Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 How is the Weather in your state or country?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic
Page: of 108

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2012 :  3:13:53 PM  Show Profile
We got to 49 today here!!! I almost let my fire go out. I went to church then to my mom's and went shopping with her. When I got back there were hot coals. So I put some little wood on and it's going again. Supposed to warm up a bit til Thursday. Then in the 20's at night for a few. It wasn't near as cold last night but still cold.

Kris

Happiness is simple.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2012 :  3:35:00 PM  Show Profile
Keep that fire going Kris. Stay warm. Oh but we had one sunny beautiful day. I even sat outside to watch the football game. Just too nice to be inside.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1480 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1480 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2012 :  7:44:47 PM  Show Profile
We got snow today. About two inches where I live, more in other places around Puget Sound. This is the first real sign of winter we've had for awhile...it has been uncharacteristically dry and sunny this winter. I don't mind a bit....it's alot better than rain and gray skies! I'm hoping we'll get more snow tomorrow. I'd love to be able to go cross country skiing on the golfcourse in my neighborhood. I just posted some pics of my resident hummingbirds braving the snow on my blog tonight.

Hope those of you that are having cold weather stay toasty. And those of you that have sunshine...well enjoy it!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

http://blueskyanddaisies.blogspot.com

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2012 :  8:47:22 PM  Show Profile
Beautiful pictures. Thanks so much for sharing them with us. Enjoy the snow. Here in SW Louisiana we don't see much snow. The last time I remember snow was 1984. I'd love to have snow to play in.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2012 :  06:22:10 AM  Show Profile
Looks like snow is on the way....
I have enjoyed the amount of sunshine we have had so far, but the mountains just look naked with no snow on them and we will be hurting this summer if we don't get any precipitation.
Wednesday we could get up to a foot of snow and I, of course, have scheduled a sales trip 100 miles each way - I may be canceling that:)
Of course there is no guarantee but the National Weather Service is usually spot-on so I tend to trust them.
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

ptroupe
True Blue Farmgirl

1752 Posts

Portia
Johnson City NY
USA
1752 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2012 :  7:11:08 PM  Show Profile
Minus 1 this morning in upstate NY. We have had pretty mild weather so far, though, and only about 2 inches of snow here in the valley. Supposed to be 42 tomorrow. Big change! We will see if that happens.

Portia

Wishing for the country life!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2012 :  10:06:33 PM  Show Profile
simply said.......... Butttt Cold!!!!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

debbies journey
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

debbie
anchorage ak
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2012 :  10:14:39 PM  Show Profile
WE have had a ton of snow this winter, we are now getting a break from all the shoveling! Yeah!
It's clear, sunny and 20 below! The trees are beautiful, all frosty white against the clear blue sky!
Debbie
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2012 :  06:25:12 AM  Show Profile
It is a frosty one out there today! Right now it's -23C (-11F), with the windchill, it's -31C (-24F), or so Accuweather says. The city said it was -36C with the wind. Guess I'll see when I go out to go to work....good thing for ski pants & winter stuff!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2012 :  06:46:57 AM  Show Profile
After a warm fall and green winter, we are now getting snow-snow-snow! It is still relatively warm (well, except for the other day, brr), but I don't think people are ready for all of this white stuff now.

Me, I'm just thankful for my long undies and for shoes with good traction!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2012 :  09:22:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Been a strangely warm winter here in Kentucky so far. Yesterday, an editorial cartoon in the local paper showed a snowman wearing sunglasses and holding suntan lotion. Today, we actually seem to have just had a tornado here in Louisville! :( I lost power first, then it became eerily quiet. Suddenly, the warning sirens started blaring. Couldn't get all five dogs to go to the basement(and stay there, anyhow), so we squeezed into the closet sized bathroom for what seemed like an eternity(45min. in real time). A tornado in January??? We alternate with a cold day or two and then back to the 50's and yesterday the 60's! Roller Coaster weather!

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2012 :  08:38:21 AM  Show Profile
Janice, that sounds scarey. Hope all is okay.
We have beautiful weather this morning in SW Louisiana. Yesterday, it was a day of gloomy weather; drizzling, downpours, etc... The sun is out now. Temperature is in the 50s.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2012 :  09:51:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I think we're forecast to have your weather this weekend, Marly. Hope so. They counted 8 tornadoes yesterday and today, the temps are below freezing. The next warm up starts tomorrow and builds slowly to near 60 and rain by Monday. I just dress in layers and peel them off as needed. ;)

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'

Edited by - Miss Bee Haven on Jan 18 2012 12:49:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2012 :  11:31:16 AM  Show Profile
Well, we're still "cold" (although if you're not in the wind, it's not so bad). It's only -25C temp wise, but with the wind, it apparently feels like -40C something. I just want "normal" = I'd settle for -20!

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2012 :  4:35:06 PM  Show Profile
OMGoodness Pam....I could not handle being that cold. I can remember it snowing in Louisiana only 3 times in my life!!!!! I guess one just has to stay indoors in that kind of cold. I'm cold just thinking about it. LOL Enjoy your winter.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2012 :  8:50:03 PM  Show Profile
Marly - this year we have hardly any snow - seriously! It's crazy. Maybe 3 inches, if you're lucky. And the weather was crazy warm too - like -5C. Totally weird for January for sure! I'd like a bit more snow...and I'd rather have snow than the freezing cold (the kids so need to go outside!). Hopefully the cold snap doesn't last for too terribly long (like it can be gone tomorrow! lol although I doubt it, b/c right now it's -28C).

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2012 :  8:59:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well winter finally arrived in Montana. We have very cold weather going on right now outside. Windchill temps are supposed to be -35 F here tonight. The snow has been falling almost uninterupted for 24 hours and each time I go out to check on Tala I have to cut a new path. I am very much looking forward to spring.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2012 :  06:27:19 AM  Show Profile
Alee - I wish we had snow! Send some northeast, k?

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2012 :  08:04:36 AM  Show Profile
Alee: OMG how can a person survive in such cold weather!!!!!!!!!!! I would be so, so, so miserable. Is Tala in a barn? with a heater???? I sure hope so.
Pam: I guess when one grows up in such cold weather one adapts to it. I know it would be hard for me. Last year I went up to Wisconsin in May and almost
froze to death. My friend had to loan we warm socks, a coat, fleece leg liners. I was not a happy person. Of course she found it rather funny. I was not laughing.
Here in SW Louisiana, we may get down to 25 degrees for one or two days, and that is it. None of that below cold stuff. LOL
Stay warm Alee and Pam. I'll be playing outside today in 70 degree temperature and I'll be thinking about both of you.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2012 :  10:10:32 AM  Show Profile
LOL Isn't it funny what each of us considers cold? I totally agree that it just depends on what you are used to. Where I was raised (NE BC CANADA) it was cold. Winter -25C is a nice day, -40 is pretty normal, I've seen -60C (THAT'S COLD). Then I moved to CA and I wore my light fall jacket all winter while everyone was bundled up and freezing. But their heat about killed me!!!! 115F is way to hot for a northern girl. I've lived in these deserts long enough now that I can be outside in 100F but anything over that and I'm heading for the air conditioning. I'm guessing Marly that Lousiana was pretty hot already by May and your body was ready for the heat and then went to Wisconsin which was just getting into spring and didn't have any heat. Your body didn't know what to do with it!!!! Given time you would have acclimated. :D

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2012 :  12:30:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
It is cold cold cold today. Not looking forward to tonight! More snow on the way.

Marly- Tala has a roof over her head but the side are open. I am going to be working on fixing that so she has more protection but now I can't do that until the weather warms up!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2012 :  12:34:33 PM  Show Profile
Bitter today--a whole 4F, with snow predicted for tomorrow. I know it's Wisconsin in January, but we've had such a mild winter I'm not ready for this!

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2012 :  1:31:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Alyce- I agree! Same thing up here. If the cold weather had come in on time this would not be such a shock. but right now I am just reeling!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2012 :  8:34:17 PM  Show Profile
Agreed!

Alee, how close is Billings to Whitefish? My best friend lives just outside of Whitefish (I suggested she come to MJF, but no such luck). She said in her e-mail today that the weather by her is still pretty mild. MT must be about as crazy, weather-wise, as Wisconsin!

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2012 :  11:05:04 PM  Show Profile
here is what it looks like today...
That is the National Weather Station, across the road from us.... yep it's snowing and now they are talking about rain...Yikes! keeping our fingers crossed to not get an Ice Storm.
Seems a lot of the Whitman County area has been with out power because of the snow storm...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom.
"Is it time for my Dirt Manicure yet!"

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://www.graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page