Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Magazine: Call for Entries
 HomeSafeHome
 What's your heat set to at night?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author HomeSafeHome: Previous Topic What's your heat set to at night? Next Topic
Page: of 3

harvesttender
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

56 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2015 :  7:53:38 PM  Show Profile
55 night / 65 day. We try to heat with wood as much as we can, and use the oil furnace as supplemental. We hang our laundry on lines near the woodstove, so the heat serves double-duty. Generally, we sleep comfortably with flannel sheets,a down comforter, and one more wool blanket. During TV time, DH and I both sit in the evening, tucked in with our favorite afghans.

Harvesttender

http://etsy.com/shop/woolenbrae
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2015 :  05:34:19 AM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness! I was reading through this and it looks like last year we kept the heat at 65. And it was COLD last winter (well a few ice storms anyway, which is cold for here). Anyways, it hasn't been nearly as cold here, and I've kept it at 67. Hmmmm I think I am getting.... er...... older ;)

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Daizy
True Blue Farmgirl

992 Posts

Daizy
Talladega Alabama
USA
992 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2015 :  4:06:30 PM  Show Profile
Hay there,

I have no furnace so I cut off my space heaters and crawl into a warmed bed with my electric blanket. Waking up and hitting the cold floor is pretty tough on some morning. I have gone into the bathroom where the small heater is that has a temp. gauge and it has shown 38. Last year the water that I left dripping in the tub to keep the pipes from freezing actually froze in the tub and drains during the night and I had several inches of water in the tub. I hope to build my home this summer and I will have REAL heat. Whoo hoo!!!

Hugs and prayers, Daizy #1093
Poor House Farmgirl Chapter {A virtual chapter open to everyone.}
A good day is when you find ALL your ear tags! I wonder how my cows would like my Farmgirl apron??
www.poorhouseparadise.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 HomeSafeHome: Previous Topic What's your heat set to at night? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page