Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2011 :  10:26:34 AM  Show Profile
Penny - Love the wood stove. A friend of mine has one that they refinished and it's propane now so she uses it everyday as her kitchen stove. NICE! Thanks for inviting me to Pinteset! I've been so busy I haven't been on my computer much but I'm sure once the snow flies I will be!

Patty - Thanks for the craft info. I hadn't thought about those silicone forms but it sure makes sense! Photo's of your pigions are beautiful, I can see why you like them!

Glenda, it isn't furniture but my DH hubby made our chicken coop out of pallets. It's not bad for using wood we had around or free wood. Also, have you seen the show of the two L.A. designers who go around the Country buying up crap and this guy they work with turns it into beautiful furniture they sell in their shop? The two girls were once on Extreme Home Edition? I'll have to look it up and see what the name of it is. It's amazing what they come up with!

Betty - I Love the top!! You did a great job sewing it, looks like it's from the store to me! And even more, I love the wedding set up! My daughter's will be next October and she wants it very natural, she doesn't even want flowers, but more of a woodsy feel so this gave me some ideas! In fact, I think she told me she wants it held in the woods on this particular island which I hope to see and arrange this weekend or Thanksgiving weeknd.

Cheryl - so glad you DH is doing well with his chemo. It is so hard and I too hope he goes in remission for you. When it comes to our bodies, it stinks to get old! A friend of ours just lost her parents and husband all in this past year. I don't know how she is coping other than with the help of her kids.

Don't feel bad Diane - we have a smoker and my DH doesn't even hunt!

Debra - LOVE the Black eyed peas! I'm going to keep that in my head for the next time we go to a party! Great pictures too, thanks for sharing! The last party we went to for Halloween I was a "bar fly". I wore all black, made wings out of light white socks, wore silly glasses I made out of tea strainers and carried an empty bottle of beer, lol.

Nancy you sound like me regarding the veggies and ignoring them to do other stuff. I still have 5 more pumpkins to put up, about 10 lb. of cranberries, some carrots and beets. And I have one more cord of wood coming to stack. The DH thought he could help me two days ago and he stood in the garage and stacked while I wheeled the wood up to the garage. Needless to say, he's paying for it dearly since.

Linda - Your extended family are in my prayers! I do hope they find this girl soon! Have fun with Brenda!

One more thing, talking about birds. I took our pet rabbit outside the other day and he ran down the hill and started chasing the chickens around the coop and pens. It was hilarious to see this little mini lop rabbit chasing chickens twice his size. Too bad I was at the other end of the leash so I couldn't get pics, but use your imagination!

Well gotta go and get some work done since we go to Portland tomorrow. Hoping the DH finally gets to put a shoe on his foot. Sad that's what you get excited about! And since it's taken me two days to get to page 119 I'll post this and come back later!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2011 :  11:12:09 AM  Show Profile
I'll pop back by later to visit. Just had a muffin and coffee. But ...

Patty - that Hagar cartoon is priceless! I have been working on (not Christmas but) a Thanksgiving menu - followed by (on Saturday) a birthday dinner for my girlfriend and family. HOW DID YOU KNOW????

I have to get the place cleaned up right now as today is "tidy up" by the housekeeping staff. I just really need to get things put away so they CAN clean. I'm really not obsessive.

Later gfs ...

Chocolate Kisses ...

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2011 :  4:11:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Darlys, really now...cleaning so the cleaning staff can clean...more than obsessive I would say..lmbo...tooo funny...not me....I would just go outside and read and let them have at it...lol...hope you are having fun, can't wait to see pics when you get home.

Hey Ginny, so glad you stopped by, I saw a woodstove in a magazine that was turned into gas...very pretty. Thanks for your kind words. The story of the rabbit and chickens is hilarious, I can just picture it in my mind...tooo funny...now if you could have gotten a video of that bet you could have won on America's Home Videos...lol..

I'm including a pic of an old fashion stove percolator I found back in the summer at an antique shop. DH has been wanting one. I love it too since it reminds me of my childhood...that's what my Momma used everyday to make coffee. This thing looked pretty bad when I bought it, but spend about 30 min today while the apple pie was baking and scrubbed it till it shined...DH is so happy, says he will use it in the morning for coffee...little things make him so happy, stove coffee pot and an apple pie...lol

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2011 :  4:39:00 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Today was another gorgeous day. T shirt weather again. I helped put the decking on the top part of the porch. I took nails out of the boards we stripped off the porch to repair it. I am going to make raised beds out of the pressure treated wood and use the broken not pressure treated for kindling. We had a load of sand delivered several weeks ago and I put it in the pond at the shallow swimming end with the tractor.

We had salmon, egg noodles and green beans for suppper.

Most of the deer season is only for bucks. Selected seasons allow doe to be taken. If you are a youth or a disabled person or maybe using a muzzle loader in December you are allowed doe. A person needs to have a doe permit and for a while people would pay for them and not use them because they believed it was not good for the herd. We have had several deer show up in our fields. It is hard to tell what our deer population is because we have a big noisy dog and a medium sized yappy dog.

When we go on vacation I like peace and quiet. I really like it when we go someplace that has children's programming. Several years ago we went on a cruise. Well for three years we went on a cruise each year. It was with the same travel company so there were other guests who were repeat vacationers as well so the children already knew people and had a great time. The parents looked out for each others children so that added to the enjoyment and relaxation.

I hope everyone has a good evening.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2011 :  7:39:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Holly, here in GA we have so many deer that you can kill does anytime and only bucks on certain days in the season. So it is very different from the state I'm from right next door, SC...

Ok, another request for another prayer. Don't ask me how, but seems I have a disk or something in my back that is acting up...haven't done anything to cause it except planted garlic, horseradish and onions Monday...but didn't do strain or anything. So not sure what is going on. The spot is very tender to the touch and very hot if you touch it too...so now what are your suggestions for it...I just don't know what to do..DH said he can see that it is a little swollen. Any suggestions would be welcome...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2011 :  7:41:45 PM  Show Profile
Wow, I read this on facebook this evening within a few minutes after the Columbus Oh news station posted it. "WBNS-10TV - Columbus, Ohio
Columbus Police shutting down I-71 South at Weber after motorcycle crash. Our crew happened upon it, called in and helped police find the scene. Avoid the area for the time being." I had a gut feeling it was one of my boys. We made phone call after phone call to Columbus to try and find something out. I was pacing and praying. My son Jake was not home from work and was not answering his phone. IT WAS HIM, and it appears he will be ok. I thank God for answering my prayers as I was pacing this floor and going to pieces. His girlfriend and her family are with him at the hospital now, though he is still being checked out by the trauma team. Please pray for him. When I see something like this and I call to check on him, he always tells me "Mom, you don't live in Columbus anymore, don't watch the news here".

Patty #1840

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2011 :  8:25:36 PM  Show Profile
Patty - praying for Jake. praying - praying.

Penny ... love the coffee pot. I almost bought one just like it - in good condition - at the Junque Sale. Now I wish I had. Dang!

And I had to clean up before the tidy up people came. I had virtually just dumped out suitcases looking for you. Thought I'd lost you. Panic. Then - THERE you are - right on the farm.

And - if your back is out of whack from being shoved in the suitcase - you might want to see a chiropractor. I would start, though, with icing .. 20 minutes each hour. That should help the swelling a bit. You are always in my prayers, gf. I'll just be a bit more specific when I talk to Him about you.

Holly - your abilities never cease to impress me. Also, loved your supper. We are having soup on the lanai tonight - watching the sun set. We had a big lunch over at Duke's (a short walk down the beach today so are eating light tonight.

I had a Mango BBQ Chicken Salad for lunch. It was delish.

I spent almost an hour and half on the phone today getting new Iphones for hubby and me. He lost his phone on the plane and we decided this was as good a time as any to upgrade. Our cell phones are really from the dark ages. It will be nice not to have to slink into a dark corner - embarrased to take a call. Y'all know I live about 3 miles from Apple headquarters!

I had written a post right here ... not on sticky notes, since this is Larry's work computer, and had just finished when it went poof! Suddenly there were 2 new posts. I wonder if ,when someone else posts while we are writing - maybe that has something to do with our losing our compositions. Oh well. You gfs are worth the poofs.

Chocolate Kisses and Tropical Monkeys ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.

Edited by - darlystippie on Nov 09 2011 8:34:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2011 :  8:46:10 PM  Show Profile
Update on Jake- He has a broken collar bone, broken arm and broken leg, and I think they are going to have to set his knee cap back in position. He did have his helmet on. Someone had lost a mattress in front of him. He either hit the mattress or the mattress hit him. Of course I am so upset to my stomach. I talked to him and he is quite under the influence of pain medication. He told me not to rush to Ohio. They are getting ready to set the broken bones, but it doesn't look like he will require surgery. They could find no internal bleeding, but will do another scan in 6 hours and another head scan in 6 hours. Thanks for your prayers.

Patty #1840

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2011 :  11:38:30 PM  Show Profile
Patty, my prayers are with you and Jake. What a terrible thing to happen. It could have been so much worse. He definately had someone watching over him. Please keep us informed.

I overdid the gardening today and am a little sore so I'm off to the bath tub to soak a bit before going to bed. Will be gone most of the day tomorrow since we have to drive to Lancaster for hubby's doctor visit. It's 150 miles roundtrip but at least I can do a bit of shopping. Lot's of stores down there.

Good night all.....
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  06:03:39 AM  Show Profile
Good morning.

A beautiful morning here with the sun shining. It will be warm today and I am going to enjoy it while I can. I did get some baking in yesterday morning.

I went for my yearly checkup at the gynecologist. She is checking me and she presses really hard and says she feels this tiny lump. I don't feel anything. Anyway, she gives me a precription for a diagnostic mammogram and makes this appointment for me for yesterday afternoon. I drover 50 minutes down to the middle of the city and spent 21/2 hours there waiting and having the mammagram and a sonnagram. The doctor there came in and told me that the test showed no abnormalities and they could find no lumps or anything unusual. I was so glad but a little upset with my doctor at the same time. Then I began to think. My doctor is about 8 months pregnant maybe that baby was kicking her a lot. When I got home I sat down, had soup and tea and rested for the rest of the evening. I was so glad to get out of the city and back to my quiet place where I can relax.

Darlys, That made me laugh about your cleaning before the cleaning people came to clean. I have done that so many times before but I know what you mean. They really can't clean with stuff all over the place. My Dh always gets after me and tells me not to bother.

Penny I remember my mom had a coffee pot like that one too. I remember the smell of that coffee brewing on the stove every morning. It looks so good all polished up like that. My Dh would love that. He really like the stove. His grandmother lived next door when he was little and she had one just like yours. I have an old glass coffee pot just in case I need to make coffee with no electricity but your is the best! I hope your back will be okay. I am praying for you. Back pain is a terrible thing and so awful to have to deal with. I pray it is nothing serious.

Patty Thank God Jake is going to be all right. What a terrible fright. How awful to hear that on the radio and then find out it is your son. That is so shocking. I can't imagine how you must feel. I am praying that all will be well with the scans and my prayers for you that you will have comfort and peace. Keep us up to date with what is happening and how Jake is getting along.

Have to get going. I will check back later. Have a great day my dear ladies. :))

Hugs, hugs and more hugs,

Nancy #2301

Laughing is good exercise. It is like jogging on the inside.
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  09:15:15 AM  Show Profile
Hello ladies, I am back from my "cityfix"and will just say hi now and catch up later. amazing how much stuff to do just from being gone a few days. lots of pages here - some interesting reading when I have time. My order from mjf came while I was gone - the starter pkg with budget mix and recipes and a few dehydrated meals can't wait to try them
hugs to all

Farmgirls hugs from
Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  09:27:16 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies. It is a wonderful blessed day. I thank the Lord that my son survived the motorcycle crash. It has been a rough night and morning. It could have been so much worse. It was dark and he could have been run over by other vehicles. It could have been July and he not be dressed so well. I am just thankful our God was watching over him. It is cold in Ohio of an evening, so he was dressed in layers with plenty of clothing and padding on. He was wearing thick gloves and a helmet. He told me that his front wheel went up on the mattress but when the back wheel came up on it, the back of the bike just came forward into the air and flipped over. We are waiting for him to come out of surgery now. They were going in to put a plate in his broken arm, clean up his elbow, work on his knee and stitch up his cuts. He does have a broken collar bone and fractured ankle as well. We are making phone calls to try to get an accident report to find out if they know who lost the mattress and how we get his motorcycle back. The motorcycle has to be towed out of the impound lot as it can not be driven. Not sure I want to see what that motorcycle looks like. It will cost $143.00 to get it out today and $18 more a day for every day it is there. Just doesn't seem fair that he has to pay that. He was not at fault and no tickets were issued to him. I am so thankful for his girlfriend and her family. They have been a blessing to me. I am thankful for my wonderful husband Dalous to help make needed phone calls when I was close to hysterical and for keeping me somewhat calm and grounded. I am thankful that the news channel "happened" upon the accident and was able to respond quickly and get immediate help. I am thankful that with this world of internet that I could request so many prayers from those like you. I just have so much to be thankful for! It will be a long healing process I am sure. It wasn't mother's intuition that made me start making phone calls as soon as I saw the news report. I always call out to check on him when I see a wreck on the news in the vicinity that I think he may be. And he growls at me and thinks I am ridiculous. I lost 2 brothers in accidents. One when a pickup hit him while he was riding his horse and the other 3 years later in an accident and he did not have a seat belt on. So I may be somewhat paranoid. And I do probably worry to an extreme. But because I am like this, we found out what we needed to know in about an hour from the accident. I don't think he will laugh or growl at me any longer. No telling how long we would have been waiting to be notified. Gosh, I am usually one of the cheerful ones on here..lol. But I am glad you were all here for me.

Nancy - I hope your finger is feeling better. My kids have had Cockatiels before and they were loads of fun. They have had about every pet animal as possible..lol. And the kids never believed in captivaty so everyhting roamed the house. I am glad your check-up went well. That can be scarey being put through so many test.

Thelma - Wow 40 lbs is great. I weigh in at WW every week. Have onl lost about 10 lbs since I started. I look for a stand still now that the holidays are approaching. If I can just get through them without a gain I will be happy.

Judy and Dianne - My idea of a vacation is quiet as well. Take me somewhere that I can here birds sing, leaves rustling, squirrels chattering, waves, or soft music. :) Of course blend it all in with some antique shops and I am happy.

Ginny- I love the story about the rabbit and chickens. My mom and dad turned 2 bunnies loose in their yard and they stay around and play are are people friendly. Mom and dad have a Yorkie "Gracie". When Gracie goes out into the yard the bunnies chase after her. It is fuuny as can be. She runs with her little short tail between her legs.

Darlys- I always clean before housekkeeping comes in! Don't you just love that Polynesian and Portuguese food! My favorite dessert is Haupia. We even brought a Haupia cake home with us and the airline stewardess put it in the refreidgerator for us. P.S. You will love your iphone! I love mine.

Penny - We use a percolator like that when we go camping. We put it on the fire to make our "cowboy coffee".

Holly- Salmon, egg noodles and green beans sound so good. I love salmon.

I hope each of you have a wonderful day.

Patty #1840

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  10:06:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Good Morning,

Oh Patty IL, I am so sorry about Jake, I understand the feeling of just 'KNOWING" when it is one of yours. I am so glad that he isn't really, really hurt. That still is alot of broken bones. Prayers for him and you. I can't imagine the anguish you must have been going through having to wait to learn if it was him or not...I am so sorry you had to go through that.

Darlys, we had coffee in the pot this morning, DH said it was the best he has had in a long time and so much better than the Bunn...simple pleasures... You have made me laugh out loud with you comical statements....guess we should have used a bigger suitcase huh? I'm going to start icing it today, dang I hate cold but hate this pain more..thank you for your prayers, I greatly appreciate it.

Look what was in my front yard this morning, even with the cold nights in the 30's

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  12:56:13 PM  Show Profile
Okay I'm about to throw this computer over the lanai. No, it's not the computer's fault. But I just wrote a nice long post.

I was talking to you, Patty - thanking God Jake is okay.

I was talking to you, Nancy - saying glad it was nothing - but poopy that you had to go through waiting and more tests. And I am hoping you weren't put through this because your doctor thought you were being sassy with that finger. (I hope it isn't causing you too much difficulty - but I had one sprained a few years back and it ached a lot and was annoying.) Be well, gf.

I was talking to you, Penny - saying I don't like icing either - but it has helped me a lot

... and asking if anyone remembers about putting eggshells in the coffee?

Oh, and chiding you because I'm not the only one who cleans before the cleaning people come.

That was as far as I got .....

Anyway - it was a very nice post and now it is in cyberspace somewhere because I did the unthinkable and scrolled back a page before copying what I had written. Phooey.

I'm off for now -- getting hungry for lunch -- I'll check back later and maybe be done grumbling.

Love the rose!

Chocolate Kisses ...

Edited by - darlystippie on Nov 10 2011 1:06:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  3:49:10 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Praying for Jake all all his loved ones in this.

I also went thru the mammogram scaabre this week. Iwent for 2 types of mammos and then an ultrasound. Total 3 trips there. Finally told it was a cyst and "nothing to worry about". Until then they used the word "mass".
it was an emotional time for me.

Hugs to ya all,
Linda in PA

Linda in Scranton, PA
Farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  3:51:09 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by yarnmamma

Praying for Jake all all his loved ones in this.

I also went thru the mammogram scare this week. Iwent for 2 types of mammos and then an ultrasound. Total 3 trips there. Finally told it was a cyst and "nothing to worry about". Until then they used the word "mass".
it was an emotional time for me.

Hugs to ya all,
Linda in PA

Linda in Scranton, PA
Farmgirl #71

Linda in Scranton, PA
Farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  4:13:10 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone

Penny I would live to post pics. I just have to figure out how!?! They are cute but in need of names. I said Floppsy and Moppsy but my youngets DD
said Floppsy woundn't work they don't have floppy ears. Ok I know those are not original names. Here is the chalenge should you decide to accept it
Farmgirl sisters, name those bunnies.

Patty I am so glad your son is going to be ok. It is so scary to hear news and just know it is one of your kids.
I always call when I hear something has happened in one of the towns my kids live in. They always tell me not to worry but I do any way. I will keep him in my prayers.

I have decided that I really do not like the time change. I know my dogs did not care for it. By the time I get home from work it is dark or almost dark.
I really miss doing a couple things before it got dark out. Now I can't do anything outside. :(

They are calling for rain or snow or both this weekend. We will see if they get that right. LOL

This is going to be a busy weekend we have a music group coming and my DH is in the set up and tear down crew. I am in the conssesions both. Lots of fun but also lots of work.

Logan so far is doing good. He has not had a reaction to the antibiotic. Thats what we are watching for. He is cranky. Poor baby, I don't blame him. He has had a rough couple of months.
This has just been the last thing in a long line of things this poor kid has been through. My DD said she is tired of always being in the Dr. office with this child, the other two were not like this.
I told her this one was all boy and would be into everything! LOL Her oldest son is just calm and laid back. Her DD is all girly girl. Logan is always on the move.

Well I need to go and get things done. I wont get anything done if I don't get off here.

Dianne (Idaho)
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  7:48:56 PM  Show Profile
Good evening. I hope to get a little more sleep this evening. Thank you all for your prayers. Jake has had surgery. Was suppose to be out in 3 hours and he was in there almost 6. He has plates and 8 pins in his collarbone, plates and 6 pins in his arm. He will wear a boot for his fractured ankle and his knee/leg will require additional surgery. I received some not so pretty pictures of his leg and arm. God was watching over him for sure. Hubby will leave tomorrow to go out there. Jake should come home from the hospital on Sat. So Dalous will be out there to help him and bring him back here in a few days. I will stay here and collect his sister and nieces from the airport on Sunday. Hopefully in a few days things will be back to normal here. :) Barely any sleep last night. I am exhausted. Have a good night.

Patty #1840

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  7:54:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hi all. I am going to complain a bit...can't seem to get anything done today because of this back, but I have been putting ice on it and I swear it is getting worse. I hate complaining or should I say whining...but I can only complain to DH so much till he starts giving me "that look"...seems like my stupid sciatic nerve on the right side is starting to act up too....I swear I haven't done a thing to cause all this trouble...I am requesting a couple extra prayers please...I haven't done much of that for myself because my list has been pretty full with my wonderful loving friends requests(all of you) besides, I do say mine for me at night before bed, but maybe if some of you will add a few during the day too, it might help some, couldn't hurt right?

Patty, how is Jake today? I have had him on my mind alot today.

Darlys, I love you girl, just had to say it....I look forward to all your posts, thank you for making me smile. I had the same problem this morning with my long post too...puff, gone, just like that....it is like there is a little gremlin in my computer some days....if I find it, going to shoot it...and burn him in the fire pit just to make sure he don't come back. I'm sitting here right now with the ice on my back...and I have heard about the eggshell in coffee but have never tried it..you? Oh you must have hid me well and in the dark too cause I can't remember seeing the ocean yet...lol..glad you like the rose...it was a pleasant surprise...

Linda PA, Oh my girl, that is alot to go through and having to worry to boot...I remember the one time I had to go back for a second mammogram after the intial one they called it a "cone" mammogram. The waiting is torture...so sorry you had to go through that. I am glad that it wasn't anything serious. Should have let us know, so we could have said extra prayers.

Dianne, I sent you an email about pics. I like the names (wait I'm not sure if they are boys are girls)anyway, how bought Tooties and Booties? Or April and May Or Sugar and Spice, or Lovey and Dovey, or Jack and Jill, or Smokey and G. G. for Gray Girl...so are they boys or girls or one of each...guess I need to know that before I go on and on..lol Sounds like you are going to be very busy this weekend...dont over do it girl...don't want to end up like me...I still don't know what I did to make my back hurt like this. I am so glad to hear that Logan is doing good, I hope he gets better everyday.

I have taken the ice pack off my back and I swear it hurts worse...go figure...
Later gaiters

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  7:57:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I guess we were posting at the same time Patty, IL. I am so glad that Jake came through surgery ok...I hope he heals quickly, still keeping all of you in my prayers

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  8:10:51 PM  Show Profile
It must be the site, my post just disappeared, too. I'll have another go at it tomorrow. I think Ive read most of the posts anyway. Patty, I'm so sorry for what you are going through with your boy, but so thankful that he will recover. there have been many accidents involving mattresses falling off the back of trucks. People do not realize they will catch the wind and blow off, so they don't tie them down properly. How awful when it happens.

I am wondering how many of you are Rv'ers. I am wanting a small RV so my little doggies and me can do a little travelling, but need something small as I'm not going to tow a vehicle. Former DH and I had a big one but he sold it for pennies on the dollar when he left.
Made my first bakeover tonight and it was good. I'm sold on that lovely MJ budget mix. It is so nice and light I am going to try crepes with it.

Farmgirls hugs from
Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  8:15:33 PM  Show Profile
I did a short one and sent it before it disppeared too. But wanted to add that I sure am JEALOUS that somebody is in Maui and it ain't me.

Farmgirls hugs from
Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2011 :  8:48:06 PM  Show Profile
Aloha ladies,
Who is in Maui? I am jealous too.
I am praying for Jake and Logan. I pray that they heal quickly and thank God for watching over them.
Penny my back is hurting too. I have been uncomfortable with it for a few days and today I helped my husband carry a heater up to his office. It was entirely too heavy for us but no I kept on and now this evening I had to lay out on the sofa and not move. I have taken some advil and feeling a little better right. I just feel like my back is locked up. I need to go to the chiropractor. Maybe that would help. Will see how the ol back is in the morning.
Someone on here asked about the turkeys that were made by our senior citizens. They were made out of small clay pots, the beak and the feathers were made out of the foam sheets. They were so cute. I think that this would be a great craft item for a kid to make.Just some glueing, some painting, and some cutting out. A good looking gobbler for any holiday table.

I will be sending a craft item that my mom and I are making for the senior citizen banquet. They are angels made out of pine cones. I will take a picture when we are finished. The are ca-ute! I love making homemade gifts. Does anyone have craft projects to share? Post a picture. They are fun to see.
Can you believe that Thanksgiving is 2 weeks away. Where is this time flying off too, The time goes to fast.I am trying to enjoy my time,,,,but then nothing gets done, Anyone else having this problem? Hope you all are having a good night and prayers for Logan and Jake. Also, Penny, hope that your back will better in a few days. Think of my healing and that God keeps me in his Grip. Have a good eve. Debra e

Farmgirl Sister

Edited by - debra e on Nov 11 2011 11:43:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  05:54:55 AM  Show Profile
Good morning. I am so thankful for this morning. Probably more thankful then I have been for a long time. Jake told me this morning that his accident was the scariest thing ever. He said he laid in the road and watched all the car headlights coming at him, screeching their tires and swerving around him, and he couldn't move. I can't imagine. I prayed so intensely when I saw the news article, until we found out he was okay, not knowing for sure if it was him. I know God was hearing this mother's plea for her son's safety. I know today there is a God and he is real in my life.

Glenda- We have an RV, but haven't had much opportunity to use it this year. But I do love it!

Penny- Cute names you thought of for Dianne's bunnies. Maybe you should name my 3 baby birds...lol. I hope your back is feeling better.

Dianne- I am so glad to hear Logan is doing better. Gosh, the stress kids put us through and then bring us grandbabies to worry about too. Funny, before I had kids I never worried. I was a tomboy and did all the things my daredevil boys do. I raced cars, rode bulls, mountain climbed motorcycles, raced horses, jumped from barn hay lofts and moving trucks. Kids changed my life. I learned to worry. Now I won't even let my grandkids play in the fall leaves because I am worried they will get spider bites.

Linda in PA - I am glad your scare was only a scare. There is nothing like "not knowing" and the stress and worry you go through until you get the "all's well".

Debra- I am going to attempt a few turkeys. Maybe do a couple to decorate my craft display at the sale this weekend. They are adorable. I had better start collecting some pinecones too...lol.

Darlys- I have put eggshells in my coffee to take the bitter taste away...years ago. Not sure it worked...lol. But I think real cowboy coffee had eggshells in it.

Hubby went after the chicken coop we found on craigslist this morning. I can hardly wait to start working on it and get it ready for pigeons.

Keep warm, keep busy, and Have a great day.

Patty #1840

Edited by - thebyrdhaus on Nov 11 2011 06:04:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2011 :  08:23:24 AM  Show Profile
Wanted to join you for coffee this am but electric company called to say power was being turned off as building new lines in our area, About the coffee; it is my understanding that when you perk coffee on the stove you don't add egg shells but if you make it in a pot without the perking parts inside you add egg shells before you drink it to keep the grounds from swimming around and landing in your cup. The shells also improve the flavor. My answer may be incorrect so experiment before you serve quests. 40 years ago I made coffee in a perculator and we did our share of camping. I don't remember details like I want. I am on my 3rd electric coffee maker this year. If this one goes I'm going back to stove coffee :0(

Yesterday was so neat. went to a veterans program at our granddaughters new school and she pinned a red rose on her papa during the ceremony. WOW the tears flowed!

my prayers go out to all of you who are dealing with injured kids, sick grandchildren, and sore backs. Wow you sisters have a lot on your plates. My prayers are flying to God for you and your families.
Muffin making time for church bakesale tomorrow, and then back to quilting and crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a good one.

Edited by - Thelma on Nov 11 2011 08:25:16 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page