herbalady
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Lynn
Northford Connecticut
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  10:01:22 AM  Show Profile
I'd love to join this group, I'll be 60 this month, but still think I'm 30 even though my bones are 84... LOL
It creeps up on you and before you know it, your kids are the age you think you still are.

Lynn

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your barefeet and the winds long to play with your hair"....Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  11:17:28 AM  Show Profile
Aloha girlfriends! I wish you all were here with me. Truly I think of you often while walking or eating & such. Larry is the most wonderful husband I could ever dream of - but he's not a girlfriend.

Lovin' Maui - but those tradewinds are something else again. We've had a bit of rain - but mostly sunny. About 80 dgrees. We are on 5th floor - oceanfront - so can leave door open all night and fall asleep to the waves crashing on the beach.

I am so glad Logan is okay. Oh boy, oh boy - those all-boy boys. I am familiar with some of the drill in the doctors office, too. My "baby" had his walker taken away for reckless driving - for starters.

Glenda, I don't know much about them but - if you get that little RV ... you HAVE to come to Oakhurst. We are about 15 miles from the south gate to Yosemite. AND we have a place for you to hook up - unless we can talk you into the guest quarters in the house. I'll be looking for you, babe.

Patty - I think you are right about the eggshells in the coffee. As I think about it - I think when we didn't have a percolator my grandma would put in eggshells to settle the grounds and clarify the coffee - and, she said, to make it taste right.

Welcome Lynn. You are already one of us. I can tell by your post. We love you, gf.

Penny - I don't know what's going on. But part of my post just disappeared. I was writing to you and suddenly PART of the post disappeared. Well, I'm not giving up right away. I was saying, if icing didn't help -- stop. Get thee to thy physician and get checked. You must have something truly out of whack. Don't wait until it gets worse and will take longer to get set right.

Your bunny names are so creative. The only ones I could think of were Super and Duper. My Oakhurst neighbor has her dogs and cats all named after country western singers -- except for two kittys named Miss Kitty and Marshall Dillon. Lets see, they have Willie & Waylan and Crystal - and I just can't remember the rest right off. There are 3 more, I think.

I'll be back in a little bit - there is a really nice craft fair (every Friday) that has just been set up almost under our lanai. Gotta check it out. Besides if I post now ... and write more later ... I may not lose as much.

Love & Chocolate Macadamia Nut Candy

oxoxoxoxoxo,

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  11:34:49 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I can't believe I actually watching a soap opera. Lol the dog on it is telling us what he is thinking....am I silly but I'm liking it!

Linda in Scranton, PA
Farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  12:17:39 PM  Show Profile
WELCOME LYNN I am new to this group too. I didn't ask if I could join I just enjoyed the conversations, felt the love between these sisters so I started chatting and the group is stuck with this retired teacher from Iowa. So come on in and make yourself at home. :0)
Go to Top of Page

herbalady
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Lynn
Northford Connecticut
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  1:06:31 PM  Show Profile
Thanks all for your warm welcomes!!!!

Lynn

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your barefeet and the winds long to play with your hair"....Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  1:10:07 PM  Show Profile
Lynn and Thelma,

You don't have to ask permission to join. You leaped in and we're glad to hear from you. Some of us have never met and probably never will but we are sisters at heart. I never had any sisters. My mother and I were the only members of our family to survive WWII and came to the US in 1948 so I grew up an only child. So welcome, enjoy and add your two cents whenever you want. You can even add a dimes worth.

Our weather is lousy today. If it's going to rain I wish it would. It's cloudy, cold and dismal but thankful there is no w-i-n-d.

I'm enjoying a cup of coffee but have to get off here and get something out of the freezer for dinner if I want to eat tonight. Have a good Veteran's Day everyone.
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  1:39:04 PM  Show Profile
Patty, I have had similar experiences of what I used to call ESP but now know as "The God Thing" where my children are concerned. I am so happy for you that you are celebrating that he was "covered and protected" as he lay on that pavement, and he will be okay. Sounds like some pretty serious patching up and maybe a rough road to full recovery but he's young and he can do it. there's no hurt like the hurt a mother feels when her child hurts, is there.

Lynn, welcome to the group, I know exactly what you mean about the age thing, someone else said something similar, I think was DesertWillow/Betty, and I'm the same way, my age doesn't bother me except when I realize one of my kids is my age, haha. My son is 48 and I just don't believe it!! I've read several posts that some of you are having back problems, I have to take a lot of hot baths and use heat pad almost every night during the winter, thanks to a skiing accident when I was 34. Yoga sure helps when I can get my lazy self to do it. I don't do cold, even if it is better. Heat takes away the pain and cold is, well, cold.

Darlys, I can't think of anybody I would rather see enjoying the beauty of Hawaii, soak up every nanosecond of it my sweet friend, enjoy it enough for all of us. I may have told you my son and 4 of my grandchildren live on the big island. My littlest grandson called me from there this morning, they were driving to Kona. I haven't been on Maui but can see it from the tip of big island, from Haw'i I think it's spelled, a cute little village up on the tip of Big Island. My son lives in Waimea, about half way between Hilo and Kona. Are you going to any of the other islands? What are you doing in here on the computer when you could be out there soaking up all that beauty. don't you love being on "Island time".

I am so bad at thinking up names. fortunately my two sweet little doggies already were named and they knew their names when I got them from the rescue people. they are named Penny and Lola. Penny is totally cute, looks a little maltese, a little pekinese, and a little yorkie, has beautiful blond and white hair, and Lola is a chichuahua/doxie mix with huge brown eyes. they are so sweet and so well behaved, and I am so sorry for whoever had to give them up because I can tell they have been well loved. When I finally decided I wanted to have a dog again I signed up on adopt-a-pet.com saying I wanted a cocker spaniel. Well, the very next morning there was a pciture of these two and I fell in love. Drove 7 hours round trip to get them, thinking "you crazy lady, what are you doing" the whole time. But it was meant to be. They love cold nights because it means they get to sleep in the big bed with me under the covers. Lola snuggles up on one side and Penny on the other. One night we heard something we didn't like and they both perched on the edge of the bed between me and the door and refused to move until morning.

Holly, I sure wish I had some of your energy, you have a big family and still do so many projects. There is so much to do around the place here and I'm not doing any of it. The fact that I already have over a thousand pins on Pinterest might have something to do with it. I picked up my dishrag from the sink this morning and something stuck me, when I shook it out there was a scorpion. Anyway, I took it as a sign I'm not supposed to do any housework today. I hate any chemicals but spraying around the doors is the only way I've found to keep them out of the house. Last year I got stung on my face when I turned over in the night, one had crawled onto my pillow, so that was it for me, I spray with poison, bad as I hate to. Does anybody have a safe remedy for them?

Farmgirls hugs from
Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

Clumboy
True Blue Farmgirl

62 Posts

Chris
Walkerton IN
USA
62 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  1:52:00 PM  Show Profile
hi all--newbie at 56. anxious to look around and meet people. will be more "blabbery" once i get to know folks and learn the ropes--but for now, just "hi". chris

not a boy--long story

Edited by - Clumboy on Nov 11 2011 1:54:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  1:58:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hi All,
Waiting on company, not really in the mood for them since back is still hurting but oh well...

Debra E, Darlys is in Maui, she was suppose to take me in her suitcase, but I couldn't get to CA in time..lol I really do love the turkeys, so cute. I sure hope that your back gets better soon, too...take it easy.

Patty, I can't imagine the fear in his eyes and mind going through that. God was for sure there with him...I'm so glad he is on the mend. I understand the fear a Mother goes through, My youngest use to be a police officer and everytime his town had a shooting involving law enforcement, my heart would hurt so bad till I heard from him. Can't wait to see the pic of the coop when you get it all gussied up...lol

Thelma, just reading about your Granddaughter and her Papa brought tears to my eyes, dang this heart of mine sometimes. I could just picture it...thanks for sharing that.

Lynn, so glad you found us...just wondering if it was due to me mentioning on the post you made about joining MJF? I love this group and am sure you will too...we are so glad to have you and can't wait to learn more about you and your family. Jump on in and have some fun.

Darlys, DH just asked me if you have taken me out of the suitcase yet...he is so funny, I said I think I'm still in hiding...I will go to the Dr. next week (maybe) if not better...this getting old is for the birds sometimes...can't it just fly away, with the birds...dang. I love the bunny names too...but can't wait to find out if boys or girls...simple pleasures, helping to name them.. I understand your statement about wonderful hubbies, but agree they aren't girlfriends, I would give anything to have all of you closer...Can't wait to see what you get at the craft fair....have fun.

Linda, I've been watching Days of our lives since I was a little girl...got to blame my Momma for that one...lol

Betty, Wow that is something about being only ones surviving WWII, where did you come from? I am so glad you made it over here, glad to have you as my friend too.

Glenda, so glad to hear about your new furbabies...they sound adorable, pictures please...you are a great Mommy to go that far to get your babies.

I will have to come back later, hear my company sorry to cut it short Glenda...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  2:13:38 PM  Show Profile
Hey! what happened to my post...I was typing one and it disappeared. I guess "puter monster" ate it. I am going to try again!
Patty I know that you are in a better place than you were a few nites ago. How is Jake doing this eve? I can only imagine how scared he must of been. Thank you God for protecting Jake. We pray for a speedy recovery.
And how is Logan doing on the antibiotics? Sometimes those meds can make you feel bad!
Penny, How is your back today? Mine is a little better. The tightness has moved to my upper back now. I am about to go and rest it. Hmmm! I was thinking I should take a little advil or big swig of whiskey! What do you think?
Welcome Lynn and Chris.
Welcome to the Farm. We are glad to have you!
Lynn, you are right...time does creep up on you. Blink and the day is over.
Chris...can't wait to hear about not being a boy--long story.
I got a beef brisket in crock pot. I have never made a brisket befor. It is in a mushroom gravy that was made with apple cider and ginger snaps. It is smelling pretty yummy. I will let you know how it is. I got the recipe from Taste of Home mag. I am serving quinoa and peas with this.
Come on over and have dinner with us. Just bring your own fork!!!

debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  5:19:04 PM  Show Profile
Good evening every one,

I hope every one is feeling better. Growing old sure is the pits but the alternative is not for considering right now. I am not ready.
I hope Jake heals quickly.
Logan sounds like he has a lot of energy and imagination. When my teens complain about Ross (4) getting into everything I tell them they did too when they were his age and they adamantly deny that. Then I tell them be to be glad he is not sitting quietly in the corner rocking because that would be more of a worry and a problem.

We have brisket each Passover and Rosh Hashana. The trick to getting it to be tasty is to cook it way too long. We have never done it in a crock pot. We do not have a crock pot. I am not sure that one is made big enough to feed our family in one sitting.

I am glad that the mammogram scares are over. When I was 29 I found a lump in my breast. Since I was so young I think we felt it for a while. Then the doctor said, now that you are approaching 30 you need to have it cut out. First the surgeon aspirated it and nothing came out. So, we made a surgery date. Same day surgery under local anaesthetic. The surgeon took it out and said to me it looks like a fatty lump but we will send it to be biopsied just in case. I said, of all the places on my body to have fat this was not the one I would have chosen. I was 5'11" and 120 pounds at the time. Then he put a drain in and told me to resume normal activity. We had a bull calf, Chellaby Farnsworth, at the time. He might have weighed 300 pounds or so and he would not go into his stall so I was chasing him down the aisle of the barn with a broom. The drain fell out I was a mess. I thought I would have to have it put back in. The next day the surgeon checked it and assured me I was going to be okay.
I am not in a particularly high risk group for cancer or anything but each year I worry when the mammogram time comes around. Several years ago the hospital was calling anyone with lumpy breasts or shadows to have sonograms. That was a very nervous time. I think now that there are more baselines available for each woman the recalls are less often.

We had tortolinis with a white sauce and bacon in it for supper. My daughter made it.

Today it snowed most of the day. There is a light dusting of snow on the ground now. Rifle season starts tomorrow so the snow is good for the hunters but not so good for the deer.

I used to worry a lot more about upcoming events that might have outcomes that I would not like until it dawned on me that by the time I worked myself up into a frenzy the event would be over and I had worried for little reason. I think that is the good part about aging, knowing that time passes.

A man who buys his pig on the hoof came today and took his pig away. He shot it and we lifted it into the back of his truck with the tractor. It taped out to 215 pounds. For those of you that do not know there is a tape measure that a person can measure around the pig just behind its front legs and it will tell you the pounds. He wanted to get a deer so he could mix the ground up deer meat with the pig fat to make it less dry. Now he has more impetus to be successful this weekend.

Welcome to the new women.

The warmer temperatures of the southern climates are sure inviting until I think about the poisonous creatures that you all seem to take for granted. I have never met a scorpion, or a poisonous spider or a tarantula or a chigger or a water moccasin and I hope I never have the occasion to do so. That is the gift that long cold winters give to us. I am not adverse to insects but am just glad to not have to deal with the nasty ones.

I would like to see a picture of the pinecone angels. Ross and I went for a walk in the woods and we found many pinecones open on the ground. He might like to glue on wings.

Names for the bunnies? Ozzie and Harriet, Oakley and Carson, Zeus and Hera . I guess if they are boys they could be Laurel and Hardy or Thor and Loki. Girls Artemis and Zarina.

My sister went to Hawaii for her 35th anniversary. I think she spent most of the 10 days snorkeling in the ocean. Her husband swims but not like my sister. I think he sat on the beach while she had the time of her life. I hope to go someday. I hope you are having a grand time Darlys.

Patty I would like to hear about the bull riding. I must have been and amazing adrenaline rush.

Thank you for the birthday list. It came through just fine and there is space enough to write in new birthdays and addresses.

Have a good night everyone and sweet dreams. May each of you sleep through the night without sweating or having to get up and go to the toilet. and if you do may you go right back to sleep without spinning on old movies.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  5:21:51 PM  Show Profile
Penny My furbabies aren't new, altho reading over my post I can see how you got that--I have had them almost a year. I am looking for a big outside guard dog now, but these babies I have had for a while. Well, they are full grown but little guys. I also have 2 cats which both came up to the house after their hunger overcame their fear, one lives inside and one is still on the porch. How anybody can just dump an animal when they get tired of it is beyond me. The first one has only 3 legs and rear end is all squashed up, think it had been run over. Fat and happy now, though. The second one is sweet and friendly but won't come in the house.

Debra I have 2 crockpots and everything I try to fix in them overcooks--even on slow it cooks too fast. Is there something I'm doing wrong or did I just manage to get two that don't work? Is there a way to calibrate them? I cremated a meatloaf recently and decided to just forget about it and use the oven. Let me know how your brisket turns out. I love slow cooked brisket.

Welcome Chris--jump right in and tell us everything......
Linda, do you remember the soap, "Dark Shadows" I used to love it but had to stop watching because it was scaring my kids. I'm desperate for something to watch on TV at night, usually end up on HGTV.

Farmgirls hugs from
Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  5:40:48 PM  Show Profile
Holly we must have posted at the same moment. Where I live we have scorpions, black widow spiders, brown recluse spiders, rattlesnakes, tarantulas, copperheads, cottonmouth water mocs, and a centipede which is worse than a snakebite. McMurtry writes about it in one of his books, I think Lonesome Dove. In 12 years I have had 3 inside the house that I know of. All this sounds extreme, but you don't have that many encounters. The most rattlers we've ever had in one year is 8, and usually only 1 or 2. I make it a point to wear snakeboots if I walk anywhere I can't see well. Of course you have to make sure nothing is in the boots before you put them on. Also you don't get up and go to the bathroom at night barefoot. We also have skunks, raccoons, fire ants, wild hogs, coyotes, bobcats, foxes, ringtail cats, armadillos, porcupines, and I have seen one mountain lion but that is unusual, lots and lots of deer most of whom are starving this year due to lack of rainfall, we also have lots of drug problems due to our proximity to the border. There is no such thing as normal weather, we are either dealing with extreme wet or extreme dry conditions most of the time. When we have rain, we deal with hail and tornadoes and lightning. Other than that,its a pretty good place to live

Farmgirls hugs from
Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Nov 11 2011 6:09:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  5:52:14 PM  Show Profile
Aloha ...

Hey Patty -- I am going to be in "withdrawal" from the Junque Sale next year. I have to. The volunteers won't accept my friend Carol as their coordinator unless I absent myself. It will be tough enough for her to take over without me (in the middle of things) in the mix. But ... one year gone should be enough. Then I'll meet you at the airport in 11/2013 (maybe even sooner?) and we'll be junquettes to our hearts' content. And since you have an RV, gf, you have no excuse but have to visit us in Oakhurst, too. I told Glenda - we have a hook up for RVs. (We also have a very nice guest room & bath.)

I am shocked that the manager of that steakhouse you went to gave you grief about a to-go-box. Must not know that a happy customer will tell 10 people of her/his experience - and an unhappy customer will tell 50 people of her/his experience. You probably just told a couple a hundred. Well, at least a bunch.

I am keeping Jake in prayer. The trauma is probably going to be with him for a time. And although he is young, broken bones do take a while to mend. I am so glad he will be okay ... and you, too.

Back to Note Pad on this computer. After losing all of one and most of another posts yesterday - I'm gun-shy about composing right on site.

The Bubba Gump's we ate at was right on the waterfront in Lahaina. So far we haven't wandered far from the resort. We have an vacation ownership thing here -(2 weeks on odd numbered years and 4 weeks on even numbered years) and can use time from here to go to other resorts but are just as happy hanging out on Ka'anapali Beach.

Glenda, I didn't know your son and grandkids live in Hawaii. We did stay (a few years ago) at Kona Village on the Big Island. It's a pretty good sized resort and gorgeous - but not beach friendly because of the volcanic lava. Okay - okay ... I'm writing on the lanai. And yes, it is beautiful here. I'm On Notepad now, so not so much fear of losing everything. And I'm on and off. Look! Dolphins ... a bunch! Jumping. Everybody is excited.

I guess scorpions are supposedly misunderstood ... but I still am afraid of them. If you have to use poison, gf, I'd say go for it. If someone can give you a sure fire way to send them packing without - by all means give it a try. But keep plan B nearby.

You are recommending the MJ mixes? Please tell me the names of what you've tried and really like.

Debra - I love the turkeys, too. Probably won't have time to make them this year as we get home the Sunday before Thanksgiving. (Of course I'm having 9 for dinner.) I am so sorry that you are supporting a chiropractor, too. Mine has, this year, added at least a foot to the yacht I'd already bought her! I tried a Thai massage when we were in Hana two years ago and that was amazing. Can't seem to find the same kind of massuse in the Bay Area.

Let us know how the brisket turned out. Sounds wonderful. I have all the Taste of Home Annual Books. Stopped subscribing to the magazine cause it's all in the books. ToH is real food - real good.

Hi Chris! Is there a story here somewhere? We are about the most "let it all hang out" group of gfs on the planet. No holds barred. That's what makes us so close ... none of us are puttin' on a show. (Unless we are having a funny-bone moment and just have to spend it on "entertaining" our gfs!

My MJF magazine came just before we left so I read the whole thing the other day. Also read a new one (for me) called Clean Eating. Looks doable. Will try some recipes when we get home.

We went over to Whaler's Village shopping yesterday and I did get a new bathing suit with a matching beach shirt cover-up. Remember the Cathy cartoons about trying on bathing suits? I hate dressing rooms that make you look fatter and whiter than you know you really are. And, I can't be as old as I looked - I can still remember when my skin fit! We had to stop for an ice cream cone afterwards to make me feel better.

Dianne, have a great weekend. It sounds like you are having some sort of festival? I also hope the Weather Guessers are wrong about snow and rain -- at least until Monday. And glad that prayers for Logan have been answered. I don't know who it's tougher on ... the little guy or the parents.

Thelma -- you confirmed what I was remembering about the egg shells in coffee. The Veteran's program at your granddaughter's new school sounds so moving. What a moment to carry for life - her pinning the red rose on her papa. I'm a crier when it comes to sentimentality. I even cry at Hallmark commercials!

Penny - you better tell your DH the real reason why you're not here. If you hadn't stuffed all those silly panties in the suitcase, you would have fit! Hope your company doesn't wear you out, gf, even when you love 'em company can be exhausing when you don't feel good. Kisses on your forehead.

The craft fair on the lawn was very classy. I got a hat that says "It Is What It Is" ... a flimsy little sundress ... and we popped for some very, very nice steak knives. Aside from quality blades, they are beautiful with burled wood handles. Hard to describe. Also got some sweet & spicy pineapple slices in a light cane sugar "syrup" - very good. Oh - And got some Maui grown and packaged vanilla beans. (I make my own vanilla for baking.) They looked good and were less expensive than the Madagascar beans I would get at Whole Paycheck.

Off for now, goin' to the pool, my gorgeous, glorious, girlfriends ... til later ...

Love and Chocolate Macadamia Nut Candy ....

oxoxoxo

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

Clumboy
True Blue Farmgirl

62 Posts

Chris
Walkerton IN
USA
62 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  5:52:19 PM  Show Profile
hi folks--since debra e. asked i will tell the story of my user name "clumboy". after a long time of waiting and saving, we received our first clumber spaniel some 15 years ago. we had always had mixed breed rescues up until then, but i saw some clumber puppies on tv one day and was completely smitten. we named him "doctor chumley" after the character in the movie "harvey". since we were new to pedigreed dogs in general and clumbers in particular, i wanted to join a big clumber forum. all the "girly" clumber names were taken--"clumbermom, clumbergirl, clumberdiva" and the like. in desperation and because our dog was a boy, i tried "clumboy" and it was accepted. i have gone by this name ever since, and it often creates a little consternation. i used to be very active in a daylily breeders' forum and was often asked my gender. usually now when i join a forum i make a point to refer to rob, my DH early on so its more obvious--but i have to admit sometimes i get a kick out of the ambiguity.
you guys all sound so interesting and adventurous--what with the bull riding and snorkeling and meatloaf destruction! chris

not a boy--long story
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  6:00:45 PM  Show Profile
Holly and Glenda AND Chris

You 3 were posting at the same time I was. I'll be back to say nite-nite after pool time. Luv ya, gfs.

xoxoxo,

Edited by - darlystippie on Nov 11 2011 6:13:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  6:57:04 PM  Show Profile
I guess where we live is about the same as Glenda since we live in the desert. We don't have cotton mouths or copperheads but we have sidewinder rattlers and a rattler called a Mojave Green that is very aggressive. We have the same spiders but not the centipedes. We have coyotes, bobcats and occaisionally a bear or mountain lion will come down from the mountains but it's rare. We have fox also. I haven't seen a rattler yet on the property but I'm sure they're around. I have seen bull snakes and red racers but they're harmless. I've never seen a sindwinder but have seen it's winding track. We have roadrunners and they really go after the snakes. There was a bull snake in the chicken pen this summer but the chickens ran it off. We have to be careful of the spiders and I keep my gardening gloves in a ziplock bag in the house and I never go barefoot. I've never had a scorpion or black widow in the house as we are up off the ground but suppose they could come in. We also get a spider that comes from afghanistan, must come in with the troops and supplies as it's not native. It has a nasty bite but not venomous. It looks sort of like a scorpion.

Cold and cloudy here today. The sun never came out which is unusual but a storm is coming in. I hope for rain.

Goodnight all.....
Go to Top of Page

gypsy farmgirl
Farmgirl in Training

28 Posts

Susan
Dublin OH
USA
28 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  8:19:53 PM  Show Profile
I suppose it would eventually get out anyway..so count me in this over 50 group too. I'm proud of my age but it hurts to put it in writing for some reason.

Susan
Farm Sister#3632
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  12:05:19 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Susan.....just admit it, you're one of us. What fun!
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  05:40:10 AM  Show Profile
Good morning.

I missed one day and sooo much has been going on. A big welcome to Chris, Lynn and Susan. So glad you joined us. As you see we are a wonderful group. Tell us about yourself Susan, we are good listeners.

My DH got himself a great big chest cold along with an awful cough. So far I am in good health and doing fine. No kisses for him until he is well. I have been pretty dilligent about my health ever since I had the hepatitis C. That illness was enough to make me aware of how important the immune system is. I remember sitting in that recliner all day watching TV. I only had energy enough to get up to get a little food and go to the bathroom. I saw all those game shows and those soap operas till I was nuts! I knew everything about that Days of Our Lives just like I lived there. So now I am healthy and like someone said I feel like I am in my 30's but my body says 60's. Be happy!!

Yes, we have all those creatures like spiders, snakes, bugs and crawlers. It is funny but when I moved into my house there was a tiny dead scorpion in the shower. I was ever afraid of it. those scorpions scare me the most they are so mean. I have not met up with any rattlers although many people here say they have seen some really big ones. Mostly I have only seen harmless snakes, armadillos, raccoons, and spiders. Lots of frogs and lizards, too.

Two names for the bunnies could be Lucy and Desi, Jack and Jill, or Lovey and Dovey.

Darlys, sounds like you are having a nice time there in Maui. I have that Clean Eating magazine and I have made some of the recipes in it. Very tasty. I am going to make the garlic tonight and see how it turns out.

Chris like like the story of how you came to use the name Clumboy. I never heard of a clumber spaniel. What does that breed of spaniel look like?

I am praying for Jake and Logan still. Jake will be home with you today Patty so you can take care of him. He will have the love and comfort of family near him and that will be the best medicine for his healing that he can get. Even though it will be a while before he is completely recovered he will be fine in the end. Thank God that He was there to watch over all of you and give you comfort and strenth and will continue to do so in the coming months.

Hope the rest of your weekend is really great.

Hugs to you wonderful ladies,

nancy #2301

Laughing is good exercise. It is like jogging on the inside
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  05:48:47 AM  Show Profile
I saw this on my patio when I went outside this morning.
Go to Top of Page

gypsy farmgirl
Farmgirl in Training

28 Posts

Susan
Dublin OH
USA
28 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  08:38:41 AM  Show Profile
You're right desert willow

all for one and one for all..yikes..see..just saying that shows my age already!!!! I knew I wouldn't be able to keep it a secret for too long..

quote:
Originally posted by desertwillow

Welcome Susan.....just admit it, you're one of us. What fun!

Susan
Farm Sister#3632
Go to Top of Page

gypsy farmgirl
Farmgirl in Training

28 Posts

Susan
Dublin OH
USA
28 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  08:55:55 AM  Show Profile
Well Nancy, as we all know..living this long we have a lot to tell..but, in a nutshell:

Renegade that I am..it appears I'm living my life in reverse..

I grew up in south Florida on the beach..traveled extensively, had my career, now we've moved north to raise our son and hopefully retire not too far off in the future. I'm currently teaching high school online with students all around the world. I started a concierge business to change careers (taught school for decades) and my first big client is an online high school! I can't seem to escape the teaching bit...

I bought my first Mary Janes Farm magazine on Thursday and by Friday was posting on the website with my sisterhood #.

I love gardening, reading, writing and animals. Looking forward to learning and sharing with everyone on the website. And welcome to Chris and Lynn as well

Susan
Farm Sister#3632
Go to Top of Page

NixKat
True Blue Farmgirl

288 Posts

Kathleen
CT
USA
288 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  10:46:48 AM  Show Profile  Send NixKat a Yahoo! Message
Hello Ladies... Looks like I have missed a lot here. When I get a quiet bit of time I will have to sit down and read several pages to try and catch up. It has been so busy and crazy here. When I am not at the house keeping an eye on the building contractor I am at my DD house helping her. This pregnancy has been difficult for her, but it ended beautiful at 10:43 this morning. My sweet William weighed in at 8 lbs 14 ozs. He is her 4th son/child, and my 10th grandchild (9 boys, 1 girl). Won't be seeing him until tomorrow, his momma needs her rest today.

{{{hugs}}}

Kathleen...... Farmgirl Sister #3447
Go to Top of Page

NixKat
True Blue Farmgirl

288 Posts

Kathleen
CT
USA
288 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2011 :  10:49:40 AM  Show Profile  Send NixKat a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by annielaurel

I saw this on my patio when I went outside this morning.

This is so cute! I love it.

{{{hugs}}}

Kathleen...... Farmgirl Sister #3447
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page