True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2012 :  4:44:17 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Another beautiful day here in the Green Mountains. I thought winter was on the way for sure. Today was a sweatshirt day outside. Tomorrow and Monday are supposed to be in the sixties.

Cheri, my partner, and our daughter went to the Hunter's Widow sock sale at Cabot Hosiery and to the t shirt sale at a neighboring factory. They took our new used Tahoe because neither had driven it and both wanted too. On the way home I received a call and Cheri said, I am sitting here beside the Riverton Cemetary because the car stopped in the middle of the road. I thought she said, I am sitting here in front of the Riverton Cemetary because there is a cow in the middle of the road. I told her to get out of the car and go behind the cow and clap her hands and yell and if the cow did not move then she should get a stick and wave it on both sides of the cow to get her moving. Cheri thought I was jerking her strings and trying to get her to relax through this disaster. When I finally understood what she said I went to get her and dd. We had a really good laugh over it. AAA came and took the car to the repair shop and it is still under warranty from the dealer.

The pie breakfast made $500 for the fund at the school to bring Troy Wunderle back for a week to work with the children. He is a Barnum and Bailey trained clown who teaches in schools during the year and teaches at Circus Smirkus in the summer time.

Marianne those big wet flakes are always pretty. Makes living with trees with no leaves bearable for a while.

Jan sounds like your ds has a great store, I am glad he is successful.

Glenda I have not had fried turkey. I hope it works well and the oil does not catch on fire. I hope the trailer is all you want it to be. Good health to you soon,

We donated 6 turkey halves to the Community lunch each year. I think they have been consistently wanting six halves. I am glad to give them. They cook them ahead of time and freeze the meat. Anyone who wants to go goes. It is not just for people who are economically challenged it is for everyone who enjoys community. some years they serve more than 100 people.

Charlotte good to hear from you. It is always nice to work outside.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2012 :  7:11:58 PM  Show Profile
Holly, that was a funny story you had. I be DD and Cheri were wondering what you have been drinking!! LOL!!! Hope there is not much wrong with the Tahoe. That is the kind of vehicle my son has, but his is an older one.
We had rain again today, getting very tired of it. Where was it when we needed it in the summer? Remember how much we were whining about the heat?
We drove 55 miles from here to a warehouse store and stocked up on canned goods for the winter. We were going to do some other shopping, but it was so busy. I do not like crowds. Seems the Christmas shopping is starting big time already. We came right home then.
Marianne, I bet the snow was pretty, but I do not like to see any. That is something I could live without.
Glenda, I hope you are going to like it living by your DD. That will be good for you.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2012 :  01:56:18 AM  Show Profile
Holly, that is one great story that I bet you will be telling for years to come. I can imagine the eye-rolling your dd was doing when Cheri told her your suggestion!! Teenagers are a different breed for a few short years... Hope the Tahoe is home soon.

Jan, I can understand your adversion to snow. It is best enjoyed when all chores are done and no trips need to be made! But, the beauty is such that I do enjoy it when I can. Sounds like your can goods trip was worthwhile even if it was shortened due to crowds. A well stocked pantry is such a wonderful feeling.

Dh did the trip to the dump on Friday. It is a big of a hassle not having "curbside" service. But, the waste company changed their refuse cans to the large ones that have wheels. That isn't conducive to rolling a third of a mile down a gravel driveway in the best of weather, during let alone rain or snow time! So, we opted to use the smaller cans that we can handle and take a trip to the dump about once every three or four months with the horse trailer. I do so much composting and recycling that our waste is very minimal ... As a nice perk, we save about $140 a year. But, it is a bit of planning to get it done. Like this trip we wanted to make sure we did it before there was snow.

Yesterday, we woke to temperatures that were a bit lower than expected. We went out to check the horses. I came around the barn and yelled, "Tahoe," and about wet myself since the 1200 lb. "beast" was right there waiting for me ... Sunny came trotting in from the trees. They were cold so we blanketed them for a few hours. The temperatures have been very mild this fall and they just haven't "haired up" as much as they need to. Overnight tonight we are supposed to reach 15 degrees, so they are cozy (I hope) in their blankets again. I have to remember to have copious amounts of lotion on my hands when I remove the blankets because the static build up between the blanket and the horse is huge and if my hands are dry ... it is a major zap. I don't like it and the horses really don't like it.

Dh has a few more days off, Monday and Tuesday. It is the end of the year, Use it or Lose it Plan with days off. So, he is taking a few days here and there while frankly, still working. He is a good employee and I do understand the fact that if he can solve a problem today before it becomes bigger for tomorrow, it just helps him, too.

Oh, I am getting so excited for the holidays. It will be a big change for us being not only empty=nesters, but far away from the kids. But, I am determined to find different ways for Dh and I to make it our celebration. It is the first time in our marriage that we have truly "been alone." We always had at least "our" (my step) son. And I was delighted when I overheard him talking with his mother this weekend and saying, "Yea, we do have fun. We really like each other." Such a simple statement, but it meant the world. Can you tell my husband really knows how to turn a phrase? Definitely a straight talker and not much for flowery sentiments, but I guess i get what I need.

Hope everyone's weekend is relaxing and fun.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2012 :  06:09:04 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, ladies!
Hope everyone is doing well this morning! I need to catch up on posts, but wanted to just check in and say hi for now. It has been a bit of a hectic week or so around here with one thing and another. Had some dental surgery as well so I am a bit out of the loop again ; )

It rained all night here, I am sure to the relief of the farming areas here! It's been pretty dry.
Loved listening to the rain!

Well, I am going to pour a cup of coffee and get myself caught up on everyone's postings.

Hope everyone has a good am!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2012 :  09:43:02 AM  Show Profile
Holly, I love your story. Cell phones are wonderful aren't they? My older son calls almost every day on his way home from work. He wears a Bluetooth ear set and everything is a bit fuzzy. We have had some laughs at what I thought I heard as opposed to what he actually said.

Marianne, that is some cold coming your way. A little too cold for my thin skin. I'm hoping the weather here holds for Thanksgiving. My older son, his girlfriend and my x are coming here for the holiday. My mom is flying to Utah to see my sister and her kids for the holiday. So if the weather turns, I'll be spending it alone. Saying a prayer he makes it. He has a 700mile drive and one major pass to get over.

Christmas is just my mom and me. I can't afford to fly to see my kids and there is no where for me to stay anyway. They both live with other family members with tiny houses. I can only hope someday to be closer again.

Not much else going on. Just homework. I figured out I won't be able to graduate until December next year. I was so hoping to get to work this summer. Maybe I can find someone that will hire me for the summer and part time during school. Time will tell.

Glenda, nice to hear from you. You are such a busy lady.

Daryls , you out there? We miss you!

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2012 :  11:26:39 AM  Show Profile
Will try to get back on next week for a bit. Been pretty busy.

Hey Bunny, Honey - We are in Oakhurst this weekend. We woke up to about an inch of snow dusting everything Saturday morning. Still a bit left on the ground in the shady spots.

No more trips up here until middle of December. We leave for Maui the Sunday after Thanksgiving and return 2 weeks hence.

Got to get this house vacuumed, dusted, laundry done, etc. Sooooooooo ......

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2012 :  12:37:48 PM  Show Profile
I am waiting for my home away from home to arrive as we speak. GD is so excited to be my first "sleep over" tonight
We are going to put before and after pics on my blog. Since I will not be traveling in it we can glamp it up with fun stuff and since it isn't a real home we can go a little crazy. Make a girls cave. Both my DD and GD are thrilled and son in law said he will make/install
Whatever we come up with. Right now it is all RV beige on beige not appropriate gypsy colors at all!!
I will be having that last surgery on dec 3 and will stay in it full time while I recover from that so DD can keep an eye on me
Bunny I sure hope you get to spend Thanksgiving with your family Keeping my fingers crossed for you. It was supposed to be cold and raining here today but it is warm again. I'll try to send some of this your way
Holly I laughed and laughed at your story but ill bet Cheri was not laughing at the time

hugs to all my sistas
Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2012 :  12:53:34 PM  Show Profile
Marianne, my SIL backed out of frying the turkey. Guess I will have to work out a plan to fry one myself. They are really good not at all like baked.
I think the key is to ignore the instructions and use common sense. I will build a rock pit so if the grease spills it won't go anywhere and rig up a safer way to lower the turkey and pull it out. They put the amount of oil it called but failed to allow for the bubbling up of the oil when the turkey is put in the hot oil so it boiled over and scared them to death. The garage smelled like fried turkey for months
Holly with your big family and raising your own turkeys this might be something you would be interested in trying. I recommend outside like a fish fry

hugs to all my sistas
Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Nov 11 2012 12:56:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2012 :  01:42:46 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, I will be working overtime trying to wish-pray-summon good weather your way so that your Thanksgiving will be excellent. Would you be hosting the entire weekend or just the dinner? I sure am hoping it goes your way... I am so sorry that your graduation date is postponed. A year seems like a jiffy to me, but I am sure it seems like an eternity to you with all your studying! It will be well worth it, as you know. Shoulders back, head up. We are all so proud of you!

Glenda, get to work changing that beige on beige color scheme. That sounds like a rainy day. And you will put some lovely sunshine into the place. Being close to your daughter will chase the clouds away, though. Enjoy. What fun for you. Your plan for the turkey fryer sounds great. Very safe. Good thinking.

Darlys, I don't know how you keep two homes going like you do. Have a lovely time in Maui. It seems we might now hear too much from you in the meantime with all the prep and holiday tasks you will have. It seems like such a wonderful time to have in Hawaii. Do you go every year? I joined the Over 50s last December and I remember the gals asking about your trip at that time...

Linda, I look forward to hearing from you on a regular basis. I don't know you very well yet. But, I believe you mentioned that you are also a replanted Californian. I am from the Sacramento Delta and My Dh grew up in Chula Vista. We have bounced around the US: Upstate NY, Mamaroneck, NY, Burlington, WI, Kansas City, KS and now the Spokane, WA area.

Holly, how did the Tahoe fare? Is it at home and back to normal? Did everyone get their chance to practice driving it in the milder weather before real weather hits? I bet you are having a large crowd for Thanksgiving...

Everyone have a great day.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2012 :  05:15:55 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies, what a week I had. I was so busy and finally got caught up yesterday.

Bunny, I am sorry to hear that your family cannot get together on Christmas. I know you will complete you studies and be able to find work. I pray for you because I know how hard it is to keep going sometimes. You hang in there, sister.

Glenda, when you finish fixing up that "beige" beauty it will be so pretty and so "gypsy" that we will all go " Oooo and aaaah." You will have a wonderful holiday with your family.

Linda hope you are feeling better each day from the dental work. It is so nice to hear from you always. We are always hoping for rain here as we get so little usually. Just thinking of snow makes me cold.

When I was living in CA I loved going skiing and just up to the mountains in the snow. But I didn't have to be in it everyday. Now that DH and I are thinking of spending some time up in the northeast because of his mother I may learn to like living in the cold winter up there.
My DH's mother is 94 and is living alone now. She has some ladies who come in everyday to help her and one lady comes to stay over night with her. We may go up there to help her out for a while.

Marianne even though it will just be you and DH for Thanksgiving I am sure you will enjoy yourselves. My DH and I have spent the last 3 Thanksgiving with just us. We worked as volunteers serving dinners a couple of Thanksgivings and that was really great. Since moving here we have not found a place to do that.

Well, got to get to my walking. I have gained 12 lbs from just eating, eating and more eating this past couple of months. My clothes are getting very tight and I now have to watch what I eat. :( I want to eat all those Christmas goodies!

Thelma, how are you? How did your tests come out? I am praying for you that all will be well with you.

Hugs,

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2012 :  05:42:25 AM  Show Profile
Good morning to all!
Whew, it got cold here last night! In the 20s!
So very thankful for a cozy, warm apt!

Marianne, yes Calif will always be 'home'. Was a So Cal girl until just a few years ago!
Not sure I totally recommend moving to a 4 season state when older? Lol! It's a bit of a shock to these ol bones, lol!

Bunny, hang in there with school! Hope your family is able to make it and the weather cooperates!

Janet- hope the rain eases up a bit soon. I agree with the shopping thing! The stores here have been ready and decorated for Christmas since before Halloween!

Glenda- enjoy the time with your granddaughter! How fun to fix up your glamper as you can! Glad you will be near your daughter

Darlys- enjoy your trip! If you can, I know we all will love pics?!

I had dental surgery last Fri. Was soooo scared! I have had some Very bad dental times many years ago so avoid dentists til I have no choice whatsoever!
Well, out here, my family found a great dentist they trust. Wow has dentistry changed! It's better and easier than back in the day!
I was very scared, shaking and tears? But ladies........this dentist was awesome and I won't be scared again! Didn't even feel the first shot. And barely felt a few more! He was kind and gentle. I have several more appts of further work but it will be ok. And my pain has been very minimal this weekend. Ibuprophen was all I've needed. Will be such a blessing to have a healthier mouth again and to not be sooo fearful anymore!!

How are those of you doing that had some effects from Sandy storms?
My heart just hurts for everyone. It just seems so miserable, especially for those on Staten Island. Sometimes I think reporters are the ones that need to get supplies in? ; ) How is it reporters and their crews and trucks seem to get in everywhere? When nobody else can? Does anyone know of some good ways us Farmgirls maybe could help? Maybe knitted caps, mittens?

I hope all of you have a good morning! Time for pouring my am cup of coffee : )

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2012 :  05:52:17 AM  Show Profile
Getting caught up on past posts I have missed over the last week!

Holly- sitting here lol!! That's a great story!

Kim- welcome to the group!

Hope to continue catching up

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2012 :  1:47:29 PM  Show Profile
Just checking in. Nice to see a couple of new sisters have found their way here.

Ok - I keep hearing so much about "I used to live in CA"....I spent most of my life there. 20 years in South Sacramento. I know the area well. I was a Navy brat - was born in Eureka, got to know San Diego & San Fransisco well. Lived 10 years in Sunnyvale too. Brother lives in Modesto - well, Oakdale- just outside of Modesto. So...tell me all about it!!

I will be having about a dozen people here for Thanksgiving. Thank goodness everybody cooks or I'd go completely bonkers!! Hubby just told me to expect 2 more for dinner. Well, good thing I have a 25 pound bird & a 10 pound ham. Plus all the trimmings. And everybody will be bringing something. Only 9 of them will be sleeping here. I am a bit concerned about my niece - she has a baby crawling and a toddler toddling. My house hasn't been baby proofed for 30 years!! Hopefully there will be enough people watching them so they don't get into too much. I did get all my breakable put up. Mostly just worried about the rest if my house. (eyes wide & deep breath!!)

Chickens are really enjoying having the full run of my garden.
We've been getting about one egg a day now and one of the girls is moulting - all of her underneath is flying around the yard! She looks kind of like she's been shaved. Hasn't stopped her from eating though!

Jenny says she wants a say in my garden next year. I guess since she does most of the work I'll have to give in. I had to explain to her that we just can't grow chocolate here!! I'm pretty sure that after two harvests of green beans and all those tomatoes, she's going to want nothing but corn and pumpkins!

Well, dinner beckons,so goodnight sisters. Prayers all around.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2012 :  4:18:46 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

The Tahoe is in the shop. It has a 6 month warranty on it so the used auto dealer will take care of the repairs. We think it might be the transmission and we are glad that I did not have a car full of children when it stopped working. Cheri told the man who sold it to us that we were not in a rush but we wanted it fixed well. He said they would, It is nice living around here because even if we do not know him we must know someone who knows him and it makes people just that much more honest.

We will have some of the grown children come for Thanksgiving, We will cook a half turkey with all of the fixings. The stuffing is what makes the holiday for us.

Linda I am glad you are getting your teeth fixed, Living with the constant ache must have been very debilitating. I have also read that if your teeth are bad it will affect your heart.

Marianne our road is a half mile long. There is a trailer and a camp at the bottom but then it is only us. However, it is really a town road to they plow and maintain it. A third of a mile drive is quite a trek and does give you privacy. I really cherish my privacy. I bet you had a good laugh after you got over the fright of being surprised by the horse being right there.

Bunny how is the library work going? Do you have about a month left in the semester? are you surviving algebra?

Kathy I have hundreds of Jerusalem Artichokes in my garden. I could send some down for Jenny to plant. I believe I can mail them without the post mistress having a canary.. They grow tall, have flowers and you can eat the bulb. They do not require a lot of care and that might be up Jenny's alley,

Yesterday and today have been warm in the fifties and sixties. yesterday Ross and I mulched the blueberry plants. A tedious job I have needed to do all summer. I am hoping that the blueberry plants will grow better without so much root competition.

Today I hung winter holiday lights on the side of the house. Not in any particular pattern. I hung the laundry out on the line again. I thought I was through with that for the season. Who can resist a warm breezy day? I wanted to burn the burdock but, the wind was blowing too much for a fire.

Nancy I am so glad to hear from you. I miss you when you are elsewhere.

Sweet dreams everyone,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2012 :  4:34:59 PM  Show Profile
Linda, glad you got over your fear of dentists. It is a lot better now for sure and you will be in much better overall health if your teeth and gums arre healthy
Kathy, how is your hand/shoulder?
Holly I would like to have your stuffing recipe. My grandmother made cornbread dressing and that is all I have ever made

hugs to all my sistas
Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2012 :  6:12:47 PM  Show Profile
First time I've had my computer on since Saturday. Been so busy finishing up sewing for craft sale next week. Today I made 15 aprons, been sewing for 11 hours. Now I am beat. Sewed all day yesterday too. Will finish up last of the detail stuff tomorrow, then I can get that mess cleaned up.
It rained all day yesterday, got up to 51 degrees. Today the high was 23 and snow flurries. It is 19 right now, colder with the wind chill.
I will catch up with all of you hopefully tomorrow.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2012 :  05:20:25 AM  Show Profile
Janet, 15 aprons......wow. I am trying to get some craft projects together to do while I am recovering and not able to lift anything. Maybe hats, caps and aprons. How do you do that many? We are working on a booth for once a month trade days and I am wondering how to speed the process so they can be sold at a reasonable price. Any thoughts/ideas would be appreciated. I don't know how to price things.

Marianne that's cold!!!!! We sometimes get down into the 20's but not often. Very rarely do we get enough snow to stick but when we do everything comes to a complete standstill because we just are not set up for it. Ice on bridges is worst issue here when it does get cold

hugs to all my sistas
Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2012 :  09:26:42 AM  Show Profile
Holly, so glad your Tahoe is under warranty. Transmissions are so expensive.
The library work is good. College libraries are VERY quiet and I do most of the labor work. Putting books away, rearranging displays and cleaning. I love to see all the books that are available. I have to force myself to not look while I'm putting them away. I could be lost in the aisles forever. Algebra is doing ok. I'm getting a B so far. I'm totally happy with that. All my other classes are A's so far.

Kathy, Jenny could grow chocolate in the garden actually. She could grow chocolate mint, miniature chocolate bell peppers, chocolate cherry tomatoes...it would be a fun project for her.

It looks like the weather will hold for my son traveling here for the holidays. They will arrive just in time for thanksgiving dinner Thursday night and stay until Sunday. He usually leaves around 1 a.m. So they doing have to deal with any traffic.
Can't wait!

I'm having major creative sewing room withdrawals. I want to sew soooo bad but have way too much homework. I'm taking my mom to the airport on Sunday and that takes about 3 hours out of the middle of my best production time. So I need to make it up . I can't wait for winter break. I'll totally be sewing then.

Glenda, I would visit Etsy to get and idea on prices for your items. I think aprons depending on if they are lined or not go anywhere from 19.00 to 26.00 or more. It all depends on your area and what they are willing to pay. Check out www.cjscreations-deejay.blogspot.com . She makes and sells lots of aprons. She is a MJF farmgirl too.

I'm so jealous of your new digs. My goal is to graduate, get a job and I need to save up about $40,000 and I want a tiny house on wheels. Just Google tumbleweed tiny houses to see. I figure it will take me about 4 years. If I could just sell all the fabric I have left I would have a quarter of it already! I'm selling far quarter bundles on my Etsy site to hopefully jump start it.
Anyway, lots of work ahead. Better get to it.

Stay warm and safe everyone.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2012 :  09:34:19 AM  Show Profile
This is what I hope to live in someday. It is a sample of a gypsy styled wagon. I want it on wheels because it won't comply with building permit requirements. It is 10 feet wide and about 24 feet long. I would own it free and clear and never worry about being homeless again! And yes, it has a full bathroom.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2012 :  09:41:53 AM  Show Profile
Glenda, actually if you want to see the most AMAZING tiny houses, go to www.tinytexashouses.com and www.reclaimedspace.com
Both are located in Texas and are the best tiny houses I have seen so far. Maybe someday when you sell your house you could purchase another little spot of land and put one of these on it. These of course are my dream homes but I would never be able to come up with the money. About $75,000... but that's everything. Have fun looking.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2012 :  10:10:42 AM  Show Profile
Oh Bunny!!!
I absolutely Love the pics you posted!
I adore small and tiny homes! Love the deck as well! That would be a dream home for me!

Glenda, hope each day you are more and more on the mend!

Holly, so sorry about the trans. Vehicles are our blessing and curse at the same time.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2012 :  4:00:53 PM  Show Profile
Bunny, I can understand why you are so taken with the tiny homes. They are so quaint. I dan see you doing up the curtains and bedding in all the best colors, too. That is a wonderful dream/goal. It really is a place that would put a smile on your face everynight when you got home.

Glenda, you mentioned recovering ... are you scheduled for further procedures? I with you in my awe over 15 aprons. It took me a few weeks to completely finish two!!! I get distracted some.

Which brings me to Jan, 15 APRONS!! Wow. You must have quite the system going. It will be a great craft show for you with that many items to sell. Best of luck.

Holly, I agree you missed a big bill at the repair shop having the Tahoe under warranty. So cool.

Bunny, so glad the weather looks good. Enjoy having you son and wife to yourself with Mom off on her own. What is your countdown until winter break and sewing heaven??

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2012 :  4:12:16 PM  Show Profile
Marianne, last day of school is December 13. I have until January 7th to play. Sigh.. then it starts all over again.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2012 :  6:16:54 PM  Show Profile
Marianne, I do have a system when I sew. I do all my cutting on one day and have it all in a box and ready to sew. I do all the ironing I can all the pieces at once, then I do all the gathering stitches in all pieces that need it, and sew all the ties at the same time, then when all the pieces are done as much as I can, I assemble them, and boom, boom, boom, they all get done at the same time!!!! I cannot get that much done all the time, but yesterday everything went so smoothly, but it did take me 11 hours of sewing.
Bunny, I am sure you will cherish your time with your son and his gf. That will be a great day for you, I am sure. Enjoy. Bet you can't wait until winter break. Love the pictures. My hubby and I are buying a motorhome, hopefully this next spring, and in less than 2 years, we will be living in it and travelling where ever we end up. Did you look into a yurt? They are not constructed as good, but I am sure they are alot cheaper, but not on wheels.
Glenda, yes, that is the hardest part of craft sales, is trying to figure out a good price. I look on etsy and ebay for some kind of price range, but here people will not buy high priced items, so need to keep the prices as low as possible. I always say, crafters only make 10 cents and hour!!! LOL!!!

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2012 :  6:23:33 PM  Show Profile
Janet, I had a yurt on my property and loved it. The problem was I had to hide it from the county and if I lived in it and they find you, they make you take it down. That happened to some friends of mine when a neighbor complained. A house on wheels is easier because I can say I'm "vacationing" on my property and just move it around to different spots once in a while. It is the biggest issue with tiny homes permanent and on wheels. You have to learn how to work the system.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly