Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 How is the Weather in your state or country?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic
Page: of 108

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22896 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22896 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2012 :  05:32:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Good morning ladies! This morning my thermometer says 2 degrees positive! Yay! That feels practically balmy considering the last couple days! We are supposed to get up around 33 or so today which would be great but the snow is falling pretty heavily right now. Grace we must be under the same system. Or at least similar systems right now.

Alyce- I checked where whitefish is and it is about 7 hours away- just under the Canadian border. We are in the lower southeast corner of the state.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2012 :  06:18:12 AM  Show Profile
If you're +2F is balmy, my temperature of -23C is a heatwave! lol Our windchill is supposed to go down to -30C instead of -40C...so let's hope! And tomorrow is supposed to be -7C! Weird. Let's hope it stays at a steady, constant "normal" temperature now....I have my doubts, but still. Alee, I'm still waiting for that snow :p.

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2012 :  06:39:54 AM  Show Profile
Well Grace we are just barely in Whitman county and did lose power for a couple of hours last night - just went to bed early:) Now it looks like most everybody has their power back - Seattle on the other hand.....they don't have snow plows over there and then got an ice storm on top of the record amounts of snow so there are lots of people without power on the west side of our state. Makes our 20 inches of snow in the last 48 hours look a little more manageable!
Hope everyone is staying safe and warm!
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2012 :  08:12:51 AM  Show Profile
The temperature this morning (10AM) in SW Louisiana is 70 degrees. Yesterdays sunny weather is gone and replaced by fog, overcast skies, and humidity. We have a chance of rain.
Stay warm girls.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2012 :  11:43:14 AM  Show Profile
it's snowing as I sit here typing..oh joy.
AmyGrace, a friend of mine over in Cheney was w/o power from 8pm to 5am this morning... so far, knock on snow covered wood, we have not lost power.

Bear5,,, wanna trade weather for a few days? lol!
all I can say is T.G.I.F. & Thank goodness for leftovers! LOL!

>^..^<

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Jan 20 2012 11:47:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2012 :  4:17:43 PM  Show Profile
I'm with Grace - I could use some of Marly's weather today. Last year I was in Louisiana the first week of March - left here and the weather was 4 below zero - it was in the 70's and 80's all week - perfect!! Trips to warmer climes are not in the budget this year however.
As to our current weather I'm in my home office today and all the snow (at least a foot and a half) is melting - my husband is in the city 30 miles north and texted to ask how much it had snowed here as it was snowing like crazy there...go figure:)

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2012 :  5:03:46 PM  Show Profile
80 degrees here in central Florida tomorrow. Also the last weekend of deer season. My DH will be sitting in a stand at 5:45 am to hopefully get that big buck. Hum we'll see. LOL. Hope the mosquitos don't get him.....

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1480 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1480 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2012 :  5:53:37 PM  Show Profile
Ughh! I just spent the past two days and nights without power. It came back on a few minutes ago. Yay! There are broken trees and branches sprawled out everywhere and ice crashing down all around. My landscaping looks like a war zone. It has finally warmed up to 40 F and started to melt so by tomorrow things should be somewhat back to normal. Roads are still a mess but getting better now that the ice is thawing out. Thank goodness for a wood stove I can cook on, a gas water heater, and a generator to keep the fridge and freezer going! We stayed nice and cozy and I got lots of reading done. Now I am really just looking forward to a good night's sleep without one eye on the fire and another on the gas tank. I know tomorrow will be a very busy day cleaning up.

Hope the rest of you are enjoying your snow or warm temperatures!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

http://blueskyanddaisies.blogspot.com

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2012 :  08:51:22 AM  Show Profile
Grace: I loved, loved, seeing the picture of the snow. OMGoodness, I'd love to make a snow angel, but I'd be running back in the house really fast. I'd have to wear four layers of fleece for that coldness. Stay warm.
Amy Grace, were you in Louisiana for the Mardi Gras? I can't remember when Mardi Gras was last year, LOL, but often we continue with the Mardi Gras long after it's over.
Today, we are in the high 70s, very, very humid, and overcast skies. Rain is coming.
Stay warm girls.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2012 :  5:57:39 PM  Show Profile
hahaah! I have lived up here through 5 Winters and have yet to make a snowman or snow angel... it nearly takes me a 1/2hr just to get dressed to go outside and then I realize i need to go to the bathroom! lol!

Today the sun actually came out for a bit, and I was able to go outside & clean up the bird feeders on our balcony... re-filled the feeders and kicked back with the grandbabies and watched the birds feast.

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2012 :  6:07:23 PM  Show Profile
I am assuming you can't make a snow angel because the snow is frozen. Don't laugh, I have no idea. I have only seen snow maybe three, four times at the most. We haven't had any kind of winter down here. I would love to run in the snow, etc... But, I would have to be dressed in layers and probably have to tinkle. LOL. Enjoy the snow for me. Keep warm girls.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2012 :  8:40:05 PM  Show Profile
34* wet snowy and sloppy.

Farm girl Sister #273

Edited by - gramadinah on Jan 21 2012 8:41:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2012 :  08:10:08 AM  Show Profile
Here in SW Louisiana today, Diana, it is 74* wet, humid, and sloppy!!! Enjoy the snow.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2012 :  09:42:22 AM  Show Profile
Marly - we were there for Mardi Gras - we got into town on a Saturday and caught one of the big parades in Metairie, the name is escaping me, and then were down in the quarter the next day and saw the Krewe of Barkus (sp?). Then we were working for the rest of the week so didn't go to any others. It was awesome though and both my son and I felt really at home in New Orleans. There was some talk in our church conference of doing another work trip this February and I was very torn, after the financial burdens of this last year it would be really irresponsible to spend the money on airfare etc. but I really wanted to go back so I probably would have done it anyway. It's probably a good thing the trip didn't happen - saved me from myself:)
Today - I'm just hoping the temperature rises enough to get rid of the skating rink effect that occurred due to the melting snow/dropping temperatures. I really need to get outside and walk - that is my mental health remedy in lieu of gardening:)
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2012 :  10:26:54 AM  Show Profile
Oh, nice you saw the Mystic Krewe of Barkus. They donate all proceeds to animal worthy groups. I love seeing all the dogs dressed in their costumes. Some of those costumes are really good!!!!! The Vieux Carre (French Quarter or Old Square) really is a fun place, especially during Mardi Gras. Sorry you can't experience the Mardi Gras this year, but you'll always have memories of the first Mardi Gras in New Orleans.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2012 :  3:29:26 PM  Show Profile
Mud, mud and more mud. Did I mention mud? If anyone needs some, I will gladly send a truck load.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2012 :  3:34:06 PM  Show Profile
Kris, do you have mud? LOL. I shouldn't make fun, it's raining here now. I may be chatting about the mud by tomorrow. Take care. Don't slip.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

GratefulGreens
Farmgirl in Training

35 Posts

Mandi
Lebanon TN
USA
35 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2012 :  3:44:09 PM  Show Profile
This winter in TN has been extremely mild (just as the Farmer's Almanac predicted). It's so weird it being late January and temps are in the 60's. We're also expecting severe weather tonight - again. Just not the typical winter weather for us this year....

Miss Mandi, #3643
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2012 :  5:15:18 PM  Show Profile
Mandi, the weather is, indeed, wierd this winter. Here in SW Louisiana, we have not really had much of a winter.
Hope the weather is not too bad for y'all this evening. Take care.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

jessabelluh
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Jessica
South Dakota
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2012 :  5:24:54 PM  Show Profile
We are under a freezing rain advisory tonight, though I don't think we have had any yet.

~jess
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2012 :  6:36:24 PM  Show Profile
Stay warm Jess.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

osbornefarms
True Blue Farmgirl

94 Posts

Leslea
tn
USA
94 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2012 :  6:49:22 PM  Show Profile
Storms here tonight in middle tn.
Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2012 :  04:10:27 AM  Show Profile
Friday we had a blizzard with very cold winds and 6 inches of snow. Yesterday was freezing rain. Today dense fog and rain turning to snow. Pretty nasty mix of things.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

jessabelluh
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Jessica
South Dakota
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2012 :  05:11:18 AM  Show Profile
We had overnight/early morning thunderstorms! Temps will be dropping later and the rain will be changing back to snow.

~jess
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22896 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22896 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2012 :  05:15:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
We had a gorgeous warm day yesterday- around 35 degrees out. Snow was melting and the sun was out. It felt so warm compared to what we have been having. The night got chilly but I think we are going to have another warm day today. :)

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page