jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2012 :  5:26:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi all, I have been busy getting ready for a craft sale next month. Lots of knitting going on. I did take a little break and made myself a pair of socks and am working on another pair. They take too long to sell, would not make much money on them for labor.
It has been kind of quiet lately, I think we are all betting down the hatches and getting ready for winter. I know the squirrels are getting ready!! LOL!!!
We had more rain, and more rain. Tomorrow is supposed to be the only nice day all next week, so I am praying I can get out and work in the gardens. We shall see.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2012 :  5:40:46 PM  Show Profile
I am so glad for Penny's birthday list to remind me whom I have not know I have forgotten. So the list reminds me that I did not have Marianne's address so I will send off a booklet on MOnday.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2012 :  01:30:22 AM  Show Profile
Wow, it has been an exciting week here. Also, somewhat exhausting which is why I have missed talking with you all. But, I did keep up with all the posts. Seems Holly has really been busy with repairs and winter prep. Do you have a date or general idea when the new boys will join you? I would be very ticked off with my ds the entire time I was repairing holes in the wall of that size! I bet you enjoyed yesterday's weather immensely. That last taste of Fall before the real cold sets in for good.

We got almost all the fall trimming and cleaning done. Thank goodness. I am ready to call it quits on the gardening until Spring. Thursday afternoon we were finishing up when I was fussing with the horses and dh said I better go check my email, etc. (he was "working" one of the advantages of working from home is that when things are slow, you get things done around the house.) So dh went into the house and caught the tale end of a message being left on the answering machine. He was able to pick up before our neighbor hung up. Our neighbor, gentleman in his sixties with a heart condition, had been out joy riding in his CanAm (kind of a souped up dunebuggy all terrain vehicle) in the Canyon that our home overlooks. He had had an accident and was trapped and hurt. In general there is no cell phone reception anywhere in the canyon, so he was incredibly lucky to be able to make a call. He had called his wife, but she was at work and had not picked up. Dh came out told me what had happened and got the ATV started. I put the dogs in the house and ran to open gates, ours and the ones on our neighbors property. As we got to our neighbors gate, his wife arrived home. She and I took their "Mule" and headed east and dh took our ATV and headed west. It took us almost a half hour to find our neighbor. He was trapped in the vehicle, hanging out the driver's side window with the vehicle on top of him. Conscious, pale, upset. He was somewhat disoriented and it was difficult to ascertain where he hurt, etc. About ten minutes after my neighbor and I found her husband, my husband found us. It was so hard to communicate between the two search parties because we had no cell reception and the canyon distorts any sound that it doesn't completely just "swallow." Thank goodness, dh was there. I don't know how we would have gotten him out of the vehicle without his muscle. The victim completely collapsed when he tried to stand, so we laid him in the grass. Eventually, some color came back to his face. While he rested, his wife worked with dh to right the vehicle using the wench on her vehicle. It worked and she suggested that I drive the "Mule" with the disoriented patient towing the somewhat destroyed CanAm which she would steer. I really balked at this idea. The trip back up the canyon is not easy: switchbacks, steep inclines, washouts, that sort of thing. I didn't relish the idea of my first time behind the wheel of a foreign vehicle with a (at the very least concussion suffering) victim and a towing a badly disabled vehicle in the now approaching darkness. It seemed to exasperate her and I apologized. (Of course, now with 20/20 hindsight I think "good grief, what was she thinking") The CanAm was on their property which is not available to anyone else, so it was definitely safe to leave it there overnight or longer. And really, her husband should be examined at an ER, so who cares?
My dh, of course, piped up and said, "no." He knew that was not something I would be comfortable doing and frankly, I was pretty shook up. So, we headed back up the canyon on our vehicles. Helped our neighbor into the house and said good night. Called later and all was well ... BTW, no seatbelt or helmet was used and he rolled this thing down the canyon edge a bit more than a year ago. God gave you common sense for a reason, use it. Frankly, I don't know how he wasn't killed in this crash. And the last one was worse.

So that was the big excitement in the last few days. Also made a bunch of mac and cheese casseroles for the freezer and to send home with dd when she visits in two weeks. MIL had some issues with a new medicine that we had to talk to the doctor about. So waiting for call backs is ALWAYS fun, isn't it?

Well, I will try to catch up more later. Holly, I am so looking forward to the lovely book everyone is talking about.

marianne
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2012 :  07:29:00 AM  Show Profile
Good am ladies!
Marianne-oh my gosh! What a horrible and scary situation for all!! I hope your neighbor will be ok! Thankfully all were able to locate and help him!
Janet- you've been a busy bee knitting
Holly-your leftovers sound yummy! I love all types of chicken soup, chicken and dumplings, biscuits, etc
Janie - you will enjoy Hollys booklet
Glenda- I'm behind in posts, what class are you taking? We have a pottery place in town that gives classes to use the pottery wheel. Would love to try it next year???
Nancy-I lived in hi-desert area above Palm Springs for many years. We too were clobbered by the greedy developers. Just not the same there anymore and sooo many vacant houses now! I miss the So Cal weather tho, very much! Still getting used to 4 seasons out here in Ks!
Darlys and Kathy- keeping good thoughts and prayers!
Thelma-hope your weather holds up as you work outside
Bunny-glad to hear things are going ok
Dianne- I have a beautiful antique spinning wheel that was my great aunts. I cherish it, but do not know how to spin tho I would enjoy learning!!

Hope I didn't leave anyone out......please forgive if so. I'm still trying to catch up on postings.

Sounds like everyone is busy with a lot going on

I'm feeling better from this rotten respiratory flu nonsense.....aaargh!

It ended up being in the upper 70s yesterday so I sat out on the balcony for a bit yesterday and enjoyed the sunshine.

Ladies! Those of you who knit/crochet? Please go to the 'stitching and craft room' forum.
Click onto 'crocheters and knitters-top secret'
Give Diane an email! This will be fun to do if you can!!

Well, I hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Love catching up and visiting with y'all. You bless my days!

Farmgirl blessings,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2012 :  11:09:35 AM  Show Profile
Oh My gosh! Marianne! i am so glad that your neighbor is ok. How are you doing? I fear finding a soul in life threatening distress. This is a good example of God taking care of his children.
Holly, that is a pretty big hole. Did you have to remove some sheet rock and start over? When you calm down (I don't blame you for being upset) sit down with your son and had a knid hearted talk with your son. find out why he felt this was a necessary thing to do. you may be surprised at his answer.
Glenda, I do understand how you feel about selling your home. I still have my husband,but he is somewhat handi-capped since his major stroke in 2006 and my health is shaky as well. When I sell our house in town (renting it for now) I want to invest in a home near my kids. Only problem is - how long will they be living where they are living? I guess I want to be close, but also I want to be independent and purchase in an area that has classes, libraries, churches, community events, art centers, plays, ect. that will meet my personal needs. Another reason we are thinking about selling and repurchasing is that we may not want to stay on our little piece of country in the winter when the snow piles up and the winds blow it all around. does this make sense? I don't need 2 properties but that's what I have now so why not?
A spinning retreat - Wow. sound like goo times. I have always wanted a spinning wheel, but you know me - I want to try everything. I think there is a saying "__?___ of everything, master of none"
Spent yesterday sitting in a gym watching my granddaughter play in a volleyball tournment. She was a real asset to her team. This was her last game for over a year as she is having 2 rods put in her back on Dec. 10th and will be out of all sports and such for over a year. She is in 8th grade and will be a sophmore in highschool when she can compeate again. She has a beautiful singing voice and plays base clairnet so will have to be satisfied with music for now. She is going to be a hard one to keep down - she is so active!
I best sign off for now. I have more to tell so will be back in a few days. tomorrow I have an eye appointment and then Darwin and I will hit some stores. Time for Santa to check out what's new in the toys departments. giggle
Taa taa my chickie poos. Be good to yourself this week.
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2012 :  1:08:38 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon everyone,

An overcast day here in the Green Mountains. Temperatures were in the fifties. Sprinkles off and onn all day.

Last night one of our pigs got out of his pen. I think the cows knocked the gate in on one side and the pig jumped over the barrier I have across the bottom of the gate. The pig had no interest in going back in the same way I think he jumped out. My dd and I put the gate back on its hinges and then I took part of the lower barrier off. We chased the pig around the yard in the dark until finally he got the idea into his walnut sized brain that he should jump over the remaining board. I screwed on the boards and dd kept the other pigs interested in staying in until Iwas done.

Marianne - What a terrible mess your neighbor got himself into. Do some people never learn. I would think after the first roll he would have at least worn his seatbelt. I am glad you are okay. I would have been so together until the incident was over and then I would have raved and cried with relief.

I do not know when the new boys are coming yet. We have to clear interstate compact for the protection of children. it is an organization that is supposed to protect children who are crossing state lines. I had thought all of our paper work was in but Ireceived an email from our social worker saying that our health reports had not arrived. I had spoken to the doctor a week before and the sevretary had told me a snail mail copy had been sent and she said she faxed a copy. I asked to have another fax sent. I hope we get okayed for travel before Thanksgiving.

I bet it is hard for Santa to remember all of the popular toys.

I will send good thoughts that your granddaughters operation goes well and she heals quickly.

Linda it is nice to hear from you.

The only post on this page is Thelma's and while I have read all of the previous page I can not remember all of the details. I did not even walk through a doorframe so I do not have it to blame.
S

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2012 :  7:24:34 PM  Show Profile
Thelma, Is your granddaughter having surgery for scoliosis. If she is, I have had the surgery. My daughter has so far escaped the surgery, but not by much and only after spending four and a half years in a body brace. If I can be of any reassurance to you or your children about what to expect, etc. please let me know. Otherwise, of course, we all hold her in our prayers. It is a scary undertaking for a young woman. I was 15.

Holly, it sounds like you are on top of things with the arrival of the boys. You will be looking forward to even more excitement around your house with their arrival. I hope Cheri's recovering nicely. And that the pigs are staying put! You summed up my feeling about my neighbor's accident well. Some people never learn and I have little patience with that sort of idiocy. I mean this vehicle comes with shoulder harnesses because it is meant to be jumped and driven crazily. If you have to move a safety harness out of the way, why not just put it on?

Didn't have too much excitement in my life today. Some ironing got done and the usual household upkeep, but not a lot more! Got a cute photo of my daughter and her dear one from the space needle. It was the 50th anniversary of the end of the world fair. So the Space Needle was only a dollar to go up on. The wait was an hour, but worth it according to them.It is so nice to see them have some fun for just a little money. Dd is working hard and her dear one has three interviews this week. He had a contract job that ended about six weeks ago. To sum it up, there isn't a lot of extra money. But, they are lucky to have each other. They seem very well matched. So, I'll have some praying time this next week with all those interviews!!

Dianne! You need to mention if you are going to come to Newport. That is only about an hour from our home. I didn't even read your post in time to contact you! Such a shame. Hope you had a lovely weekend and if you travel back this way, please remember I'm here.

Kathy best of luck making the decision about how to proceed with the disappointment of the outcome of your surgery. I can't imagine your frustration. Try to keep your chin up.

marianne
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2012 :  08:08:13 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies!
Hope everyone had a fairly peaceful weekend and are enjoying a good Mon am!

Kathy- I hope you are able to find answers and things get better with your hand
Holly- good thoughts as you get paper work taken care of!
Marianne- sounds like you had a peaceful weekend and got some things done

Thelma and Glenda- thoughts and prayers as you make moving decisions.
I had to do that a few years ago. Letting go of my home was (still is at times) a hard choice. But it was older home, falling apart and the land was just too much to care for after I had fallen and injured, permanently my ankle and leg.
Now living in a suburban apt in a different state? It's taken me 2-3 years to adjust to 4 seasons and a more 'city life' if you will.
But, honestly, day by day the adjustment gets easier and actually am finally realized how very blessed that I am!
When things break, maintenance is right here. My container garden of herbs isn't huge? But I can physically handle them with my gkids help, ; )
Keeping up with the apt is much easier for me to do. And, although not much of a shopper? To have more city choices compared to one super Walmart in my Calif rural desert town!???? Well, that's been a blessing as well!

Sometimes, ladies, we get thrown curves that kinda rock our worlds for a time .
So grateful for farmgirl support as we all share and be there for each other!
You ladies are a blessing!

Hope everyone has a good week!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2012 :  09:30:05 AM  Show Profile
Wow It has rained and rained and rained. I may need to have my DH build an ark. LOL

I am back from Bear Paw! Woohoo! I had a great time. I met some really neat women and learned a lot about spinning and yarn. Plus someone else cooked and cleaned the dishes! Woohoo vacation! LOL I will load pictures as soon as I figure how to get them from my phone to the computer. LOL

Janet and Linda the best way to learn is to take a class. Then it is practice practice practice. Start with a worsted weight thickness. When you get that down then you can move to thinner plyable yarn. I am still working on the thinner stuff. Sometimes they are good and some times not so smooth.

Linda hope you feel better. The flu is just no fun.Enjoy the bed rest.

Marianne I hope everything is ok with your neighbor. Give his wife a little grace. Some people get rattled and do or say stange things. She was not thinking straight. I know I would not be if I found my DH like that. Who knows what I might say.

Thelma I prefer to call myself an eclectic crafter. LOL In other words I am always trying new things. I go back to the ones I really love.
Prayers for your GD. That kind of surgery is scary.

Marianne I thought about that after I was on the way to Newport. I was riding with two other ladies so I did not want to ask to go out of the way. I will be going next year. They hold this every year at the same time same place. So maybe next year we can meet.

I best get back to work. Students are coming in. We only have 3 days of school this week and 1 day of training. Then a 4 day week end. WooHoo! We will probably be elk hunting. I hope we get our elk.

Dianne
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2012 :  6:07:20 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

A lovely day here in the Green Mountains. Temperatures were in the fifties and the sun shone most of the day. I do not like to wake up in the dark. I do not know what time it is. I liked waking up when the sun was shining I could tell what time it was and if it was too early it did not matter I could get up anyway. I did get up in the dark this morning to putter around. I am finding I like the quiet time before I have to get people going in the morning.

We went to look at used vehicles that hold more than five people. We looked at a suburban that had captain's chairs in the first and second rows and a bench in the third row. The bench seat did not have a shoulder harness in the middle and there was not much leg room either. We looked at another vehicle and I do not know what model it was but it had three rows of seats and even in the front the console between the front seats folded down so it could seat someone there as well. The only draw back with it was the seats were cloth and not leather. Tomorrow we will go back and look at an Escalade. It is supposed to have leather seats and three rows of them. I am not thrilled about an Escalade because of probably a sillly reason. The rap stars the children idolize who have criminal pasts drive them and the children think this is awesome. We will see.

On the back of our barn we have a sliding door. The door slides on a rail and because the space is wide the rail is in two pieces. Sometimes when the door opens the pieces separate and the rollers fall through. I nailed a board to the wall of the barn and attached L brackets to abutt the rail to keep it from moving. One end worked great. The other end I was trying to drive a nail into the wall and it would not go. So, I slammed it harder it still did not go but the hammer jumped off and hit the pointer finger of my right hand. I am glad I am not right handed. It is still hard to zip my pants. My finger feels better than it did several hours ago.

I went to Tai Chi tonight. I makes me slow down for a little time each day when I practice. Talie is at the Recreation Center playing basketball. Kethry is at class at the Healing Arts school then we will go home.

I am glad to hear from everyone.
Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2012 :  7:55:46 PM  Show Profile
Holly, hope your finger is better tomorrow. I know how that feels. Been there, done that many times. No fun at all. You are always so busy with chores and such, good you can relax some at Tai Chi.
Dianne, there is no one around here that I can find that teaches spinning. I am looking though. I am hoping that after the craft sale next month I will be able to practic some on my own. Glad you enjoyed your weekend.
I have been busy getting ready for the craft sale. I have 4 weeks and so many things I want to get done for it.
We had rain again today and expected for most of the week. It has been in the 50s but only 40 for the high come Friday. Won't be long before the snow flies.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2012 :  07:37:27 AM  Show Profile

Edited by - doll58maker on Oct 18 2019 9:38:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2012 :  08:49:08 AM  Show Profile
Dianne- the classes sound so fun! Enjoy!
Holly- oh my gosh! Hope your finger is doing much better!

Beginning to get the dang flu out of my system, thankfully!
Now I want to disinfect the apt! Enough with flu germs! ; )

Can you believe how close the holidays are? I'm not even remotely ready for them !

Hope everyone is doing well. It's in the 80s here today. Then tomorrow drops down into the 50s!
Many trees are already bare. The fall leaves seem to be dropping earlier.

Enjoy your day!
Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2012 :  08:52:19 AM  Show Profile
Glenda- thoughts and prayers coming your way! Hang in there!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2012 :  09:19:58 AM  Show Profile
I just got internet service on my computer here and I have to leave for the hospital in a few minutes. I glanced at all the posts and, gosh, want to respond to all - but it will have to wait just a bit longer as I'm pressed for time just now but wanted to thank all for the prayers for Ginger.

It rained for the whole 5 hour drive here.

Surgery (yesterday) that was supposed to take 3-1/2 hours took just shy of 6 hours - the 2 hours she was supposed to be in recovery stretched to 3 because of her initial low respiratory reading. Doctor said it was a complex surgery but that she is fine.

I will be heading to the hospital in a few minutes - I will be bringing her home today if her night went well.

I will try to post tonight. Glenda, take it easy - we will connect soon. Holly, you take care of everyone, now take good care of yourself, too. Marianne & Dianne, you are saints. Linda, glad you are getting better. More to say but must run. Love you all.

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2012 :  10:19:28 AM  Show Profile
Linda, I always appreciate your words of encouragement. Glad the flu is leaving you and hope it leaves your house as well. Holly I have a crooked finger due to having a basketball hit it dead on in high school, I still remember how that hurt after all these years, so my sympathy to you--hope it heals quickly. Darlys I am glad you checked in--glad your DD is okay but yesterday must have been a rough day for you. I am told by my doc also that it is a complicated surgery 3-1/2 to 4 hrs at best- 6 hours surgery is bad enough, then 3 hour recovery makes for a very long and difficult day. bless you my friend. I am going to revisit the pessary alternative as I don't think I am ready for that. I keep thinking if I can wait long enough they will come up with a better plan but the mesh sling caused a lot of problems and lawsuits. My doc said they tie the VG wall to a tendon in the back. seems to me they need to go back to the drawing board on that one. anyway, so glad your dd is ok and please keep us posted. I will be interested to know if the surgery will fix all the problems and how her recovery goes.

hugs to all my sistas
Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Oct 24 2012 10:23:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2012 :  3:29:58 PM  Show Profile
Darlys, I sure hope they kept you informed when the surgery stretched so many hours longer than expected. That can age a mother!! I am praying Ginger is home and much more comfortable. Hope you can get a good night's sleep so you will be at your best for nurse duty. And good grief I hope the rain stops for your trip home.

Holly, How's the finger?

Dianne, so glad the class was worthwhile. Next year I would love to make a plan to meet.

Glenda, sometimes it might be better to take a little less on your property and let the new owners make changes the way they want. And save yourself some time and aggravation. I have noticed a big difference in my abilities this year compared to last summer. It saddens me, but some of it is my fault. I need to do more strength training rather than flexibility and stretching/Pilates. Pilates does build strength using your own weight, I just want more. I can always start tomorrow.

Our palomino, Sunny (naturally, is there any other name for a palomino?) is lame. He is favoring his shoulder, very noticeably at first and then a bit less as he begins to move. He is 26. Not ancient, certainly not young. There is no wound. I believe he strained himself, probably getting up. I kept him in the close paddocks last night (about 7 acres) so that I could eyeball him this morning. He was about the same. Starting him on horsie anti-inflammatory meds tonight. Sigh. Why can't they stay young forever?

Jan, hope you really make out at the craft show! I am knitting a scarf right now. I just love rectangular, no thinking knitting.

Linda, so glad to hear you are shaking the flu loose.

marianne
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2012 :  3:35:29 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Darlys that was a long time in surgery, you must be exhausted from waiting....... and relieved it is over. your dd hardly knew the time passed. I am glad the insurance company finally got their acts together. I hope her pain is managed well.

Linda the flu is just hitting here. Ross has a runny nose and is not happy about it at all. I hope I do not get it. The vulnerable people in my family had their flu shots on Monday. I was with Ross at the theater so I will get mine another time. The children will have theirs at their physical appointments in November. I am glad you are feeling better. Open those windows and air the place out.

Glenda- Around here people use llamas to protect their sheep and goats from predators. We had a llama once. He was an ungelded male. He would lay on the ewes. It was not a pretty sight and the ewes were so stupid they did not run away from him. People up the way had maremma dogs to guard their flocks. They are raised with the sheep and stay with them all the time but I do not know how they were fed so I do not know if they would be a good resource if you had to go away. I am glad you are feeling well enough to wear yourself out.

The geese are flying south so while the weather is warm for the season we know the cold weather is coming. We have enough fire wood in now.

The pigs got out today......again.....the boys were not happy. Jarrett and Talie herded them back into their pen. I saw Jarrett rolling the big, heavy round bale feeder across the pasture to put in front of the gate. He was not happy. Only two more days until the slaughter man comes. I bet most of them are well over two hundred pounds hanging weight this year.

Jan I like to go to craft fairs. You have a much better attention span than I do to e able to make enough product to sell. I jump from one thing to another to often.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2012 :  7:40:27 PM  Show Profile
Darlys,
Continued good thoughts and prayers for your DD. I hope she does well and a quick recovery!
The hospital waiting game is rough, especially on a parent!
Holly- oh goodness! I pray the flu/cold junk stays away for you. A pretty yukky flu bug for sure!
Marianne- so sorry about your horse. I hope the inflammation goes down soon!
Glenda- when is your surgery going to be?

Hope all are having a good evening!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2012 :  8:06:30 PM  Show Profile
Hi all, first off, I want to wish a very belated Happy Birthday to Patsy. I hope you were able to have a great day. Hope Jim is continuing to improve.
Darlys, Hope your DD is feeling better and without too much pain. That was a long surgery. I am sure you were very concerned. I continue to pray for both of you.
Holly, bet you will be relieved when the pigs get put into the freezer. Hope you and your family do not get that flu. I did get my flu shot when I went to the dr. on the 8th. I have been lucky for many years, but still fear it.
Marianne, Hope your horse gets better soon. They cannot tell us when something is wrong. Poor thing.
Linda, glad you are feeling better. Still be careful and take it easy.
Have to bring Olivia to the dog groomer early in the morning, so better get to bed. Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2012 :  04:20:52 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, ladies!

Happy Birthday wishes, Patsy!

Penny- keep meaning to say thank you for the hard work you do on the lists for us!
I hope to get on track and get faithful with things.

What is everyone going to be up to today?

I hope to continuing on some knitting . And do a bit more cleaning and disinfecting! Lol!!
One of these days I have got to try and organize craft supplies??? Anyone else relate? I bet we all do!
Being in smaller spaces doesn't help much, he he he.
I saw on Pinterest where people have made a crafting space even from very small closets. I loved it!
With my daughters help, might give it a try next year ?

Well, today the weather here goes back into cool fall air. We had several days in high muggy 80s. Go back down to 60s/50s for next 10 days. I think? That and even lower is where the temps will stay now . Love the cool fall air!

Hope each of you have a good morning. Hope to check in later and see how y'all are doing.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2012 :  05:36:51 AM  Show Profile
Today I am off to have my teeth cleaned. I have a great hygientist, very personable. It makes the chore easier!

Yesterday, I picked up the AUG/SEPT issue of MJF magazine at the library. As soon as I see others posting about receiving the current magazine, I know to hop online and request the last magazine at the library. They don't let you request it until it is available to circulate. So timing is everything. Every once in a while a page will be missing which is aggravating, but mostly the magazines are in pretty good shape. It really takes some bravery to rip out a page IN the library, don't you think?

Linda, if you find the secret to craft organization, let me know! It has always been a good idea in my book ... but, more of a dream that reality.

Gonna go check on gimpy (AKA the palomino) once the sun rises. One dose of bute down the hatch, although he didn't enjoy it! Of course, it is damp and cold today. I know how that makes my aches feel, can't imagine it is helping his.

Holly, am I mistaken or was your family under the weather last year when the pigs were spending their last few days in the pen? I have some recollection of you being miserable (head cold wise) while trying to load them ... I sure hope the sniffles run their course and exit the scene without further symtoms arising. It is so difficult to care for everyone and then come down with the illness yourself ... usually the worst case of it, too. I remember taking the kids into the doctor for some upper respiratory event and the doctor asked me how I was. Of course, I was "fine." He looked down my throat and up my nose and pronounced mine the worst case. Who knew? You all know how that goes. We always put ourselves last.

Have a great Fall day. Two months til Christmas ... do you have your preparations done? I haven't begun and I hate already being asked...let me retract that anxiety-inspiring question!! So sorry. Enjoy the cool weather, gals.

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2012 :  05:48:43 AM  Show Profile
Marianne-
Lol! Chuckling at your question!
I am soooo far behind and not super happy the holidays are so close!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2012 :  10:35:21 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone
It is still raining :( We are suppose to get snow. So far all I have seen is rain.
We are headed off to hunt for elk tomorrow. I should see snow then. LOL We are taking my SIL's motor home. So I should stay nice and toasty while the males in the family go hunting. Time to spin and read and knit and what ever I want.

Jan I hope the craft fair goes really well for you. My friends that I went with to the reteat want me to do a craft sale with them. It is the end of November. I am thinking I might do it. It would be fun with three of us.

Holly been ther done that more times than I can count. LOL Hope your finger feels better soon.

Glenda you are in my prayers.
P U S H ( Pray Until Something Happens)

Darlys kepping you and your daughter in prayer

Well I had better get a move on. So much to do so little time. And who metioned Christmas only 2 months away. Help!!!

Dianne
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2012 :  12:12:57 PM  Show Profile
Computer had a virus that is now fixed just checking to make sure everything is working ok

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page