darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2011 :  7:48:20 PM  Show Profile
Betty - I think, but not sure, that note pad is essentially the same thing. Try it with something you don't care about before trusting it to save your stuff. If it saves it like sticky notes does ... you're good to go, gf. G'nite.

Chocolate Kisses

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2011 :  9:41:03 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh, I'm so excited. I have windows XP and I found sticky notes on here.Let's see now, hit Start, then all programs, then accessories, and there it is, part way down. Too cool! I just used it to write this because of my lousy 56 yr old memory, plus the pills I'm takin for these stupid shingles.
And yes Peggy, I did start a week earlier feeling like I was catching the flu or something. I really felt funky!
Well it starting raining around 6:30 and it's still at it.
I'm tired and going to bed now. G-nite ladies!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2011 :  10:25:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
I got so excited to Judy when I read about sticky notes, but I have Vista and couldn't find it, but I looked and found something called note pad and another one called word pad right under it...but then I did a search and came across a program in Window Office called One Note...I really, really love it...oh my it is like having a journal that you can just add pages too and write in and drop and drag things off the internet in...I can't explain it much more than that right now since I haven't spent much time using it yet...but I think it is going to be great...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2011 :  11:58:03 PM  Show Profile
Awesome...I got sticky notes too. How cool is this? OK this is going to be so much easier...as long as I don't lose the sticky note.
Guess What Girls...God does work in Mysterious ways. We are moving into the rental that my son and his girlfriend just moved out of. I start packing tomorrow. How fast was that? God doesn't waste time when he starts something in motion. We have two weeks to move over slowly. But I don't do things slowly. Give me boxes and I am ready to pack. My husband also has 4 days off in a row. And he just thought he was going to be relaxing. Ha Ha! I am very excited. A house with 1,500 square feet. We are coming out of 875 sq. feet and the washer and dryer are already in there. I am so excited...I'm climbing up and out of the grave yard girls! Thanks for your prayers, love and concern!!! You are True Blue Girlfriends.

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

lynnschlicht1961
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

lynn
swartz creek michigan
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  05:03:09 AM  Show Profile
I was really looking forward to sleeping in this morning, but my body had other ideas. Oh well, my hubby was already up and hard at work...he's a programmer for a medical records company and works from home. He greeted me with good morning kisses, a beautiful card for our anniversary, a couple sweaters from Family, Farm and Home and then made my coffee...he's such a sweetie.

I got a peck of apples yesterday and now I'm trying to figure out what to do with them. Apple sauce? Apple butter? It's a mix of snow and spy...hmmmm.

Welcome to the new farm girls. This is a great site. Hope you feel welcome and we look forward to geting to know you.

Guess I'd better get breakfast made and start the day. Gotts take the truck for and oil change, get groceries and drop clothes at the re-sale shop.

Have a blessed days ladies.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  05:50:56 AM  Show Profile
Lynn..HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Wow...kisses, coffee, card and gifts...that man is a "Keeper"!! What a sweet way to wake up and start the morning.
I got up before the chickens myself. I think because I was packing boxes in my sleep...I figured I might as well get up and start for real.
I only have two empty boxes at home...so figuren that maybe I will take DH in to work, keep the car, go get boxes and then I will feel
like a nap. LOL Don't you hate to do a job twice?? Once in your sleep and once for real? When I worked Retail Management...I always spent the Night before Inventory...doing it all night long. I would literally wake up exhausted before I even got to work. I'd walk in and my crew would just ask, "Well, how was inventory last night? Did it come out OK?" So, the first thing on my Inventory Agenda was to send someone out to make a "coffee" run. It wasn't a good Inventory Morning until we got our Starbucks! We are such coffee snobs out here in the North West! That is because we have a Starbucks on every corner. lol And we could walk to them blind-folded.

Well, I think I will go stir up some breakfast and then get started packing the two boxes that I have here at home...and then off for more coffee and boxes.

Though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death...The Lord Reigns!!!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  06:17:51 AM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies,

Beautiful morning here. No rain scheduled for today or the weekend. The big trucks havwe not showed up that are supposed to be cutting down some of the pine trees in the forest near our house. I guess they will be showing up next week.

I haven't seen that cat since last week when he ran from our back yard. If we see again and can catch him we will take him and get him snipped. I think maybe the owners are keeping him inside especially if they got a call from the animal control people.

Peggy- Congratulations on your new house. How exciting to have a bigger place to move into. You will really enjoy more room. Go girl, with the move. I would be packing up quickly like you. Two weeks goes by so quickly and so much to do. How great that there is a washer/dryer there for you!

Happy anniversary, Lynn. All those kisses from your DH. How lovely. Hope your day is a very specail and wonderful one.

Betty, the afghans are so pretty. I wish I had learned to crochet and knit when I was young. I taught myself to sew when I was first married. I got a sewing machine for Christmas one year. My mother wass an orphan so she never learned to sew,crochet or knit. So she couldn't teach me. My father's sisters didn't even know what a needle was. Hahaha!

Patty, your boys were such cute youngsters and such good looking men. How proud you must be of them.

Judy and Glenda, I guess I can now join you in the "burners" club. I was cooking some cabbage yesterday and left it to go do a little sewing in my sewing room. Well, I forgot to set the timer on the stove and pretty soon I smelled something burning. Oh!, no! The cabbage! Thank goodness, my husband was outside gardening. I opened up the windows and turned on the stove blower. Thank goodness when he came in he didn't smell the burnt cabbage.

Darlys-I love junque (junk) sales. I would be there with all my junk to sell and I would be buying, too. I love looking at old and unique things especially. I haven't been to a really good sale in a long time. A church nearby here had a wonderful one about a year and a half ago but has not had one this year.

All you dear friends have an especially great day and a lovely weekend, too. I am going to make some breakfast now. The DH and his pal, Snuggles, have awakened and I am hungry so it time to get started on the day. Bye Bye, Ciao, Adios, Adieu, TaTa and all that. :+)

Nancy

Farmgirl Sister #2301

Laughing is good exercise. It is like jogging on the inside.
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  07:11:11 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hi all, I am still lurking and loving ya'll.
Happy Anniversary Lynn.
Glad all of ya found your sticky notes. I am still working on this Android cell.
Have a great day!
Hugs, Linda

Linda in Scranton, PA
Farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  09:23:23 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone. I'm up early and about ready to head for town for last minute shopping. I read everyones posts re: sticky notes/notepad and since my computer is an older model I must just have noetpad. It seems to work as I tried it last night and I'm using it now. I couldn't find that one-note either so again it must be due to my older pc. I have windows xp and office for students and teachers since hubby was teaching when we bought this one and my daughter was in college. Outlook is an older version also as it's different from the one I used at work when I was helping with the magazine.

I know how you feel Peggy about moving. Our old house was only a little over 1000 sq. ft. and when we retired here we bought a 1500 sq.ft. man. home and it is so much roomier. I did the same thing you did when it was inventory time at the hospital or getting ready for a state inspection. I'd dream it prior to actually doing it. Sometimes it would solve a problem for me and actually make it easier.

Did I mention earlier on that a friend gave me 6 shopping bags of material for quilting? I'm overwhelmed. Some will be lovely for scrap quilts and will probably donate some to the quilt guild for our comfort quilts for the women and childrens center and for wounded warriors.

Well, time to get off here and get to town. Wally World and K Mart are my only choices as Ridgecrest isn't very big. I only drive the 76+ miles when necessary.

It's going to be a nice day and not too hot, only in the low 90's. I look forward to the cooler weather in NC and the change in colors.

Bye now, hugs, Betty
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  09:31:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Patty, I love the days I do NOTHING....that is so sweet of you to send your MIL a letter that often...I know she appreciates it. Bless your heart, so glad you remembered your couple...lol...my Momma calls forgetting, "CRS".... I love the pic of your twins. They are both handsome men...

Darlys, I am so glad the car is finally fixed...car trouble is the pits. Thanks so much to for talking about the "sticky note" I don't have it but do have a few other things that I found I can use. I do want to ask you one question....how do you pronounce your name...??? I just want to have it right in my mind. Ohhh tomatoes, sure wish we had some now...DH just showed me a one that has been growing in the strangest place and it even has a little tomato on it...sure hope he matures before the frost hits. Thank you for telling us about sticky notes, I have Windows Vista so it isn't on here but I think I found the one that is like it...one is called note pad and one is called word pad, but then I came across One note that is part of Microsoft Office...I love it...it lets you have folders and then it's like you can add pages to those folders...anyway...I thank you.... Today I was messing with the bar at the bottom of my computer and right clicked on it and found that I could open 2 pages side by side, so now I can look at the posts on one side and write on the other...so cool. Also it seems to save your stuff automatically too. I wish I was close so I could come to the Junque sale...my kind of shopping..lol

Glenda, you go girl...getting that computer running....so proud of you...

Dianne, I hope you are liking it here, for me it is ALMOST like sitting in a room talking to this lovely women, but not quite as good...right now I really could use some face to face time... Wow 6 children, 7 grands...isn't that wonderful, I have 5 children, (only 2 I gave birth too) I love my husbands 3 as if they were mine...either way I have 5 and 2 grandsons. 15 and 12... We are so glad to have you..

Holly, Supper sounds wonderful....I wanted to foster children once...but my ex said he couldn't take falling in love with them and having to give them back, to tell the truth I couldn't have either. I like the story of your sisters wedding gown, thanks for sharing.

Betty, It is hot still, we had a couple of days this week that were cooler because of the rain, but it is getting hot today, I have been in my outdoor kitchen making pear preserves. I had a friend by me a soy candle and a warming plate and told me about using it on my sore muscles, it does help and feels so good. I see that you will be changing planes in Atlanta, that is about 3 hrs. from me...have a safe and fun trip.

Judy, I understand the old memory problem...Momma called it CRS...I hope you are feeling some better...{{{hugs}}}

Lynn, happy anniv. DH sounds like a keeper. I want to get some apples from the mountains of GA soon. Told DH and he said he would like to ride the motorcycles up and get them, we might do that...we were on our way back from a motorcycle trip last year when we got apples...DH favorite pie is apple, so sure we will make that trip.

Nancy, Maybe the neighbors will finally keep the cat home...we can hope huh? I bet the trucks haven't shown up because if it has rained it maybe to wet for them to get in like they need too.

Linda, Hello farmgirl, have a great weekend.

Peggy, I saved you till last...I am sure you read my post on the porch but I want to say it again. When I read how the Good Lord came through again with finding you a place, it gave me chills and brought tears to my eyes. You know what you mean to me through the emails we have shared and I am so very happy for you. I know your spirit will be lifted once you move. But you have to be sure I have your new address if you move before your birthday...please...
I understand the packing in your sleep..lol..I'm bad about dreaming about things I'm excited about too...and if it wakes me I have to get up and start, just like you...but lately I'm having nothing but bad dreams...but things will get better, I having been praying for guidance and DH and I have been also praying together for guidance.

Love you ladies and thanks for being here for me...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  09:46:23 AM  Show Profile
It's a lovely morning - so am having a quick cup of coffee with you to start my engine. I have to pull things together for going to Oakhurst this evening. I don't have to make supper tonight though as we always stop at Mimi's in Gilroy to eat on the way up.

I made stuffed green peppers & corn last night. It was good. Ginger had packed a load of Roma tomatoes in that birthday box so I blanched them, peeled them and mashed them to put in the peppers with the rice, onion, beef & cheese. Turned out good.

Lynn, Happy Anniversary! Which one? Have a great day, gf. It sounds like you are off to another good year.

PeggyAnn - Hurrah & Halleleuah! I AM impressed! How fast is that?! At at the rate you are going you will have moved in LAST week. You are so going to love having almost double the space! And having a washer & dryer right there for whenever you feel like doing laundry (without quarters) - priceless. I am very happy for you, gf. Don't forget about us while you are packing! Oh, and here's a 'virtual' Starbucks to rev you up.

Good going to all who are discovering the "happy place" where we can toodle along with our thoughts on sticky notes, etc. before we post - without fear of losing them.

Nancy - I do wish you were going to be here. The Junque Sale is huge. We do a brisk business with volunteers working on Thursday and Friday - who get to see the goodies as they unpack and price and display them - and who will probably account for a couple thousand dollars of business before we open the doors. (They have to commit to working for at least 3 hours before they can pre-shop though.) Then there will be a line almost all the way around the church Saturday morning - folks waiting and peering in the windows. Every year I hear cashiers exclaiming on Saturday - "where did you find THAT? I didn't see that! You scored!" as they are checking people out. It's a lot of work - but it's fun, too. Some volunteers call it "the social event of the year."

And maybe animal control did give a warning about that cat. You may have solved the problem. But if the bully shows up again - snip, snip.

Hey Linda-- keep hanging around. I see you've been on the Farm awhile. This is a really wonderful community.

Chocolate Kisses ....

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  11:43:35 AM  Show Profile
Betty - Are you all packed and ready to go? I'm not going to let you forget that I want to see a picture of you in the grandma-of-the-bride outfit.

Penny - I'm glad you are finding something that works for you on your computer. I put my sticky note side by side with the farm window, too. Makes it easy to go along chatting up a storm. Lordy, if we were all neighbors we'd never get anything done unless we were all doing it together!

I am going to put up a poster at the Junque Sale that names you Farmgirls as virtual volunteers! You are so supportive and so great! Maybe I'll even find a goodie or two for you ... assuming I have time to shop.

Oh, and one more thing, Penny, prounouncing my name is really easy. 'Dar' (like in Darlene) and 'lys' (like in less) ... (also rhymes with the more usual Marlys). But the name isn't unique to me. There are several in the U.S. I think - but am not entirely sure- that it originated in Finland.

Patty - what a sweetheart you are to drive that older couple to St. Louis. You know, I don't wish I was 40 - that was when I was getting a divorce, finding a job, becoming a single parent again. Years of struggling financially and emotionally draining. But God has been good to me and each day I get to say "This is the oldest I've ever been." Each day I check in with gratitude - and that is a blessing in itself."

Thank you for thinking I have organizing skills. I do in some things - others, not so much. The Junque Sale comes together in an organized fashion a lot because I do have the gift of "enabling giftedness" in others. I make the job lists and everyone rallies, bless them. I used to do all the publicity, too, but handed that off this year. (All the new folks had to do, really, was change the dates and send it out.)

Oh my, I'm on my soapbox - forgive me. GFs, that happens every year at this time. Next year I won't be in Cupertino so you won't get a repeat. Please bear with me. This has been a big chunk of my life as I worked to build it starting in 1977 when we made $240.

Okay, I'm not getting much done. I have to do my domestic diva routine. Love you all ...

Chocolate Kisses ....

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  2:56:32 PM  Show Profile
Girlfriends, this farmgirl is wild tonight. We are expecting our 6th grandchild in March, We just found out we are having a "Baby Boy". I knew in my heart it was going to be a little boy, I can't hardly sit still. Just had to share as soon as I heard. Heading for the football field, the last home game tonight. It's Senior night and the boys walk on field with their parents. Crying time!!! Hope you all enjoy your evening, and will check back soon. Hugs,Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

lynnschlicht1961
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

lynn
swartz creek michigan
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  4:47:43 PM  Show Profile
Darlys...it's our 3rd anniversary.

I got the night off girls. Sweet hubby took me to dinner. It's always nice to eat someone elses cooking for a change...lol.

I'll say goodnight early.
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  5:03:46 PM  Show Profile
Yes, I definitely like using notepad. It's great knowing if the Internet has problems I don't have to type all over.

Classygram, congratulations on your future grandson. So happy for you.

By the time I get home from my trip we will be over 100 pages I'm sure. I can remember when we had about 35. Does that mean we talk a lot? lol! I just made out birthday cards for the October birthdays so I can mail them before we leave so if they're a little early please understand.

I'm off to go feed the chickens and get eggs. I was using bulk feeders but the ground squirrels and mice were about to eat me out of house and home so I feed daily now and the feed bill is down. My new hens are working out just fine with my other hens and the eggs are lovely and a large brown. I'm hoping mama hen hatches her babies but I won't see them until I get home since she's due to start hatching as early as Monday. I'm hoping the eggs hatch since she had nothing to set onlast time.

Will chat later, Betty
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  7:12:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  10:18:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hey Ladies, I need to vent and also I guess I could use some advice. Without going into the whole story, I just want to tell a little of it. I married my DH 2 1/2 yrs ago. At that time, DH's Dad was 79. He is 81 now. He is a very sweet man and he and I get along very well. Well my DH's step-mother is not a very nice person, but that is another story. I have always done nice things for my FIL and tried to make things he liked, wait on him when he is here or when I'm anywhere around him. I was taught that you should do for others. Anyway, there has been a lot of things going on that is causing a lot of stress due to my DH being in business with her and his Dad, not any problems because of Dad just her, so we are in the process of getting out of that business, because SHE is causing trouble. Dad came over today to discuss the business with DH.

Now let me back up just a bit. I have always felt uncomfortable around my MIL or SIL. I have always felt that they didn't like me. About a year ago my MIL told me that my SIL didn't like me because she thought I was taking advantage of my DH. Now there is no reason she should feel that way but she does. I knew that before my MIL told me, just by the way my SIL acts towards me when we are around each other. Well today, my FIL told my DH that he knows why my MIL, SIL and one of his and MIL best friends don't like me…you aren't going to believe this…it floored me and I got to tell you it really hurt me.

He told DH that they didn't like me because they felt I tried to come in and take over doing for Dad. They didn't think I should make things for him or wait on him when he was around me. During a few holidays that we have had together, Dad would make a comment about how he would like some dessert or something else to drink and no one would wait on him so I did…and when he had a mini stroke last year I went over a couple times a week and took him his favorite things to eat and to see if I could do anything for him. And they felt that I didn't have any right to do those things…now doesn't that sound like a school yard full of kids? DH said that they are jealous…grown women jealous that I care for my FIL and do what I was taught to do by my Mother, which is you take care of your elders. It is just my nature to be kind and love the ones that love me….I was floored, it really hurts that they are being so petty. I don't cry often but this really did a number on me today and has had me in tears most the day. Never did I think that my kind spirit and heart could get me into so much trouble…DH was so angry…that they hurt me so…

I'm having a hard time understanding…and not sure I ever will. Thanks for listening. I feel like sometimes I just DUMP on ya'll…sorry for that...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2011 :  05:32:42 AM  Show Profile
Penny, I am so sorry to hear that your in-laws could be so mean to you. It is so sad that they could dump on you that way. I can feel that you are in such pain and feel you are just sick over this. Those people are petty, jealous and putting onto you their guilt of negleting your FIL during his time of need. You are right to be kind and caring. Believe me, Penny, these people are really hating themselves and putting it onto you. Please, just keep being the wonderful person you are. It is hard to understand why some people can be so insensitive and unkind and sometimes I think I never will. If I don't learn anything else on this earth I have learned that there isn't as much time as we think there is and it goes by very quickly. So we had better do as many kind things and as much loving as we can while we are here. We need to forgive one another and forget the little things. Most things are little in the scheme of life. Your in-laws are making a big to-do and making it very hard on your DH as well as you.

I wish I was there to give you one giant hug, Penny.

Blessings,

Nancy #2301
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2011 :  06:01:25 AM  Show Profile
Good AM to all! Gosh, I am so out of the loop and trying to catch up! Just has been a Lot going on and I have been a bit overwhelmed. From recent posts, it seems similar with many of you as well! Please know that despite my 'newbie' status? You ladies are in my thoughts and prayers each day, even if I havent posted faithfully! Seems as tho we are discussing the 'trouble people(s)', in our lives. Each of us have them for certain! It sounds as tho Mil and Sil are just plain jealous and that is whats at the root of their behavior? Shame on them for not taking care of your Fil as well. I have a narcisistic, personality disorder mom. Similar behavior from her when my dad was ill. She did all she could to get his much needed attention onto herself as always. I am Slowly learning that all we can do is the best we can and do what we know is the right thing in our hearts! The other 'mean people' have to do what they need to as well, I guess? I think often with these people that No matter what you do/don't do, they will critisize. Do what is right in your heart for you, DH and Fil. Maybe, eventually, their own hearts will soften and they will regret how hurtful they have been? Thoughts and prayers coming your way! Hope everyones AM goes well. I hope to check back in later. Blessings, linda (Ks)

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2011 :  07:57:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you so much Nancy for your kindness, I know this has to be so hard on DH too...because of MIL we haven't been able to spend as much time with Dad as we would like to...but DH and I are going to change that, we are going to start picking him up and taking him out to eat every now and then..when MIL is at the personal care home she owns...that way we can spend time with him. I know I need to forgive them, because the Good Lord says too but man it is hard.

Linda, I want to thank you too...I will continue to do what my heart tells me...I don't knw any other way.

Thank you both for the warm thoughts and prayers.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2011 :  09:04:20 AM  Show Profile
Penny...oh, girlfriend...my turn to give you lot of hugs and understanding. I am so sorry about the MIL and SIL and their jealousy.
You know, Jesus told us that we would be hated because we reflect Him to the World. And this is one of those cases. You are doing what is good, right, loving and caring...and they just can't stand you because you are too nice, too caring and too loving. And Why? Because it
reflects their lack of all those good qualities. Well, too bad for them. Their Moma's should have taught them how to be loving and kind
and have a servants heart too. Don't let them get you down or cause emotional stress and don't shed one more tear over this. Just Thank the Lord that He has given you one more reason to Love and Praise and Trust Him. It is almost always people in our own families that are the most challenging to deal with, because they know how to push our buttons. I have two suggestions for you dear friend...#1. Start praying for good things to happen in their lives and hearts (it is hard to be upset or mad at someone that you are praying for. #2. Try to look at them through Jesus eye's and not through your own. Every time you have to be in a room with them, around them in business or family gatherings...always picture Jesus standing right there with you...like you are having a three way conversation. Because He is there. Just visualize Him there and (it won't change them but...) it will change your perception a great deal. And when we look at people through Jesus eyes...He loves them all! The good, the bad and the ugly! Because He sees what they can be, what He wants them to be but He accepts them right where they are at...warts and all. I have used this method all my life as a Christian to deal with the difficult people in my life and believe me Penny it works. One of my biggest challenges when my DH and I married was his oldest daughter. She hated me...because she wanted her parents to get back together. She said awful things about me to other people, she called me the B word a lot...and on and on. But when I started praying for her and asking God to bless her and looking at her through Jesus eyes instead of my own, then I started communicating with her...how I wished she was (God's vision of what she could be) and as I started bringing out her best qualities in our conversations...she grew into those qualities. Now she is probably one of my best advocates and we have a great relationship. It didn't happen over night...it was a process...but I believe that in treating her better than she deserved to be treated (isn't that what Jesus does with us?) she became that better person. I can really and honestly say that I loved her despite herself...and in praying for her all the time...I loved her even when she acted hateful and spiteful towards me. That is no pat on my back believe me...it was all JESUS walking me through the relationship and allowing me to see Cheryl they way He did.

You have a good and loving heart Penny. Just keep being you...but remember that you can change no one...ONLY GOD can. And usually He starts with our perceptions. Let God do His job and you do yours. Your job is to pray for your enemies (those who wish you harm) and
try to see them through God's eyes.

Love You Dearly and will keep your situation in my prayers.

Big, Ginormous Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 15 2011 09:16:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

Vikki Wojtkiewicz
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

Vikki
Lawson Missouri
USA
7 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2011 :  09:44:06 AM  Show Profile
Penny I give you hugs too! All I can say is when I read your blog, it screamed out to me that these women (almost said ladies) are feeling quilty, because you are doing something that they can't do. Loving Care for their family member. I don't understand how a person could turn their back on someone they love, but it happens. Hang in there, keep doing what your heart and upbringin' is telling you. Forget them with their issues think of all the comfort you are giving your FIL. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Vikki
Wanna be a Farmgirl!
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2011 :  10:01:34 AM  Show Profile
Penny, I echo Nancy and the others. Since MIL and SIL won't be caring and kind ... I am also thinking that perhaps your FIL mentions to them how wonderful you are - and it rubs the wrong way. Instead of them realizing that he is probably asking - in a round -about way - for their attention, too - they just get jealous and angry at you for being what they won't be. Don't allow them to hurt you. It's giving them power. Take YOUR power and do what you know is right. And echoing PeggyAnn, ( perhaps we could ALL stand with you here) pray for them. Bless you, Penny. Stay strong.

Edited by - darlystippie on Oct 15 2011 10:06:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

lynnschlicht1961
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

lynn
swartz creek michigan
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2011 :  12:24:58 PM  Show Profile
Penny...just like everyone is saying...BE YOURSELF and poo on what the rest of the family thinks. If FIL appreciates you and all you do for him and DH does too then that's all that matters. Do what you know is the right thing to do and forget that they are all feeling guilty that they don't do what's right. Hold your head up. Hugs.
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2011 :  8:23:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Ladies I don't know what I ever did to deserve to have everyone of you in my life but I am thankful for each of you. "Dear God, thank you for these wonderful women. Thank you for bringing them into my life during a time when I really needed friends. For women that will be truthful with me...whether I am wrong or right. Amen"

Even though we may not be physically close, I can feel each of your arms around me with a big hug. I needed that.

Peggy, thank you for reminding me to pray for them. I did this for my ex-husband and it helped me heal when he left me for another woman and it helped me get through my divorce. I had forgotten about this and so glad that you pointed it out to me. I know it will help.

Vikki, thank you for reminding me that I am doing a good thing, loving and doing for my FIL.

Darlys, I am taking my POWER back, thank you for saying this...It is what I MUST do.

Glenda, I am blessed that I have a wondeful DH that stands by me through this and supports me. God has been so good to me to give me such a wonderful Man. I also agree with you statement, she will self-destruct one day...all by herself.

Lynn, I do have a DH that appreciates the love I have shown his Dad, They are very, very close and tells me thank you all the time for the things I do. I am holding my head high...thank you.

I read all of your posts and they made me cry, but the tears were for the love I feel and all the support I have from all of my farmgirls. Thank you all...it really has touched me so and has made me feel so much better.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page