Page: of 218

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2011 :  06:12:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Just a quick hello, sleep was not so good last night...my Best friend text this morning, with text that said "call me after you quit screaming" how did she know....lol...she was right tho....waiting on Dr office to open to see if I can get in this morning...DH was doing his bible study this morning and said it was on healing so came back and prayed over my foot...so sweet...he is taking good care of me...thank goodness....my DS is coming in on Friday....doesn't look like I'm going to be able to cook his favorites while he is here....I really hate that....DH going to have to take care of everything... Bunk room Beds need clean sheets since company last weekend.. and house cleaning...hope he can do it all...but my gf did say she would come help if need be...but she lives over 2 hours away so hate for her to have to do that. Thank you ladies for your prayers...I appreciate them all...I don't want to miss the trip to Mexico so got to get better....here is a pic of Jim and me on the farm...this is one of my favorites.

I back to the bed for a bit....hate my laptop so will use crutches to come back here later to check on all...hopefully I will be at the Dr later..

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Edited by - Acelady02 on Dec 05 2011 06:14:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2011 :  08:03:43 AM  Show Profile
Penny I hope you get well soon - perhaps this is all a message for you to slow down a bit? I just went to your blog for the first time and it's really neat. I wanted to start a blog but don't know what to do. I thought it would be a good place for family and friends to stay in touch but I don't know how to post comments on anybody else's blog, or how to "follow" etc. Is there a place online that teaches the basics of this? I did right click on your pic and it saved in my pic file. Now I could go to the file itself, create a new folder called Farmgirl Pictures, and move it there. Eventually I could have everybody's photos in one place, but I don't know if you are really supposed to copy without permission. Holly I would love to see pics of you and your family so I can put the names with the faces. Quit worrying about wrinkles, gf, I can tell you that you are beautiful and wrinkles don't matter one way or the other. Our faces are just a way to recognize ourselves, its our hearts, souls, spirits that are who we are. As an artist, you never want to paint the smooth faces with no character lines, we always look for the faces that show they have lived. My favorite model when I was taking the life drawing classes was a woman in her 80's. She was blind. I think she was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. Just pure natural God made beauty.

Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2011 :  09:29:20 AM  Show Profile
Glenda - the flowers are a mystery - of sorts. The card read "Happy Anniversary from the women in the steamer trunk." I am certain that I know who was responsible but I'm going to check it out before I spit it out. We are still enjoying them at home. You can see that they are fabulous.

Penny - do you think this is the universe telling you to take it easy? I'm so sorry you are "down." what did the doctor say? By the way, that is a wonderful picture of you and Jim.

Glenda - now that I can move pictures (easily, thanks to you) what page are the pictures of you and Ed on? I went way back and couldn't find them. I know they were early in your posting here - I'm hoping you know the page #. I want to keep you close. Oh, how about one of you now? With your new perm? I bet that's cute.

Politics? Later. Family much like yours - both sides. The subject is off limits amongst us - too volatile. I very much share your opinion.

Gotta run. Dentist - teeth cleaning this a.m. Then groceries. Grandson ate everything that wasn't moving or growing. Except meat. Vegetarian. (He was running a marathon in Woodside on Saturday - stayed here while we were in SF.)

Candy Canes and Chocolate Kisses ....

P.S. Chris ... I'm so glad you picked us for your friends. You really do belong to us, you know. We love you, gf.

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.

Edited by - darlystippie on Dec 05 2011 09:31:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

Clumboy
True Blue Farmgirl

62 Posts

Chris
Walkerton IN
USA
62 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2011 :  09:34:28 AM  Show Profile
glenda--the art forum is wet canvas--www.wetcanvas.com.
it's huge and there is a ton of information on it for just about every medium you can think of. they do a lot of fun things--each month or so a lot of the "channels" do a project--the acrylic forum usually has a reference pic and you can paint it any way you want, then at the end of the time period (i think its 5 weeks) you post your finished work. the subjects are always interesting and instructive, and you just do it if you want--its not compulsory. there also is a forum where people copy classic works and submit them. the moderators on the forums are very good--and most of the people are friendly and helpful. there is also a critique section where you can submit a work and the people on that forum will give you a written (online) critique of your work. i have learned a great deal from this website and have only barely scratched the surface. its all free and worth joining. north light books is one of their corporate sponsers, but there are many others as well. hope this helps--let me know if you join! chris

not a boy--long story
Go to Top of Page

Clumboy
True Blue Farmgirl

62 Posts

Chris
Walkerton IN
USA
62 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2011 :  09:39:52 AM  Show Profile
penny--UBER prayers for your foot! i hope its only a sprain. stay off it and get it well so you can be up and running by Christmas! your blog is lovely. what did you do with those beeyoutiful peppers?
darlys--thank you- this is such a great group--i feel bad not knowing everyone better--that will improve over time.
holly--i will keep cheri in my thoughts. she is lucky to have you in her life.
we have been cleaning the basement today. since we built our new master bedroom we now have a lovely big crawlspace to move a lot of the junk into--so we can reclaim our main basement. DH wants to get his woodworking stuff organized, and i would like to just be able to move around down there without falling or climbing over something. made a good amount of progress today. time to go for lunch i think!

not a boy--long story
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2011 :  1:14:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Oh Glenda, I did the same thing, saving everyones pics...I don't think any of us mind at all...at least I don't...lol...I haven't gone to the Dr yet. DH and I are hoping it is just a very bad sprain...but have talked about it alot to day and if need be will go later this week, I just don't know if it is necessary to spend the money if it is just a sprain. DH was a Football quarterback in HS and college so had a lot of sprains and he thinks it isn't broken...so for now...I'm going with that...lol...thank goodness I have some meds from a previous injury so not in a lot of pain...thanks to that...I'm glad you liked my blog, I just went to blogspot and read about how to do a blog and started this one...it is my first also...I'm still learning how to do everything If you look on the right side of my blog it has a button that you can hit to follow the blog or you can put in your email address above that button and get updates...not real sure how the updates are sent out though...lol...

Darlys, yes I do think someone is telling me to take things easier....all I was doing was going outside to call the puppies in...wasn't watching what I was doing I guess....was in to much of a hurry...lol Thanks about the pic...it is my favorite of us....even more so than the ones we took on our cruise a few years ago...I will look for Glenda and Ed's pic too..if you find it first please let me know...

Chris, I am drying my peppers and going to mix them and use them as pepper flakes in my cooking...all of them are spicy...and really taste good....they were beeyoutiful weren't they..??thank you. I am staying off my foot. DH is being so sweet waiting on me...says I can only get up to go to the bathroom and to sneak over to my computer for a few min...but he wants me to keep the foot elevated..so I'm trying to behave...not easy for me...lol...

Ok, I'm off again and back to my bed to read and crochet....hope to check in later...

Thanks all for the prayers and hugs...I don't know what I would do without my wonderful farmgirl sisters...lots of love

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Edited by - Acelady02 on Dec 05 2011 3:20:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2011 :  1:30:32 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
It's fun reading about all you girls are up to. I don't get to spend much time here because I've got too many irons in my fire.
Maybe someday I can linger longer . .
Can't believe it's December and soon to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries!
Happy Monday!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

Through my lens - http://ceejayscamera.shutterfly.com/

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2011 :  2:41:22 PM  Show Profile
I took the pics of Ed and me out--figured everyone had seen them and the thread was getting to be pages and pages - and I wanted to post add'l pics but couldn't get them to load - but I'll put a recent one of me if I can get it to load.

hey, it worked!!!!!!

Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2011 :  3:26:03 PM  Show Profile
Glenda ... wow! Classy lady! Knockout! (Oh, did I say "lady?" -- well you know what I meant ... )

I am so glad to have a photo of you, too. Thank you.

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2011 :  5:20:17 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

Nancy Did you say he was younger than you? Girl you look good. I would not have thought he was younger than you. He is a cutie.
You did good.

Darlys 70 degrees that is not a nice thing to say when it is 18 here or if we are lucky 30.
I hope you are haveing a great time or had a great time by the time you read this post. Did anyone follow that?

Holly I have to agree with you people who have children and abuse or neglect them have no right to have children at all. Ok off the soap box.

Darlys I had to laugh at your post about your son believing in Santa. My oldest son started telling his little brothers and sister that there was no such thing as Santa
when he was about 10. I told him that Santa is the one that brings the big gifts and fills the socks. If he did not believe in Santa then Santa would not bring him anything.
To this day, he is 30, he tells everyone Santa is real. He does not want to miss out on the good stuff. LOL Yhanks for the memory. I needed a laugh.

Penny You need to just bake in that warm sun on a beach in Mexico. The rest of will keep Darlys out of trouble. Ok maybe she will keep us out of trouble.
You had better Just get well so you can keep us all out of trouble!

Darlys the roses are beautiful but not as beautiful as you. I thought I was on an over 50 site. Are you sure you are old enough for this site. Did anyone check Darlys ID for her age?

Penny You two are a great couple. It is easy to see you are both happy. Hey did anyone check her ID. I am not sure she is ole enough to be on here either.
I knew it you all are really only 30 and I am the only one over 50!.
Praying for your ankle. I know your DH will take care of everything but somethings you just want to do yourself. Specialy when your son is coming.

Glenda you are so right. It is inside that counts. Love the pic very classy.

Ok now I am feeling really old. I think we need to check ID's on some of these girls. Is there anyone out there thinking that maybe these girls are lying about there age so they came hang
out with us older and more mature (note I did not say grown up) women?

I need to get off this thing. Thank you all for sharing your ups and downs with me. I always feel beter when I have spent time with all of you.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2011 :  7:45:32 PM  Show Profile
You are the best sisters ever. The flowers are beautiful. Thank You
How did you know carnations are my favorite. :)

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  05:32:29 AM  Show Profile
Good morning all!!
Well, I agree we need to be verifying some Bd on you ladies!!! Lol!
Dianne, on you as well!!!
Such lovely pics do many of you have shared!
I need to figure out this photo bucket stuff!!
I am doing good to get the computer and iPhone turned on, lol!!

Glenda, I understand things that you shared. Perhaps, thankfully, many do not. But when raised under verbal abuse, anger and mental illness. It truly cuts at the core of who you are, become and how you think ahead to try and survive their games and manipulation.. It has taken me into my 50s to realize the mental issues of my mother. This year alone,I have put into place boundaries that work for me? I also, have long realized that real peace and relief will only come after she is gone. It is sad that it's that way for so many of us.

Well, enough on that tough topic!

Dd and I began to decorate the apt last nite. We always chuckle and have fun with it! Will get our tree on Sat. She is having a party here with many of her 'Border's' friends and former co-workers, *sad sigh*. Really miss the store, great times were had there!!

Today, I have a seeing project and farmgirl projects to get done.

Better get myself moving with that am cup!! Lol!

Hope each of you has a great day!

Blessings,
Linda
www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  07:53:56 AM  Show Profile
Good morning lovely friends. I am going to try to post another picture that is more what I usually look like. That pic was opening nite at the opera. Dianne, you are beautiful - I love the pics - it does help us to get to know each other better.
Linda, it is surprising how many of us have suffered at the hands of the very person put on this earth to protect us. But, look what strong women we are. I think the only way it affects me still (other than choosing the wrong mates because I had no role model) is that I do struggle with depression off and on. Today I woke up feeling very grateful, and one of the things I am MOST grateful for is finding you wonderful farmgirl friends.
The pic worked, many that I have tried to post say it's not a jpeg, but it is. I don't know why it accepts some but not others.
Have a wonderful, happy, thankful, blessed day, everybody. love you,

Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  09:44:22 AM  Show Profile
I have enjoyed all the pic's of you girls. You are all beautiful. Love having a pic with the name. Linda, after meeting some of your DD's friends I know you are all going to have a blast at the party. You need to send pics. You know the ones who was brought up, in a difficult family, I believe that God may have placed us there, to develope and grow into the people he had planned. Because I see the love in sincere care in all, that have succeeded the childhood. We are all strong ladies and he's taking us to brighter and better places. Especially bringing us all right here to meet up. Each one of you have been a blessing to me.
I had the best morning. Went to the high school with our GS that is graduating this morning. His grandma on his dad's side and I rode together. They put on a wonderful program with the band and choirs. They had a speaker talking about the relationship with grandchildren and grandparents. I sat there with tears, knowing this is our last breakfast together in school. Then we had a goodie table with all kind of sweet rolls and fruits. Then the real FUN was taking pic's with Santa. His best friend was there with us. For the last 3 years I've filled in as his grandmother. His GM is not able to be there.
So it was Spencer, Nat, Both grandmas and Santa. When they send the pic to me, I'll try to post it. Just another wonderful memory to add to the scrapebook.
Take care all, check in later. Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

Clumboy
True Blue Farmgirl

62 Posts

Chris
Walkerton IN
USA
62 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  1:02:12 PM  Show Profile
you are all so GLAMOROUS. me--not so much. i tell people if i don't stink, i am dressed up. years of working outside in the dirt in the summer and being covered in paint in the winter. but i am fit and strong and flexible with a sunburnt nose and dirty fingernails. and very content to be that way :-)
dianne--i would love to see more of your house. it looks just beautiful too!
its amazing how much some of us have lived through and survived to tell the tale. i think the main lesson it teaches us (if we are paying attention) is to give praise, love and kindness at every opportunity, and to treat children as if they matter more than anything else in the world. because they do.
cookie exchange at our garden club tonight. never been to one before--should be interesting. i hope they are hungry at DH's work because whatever i bring home (less a few samples) will be going there! have a great day everyone! chris

not a boy--long story
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  4:36:00 PM  Show Profile
Good evening,

I really must get lessons on how to post pictures from the man down the road who borrowed my tractor and got it stuck. He said I could bring my laptop to his house where he has WiFi and he will teach me how to load pictures.
If I own three dress up outfits that is a lot. Years ago now a woman's store in Montpelier was going out of business and I bought clothes in the reject section and they are very nice. I am not sure if they are still in style or not but they serve whatever purpose they are needed for. The restaurants around here are not formal at all. If we go to a show up in Burlington a nice sweater and slacks will do.
Today it rained most of the day. This morning at chore time was one sweatshirt weather. it cooled off some by afternoon. the weather man said this is the second warmest fall in recorded history. I sure hope the temperatures change soon.
Sleep well

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

gypsy farmgirl
Farmgirl in Training

28 Posts

Susan
Dublin OH
USA
28 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  5:56:09 PM  Show Profile
Ladies, Sisters, Farmgirls,

I made my first appearance awhile back..around the time Clumboy showed up and then I just disappeared..but Old Gypsy Farmgirl was getting swept into family dramas that had me driving to Florida, NC and other various locations...In a nutshell, my nephew committed suicide, my brother is losing his house for non payment, my sister is addicted to drugs and is severely bi-polar and my father is now in the hospital dying of lung cancer and massive heart failure. I was going from house to home to hospital to store, trying to fix, mend, clean, buy and "do" for my family what they felt they couldn't do themselves....today is my mother's birthday and I'm afraid to call to find out what new dramas are in store for our once normal, well adjusted family that took two vacations every year but now has turned into one massively dysfunctional disaster.

I tell you this to let you know I've decided to give everyone in my family the same thing for Christmas this year and I think, Tall Holly..it might be good for Cheri..Let me explain....

My favorite book when I was very little was the Golden Book, The Four Puppies. I'm sure some of you know it. It' about four collies that love the weather but then begin to cry when things go away and start to change...The wise squirrel comes along and proclaims..you silly billies..it's just the seasons and after summer comes fall and you 'll have more fun than ever! Each seasonal transition creates more tears and more explanations of the need for change and so on. As an adult, with my own problems and challenges, dealing with the additional stress and strain of all the changes my family is going through..I was trying to figure out how to maintain my sanity and still be able to help. I wrote a poem and I'm going to send each of them their own copy of The Four Puppies so they will learn to deal with change and have fun with each new day rather than give up hope because life seems to suck so bad right now: Here's the poem. Feel free to use it, but please use my name as the author if you choose to use it:

Don't Look Back

We can't go back...
We can't stop time...
But there is no need,
to cry or whine.

Let seasons change...
Enjoy each day...
The journey is the game,
and we need to play.

No quitting, no pouting...
No shouts "NOT FAIR"...
You play, you play hard,
and always, you care.

Get in the game...
Get your life on track...
Life is in front of you,
don't look back.

Susan Wolz

I'm hoping to inspire my family members, who have lost hope and are in despair right now and if you know someone who could use it..then hopefully it will motivate them as well to get back into the game of life. Good Luck trying to find a copy of the Four puppies though.., I think I bought all there was on ebay...

Susan
Farm Sister#3632

"Good communication is as stimulating as black coffee, and just as hard to sleep after."

-Anne Morrow Lindbergh
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  7:01:08 PM  Show Profile
Wow, Susan ... (Beautiful poem.) Prayers for you and your family.

I'm just here to say I'll see y'all tomorrow. I hope to catch up then. Dianne, hand over your ID or no beer for you! Holly and Chris ... pictures please.

Candy Canes, Sugar Plums and Chocolate Kisses ...

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2011 :  8:51:24 PM  Show Profile
Howdy!!
Susan, loved that! Wow, hang in there ok? And gosh most of us here relate!
Let's hope the New Year brings us a bit less stress.
Spent the evening at my Gson's school strings concert. He did great and it was a fun evening. I am a proud Gma!!
Ladies, I am realizing with my new phone and getting used to touchscreen, I am making A Lot of spelling errors. So sorry, please bear with me and I will get used to it!
Have a great nite everyone!
Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Clumboy
True Blue Farmgirl

62 Posts

Chris
Walkerton IN
USA
62 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  04:49:18 AM  Show Profile
susan-BEST GIFT EVER. beautiful and heartfelt--i will keep a copy of your poem--you never know when it will be needed by someone. in doing this you will touch lives in ways you may never know. BRAVO for you. and prayers for your dear family. i pray that God has lifted your nephew out of his suffering and he has received peace and forgiveness now. i pray for comfort and peace for your dad, and deliverance from the financial troubles for your brother. time will continue to pass--and i pray that each day brings you all closer to rest and happiness. chris

not a boy--long story
Go to Top of Page

Clumboy
True Blue Farmgirl

62 Posts

Chris
Walkerton IN
USA
62 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  04:54:56 AM  Show Profile
okay--since you asked--here i am (foreground) with a friend, kathy and duke the dog. we were visiting a slice of heaven called "the quiet corner" which is a tiny little tearoom out in the hinterlands of churubusco indiana.

not a boy--long story
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  05:34:08 AM  Show Profile
Good morning.

I had a wonderful 2 days visiting with my SIL. She had flown into Orlando where she has a vacation home in nearby Kissemme. She rented a car and drove up here to see us and drove back yesterday where she will stay for a few days. We had a good time going to our little town which is all decorated for Christmas. We also went to the Ritz Hotel here which has a huge pirate ship in the lobby made out or gingerbread. The bakers used 3000 eggs to make it. We went to to the beach and had mussels and clams at 3 meals. Luckily I adore seafood. She and my husband are the closest of the 5 children in that family so we all had lots of laughs.

Darlys you know now that I am not the one. The mystery continues. I am glad you are going to get to go in the suitcase with us.

Thelma, sounds like you and "Santa" are having lots of fun although you are very busy at this time of year. What a fun and wonderful event to look forward to every year. And you did such a great job making the outfit! As a matter of fact, the McD's was giving out free stickers for a while and we took advantage of every one we could get our hands on. They know us so well there that we sometimes get those free kid's toys from the lunches. LOL

Penny I hope you are feeling better today. How is that ankle doing? Hope it is just sprained. I know you are on crutches but that doesn't mean you can be racing in the marathon next week or something. haha. We love you and want you to be well.

Brenda, I am so glad you had that wonderful day with your DD. I miss that with my DD who is in CA. We had fun days like that so many times but the last few years she got so busy with her business she didn't have the time. The PJ's sound so pretty. No wonder you want to keep them on all day. And then you had this special morning at your GS graduation. I am looking forward to seeing some pics of the occasion. It was so special to me to be at my granddaughters' graduations from highschool. They are all grown now and my little girls are lovely young ladies.

Holly another yummy idea for a meal that is irresistalbe. Crepes for dinner, lunch and breakfast. I made a quiche and we had it for breakfast and lunch. So good. But the crepes will be next for me. I am loving cooking because my DH appreciates my food.

Somebody, how do I copy and paste the pictures of you all to save them? I am trying and the only one I have been able to do is Glenda but it copy and pasted the whole page. :( Now that is not good! The whole page I mean.

Susan, what a beautiful poem...so full of truth and hope. I have copied it and will pass it on to my family and for those who may need it. That is a lovely gift. You and your family are in my prayers. I pray that the new year will bring peace and comfort as well as better circumstances.

Chris love the picture. There you are looking so good and with that cute dog, Duke. Is he your dog? That tearoom looks inviting. Can I come and have tea with you?

I have an exciting day today. I have laundry, ironing, some sewing and a trek to the post office. At least all my Christmas presents are finished. I and DH have the crochet game set up out in back. He plays one handed and beats me almost every time but I keep at it. One of these days I will show him. I don't know how he does it swinging that mallot with one hand and winning! The nerve!! LOL It is really fun playing on the grass and watching the ball go every which way.

You all have a nice day and keep warm if you are in the cold places.

Hugs and squeezies,

Nancy #2301

Laughing is good exercise. It is like jogging on the inside.
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  07:32:35 AM  Show Profile
hi gals!
susan what a beautiful poem. brought tears to my eyes. What a lovely spirit you have with so much going on in your family. You all will be in my prayers.
Glenda, love the picture! loved all the pictures - you gals are outstanding!

chris, wish i could have gone to the tea room with you...i would love to visit one. Teatime magazine is one of my favorites (2nd only to mj's)

nancy, a couple of years ago i had to go to San Antonio for a conference and in the lobby of their hotel they had a gingerbread alamo. It was impressive to say the least.

Thelma you and your Santa look wonderful. I know he is a lot of fun..
well, i am at work but tonight i want to make something creative - i just cannot figure out what! my sweet dh use to say that i was blessed to be able to do so many crafts but i have a hard time deciding on which one to do anything with.
hugs
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  08:00:12 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Everyone

It is cold this morning. 13 degrees when I got up and moving. It looks like that is all we are going to have for a while. Just clear and cold. It would have to warm up to snow!

Glenda I like both pics. We all have diferent sides to our personalities. It helps to know you a little better. You can be glamorus and down to earth.

Chris Thank you. That is my favorite wall in our living room. I inherited the family pictures from my mother. It took me a while to figure out how to display them.
I am still looking for and old frame for my mothers parents. It's just cheap metal frame, but it works for now.

Holly I think you and I have about the same number of dress up clothes. I am so much more comfortable in my jeans. We are headed to dinner in Boise, thats the big city around here, for dinner Saturday.
We will wear our jeans (clean of course) and nice sweaters or shirts. There are really fancy smansy places in Boise, but neither my DH or I are comfortable in those places.

Susan that is truly a wonderful poem. Thank you for alowing us to use it. You are right, seasons change. One of my favorite saying is "This to shall pass" because good or bad things change.
I will keep you in my prayers as you face the changes in your family and life.

Darlys I promise I am old enough!

Chris you are lovely. Yes you! and your friend looks like the two of you had a good time. I love tea rooms. My gf and I go to one here in Weiser every now and then. Just for fun.

I read all of the really fun stuff you all are eating for dinner and I think of the boring stuff we are eating.I made beef stew the other day, fried chicken last night, and a pot of chilie in the slow cooker today.
Help I need to liven up the dinners in my life!!

Janie I like to call my self an eclectic crafter. I do a little of this, and then I try that, then I move on to something else. I have my stand bys for travel, but I like to do different things.

I need to get moving and get to work. :( Days like this I want to stay were it is warm. I am thinking of a beach with warm sand, cool ocean, iced tea in hand. The need for sun tan lotion. :)
Oh yea I was sapose to be going to work not dreaming.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2011 :  10:52:18 AM  Show Profile
Ho Ho Ho everyone. I'm on the go, seems like every organization I belong to is having a luncheon this week or next. I cook or make something, I go, I enjoy! fun. When I'm home I'm sewing Christmas gifts. Of course Santa and I are on the move too. I'm trying to read your posts, but don't find time to chat myself. Keep the photos coming! I enjoy them alot! Later.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page