Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 How is the Weather in your state or country?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic
Page: of 108

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2012 :  09:14:59 AM  Show Profile
Snow!!!!! Keep warm! It's overcast here, temps in the 80s. No rain. But I think it's on the way.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

desperadosdream
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Malena
Versailles Indiana
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2012 :  09:43:47 AM  Show Profile
Here in SE Indiana it is 67 degrees. overcast and windy, windy. There has been a fine bit of mist in the air here and there but nothing much in terms of rain so far. Supposed to get some major winds etc later toward evening but then that all depends on where you go to get your weather report. I believe it when I see it coming down the pike usually. I absolutely love a good rowdy storm (I know...weird) so it makes me no difference either way as long as my children are all home so I know they are safe. Have a fabulous week all...Autumn has "fallen" and winter is on the way...Hurray!

Malena
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2012 :  11:09:08 AM  Show Profile
We could use some of that wind. It is rather muggy today. Just had a rain shower.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2012 :  05:54:44 AM  Show Profile
Raining this morning. Supposed to clear up and be a sunny day. The humidity is at 93 %!!!!!!! Muggy!!! Temps this morning in the low 70s.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

desperadosdream
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Malena
Versailles Indiana
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2012 :  07:54:07 AM  Show Profile
50.4 degrees,78% humidity and beautifully sunny today. High for the day is supposed to be 58 so all is well here. Thinking of you all today..all my farm girl friends. Oh how I wish I could afford to travel the country to meet each one and give them hugs. Each one of you is special to me and I pray for you always near or far.

Malena
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2012 :  4:04:44 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Malena, Marly and all of you for your good wishes, it is so interesting to hear of all the different weather across this great nation of ours.
We had another little shower in the night, nothing was predicted for today, a front was supposed to come in on Tuesday, so this was a welcome surpise. It is almost 5 in the afternoon and the temp is 69. The sky is has little white wispy clouds, but the sun in shining and it is a nice day.

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2012 :  4:12:43 PM  Show Profile
We may have started the day with rain, but by noon it was absolutely beautiful outside. Highs in the low 80s.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

desperadosdream
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Malena
Versailles Indiana
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2012 :  09:43:08 AM  Show Profile
56 and absolutely beautiful outside sunny and a bit breezy..love to peer out the window and see all the beautiful fall colors swaying in the breeze. Children are on fall break (even though we school from home they still have scheduled classes and licensed teachers online) so we are enjoying being lazy. Crafting up a storm while they "veg" out. Beautiful day to you sweet gals.

Malena
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2012 :  3:00:10 PM  Show Profile
Malena, I'd love to look out of any windows and see beautiful fall colors. Down here in SW Louisiana there isn't much color change. We do have a small tree in the lake with a couple of reddish looking leaves. What kind of crafts are y'all doing? I've been crocheting.
It looks like we have rain coming. It's gloomy looking outside. Not much sun today. Temps in the low 80s.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

desperadosdream
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Malena
Versailles Indiana
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2012 :  6:13:55 PM  Show Profile
Marly, Last year for some reason or another we didn't have much color in the fall everything just got brown and dropped off there were no periods of reds,oranges and golds but this year it is really pretty. I joined the tag swap which I have never made tags before. I thought it would be something new to try. I asked for 6 partners which would be 12 tags to make and for me I thought it would be quite doable as I have tons of stuff I really need to use up. I started on these last evening and now I have 14 or 15 completed and not even a dent in the stash..LOL I'm having so much fun I don't know if I'll just stop now or keep going. I also have a couple crocheting projects started, some aprons that are almost complete and a ton of birds I've been stuffing. I have so many unfinished projects I will never complete them all, quilts etc. I get bored with one thing after awhile and then switch to something else back and forth..eventually I suppose I will either finish them or pass them on for someone else to enjoy (teehee). I actually started crocheting a round rug and its turning out quite pretty but I have used a skein of yarn already and it isn't very big so I'm going to have to go get a bunch more. I do hate to have to go shop for more stuff for the stash....NOT! What are you crocheting?
Malena
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2012 :  8:47:55 PM  Show Profile
Hi Malena. You do quilts????? Oh, how I would love to be able to quilt. Quilting, at least learning, is one of the things on my bucket list. However, I've posted several times that I have tried to learn to quilt to no avail, because I have ten thumbs when it comes to sewing. I am crocheting scarves. I love crocheting. I just cannot sit down and watch tv. That is impossible for me. So, I crochet. I love to paint (oils), but haven't done that in a while.
We got a light rain this evening. The weather man says another cool front will reach us by Thursday. I love hearing that. We'll get down in the low 50s in the morning for a couple of days.
Thanks for answering my question, Malena. You are too kind.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Yart
True Blue Farmgirl

143 Posts

MI
USA
143 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2012 :  04:56:39 AM  Show Profile
Its 56 right now... But its suppose to get to 71 with some rain. This weather is just kooky.

FarmGirl Sister #1081

www.mythirtyone.com/224740
Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie. ~Jim Davis
http://urban-eco.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jill skane
True Blue Farmgirl

853 Posts

jill lillian
stacyville maine
USA
853 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2012 :  06:07:46 AM  Show Profile
Snow on Friday October 14thand Earthquake on Tuesday October 18th, WOW, Earthquake was on east coast of Maine in Portland we live in Central Maine and did not feel it here in the Mountains. My daughter and son down in Ma both called to check on us as they felt it on the North Shore of Ma. Rained since Saturday and today is to be our only sunny day for a stretch.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2012 :  07:49:11 AM  Show Profile
Overcast day. Temps in the high 70s right now. Humidity is high; 94%.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

desperadosdream
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Malena
Versailles Indiana
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2012 :  08:41:33 AM  Show Profile
65 and beautiful, humidity is only 58%... I'd love to share the humidity level from here with you Marly. I cannot do high humidity well. Jill I would love to be able to come and see the state of Maine. The pictures I have seen are beautiful. I love the mountains anywhere. I think its in my blood as most of my ancestors were mountain people. I never knew Maine had earth quakes. That is frightening I'm sure..I always think in times of inclement weather or other undesireables being away from your parents (even when you are grown) is a worry. One never knows how the other is doing. When the utility services are down or signal is bad for cell phones etc and you cannot reach out to them your mind automatically starts to think the worst. I'm glad you were all safe and sound. Enjoy the pretty day ladies..

Malena
Go to Top of Page

rphelps4
True Blue Farmgirl

620 Posts

roxanna
westport indiana
USA
620 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2012 :  08:55:50 AM  Show Profile  Send rphelps4 a Yahoo! Message
Right now it is beautiful in the low 60's, with rain moving in tonight, and lower temps. Roxanna
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2012 :  08:13:31 AM  Show Profile
Around 5 AM, we got a big thunderstorm come through. It didn't last long. The cooler weather is here. Highs will be in the 70s. For us, this is a cool front. I'm loving it.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

desperadosdream
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Malena
Versailles Indiana
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2012 :  08:37:02 AM  Show Profile
57 degrees with 67% humidity last night there were heavy showers just 6 miles from us but we got nothing but some wind here. There are slight chances for some showers tonight and tomorrow but I 'm thinking it won't happen.

Malena
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2012 :  3:43:24 PM  Show Profile
The weather man got the temps wrong. It has warmed up in the high 80s. Tonight we are supposed to be around 54 degrees. Nice!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2012 :  07:50:53 AM  Show Profile
This morning the temp was 47 degrees!!! Wonderful. I hardly broke a sweat on my morning walk.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2012 :  08:59:43 AM  Show Profile
Our house was very cool yesterday morning, I finally built a fire. We had a shower in the night last night, and it is sprinkling today. This wasn't supposed to come in until after midnight tonight. It is overcast and 50 right now. Our leaves have been changing. Most of the trees here turn gold and then the leaves fall, but various kinds of bushes turn lots of pretty red colors. We have long Indian Summers, and the mountain areas are just gorgeous this time of year, we also have Tamarack trees in the mountains. They look like pine trees, but they turn gold in the fall. They are scattered in the forest, and it looks pretty cool.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2012 :  09:46:36 AM  Show Profile
Happy to hear y'all will get rain soon. Kennie Lyn, the leaves here don't change colors, they just fall. Well, some trees will show a few reddish looking leaves for a day or two, but then it's over. About three years ago, my hubby and I, went up to Vermont just to see the colors. We drove there, and saw some beautiful colors!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2012 :  09:19:25 AM  Show Profile
A picture perfect day! Temps in the low 70s, no wind, no rain, low humidity. What a beautiful day!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

jill skane
True Blue Farmgirl

853 Posts

jill lillian
stacyville maine
USA
853 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2012 :  09:48:39 AM  Show Profile
Marlena, sometimes we have a hard time with cellphones but depends on the weather and which way you are facing. My Dads family live in Indiana, in Otterbein (spelling) have only been there 3 times once when i was small and once my husband took me out to see my 104 aunt, and one other time we drove thru to go to the Amish area. This morning it was raining now the sun is out and it is 65.
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2012 :  3:56:50 PM  Show Profile
It is 58 outside, the house was cool, so I built a fire. I am so glad it rained enough that I could have a fire. A week ago I would have probably set a grass fire from burning the wood stove. It rained yesterday, the ground is pretty wet. I tried to dig up some bulbs to transplant, but this clay soil it too sticky. Pretty day, with the sky partly cloudy. More rain is predicted early in the week.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page