Page: of 218

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  3:29:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Thelma.....Oh are you building a wind mill???? or something solar powered..????

Darlys, thank you for the pics....love being able to put a face with the sweet farmgirl you are....hugs...oh did I tell you that my favorite flower smell is gardenia? And I love colorful bracelets....<grin>

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  3:30:26 PM  Show Profile
After Mexico, I'll vote for going to Bora Bora in Thelma's trunk. Or, Jamaica ... someplace warm and balmy. I was just looking at photos of the St. Regis in Bora Bora .... ahhhh. We wouldn't need much in the way of clothes. Holly can lead the parade! She's probably the most capable - except there won't be a TV for her to take away when someone is exhibiting anything less than proper behavior. Of course, nobody WE know would need a time out.

Thelma ... I thought I'd nailed it after Nancy came on with the same scenario. And, really, although pigs don't fly "Santa's reindeer" do. You are being a tease. We wanna know!

I've been on too much today. I really need to get a few things done before the day is.

Chocolate Kisses ....

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.

Edited by - darlystippie on Nov 30 2011 3:31:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  4:56:04 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I do not take the TV away for bad behavior I take it away for not associating with the other family members, being mean and not completing your responsibilities because your face has been too close to the TV for too long. Bad Behavior I have other nasties I do for that. Like holding hands. That is a particularly awful punishment for some of my children when they have been snipping at each other for too long. You are right we would be too busy to want to watch any TV.

Geez i have not worn a bikini in years. Do people even wear bathing suits in Bora Bora? I think we can not leave immediately if Thelma had bean soup for supper. It would not matter for the rest of you how much listerine or how much deodorant anyone wore.

I think Thelma should send her clues to Will Shortz the game master for the New York Times and on Saturday morning on NPR.

I hope Dianne that you get snow soon so you can get those trees in to decorate. Snow machines do not run very well on grass and gravel. We would like a lot of snow as well so when your ice pack is sizeable just tell those clouds to keep on moving east. Do you know anything about gold prospecting in your fair state? My brother is thinking of buying a gold claim and going out next summer to prospect. Last summer he went to Oregon. I guess he did alright. He said he did not make expenses but he did seem to have some money when he returned.

Darlys thank you for the nice picture. I am very glad to have a picture in my head of what you look like. I hope you have a nice stay at the fancy hotel in San Francisco. I have never been. My appliance repair man's daughter husband and two small sons live there. He was here today. He blew the dust out of the motor of the dryer and it started to work. He did a couple of other things first and they did not work. He worked on the leaky washing machine. I oozes water when it spins. It did not do it when he finished with it but it did do it the first load after he left. I am going to try a different type of laundry and see if it still does it. Jim told his wife I was looking to adopt him and that is why I keep calling to have him come over. He is my age maybe a couple of months older. He said he would love to be Ross' brother they could have a good time together.

Penny I hope your baby boy does not have rotator cuff issues. They are nasty.

I think that Thelma and her dh are building a landing pad for magic carpets. the shingles are for the roof because carpets do not fly when they are damp. Pigs don't fly but magic carpets do. The thieves in Aladdin and the Magic lamp lied. I think though that the landing pad will need to be softened with something because we do not want to bruise our delicate posteriors before we go on vacationto Bora Bora. Iknow I am right this time. I am sure I will win the twenty points this time. Big wide grin.

supper tonight pork chops with garlic gravy, biscuits and baby carrots.

weather still very cloudy and unseasonably warm. the only snow left are parts of the piles the snow plows left.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  5:10:37 PM  Show Profile
Nancy - Way back on page 131 you used the wrong soap! LOL!!

Welcome Janie Angela, and Donna! I'm sure by now you are all regulars and wondering who I am? I pop in now and again :) but it seems like less and less right now. And two more New Englanders, YEAH!!!

Penny - Im' sorry your Dad died to young too. My real father died at the age of 42. It's hard, but I'm sure they would both be very proud of their girls.

God blessed us with a wonderful step father though and we all call him Dad. He married Mom and four kids, brought two of his own with him, and they raised us 6 in the late 60's early 70's with all the turbulence and two sons in Nam. His wife had also died. But they stood behind each other no matter what and have a great faith in God so we all turned out alright eventually. They never treated us differently either, we were all his and all hers.

He's 92 and one of the reasons I haven't been on here. He's been in and out of the hospital and Mom's on the phone with me every night. We had hoped to go there for Thanksgiving but our bank thought it would be a better idea to pay our taxes 11 months ahead of time and "give us a loan" so we canceled the trip to pay the "loan" back. Talk about MAD! I sure did let them know I was not happy and what they had done to us. I'm not sure it's even legal! But if we had't paid it back our mortgage would have gone up monthly and we like to be as debt free as we can be with a low mortage. All in the name of saving us $56.00 by paying it once a year rather than twice. GRRRR So needless to say, DH and I did nothing Thanksgiving because the family here all made different plans thinking we'd be gone.

Actually, Thanksgiving evening we drove an hour to the nearest WalMart to see what Black Friday was all about. Had never done that before. Got there and found out because of Maine's blue laws they couldn't open at 10 pm and wouldn't open until midnight. We weren't about to stand in long lines so we went to Denny's and had coffee and pie. It was the only place open in Ellsworth! Guess we won't try that again. Instead I caem home, got on line, and ordered everything for Christmas and am pretty much done except for the items I am making.

The other reason I haven't been on at all is I am so busy working.I work my day job and then come home and have orders to pack every night, which is a wonderful thing of course. My "night" job is selling treats to indoor bunny owners on Etsy and I literally have had 1 to 8 orders every night! Who'd of thought people would buy my dried fruits, sticks, and pinecones, etc..., lol. Guess it will pay for those taxes I just reluctantly paid on my 60 acres! So we are also busy making more product up! When it rains, or should I say snow, it snows!

Patty, you can always send your GD to me! I'd be happy to put her to work learning to make Christmas presents. The pics are adorable of her making her preseents! How's Jake anyway? You've got a full house for Thanksgiving!

Then there are all the piles in my office. I am normally a neat freak but right now you can barely walk into my office it's so full of stuff.

My daughter came home this past summer and cleaned out the attic of her high school bedroom I packed up and put in there a few years ago (so I could have my office). She decided to get rid of her Nancy Drew books. Since I haven't had a yard sale or given them to the local thrift store, I decided to make her a case for the Kindle she's getting for Christmas. A close friend is a die hard ND fan so I decided to make her one too. I must say though, I had a hard time taking the actual book out of the hardcovers because her books are in mint condition.

I am also making tea bags up for boxes of tea for my future SIL ( I have a huge herb garden). I took an old 9 drawer "cupboard" that sits on a table, that Alana was also getting rid of, and painted it and scanned old decals I have onto my computer and made new ones for the "cupboard" and also for two trays I painted. The decals for the cupboard are from the 40's or 50's and are of dishes that look like Fiesta and she collects Fiesta. It should be a nice thing to put small things in, in her kitchen. I wonder if she will know it's her old pink thing she was throwing out! Since my focus is on "the home" for her this Christmas I also made her a recipe box & got her two great books I'm not sure I want to give her, I like them so much. One is Good House Magic by Natalia Marshall and one is Planet Home by Jeffrey Hollender. Got them for 75% off when Border's closed. Since they are getting married next fall and have already moved in together, I may as well start getting them stuff they need.

I also have wreaths to make yet and more stuff I can't remember right now, but it's here in these piles! Oh yes, a stocking for one of my swaps on MJF. Just not enough hours in the day and why do we have to spend so many at a job! I'd much rather be home crafting all day, gardening in the summer, and enjoying life!

Dianne - LOL about you finding you had a name after the kids left! So true!

OMG - I'm only to page 134! Guess I will post this now and try to catch up on the rest without comments. I'd be writing a book otherwise!

One more thing, my hubby finally goes back to work tomorrow! After 5 months at home, 4 in bed, I am so happy he can go back. He isn't 100% healed but he can at least be there in his office, he just has to stay away from the inmates.

Oh yes, another thing, was it Nancy that wants snow, no it was Dianne, right?? Did you get it yet? The day before Thanksgiving we woke to a surprise snow storm and got 10-12 inches here. Yet down in Portland my DD got only about about 1/2". By the time I finished shoveling the walkway and to the chickens I said, that's it, we're getting a snowblower! Here it is one week later and it's all melted! But my snowblower came with the UPS guy today so I'll be ready for the next one!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com
www.etsy.com/shop/cybertiques

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey

Edited by - Oggie on Nov 30 2011 5:12:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  7:11:25 PM  Show Profile
Thelma I am at Ed's tonite--he is a retired geophysicist - I gave him your clues to ponder, he said "gee, i dunno" and went back to Fox news. this guy finishes the crossword in less than 20 minutes and doesnt do sudoku less than 5 stars reads quantum physics for fun - and he dunno either.
i am losing sleep over this

and Darlys, ok,alright alreaady you can go if you will just stop whining,and I'm with Holly - no bean soup prior to departure

Welcome back Ginny we missed you. Have we lost Desert Willow Betty?
Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Nov 30 2011 7:19:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  05:05:38 AM  Show Profile
Morning!!
I have a couple pages to catch up on! Of course, lol!!
A couple prayers and good thoughts??
This morning DD goes to a hosp hearing that will allow the hosp to keep her Sil for as long as needed to get her well. Hopefully the judge rules the right way. Otherwise, she will be released and it's back to square one!!
Also, this am a dear family friend gets details and treatment plans for her cancer, which was recently found to be back again. Prayers for her, please!

Gosh ladies, there seems to be so much tough things going on with our friend, families!!!
It hurts each of us !

On lighter notes? Going to have the Gkids while DD is at the hearing. Taking them to school and my other DD and I will take my 'newly' 4 yr old gdaughter to a story time at Barnes and Noble. Looking fwd to time with her. She always makes us laugh!

Hope to catch up later and post tonite. Time for that am cup and a shower to get ready.

Farmgirls hugs,
Linda
www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Edited by - prayin granny on Dec 01 2011 05:15:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  05:44:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Good Morning,

Guess what, I'm alllllll better....cold here but sunny...

Darlys, I'm so glad you are getting to go on vacation with us....now guess we better not hide in the same suitcase or we might get in trouble...

Holly, I agree no bean soup before we leave...oh my, that wouldn't be any fun...Thank you on my DS...I hope it isn't rotator cuff too but from the way he describes it, I'm afraid it might be. I have a small tear in my right shoulder but don't want to get it fix...so it is do as I say not as I do...lol Ohhh your supper sounds wonderful....yummy..

Ginny, I'm sorry to hear your Dad died young too....I was only 8...but also was blessed with a great step father....He was in my life for 24 years before he died. I learned alot from him and was blessed to have him in my life since I was 11. Also got a little sister from it....lol...she is the same age as my oldest son...well six weeks younger...lol...now that was strange and fun being pregnant at the same time as my Momma. I'm sorry to hear your Dad as been in and out of the hospital and that you couldn't make it there for Thanksgiving....banks...dang.... I'm glad your bunny treat business is doing so good tho... You sound very talented...love the sound of the tea box....post pics when finished please... 10 to 12 in of snow, wow....we got about 8 last year which is almost unheard of for our part of Georgia...we got snow 3 times...we usually just get ice....it was so pretty...

Glenda, if Ed can figure it out...don't know we will ever be able to figure what Thelma is building...lol

Linda, I sure hope the judge rules in the families favor...I will keep the situation in my prayers...have a great time with your Granddaughter.

Well I'm off to Columbia to take my friend her truck that she left here...she road back with her BF instead of driving...I think it was just an excuse to be able to spend some more time with me...she has to bring me back to GA...little over 2 hour drive...think she is going to spend the night...lol...things people do....hope everyone has a great day...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  06:44:11 AM  Show Profile
Good morning sisters! GD spent the night with us, my DD and GS went to Springfield, mo. to tour the college and get information. I can't believe I'll have 2 more going to college next year. And one graduating from Kentudy State this summer. Man does time fly. Anyway took GD to school and will pick her up at 3:30. In the mean time, going over to check on the puppy at their house and putting up Christmas lights for my mom and than try to do ours. Then I have to get serious about my swaps and get them finished and in the mail. Penny so glad to hear you are feeling better, sending prayers to all that dealing with all the colds and flu. Today it's suppose to be in the 50's and this weekend, maybe some snow. Linda I'm praying for your DD during the trial, For her SIL's safety. Because of insurance, so many are sent home way before they should. Got to tell you Thelma has got me guessing, but I know she'll probably blow our minds when we hear what it is. haha Well wish I could just spend my time hidden in my craft room, but life goes on. Hugs,Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  08:22:37 AM  Show Profile
TONITE is one of those nights I can not sleep no matter what.
so I' m reading back over some of the older posts.
Nan I would be interested in hearing about your bee keeping. I am interested in doing that.
What amazing creatures they are.
Linda you mentioned that you were trying to grow container gardens. That is mostly what I did this fall I got a big tub with a hole in the bottom and filled with organic garden soil and planted swiss chard, broccoli and spinach. the spinach didn't make but the swiss chard has been great and just enough for me. I planted butter lettuce in another pot and it is so nice to go out and break off a few leaves when I want fresh salad. On pinterest I pined a pin that says you never have to buy onions again, shows you how to plant some in a bucket or pot and they just keep multiplying. I have been successful in growing herbs in pots for years.
I have thyme that is hanging out over the pot, and a big pot with strawberries. Then I have tomatoes, chives, burnet, tarragon and several mints in the greenhouse. We were speaking of beans further down in the posts and i have learned to put a can of fire roasted tomatoes and a couple handfuls of swiss chard in my pinto beans, along with onions and garlic and it is delicious.
I add the swiss chard toward end of cooking time.
Patsy, Etsy says anything 20 years old can be classified as vintage. In that case you could describe my stuff as ancient or maybe relics. And you should get a dog. It does help to get over missing a pet that you've lost. Your swivel sweeper story was funny. My ex was an inventor and he invented years ago a contraption like that
to put in the pool and it puttered around and caught the debris that fell in and stayed on the surface of the pool.
Darlys you look about 40. Love your hair. and that sassy grin - no surprise there
Janie, hang in there girl and write to us - it will help you through the rough spots. I leave my solitude and come to the city where i can have lunch with friends, do a little shopping and have dinner out with Ed. It definitely helps with the depression. Some solitude is good and seems us creative types need a certain amount of it, but too much will definitely bring on the depression. so even if you have to make yourself get out, please do try to do it. Journaling is also a big help. I write 3 handwritten pages every morning no matter what. it will change your life if you will do it. The trick is no one reads it, you just do a 'brain drain" and write what is in there regardless ofhow it sounds, even it its not complete sentences, just write it down and put it away.
I am so glad to learn about the carharrt jackets. I looked them up and think I would like one of the insulated sweatshirts as it would not be so bulky to work in.
Penny update us on how you are feeling. Also we need updates on jake and logan. Brenda, hope Pam knows we are all here for her and prayers are sent out every day. It is a powerful thing as we all know. Darlys remind us of when you go to doctor and when the surgery takes place. I have a similar problem but putting it off as long as I can. Doesn't give me much trouble unless I stand on my feet too much. I had meyer lemon trees and key lime trees when I lived in florida and I had them in my pots in greenhouse here for a while but a few years ago when my life got all messed up we let everythng die, I sure loved those lemons though, they are sweeter than the other kind. Dear Darlys, how bout you bring some of those wonderful lemons on our trip?
Also congrats on the anniversary--I have been to SF twice and just loved it. Once stayed at the Fairmont or Fairmount? I think its called, a wonderful old hotel at top of nob hill, and the other time we stayed closer to the downtown area.
Well I think this caught up with some of the comments I read but never got a chance to respond to.
Oh wait, Penny, your boy with the rotator cuff problem-you tell him if he doesnt take care of it he will end up having to have the surgery which will put him out of work a long time, and later in life a shoulder replacement, according to people I have known with this problem. These kids don't realize that what they do to their bodies now will come back to haunt them when they are our age.
ginny I'm so happy for you that your husband is recovering and hopefully life is getting back to normal. I know what you mean about the bags of projects everywhere - that's what makes it fun.
Prayers for all of you who are dealing with loss of loved ones during this time of holiday celebration, I know that makes it hard, and prayers for all of you who have loved ones battling health issues now.
Love and blessings, glenda

Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Dec 01 2011 08:30:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  10:08:43 AM  Show Profile
Holly, It isn't even 8 a.m. yet and my mouth is watering for porkchops and biscuits! Okay, that's what we are having tonight. Last night we had chicken with broccoli and shell pasta with a cream sauce. (Sound familiar?) It wasn't exactly chicken divan because it didn't make it into the oven with topping before we ate it all.

(Yea! Glenda said I can go to Mexico!!!! I love you, gf! Thank you, Nancy and Penny for lobbying for me! I'll be a good as I can. ) Glenda, I'll pack some of those lemons ... we will probably need them for garnishing exotic "beverages." And, gf, you say some of the nicest things! "40" - can I come live with you? Absolutely, I will keep you posted on the surgery stuff. Not something I'm looking forward to - but I understand that life should be so much more pleasant afterward. Maybe we could talk ... see if our "symptoms" are the same.

Hey babe, you stayed at the Fairmont ... one of the most exclusive hotels in SF -- on Nob Hill? Nice!

Holly, I don't think we'd have any difficulty "relationshipping" (that's a new word I just made up) - but we won't need a TV anyway. And, well, now, holding hands doesn't sound like bad punishment at all. Might work for the kids but you are going to have to come up with something better (or worse) than that to keep the farmgirls in Bora Bora in line, gf! Oh, hey, just let them run amuk. Maybe we can film a reality show and make millions. You fell in the MANURE?! Forget filming in Bora Bora ... we'll just take the cameras to your farm!

The same Thelma who doesn't have hot flashes also eats bean soup. Do you think maybe there's a connection?

I want a greenhouse in Oakhurst. DH says "what for?" What For!!!! I'll get my greenhouse ... he can't say no to me.

Linda, have you googled "antiquing furniture?" I saw it on HGTV, too. But I'm betting there are a lot of how to sites. I have educated myself about subjects many times over on the internet.

I was just thinking about Desert Willow Betty, too. We may have to hunt her down. She's doing that newsletter and probably a zillion other things ... but I am concerned that she is well. So many have been dropping with the flu and colds and such.

Penny - so glad you are 'bout well. Now stay well.

Glenda, your Ed sounds like a rocket scientist ... he could probably figure out Thelma's "thing" if he tried. Fox News though????

Linda, have a wonderful time with the grandkids ... and especially the 4 year old. I hope and pray everything is going to turn out for the best and that your DD's SIL remains in the hospital.

Ginny - Good to see you. You are amazing! How do you do all you do? An aside, though. I cannot believe how banks can just arbitrarily mess with people's lives. Banks won't accept payments from people trying to catch up ... restructuring is for the most part a bad joke with a paperwork nightmare and the beat goes on. But what they did to you is out of the realm of sanity. Where do they get off pulling a stunt (for lack of a better word) like that?!

On the brighter side: So glad to hear that your hubby is almost mended. I'll bet that will give both of you a new lease on life!

Once again I have gone on and on and on - so it's time for me to get off, get off, get off - get out of my jammies and get going. I have been a slug M, T, W ...

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  4:13:23 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

We are having really strange weather for Dec. Clear, cold, butt sunny. Where oh where is my snow?

Ok now that I have moaned about the no snow, let's see if I can get the rest of the posts read.

Brenda I will add your SIL to my prayers. My DH has an aunt that is in stage 4 cancer. Please keep her in your prayers.

Holly Where would you get horsetail mushrooms. I don't think I have ever heard of them?

Penny I will keep you boy in my prayers along with your back. Encourage him to get it looked at.
One of the ladies I use to work with hurt her shoulder at work and has had 2 different surgeries
because she did not take care of it right away.

Everyone is welcome to come with us when we go hunt for our CHristmas tree. Dec. 10th, mark it on your calender.

Glenda thanks for the invite to Mexico. What part are we going to? Can I ride in the carry on with Holly? There should be room if
all you have is a bikini. Oh and the pool boy.

Darlys Great pictures. It is nice to put a face to the post.And i know what you mean about a guy in the photos. We went to Alaska
a couple of years ago and this guy (my DH) just kept showing up in all my pictures. LOL

Holly when my kids were younger I would make them hug each other and say they were sorry. You would have thought
I asked them to do some horriblr thing. LOL Thanks for the memory.
As for gold, My Dh has done a little. He is just getting started with prospecting. He got a little doing some panning in a couple of streams.
He said noe he has an idea where to look. There are some really good areas for prospecting. Tell him to do good research.

Ginny As you read at the start of my post NO SNOW!:( Yes it was me)

Glenda Logan is all better and back to old self. The Dr. says it will take a couple of months for the lumps to go down but the infection is gone. Praise God!

Darlys I had that surgery a year ago. Do what the Dr. tells you! He told me to take the first 2 weeks and do nothing but rest. I did and I was fine. My SIL didn't
and she had to go back and have surgery to fix what she ripped up in side. She is ok but who wants to do that surgery twice?

I think I have now read through every post. I think. If I missed you I am sorry. I promise to get on at least every other day if not every day. I miss all of you
when I am not reading about what is going on in your lives. I never had sisters so this is really awesome to have so many sisters.

DIanne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  4:53:45 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I would like to hear what you all dreamed up for supper. I need some ideas. My dd is complaining that all we ever have is meat. Tonight we had meatloaf that I put the left over brown rice in with some ripped up pieces of bread, some chopped garlic and a couple of eggs. I put some in the bottom of the pan and made a raised edge. I filled the depression with cheddar cheese and put the rest of the meat mix on top. I thought it was pretty tasty. We had string beans as well. First of the month we go shopping. Need to make menus so we know what to buy at the store. It is not so much supper as lunches and breakfasts that we run out of variety.

Ginny you sure do sound busy. I was just thinking we had not heard from you. I am glad your dh can see the light at the end of the tunnel with his illness. feet right? I saw a t shirt in the Southwest Indian foundation catalog with a snowy owl on it and thought of you.

My brother seems to be a good researcher when it comes to subjects he is interested in like gold panning. He will do alright.

My dad was a chemical engineer who invented the patent to remove asbestos from talcum powder. He proably would have gotten along well with Ed and Glenda's ex although I am not sure that he would have watched fox news. My e too conservative for him.

If you do a search on horsetail mushrooms there seems to be a lot of informatin out there. There was a livestrong site as well that talked about them.

Diane you can ride in the carry on with the pool boy and me. We will need to make sure that we do not make the overhead compartment pop open when we are playing poker with the pool boy. It might upset the stewardess.

Today was in the thirties. A beautiful blue sky. I make a duplex chicken box this afternoon. Nothing fancy. I hope the little dears will use it and stop hiding their eggs. It is not like they do not have four boxes already. Some of them sure are picky about their nesting places. I hope it stays cold so the pig pen dirt stays frozen. They have rooted the entire second pen and when the temperature raises the soil turns to slop. They will be done in on December 16. I do not want to have to create a new area for them because this one is too mucky.

Glenda sorry you are not sleeping. Sometimes I have nights like that. I like to read science fantasy bbecause it is nothing like my life and I do not spin on it and because the plot takes very little brain power to follow.

come on new people jump right in and join the chat. I am terrible with names so tell me what is happening in your life on your lane.

Have a good night everyone. Sweet dreams.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  5:06:02 PM  Show Profile
Darlys - Hurray! You are the first one to guess one of my clues. Pigs don't fly, but Santa's Reindeer do. One million points for you! Tomorrow is the big day to share our secret. I haven't tried posting any pictures yet so I hope I can get one up for you gals. I'll work on it.

I rocket scientist - Oh my goodness I am speechless

Clue #1 shingles and bricks
Clue #2 we tell lies
Clue #3 we don't care about the brice of gas
Clue #4 Pigs don't fly----------but Santa's reindeer do. (solved)
Clue #5 I can't keep Darwin's clothing clean.

Ladies I am so thankful that I have met all of you here on over 50 chat. I have laughed with you and at you, and Ihave shed a few tears over the serious troubles in your lives. I posted these secret clues to lift your spirits.

Today is a humbling day for me. As of midnight I became eligable for medicare as I have a December birthday. Where did those 64 years go???????????

Until tomorrow my dears or whenever I figure out how to post pictures.

Edited by - Thelma on Dec 01 2011 5:11:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  5:26:37 PM  Show Profile
Dianne I will for sure put your DH's Aunt. And thank you for prayers for Pam. You just don't know what to say or do for them. You don't want to overstep but than again they may just be waiting for us to ask questions. Has his aunt taken chemo? What is her name, so I can add her to my list. Take care, Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  5:45:14 PM  Show Profile
I am ready to cry. I want to post picture so badly, but just can't figure out how. The FAQ isn't helping.

I have a very special picture to share with you gals. Can anyone help me?

Edited by - Thelma on Dec 01 2011 5:51:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  5:52:15 PM  Show Profile
What am I doing wrong?

Edited by - Thelma on Dec 01 2011 5:54:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  6:09:20 PM  Show Profile

Happy December everyone

Now can you figure out the clues?

Edited by - Thelma on Dec 01 2011 6:44:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  6:11:55 PM  Show Profile
I just jumped on to read for a minute. Thelma! Are you on our birthday list? You gals who came in here (just on this particular forum) recently .... Penny is our birthday list supplier. She will send us updates once a month. But for now ...

Happy Birthday to You...
Happy Birthday to You...
Happy Birthday dear Thelma ...
Happy Birthday to you!
And many more ... from someone waaay more chronologically gifted than you!

(Please send me your mailing address. I love to send cards. Even belated. e-mail: tippie@sti.net)

Love, hugs and

Chocolate Kisses, gf ....

P.S. I haven't time right now ... but if someone else doesn't help you with the pictures first - I'll give it a go tomorrow. oxoxo

Edited by - darlystippie on Dec 01 2011 6:13:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  6:33:03 PM  Show Profile
Darlys, It isn't my birthday until December 28th when I turn 65. When you go on Medicare it starts on the first day of your birth month. Yes I am on the birthday list. I was wondering if any other names have been added.
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2011 :  8:55:51 PM  Show Profile
- Thelma I imagine Darwin gets pretty dirty going down those chimneys--is that pic you and DH? wow what a handsome couple!! LOVE the costumes!!!

Holly I used to take one egg and mark it and leave it in the nest that I wanted the girls to lay in and it worked pretty well. don't know why they like to lay in the same nest but mine always seemed to.
Thelma medicare is great - don't believe all that baloney about getting old. it gets better and better, and I'm not kidding. and that can't be you in the pic--NO WAY is that gal 65!!

We are going to Playa Del Carmen, girlfriends on the Mexican Riviera. We leave on the 17th and come back on the 22nd. So you will be back in time to have Christmas with your families. So get out your bikinies and dust them off - but bring your fat pants too because this is an all included deal where you can eat all day long if you want to and the drinks are free, too. Boy are we going to get in a lot of trouble--I can see it coming. You all have to agree to help me keep Darlys under control...you know how she gets.
Yes, Ed is a big bore when it comes to politics. My ex is an electrical engineer and inventor. My brother who has cancer is retired chemical engineer. Ed was pres and CEO of oil co. But my first husband was a salesman but mostly a skirt chaser. Still is, so I hear. He spent so much time hanging out in the bars when he was supposed to be working, after I divorced him he got a job managing one. Talk about doing what you love.....hahaha... I wasn't laughing then but now the whole family jokes about him. I graduated to smart men and he married a stripper and we were both much happier.
Darlys when I stayed at the Fairmont I was a real estate broker and it was a convention and a write off this was back in 88 but I still remember how beautiful that old hotel was. Probably my favorite and I have stayed at some nice ones over the years. Breakers in Palm Beach is probably the nicest one I have ever stayed at. between first and second marriages I got into ballroom dancing and did some competitions and one was at The Breakers - so much fun.

Good nite and good dreams -

Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  05:20:17 AM  Show Profile
Good morning.

Thelma, Your picture of you and Darwin is so cute. You make a beautiful Mr. and Mrs. Santa Claus. I love the hair decoration you are wearing. Did you make it yourself? It is lovely. Darwin make a perfect Santa.

Glenda, I am excited to go on the trip with you. The Mexican Riviera, wow, that sounds so great! I have my bikini all ready. I also have my fat pants. I love to eat and eat and eat some more. When you talk about your ex, it makes me laugh. Mine was such a womanizer and still is I hear from my granddaughters. Never remarried but has a woman that he has lived with on and off for 35 years. She was his girlfriend even while we were married.
I am glad I got rid of him. My husband now is so sweet and wonderful. He is 10 years younger than I am and we have been married for 24 years today.

Diane, I will keep your husband's aunt in my prayers along with all the others who are suffering with ailments. I am glad to hear that Logan is all better and well.

Darlys, I liked seeing the pictures of you and that "guy" who keeps showing up in the pictures. It is fun seeing pictures of everyone. I will have to put my picture in here so you can all see my unruly hair and freckles.

I get so far behind if I don't write every day. Holly I look forward to see what is happening with you every day. You make the best meals and inspire my cooking. I have this wonderful book I bought about cooking clean. The recipes are so good and all from scratch. I am in the kitchen so much now that I am beginning to feel like a professional chef. My DH is thrilled with my gormet cooking. He says he has finally "taught" me how to cook. Teasing of course. I have to admit my stuffing for Thanksgiving dinner was super good.

I haven't been on Pinterest for days and days. Maybe I can find time today to go and see what is new there.

I am making some cookies today. Mostly oatmeal and chocolate chip. Hope the DH doesn't eat all the raw dough before the cookies get made. He was okay last time and I was able to make quite a few of the cookies.

Have a great day everyone.

Hugs,

Nancy #2301

Laughing is good exercise. It is like jogging on the inside.
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  07:22:32 AM  Show Profile
Hello everyone,

I usually do my typing at night but I wanted to ask all of you a hard question and give you time to ruminate on it. How do you grieve loss of hope? My partner's mother died last July maybe it was the end of June. Anyway, since she has died there is no hope that she would ever approve of is not the right word maybe be happy for is a better phrase that her daughter (Cheri) found happiness with me. we have been together for 23 years. Never once did I meet her mother or father for that matter but right now he is not the issue. Never once was I invited with her to visit the family. After Cheri had a cell phone she never called the house. This woman called every weekend and they talked about the weather, relatives and the pets but not about our family. While she was alive Cheri had hope that she would someday come to terms with our relationship. But now she is dead. Have anyh of you had relationships where you loved the person but were never good enough for them. I should add that while she was growing up well maybe after school age nothing Cheri did was praised either. She was an award winning cornet player in high school and her parents never went to one of her performances. People have told Cheri it is their loss but never the less she continues to grieve. We are coming into a hard season not because of the winter holiday because both her parents worked that day but because the 25th was her mother's birhtday and Cheri always sent a present and always called her with hope. Cheri has an older brother and sister who were not treated like this. Now remember I only have one side of the story but have lived with her being hurt emotionally. My sister in the practical way my family has said if she were not Cheri's mother then Cheri would not have kept dealing with her all these years.

I look forward to reading you wisdom.

Holly
farmgirl #2499

Edited by - Tall Holly on Dec 02 2011 07:24:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  08:05:51 AM  Show Profile
Wow Holly that is a tough question. Would your life partner consider seeing a counselor? Grief is so painful and everyone handles it differently. Sometimes there are situations that leave me speechless. I handle that kind of pain only through the grace of God. Do you have friends that may have been in similar situations that are good listeners? There are support groups for about everything around here. Hope isn't gone - it has just changed shape.

I was going to tell you about Santa and I, but I think I will wait until later. We will be 'ho ho hoing' at three events today and one tonight then 2 tomorrow. I'll be chatting again tomorrow night. I hope everyone has a great day.
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  08:31:51 AM  Show Profile
I'm back. I do want to share Santa with you. Darwin and I have been married 42 years and he has been playing the role for 38-40 years. I joined him about 5 years later. The job started out as just our local Santa, but word spread and we help celebrate the holidays with many diverse groups annualy. I have always sewn our costumes. I can't stand a tacky Santa so I try to make suits every 3 or 4 years. I have a nice selection of things to adorn myself with. Five years ago Darwin had a devestating stroke and he basically has a very limited vocabulary that only the boys and I can understand. The cute part is I just say "tell Santa what you want for Christmas" and they talk his ear off. Only one kid has sort of looked at him funny and the child was to old for Santa's lap anyway.

Yes this is a picture of me and yes I am turning 65 this month. The photo was taken about 3 years ago. Since then I have lost about 35 pounds and cut may hair a little shorter. My hair is its original color. I have not dyed it at all, I am starting to turn gray so hope it turns slowly - very slowly. OK enough rambling. Later friends.
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2011 :  09:06:02 AM  Show Profile
Holly - I am so sorry for Cheri. In a sense I think I can relate as my husband's Mother never paid any attention to him, didn't approve of me, didn't approve of anything he did really and they fought all the time I'm told. She even refused to come to our wedding. She committed suicide five months after we moved here to be near his folks and 1 month after our daughter was born. I mean, how can you not even want to be with your grandhild?? Even in her note all she said was "David and Ginny, well what can I say" and that was it. He's had a horrible time with it and it's affected our marriage way more than it should. In his Mother's case, she was diagnosed as a manic depressive when David was about 8 or 9 which explains all of it. Yet for him, what he didn't ever have was a nurturing and loving Mother and so he doesn't see the need for emotions and feelings which makes living with him very difficult. I highly recommend she get counciling or it will tear her apart. David's Mother was great with his older sister who is 6 years older than he is so she doesn't have these feelings like he does. Is it possible Cheri's Mom had a mental disorder and didn't know it? That would account for the other kids being treated one way and her the other. Just a thought. All I can tell you is what I've experienced with him. Hope it helps a little.

Thelma - I love your outfits! If this is what you were making, you did a great job!! And you give me hope that maybe when I'm 64 I will look as great as you do! I sure don't now at 57, lol!

Glenda - My Mom has a lemon tree and she told me last night she has 9 lemons on it. It sits in her sunroom. Do you know if they pollinate themselves? She can't even begin to move it outside and I told her I didn't think she needed to.

Daryls - I may have to join Holly and Glnda in your side pocket to Mexico! I need a vaction to somewhere warm and sunny! And yes I too wonder how the bank could get away with it. I don't think it's legal but I don't have the time to find out so I just did what I did instead. It is after all, my land.

Penny & Patty - I think I need to apoligize. I think I asked Patty about Jake and he's Penny's son? Or is Penny's son hurt too? Well, I will keep everyone in my prayers.

Holly - We had quiche last night. I put in left over chicken, ham, mushrooms, and parmassian cheese. We will be having it again tonight. And like your pigs pen, my chickens are in the same boat, lots of mud, YUCK!

Well I may as well spill my guts ladies, and I'm sorry to be the bummer of the group but I watch FoxNews too. Guess Ed and I would get along Glenda! I am a financial conservative. I want to see our Government about 75% smaller, less regulations, and more free enterprise, but NO LOBBYISTS!. I'd like a flat tax for everyone and every business too.

My life before Maine was working for a lobbyist in Washington D.C. It was for an oil company in Texas actually. I sort of fell into the position actually, it wasn't like I thought it should be my career. I dealt with Senators and Congressmen and their staff everyday. It was certainly one way to learn how corrupt they all are! But when I got pregnant I knew I wasn't about to raise a child there so we moved here. I've never regretted it for a moment. That was 28 years ago.

Time to go home from work, TGIF! Too much to do. Have a great weekend ladies and please, forgive me for being political here and on the wrong side of the fence, I'm a good person at heart, lol! :)

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com
www.etsy.com/shop/cybertiques

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page