jollyquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

WV
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2011 :  09:21:47 AM  Show Profile
Hello all!

I got up to a beautiful day although a bit nippy (47*) but the sun soon came up and it was beautiful. Now the clouds are rolling in and I am not sure wht is going to happen next! I had a rabbit to die last night (don't say oohhhhh!) he was 11 years old and he did not earn his keep. He was the grands pet and we got him for his 2nd easter and he is almost 14years old now. They say rabbits live to be around 4-5, but things seem to live a longggggg life around here. So I got that taken care of and now I am inside and wanting to create some today. ballgames will keep hubs busy so if I keep food in front of him I should be okay!!

Patty.......I am so glad you had a great day! Hope today is good as well. Your set up is divine. I have a question, will the hedge apples dry like a gourd? I am like you anything for a buck!! Last year I took the corn stalks and cut them about 4-5 foot and made bundles and tied them with jute, sprayed them with a good scented oil spray in a harvest scent I sold them for $8 apiece and they were perfect for putting in a crock on the porch with a group of pumpkins. Sold them all (15) by about 11am. on saturdday.

www.StuffByKim.etsy.com
http://fiberandflea.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2011 :  10:13:07 AM  Show Profile
A good Sunday to all,

I woke to a lovely morning also. It was 72 at 7 am and is supposed to go to 94 today. The desert is slowly cooling down although we could have another go around of triple digits before fall settles in. October is ify and the trees don't change color until late October, early Nov. I went out and cleaned the chicken pens and washed water bowls for both the chickens and the parakeets and finches. I filed all the feeders so my outside work is done but still have ironing to do before I can sit down and relax for the day.

Kim, I laughed when you said as long as you kept food in front of hubby he would be happy watching ball games and you could create. My hubby works Sundays at the furniture store but he's gone from 10:30 until 4:30 so it gives me time to create also. The only time my hubs watches ball games is if Kansas University is playing or Kansas City Royals is playing. He was born in KS and those are his favorite teams.

Guess I'd better get busy and start my least favorite job, ironing, but hubby needs shirts for work next week and we'll be packing in a few days for our trip so have to get busy. I hate it when shirts say they're wrinkle free or no ironing because no matter what they have to be ironed somewhere. Have a great one all of you and will check back later for more happenings.
Go to Top of Page

NixKat
True Blue Farmgirl

288 Posts

Kathleen
CT
USA
288 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2011 :  12:48:00 PM  Show Profile  Send NixKat a Yahoo! Message
Hello Everyone! I am a new member, and have been reading through this thread since a few weeks before joining and totally enjoy reading all the posts. It's like being in a roomful of happy, interesting people and overhearing the assortment of conversations going on all around. I love it!

I am an "over 60", it still feels odd saying that number, it came so quickly. Haven't done a craft fair in years, and I envy those of you who are participating in them (craft fairs, farm markets, county fairs, etc). There aren't many left around here.

A bit about myself: We, Nick (husband) and I, live in eastern CT in a very small town. Our home is on nearly a half-acre and is nearly 200 years old (not unusual around here). This summer has been spent trying to get restoration work started on the house. Last January the water pipes burst and flooded the house, the wetness encouraged mold to grow throughout, and all the ceilings and walls at the back section of the house (second floor bath, and first floor kitchen) were completely destroyed. The entire house has to be redone including insulation, wiring, wood floors and plaster walls and ceilings.....it's awful. We have been living in our motor-home in the backyard. Happily work begins on Tuesday and the contractor has promised to have us back inside by Halloween. We doubt it will be that soon, but it's nice to hope.

In the meantime Nick has helped me transform one of the attic rooms into a work room for me to sew and do crafts in. It is nearly finished, just a few odds and ends to do. I have been working on sewing some cute little aprons for two of our youngest grandsons for Christmas using a McCall's pattern. The bib part of one is a dog's face, the other is a frog's face. So cute. I will post pics as soon as they are finished. The little guys love to work in the kitchen with their mom.

The little guys, Jacob 6, Adam 4, and Kaleb nearly 2, slept over last night. The love going for sleepovers in Grandma and Grandpa's "camper truck". I think they really like that they can stay up until they pass out watching their movies. Last night it was 'Open Season" and "Over the Hedge". Before leaving for their home today the each grabbed an empty shopping bag and went around the yard gathering fallen walnuts to bring home to plant.

Now it's time to rest up and get ready for our busy week to begin.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Thanks for letting me visit with you.

Kathleen...... Farmgirl Sister #3447
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2011 :  4:14:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Kim, glad to have you here. You sound pretty crafty, like the corn stalk idea.

Betty looks like your day is pretty full, I didn't do much today. Fixed turkey breast and glazed carrots and turnip greens for supper....DH loved it.

I Kathleen, welcome to the best group on this board. You will love it here I'm sure. We do have alot going on...talk about all kinds of things and just enjoy ourselves. Wow sounds like you have alot to do to get back in your house, sorry to hear that. But glad you will have a work room to do all your crafts in. I have to work in our bedroom, living in an old deer camp, doesn't give me any extra rooms. We have the bunk room which has 8 bunks in it and then our bedroom which is a pretty good size. DH had it built after we got married...so sweet of him... It sounds like you had a great time with your grands...I really miss that age, mine are 15 and 12 now, both boys.

I am going to work a bit on my ATC...will check back in later

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

jollyquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

WV
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2011 :  4:57:21 PM  Show Profile
Kathleen......glad to have you. I am new to this bunch too but I will tell you, they will make you feel right at home. It is as though the coffee pot is always on!

Penny.....your home sounds like my dream. I want to build a 40x40 foot and actually make it one huge room and a bathroom. But then I want a detached summer kitchen. And all the out buildings and a barn. Simplify is what I mean!

www.StuffByKim.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2011 :  5:36:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Kim, My kitchen is outside in a 3 sided building I guess it is about 20 X 20....thank you, I love this place, We also have 4 out buildings and a barn. So your dream sounds kind of familiar. Hope you get it. I really do love our simple life.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  05:44:37 AM  Show Profile
Good morning!
Welcome Kathleen. So glad you are here to join us. We are a good group of ladies...yes we are.

Thank you for all the nice compliments on my gypsy doll. Each doll I make ends up with a personality of their own as I am making them and I talk to them as I work on them I end up sort of bonding with them. Sounds silly maybe.

Congrats to you Patsy for winning the ribbons! Wonderful. It must be so exciting when award the ribbons. The only ribbons I ever had were the ribbons I had tied at the ends of my braids. LOL

Oh, I never knew that basil could be frozen. I am going to do that.

Patty, I love you set up. Your hedge apples are something I have never seen before. I love the way you have made the fork necklaces. They are so unique.

Have a busy day today. Hope to get back to writing more later today. I have to check in more than once a day to keep up with you ladies.

Hugs,

Nancy

Farmgirl Sister #2301

Laughing is good exercise; it's like jogging on the inside.
Go to Top of Page

NixKat
True Blue Farmgirl

288 Posts

Kathleen
CT
USA
288 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  07:30:08 AM  Show Profile  Send NixKat a Yahoo! Message
Happy Monday!

Love Mondays, another week and another chance to get "it" right.

We didn't turn on the heat last night and oh my it was cold at 5 this morning, about 40 degrees. It is beginning to warm up now and I have the door to the rv open to let some of that early morning sunshine and heat in. I absolutely refuse to give in and turn on the heat this early in the season.

Later today I get to for my annual checkup. It feels good to have at least one doctor that I don't need to see more than once a year. How I miss the days when the only meds in the bathroom cabinet was a small bottle of aspirin which took a year to use up. Not complaining, mind you, for my age I am in great condition and I intend to stay that way. Just takes a bit more maintenance than it used to.

Penny your home sounds wonderful. I would give anything for a one room house with separate buildings for his and her playrooms (sewing/craft-room, workshop, etc), plus little buildings for a few small animals and garden space. That would be my dream home-stead. A summer kitchen with plenty of space to preserve and store the garden harvest....
Our home is beautiful, but way to big for just the two of us.

Patsy congratulations on winning the ribbons, what a thrill it must have been for you. I have never had the confidence to even try.

Nancy I love your gypsy doll! I started my first doll a few months ago and have yet to put the finishing touches to her, hopefully when things get a bit more settled here I will be able to get back to her.

{{{{hugs}}}}

Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  07:54:09 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Yes, it's Monday. Only3 more days and we leave for San Francisco. Wouldn't you know it, the last shirt I was ironing yesterday, a white one and needed for the trip, got a stain from the iron and I have to wash it over. I got a burp in the steam and it left the stain. Anyway it's in the wash again this morning and that's the only one left to iron today.

Hubby just left for his Physical Therapy session. I didn't think anyone opened at 7 anymore but they do. He was running late so went there and will come home and change for work instead of just staying in town like usual. I forgot to set the alarm so this time it's my fault.

It's chilly here this morning but nothing like some of you gals are having. I should do some yardwork while it's cool but I have so much else to do to get ready for the trip and still have to work the next two days I decided to leave yard stuff until we come back. I have a trailer load of goat manure and straw that needs to go on the garden and be tilled in and left all winter and I also got a big trash bag of pine needles for my flower beds. They make great mulch and add acid to our terribly alkaline soil. They also keep the weeds down. Gardening in the desert is different experience.

I've started another afghan for one of my grandsons that's getting married. I still need to sew the label on my granddaughters quilt and do a few other things before I start on layering and quilting my daughters quilt. I'm wanting to cut out my next quilt but if I do then I won't get back to the others and they're time sensitive. I'll just have to tuff it out.

I hope everyone has a great Monday. I plan on a good day. The mountains are lovely this morning and the sky such a pretty shade of blue without a cloud in the sky. I enjoy mornings like this and it's a pleasure to say "Thank you God for this day." Have a good one. Betty
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  10:57:28 AM  Show Profile
Hello Kathleen! So nice to add another wonderful lady to our growing group! This is such a fun thread!
So sorry to hear about your house troubles! That must have been awful. Glad you have that RV. They come in handy.
That's nice that your hubby set up a "Playroom" just for you. What a sweet guy! A keeper for sure.
I loved the movies "Open Season 1 & 2" and "Over the Hedge." My DH laughs at the part about the bunnies getting used for everything from ammo to wiping the windows. I always say, "Poor 'lil bunnies." You see, I've had numerous house-bunnies and my last one was 9 1/2 when he died....so ....ya....I'm a bunny-lover!! They make great house pets! In "Over the Hedge" when the bunny was the bad guy in the end, DH shouted..."I KNEW IT!!!" lolol Such a silly....but also a keeper!
Nancy, the website I found said to just coat the basil good in olive oil and freeze it. I thought, "Well Ok then." So I put 2 handfulls in a gallon freezer bag, poured in enough oil to coat it, squished it around good, burped it a couple of times, and threw it in the freezer. We shall see. *giggle* I'm up for new stuff.
Well DH is home today so we're gonna run around a little and do errands.It's gloomy and chilly(60)here today.Expecting rain.
Later Gators!Love to all!

P.S. What movie do you like to watch when you feel down and need a lift?
Besides Open Season 1&2 I love Nemo,Aristocats,Pollyanna,lots of Disney ones actually...and Meg Ryan movies!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

jollyquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

WV
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  11:35:49 AM  Show Profile
I have been a busy bee today so I am getting in here late today. Sounds as if you have all been busy as well.

FYI.....about the basil. I make a pesto with my basil in the food processer. Olive oil and basil and coarse ground black pepper and sea salt. I freeze it like this in large muffin cups. After it is froze ai place them in a zip lock and get all the air out. When I want to use it I just thaw it and add a handful of pine nuts or walnuts in a mini processor and mix with cooked pasta. Serve with a salad and some fresh made garlic bread YUM!

I would love to know how the last day of the craft show went.

www.StuffByKim.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

jollyquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

WV
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  11:39:24 AM  Show Profile
Ace.......the house and grounds sounds exactly like I want. Do you have a heating system or do you use a wood burner?

www.StuffByKim.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Peggy stephens
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

peggy
luverne alabama
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  12:26:13 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by thebyrdhaus

Darn, I wanted to post a few pics in that post... better late than never. :)

Patty #1840

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible

love one another
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  1:24:26 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
thanks for all the good wishes on my ribbons! If someone hadn't talked me into it, I would never have tried. what a pleasant surprise to get ribbons. hubby tacked them all up on the cork board we have in the kitchen. he is proud of me. :)

Patty: love your banner and setup. how does one flatten spoons? I remember using hedge apples in the house long ago, but don't remember if they worked. lol

Kim: love the idea of bundled corn stalks for decoration. you're right about the "coffee pot is always on" comment. that's how i feel too.

Welcome Kathleen: sure hope you get back into your house real quick! must be nice to be able to go up in the attic to craft though. ;)

Nancy: had to chuckle on your "braid ribbons" comment.

Hoping to go to the fairgrounds tonight. they're selling off stuff from the fair and I've never been to a sale like this before. So, if I get to go (hubby is helping a neighbor fix a leaky roof), I will fill you in later. have a great day or night!

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)

Edited by - craftbug on Sep 19 2011 1:26:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  5:52:52 PM  Show Profile
Wow, I am totally exhausted, and it isn't all over yet. I have a big 3 day Fall Festival this weekend. Hubby is taking the RV up for me to stay in so I don't have to drive the hour home every evening. I love camping anyway, so it will be perfect! The 2nd day of the festival was not near as a success as the 1st day. It rained as soon as we open our booth and rained all day. So we had to pull everything into the small space under the canopy. Not to complain, but then we had too many family trying to visit. No one is going to come into a packed booth with 5 people under it visiting. How do you tell them to go home with out sounding too rude? There was very little room for anyone to look as it was. No room with 5 bodies under the canopy. ggrrr. Anyway, we survived. Came home exhausted and still not rested. We have 3 days to get ready for the next festival and now only 2 left. We sold loads of necklaces and aprons. Had several calls today about ordering more necklaces today. :) My banner is made from recycled painters cloth and recycled linens. I use the reverse applique technique. I serge the 2 triangles together. I print the letters out on my printer. I lay the entire sheet of printer paper with the letter on the side of the painters cloth and straight stitch with the sewing machine around the letters. Then I tear the paper away and cut on the inside of the stitching, revealing the letter with the linen. It makes a wonderful banner. I have made them for our family reunions. We hang them from the pavillion and it makes it easy for family to find our group. I have also made them for a "Happy Birthday". I plan on making smaller versions for my granddaughter's bedrooms.

Patsy- The spoons are flattened by beating them with a hammer. Hubby helps me alot with beating, drilling and grinding. :)

I am loving the ideas on putting up basil. I will try that soon. I hate for it to go to waste. I usually dry it, but freezing it in olive oil sounds perfect.

Well ladies. Off to a long bath and bed. My feet are killing me. I have told my kids when I die to put on my headstone "She said her feet were killing her".

Patty #1840

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  6:32:09 PM  Show Profile
ROFL...oh Patty, how funny that would be for an epitaph!! lol The reason they said to freeze it and not dry the basil was that it loses so much potency. hmmmm...I didn't know that. It sells dried in the stores. Always something new huh? *giggle*
I went to see the movie, Bridesmaids while DH went to see Super 8. My movie started out right off with a couple in bed having rauscious(sp) sex in about 5 different positions. I was appauled. I can't imagine what the 3 older ladies in front of me were thinking. Very few people were there. There were about 3 couples and a group of gals probably having a "girls-day-out." They giggled and howled and seemed to enjoy it. After about the 4th F_ _ _ I was ready to leave, but had nowhere to go since it was raining and there are no stores around there. It wasn't until 2/3 thru that it settled down to at least (tolerable). I'm glad it was only a $1.00 movie(senior day). WOW! Never thought I'd say that out loud! hahaha...and be happy about it. hahaha DH said his movie was good. He likes sci-fi and I guess it was kind of like ET, only the alien wasn't cute! hahaha ...ok...I think!I guess the people helped (it) get back (home) safely. Glad he was happy with ther $1.00 he spent.
Well, nite Gals!It's been raining, sometimes hard, all afternoon here.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  10:01:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Patsy, I can't remember if I said congrats or not on your ribbons...so saying it now...hehe...You should be so very proud of yourself.

Kathleen, thank you. I do love this place, not only did I get a great hubby 2 1/2 years ago but also got my dream place. My kitchen is my everyday kitchen for now. We do have a very, very small living room in the cabin that we are trying to convert to a small kitchen...we have the fridge in and a small table and the stove, but it isn't hooked up yet. We do have our coffee pot in there too...If it wasn't so crowded I would take pics but you know how it is...so much in such a little space looks so junkie..and wouldn't want to scare ya'll...giggle...

Betty, you sound like you have been so very busy. Take it easy girl..don't over doing before you leave for your trip...and have a good time..

Judy, your DH sounds like he is a character...too funny. I don't think I've seen either of those movies. And my favorite movie of all times is The Wizard of Oz. I started collecting things from the movie about 12 years ago..but when DH I got married and I sold my house had to put it all in one of our out buildings. I need to get rid of most of it, but going to keep my music boxes and some of my dolls...but guess the other stuff needs to find a new home. Sorry that your movie wasn't that good but I'm with you...at least you didn't pay full price...I am hoping to go to see "The Help" with my girlfriend this weekend...if it works out that is...she isn't real reliable...but even if she doesn't go I'm sure my DH will go with me...he is very sweet like that...

Well I got all my swaps done and packaged to go out tomorrow...yea me!!!! Now to do the pillowcases for Rescued girls...Need to get them in the mail next week. Hope everyone has a great night.

Jolly, isn't it something how even in this over "50" group we stay as busy as the younger ones in the other groups...lol..can't keep us girls down...lol We heat will a small free standing gas heater but are looking for a wood cook stove...we are having a hard time finding and old one...and I really don't want to spend what they want for the new ones they are making these days....but one will come along I'm sure. We also have a free standing fireplace in the bedroom that we use on the very cold nights.

Patty, I sure hope you get some rest. You sound like you have had a rough day today...I hope your feet feel better tomorrow. I love what you want on your headstone...rofl...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  04:58:20 AM  Show Profile
Good morning Tuesday.
My sewing day today. Starts at 9:00 am and ends at 12:00. Time goes very quickly and with all the talking and sharing about what we are making. I have lots of fun there.

Patsy, I am anxious to know if you made it to the fairgrounds and how things went. I haven't been to a fairgrounds for any event at all. In fact, the last time my granddaughters were performing with a childrens' musical group. When I look back I think God does wonders with our seemingly bad times. When I came down with Hepatitis C and had to quit teaching at 5l years old, I thought how awful it was. But out of that illness and going on disability I was able to there all the time for my grandchildren. As it turned out my illness became a blessing. I have been cured of Hep C since 2003 thank God.

Judy, thank you so much for letting us know about the movie, Bridesmaids. I am so tired of going to pg movies and having to listen to that f--- word so many times during the film. It is not necessary for the movie at all. I just can't take it. It is too bad you couldn't have walked out and got you $1.00 back.

We have had rain here for a good part of the day yesterday. Fernandina Beach was mentioned on the local news last evening as being the donut hole where it seldom rains even when there is rain all around. I am glad the weather man finally noticed that this little area is often dry while there are stormy areas everywhere else. The rain was just delicious! Thunder and lightening!

Have a stupendous day everyone!! :D

Hugs

Nancy
Farmgirl Sister #2301

laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  05:18:25 AM  Show Profile
Good Mooorrrrrning Laaaaadies! I slept well and feel much better today. Not so grouchy as when I went to bed. But have 2 days to get ready for the this weekend, so catch me while I am in a good mood. :)

Judy-Did you get your package? Thanks for the movie alert. My DH and I went to see "Horrible Bosses" and it offended me. This hi-tech grandma does a Facebook 'checks-in" on her smart phone that she was at the movies watching "Horrible Bosses". After seeing it, I was so embarrassed for anyone to know I was there and as soon as I got home, I immediately deleted the check-in. lol. It was pretty raunchy. Not my kind of humor.

My very favorite all time movie is "Somewhere in Time", but my favorite series is an Australian series on Netflix, "The Mcleod Daughters". It is about a ranch ran by women.

Darlys,- I received my card in the mail. Thanks! I hope your package arrives soon.

Penny- I was a widow at 44 years old, I lost my husband to cancer. I remarried 6 years ago to a man whom had lost his wife of 32 years. Quite the adjustments. :) We lived in my house in Ohio for the first 3 years, moved to his house the next 2 years and now we have a house in Illinois. We are discussing selling this home and buying a something else. We have 4 bedrooms and could do with less. We need more pole barn space than living space. We have too many toys. You have to have a place for tools, campers, motorcycles, fishing equipment, and etc. I also have no basement or celler for all my garden veggies I put up in the summer. I want more pigeon coops and chicken houses...lol. I want just a sewing/craft room and a bunk...lol. A few acres with a pole barn.

Well, coffee pot is empty. Time to get busy. Have a great day ladies.

Patty #1840

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  05:41:57 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Morning everyone. I am checking in letting ya know I read your posts all day. Since I've been lurking I will come out for a quick hi ya'll.
I have appointments all day....guess I'll stay out of trouble. Lol
Think I would rather get in trouble. LOL
See ya later....hugs to all

Linda in Scranton, PA
Farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

jollyquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

WV
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  07:20:01 AM  Show Profile
Hello all, I did chores this morning in the drizzle. And since I was already wet I gathered the dogs and we took our 3 mile wlak/hike.I am inside and dried off now with coffee in hand. I made the bed, cleaned a bathroom and put up a sink of dishes. I have zucchini bread in the oven and thought I would drop in and say hi to ya'll.

It sounds as though everyone is up and at it this morning. Ya'll give me energy just hearing what all you are doing. I have a chili luncheon at noon and even though it is only 1/2 mile from home I so hate to go out to it. But dh wants to go so we will.

Judy...thanks for the heads up on the movie. That is why we don't even go anymore. I hate paying and then it turning out like that.

Patty......Just think of all the fun you will have this weekend and all the money you will make. Hope you will share pics with us. Are you having to restock anything at all?

Penny......I will have to say I never met a youngin' that I could not work circles around.....hehehe! But I did learn a while ago that I could stay busy or I could loaf but after you hit this age either way you are still going to be tired at the end of the day!! So I would rather stay busy!

I am heading to the studio in a few minutes after I finish looking around here.

I will check back later on.

www.StuffByKim.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

NixKat
True Blue Farmgirl

288 Posts

Kathleen
CT
USA
288 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  07:45:45 AM  Show Profile  Send NixKat a Yahoo! Message
Good morning all. Hope you are having a good day. This is going to be a slow day, it's cold and raining, they weather that goes straight to the bone and locks up the joints.... what I wouldn't give for a deep, soaking tub full of hot water. Just can't seem to get moving today. oh well......
I got to see two of my eldest grandsons and the three youngest ones last night, it felt so good. The older boys (ages 20 and 23) are each a head taller than me and it made me feel so good to see all five boys rush for hugs and kisses when I arrived. No matter how badly I may feel, they always make my sky blue and sunny.

Penny, my husband is also my second, we have been married 7 years. Ten years ago I smartened up and divorced my husband of 32 years (should never have married him to start with) and was fully prepared to spend the remainder of my life "man-less".
What a surprise when Nick came into my life.

Work on the house was supposed to begin today, but the contractor wants to put it off til next week!!! Nick told him no way, and insisted he start work no later than tomorrow. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. The contractor insisted he would have us back inside in no more than 7 weeks after receiving the first payment. He is already a week behind schedule.

Think I'll have another cup of tea, a hot shower, and start my day over.

BTW...... What is ATC?

{{{{hugs}}}}}

Go to Top of Page

desertwillow
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Betty
Inyokern California
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  08:42:05 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone,

All of you seem so busy and happy at what your'e doing. I've only been married 19 years this time. We've had our ups and downs but it's working. He's so wrapped up in the Mason's I spend a lot of time alone but I get more free time that way. I'm not one to belong to things like that. I've been asked to join Eastern Star but have declined. I'll help with anything they help with and will be busy next year as the wife of the Master of the Lodge but that's it. I have my quilt guild and half the time don't make the meetings but again will help if needed.

I'm looking forward to the trip to San Francisco for the change of scenery if nothing else. It is pretty up there but wouldn't want to live there. Hubby's meetings will last all weekend starting at 1 on Friday and ending with the Installation of Officers on Sunday. We can leave for home about noon and it's about an 8-9 hour drive so we'll get home late. As I mentioned once before we'll leave Thursday for my daughters, spend the night there and leave early Friday morning. It's about 3 to 4 hours from her place. Things will be planned for the ladies but expect I'll spend some time in the hotel room to relax and get away from the crowds. That's where my knitting and reading comes in. Hope the hotel has a good view. At $275 a night it should. lol. Thank goodness we don't have to pay for that.

I am enjoying watching the collection I bought of James Herriott's "All Creatures Great and Small." I have all the books but so far I'm enjoying the movies. There are three shows on each DVD and four DVD's per package. I saw 7 different sets so if I buy one each time I go I'll have a lot to watch and enjoy. The setting is in Yorkshire, England where my mother was born. I don't remember much of England since the war stays in my mind more and I was 8 when we came over here and I've never been back.

Well, time to get off here and get this day rolling. I have a list of things to do today and tomorrow before we leave Thursday and mark them off as I get them done. It's supposed to be in the 90's and sunny and blessedly they're not calling for wind. Would love some rain though but don't expect any until next month.

Have a good day, Betty
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  08:54:06 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Lovelies...Wow...it just took me a full hour to read all the weekends chatter. Whew, I am now tired and went and put on a pot of coffee to revive myself. lol Good to catch back up!

WELCOME KATHLEEN! We are all Wacky Wonderful Women and you fit right in.

Penny...so glad you are feeling better and got to visit with your son. Aren't those Hugs...just the best?
When I got to The Funeral home my oldest Son came right up to me and wrapped his arms around me and held on tight. I said,"How are you doing honey?" He said, "Better now you're here! Yeah, much better Mom now that you are here." He was very close to his Grandma and he needed Moma's love and support to lift him up. I loved it! Our boys still need us even when they're Men.

Patsy...congrats on those Blue and Other Color Ribbons!!! That was Awesome Huh? Good for YOU!

Judy...At least your Moma just wears you out with good times together. My mom wears me out just trying to
have any kind of relationship with her. I would just love once, for the first thing to come out of her mouth to be "nice" instead of degrading or condesending. But then I guess I would have to be speaking to someone else's Mother instead of my own.

Nancy...love the Gypsie Doll. Very Cute! So colorful! I would name Her "Cher". Remember her song about Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves? I can hear her singing it to you as you worked on her. lol

Betty...you sure are the most "Travel Lady" I know. Good for you girl...live Life to the Fullest!
Glad you got your yarn (except the baby yarn). Be sure you take pictures of your latest quilts to
show us. When asked what I wanted of my MILoves I said I wanted one of the quilts she made. My ex
said, "Well that is what everyone wants, so you will have to fight us for one." I just smiled and
said, "If there is one left over, keep me in mind." There won't be...but maybe I can get one of her
Table Runners. I do have a quilt that she made for me and so I am content with that. But at one time
my MILove couldn't get my ex's new wife to take a quilt...but now she wants one. Funny...how life goes.
But like you Betty...she was known for her Love of Quilts and for making gorgeous one.

Sorry, I haven't commented to everyone...but do want to share my weekend a little bit. It was a wild and crazy trip,left later than we wanted to and didn't get there until 1:30 in the morning. Our Motel room was "The Room From Hell". Pet Friendly Motel...the room smelled like cat urine the minute we walked in at
2:00 am. The blankets looked like they had not been washed in over a year, maybe more, the bathroom sink wouldn't drain. And of coarse they were booked full and we couldn't exchange rooms. By 2:30 am we had booked a new Motel for the next night and decided we had to just put up with this room for a couple of hrs sleep as we had to be at the Funeral Home at 9:00 am. We found out you can endure a lot when you are bone tired after driving for 6 and 1/2 hrs. Not a good night though!

The Funeral was amazing! My MILove would have been so pleased! She had picked out the songs she wanted done at her Funeral, she had written down some funny stories that she wanted the Minister to share, and she wrote her own Opituary. That was so her! One Lady who truly Loved People and Life and lived it to the fullest. And she embraced everyone as "Family". After the service we went to her home and had some visitation time with friends and family. Then we Went to Mom's favorite Mexican Restuarant where she had
completely paid for dinner and drinks for a "Celebration Party of Her Life" We had 36 people there and we ate, toasted her and shared funny stories about her. It was Wonderful!!! She will be so missed! But she is finally Home with The Lord where she wanted to be.

Then I went to see my Sister. I hadn't seen her in a year...even though I talk to her...everyday or every other day on the phone. As I have share with you...she is dying from numerous medical issues. But even though I thought I was prepared mentally and emotionally for how she would look...i was so wrong. My youngest son described her the most accurately when he said, "Aunt Debby looks like she has one foot in each world. Life/Death" She weighs in the low 70's, she is just skin over bone, her hair is long and grey and it makes her look like a witch, and her eyes were dark and sunken and she had that ash-grey death palor to her skin. She could hardly talk or breathe. That was very hard. But I love her, she is my little sister and she is only 56 yrs. old. I am praying that God is merciful and takes her home soon! I hate to see another person who was larger than life like Grandma and My Sister...look like a War Crimes Victim and have absolutely no quality of life. It was difficult at best to see her like that. Our Mom hasn't seen her in four months because she knows how to push my sisters buttons and gets her too upset. Debby doesn't need that right now and so she has put up boundaries and is not inviting my mom in. Sounds cruel but honestly our mom can suck the life right out of you.

Any way...it was a bitter/sweet trip and I am glad to be home...but I am exhausted both emotionally and physically.

Love You All...didn't mean to be a "downer" but wanted to share my "reality" with you all right. I am
neither down or discouraged, I am trusting The Lord and just trying to re-cooperate after a rather whirl-wind of a weekend. Sounds like some of you Craft Show girls know exactly how I feel. lol

blessings and hugs to all my Sweet Friends on here,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 20 2011 09:06:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  09:36:54 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Judy: forgot to answer your question of a lifting movie. I love any comedy or "do good" happy ending movies.
so sorry your movie choice didn't work out. at least I know NOT to watch it. I think you should get your dollar back too.

Nancy: we went to the fairgrounds. guess it was a benefit sale because cakes and pies went for over 100 bucks, sour dough bread went for 30 a loaf and one lady bought 8 loaves! * i whispered "is she nuts?" to my hubby and he said "shhhhh!" * hahaha so they came to give their money away...and they did..one guy and his mama sat in front of us and spent over 500 easily. we just don't have that kind of money to throw around...but was fun to watch others do it.
we had nice soft rain last night into the early morning. so nice here too!

Patty: LOL on epitaph. to funny. :D
you sound like me. wish i had more land with buildings for goats n pigeons n a horse n ...whatever. we don't even have a garage for the vehicles! so ya.. but really can't complain since we got our dream place in the mountains and the air is so fresh and clean! but still..lol

Penny: thanks for the congrats. those ribbons encourage me to try again next year. :)

have a great day, gals!

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page