Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 How is the Weather in your state or country?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic
Page: of 108

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1480 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1480 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2013 :  09:56:53 AM  Show Profile
It's freezing cold here...12 degrees to be exact which is abnormally cold for the Seattle area. I've already changed hummingbird feeders 4 times since daylight and will have to go out again within the next few minutes. These adorable little birds are drinking non-stop and come right up to the fresh feeders when I carry them out. Aside from the cold temperatures we have beautiful sunny weather which is truly a welcome sight at this time of the year. I'm staying home today to work on craft projects, practice some fiddle tunes and catch up on chores.

Wishing everyone in the path of snow and ice a warm and safe weekend!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

http://blueskyanddaisies.blogspot.com

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2013 :  10:53:04 AM  Show Profile
Marilyn, welcome to the east side of your state too. It was 10°F when I got up at 6ish this morning and is now up to a whopping 12° now. I don't see it getting up to over 20°F here today. I'm so looking forward to So. California weather next week.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2013 :  1:36:36 PM  Show Profile
Freezing here in Kansas! Suppose to get light snow tonight thru the morning.... I'm staying inside and working on homemade Christmas gifts!
Stay warm everyone!! Those with sunshine? Enjoy!! :)

Blessings,
Linda

http://grannysbirds.blogspot.com/
Country at Heart
'For I know the plans I have for you......'
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2013 :  05:21:25 AM  Show Profile
It has been 80+ degrees here in Gainesville, florida for the past several days! All that cold weather from the front just can't make it this far south. Personally, I would love to have some cold, snowy weather to enjoy for a change!

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2013 :  09:41:39 AM  Show Profile
Winnie, are you sure you want the cold. Woke up at 7 a.m. this morning to 11 degrees. It has now risen to 15 degrees and is 9:45 a.m. High today is supposed to be about 23 degrees. Saw the Oak Ridge Boys last night and I think it was single digits when we got out of the theatre.

Next day and it is 12 degrees out. Had a bit of a windstorm and now the neighbor's leaves are cluttering up my lawn. Need to get them cleared out before I leave on vacation. Hopefully it will warm up a bit tomorrow, otherwise I'll just have to grin and bear it.

Betty in Pasco

Edited by - Betty J. on Dec 08 2013 7:59:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2013 :  1:10:54 PM  Show Profile
Right now it is 14 degrees, 9 mph winds, 78% humidity and snowing. The current forecast is for snow and lowering temperatures. Later in the week will be higher winds and more snow.

Marie, Sister #5142

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2013 :  5:35:18 PM  Show Profile
We had a really nice snow last night/this morning. Not too cold, just snowy. Now it feels more like Christmas.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2013 :  2:53:13 PM  Show Profile
It's a little foggy and cool today, somewhere in the 50-60 degree range. I'm not complaining though, beats 23 degrees up north.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2013 :  3:34:43 PM  Show Profile
We have been having pretty warm weather here, in the 30's. The snow is getting mushy. When the freeze comes, walking will be trecherous.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2013 :  08:26:09 AM  Show Profile
Our temperature is 19 degrees with cloudy skies but the prediction is for -26 on Monday night. Its the winter solstice. I just checked and found that we will have only 8 hours and 43 minutes of daylight today. How about you?
Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1751 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1751 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2013 :  8:49:23 PM  Show Profile
They are predicting heavy snow up to 9 inches tonight and below zero temps. Welcome to Iowa winter.

Farmgirl friends are fun.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2013 :  12:55:21 AM  Show Profile
knock on wood, the weather has been delightful here in the foothills of Central California..

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2013 :  05:15:12 AM  Show Profile
We just finished having another run of 80+ degree days! It feels weird to have shorts and Tee shirts on again and ceiling fans going. But that is how Florida is most of the time. December has been above average temps and the long range forecast is for a warmer than average January. We are supposed to get some rain and a cool spell on Christmas Day so maybe it will be cool enough for a fire in the fireplace!

Winnie #3109
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2014 :  5:16:29 PM  Show Profile
BRRRR!!!We have about a foot of freshly fallen snow and the temp. was 14 degrees but with the wind gusting it feels like zero. Supposed to get below zero tonight. coldest it's been in years. It's very dangerous for those without heat, or the homeless, or animals that are outside. the police are rounding up homeless people and taking them to shelters. They are also arresting people who leave their animals outside. The hospitals have opened warming shelters. The wind is gusting up to 20 mph so it's very frigid. People are advise to stay indoors. I know I will.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Go to Top of Page

rphelps4
True Blue Farmgirl

620 Posts

roxanna
westport indiana
USA
620 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2014 :  7:26:33 PM  Show Profile  Send rphelps4 a Yahoo! Message
Today started out in the 30's with rain the temps started falling, and by morning it will be below zero, with windchill of 20-40 below,of course the rain tuned to snow and the wind is blowing like crazy, part of the state got 10 plus inches of snow, we are suppose to get 4-7 by morning.I went outside right before sunset and it was snowing rain mix, I heard thunder and the creek was flooded. Roxanna

Edited by - rphelps4 on Jan 05 2014 7:27:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

AFinkberry
True Blue Farmgirl

310 Posts

Ally
Kalama Washington
310 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2014 :  5:53:28 PM  Show Profile
My thoughts and prayer to all you gals mid west! Stay warm!! It's pretty chilly here and our heaters haven't turned off for a month! Not used to the constant cloud cover, but I still prefer it to the constant sunshine! My family back in SLO, CA had a HOT Christmas! (Not envious.)

Ally
Farmgirl Sister #5672

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." ~His Holiness the Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

krissy
True Blue Farmgirl

278 Posts

Kristen
Snohomish WA
USA
278 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2014 :  08:04:54 AM  Show Profile
Windy and in the upper 40s. We had a whopper of a wind storm on Saturday which brought hail, thunder, and lightning. I'm amazed we didn't lose power.

~Farmgirl Sister #986~

http://achickenwithherheadcutoff.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2014 :  10:09:42 AM  Show Profile
It blew and blew at home, and in So.Cal. yesterday/ but today the sun is shining and it's nice and warm. Next Monday I'll be home. I enjoyed the warmth, but it will be good to be home again.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2014 :  10:11:07 AM  Show Profile
Wet windy and squishy. Our power was out for 15 hours yesterday and night. Love the wood stove. LOL
MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2014 :  2:06:54 PM  Show Profile
Today's temps are in the 30's and clear and sunny. We are having meltage.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2014 :  5:12:44 PM  Show Profile
It's cold in Illinois. We had a light dusting of snow last night. The wind was blowing pretty good this morning but now it's calmed down. My wrecked car is in the driveway and the trunk won't close, so when the wind blows hard, the trunk goes up. Oh well, in a couple days the car will hopefully be gone, and I'll have payment for the value of it. I'm tired of driving a rental car--can't cross the river cause I can't drive it out of state. Speaking of rivers, the Mississippi is covered with ice. there are LOTS of eagles to be seen. There were thirty of them seen in one tree.
Cindy

Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2014 :  5:30:10 PM  Show Profile
It's miserable since I came home from California. I've gone from 80°F to 34°F in just a few hours. It is cold, overcast, and misty. However, I will get used to it and try to enjoy the cool. It's not normal having such warm weather in January.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2014 :  6:41:37 PM  Show Profile
Very cold here in Minneapolis. It is expected to be down to -18 tomorrow. That's bad because I have to be out and about. Thursday the projection is a balmy 28 but with that comes more snow. I'm not complaining. That is the way it is in Minnesota in the winter.

Marie, Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2014 :  09:27:49 AM  Show Profile
Feel for you Marie. Being cold is not fun. Dress warmly while you are out and try to enjoy the season. Spring is just around the corner.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

LysLouise
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Alyssa
Pittsfield NH
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2014 :  7:13:08 PM  Show Profile
Tomorrow's forecast says, "Arctic Cold" here in New Hampshire. Thank goodness spring is only (officially) 2 months away!

Alyssa
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page