Author Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic
Page: of 408

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2014 :  4:23:21 PM  Show Profile
Patty--what hospital is your sister at? That must have been very traumatic--glad she's on morphine. If it happened to me, I'd have freaked out. Sending prayers her way.
My SIL is in NY where she was admitted to a hospital and found out one of her heart valves needs replacing. The dr. wanted to do the surgery there in NY (she was traveling on business when she became sick) but there will be a 3-4 week recovery period--so she's trying to get an air ambulance back to Dallas. Her insurance is balking at paying for it. Her company should pay for it, since it happened on company time. she had no idea that something was wrong till she started feeling sick. She's only fifty-two. six months older than me. It's scary to think of something like that happening. Scarier still that insurance doesn't want to cover the cost of transportation. Seems like insurance wants you to pay them, but they don't want to have to pay anything out when you're sick.
Bunny--glad you made some sells. Good karma is headed your way.
I'm feeling kind of drained by all this so that's all for now. My mom, of course, is worried about my SIL so I have to be there to calm her. My dad is aware but he's just not all there due to the Alzheimer's. I've had bronchitis for the past two weeks but am doing much better now. Had a bad reaction to the antibiotic so I stopped taking it. That's when I started getting better. So much for modern medicine...
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2014 :  5:26:10 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone,
Just checking in. Today was a totally boring day and it got hot. The front is on the way, there is thunder in the distance to the north, and a beautiful sunset in the west. I tried to take a pic and post but it won't. this site is very temperamental sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Hope everyone is doing well and having a good day.

GG
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2014 :  7:33:26 PM  Show Profile
Well, so much for good karma. My stepdad just passed away. I'm sick. My mom wants to move us to Utah with my sister. This is really bad.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2014 :  7:37:44 PM  Show Profile
Bunny I hope things will settle back down. I'm so sorry for your worries.
Marianne

Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2014 :  7:41:13 PM  Show Profile
So sorry, Bunny. Tomorrow will be a better day.

GG
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2014 :  7:45:10 PM  Show Profile
Patty, I am glad that your family is continuing to recover. I hope you can get some time at home to catch your breast breath.

I was in college in the 80s. That was when the drugs of Miami vice were popular.So add those to the list you have already mentioned and you will have my list...
Holly, ddK would have helped me get some blush on Sammie, am I right? I hope your guest enjoys his stay and you enjoy his influence on ddT.
Mar
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2014 :  8:29:51 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Bunny
So sorry. One day at a time. Is this sister your stepfathers daughter? Could you move with your son in California? Hope it all works out for you.

Cindy
Scary for your SIL to be in a different state and getting that diagnosis. Insurances are a mess! Well wishes to her.

Night everyone!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2014 :  9:05:42 PM  Show Profile
Darlene, no this sister is from a different father. My mom has been married numerous times. My son in California lives with my aunt and uncle. There isn't any place for me there. I was hoping he and his father would get a place together and I could live with them. But his dad won't do it and he can't afford anything on his own. The SFO Bay Area is very expensive.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2014 :  04:47:02 AM  Show Profile
Bunny--I'm so sorry. Something will work out. Hang in there.
Cindy

"Come by the hills to the land where fancy is free; And stand where the peaks meet the sky and the rocks reach the sea.Where the rivers run clear and the bracken is gold in the sun. and cares of tomorrow must wait till this day is done"--Loreena McKennit
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2014 :  3:23:09 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, I am so sorry to hear of your step dad's passing. I am praying that everything will work out for the best for you. Hang in there and know that we are all here for you. Hug!!!!
I just got done working, what a slow day, could not wait for the day to end. Next week I will not be working, I am having my last moving sale before we leave, then the next week I will work, and that will be it. He will be taking everything that does not sell.
We sold our car, but the man that bought it will not pick it up until 3 days before we leave, so that we will have something to get around with. That was nice of him to do that for us. As long as he does not change his mind at the last minute.
GG, I price everything cheap so I can get rid of it. It is the hardest thing to do, the pricing. Look up some of your things on Ebay or Craig's list and see what people are selling theirs for, and go from there.
Hope you are all having a good weekend so far. We are supposed to get snow flurries the next few days. UGGG!!!!

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2014 :  3:28:34 PM  Show Profile
We are having a perfect day weather wise. I have all the doors and windows open. B has been on the golf course all day

Bunny, I'm thinking about you and hoping you are doing ok. Jan, I think it must be a good feeling to be free of the stuff. I've got to do it soon no matter what.

GG
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2014 :  3:43:36 PM  Show Profile
Jan,

How about price everything at $2 or $3 for everything they can fit in a grocery bag and just price the big stuff.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2014 :  6:34:44 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Today was a very lovely day here on the old hill farm. temperatures were in the fifties and low sixties. Not a cloud in the very blue sky. In the afternoon I did the last bit of brush hogging and then set it up on the blocks until next year.

Bunny I am sorry your step dad died and left your life in turmoil and uncertainty. I hope there is smooth water after the rapids.
Congratulations on the sales. I hope they keep coming.

Patty I hope your sister heals enough to be woken up soon. I think she is still able to hear so sing to her and tell funny stories.

Mar I was in college in the seventies and people did speed to get through exams but usually weed and alcohol were the only other drugs of choice available. yes, DdK would put blush on yellow dog and probably eye liner as well as a little lipstick. Yesterday she was showing me the hot colors for this week.

Cindy sorry for your Sil. She must be a hurting puppy if she can not just fly back to Texas. I read SIL and then forgot and just thought sister. When I got to the part about you being six months apart I had to pause for a few moments to think of the logistics. I have a friend who has sisters who are eight months apart. Talk about fertile.

Boring days are good. I think someone told me that a week or so ago. Enjoy the down time.

Soon, Jan, soon your life will be your own. Warm weather.

The weather guessers say we will have rain tomorrow and Sunday. It is a bummer it is on the weekend but we can sure use the rain. The pond is down about six feet. Some of the neighbors springs have gone dry. A good steady rain would be just what we need.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2014 :  7:19:17 PM  Show Profile
I'm nursing a very sick bird. Koko, my cockatiel, is twenty-one years old. He's always been healthy, but tonight he could barely sit on his perch and he was all fluffed up like he was cold. I put a heat lamp on the side of his cage and turned on my furnace. It's supposed to be cold tonight so it was time anyway. He seems to be a little better now. I think it's just old age catching up with him. cockatiels rarely live past twenty-five. He's moved with me every time I've moved and I've had him longer than any other animal. He talks and whistles but in the past few years he's shown more of a tendency to just sit there contentedly and watch what was happening in the kitchen. Yes, both my birds live in the kitchen cause it gets the most sunlight. And no, I don't have room for a table and chairs in my little kitchen. My dining table is also my craft table and is in the spare bedroom. (My yoga and craft room). My house is small so I rarely have guests over. There's not much room for them. Anyway, Koko is the sweetest bird I know. He gives kisses and is just the most contented bird I've ever seen.
I haven't heard from my brother so I don't know what the situation is with my SIL. She'll get back to Texas somehow.
It's going to be a long night. I've been sitting next to Koko's cage and sweet-talking to him. I love that little bird.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2014 :  04:19:35 AM  Show Profile
Koko passed away about an hour ago.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2014 :  06:37:29 AM  Show Profile
Cindy, so sorry you lost Koko. I know how hard it is to lose a pet, after all, they are part of our families. Just know that you gave him a good life while he was with you.
I have a busy day, so will post more later.
Have a great day,

Jan
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2014 :  09:15:04 AM  Show Profile
Cindy, so sorry about KoKo. At least you were there with him. Sounds like he lived a nice long life with someone who cared for him.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2014 :  12:20:19 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Cindy
Sorry about Koko. I'm sure you will miss him as well as the other bird missing him too. A friend lost one of her birds a few weeks ago and her other bird is pulling out his feathers now. They grieve too.

Bunny
Can you look into rent assistance? I don't know how any of that stuff works but it seems to me there should be help somewhere. We have low income church homes that are lovely. A friend of mine lost her husband at 40 and lived there after her children were grown. She has since passed. Just a thought.

Holly
We had rain today and we need it desperately also. They haven't declared a drought yet. Supposed to be cold tonight and tomorrow. Hubby said he may have to turn the furnace on and he never likes to say that! I miss my wood stove! How's your Herb class going?

Hope everyone is recovering from their injuries. Looks like a long hall in rehab.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2014 :  12:50:09 PM  Show Profile
Cindy, so sad you lost KoKo ! :(

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2014 :  1:45:07 PM  Show Profile
Darlene, I'm on the list. It's a two year wait because there are so many people in need.
My mom has settled down a bit. She was told by the bank that now that my step dad is gone, she should try for the refinance again. They said she was turned down before because his name was on the title and he was not living in the home. That will solve all our problems for now. She still wants to sell the house and move. But that would be a long time off. Thankfully she can't move in winter because of snow.

I applied at three places yesterday. I don't know that I can do the jobs. But I have to at least try. If I can't do it, it is must more ammunition for disability.

Thank God I have blood pressure meds. When I went to my rheumatologist appointment, I had just had a fight with my mom on the phone. My blood pressure was 190 over 135. That's bad. And that was on medication. I can just imagine what it was the other night. I shook for almost two days. I finally stopped shaking last night. I need to get away from her just for my health.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2014 :  1:58:45 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon everyone,

It is raining off and on today. A nice steady rain. It is chilly but not cold. I have not lit the wood stove. DdK has gone to have a weave put in her hair. The woman who does it is a student at the local military college. She is a nice young woman who is focused on her school work and has her goals outlined. DdK never bothers to tell people how old she is so they think she is in her twenties.

I am sorry that Koko has gone over the rainbow to wait for you.

Tomorrow is dfosterd's birthday. She will be 45. We celebrated today. She received her favorite presents. A new baby, toy men and soft fleece pants. She was not so thrilled about the foundation garments. lol I made a chocolate zucchini cake with cream cheese frosting.

Step by step Jan, the sorting and parting will get done. Soon, the goal is in sight.

Bunny, send your needs to the universe but, be careful how you ask and what you ask for. The universe can have a perverse sense of humor or just a literal sense of words.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2014 :  2:29:41 PM  Show Profile
Holly, my request of the universe is one sale a day for my etsy shop. That's all I need to survive. It gives me all the resources I need and keeps me doing something that brings me so much peace and happiness. I think it is a small request.

Happy birthday to foster daughter. Is this the one that loves the wallpaper away? Hiding vegetables in chocolate birthday cake. How sneaky of you!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2014 :  4:32:16 PM  Show Profile
Good evening,

No, the foster daughter who loves the wall paper away has a birthday in February. This one loves apple picking and helping at anything. She has a wicked sense of humor. She can do up to 300 piece puzzles without looking at the picture from the inside out. She speaks in simple sentences. She is great.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2014 :  6:30:53 PM  Show Profile
Cindy, I am so sOrry you lost Koko. But, how special that you say with your beloved bird until the end. That is fulfilling the promise of taking care of your animal.I know you are just so sad...

Jan, I hope your sale goes really well and you make a load of money.

Holly, I love that your foster daughter is so talented at puzzles. Had to laugh about the foundation pieces not getting a lot of enthusiasm! If I spent much time with your ddK, I'd have to learn how to do her weave. I have always wanted to know how to do that. I probably can't anymore with three crotchety fingers!

We have so many family members trying to recover from very serious injuries and illness right now. And with bunny losing her step father and Cindy losing Koko, it has been a tough few days for us Over 50s. So nice to have one another in these times.

Bunny, I hope you can avoid anymore fights with your mom. It sure must take a tool on you for your bp to be that high. Take care, friend.

I'm trying to recuperate from a day that ended up being somewhat of a tour of the local (and not so local) Home Depots and Lowe's. Exhausting. And not much fun, but dh needed my opinion on a few purchases.

Mar

Edited by - rough start farmgirl on Oct 04 2014 6:31:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2014 :  6:54:44 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone,

Cindy, I know how it feels to lose a beloved pet. He sure was a lucky bird to have you for a mom. I read on Pinterest (of all places) that we don't get over hurts and pain, we absorb them and it changes us. Paraphrased. I know it to be true.

Bunny, I wish for you two sales a day.

It was cool and pleasant here today. We sat out on the deck and had wine and cheese and crackers and then we're not hungry for supper. I baked a chicken with veggies earlier today so it's ready when we are.

Tomorrow we are going to look at a Del Webb community near Austin. Three golf courses. Indoor and outdoor pools, tennis, All sorts of clubs and things to do. We are at the time in our lives when we need to play and have friends, not be burdened with chores out in the country. We are both accepting this.
So my farmgirl days are limited. We really don't want to drive an RV and we really don't need a big house, those times have passed for us. I'm hoping B will like it because it would get me near the city that I love and stay in close proximity to my family. I don't feel like trying to get used to a new country or even a new state at this time in my life. I need to hold on to what is familiar. In other words, my gypsy days are coming to an end, except for a trip once in a while with a group, or go to Hawaii to see my son. I think I'm finally getting a little tired.

Jan, good luck with the sale.
Marie, you are right, I need to just dump all the stuff and get over it.

Good night my friends.

GG

Edited by - doll58maker on Oct 04 2014 7:03:52 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 408 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Over 50 Farmgirls Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page