Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 How is the Weather in your state or country?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic
Page: of 108

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2012 :  09:29:08 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful and sunny, today. I am anxiously awaiting the cold front which will be coming in to SW LA this afternoon. No rain today, 10% chance this afternoon.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

rphelps4
True Blue Farmgirl

620 Posts

roxanna
westport indiana
USA
620 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2012 :  09:46:15 AM  Show Profile  Send rphelps4 a Yahoo! Message
Yesterday morning was wonderful, nice and sunny and warm, but then the rain came along with much cooler temps, excepting our first freeze maybe Monday, so glad I carried in all my houseplants before going to work yesterday, oh today is sunny but chilly. Roxanna
Go to Top of Page

desperadosdream
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Malena
Versailles Indiana
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2012 :  10:07:53 AM  Show Profile
Hey Roxanna! You are in my neck of the woods. I live in Versailles and I have a brother that lives somewhere between Greensburg and you.
We are really very close..do you know of anyone else here abouts? I know there is a gal quite a distance in Booneville, IN and there is one in Middletown which is near New Castle/Muncie area.

Malena
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2012 :  1:44:45 PM  Show Profile
It is 64 again today, but that may be our high. We had a little touch of frost night before last, but it just got the eggplants, and touched the tops of the tomatoes. It has been cool in the house all day, but it is still too dry to build a fire. I may have to put my long johns on. I wear them from mid October to April every year, anyway.
The NIFC website, says Idaho still has 8 big fires burning. The ones near Lucille, and Dixie, both in Central Idaho, are still growing and there are people evacuated with structures threatened. Dixie is an old mining town, with cabins, and the Lucille area has old mining buildings, and backcountry ranches and cabins. Both are high in the mountains. We hope for snow soon.

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2012 :  4:59:47 PM  Show Profile
Two days ago we had temps. in the 80's, it was in the 30's last night and expected to be close to freezing tonight. My furnace has been running. I love it though--I'd gladly take this weather over the unbearable heat of this past summer.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2012 :  6:06:16 PM  Show Profile
Cindy, what part of the country do you live in? 30 degrees is really cold for me. We are beginning to feel the cooler air coming down. It'll only be in the low 50s. For us, that is cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2012 :  3:03:11 PM  Show Profile
Absolutely beautiful weather here! Temps right now in the low 60s. This morning it was 53.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2012 :  5:31:37 PM  Show Profile
Marly--I live in Illinois, a little northeast of St. Louis. This time of year, it's not unusual to run the a/c and the furnace on the same day. It was great this evening when I took Boxer for a walk--cool but not cold and just right. I love autumn.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2012 :  8:50:34 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Cindy. The cooler air has reached Louisiana. It feels wonderful! In fact, the weather man says tomorrow's high will be in the low 70s. That's something for us, especially in October. I will certainly be enjoying that weather. I'll be in the yard most of the day.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2012 :  09:30:35 AM  Show Profile
It got downright cold, near freezing, last night. I heard the heater go on at 4:30 a.m. and knew the house had cooled down overnight. Today the sun is shining and everything in the garden is gone and ready for composting. It's nice to have the difference in temperature between night and day. Wonderful day for a walk in the woods, if I had any woods to walk in. It's beautiful anyhow.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2012 :  09:32:31 AM  Show Profile
It is still 54 degrees this morning. It feels wonderful outside! The temperature won't last long here, but I will be outside enjoying it. It's a beautiful day today.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2012 :  09:40:32 AM  Show Profile
It's freezing here! Just turned the heat on. 64 inside. And rainy dreary cloudy cold outside.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

www.kris-outbackfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2012 :  10:56:01 AM  Show Profile
Stay warm, Kris. It is now 65 degrees. No rain.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2012 :  1:08:06 PM  Show Profile
Beautiful weather! No rain. Temps in the 70s. No wind. Just beautiful.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2012 :  3:32:45 PM  Show Profile
We are having a beautiful day. It's 70 outside, and 67 inside, but feels cooler than that. The house should be warmer, I have been canning. And I did put on my long underwear. Still too dry outside to build a fire to warm up the house. So in the evening I just huddle up in a blanket with my dog. The forecast predicts a shower on Saturday, and more on Monday. I surely hope so.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2012 :  4:16:23 PM  Show Profile
I love it, Kennie Lyn; huddling under the blanket with your dog. I do that but with my inside cat, Gracie. Stay warm.
Beautiful weather down south today.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2012 :  5:48:25 PM  Show Profile
Another beautiful day. Temps up in the low 80s. No rain.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2012 :  3:01:06 PM  Show Profile
We are hoping, and praying for rain in the little front coming in on Saturday. Marly, my dog is a Jack Russel, about the size of a cat, and sheds just like one, and she loves to snuggle. Even without me she sleeps under a blanket. Glad you are having nice weather. It is a great time to get things done outside. Kennie Lyn

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2012 :  4:53:59 PM  Show Profile
I love Jack Russells, Kennie Lyn. Our weather is still so nice. And- I have been working and playing outside. Getting a lot done.
I'll be praying y'all get rain soon.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Yart
True Blue Farmgirl

143 Posts

MI
USA
143 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2012 :  06:29:56 AM  Show Profile
Right now its 41 and partly sunny, south of Detroit!

www.mythirtyone.com/224740
Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie. ~Jim Davis
http://urban-eco.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2012 :  08:03:54 AM  Show Profile
SW Louisiana is in the high 70s this morning. Clear day.
No rain.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2012 :  08:32:01 AM  Show Profile
Yipee! We got our rain, only .02 of an inch, but rain is rain, and we will take it. Maybe the weather pattern is changing and some more rain will come our way. It smells so good this morning. The kids want to come deer hunting, but it is still foggy, they will have to wait a little while until it raises.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2012 :  09:38:47 AM  Show Profile
Happy y'all got rain, Kennie Lyn. We were a bit foggy this morning, too. Yesterday, the farmers were burning the sugar cane fields. There was so much smoke outside it was choking.
The weather is beautiful, again, today. Temps in the low 80s. No rain.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

jill skane
True Blue Farmgirl

853 Posts

jill lillian
stacyville maine
USA
853 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2012 :  06:47:06 AM  Show Profile
Hey Girls, we have snow,woke up at 6:00 to snow falling, this is the first snow of the season here in stacyville, Mt Katahdin had some snow earlier this week but never guessed we would have this early.
Go to Top of Page

Yart
True Blue Farmgirl

143 Posts

MI
USA
143 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2012 :  07:23:31 AM  Show Profile
Its 61 and cloudy.... Suppose to hit 70 but I'm not holding my breath... LOL!

www.mythirtyone.com/224740
Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie. ~Jim Davis
http://urban-eco.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page