Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 How is the Weather in your state or country?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic
Page: of 108

krissy
True Blue Farmgirl

278 Posts

Kristen
Snohomish WA
USA
278 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  1:00:32 PM  Show Profile
Supposed to be in the low to mid 70s today, which is fine with me since we've had clouds and rain the last few days. I'm looking forward to 80s!

~Farmgirl Sister #986~

http://achickenwithherheadcutoff.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Kammi
True Blue Farmgirl

105 Posts

Kim
Phoenix Az
USA
105 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  1:33:31 PM  Show Profile
Here in Phoenix we are in the 107 to 109 with some humidity, we usually have a dry heat but we are in the middle of our monsoon season. Yesterday we had an Haboob (massive dust storm), which is known to do a lot of damage. Our 3rd floor security officer could not see the next building only 100 feet away. Here, when driving in a dust storm, we learn to pull over as far as we can, turn off the lights and take our foot off the brake. However we still have a lot of accidents during one of these storms. Was lucky enough to get home before the second one hit.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  6:38:26 PM  Show Profile
Finally, a day with NO rain. Got the yard mowed.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2012 :  3:48:28 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Kammi, That dust storm sounded awful. We sometimes have them, but not that bad.
It is hot here again. Upper 90's to just above 100. We almost had a rain storm this morning. I was on the phone with my cousin who lives about 20 miles away. There was a fire not far from her house last week, this morning while talking to her, I could see what I thought was smoke just above where last week's fire was. She went and looked, started laughing and said it was a little rain storm. It has been so long I forgot what rain looks like. Kennie Lyn

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2012 :  7:58:53 PM  Show Profile
We got more rain this afternoon. Temps were in the low 80s.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2012 :  8:30:46 PM  Show Profile
It was hot today, high about 107. Supposed to be in the 90's tomorrow. And we may get RAIN!!It's been over a month since we've had rain. I had given up watering the cherry tomato plants in my front yard and I looked tonight and there are four small tomatoes on one of my plants. I couldn't believe it.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2012 :  3:36:32 PM  Show Profile
Cindy, I wish I could send our rain your way. The rain is keeping the temperature down, which is a good thing. But, my tomatoes and cucumber plants have drowned.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2012 :  7:24:11 PM  Show Profile

This is a picture of a rainbow after a really nice rain we just had this evening. A much needed rain as I just re planted my gardens. It was a double rainbow. I have pictures on my blog if you'd like to see more. You can see how everything is so green. But about 3 weeks ago it was all brown and crunchy. Really bad. then we had about 2 weeks worth of rain. Now we are back to normal again. Lots of grass mowing!

Happiness is simple.

www.kris-outbackfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2012 :  11:18:06 AM  Show Profile
Kris: What a beautiful, beautiful, picture.... All of your animals are happy with all of that green grass. Thanks for sharing. It's so nice to see you back on the MJF site.
We're supposed to get more rain today.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2012 :  3:25:12 PM  Show Profile
No rain today. The sun has been out all day, just a beautiful day.
Temps in the low 90s.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Kammi
True Blue Farmgirl

105 Posts

Kim
Phoenix Az
USA
105 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2012 :  08:31:45 AM  Show Profile
Ladies,

We did get some rain this weekend, and another dust storm, check out the picture below to see what our Haboob looks like.

Check this one out for more pictures.

http://bit.ly/MVjZuv

Have a good day.

Best always

Kim
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2012 :  10:01:05 AM  Show Profile
Wow Kammi, those pictures are really scary. Our dust storms are nothing like that.
It is hot here, but not over 100. No thunder storms predicted, thank heaven. Just blue skies. Good haying weather.

Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2012 :  10:01:26 AM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness. My sister-in-law is moving soon to Anthem Arizona. Do these things get up near there. I don't think my sister-in-law knows what she's getting into.
Go to Top of Page

Kammi
True Blue Farmgirl

105 Posts

Kim
Phoenix Az
USA
105 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2012 :  12:35:14 PM  Show Profile
Anthem is just north of Phoenix off of the I17 in some foothills, because of the down draft of the foothills she will not get the full effect of the Haboob. We historiclly get what we call dust devils, (our version of tornados, most are very small. It has only been recently in the past few years that we are getting these monster dust storms. She will just have to dust again after the storm, te he...our work is never done.
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2012 :  12:59:36 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the information Kammi. I don't she's prepared to deal with something like that.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2012 :  4:54:54 PM  Show Profile
Temperature in the high 90s today. No rain. Really hot. High humidity.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2012 :  3:10:39 PM  Show Profile
This morning the weather was absolutely beautiful, hot and sunny. I was finally getting all the yard work done. The yard is looking good. Around 3 PM, out of nowhere, rain started coming down. We had a 20% chance of rain. Oh, well... At least the temperature has come down some.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2012 :  3:30:08 PM  Show Profile
suuny and hot still, no rain in a week. :(

Teri

"There are black sheep in every flock"

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2012 :  4:51:07 PM  Show Profile
Sorry y'all haven't had rain. We have more than our share in the last few weeks.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  09:14:36 AM  Show Profile
It has cooled off a little here, supposed to be about 90 today. No rain coming. We only have 1 big fire, north of us, near the town of Stanley, Idaho. The fire is burning in steep country with lots of dead or dying timber. It will probably take snow to put it out. They are predicting thunder storms for Sunday. Our church's Ice Cream Social is that day, hopefully it will wait until late evening to storm.

Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2012 :  9:16:33 PM  Show Profile
It rained again most of the day. I even got up earlier to be sure I'd be able to get the yard mowed. No. The rain came. Tomorrow, I will just mow in the rain.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2012 :  04:20:07 AM  Show Profile
woke up to beautiful rain :D

Teri

"There are black sheep in every flock"

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2012 :  12:29:00 PM  Show Profile
I hope it rains all day for y'all. And, I hope it rains tomorrow.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2012 :  2:43:47 PM  Show Profile
Hot again today, supposed to be 100, still predicting thunder storms. Hope they wait until after our ice cream social. This next couple of weeks is always our worst time for fires. Keep your fingers crossed that the thunder storms don't come.

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2012 :  5:51:09 PM  Show Profile
We had a real thunderstorm last night. Lightning, wind, rain--I think the last one we had was in June. Now I have to mow the yard for the first time in weeks. I sure hope Oklahoma gets some rain soon.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page