been looking for.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2014 :  2:14:37 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, I sure hope that works out for you. You sure deserve a break. Congrats on the sales you've just made! I'm really happy for you.

We loved the Del Webb Sun City No, Holly, it's not condos. It's all single family homes on small lots. It's the lifestyle I want. Golf, swimming, dancing, quilting,stained glass,foreign languages, parties, fitness centers, every class and club you could ever think of. But it is so expensive and this house is going to be so hard to sell. I of course found the dream house but can not afford it. So on top of not sleeping and having what feels like a migraine, I am discouraged. We all have our off days and looks like I'm having mine in spades today. lots of things to gripe about today so be thankful this is a public forum.

The weather is so nice. Its a little warm in the house but I'm trying to keep the air conditioners off.

Hope you are all having a great day.

GG

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 15 2019 8:17:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2014 :  2:37:31 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, so happy for you. Maybe you will sell lots right away and be able to move there and have a steady income. Wouldn't that be wonderful?
GG, I guess you need to get your place up for sale and hope it sells fast. You never know. Hope your dream comes true very soon. We all get in bad moods, and it seems the more you try not to be crabby, the worse it gets. It is only human.
Later,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2014 :  3:29:54 PM  Show Profile
GG, too bad about the migraine. Music always helps me get out of a bad mood. I sure hope you can find a way to move there. Sounds like the place would be perfect for both of you.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2014 :  4:49:15 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Bunny
How did the lady know about you? The magazine? Awesome. If it works out it could be your ticket out.

GG
Keep looking and maybe you will find something you can afford. They have them around here but are very expensive too. I could never afford to live there either.

Jan
Got your address. Mailing check in AM. The yoyo's will decorate my prayer pillows so you will be all over the place in Pa! Happy to get them. Thank you.

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2014 :  5:30:21 PM  Show Profile
She found me on Etsy.
My friend went by but they are not open yet. It is a new store. Very glad I have a friend to watch out for me there. I have been a bit leary of doing consighnment. I have know people who have things disappear or be sold and the owner says it was stolen.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2014 :  8:25:46 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 15 2019 8:20:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2014 :  8:33:42 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 15 2019 8:20:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2014 :  10:41:17 PM  Show Profile
Hmmm,..your last post makes me wonder what you offered b on the porch before you corrected the auto-correct,g!

Bunny, it would be exciting to be in a band New store. Good luck. Hope things remain calm with your mom.
Jan, your countdown continues.
G. The Del Webb community sounds very nice. Are all the activities only open to residents?

I'm at dd's house for a quick overnight stay. She has an interview tomorrow and I could help her before it. I'm getting sleepy. Night all,
Mar
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2014 :  11:19:03 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Sep 15 2019 8:22:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2014 :  11:33:53 PM  Show Profile
This was my mom's fourth husband. She didn't even love him. He was just a meal ticket. They got married and divorced a few times. He has been at the VA hospital for the last ten years. They don't have any kids together but my sister lived with him and my mom from 16 on. Her kids knew him as their grandpa. He was a ham radio operator. Pretty much all he cared about and did. He was pretty useless other than that. He looked like a big bullfrog.

She has been playing up the grieving widow with the church. She even is having the air force color guard come down from Washington for the funeral. They will do their thing and present her with the American flag. She says it is for his two daughters. But they could care less. They didn't really like him either. He cheated on their mom and left them with her when they were young. He left his next wife for my mom. He has another daughter from another fling. But my mom can't find her. He got around.

I'm laying low and doing my best to stay out of the way.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2014 :  04:32:27 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone,

Yesterday was a gorgeous day. I worked on clearing a space outside the sugar shed for wood to burn when C is sugaring this spring. We have always used the cord wood for the house. This year we are going to try to use the waste wood from the logging adventures.
My chain saw was too dull to cut anything of any substance. I tried to sharpen it twice but learned again that I am no good at it and don't know how to fix my lack of skill. I am taking it to my neighbor today who is a great sharpener. We'll laugh a lot while he is filing the points.

My father married his second wife for ..........being available and having an income. She adored him. He told my sister he married the first time for love. I think he loved her eventually. His second wife never wanted anything to do with his children. I think after he died she has learned we were not a threat but and asset. Too bad for her she learned too late.
Some people are not meant to be married for love. I think that there should be some sort of legal union for people who want to marry for the monetary benefits and have it recognized as such. Why have the sham of a marriage if there is no kindness or love?

I was going to work on planting the garlic and putting up a new raised bed today. The clouds are dark and the wind is gusting. I think I will find a different series of tasks to keep me occupied.

I think Bunny that you need to write a contract for the consignment shop that details your expectations for her and her responsibilities to you and your merchandise. Then you should pick out the items that have been in your shop the longest and send them. Just my two cents. Include in the contract get out clauses for both of you.

Have a nice day with some moments of joy.

Holly
farmgirl #2499

Edited by - Tall Holly on Oct 07 2014 5:43:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2014 :  08:58:53 AM  Show Profile
Holly, I agree on the contract. I had one for sellers in my shop. That way everyone knows what is expected of them. Actually, I would rather her pick the items she thinks would most likely sell. Her store is new and will evolve of course. But she probably has a better idea of her target customer than I do. My biggest fear is her marking the prices up past my recommendation and not paying me the extra. But I'll have a friend that can keep that in line.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2014 :  5:53:53 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Today started out rainy and dark. It started to clear up about 10 and kept getting better and clearer until we had quite a lovely day.

In the afternoon I went to my friend's house and he sharpened my saw. I came home and cut up three logs. I have not done any cutting of logs in such a long time. It involves bending over and holding the chain saw as it cuts down through the log. The bending over and paying attention that it does not buck up and slice my head or drop down too quickly and slice off a piece of my foot is what takes the energy. I do wear a helmet and chaps. I am always very careful. But I did do the gel caps of champions before I went to Tai Chi. (advil)

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2014 :  8:31:16 PM  Show Profile
Holly, you are such a mountain woman! I use to do such things but no more. Thank the creator for magic gel caps.

My step fathers two daughter got here today. His youngest and I use to live together and get along very well. It was so nice to see both of them. I'm having breakfast with them tomorrow morning while everyone else is at the viewing. I don't do viewings. Neither do my stepsisters. Then around 11am is the graveside service. Air Force color guard and a new addition... An odd fellows ceremony. Then poem readings.... I hate funerals. I told my kids to cremate me, did a hole in the forest, dump me in and plant a tree. If they need to, they can put up a sign. But no funeral stuff. I don't have that many friends anyway.

Haven't heard from the lady with the store. I will call her later on in the week after everything calms down. I don't want to seem too eager.
Think of me tomorrow (Wednesday) going to be drama filled day. My sister already left for her friends house because she wasn't the center of attention.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2014 :  06:51:19 AM  Show Profile
Holly, I have never used a chain saw. That would be exhausting. Good for you. But, be careful!

Bunny, hope today is low stress on the home front...

G, don't give up hope. A resale home may come up that is just what you are hoping for.

Jan, tomorrow is the Big Sale! Good luck. Hope you get some good rest tonight.

Cindy, I hope you are doing ok. I know you are missing Koko.

Darlene, I hope you are getting a break from some trips to the home improvement stores. I am still making the rounds, but the weather will change soon!

Dd had an interview yesterday that she had to bring a "model" to. It had been scheduled, cancelled, scheduled, cancelled, rescheduled and finally when we got there, the interviewer had messed up the times and thought it had been set at noon, when it was set for two o'clock... Dd had set up with a friend to be the "model" but, with all the plan changes, I ended up doing it. That was fine with me, of course. But, it would have been better suited to someone younger. Nevertheless, it went very well.

And I got to see dd and yellow dog. They both looked good! Yesterday morning, I heard dd get up and Sammie followed her out of their room crying. She was in some pain. Sammie went directly to dd and looked at her as if to say, "Make it go away." Dd said, "What do I do?" I told her I thought Sammie needed to just walk it out. Sammie is eight years old and she is starting to feel her mornings after fetch. So, as hard as it may be, her fetching must be limited for her own good. So sad. But, it was great to see them.

Our leaves are starting to turn some really gorgeous colors. It is a great time of the year! We enjoyed our first loaf of pumpkin bread last week.

I hope you are all well and have a lovely day,
Mar
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2014 :  12:48:49 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Mar
The trips are slowly coming to an end. Need to pick a stain if that's what we use on the trim. Hubby changes his mind from stain to paint. At this point I really don't care. I just want it finished. I have been without steps from my kitchen down to my dining room for weeks. Today the steps were built! Now I can access my deck again! I'm to old for this commotion. I picked a color to paint the walls that I Never thought I would pick. It's called Buttered Yam. I say it's a spicey orange! Yikes! The ceiling and trim is Speckled Egg. I hope I like it as much when it's on the walls. I look at the all the fall colors and know I can add many colors to it. Greens, gold, brown, cranberry just like the trees leaves.

Bunny
Just Lay Low and keep your BP down. No drama, stay calm however you need to do it.

Holly
You must really have a strong back. That is a ton of work. Could you even stand up the next day?

Must run my dog needs to go out.

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2014 :  5:12:23 PM  Show Profile
Sigh...I feel like all I do is lose. This year has been so strange--first my car was totaled by a careless driver, then probably due to the stress I came down with pneumonia, then I hurt my knee and was off work, then I got bronchitis and can't quite shake it...and I can't get used to not hearing Koko's voice and his whistles. I have bills that are getting paid late (or not at all) because of medical expenses that I couldn't have planned for. I can no longer go to my support group cause the leader did something creepy involving my computer. Plus I'm going to see a doctor tomorrow cause I keep choking for no apparent reason and it causes me to cough and I can't breathe. Will something good, something WONDERFUL, something unexpectedly joyful ever happen again? I'm starting to wonder. OK, that's my whine for tonight.
Bunny--I listen to music that helps keep my BP down. Calm, relaxing Native American flute music, yoga music. I know it works cause I usually have low BP. It shoots up when I'm stressed. Do you have a "safe" spot where you can go where no one can bother you? Somewhere set aside with maybe a scented candle, or soft chimes?
Mar--some of the trees here have started to change. It's been cool. But now they're saying rain for the next several days. I've been dismantling my garden to get it ready for its winter sleep.
Jan--hope you're not feeling too stressed before the big sale. I know there are so many last minute things to be done. I hope you get lots of customers and sell everything (and make some money!).
Holly--Sometimes I wish I had a chainsaw, as when a huge branch falls out of my oak tree. Planning on having that tree cut down before winter--HUGE branches have fallen without warning and damaged my fence and could kill someone.
I guess my SIL has had her surgery and is now recovering. Haven't heard from my brother yet.
I know things will get better eventually, but it's hard to feel optimistic when you're having trouble breathing. And I'm a lot better now than I was three weeks ago.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page