Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Magazine: Call for Entries
 HomeSafeHome
 The best way to label baskets for storage
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author HomeSafeHome: Previous Topic The best way to label baskets for storage Next Topic  

latepmcreations
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

juddaca
high point north carolina
USA
16 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  6:31:47 PM  Show Profile
I just spent 2.5 days organizing my linen closet. My kids love to make forts...out of sheets & blankets. Nothing gets folded & put away properly! So here are my 3 new ways to keep it neet: 1) baskets for several items that don't seem to do well on the shelves (old pillow cases, old sheets {for forts, togas, ghost costumes,etc.}, old wash cloths & hand towels, traveling toiletries, etc.) 2) all blankets/comforters are folded long-ways & rolled up like sleeping bags - with an old belt buckled around it, 3) all sheet sets are put together into one of its own pillowcases. My sustainability plans for this new-found neatness are my favorite: I hung a small belt rack on the inside of the closet door so that when you take a blanket out, you hang the belt up & re-use it when you put the blanket back. My teenaged son had several belts in his room he's outgrown & then I got several from the thrift store. My very favorite idea is to buy plastic-sleeved name tags - the kind that pin on. I write the item to be stored on the nametag card, slide it into the sleeve & then pin it to the baskets. It works like a charm! I can take the pin out & use string/ribbion/twine through the 2 holes that the pin goes through in the plastic sleeve & just tie it onto the wire shelves of my closet to label parts of the shelving! I looked for hours online for labels for shelves & baskets. I finally figured out that I needed something large enough that my family will see & acknowledge when they put stuff back into the closet; that would allow me to quickly/easily change the label as needed; & that was reasonably priced. They were at Office Depot. I get so pumped by a tidy linen closet in family of 6 (4 kids)!

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2011 :  05:18:30 AM  Show Profile
I love the idea with the nametags. I end up with way too many of those adn never know what to do with them. I hate throwing out the plastic

http://www.inntheorchardbnb.com/
Go to Top of Page

Penny Wise
True Blue Farmgirl

1903 Posts

Margo
Elyria OH
USA
1903 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2011 :  06:02:10 AM  Show Profile
the name tag idea is awesome!!! thank you for suggesting it!!!!

Farmgirl # 2139
~*~ counting my pennies and biding my time; my dreams are adding up!~*~
Go to Top of Page
  HomeSafeHome: Previous Topic The best way to label baskets for storage Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page