Neecerie
Farmgirl in Training

31 Posts

Denise
Kirkland WA
USA
31 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2011 :  5:05:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Neecerie an AOL message
Maybe this is the wrong section for this, since other singles probably won't pop in here...but I was just wondering if there were other -permanently- singles out there.

And if so, how do you cope with that....I mean I don't have siblings, so no auntie-hood for me either....and the family I do have, lives 3000 miles away.

So isolation is sort of the perpetual state right now......just wondering how others in the same situation deal with it.?

The world's only Art Deco farmgirl?

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2864 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2864 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2011 :  1:49:09 PM  Show Profile
Denise
I think Dutchy(Marian) here may be a good one to talk to. She is a sweetheart that lives in the Netherlands & only has her brother, family wise, & he is in Thailand!
Are you out there Marian????
Go to Top of Page

cynfullypurple
True Blue Farmgirl

190 Posts

Cynthia
Endwell NY
USA
190 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2011 :  08:16:56 AM  Show Profile
Hi Denise,
I'm not sure what you mean by "permanently" single, but I've been divorced/single for the last 15 1/2 years and plan to remain "permanently" single in that regard. I do have 3 older boys and one 14 year old boy at home along with 3 grandkids, although they do not live close enough that I see them all the time. In fact they live in NJ, while I live in upstate NY. The remainder of my family also live 2,400 miles away on the other side of the country. I love being single and enjoy that it's just me (even though I do have my 14 year old:) ) I have a few close friends that I do things with, I belong to a spinning guild, I do crafting things, I love to read and take walks with my dog, when the weather permits right now and of course more regularly in the spring and summer. I love to go to Ithaca (a college town about 45 min away) and enjoy all the great things it has to offer throughout the year. I volunteer my time and skills to a local visitor center/museum helping to catalog items in their collection right now because I'm unemployed and it helps to keep my skills current and makes me feel like I'm doing something of value, plus I love doing it.

I think isolation can be a state of mind, more than it is in the physical sense. Spend time with friends, get involved in groups that support the things you like to do or believe in. Volunteer/donate your time and talents to a charitable organization that you would feel good helping. Mentor a child/teenager that needs a positive role model in their lives. There are MANY things you can do out there that will keep you plenty busy and therefore not in isolation, but you need to take the first steps to move out of your isolating situation.

I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for, but I hope it helps:) Feel free to email me privately if you need someone to talk to! We are sorta neighbors:)

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Farmgirl #2817
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2011 :  11:28:41 AM  Show Profile
Denise, I got divorced wen my youngest was 2, she is nealy 30 now. My marriage was quite bad, and therefore I stayd out of relationships, my choice. So good or bad, I too choose the single life. I enjoy being accountable to the Lord and myself

It is true tho, that there are times that you feel too alone. Being busy wih farmgirl things here on the forums, swaps here, and things with church keep me busy. Also, trying my hand at crafts, container gardening on my apt balcony.

Always know that you have friendships here and someone to 'chat' with day or nite!

Blessings, Linda

www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.cm

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic Solitary Farmgirls? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page