Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 How is the Weather in your state or country?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic
Page: of 108

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2012 :  3:06:20 PM  Show Profile
Marly, I am glad that you are, so far, not in Isaac's path. The fires are still going. The one near Featherville, is moving slowly, and they back fired last night, but the wind is supposed to come up this evening, so hopefully the back fires will help. Just have to wait and see. There is a big fire in NE Oregon, maybe 100 miles as the crow flies from here, and for the last 3 days bombers have gone over our house every 20 minutes all afternoon and evening. The NIFC website, (National Interagency Fire Center, in Boise,) says the Enterprise, Oregon fire is big and is not contained at all. That is rough country, steep, timbered, and not a lot of roads, just like the Idaho fires. Snow is the only thing that will put out these big fires.

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2012 :  5:37:54 PM  Show Profile
I'll continue to pray for y'all, Kennie Lyn. Keep me informed, please.
Hurricane Isaac is headed more our way now. That will change daily. However, we can't wait. We've begun to raise furniture, put important things in boxes and in the car. The cat cages are ready to go, with all clean towels. Extra food in boxes to go. Got cash, and the cars are filled up.
I think this upsets my hubby more than me. I'm praying over time right now.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

knittingmom
True Blue Farmgirl

665 Posts

AnneMarie
Edmonton Alberta
Canada
665 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2012 :  6:07:51 PM  Show Profile
We just had a huge thunderstorm roll through. Lots of hail and lightning.

Farmgirl Sister #3759

"There is no foot so small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world"

"The things that matter most are not really things after all"
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2012 :  7:49:01 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Marly, I will pray for you and all your neighbors. Hopefully Isaac will run out of steam before it hits anywhere. How close to the coast are you? How far do you have to go get out of danger? Our ladies club has had programs on being prepared, but people always think nothing will happen to them. Be careful, Kennie Lyn

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  09:32:37 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Kennie Lynn: We are 6 miles from the Gulf of Mexico. We usually go about two hours north to get out of danger. We'll still have some winds, but it's the water we are most concerned about. If the hurricane hits Houston, we'll be on the east side; the worst side to be on, that's the side that'll get the tidal surge bringing the high waters.
We continue to watch the weather channel.
How is everything your way?
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4708 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4708 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  2:07:53 PM  Show Profile
We are back to our 90+ drought weather here in the Chicago area. It is so horrible out, that we can barely step out the door. Where, oh where is autumn?

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  4:58:21 PM  Show Profile
Temp today was in the low 80s. Raining. Keeping an eye on tropical storm Isaac.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2012 :  09:08:07 AM  Show Profile
Marly, How's things going today? Yesterday I heard Isaac was just going to be a tropical storm, but this morning it is back to maybe being a hurricane. I know you must be busy preparing.
It has cooled off a little here in SW Idaho, the fires are still going, but we didn't get much wind yesterday. Keep us in the loop. Kennie Lyn

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2012 :  09:26:06 AM  Show Profile
Hi Kennie Lyn: When Isaac get into the warm waters of the Gulf, it'll probably become a hurricane. We are watching closely. Hurricanes change from day to day. We have to be prepared. I have the car packed with essential items now. We go through this almost every summer. I don't mind unpacking the car if the hurricane doesn't come toward us.
Glad to hear the winds weren't too bad for y'all yesterday. Keep us posted.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1480 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1480 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2012 :  09:40:39 AM  Show Profile
Dawn, I think autumn is stuck over here in WA. For the past two days it has been in the low 50's in the mornings. Yesterday it just barely got over 60 degrees for a high. I'm bundled up in layers on this morning and toying with the idea of cranking up the furnace! Sun is peeking out though, so hopefully it will warm up soon! We are supposed to get up to 70 degrees today. I'd love to have a few more 90 degree days before summer is over.

I hope Isaac dissipates and stays away from Florida, Louisiana and other parts of the USA. My friend in Jamaica is on hurricane watch also. Also hoping winds die down so the fires in Eastern Washington and elsewhere in the country can be contained.

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

http://blueskyanddaisies.blogspot.com

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Edited by - edlund33 on Aug 25 2012 09:41:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2012 :  10:41:44 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Marilyn. I know I say I'd rather Isaac go toward Florida, but I hope it just goes away and doesn't have to cause destruction any where.
Temps are in the low 80s today, overcast skies.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2012 :  11:23:56 AM  Show Profile
Gov. Bobby Jindal expected to talk to the people of South Louisiana concerning Hurricane Isaac. I say, Hurricane Isaac because if it gets to Louisiana it will be classified as a hurricane.
It seems Isaac has turned more toward the west, headed for Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama coasts.
Will keep in touch until of if evacuated.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4708 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4708 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2012 :  2:45:42 PM  Show Profile
Marilyn, I will trade you! Today it was 80 and rained the entire day. Boy did we ever need it too. The drought has really taken a toll on IL. Everyone here keeps saying they can't wait for sweater & jeans weather! So we are all willing to send the heat West. Hope it finds you soon!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2012 :  4:52:35 PM  Show Profile
Marly, Hope you are all safe. Let us know how you are as soon as you can.
We are back to being hot, and under a red flag warning, with thunder storms and wind predicted. Can't wait for this summer to be over. Kennie Lyn

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2012 :  5:16:56 PM  Show Profile
Kennie Lyn: Thank you. We are watching the weather channels closely now. It seems Isaac keeps turning west; heading more our way. I just hope and pray it hits on our east side, and not the west side of SW Louisiana. If it does, we'll get the tidal waves. That equals floods. The car is packed. Every thing I need is packed. All I'll have to do is put my inside cat in her cage and in the car. The outside cats are already at the vets. The hurricane will most likely hit us by Tuesday, I'm assuming. So, if I'm not on Tuesday or Wed., I'll be evacuated. I'll return as soon as I can.
I just feel for who ever and what ever state the hurricane hits.
Please keep me posted on the fires. A red flag warning is not too good. Be safe Kennie Lyn.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  10:55:04 AM  Show Profile
We have to evacuate because of being so close to the Gulf. If I can't get to a computer, I'll be back when we return home.
Be safe everyone in Isaac's path. I will be praying for everyone.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2012 :  2:02:27 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness Marly. I just saw the news at the bank this morning. I never watch the news or don't even turn the tv on when hubby's not here. I saw the mayor of New Orleans on the news. I sure hope y'all are ok. I always feel so scared for all the animals at times like this. All the livestock mostly. What do people do with their cows and horses?

Let us knowhow you are when you can Marly.

Kris

Happiness is simple.

www.kris-outbackfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2012 :  5:14:28 PM  Show Profile
Marly, I am saying little prayers for you and everyone in the region afftected by Isaac. It sounds like you are prepared, and doing everything you can.
We are hot again today here in Idaho. Kennie Lyn

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2012 :  3:15:56 PM  Show Profile
How's everyone in Isaac's path? We are dry here in Idaho, and it has cooled off a little. Kennie Lyn

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2012 :  09:30:57 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Kennie Lyn. We are fine. Lots of high winds, but no high water for our area. Thank God! How are y'all doing? Are the fires still threatening?
Marly

Go to Top of Page

desperadosdream
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Malena
Versailles Indiana
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2012 :  12:22:29 PM  Show Profile
Weather in SE Indiana is hot and muggy. Was a bit overcast earlier with a slight breeze and I thought perhaps we would get some rain. No such luck so far so I decided to go ahead and hang my quilts out (now I am quite sure we will soon have a gullywasher) always do when you wash a vehicle or hang laundry out. Its good to read that everyone is safe and the some of the rougher weather has passed. I'm hoping any all in the fire areas remain that way and have minimal damage if any. Love and blessings to all. Have a great weekend.

Malena
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2012 :  12:56:40 PM  Show Profile
Marly, good to hear from you and so glad everything is ok. We are overcast today, maybe a thunder storm coming. We don't have any fires close, and the cooler weather is helping the ones in the timber. One fire in the eastern part of the state has caused evacuations along Hwy 93 out of Salmon, Idaho. But I haven't heard anything today. Hope some of the areas that have had drought can get some of the rain from Isaac. Kennie Lyn

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2012 :  1:28:00 PM  Show Profile
I'll be praying that y'all get lots of rain to help with those fires on the easter part of your state.
The sun is shining today, temps back in the low 90s. I've been cleaning up the yard.
Have a great day.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2012 :  1:18:05 PM  Show Profile
Rain, beautiful rain. From Isaac. Too late to save the corn but will help the fall crops. a couple weeks ago, someone from the Corps of Engineers was saying if we didn't get any significant rainfall by the end of September, the river levels would fall by another six feet. so here's our significant rainfall. Tomorrow as well, then should be done by Labor day. gotta love that rain.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2012 :  1:39:00 PM  Show Profile
Cindy: Very happy y'all are getting rain.
Marly

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page