annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  05:00:46 AM  Show Profile
Just a quick hellow from me this morning. Tuesday is my sewing group day so I have just a short time before I have to leave.

Welcome Judith and Nan. I am glad you are with us. I was a southern California girl. Born and raised there. Lived in the North Hollywood area as a youngster and then lived in Orange County after I was married. It got so crowded the last few years I couldn't bear it. After my husband retired we decided to move to a quieter spot.

Glad to hear that everyone is back from their Thanksgiving feasts. Wish everyone was feeling better. I am finally over my cold. Penny I am sorry to hear that you are not well. Take care.

I am been putting up a few Christmas decorations this weekend just to get started. My SIL is coming next Sunday for 3 days to visit. She has a vacation home near Orlando and from there is coming here to see us. She actually lives in New York. We get along really well so I am looking forward to her visit.

Well, girls, I'm off now. Have a great day.

Darlys, do you think we could sneak into that suitcase without her knowing it? We could be really quiit.

Hugs,

Nancy

Laughing is good exercise. It is lik jogging on the inside.
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  05:57:50 AM  Show Profile
Good morning all!!.
Hope everybody had a good nite?!
Patsy, chuckled at your swivel sweeper story! My dd's love those actually . Great for toddler mess pick ups, but the newer version they did doesn't seem to work as good anymore and the batteries die quickly. Mostly? Just as you eluded too....we pay a lot for infomercial products that don't really hold up!!!
Well, I have some turkey soup on the stove that I have started. Will make a yummy cold day meal! Plus it's smelling all yummy in here!
I was watching some putting up their balcony decorations yesterday. My dd and I are doing oursThurs.
It's about time for some tea. Hope y'all have a good morning.
Farmgirl hugs, linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  07:06:23 AM  Show Profile
Ladies just wanted to give you a update for my SIL,Pam. She went into the dr. yesterday and he told her there would not me any surgery soon. The MRI showed the cancer has matastisized to the left pelvis bone, left urether and pelvic lymph node. So the are setting up the time to start 3-6 months of heavy chemo. Than they will consider surgery. I'm asking that you keep her in your prayers. Between my DH and SIL, they are twins, Pammmy has always dealt with illness. She was the tinyest when born. Tom was 1 1/2 lbs. Pammy was 1 lb. Now this was 62 yrs ago. And a miracle they lived way back there in the stone age! haha Their mom didn't have any idea she was having twins. Tom is husky and Pammy is just plain tiny. But she's a fighter. And her faith is strong. I know that when this group of wonderful and supporting sister get the prayers going, It's a comfort just knowing that the connection is there. Will try to talk to her today and see hows shes doing. Thank you all for being the most wonderful sisters in the world. HugS, Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  08:00:46 AM  Show Profile
good morning girlfriends,
I am using a tiny notebook computer today and it is hard to type on so pls forgive all the typos.
I will work backwards today,
Brenda, Pam is in our prayers as well as her loved ones including you. Doctors can do amazing things for cancer these days but I know the chemo and radiation is very hard to go through.
Please tell her we are praying for her and lifting her up. I will be calling my brother today for an update - last word was he has to be on a feeding tube for a month to build himself up to the point where he can start treatment if he decides to go that route. this info I got from my mom
so might not be entirely accurate. He has difficulty talking and can not chew. My question is how did it get this bad this fast and we are just finding out about it.
Linda, turkey soup sounds good - that's usually what I do with mine after we get tired of sandwiches, but a turkey sandwich on white bread with mayo and cranberry sauce is hard to beat.
Nancy, now that I have this tiny little notebook to take on the trip with me, I;ll be able to check in evry day, so I guess I could try to fit you in the suitcase but not Darlys, she would most likely not behave and I cant have that.
Linda, I have antiqued furniture a few times and there are probably dozens of ways to do it but I usually paint my base color first, a lighter shade than I want to end up with because the antiquing will make it darker. (assuming you use a darker glaze) I rub the antiquing glaze all over, especially down in the crevices, then wipe
off as much as I want. you can also sand it in places down to the wood if you want it more rustic. Or if you are going with a white or light antiqing you would probably paint it a darker green to start as the white liming or whatever you are using will then lighten it up.
Thelma, shingles and bricks could mean 1) a new house, 2) a remodel 3)a new dog house for either the dog or the DH 4) a new sewing room 5)somebody else's turn to guess. what is the prize for winning did you say?
Penny I am sorry you have joined us in sick bay - take your computer in there with you so you can talk to us and look at Pinterest.
Holly if you see a stranger showing up at your kitchen door about supper time it will be me. I get hungry hearing about your wonderful suppers. Lucky family you have. And I wanted to add a comment to yours about gifts for the foster kids. Every county has needy kids, if there is no CASA program in the area,
there surely is a County Children Welfare group. These kids need everything and unlike most of our precious spoiled grandchildren who want expensive electronics and designer stuff, these little ones are greatful for anything. We have a group of ladies who got together and made lapquilts out of their leftover scraps and took them
to the CASA office and we were able to choose a quilt for each of our case kids and deliver them. Seeing how much they loved their quilts is something I will never forget. There is something about a quilt that is like no other gift and the oldest or the youngest child feels the love it is made with.
Holly thanks for the tip about the sprayer, I am going to try that.
Janiee, hang in there, girl, good times are coming. I am going to try to start a series of handmade cards to send out and get my creative juices flowing again too. Small things that I will actually finish.
Darlys welcome back, this place is not the same without you.
Hugs to everybody I missed - but this is becoming a novel so will stop for now

Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Nov 29 2011 08:11:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  10:08:04 AM  Show Profile
Glenda, I live in a new house with a large sewing room. Our outside dog sleeps in the barn and our inside dog doesn't need a dog house, and It's to cold for Darwin to sleep outside so he would just go to his heated workshop. Thanks for trying to guess. what kind of prize are you thinking about?

Clue #1 involves shingles and bricks
Clue #2 we tell lies - woppers in fact
clue #3 we don't worry about the price of gas

good luck ladies - I'm headed back to my sewing room to finish repairing The Christmas stockings. I should have known better than to buy them a few years ago in the first place. 2012 will be my years to create handmade ones for close family members.

I have an old steamer trunk in the attic. I am wondering how many of you gals would fit into it. Also what would it cost to ship everyone to the destination of your choice?

Get better everyone. I am praying for your seriously ill loved ones. Will put them on our prayer list at bible study tomorrow afternoon.
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  10:43:06 AM  Show Profile
Uhhhhhhh....you building a burger king next door?

Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  11:12:07 AM  Show Profile
Important add-on ... Pam and your family are in my prayers. Chemo and radiation are miserable - but they can work wonders. Will continue to keep her in prayer.

And Glenda, your brother, as well. Not knowing for sure what is going on has got to be stressful. I pray he will come through this. I bet he's comforted knowing what a wonderful sister he has.

Penny, gosh darn it. Get well soon.

Thelma ... we'll ALL fit in that trunk. Just watch!

Will try to get back later. Kaiser just called and said I have to go for lab work today so the doctor will have it for my appointment next week. This is such an inconvenience ... now I won't be able to spend as much time with you. Oh well ...

It's pretty dreary here right now. Fog was hanging over us early this morning. It's probably in the 50's. Wish I could just go to Mexico.

Nancy - there's plenty of room in Glenda's suitcase ... but I'm bummed. She said you can go but not me! Well, I have my ways. We are in it together, gf! She won't know I'm there until it's tooooo late! Holly, I checked to be sure and her carry on bag will work for you. All she's got in it is a bikini...and a pool boy - and he's smiling! Oh Glenda ... what have you done now?

Got my Fall/Thanksgiving stuff down. Got to head to the attic to haul down the Christmas gear. But right now ... have to head out to Kaiser.

Chocolate Kisses,
oxoxooxox

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.

Edited by - darlystippie on Nov 29 2011 11:21:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  2:19:55 PM  Show Profile
Glenda, I can't believe you came up with that. I have been laughing for the last twenty minutes. I live in the middle of corn and bean fields. I do have access to small stores in a few rural towns, but have to travel over an hour to find any fast food eating places worth going to. LOL LOL LOL The mistake I made was using the word whopper; I only meant we tell big lies. Keep trying. You get 10 points for such a creative answer.
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  4:09:43 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Thelma I think bragging about no hot flashes is over the top. lol Some of us may never get there if what my doctor tells me is true. You are so lucky.

I think that you are starting a story book village and the first story you are illustrating is the three little pigs. And the second story is Pinnochio. I think it is a clever way to support your retirement in a manner to which you have not yet become accustomed. Otherwise you could be building an outdoor kitchen to put by all of your produce from the garden.

I hope people are feeling better soon. We had colds as well. I hope that this is it for the winter season and none of us has to put up with the symptoms anymore. We all have too much to do.

A neighbor of ours is a survivor of throat cancer. I saw him at the dump transfer station and remarked that he looked thinner. He said he had just finished radiation and there was on sign of the cancer anymore.

I heard a story on NPR that a woman had stage 4 breast cancer and her son sent her horsetail mushrooms and her cancer disappeared. Worth a shot. Mushrooms are tasty. But we will continue to send healing thoughts to everyone.

We had quiche and rice for supper. In one of quiche I sauted onions, mushrooms and garlic and then piled on cheese with the egg milk. In the other I just put the cheese with the egg milk. Anyone who wants to drop in for supper would be welcome. We always have leftovers. If we didn't what would there be for breadfast?

My father and brother's middle name is Darwin. My father was a junior and my brother is a III.

Have a good night everyone.

Holly
farmgirl #2499

Edited by - Tall Holly on Nov 29 2011 4:12:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  5:02:55 PM  Show Profile
Holly, Oh I am sorry I didn't mean to sound mean about the hot flashes. I just meant that I had walked through that fire and wasn't planning on returning. I am still teased about how I would open my classroom windows and hang as much of my body out as possible when it was the middle of winter and extremely cold. I can laugh about it now, but 'flashing' is no fun when any woman goes through it.

Nice try with my clues. I am not starting a story book village and the clue doesn't mention any straw. Pinnochio never admitted to telling lies as he was in denial. I said we were not worried about gas prices. I didn't say we were not going anywhere. Ok I'll give you five points for trying and another five for creativity. Tune in tomorrow for clue #4

where should I have your trunk shipped to ladies?

I never heard the name Darwin until I met mine. His middle name is Eugene and that goes back 3 generations,4 if you count my son who refused to use Eugene for his own son's middle name. go figure.

Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  5:20:56 PM  Show Profile
Well Thelma, I give up. It's a secret about you and your husband,who both tell lies, great big lies apparently, and has to do with shingles and bricks and it either doesn't require gas or you got money to burn and dont care what it costs. Hate to tell ya this, gf, but Vanna White can give better clues than that....you need to climb outta that trunk --you might be oxygen deprived

PS holly we don't have hot flashes we have power surges

hugs frm Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Nov 29 2011 7:35:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  5:25:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Oh can I slip in the suitcase too...I promise I will be over my cold by then....feeling so much better already....DH made the best turkey soup tonight, he can be so sweet sometimes...Starting tomorrow I will start commenting on every ones post again....I've missed everyone so much...I can't imagine my life without you wonderful ladies anymore. Welcome Judith and Nan....so glad you are part of our wonderful family...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  5:27:41 PM  Show Profile
Thelma I did not think you were being mean at all. Tone of voice does not translate well in typing. It is just one of those growing older events that reminds me that I am still alive. It is also rather humbling to think that I can control many things in my life but not temperature. Maybe my doctor is wrong and I will ourgrow this. It is amusing to think at my age I might still outgrow something.

Straw could have been clue number 5 and if it was then I could have added The wizard of Oz to the story book collection.

I think the trunk could be shipped to someplace warm with very few poisonous creatures.

sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  5:35:30 PM  Show Profile
Darlys---doctor appt? What's up? Did I miss something? Please tell us it's a routine checkup

Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  6:53:19 PM  Show Profile
Jumping on for a "good night everybody" post. (Remember the Waltons?"

Well, Thelma -- I'm so stumped. Especially after Holly and Glenda were so creative. Are you building a Santa trap? A fake roof and chimney so when he goes down you'll have a fake living room with a fake tree - but he won't be able to get back up because you will have trapped him and deer-napped his team? Then you'll get all the presents.

Keep that steamer trunk handy, gf. Holly started a movement toward a virtual vacation. First we have to go to Mexico with Glenda. She needs to be chaperoned after her wild woman behavior on Maui. Now she's saying I'M unruly. Ha! That's the pot calling the kettle black!

Out of nowhere I can report that my little lemon tree out front (in Cupertino), which had green fruit all summer, went gangbusters while we were away. I have a tree absolutely loaded with bright yellow Meyer lemons. Hurray! Lemon bars.

Glenda -- I have an hour and a half pre-op appointment next Tuesday. Have to be checked out prior to a hysterectomy which is to be scheduled for sometime in January. I'm one of those gazillions of women who have prolapse. Nothing to worry about - just an annoyance that, among other things, makes me schedule 10 minutes to pee - trips to the potty.

Penny, I've checked it out and there's room for a number of us in Glenda's suitcase. She's only got a couple of very, very skimpy, but very cute, outfits in there. (You do have to be well, though) Glenda says I can't go to Mexico. (But I am anyway.) She won't even know I'm in there until .... surprise! Holly is traveling first class in her carry-on. Said she could get sick otherwise ... likely story. I'm sure she and the pool boy conspired - and I guess Glenda bought it.

Holly, there are a lot of advances in cancer treatment, aren't there? It gives me goosebumps when I hear stories of survivors who "shouldn't" have made it - and who are not only surviving but thriving. My heart still breaks for those who suffer and don't have the physical ability to pull through it though.

The SIL of my friend in Oakhurst has clawed her way back with chemo and radiation and I don't know what all else - except a strong will to beat it - as cancer recurred over and over again too many times for me to count now. She just did it again and was helping my friend put on Thanksgiving dinner for a big family.

Maybe - in our lifetime - modern medicine will come up with a breakthrough and cure hot flashes - I mean power surges. We could only dream ...

Speaking of dreaming ... goodnight girls ... sweet dreams all ...

Chocolate Kisses ....

xoxoxoxo

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  6:55:11 PM  Show Profile
Also, all of you, I got so wrapped up in joking with Thelma I failed to thank everybody for your prayers for my brother, and your encouraging words to me, such a huge help. What an awesome group you are! It is so good to hear of the ones you know who have recovered from throat cancer - it's such a scary place. He is very sick but I feel encouraged by your words and thank you so very much. He is supposed to go to the dentist and to a speech therapist first, why we don't know, and then they will put the feeding tube in for a month to build him up to make it through the chemo and radiation. So far he indicates that he will do this. The survivor stories help him a lot.You have given him hope. He has agreed to go to my mom's house she lives in town and close to hospital, and I will go there also and together we will all get through it. My mom is 89.
It's all part of life isn't it, the laughter and the sorrow. We all know that feeling when you first wake up that few seconds before the horrible feeling comes over you. We've all been there and we will all help each other. Thelma and Darlys Holly and all you funny women, thank you for taking our minds off our troubles for a bit -

Well, duh! I just read Darlys' comments and of course she;s figured it out - brick and shingles = chimney, reindeer don't need gas, you two "Lying altho I wouldnt call it that- there really is a santa claus---
And...I say LETS ALL GO TO MEXICO!!!
Love,
Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Nov 29 2011 7:09:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  7:50:52 PM  Show Profile
Glenda I'm so happy that your brother is planning to follow through with the treatments. Praying that he will keep his thoughts on the postive side. And fight this demon. You wonder if they know there is someting wrong with them and let it go to far or just didn't want to share it with anyone. My son will be the one that just won't go to the dr. because he doesn't want to know himself. But by your brother willingly moving in with your mom is a good sign he wants, and needs help through this journey. Please keep us up on how he's doing. Hugs,Brenda

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  05:38:01 AM  Show Profile
I was waiting for the rain yesterday but no luck. There were big dark clouds and the wind was blowing but the rain was to the west of us. We don't seem to be getting what some of the rest of you are. My umbrella is so bored.

Brenda, I will continue to pray for your SIL, Pam. I will pray that God will give her strength for the chemo and radiation treatments.

Glenda, Maybe you could find a tiny corner in the suitcase for Darlys. You know those pockets in the side of the suitcase. If you put her in one of those, she won't be able to cause any trouble and I promise I won't make talk to her and won't laugh if she makes a joke. I am praying for your brother. It sounds like he is in really bad shape but with the medicines now one never knows what can happen. Sometimes things can turn around quickly. We will contnue to pray.

Thelma, I think we could all fit into that steamer trunk. It sounds pretty big. Wouldn't it be fun to ride in one of those on a trip. We would all be so snug in there.

Holly, you are making me soooo hungry. I haven't made a quiche in a long time and now reading about yours I am going to make one for breakfast and/or dinner this week. Got my juices going with your description. Oh, yummy!

Darlys, I just wrote this big long thing to Thelma describing what I thought her clues were and then I read what you wrote and it was the same thing. And here I thought I had guessed what it was! LOL I think it is a chimney, too, one for Santa. Otherwise I am completly stumpted and will have to wait for more clues. I am happy for you and your little lemon tree. See how happy it was to see you. It put on it's best for you. All those lemons!

Penny, I hope you are feeling better today. Take care, you have had a really busy time this last few weeks.

My little Snuggles just came and got me along with my DH. I am off for my breakfast, another cup of coffee and going for a walk. Have a great day my friends.

Hugs and squeezies,

Nancy #2301

Laughing is good exercise. It is like jogging on the inside.
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  07:59:22 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

Well I am gone for a few days and now I am pages and yes I mean pages behind. I will try to get caught up. LOL I am never caught up!

Glenda thank you for the scale directions. I have been doing wrong for years. It is so nice to learn new things. ROFLOL.

Starletta and Grace and Beth Welcome to this wild bunch of farmgirls. Do not let them fool you into believing they are calm mature women. They are wild and crazy
and I love them all for it.

Thelma We always make a family day of Christmas Tree hunting. This year will be great. We take up snowmobiles and hot chocolate and as much of the family
that can go. This year we have to get 4 trees. It will be a blast.

Ok all of you pinterest crazies. I have to tell you about my youngest DD. She is on her phone and she starts laughing. I ask "What are you laughing at".
It turns out that she is on pinterest reading sign and looking at recipes. Who is this person and where is my DD? My DD's never stop amazing me. LOl

Claudia We have been in the low 50's and hi 40's for a week. Snow? What is snow? I think someone stole it all! They keep saying we are going to get some.
All we have gotten is a couple of fluffs. Obviously their idea of some snow differs greatly from mine!

As for the Black Friday shopping. I did it once and that was enough for me to realize that I would never do it again. It's not Christmas shopping to me.
How can beating someone up to get a good deal be Christmas shopping? Ok I know that is an extreme, but you hear about it all the time. Now my GF thinks it is awesome.
Her whole family gets together and goes out in force. They have a great time. Me I like taking my time when I shop.I also like shopping the small and local businesses.
Pobably why I like craft sales. We have a big one in Boise. It is a lot of fun and takes all day to get through.

Holly I am in for a cruise. I think a virtual vacation would be a lot of fun.If we take a cruise we can look at all the guys in their uniforms from our lounge chairs.
Maybe We can beat Glenda to the pool boy! LOL

Chris our small business thing kicks off Friday Dec. 2nd. The whole town is open in the evening with the Christmas parade and the start of the Festival of Trees. You can shop
in the stores and snack in the cafes. It's lots of fun. This year my GD LynnZ is playing at the FOT with her violin. I will get a picture and post it. She is so cute.

Try putting some blueberries in with your apple pie. A freind makes it that way, so I tried it and everyone loved it. Just a thought.

Holly My mother was in Alabama years ago. She picked up a Gourd Patch Doll. Not as fancy as the Gabbage Patch dolls, but it was cute. The gourd was the hear with a painted face and hair glued on.
The body was fabcic and stuffed. all the her GD's loved them.

Nan my mother and step father lived in Waldport OR. for several years be fore they passed. It is a wonderful place. They lived an about 1/2 acre ao the Alsea river. My Aunt and Uncle lived ther for years too.

Judith and Nan welcome to this crazy bunch. We may be over 50 but act more like 20! Ok some of us even less than that at times.

Well I only made it to page 140. Well I made it through 139. I have to run so I will catch up on the rest latter. i hope all of you have a great day.
It is sunny but cold. Snow? What Snow?

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  08:22:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Morning all,

Holly, please if we are shipped somewhere, please, please no snakes...I am stumped with the rest of them....

Darlys, I like your idea, Santa trap...sounds like a winner to me..you and me can fit in the suitcase, and I promise I be verry, verry qwiet....Keep us informed on the date of your surgery, so we can be there in spirit...love ya girl. Oh I bet your lemon tree was so pretty, I have never had meyer lemons, they don't seem to carry them around here. I hear they are really good...and I love lemon bars...yummy...I hope they come up with a cure for the power surges too...tired of undressing and redressing during them....thank goodness I live in the country...other wise I might end up in the pokie....running around naked...

Glenda, I will also say a prayer for your brother...my brother went through chemo for stage 4 colon cancer which spread to his liver...gave him six months to live, but God is good and he is now in remission, even surprised the Drs...they still don't believe it...so I hope the same for your brother.

Nancy, I think we got your rain girl...we got over an inch and a half, but this morning it is cold and sunny. I like quiche but never have made one...might have to put that on my to do list...thank you for the prayers...other than a stuffed up nose, I'm doing so much better, think I just needed rest....No more company until my baby boy comes home from MI on the 9th...I'm so excited...oh and can I ask for prayers for him, he hurt himself at work the other day...his shoulder(rotator cuff)I think, he doesn't want to miss out on the overtime so told Dr. it wasn't hurting anymore....but he says the pain is pretty bad, I begged him to please get it looked at again before it gets worse....he says he can't be without pay while waiting on the workmans comp to take effect...has to be out 10 days before it starts paying, but I told him that is better than not ever being able to use his arm again...but don't think me saying that helped at all...oh well...

Dianne (ID) Oh your Christmas tree hunting sounds like so much fun....can I come? I'm with you on the black Friday shopping, did it once and that was enough...I also love craft sales too...so much fun buying homemade items. I can't wait to see the pic of your GD playing the violin...so sweet...our town is a historic town and have the same thing...open in the evening on the day they turn on the Christmas tree...it is fun to go in the shops and take the tour of all the old homes...

I hope everyone has a great day...I am off to work on a scarf and read a bit...don't know which I will do first...I started a few weeks ago reading Beverly Lewis' books and now am hooked....when I went to the library they said she was a very popular author around here...hard to keep her books in since so many enjoy her writing....now I am one of them...lol

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  10:18:04 AM  Show Profile
Where is Patty?

Nancy, thank you for telling Glenda that I should get to go to Mexico, too. And, Penny, thank you, too. When Glenda said "let's all go to Mexico!" I'm hoping she was including me. Otherwise I'll be just bawling so hard we'll get a new river.

Glenda, I promise not to do anything overtly naughty. Larry wouldn't like that either. He's very understanding but does draw the line now and again. He knew when he married me what he was getting. And he truly appreciates that my girlfriends are tolerant of me as well. Please let me have that side zipper pocket that Nancy mentioned. Pleeese.

By the way, Larry and I will celebrate our 11th on Friday by heading into SF for two nights. We will be at the Westin on Union Square and hopefully picking up a little of the glitzy holiday spirit. I think the Union Square tree went up last weekend. I'm hoping we can do the cable car caroling thing on Saturday.

Edited by - darlystippie on Nov 30 2011 10:43:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  12:25:12 PM  Show Profile
Experimenting:
with some photos I was able to set in here ....
The guy in the photos with me is my boy-toy husband. (He's almost 6 years my junior.) He seems to be in all the photos with me. Go figure.
The first photo is in Maui - last year I think. The second one is at some winery in Napa about 2 years ago. I had a few more to share -- but it seems if the photo is not JPEG it's just not going to happen.

When we get more recent photos plugged into the computer I will share some of your frolicking with us in Maui and other stuff ... (Junque Sale, etc.) if I can figure out how to do this again.

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  2:40:21 PM  Show Profile
Darlys loved the pictures. Thanks for sharing!

Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  2:57:50 PM  Show Profile
Retired teachers get together this morning, bible study this afternoon, and coffee with the girls after that! What a great day!

Darlys, Glenda, and Holly don't give up yet. Darlys you get 5 points for trying and 5 points for
creativity:0) Two more clues and then I will tell you our secret.
clue #1 shingles and bricks
clue #2 we tell lies
clue #3 we don't care about the price of gas

Clue #4 pigs don't fly, but____(two words)_________________ do.

Trunk is ready to go. It is a camel back so lots of sisters will fit. Just remember to brush your teeth and use deodorant if you plan on traveling together closely :0)

time to heat up the left over bean soup from yesterday. Have a good evening! I'll give the last clue tomorrow All you FGSH gals are in my prayers.
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2011 :  3:02:51 PM  Show Profile
Darlys, thanks for the pictures. I don't get to go to Nappa Valley, but Iowa has it's share of Mamma/Pappa wineries. Fun.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page