Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farmgirl Birthdays
 **Let's keep track of B-days
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Farmgirl Birthdays: Previous Topic **Let's keep track of B-days Next Topic
Page: of 36

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2005 :  12:43:36 PM  Show Profile

Posted - Aug 18 2005 : 12:12:51 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE FABULOUS FARMGIRLS BORN IN JULY and AUGUST!!
QUEENOFDREAMSZ ~ JULY 2
JEANNIE PIERCE - JULY 4
MOLLYMAE - JULY 6
ANGIE FORTE ~ JULY 9
ALLISON ~ JULY 12
VALARIE ~ JULY 14
LINDA HOUSTON ~ JULY 29
SARAH ~ JULY 30
MARILYN ~ AUGUST 10
CINDY YOUNG ~ AUGUST 12
SUSAN DAHLEM ~ AUGUST 14
DIANE ~ AUGUST 17
KATHYLOU ~ AUGUST 20
NOELLE MILLER ~ AUGUST 18
MAY YOUR CELEBRATION BE JOYOUS, FILLED WITH LAUGHTER AND LOVE, FAMILY AND FRIENDS ~ ESPECIALLY YOUR FARMGIRL FRIENDS WHO KNOW YOU BEST!! WEAR YOUR APRONS REMEMBERING THAT APRON STRINGS ARE THE STRONG TIES OF FRIENDSHIP! TREAT YOURSELF TO SOMETHING SPECIAL! BEST WISHES FOR ANOTHER YEAR ON THIS WONDERFUL MERRY-GO-ROUND WE CALL LIFE!!
HUGS TO YOU ALL!
LOVE,
MARYJANE, CINDYLOU, CAROL, JULIE BELL, MEGAN, ANNA, JULIE BECK,
SUNNY, DORY AND REBEKAH

MaryJane's Left-Hand Farmgirl
Cindylou
cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

Gypsy Heart
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

Karen
North San Juan CA
USA
7 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2005 :  6:25:14 PM  Show Profile
"Everyone is the age of their heart." - Guatemalan Proverb

In honor of all those with ageless hearts...

Revel well,
~ Karen

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is most important is invisible to the eye." - Exupery
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2005 :  6:30:12 PM  Show Profile
I love that Karen!

Being is what it is. Jean Paul Sartre
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2005 :  10:19:13 PM  Show Profile
What a beautiful thought, thank you!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2005 :  10:24:10 PM  Show Profile
Jan, you share a birthday with my almost 7-year-old! He was actually born ON Monday, Columbus Day as well :)

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet."~Rumi

Go to Top of Page

Morning_Dew
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Karen
cottageville sc
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2005 :  02:55:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Morning_Dew a Yahoo! Message
i was born dec. 15 1966. i did find the secret to staying young its very profound as it came from a cookie. "always eat healthy, live clean, and lie about your age." i kept the fortune and it sits on the dash of my car i get a giggle everytime i read it.

every gardener should make time for the humming BIRDS and honey BEES, stop and smell the flowers.
Go to Top of Page

lareyna
True Blue Farmgirl

242 Posts

Arlene
Valley Ford Ca
USA
242 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2005 :  07:25:22 AM  Show Profile
Hi I am new and so far I think the oldest farm "girl" Oct. 5 1949
Go to Top of Page

EBFarmgirl
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Julie
Pewaukee wisconsin
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2005 :  3:50:08 PM  Show Profile
Hi, CindyLou!
I am a newbie, and saw your post. My BD is July 7! I think keeeping track of BD's is a great way to stay in touch. Guess I got it from my mom, who is the BD card Queen!

EBFarmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Kathigene
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Kathy
New York
160 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2005 :  10:19:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Kathigene an AOL message  Send Kathigene a Yahoo! Message
I don't know how I ended up in here today except that I'm slowly reading just about everything in the forums. I was born on May 13th 1953. I don't remember very many stories about my birth but I did turn thirteen on Friday the 13th and remember that as being a pretty good year!! My big bad luck day has always been Valentine's Day. Don't know why just has been!!!

As for age I still tell people that I don't know what I want to be when I grow up but lately I've been thinking maybe I'll be a farmgirl!!

Kathy

Dogs make such good friends because they wag their tails rather then their tongues.
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2005 :  12:32:43 PM  Show Profile
Hi...I'm fairly new around here and trying to go through as many forums and posts as I can before the librarian kicks me off the computer. (mine blew out in a thunder storm) My birthday is May 3, 1952. I like the idea of knowing people's birthdays. Happy birthday to anyone born today!!!
Go to Top of Page

Cindylou
Farmgirl at Heart

243 Posts

Cindylou
Moscow Idaho
243 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2005 :  11:38:35 AM  Show Profile

Good morning Farmgirls! It is hard to keep up with all your wonderful conversations and work here at the farm, too!
Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing your birthdays Morning_Dew, Lareyna, EBFarmgirl, Kathigene and Owwlady. It is so nice to know there are so many neighborly farmgirls at heart out there!!
A Happy Belated Birthday to Julie, a new farmgirl at heart born on July 7. I'm thinking we'd also love your mom, the birthday card queen! You are one lucky farmgirl.
Arlene ~ you are not the oldest my dear! There are a few of us born in 1947, including little ole' me! I can certainly relate to Gypsy Heart's previous quote ~ "Everyone is the age of their heart"!! The wonderful part of being in your 50's is that you rediscover your "girlness" and celebrate it unabashedly. I figure if I don't act my age, no one will know!!
Thank you all for joining us!!
sunnily yours,
Cindylou

Cindylou
cindylou@maryjanesfarm.org
Go to Top of Page

hotmamawillie
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Gail
Mount Airy Maryland
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2005 :  09:59:35 AM  Show Profile
Cindy, I share your special day-just a different year.
mine is August 12,1954.

Gail
Mt. Airy,MD
Go to Top of Page

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2005 :  10:02:20 AM  Show Profile
Kathigene -- just thought you'd like to hear that you were born EXACTLY one week after MaryJane (and, consequently, three years and one week after me)! A true farmgirl-at-heart!

Carol

she laughed and laughed ...
Go to Top of Page

Kathigene
True Blue Farmgirl

160 Posts

Kathy
New York
160 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2005 :  10:19:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Kathigene an AOL message  Send Kathigene a Yahoo! Message
I once worked in a small (less then 40 people) office where 3 people were born on May 13th. All different years but it was a very stubborn office. We difinately could all be Taurus bulls in our very own ways!

Kathy

Dogs make such good friends because they wag their tails rather then their tongues.
Go to Top of Page

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2005 :  6:06:12 PM  Show Profile
Hello Farmgirls!

Cindylou had to dash out early, and she asked if I would post this letter from her. ~Carol

The Farmgirl Posse Rides Again!!
Clare, in her moderator capacity, myself, MaryJane, and Carol are developing an upgrade to the features on our forum.

We love the projects that are exploding on the forum! You fabulous farmgirls are participating in mail art, making blankets for the needy, creating mail art, aprons, quilts, and dolls that travel. You are tireless in your efforts to give of yourselves to others.

I have a lot of experience in organizing round robins, since I organized the travels of the Premiere magazine and journal. Thirty worn copies of the Premiere magazine have traveled to over 450 farmgirls at heart along with journals that came back fabulously and elaborately decorated. It took bundles of time and organization. I’m pleased as punch to call projects like that part of my “job”!!

Now if I coordinated the travels of the traveling Farmgirl MaryJane and Farmerette MeggieRae dolls, they could return to the farm after visiting say 8-10 farmgirls. They’ll have lots of new clothes, accessories and stories by then. Carol and MaryJane will take pictures to post so you can all see the dolls. Some of the pictures might even show up in upcoming magazines. Typical of girls, the dolls will need new wardrobes fairly often, so after they’ve rested and recuperated ~ tee hee~ I’ll send them out again pronto. As I learned with the Premiere Tour, it’s a lot of tracking and nudging to keep things traveling along. I can plan for the dolls to return for Farm Fair next July so you can visit them when you come.

We’ve noticed that several new farmgirls on the forum are feeling lost because some of the conversations are quite lengthy. They can’t easily find a central spot to sign up for any of the projects that are going on. Nothing confuses and discourages farmgirls like chaos! MaryJane has gone to great effort and expense to create the Forum and I know you all appreciate it. We’d like to keep MaryJane-related adventures right here on the Farmgirl Connection Forum and not send our farmgirls off to other websites; it just gets too confusing.

We want to tie some secure “apron strings” around the mail lists by having them originate from the farm in order to protect everyone and their information. We’ll organize a master list for each wonderful, bright, and original “traveling” and “exchange” venue that is created.

Soon we’ll gather up all the lists. You’ll be able to sign up on whichever lists suit your fancy. In the near future you’ll simply e-mail ~ quilts@maryjanesfarm.org, dolls@maryjanesfarm.org, buttons@maryjanesfarm.org, aprons@maryjanesfarm.org, mailart@maryjanesfarm.org, birthdays@maryjanesfarm.org, books@maryjanesfarm.org, etc. Then we’ll e-mail back to ask a few pertinent questions and get your address and phone number. While we monitor the lists for privacy and safety, all you farmgirls at heart can turn your energies toward creativeness and leave the “worries” to us! We have the technical experience at working out the “bugs” on mail lists and organizing “traveling” journals, etc.

Thanks for your understanding, farmgirls and guys! Watch for more details soon.

Cindylou
Go to Top of Page

mama0moon
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Stephanie
New Hampshire
USA
14 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2005 :  2:11:01 PM  Show Profile  Send mama0moon an AOL message  Send mama0moon a Yahoo! Message
September 29, 1968 here!
Go to Top of Page

AuntieJen
Farmgirl at Heart

9 Posts

Jenny
Tacoma WA
9 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2005 :  08:12:49 AM  Show Profile
October 19, 1970.
Go to Top of Page

newlywood
True Blue Farmgirl

59 Posts

59 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2005 :  12:02:32 PM  Show Profile
This Wed- August 31. I'll be the Big 30

Erika in Nebraska
Go to Top of Page

CarolC
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Carol
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2005 :  8:15:38 PM  Show Profile
A week ago today, August 22.
Go to Top of Page

BlueApple
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Julia
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2005 :  05:00:45 AM  Show Profile  Send BlueApple an AOL message
July 9, I just turned 45.

Julia
BlueApple Farm
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2005 :  06:40:36 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Carol!!!!!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

phillytoo
Farmgirl in Training

18 Posts

Phyllis
Canton MI
USA
18 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2005 :  07:53:30 AM  Show Profile
[quote]Originally posted by KathyLou

August 20, 1949 is my birthday. I was born in San Francisco. When my Mom's labor started, my Dad put two legs in one pair of pants and things got off to a good start. He swore that when he first saw me in the hospital that my eyes could follow his swinging tie. They didn't let many people see the babies in those days so all my Dad's brothers took turns going to the nursery telling the nurse that they were the father. My poor mother! Life is good when we choose to enjoy it. Cheers! KathyLou

That's hilarious!!!! LOL!!! I just shared your story with my 17 yo son, and we're both cracking up over it!

Phylis
Go to Top of Page

phillytoo
Farmgirl in Training

18 Posts

Phyllis
Canton MI
USA
18 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2005 :  08:07:46 AM  Show Profile
My birthday is March 30. I don't think I've seen any other ladies with this same birthdate here so far. I'm an Aries.
Go to Top of Page

drum
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

debra
jamesville ny
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2005 :  1:46:21 PM  Show Profile
Mine's today, August 30.
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2005 :  1:52:57 PM  Show Profile
And Phyllis and Debra!!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 36 Farmgirl Birthdays: Previous Topic **Let's keep track of B-days Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page