Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 How is the Weather in your state or country?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic
Page: of 108

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2013 :  3:36:05 PM  Show Profile
warmer, with rain coming in tomorrow. Hoping pastures will green up with the rain and warmer temps.
Marly, you find your kitty?

Teri

"There are black sheep in every flock"

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2013 :  8:33:20 PM  Show Profile
Yes, Teri, she's a hoot. She was in a bookcase with a sliding door. I notice the door was partially opened. Peeked in. There were her big blue eyes. She refused to come out until she could hear no more thunder!!!! Hugs.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2013 :  2:04:37 PM  Show Profile
Can you smell the sweet smell of rain on sagebrush and parched earth? I can, with my eyes closed, I smell that wonderful smell, and I can feel the moisture and rain on my skin, and the on acres of oats planted in faith that the rain will come. But life isn't lived in a dream, but in reality. Once again the heavy black clouds full of rain have passed us by. Dry land farmers have more faith than anyone, so I will hang on, waiting for another front, another storn, another day.

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2013 :  9:18:56 PM  Show Profile
Kennie Lyn, it's hard to imagine your part of the country is so dry, when I am standing ankle deep in mud here. And complaining about it all the time. And you would gladly be doing that. This has been the wettest winter ever and it's still wet. Mud, mud and more mud. All over the place. It's nasty. I cannot even imagine a dry spot ever again. I always wondered why it rains so much in winter when we need it to rain in summer to water the gardens. But I know God knows what he's doing. It always works out. I do hope you get the rain you need there soon. I know that when you are dry and things don't grow there, it affects the whole country. I would gladly give you some of our rain if I could.

Kris

The good beekeeper is generally more or less cranky. C.P. Dadant

www.kris-outbackfarm.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2013 :  9:52:03 PM  Show Profile
Kind of volatile here at the moment. A couple of days ago it was in the 60's and now its windy, stormy and upper 30's to upper 40's. I was just going to rent a big mower-mulcher to take down the rough dry weeds and tall grass stalks from last autumn, and of course it immediately started raining like crazy. So the weather on the Palouse if sticking it's tongue out at me again. Kennie Lyn, I am pulling for you guys down there and praying for a wet year for everyone caught in drought these past couple of years. But I'll make sure to ask that you be spared any more mud Kris

You must do the thing you think you cannot do
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Annika
Farmgirl & Sister #13

http://thegimpyfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/annikaloveshats/

Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2013 :  05:19:50 AM  Show Profile
Today is SUNNY ... yaaaaay!!!!! Temps now are 39 and are suppose to hit 70!
Planting 5 white pine trees and I may get to till the garden ...

Teri

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2013 :  08:46:17 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all for your good wishes. We have great hope as always. There is a 60% chance of rain tomorrow. It has sprinkled, but only enough to get the sidewalk wet, not enough to even moisten the worked up, planted ground. From here, on the mountain, I can see the storms going around us, frustrating.

Go to Top of Page

will2farm
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

57 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2013 :  3:28:32 PM  Show Profile
Frustrating. I like the way you put that. I understand how hard it is to look at the sky and just pray for rain, sun(to dry the hay), or even snow for some moisture in the spring. Funny how we choose to depend on mother nature to keep our livelihoods afloat. I probably shouldn't but I often compare it to the 9 to 5ers who will never understand or even look at a weather forecast. I have a weather scanner that I listen to every morning. I so hope you get some rain shortly.
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2013 :  5:13:45 PM  Show Profile
Yes, will2farm, I often think of people who only care about the weather if it affects their plans for the weekend. The first thing we do in the morning is see what the weather is, and then listen to the news to see what is coming, and what is happening all around the country. Even tho, we may live separated by distance, the weather all over the country affects us all, in prices we recieve, and the prices we pay for goods we need.
Our mountain finally captured a cloud, and we got some rain last night, enough to get the oats out of the ground, and jump start the grass. Been saying little prayers of thanksgiving all day.

Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2013 :  7:11:40 PM  Show Profile
Nice 70 degree weekend here ... rain coming in this week, which will help the grass.

Teri

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2013 :  10:49:25 AM  Show Profile
It is cold today. There was ice under the sprinklers. We were chasing around the longhorns this morning, and my ears are still cold. The wind is blowing out of the NW, and it is cold.

Go to Top of Page

will2farm
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

57 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2013 :  3:28:55 PM  Show Profile
Kennie Lyn, if I may call you that. My name is Jody and I'm a farmgirl from good ol' NY.I'm new here and trying to learn. Speaking of the weather always makes me feel blessed to have known a couple of older farmers and to hear their sayings.One once told me if two old farmers were standing at the end of a barn looking out, they would argue whether it's raining or not. Always made me chuckle. The second one was(and I hope I don't have this reversed) is that a wet year will scare you but a dry year will kill you. I guess meaning that in a wet year the crops are there though hard to get but in a dry year...well you know. glad you got a little rain
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2013 :  06:56:57 AM  Show Profile
We are in the middle of a spring Nor'easter here. Winds are 30- 40 mph with gusts up to 60 mph. Brrrrr

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #1682

Thirty-One Independent Consultant

www.mythirtyone.com/233237

My Blog

www.annapearlsattic.blogspot.com

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2013 :  11:03:17 AM  Show Profile
Muggy and humid weather. Rain is coming soon. Temps in the high 70s.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2013 :  11:36:23 AM  Show Profile
Yes Jody, you may call me Kennie Lyn. Nice to talk to you. Isn't it wonderful to get to know farm girls from all over? I especially like this weather report. It is very interesting.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2013 :  1:12:31 PM  Show Profile
Temperature is up to 86 degrees. The humidity is close to 100%. But, it is still a beautiful Spring day!!!!!! My outside cats are sure enjoying the warmth!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16961 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16961 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2013 :  9:04:05 PM  Show Profile
yep, rainy off and on... with some snow predicted for the next week... oh joy!
But in the mean time we are having a wee break in the rain...

but just short lived,,, cuz rain is coming....

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2013 :  07:42:35 AM  Show Profile
Sherone, how are you faring with that terrible winter storm that passed through? I called a cousin in Alliance, NE and he said that they had received FEET of snow and that it was very cold. This was at the same time we were having 65°F sunshiny temps. He said that his lawn hadn't even started to green up yet and I have to mow mine for the second time.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lou
True Blue Farmgirl

2325 Posts

Susan
Lonsdale MN
USA
2325 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2013 :  08:04:34 AM  Show Profile
The snow was almost gone yesterday, just a few piles and ice patches. Then last night a thunderstorm started and switched to heavy wet snow over night. We have a couple of inches but the forecast for today is 10-15 inches more! The frost is out of the ground and temps will be in the high 30's some of this week, so it will be WET!
Susan

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?"
Mary Oliver

Edited by - Cindy Lou on Apr 10 2013 08:05:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

will2farm
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

57 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2013 :  12:26:24 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Kennie Lyn. I'm so happy to have found a place like maryjanes, it's like aloe to my soul right now. I've had my own dairy farm for 25 yrs and just in the last month had to sell my girls and am in danger of losing my 270 acre farm. I'm not complaining at all, it's just not what I had in mind. I was wondering are you growing the oats for grain for your longhorns and then bale the straw?
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2013 :  4:33:52 PM  Show Profile
Beautiful pictures, Grace.
The rain is on the way. Tomorrow morning is supposed to be stormy! Temperature got to 82.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2013 :  5:24:03 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Jody I am so sorry. We had to get rid of our beef cows several years ago, and I still miss them. We have replaced them with Longhorns, cuz we can't afford beef cows, and they aren't nearly as nice as the cows we had. I used to have a few milk cows, 6 at the most. We milked them and fed the milk to bucket calves, and I really miss them, they were just members of the family. A couple of years ago, we were driving along a road and I saw and man milking a Guernsey, by hand, in a little open shed. I just immediately could smell that good, clean, milky, warm, cow smell. Love cows. And we are going to cut the oats for hay.

Go to Top of Page

will2farm
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

57 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2013 :  12:35:11 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Kennie Lyn. So you understand how it feels to see 'em go? I couldn't even be at the barn when they were loaded. Thank God for good neighbors. Reading about the Guernsey and the man milking by hand makes me think about the small farms around here that are falling down. It saddens me to think about the cows that were housed in those barns and how a coupla dozen cows could give a good and happy life to the farmer and his family. Now, if you don't milk 250-1000 cows, the bank tells you, you will never survive. I had enough trouble keepin the dairy cows in a fence but have heard that beefers are even harder. You get the midnight calls/knocks from neighbors tellin you your cows are out?
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2013 :  4:15:10 PM  Show Profile
We got a lot of rain early this morning, accompanied by loud thunder! By noon the sun was out, temps in the low 60s.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2013 :  4:41:36 PM  Show Profile
Rain so hard right now ... going down to 45 degrees tonight.

Teri

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page