Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 How is the Weather in your state or country?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic
Page: of 108

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  11:56:42 AM  Show Profile
HOT ...HOT...HOT... Today. Hoping for afternoon showers to cool things down.

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

Kammi
True Blue Farmgirl

105 Posts

Kim
Phoenix Az
USA
105 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  2:39:01 PM  Show Profile
It has cooled a little, well not much, up to 111 today. John said it rained last night, not that I could tell. The ground is sooooo dry that any moisture just dries right up. My windshield is a mess though; hmmm wonder if the sprinkler hit it.???? We do use the sprinkler system, but later at night so the plants have a better chance to absorb the water and won't evaporate too fast.

Remember… Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body. Instead, you should slide in sideways, glass of wine in one hand and chocolate in the other, in a body thoroughly used up, worn out and screaming “Woohooo! What a ride!”

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2012 :  3:02:00 PM  Show Profile
Kim: 111 degrees, my goodness. I won't complain win the temp gets in the 90s down here. You must have to water your plants often and a lot. Stay cool!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2012 :  11:19:27 AM  Show Profile
High 90's today. The valleys are smokey, but it isn't too bad here on the mountain. The sky has a slight haze, with a breeze blowing. Wind is predicted for Friday.

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2012 :  3:36:10 PM  Show Profile
High in the 80s. Rained heavy today. More rain expected.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  8:27:12 PM  Show Profile
Hot again today. We went down to the valley and the smoke smell was very strong, but it was pretty clear on the mountain. No rain in sight, and the fires are going strong. None are close to us, but we have family and friends that are affected. Scary. Hope the wind dosn't come up. Wish we had some of your rain Marly.

Go to Top of Page

Fiddlehead Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

4562 Posts

Diane
Waupaca WI
USA
4562 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  9:04:24 PM  Show Profile
We got some rain on Wednesday and Thursday! Today was the most beautiful day we have had in a long time. Sunny, no humidity and 70's. I feel a little touch of fall in the air. Supposed to be like this for the whole weekend.

http://studiodiphotosite.shutterfly.com/
farmgirl sister #922

I am trying to be the person my dogs think I am.

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  08:33:39 AM  Show Profile
Kennie Lyn, I must sound like a broken record talking about rain, rain, rain. I won't say what woke me up this morning. It has four letters and starts with an R.
I hear on the Weather Channel about the fires where you are. Please be safe. It must be scary. I will pray that the rain heads your way. How far from the fires are you?
Be safe.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  10:44:26 AM  Show Profile
It's very overcast today and mild. Yippee!! I feel fall in the air!!
Can't wait!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  12:32:17 PM  Show Profile
Linda: I can't wait for fall. The crisp mornings, the fallen leaves, and my cats running after each other. I love the fall.
Temps today around 86. Overcast again today.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  08:10:06 AM  Show Profile
The sun is shining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The temp tonight is supposed to get down to 70. How nice. I hope the weather man is right.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

desperadosdream
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Malena
Versailles Indiana
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  10:33:28 AM  Show Profile
I love reading the weather posts and wish more people would post where they are and what its like there because my husband drives a semi and he s almost never home. Feeling a bit connected with someone in the state where he is heading makes me feel closer to him and more involved with his life and what it must be like for him. Last week he was in Ghent, Kentucky..somewhere near Kansas City, Kansas..stayed at a truck stop in Missouri then onto Ashland City Tennessee....then home and out today to Maysville Kentucky then onto Ghent and now is heading to Blythesville Arkansas then who knows where...for the next 2 weeks before coming back home.

So here is my report on our neck of the woods: Southeast Indiana.. It is currently 76 degrees at approx. 1:30 in the afternoon. The sun is shining and it is beautiful out. The burn ban was finally lifted for our area after we got a bit of rain last week and we were all so excited that we could have a fire outside last night but my sinus situation wasn't really conducive to one so the kids and myself shall try again tonight. I love being able to sleep with all the windows open even though it gets cool toward morning and one wants to snuggle in a bit closer for warmth. Fall is wonderful and for me winter is even better. Have a great day everyone..

Malena
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  10:42:05 AM  Show Profile
Malena: You have a great idea there! Today in SW Louisiana the weather is absolutely beautiful, sunny, temps in the high 80s. At last, no rain.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  11:17:54 AM  Show Profile
Marly, I think I sound like a broken record, saying hot, hot, hot and smokey. Which is what we have again today. But last night we got a very small shower, and no lightning. The rain got the sidewalk wet. We did have a fire here on the mountain, possibly an arson fire, on Saturday night. It burned about 40 acres around 2 newer houses, but no structures burned. The homeowners had done a good job keeping down weeds and brush, and our firfighters did a terrific job. It was about 2 miles from us, but much closer to our cows. Not much you can do in a steep mountain pasture after dark to move cows. But we didn't have to move them.
It sounds really strange to say that when we were younger, fighing fires was kind of exciting, now it's just scary. We are older and not as able to just beat a fire out with a wet sack or a shovel. We just have to be prepared to get the water running around our buildings and trust the firefighter.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  1:11:08 PM  Show Profile
Kennie Lyn: You don't sound like a broken record to me. I'm listening to all you have to say. I get more info from you than on the weather channel. Thank you for that. We've been through two floods due to hurricanes, and sometimes I think I sound like a broken record. LOL. But, when I talk about something that relates to one of the floods, I mention it so others will know why.
I did hear on the weather radio that the fires in Idaho were spreading. Is that true? Two miles from your house? My goodness, that is a bit too close for comfort. Are y'all packed up and ready to leave at a notice? That's usually what we do for hurricanes? The last thing I scoop up is my cats. And, that's a trick.
My hubby and I are no spring chickens, but, like you and your hubby, we do what we have to do. Stay safe. I'll be praying for y'all.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Kammi
True Blue Farmgirl

105 Posts

Kim
Phoenix Az
USA
105 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  3:51:53 PM  Show Profile
Wow, I should count myself lucky that I am not in an area with fires and floods. My prayers are with all of you that are dealing with that. Here in Phoenix, AZ it is another HOT day, 106, and their idea of cloud cover is a joke, am sending a picture. If you look real close you can see " it ". If this is their idea of cloud cover, Phoenix is in trouble. Thanks to the heat, I can only garden in the early morn or after the sun goes down. John has set up flood lights out back so I can get my daily dirt/compost fix.

Hope all have a good day.

Best always

Kim
Farmgirl 4256

Remember… Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body. Instead, you should slide in sideways, glass of wine in one hand and chocolate in the other, in a body thoroughly used up, worn out and screaming “Woohooo! What a ride!”

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  4:11:29 PM  Show Profile
Kim, that's funny. I do see the little cloud! We haven't had floods recently, I was referring to pass floods; hurricane Rita 2005, & hurricane Ike in 2008.
106 degrees is awfully hot! I don't blame you for working in your yard at night, I'd do the same thing. Nice husband of yours to set up the light so you can do your work.
Have a great day. Thanks for the picture.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  09:28:31 AM  Show Profile
Kammi, I love the idea of flood light gardening. We used to do flashlight farming.
Here in SW Idaho we are having a cooler day. It is very smokey, and we have thunder storms predicted for this afternoon and evening.
And yes, Marly, the fires are growing. Some of those little mountain mining towns have been there since the 1860's, and they are threatened. The firefighters are doing a remarkable job saving structures. They wrap old wooden bulding in space blankets and run sprinklers over old shake roofs, and even have foamed buildings. We just hope the wind doesn't come up too much with these storms, that is the real danger.
At our house, when we have a fire coming toward us, we put all our irrigation water in front of our house, hitting our out buildings. We put a sprinkler on the roof of the house. We try to have dry weeds and brush knocked down. The big sprinklers in front of the house can drop the temp and raise the humidity several degrees. We did evacuate once, but didn't take much, because I really don't think the house would burn with a sprinkler running on it. We just went up on the hill beside the road and watched the most amazing show of arial firefighting. Bomber after bomber, dropping retardent, and helicopers dropping water, little spotter plans flying low and fast. It was a wonderful air show. The last time we had a fire close, a BLM guy, looked around and said, "Good job, you have a defensible space, we can do something here". That made me feel really good. Our fire season here will be over in a couple of weeks. BLM has stated that our area has a major fire every 20 to 25 years. Our last big one was in 2006, the one before that was 1986. Almost to the day. We just have to put up with little ones now.
I know that fires really aren't weather, but it seems like just one of our seasons. Later, Kennie Lyn

Go to Top of Page

Kammi
True Blue Farmgirl

105 Posts

Kim
Phoenix Az
USA
105 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  10:34:49 AM  Show Profile
Oh, we have a cold spell, it is 93.....te he te he. Well in Phoenix that’s a big dip for us from 106 yesterday. They said there is more cloud cover today. Yes we have a real cloud cover this time, not like yesterday.

Hope all is well

Best always

Kim
Farmgirl 4256

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  10:46:33 AM  Show Profile
I'm still giggling about that one cloud picture. Sounds like a name of a band? LOL. 93 is not as bad as 106! Stay cool.
Temps here today are in the 80s. Beautiful outside weather.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1744 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1744 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2012 :  10:21:03 AM  Show Profile
Iowa is clear and sunny about 80 perfect. We are lucky. Was in Alaska this summer and it was sunny and 70 most days. would go again. any one else traveled there?

Farmgirl friends are fun.
Go to Top of Page

Kammi
True Blue Farmgirl

105 Posts

Kim
Phoenix Az
USA
105 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2012 :  2:57:01 PM  Show Profile
Its 89 today, cold snap in Phoenix ...te he te he.....picture this, sweater, shorts and flip flops. We had real rain last night, wow. Was out on the porch drinking Iced Tea at 10:00pm just watching it. Doesn't happen much in Phoenix. Loved the clean smell. And tomorrow I will be picking all the weeds that pop up sooooo quickly.

Best always

Kim
Farmgirl 4256

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2012 :  5:48:22 PM  Show Profile
We had temps in the low 70s this morning, really nice. The weather was beautiful.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2012 :  09:01:03 AM  Show Profile
Kim, I am glad you got rain, it must have been nice watching the storm from your porch. Don't you love the smell of rain on parched earth and sagebrush?
It is still hot here in SW Idaho, smokey, and no rain in sight. Marly are you in Isaac's path?

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2012 :  12:59:16 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kennie Lyn: As of the latest update on the path, thankfully no. I'm in SW Louisiana. However, as you may know, those hurricanes change on a dime. We are in the process of preparing. Thank you for asking. I love the smell and sound of rain. The weather here is beautiful today, but this afternoon a few dark clouds are forming. The temp is in the high 80s with a little breeze. Nice.
How are the fires?
Marly

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page