True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2012 :  1:25:59 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon everyone,

I remember giving bute to the horse when she was sore. I am glad I do not need to do that anymore although I do miss seeing them running across the field. They were so pretty.

If I remember correctly today is Jan's wedding anniversary. Happy Day to you. I hope you find time to do something special together. I remember this because today is my younger brother's 54th birthday.

I do not remember if I was sick last year or not. It is possible. Last year the pig's were done in the first weekend of December. This year......tomorrow! I will be so relieved not to have to feed them in the cold weather. Ferdinand will be gone tomorrow as well. He was a good bull calf for a bull calf. One less mouth to feed over the winter. He will make some really nice steak and burger. The slaughter man will be here tomorrow morning about 7:30. It is so much easier to have them done here than ship them. We can see how they are killed. Our slaughter man is a good shot and slits their throats quickly so the suffering if any is minimal.

Today started out bright and sunny with temperatures in the fifties. Now it is high overcast with temperatures still in the fifties.

I was in Walmart last night and they were playing Christmas music. I thought waaaaayyyy too early for that. I have picked up a few things at yard sales for winter holiday. How can anyone think holiday preparation when it is so warm out?

Kirk, our contractor, fixed the holes in the walls yesterday and today. I am so glad I do not have to find time to do that nasty picky job. He also put shelves in the closet. I could have done it but he does is so much quicker and he does not have children asking him to stop and do something else when he is at my house. Now to paint all of those walls. The house will look so new when I am finished. lol

Turkey for supper tonight. I cooked it yesterday but not enough people were home for supper to bother serving it so they had potato leek soup that was leftover instead.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2012 :  2:22:48 PM  Show Profile
Just a note to say I'm still lurking about.
Darlys, hope your dd gets up and around soon. Hope the surgery went well and did all it was suppose to do.

Holly, sounds like you will have a full freezer for a while. Hope those new walls stay intact.

Marianne, hope your horse gets better soon. I know my older son used to help out some friends that owned some stables. Getting medicine down them is not much fun.
I never thought about looking for MJF at the library. I'll have to check that out.

Dianne, have fun with the down time on your hunting trip. Sounds relaxing.

Jan, good luck with your craft fair. I have decided not to do any this year. Just don't have the time or energy. I can't stay with on project long enough to make any money anyway. I'm still working on my cards though.

Glenda, good luck on selling your home. Frankly, I would leave the work to new owners. A little less money might be worth it. Otherwise, isn't there somebody you could hire to do the work.

Patsy, good to have you back!

Well, I need to get back to boring homework. Just needed a little break.

Later all,

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2012 :  6:50:45 PM  Show Profile
Holly, yes, it is our 26th wedding anniversary today. We went out to a steak house where you grill your own steaks. It was good, but we could have bought a weeks worth of groceries for what it cost. Good thing we don't do that too often. I am sure you will be so glad when all the slaughtering is done and all that good meat is in the freezer. Good that you can have them done at home.
Bunny, sounds like classes are going alright for you. The craft fair is in 4 weeks, so I still have time. I knit and crochet year round, so right now I have at least 700 pieces to sell, plus now I am doing some sewing projects. I had to rent a double spot this year, too much stuff. I just hope I make enough to make it worth the extras space.
Darlys, hope your DD is recouping well and not in too much pain.
Marianne, Hope your horse is improving. Poor thing.
Dianne, have a nice relaxing weekend. Sounds like fun, and you will be glamping!!! LOL!!!
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2012 :  12:52:25 AM  Show Profile
Bunny! So glad to hear from you. Thanks for checking in. Hope your algebra, etc. is going well. Look forward to the announcemet of the availability your new Christmas quilt cards.

Holly, congratulations on having the slaughtering behind you. Big sigh of relief. And good job delegating the wall repair to your handyman. Those meticulous jobs are so frustrating.

Glenda, hope all your soreness is gone. And I have to remember to tell you about Portugese beans. Just bought linguica yesterday and thought of you! Sorry for the delay.

Dianne, have a sweet getaway with your wheel. Enjoy the peace!

Darlys, hope DD is well, comfortable. I believe it is time for you to hand her over to her friend and head home? Have a safe trip.

Jan, That is an amazing amount of work you have produced! Fingers crossed that you make bank at the Fair!!

Sunny (palomino) continues to improve. So maybe the "Hide the Bute" game will cease soon. So far, I'm winning, but he's definitely on to me. Dentist visit went well. I enjoyed visiting with the hygientist. She is so sweet. Dd's dear one has accepted a new 6 month contract AND is still interviewing for more work!! YAY.

Have a lovely Friday. Sounds like the east coast is gonna get hammered. Kathy should be OK. As well as Holly's clan. I don't think we have anyone in the "middle" of the east coast in our group, but my goodness, it sounds like those folks are in for an ordeal.

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2012 :  10:49:14 AM  Show Profile
Hello Girlfriends! A bit slow at the office today, so I thought I’d drop in and say HI!

It is 45 degrees right now with a wind chill of 36; BRRRR! That’s cold! It’s not as bad as it’s going to get for you east coast girls, though. In case you haven’t heard…BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES, GIRLS!! Snow, cold, and winds of 60-70 mph, wow. I vaguely remember storms like that when I was a kid living in MA and visiting my GGM in Vermont. Of, course, it was kind of cool when I was a kid, but as an adult all I would be able to think about while waiting for it to hit is whether I had prepared enough… Just know that I will be holding each one of you up every single day leading up to, when it hits, and even afterwards. You’re all in my thoughts and prayers; be safe, my friends.

Happy Birthday to all the October girls that I've missed and to those to come; November girls too!

I’m so broke I can’t see straight. My friend, who owns the house I live in, could not afford the deposit on the electric when she moved into this house, so a “friend” of hers turned it on for her, because the deposit was less. It’s been in that “friend’s” name for the last 6 years. Well, the “friend” has decided she now hates my friend and without notice or warning she shut the power off. From last night and on through the weekend we are supposed to have temps in the low-mid 30’s with wind chills in the 20’s. It is supposed to be turned back on today, but could possibly take until Monday or Tuesday before I have power back…GRRR. It took almost all I had to get it back on and, of course, it had to happen when I have completely torn my house apart. I was rearranging the living room, which isn't done yet and I also tore apart my craft storage room looking for something. My house is now downright dangerous in the dark…lol; last night I stubbed my toe and “cracked” both shins…OUCH!!

Okay, I’m done complaining…for now (hee hee hee). I hope all is well for everyone else. I check back in when I can. Love you all.

Love and Hugs,

Kathryn

If there is a will, there's a way; find your way!

Sister #3282

Edited by - Cooknnana on Oct 26 2012 10:50:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2012 :  11:48:50 AM  Show Profile
One more thing...The flu. The best thing is to get some Oscillococinum; you can even find in at Wal Mart. At the first sign of the symptoms get on it. It's a homeopathic remedy from France and has been around for about a hundred years. This is your homeopathic tip for the season; lol Didn't you miss those? hahaha

Love and Hugs,

Kathryn

If there is a will, there's a way; find your way!

Sister #3282

Edited by - Cooknnana on Oct 26 2012 11:49:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2012 :  4:49:29 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

the slaughtering went well today. The hit man and his helper arrived at 7:15AM and went right to work on Ferdinand. One shot and he dropped. It was a loud boom that woke Taliesin up. He was done with the six pigs by 11:30 AM. He took the pigs and cow to the butcher. They will all come back in shrink wrapped plastic in ten days to two weeks. I am glad we no longer have to feed them. It was a bit warm today. Ten degrees cooler for the slaughter would have been ideal. But I was not going to change the day we probably would not have gotten another date until February.

We brought home the new used car today. We settled on the Tahoe. It will seat nine people. It is very clean and drives smoothly. I turn on the four wheel drive high or low where as in the Escalade it was on all of the time. I think if I have to turn it on I get better gas mileage. well a little anyway.

Tomorrow is the coat swap down in Montpelier. I have never been to pick up but have dropped off in the past. I am going to try to go tomorrow to see about finding the new little boys coats and snow pants.

There will also be a Wheels for Warmth tomorrow. People can donate their good used tires and also not good ones. The not good ones you pay $2 a piece to get rid of. The good ones people come and pay up to $25 for each tire. The money goes to the local community action to help people pay for fuel to keep warm.

We are looking forward to the convergence of the storms. The weather advisors are telling people to get in food and how to keep warm if the electric goes out. Might be a chance to get the inside chores done. We live on the side of a hill so unless our road washes out the extra rain will not bother us. Now the snow would be good to start an early ski season. lol

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2012 :  8:12:20 PM  Show Profile

Kathryn-so sorry! Hang in there and stay warm this weekend, honestly tthings come all at once it seems! Thank you for the homeopathic! Have heard of it but could not remember the name
Holly and all you ladies in storm areas, take heed and pleae be safe! Thoughts and prayers for everyone
Janet-sounds like you enjoyed your evening out
Bunny-good to hear how your doing

Its going to be in the 20s here tonight, brrrr!

Hope all have a good safe weekend

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2012 :  8:14:21 PM  Show Profile
Marianne,
So glad your horse continues to improve!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2012 :  05:37:16 AM  Show Profile
Good morning.

We are going to experience the effects of Sandy today. It has not rained yet but some of the winds are kicking things up. Hope it is better for us than Debby was. We had some downed trees and many people here had electric lines go down. I think it rained for about 2 or 3 days which isn't bad.

Marianne, I am glad to hear the horse is doing better. It is so hard when one of our loved animals is ill.

Holly, what a lot of butchering you had done. What a big job. I am glad it is over and hope you will find some good winter coats for the boys. It won't be long before winter sets in. It is such a good idea to have that coat exchange. I wish there was more of those good ideas around the country in the very cold places.

Glenda I am thinking of you and hoping that the house sale will go okay. Bunny is right about leaving the work to the new owners. It is so frustrating trying to get everything fixed up for selling. I was so glad to get rid of my house in CA. The buyers were ridiculous in their demands.

Darlys, my dear one, I hope your DD's recovery will go well. I am thinking of both of you this week and missing our conversations.

Bunny, I am hoping all is well with school. Keep up the good work. It can be hard at times and I know it is so well worth it.

My FIL is failing quickly and now has Hospice. He is home but only semi-concious. I am praying that the Lord will be merciful and he will go quickly. The people at Hospice said that it could be 2 days or 2 weeks before he dies. He is 94 and told me on our last visit there in August that he is tired and ready to go. One of my SIL's has made all the funeral arrangements and is with him. My MIL, who has Alzheimer's sits with him for a little bit everyday. She doesn't remember though so everyday is new for her. She is just in the moment.
We are ready to fly up to MA any day now. My FIL leaves a great legacy of 5 kids, 9 grandchildren and 8 great-grandkids. He is a WWII veteran. Good life.

Jan, I hope the craft fair goes well for you. I love to go to as many craft fairs as I can. I have not sold my things at one and some friends think I should. Well, maybe next year. :)

Kathryn I hope you will be feeling better soon and that things will be better for you. How awful it is to have to be without utilitiy services.

Here comes the rain. I am just going to stay home today except for the time out for our daily "coffee run" with my DH.

Have a nice weekend, sisters.

Hugs,

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2012 :  07:30:32 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone. Nancy, I went to the post office yesterday and got the Halloween card. You are so sweet and thoughtful. I am post office challenged, and unfortunately somewhat hearing challenged now, especially out here in the country with poor cell phone reception, which is the only phone I have. so email is my main source of communication, plus unlimited texting on my phone. Nancy I know this is a difficult time for you and your DH. My heart goes out to you. Hospice is a wonderful organization to help both family and loved ones through times like this.

Kathryn thanks for the tip about the flu med. Sounds like something I would like to keep on hand, although I get my flu shot every year.

Holly, I think I need to become a vegetarian, I would not have the stomach for the slaughtering, although I know it is the right way to feed your family. I have tried to be careful what I eat, organically as much as possible for at least 25 years and I credit that for the overall good health and youthfulness that I do have at 69 years of age. I try to buy meat that is at least free range and natural as possible if not organic, all neatly packaged so I do not have to think about how it got there. My son was a vegeterian for years and so rigid about it and I try not to be like that, just do my best and dont worry about the rest.

I am hoping for a check-in from Darlys, although I know it is the last thing you have time to do when taking care of a loved one. I am not taking care of my brother right now but when I did I really did not think about anything else. I am not talking to him on the phone now because neither one of us can hear the other. He is supposed to get tubes in his ears but has not been well enough for the procedure. Has it scheduled for next week if he feels like going. Then hopefully not too long before he will be strong enough to start the procedures on his throat to get the scar tissue removed and get him able to swallow again. It is still a battle for him every day.

I have deleted my facebook account but hope to start up my blog again soon. Facebook seemed rather pointless to me and lately too much a forum for political bickering so I am done with it.

I am embarking on a project that might be fun or just another pain, time will tell. My daughter has been trying to get me to move to Wimberley where she lives. We have decided to do a "trial run" She found a camper trailer on Craig's list and yesterday we looked at it and I bought it. She lives on 6 acres and we will set it up on her property. She has a tiny house and even though I am always welcome, I feel like I am imposing and causing them extra work. This way I can go back and forth at will and see how I would like living there, plus have a temporary place to stay when/if this house sells. I will then probably put all my stuff in storage and travel for a while if I can stay healthy enough. Wimberley is a tourist destination, being close to Austin and San Antonio and something of an artist colony which appeals to me. They have two community theaters and my daughter participates in both. I would be around to help her out some and be with my granddaughter with whom I am very close. We girls think we will have some fun glamping the trailer even though it is 31 feet long with a slide out. Big enough for me to not feel claustophobic and small enough to not overwhelm me. I am going to try to post the progress on my blog if I can just remember to do the before and after pictures. I am going to purchase photoshop for myself for Christmas and go back to using my good camera. I hope it will be a fun project. This will also take some of the pressure off from selling this place, giving me time to get it in proper condition to sell. I was a real estate broker for 15 years, at one time owning a franchise with 28 agents so I am pretty well versed in what it takes to sell property. My frustration is I still want to do these things but am no longer young and strong enough to manage without help--you gals are sure right there--I need to hire some competent help, competent being the key issue. I take credit for inventing the "staging" that is now big business, as back in the 70's I was having my sellers do this sort of thing in these little crackerbox subdivisions with identical houses, and my listings would always sell faster when they just painted the front door, moved the dog dishes to the back, opened all the blinds, turned on all the lights and set the oven on low with vanilla extract in tinfoil in it, or in the winter cinnamon simmering on the stove. worked like a charm. I also would buy the ones that languished on the market, spruced them up with fresh paint and new carpet, and flipped them. this was 1978 or so and it gives me a chuckle when these people today get on tv and act like they thought of it first. there is not much original thought.

Marianne I hope your pony is well by now. I get really attached to my animals too. I have never owned a horse but they are such beautiful wonderful creatures whose owners love them so much.

I am thankful today that I do not live on the east coast and my heart goes out to those in the path of that terrible storm. It is cold here finally and feels really good. I love to sleep in a cold room with lots of covers.

hugs to all my sistas
Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Oct 27 2012 07:47:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2012 :  08:05:40 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, has The Dalles built a new library? Just asking because I used to walk down from the high school to the library and pick up books for my brother who was a voracious reader. I can't remember what the library looked like because it was back in the 50's, but it was old then. I had such a good time because I had to carry those books back to the high school and then home on the bus--even picked up a book or two for myself.

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2012 :  08:49:56 AM  Show Profile
Hi Betty, yes they do have a new library. My mom goes there all the time. I work at the college library. It is a little quieter. Not as many fun books. Although the librarian has asked us to think of good books of any kind to bump up the selection. There is a section for beginning readers and I have lots of ideas. We get to post them on the collage library amazon wish list.

Well my son's girlfriend is finally willing to sit down face to face and talk to him. She has been upset at him for something but wouldn't tell him what. Apparently he isn't spending enough time with her and her and I conversing on Facebook made her feel like she was dating both of us. Funny coz she didn't have any problem talking to me for over an hour the few times we did. Or pumping me for information. I'm a bit worried she is going to come between us. She is very possessive and I'm sure the fact that my son and I are so close is going to bother her. Time will tell. But I'm a bit depressed about it. I know I'll be the looser if they stay together because I'll be forced to the background. She doesn't like any competition at all.

Anyway, I'm bummed and have a whole day of more homework.

Nancy, I hope you are safe and can weather out this storm ok. I'll be thinking of you.

Glenda, I like your idea of the travel trailer. I bet you make it comfortable and won't have so much work to do to keep it up.
I'm looking into hopefully getting a tiny house on wheels someday to live in full time. Google "tumbleweed houses" they have some on wheels and larger ones that are permanent but very small and affordable.

Darlys, hope all is well with dd. drop us a line soon.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2012 :  10:42:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Wow I have been reading and catching up for the last hour and a half, still feel I missed some. I wanted to get on today to thank HOLLY for the great booklet. I love seeing where others live and really excited to learn more about Holly, she is an amazing person with lots of love and a very BIG heart for others...thanks Holly.

So much going on on here that not sure I can post to everyone...sorry...I send prayers to all that need them.

Nancy, please stay safe with this store and let us know you are ok every chance you get. I hope if anyone else is in the path that they make it through tool

So much going on as it is with everyone these days. Work is work....been spending the last 3 weeks getting ready for inventory. This being my first a little concerned about getting everything right...but as most things, I'm sure I can handle it. Was told last week that I have to work tomorrow from 12 to 10 pm....not minding working on Sunday but was told it would only be a few hours...now they say it will be 10. Monday is DH birthday...he will be 62. He decided to apply for his retirement....he got approved but so funny that his first check will not come until DEC 26th...two months after he turns 62...and of all things the day after Christmas....so guess I will have to be creative again this year with presents.

I have been working on baby blankets the last few months...three people at work having babies, finishing up the last one today.

I loved going to SC to watch the grandson play football....the last game was awesome...they all played so well. This is the where they were thanking parents and 8th grade players. This is my oldest son Billy and my grand Tyler.

Now time for wrestling. Both my grands will wrestle this year. Being that they go to different schools their matches might be at the same day and time....as I was talking to my youngest grand Tyler about wondering how to divide my time between them...he really showed me how much he as matured because he said "Grandma, you came to my football games so why don't you go to Kyle's wrestling matches." I was shocked...thought he would be upset if I didn't go watch him, but he showed how much he has grown. Makes a grandma proud.

Just wanted to let everyone know I am think of ya'll and missing being here more than I can tell ya....but got to rest today, trying to fight off this cold....have a great weekend all.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

My blog: http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pgmcgee/#
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2012 :  4:31:30 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

This morning we went to the coat swap and I did find two nice coats for the new boys and one pair of snow pants. There were many hats there so I picked up a few. A family can never have too many winter hats. No excuses will any of the boys give for not wearing a hat. Then we went to a little craft fair at the American Legion. oh yes and one yard sale, picked up some small children's games and a box of balls.

This afternoon Ross and I puttered in the garden and planted garlic. I took rocks from the field over to the greenhouse building site. The hole for the foundation walls looks like a moat. On the way back with the tractor I saw three white tailed deer. None appeared to have antlers so they are all safe this year. Well, maybe not I think youth hunting day and bow hunters and disabled hunters are able to take doe.

I wanted some of my sons to wrestle instead of play basketball but they wouldn't have anything to do with it because the singlets are so skimpy and tight.

Nancy I hope your fil passes peacefully. I hope you weather the weather in grand style. We have been being warned for several days to get ready with batteries and non cooked food. The local radio station is putting in supplies because they will stay on the airwaves round the clock until the danger is passed.

Penny always wonderful to hear from you. your son and grandson are handsome. Happy birthday to your dh.

Bunny I hope all works out with your son and his gf and that she can see you as an ally not an enemy. Good luck with school this semester must have the end in sight. Then a short while to breath again.

Glenda I am glad you found an intermediary step to outright selling your property. It gives you time to figure things out a little more. Sorry your hearing is fading. If you had teenagers it would be a distinct advantage. lol What project are you working on?

Marianne is your dh back yet from my neck of the woods? Can you post pictures I would like to see your canyon and your gardens. I did cow chores tonight. One of the water buckets had been pooed in by the baby cow. I picked it up to carry it out to dump in and it was full and awkward and I dumped it on my foot so I put it down and in the process poured it on my foot.

this morning in the Green Mountains we woke in a cloud. Ross had asked if he could walk inside a cloud yesterday so we told him to go out to the porch and he would be in one now. Then it was sunny with nary a cloud in the sky. By supper the sky was a blanket of clouds. Temperatures were in the sixties. I was out in a t shirt. I can remember some Halloweens that were so cold you couldn't even see the costumes from the coats and snow pants. Other years it has been warm enough to see the costumes. So, I guess this weather really is not a total anomaly but it sure seems like it.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2012 :  05:22:43 AM  Show Profile
Holly, I bet walking in a cloud will be one of those childhood memories Ross will take with him the rest of his life! So cool. We get some unusual "cloud" or probably more fog movement in the canyon. It is like it breathes. So unusual. Thank you for asking for photos. I will try to get some that do it justice. I just HATE the poo buckets. Horses will do that in their stalls, what is the deal??? Haven't dumped one on myself. Sounds thoroughly unpleasant. Stay safe these next several days.

And Nancy, I hope the worst has passed you. Kathy, too. Please check in when possible.

Nancy, so sorry to hear you are waiting for news of your FIL's passing. I hope it is peaceful and that you and your husband can handle the loss without too much sorrow. It doesn't matter that someone has had a lovely fulfilling life, your emptiness is still there. You are in my prayers.

Bunny, Count me as yet another mother who lost her son to his girlfriend/now wife. We have no communication at this point. There were some bad feelings around the time of their wedding, but we worked past those. "Met" their children, our grandchildren, once at the ages of three and four. Then, although, we sent cards, letters, gifts, etc. we haven't heard from them in four and a half years. So, we have stopped. The children never knew who we were on the phone when we could get their parents to let us talk to them. I don't know why this is the way it goes so often. Just try not to take it as a personal failure, if it happens to you, too. Some of these gals are very possesive and threatened by the relationship between mom and son.Weird little twist to my story, my DIL is two years younger than I. And from the day she met me, when they were only dating, has insisted on calling me "Mom."

Penny, good luck with the inventory. Your DS and GS look great! What fun to be able to cheer them on. Have a nice time INSIDE for wrestling. YAY. And happy birthday to you DH. congratulations on his retirement. Maybe wait for all the after Christmas sales this year and then spend that first check!

Glenda, I think your trailer idea is sheer genius. That will be a fun project. You will be unburdened by all the "stuff" you should be doing around the house to get ready to maybe move and you can just delve in. Good for you. Enjoy it to the fullest. I am so jealous of your proximity to your daughter. I just miss the daily connection. So happy for you. It will be a wonderful test run.

Darlys, you should be safely home by now and your daughter should be feeling quite a bit better. Please tell me I am correct.

Linda, and everyone else, thank you for all the pony well wishes. Ol" Bunshine is still gimpy, but he ran in for feed. Always a good sign.

I finally got my irises divided and the red tulips separated. Replanted the walkway by the front door and did a new section in the center circle garden with the hundreds of leftover red tulip bulbs. Now I have a huge amount of irises to scatter and plant. I will be so happy to see them in the spring. That's my mantra right now...I will be so happy in the Spring...I will be so happy in the Spring (dig, plant, cover)...I will be so happy in the Spring. Only a bit more to do.

I got DD's birthday presents wrapped. (Rolling pin, parchment paper, rolling surface, cookie cutters, sprinkles and two airbake cookie sheets.) So that when they visit next weekend, she can take it home with her along with two heavy Christmas presents. Never been this organized before. Amazing what the threat of shipping costs does for my organizational skills!

I look forward to hearing from you all, just like every other day. Thank you for your posts and for sharing your life with me.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2012 :  5:02:42 PM  Show Profile
good evening everyone,

Waiting, waiting and some more waiting. A lovely warm overcast day here in the Green Mountains. We celebrated my partner's birthday today. It is really Halloween but that evening is getting more packed each day. Ross, needs to go trick or treating. Kethry has driver's ed class. She could go the class on Thursday evening but she does not like some of the students in that class so we are jumping through hoops for her comfort level. Only this week and next and then driving class will be done. Talie wants to go to his friend's house to hand out candy if Jarrett is not working so he can stay home. If J is working then T will stay home.

I gave out manure to a neighbor. I used the tractor to fill up his trailer he has to dig it out by hand. I am trying an experiment. I have lettuce, spinach, parsley and parsnip seeds left over from this year so I planted them If they come up I am a head for next year. If they don't no harm done.

I made a yellow cake with crushed pineapple in it. On top is lemon pudding with mandarin oranges and then whipped cream on top. It is very rich and very very yummy.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2012 :  5:42:21 PM  Show Profile
Here are some photos from the lsat few weeks.

in the dark

a turkey in the yard

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2012 :  5:45:46 PM  Show Profile
ok so much for telling the computer to make the pictures small.

the fourth picture is strawberry leaves iwth frost on them. The waterfall is down the road from us. The changing tree is in our field.

sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2012 :  5:46:46 PM  Show Profile
so now all the pictures are small. I don;t get it. have a good night

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Katlady93
True Blue Farmgirl

361 Posts

Charlotte
Denmark SC
USA
361 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2012 :  5:57:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Katlady93 a Yahoo! Message
love all of them big or little

Some dreams are worth the risk it takes to make them real.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footsteps on the moon.
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2012 :  6:27:17 PM  Show Profile
Holly, wonderful pictures. Won't be long and it will be snow photos. You sure do have a busy family. That happens when you have teenagers in the house.
Marianne, you are another busy one. I have the same problem with my son and daughter in law. My granson is almost 19 and I have only seen him 4 times. The last time was over 10 years ago. It is a shame, because he is the only grandchild I have, and he doesn't even know us. My son is in the army and I just found out he is now stationed in Korea. So nice to find that out on facebook.
We have been pretty cold here, it was 15 degrees this morning, got up to 46. I did get out and got one part of the yard raked and into the street so the street sweeper can whisk them away. We had such high winds the other day, it cleared all the leaves off the big old oak tree in our yard. The weatherman said we had hurricane winds here of 72 MPH. That is a little hard to believe, but just maybe?
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2012 :  06:27:44 AM  Show Profile
Good morning to all!
Ladies, reports on this storm sure are scary. Thoughts and prayers for all affected!

Holly-loved the pics, beautiful! Your cake sounds yum! May try that next time the gkids are over!
Charlotte- hello, hope your weekend was good
Janet- thoughts and prayers that things improve with your son and his family. Relationships can be so difficult sometimes and it is so hurtful.

How was everyone's weekend?

It was busy here. But a blessing after family members sick with flu for so long : )
Sat I went with my daughter and her friend to an art museum. With my long standing ankle/leg injury, walking and standing is difficult. But the museum has lovely seating in every gallery room. It was so nice and I could sit and enjoy the art with comfort!
It's a nice museum! Then we enjoyed a mocha coffee in the museum cafe that overlooks a river here.

It was so nice! There are literally 4-5 museums that are, no joke, about 5 minutes from our apt!!!
As I have, after 3 years, began to adjust to this move and try to stop being discouraged/depressed from it? I am realizing the joy and good things that can be found here!

Sat night we went to my other daughters house for a 'fake Thanksginving' feast with some friends and family. We have a family member whose job is taking them overseas for a few months so we enjoyed a 'holiday' meal together!
It was all so yummy and a great time for all

Sun morning was church. Then Sun nite one of my daughters friends came over. I showed the girls how I make my homemade Naan. Then we took the Naan and made 'pizza' from them. Drizzled a bit of EVOO on top, loaded them with fresh baby spinach, sundried tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and parm. Über the broiler just long enough to melt. Oh boy they are pretty healthy and oh sooo good!
If I can figure out our new tablet?? Maybe I could post pics sometime!
We enjoyed our pizzas and got caught up on 4 episodes of 'Once Upon a Time'. I'm a nerd........love that show!!!!

It was such an enjoyable weekend. One of the nicest I have had in a long time. Felt very very blessed!

Ladies, you all are in my thoughts! Enjoy all your postings so much

I am very behind on card greetings! Please forgive me......I hope to get more organized??? ; )

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2012 :  06:37:03 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like everyone is busy/busy/busy. I am headed back to Mayo Clinic this morning for more tests. Its the same old run around.
except for being dizzy alot, I feel better than I have in a very long time. Will be gone for 3 to 5 days. Family is so good to step in and help with the place while we are gone . I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Stay healthy chickie poos and don't forget to be kind to yourself as you are being kind to others.
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2012 :  07:33:12 AM  Show Profile
Thelma, we will be thinking of you!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart