Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 How is the Weather in your state or country?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic
Page: of 108

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  08:00:58 AM  Show Profile
Hot and humid again ... my poor sheep :(

Teri
White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

SandraM
True Blue Farmgirl

295 Posts

Sandra
Coldwater Michigan
USA
295 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  09:00:00 AM  Show Profile
Marly, Your prayers worked! We got much needed rain this morning. I don't think I have ever been so happy to see Rain!

Hoping that it last throughout the day.

Sandra
www.mittenstatesheepandwool.com
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  3:53:57 PM  Show Profile
I know that over half the country is in a drought. My son-in-law is harvesting sillage corn this week. (NC) They do not have irrigation, very little rain and it is so dry. They are hoping to hang on to the seed corn for a bit but we'll see.
Here in Florida it rains every day, but this am the thunder and lightening woke me up at 5:40 and boomed so loud it felt like it was in the bedroom. The sky was so black. It has been raining all day. SO wish I could send some of it to the mid-west. Keeping you all in my thoughts. So far, it has not been a good summer. At least here we haven't had any hurricanes yet. I always get so nervous this time of year. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  4:33:58 PM  Show Profile
We need rain desperately. My garden has all dried up, despite my attempts to keep it going. the blackberries are surviving cause I got a soaker hose. There are dead leaves covering lots of yards around here, my neighbor even raked some. It's supposed to rain tomorrow but I'll believe it when I see it. People are saying they haven't seen anything like this in fifty years. I know I've never seen anything like it and I've lived here all my life. It's also been hot, I think it reached 104 today. If we don't get rain soon, it will have a disastrous effect on the corn crop, affecting the economy. People who work outdoors can only work during certain hours of the day when it's a little cooler. It's scary. I have to stay mostly indoors where it's cool because I have asthma and when it's really hot and close, i have trouble breathing. On the plus side, it seems to have put a damper on the mosquito population. Looking for a ray of sunshine (more like a thunderhead) here.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/

Edited by - prariehawk on Jul 18 2012 10:07:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2012 :  4:57:51 PM  Show Profile
I'll be praying for rain for you Cindy. Louisiana has had rain for ten days now. Today, it's been sunny, but this afternoon the clouds are rolling in. Hoping and praying for rain for IL.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  04:23:03 AM  Show Profile
We got 2" in my area of Chicago. I hear the rest of the area got 1.2 or something. I hear thunder again. Hoping for more soaking rain!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My new blog - http://citychickadventures.blogspot.com/ Come visit me!

Farm Girl #790

http://pinterest.com/debbie_s/

https://twitter.com/EllieFunt

Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  05:06:19 AM  Show Profile
We got rain this morning! Yay! I sure hope it cools off too. Phew!

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://pioneerpatchworkhomespun.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page

littlegirl54
True Blue Farmgirl

61 Posts

Connie
Rio Linda California
USA
61 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  07:27:42 AM  Show Profile
Today, in the middle of summer, it is raining in California.....so much for the song, "it never rains in Californa".
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  1:58:08 PM  Show Profile
Hot and humid with afternoon thunder storms lately.

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  4:16:26 PM  Show Profile
I finally got my whole yard mowed!!!!! No rain yet. But, it sure looks like we'll get rain later tonight. Temps in the mid 90s. A beautiful day.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Sabrena Orr
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Sabrena
Olympia WA
USA
198 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  08:17:42 AM  Show Profile
Crazy weather in Western WA this past week. Last Friday night had a thunder & lightning storm that went on for hours - with actual bolts of lightening! My friends were out on their boat prior to the storm and their hair literally started standing on end from the static in the hair. Very rarely do we have electrical storms like that. We had more thunder & lightning last night, although it was higher and horizontal in the sky. Still very cool to watch.

Sabrena, Olympia
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  5:15:29 PM  Show Profile
We are getting really bad weather right now. Rain, again. I'm surprised my computer is still on.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2012 :  5:22:57 PM  Show Profile
Rain! Beautiful life saving Rain! I might get some hay after all. I keep playing the George Winston RAIN song ... it's working.

Teri

"There are black sheep in every flock"

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2012 :  08:36:06 AM  Show Profile
Teri, do you bale hay? My brother-in-law does that. Right now he isn't baling much because of all the rain we've had and continue to get. Last night we had a down pour, again. Today, it looks like more rain!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2012 :  09:37:58 AM  Show Profile
Marly, no we don't, I use all my pasture for my flock rotation. I move the girls about every 2-3 weeks. They stay much worm free that way.
We buy our hay,and this year I may have to take an equity loan on the house to pay for it! LOL! gonna be like buying gold this year!

Teri

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2012 :  10:31:02 AM  Show Profile
Do you buy hay locally? My brother-in-law sales it to Texas, but they come and pick it up. Hay in Texas, I hear, last year was rather expensive.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2012 :  10:54:39 AM  Show Profile
yes, we buy here. and you have to keep the same farmer from year to year or you will be out of luck. Think we will be out of luck anyway this year!
KY. is a funny place, IF you find someone YOU better keep them.

Teri

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2012 :  2:14:21 PM  Show Profile
I agree, Teri. The price of hay is going up.
It's raining, pouring, again! At least the rain has held down the temps in the low 80s.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2012 :  4:43:53 PM  Show Profile
Hubby is out mowing the lawn right now ... first time in 6 weeks!

Teri

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2012 :  5:14:14 PM  Show Profile
I finally mowed this passed Thursday. It's still raining here! Enough!!
Marly

Go to Top of Page

prariehawk
True Blue Farmgirl

2914 Posts

Cindy

2914 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2012 :  12:17:46 AM  Show Profile
I had to rake my backyard because of all the dead leaves, I have one barrel filled and there are still five piles out there. I decided to take advantage of the clear (and HOT) weather we've been having and got out my sleeping bag and lay down on it in the backyard and just looked up at the trees and the sky. I drove up the river road and marveled at the river and the bluffs. It's so hot and dry but there is still beauty all around.
Cindy

"Vast floods can't quench love, no matter what love did/ Rivers can't drown love, no matter where love's hid"--Sinead O'Connor
"In many ways, you don't just live in the country, it lives inside you"--Ellen Eilers

Visit my blog at http://www.farmerinthebelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

pnickols
True Blue Farmgirl

808 Posts

Patricia
Parma Ohio
808 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2012 :  4:13:15 PM  Show Profile
had a couple of days down in the 70's but short lived, back to 90's again did get some rain but not enough my grass is all brown
Go to Top of Page

westfork woman
True Blue Farmgirl

554 Posts

Kennie Lyn
Emmett Idaho
USA
554 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  11:40:09 AM  Show Profile
It has been hot here in SW Idaho, over a hundred, but it is supposed to cool down to the mid 90's. Doesn't sound like much, but every little bit helps. The sky is cloudless and very blue. No rain, and several fires. Most of the last ones human caused. Nothing close to us.

Greetings from the morning side of the hill.
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  2:46:47 PM  Show Profile
Well, SW Louisiana got rain, again, this morning. Good news, the weather man said the rest of the week looks rain free. I hope he is right! I've got lots of yard work to do.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

littlegirl54
True Blue Farmgirl

61 Posts

Connie
Rio Linda California
USA
61 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2012 :  07:12:26 AM  Show Profile
Ok, after one brief thunderstorm yesterday, we went back to the oven. It was 100 yesterday, and it's planning on being in the high 90's the rest of the week.

Life's too short to sit in a box all day. Get out and do something creative.

Farmgirl Sister 4152
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 108 Weather Report:  How is the Weather in your state or country? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page