annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  10:59:34 AM  Show Profile
I love you Glenda and hope that when you get to Maine you will be able to have some relief from all that you are going through with your mother and brother. I am praying for you. Don't worry about the garden, the weeds will do just fine as they always do.

Hugs,

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  1:57:27 PM  Show Profile
Echoing Nancy, Glenda. You are going to have a wonderful time eating lobster and contemplating your muse in Maine. You so deserve a break ... but, really! All the pool boys? Not fair! Love you - and you better check in with me when you get back. I want a picture of you surrounded by pool boys doing your bidding.

Marylyn, you make Missouri sound good!

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  5:27:06 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Glenda I hope that you like lobster because there has been a glut this year. I guess with all of the warm weather the lobsters have been crawling out of the deeper water and into the traps. I hope you go by the islands with the puffins. They are supposed to make interesting pictures. Enjoy your trip.

Today was a beautiful day here in the Green MOuntains. Temperatures were in the seventies with a low humidity and bright blue skies. The evening sky has been particularly spectacular. The stars and Milky Way have been overwhelmingly bright. The sliver of moon that is visible is a light tangerine. We have wondered if the forest fires out in Idaho are responsible for the smoke that is creating the lovely orange color.

The bleeping cows love to eat the bland chicken feed. I put the tray feeder in the chicken house so the cows could not get it. The calf that was born at the end of January and probably weighs a couple hundred pounds and is maybe 38 inches or more at the shoulder crawled herself into the chicken house to eat the dry bland chicken feed. One would think that these thick headed cows were never fed in their single minded zeal for this mash. Tomorrow.... tomorrow I will deal with it.
Lucky for me the hens all come into their house at night so I do not need to chase them or worry about them hiding out for the wild things to eat them up.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  5:33:30 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness Holly you have calf that is worse than a wayward teenager.

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blogs at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com (farming) http://brightmeadowknits.blogspot.com (knitting) or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  5:58:35 PM  Show Profile
I still have one more day of work, then I am done until next Friday. My laundry is piling up, and I am tired of eating out, because I am too tired to cook when I get home. My son is enjoying his camping and hiking time off, which is good, he is alone and having some quiet time to himself to paint and hike and camp out, sleep late, etc. I will catch up with all of you in a couple of days. I just recieved my glamping book, so am anxius to take a look at it!!!
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2012 :  8:02:44 PM  Show Profile
Just returned from a friend's birthday party. She is 101 years old today. She still lives in her own home and hangs her laundry out to dry, cooks, cleans, and loves all the neighberhood kids and their pets. Wonderful lady. Holly take that calf to obedience school - giggle. Marylyn, I think you may have found our 2014 spot. Happy vacation Glenda. taa taa til my next post all you chickie poos.
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2012 :  2:11:32 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon, gfs...I am sitting by my window, with it opened, enjoying the glorious rain. Not a downpour, just a soft steady rain. Such a blessing....

Holly, cows are so unintelligent! Crawling into the chicken coop? Well, maybe not as unintelligent as I thought!

Thelma, a 101 birthday party...wow, how blessed your friend has been. Hope you enjoyed your vacation!

Glenda, I am so sorry the woes of illness are weighing so heavily on you...you and your brother are in my prayers.

Janet, don't you just love the Glamping book? I got mine a couple of days ago, and , like Ree, it has been hard to put down!

Okay, here is my proposal...summers are hot and mugglie here, unbearably so...so I suggest this meeting take place in the spring or in the fall. If everyone agrees. The house is bare bones; however I have plenty of stuff that I can glamp it up! I will also supply the bedding! And I am confident that I can conjour up a large van so we can all go on a day trip together! Now, here is a draw back...two major airports, St. Louis and Memphis, are 3 to 4 hours away...so rental cars would be a must. The roads are 4 lane until about 15 miles from the state park. I know that 2014 is a ways off, so think about it and give me some feedback...I would be very honored to host this gathering; however, we will take turns cooking! Hehehe....

Gotta get ready for work, Sistas, last night was a doozie!

Love,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
That which does not kill me, only serves to make me stronger!...unknown to me.
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2012 :  2:38:46 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I almost forgot, and this could be a deal breaker for some, I don't know...there is no cell phone service at this park...and I mean none! AT&T service is about 8 miles from the park, but by 2014, who knows!

Love,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2012 :  3:26:55 PM  Show Profile
hi girls. just checking in so you know that i am still alive. i developed a hematoma in my elbow joint and spent three days in hospital. what was supposed to be an easy surgery-3 little holes in my shoulder- with a couple of weeks recovery has turned into major surgery-6" incision with stitches and months of recovery ahead. i'm home but tired and drugged up most of the time. i spend my days just sitting with ice on elevated arm waiting for my next pain pill. i can't garden and jenny-who is so very helpful around the house but as you know she hates gardening. so i just sit here watching my garden die. neither she nor dh seem to care that flowers that i have cared for for years in pots are drying and dying.
so i am still one finger typing and it takes so much effort. one more - waah!!!!!

ok. thats enough feeling sorry for myself. i will heal and next year is another garden.

jenny takes good care of the chickens and the dogs and me!!

welcome newbies. im not always like this. sometimes im worse!!

i am checking in daily even if you dont hear from me.

auntie m - hows september out your way? how about glamping then in 2012? or early october?

love you miss you all

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2012 :  5:08:07 PM  Show Profile
Yay!!! I am finally done working this week, and last week. I put in 45 hours this week, only used to 7. No wonder I am so tired. I am going to need a couple of days to recoup now. I just got done watering my gardens. They are such a poor sight now. I think this week I will pick my zucchini and cukes and the rest of my tomatoes. I only see one mini pumpkin so far. My sunflowers are just starting to seed.
I will try to catch up tomorrow,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2012 :  6:18:40 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Kathy, I am so sorry about your shoulder...I will be praying for you to have a fast, pain free recovery. When we first talked about our meeting it was supposed to be a Glamping trip and some of the ladies stated that they would have to stay in a bed &breakfast or hotel close by, which is why I first started thing about this nearby camping area because it has the house there...that way we could all stay together! OR we could do both! I think the house rents for 65 dollars a night during the week and 90 dollars a night on the week-ends.

Good night, Ladies!

Love,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2012 :  6:54:45 PM  Show Profile
Kathy, I'm so sorry about your shoulder! Also feel your pain regarding your garden. Hard to watch but like of said, next year it will begin again all nice and new. I hope you heal up soon.

Marilyn, your gathering sounds wonderful but I'm so far away and a poor college student right now. Maybe things will Change next year. Sounds it would be fun!

Thelma, how wonderful for your friend. To be still independent at her age is a blessing!

Janet, glad you get to have some rest. At least the long hours are done for a while.

I had a great time with my class today. I still only had 6'students vet they had fun. They spent more time playing with the die cutter than actually making the project. But as long as they felt they got their money's worth, I'm happy. They told the guild coordinator they wanted me back again next year. The quilt shop in that town also wants me to teach classes. We will see. Quilters are fickle. But it's a start.
I'm beat. I'm laying in bed, major fibro pain. I'll be ok tomorrow. I didn't even have the energy to unpack the car. It will all still be there tomorrow.

Have a restful Sunday.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2012 :  6:55:17 PM  Show Profile
Kathy, I'm so sorry about your shoulder! Also feel your pain regarding your garden. Hard to watch but like of said, next year it will begin again all nice and new. I hope you heal up soon.

Marilyn, your gathering sounds wonderful but I'm so far away and a poor college student right now. Maybe things will Change next year. Sounds it would be fun!

Thelma, how wonderful for your friend. To be still independent at her age is a blessing!

Janet, glad you get to have some rest. At least the long hours are done for a while.

I had a great time with my class today. I still only had 6'students vet they had fun. They spent more time playing with the die cutter than actually making the project. But as long as they felt they got their money's worth, I'm happy. They told the guild coordinator they wanted me back again next year. The quilt shop in that town also wants me to teach classes. We will see. Quilters are fickle. But it's a start.
I'm beat. I'm laying in bed, major fibro pain. I'll be ok tomorrow. I didn't even have the energy to unpack the car. It will all still be there tomorrow.

Have a restful Sunday.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2012 :  02:51:17 AM  Show Profile
Oh, kathy, I can hardly stand that you have had such complications. Lately, I have heard of so many "in and out" surgeries becoming rather complicated affairs. So sorry that you recovery period is going to be SO long. And that you pain is so much worse than expected. If you are not a gardener, then you just don't understand the pain of watching your efforts suffer a long, slow death. It is excruciating to watch and I know how hard it is to hold your tongue when all you want to do is shout, "Oh for heaven's sake someone go out and put some water on those poor plants." But, you are choosing your battles wisely. I'm glad to know you are checking in daily even if you don't post. You are in my thoughts.

Marylyn, you have a great idea for a beautiful trip. Coming from the West Coast, I think it might be a bit too much of a journey for me ... about a six hour flight followed by three or four hours in a car. And I am a little torn between the need to save money (cooking all the meals "at home") and the desire to vacation and have dinner "out." Not trying to throw cold water on your beautiful offer to host what will be a gorgeous get-together just voicing my thoughts. I am one of those non=glampers. I really think the majority should rule on these points and frankly I think YOU voice the opinions of the majority. I am the oddball. And your site sounds quite lovely.

Bunny, I am so sorry the class took so much out of you. Sounds like you were a real hit. So good to get those requests for your return. Congratulations. We went to a quilt show here at the Buggy Barn. You may have heard of it, the gals that own it have published a number of patterns. It was lovely. All the quilts handing out on fences and barns and clothes lines against the backdrop of the amber wheat fields waiting for harvest. It always heralds the fact that fall is around the corner. My MIL enjoyed the show. The footing was a bit uneven, but DH had "forced" her to buy some "clodhoppers" AKA shoes with reasonable support and they really improved her stability on her feet. So much so that she wanted to go pick up two more pairs that afternoon. I was very proud of MIL because although she has always been too vain to preboard an airplane or use her handicap parking, she did use her cane at the quilt show. And she did great. There does seem to be some acceptance of the aging process finally.

Janet, enjoy your time off! Your son will be so refreshed when he gets back and I know you are very proud of yourself for having been able to let him have such a long uninterrupted vacation.

Glenda, if there is something I understand it is that although you love and want your loved one to be free of suffering, you can still be very angry at their behavior. And I think you have quite a reason to be angry at your brother if he is squirming his way out of good care so that he can take part in behavior that is at odds with his recovery. You are in my thoughts, this must be so difficult. My mother decided against a mastectomy or radiation/chemo ... just too much trouble and she didn't want to lose her breast. (What is it with these vain older women?) And I was so angry. Of course, God, luck and who knows what else was on her side and she suffered absolutely no negative repurcussions from this decision, the lumpectomy took care of all the cancer. Anyway, I can understand your exasperation. But, prayers for your brother continue of course. And yes, you are right, my MIL would be a picnic in comparison.

Holly, a frontal lombotomy for the cow may be in order ... or has one already been performed! Boy, when it rains it pours with this kind of annoyance, doesn't it?

I hope everyone has a restful Sunday and looks forward to the week ahead.
Marianne

Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2012 :  10:00:08 AM  Show Profile
Marianne - You have come up with a good destination for me as I could just drive down. Maybe we should take a poll to see if there is any real interest in this get together. Mark me down as a maybe. right now I could take it or leave it.

Glenda - sometimes I just want to shake people, but then my kids remind me that I have no control over anyone but myself. I do hope you find some peace soon. I know that my vacation seperated me from my real world for awhile and now I am more peaceful.

Kathy - Instead of fussing over not being able to garden, thank God that you live in a place where your garden sees 2 growing seasons. He already provided you with produce for the coming nongrowing seasons. I do hope that your pain will subside soon. You are such an active person and I know you just want to get up and get things done. Please don't overdue. Now is the time for a little pampering. If noone else chooses to pamper you than do something nice for yourself - like a nap with your dood closing dog. giggle

I haven't taken the time to welcome our newest chat members. I have been on this site for almost a year and these wonderful ladies are now true friends. I have learned so much about living in different areas of the U.S. and how much fun it must be to raise clucking chickens, naughty cows, charming cats and doggies, and aplacas and their poop. We have drunk lemonade together, dreamed of our own pool boys, and shared gardening and craft tips. funny stories appear out of no where and prayers fly heavenward. Please hop on and enjoy the ride.

Edited by - Thelma on Aug 26 2012 10:00:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2012 :  12:25:22 PM  Show Profile
Marylyn, I am thinking you are talking about meeting in 2014, am I right? It sounds perfect to me,I would love to come if I can, if so, I am hoping to have a motorhome by then. Hubby can stay in a motel while we glamp. It sounds like the perfect place for a get together and yes, the house part would be ideal for the ones that don't glamp. We could all share in the cooking and cleaning up. What fun that would be!!!

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2012 :  6:24:25 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Just a short note, I think. We are taking care of a long time friend who is living with advancing dementia. We have started having people sleep over at night, not so much because our friend could wander off but because we do not want anyone entering her house while she sleeps. We have found out that she sleeps for four hours or so at a time and then is up for several hours. We are trying sleeping pills to get her sleep cycle more regulated. We do understand that this is symptomatic of the disease but we would like her to be awake when her helpers are there. So, I go over at night to settle her down for the night people.

It has been hot here today and yesterday. Bright blue sky and some humidity. Sweating to move. Not complaining. I know what else it could be.

If we pull of this 2014 trip and think about southern Missouri, I would be glad to meet people at the airport. If we flew into St Louis we could visit with or pick up Patty and then head south. I would be glad to drive down. My sister lives in Columbia so we could stop there and rest before driving onward, Something to think about. I would prefer early spring because then I would not have to worry about who would milk the cow while I was gone. I would arrange her pregnancy so she would be dry during that time.

It is getting late.
Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  01:06:44 AM  Show Profile
Holly, Your selflessness is incredible. You have such a busy life, yet you make time to see to your friend's comfort each night...thanks for the inspiration. I am honored to call you my friend. And thank you for all the special arrangements you are offering for the '14 get together.

Marylyn mentioned two airports ... after looking up the Markham Springs center, I think she means St. Louis and Tenneesee? The facility is VERY nice. Still think it would be a stretch for me ...

MIL leaves in the morning. All in all it was a good visit. We noticed a few changes in her and she has admitted to noticing a few changes in herself. It sure makes it much easier to have an honest conversation about her care when she acknowledges there have been some changes.

I look forward to returning to normal for a few days before the kids come home for the long weekend. It will be their last visit for quite awhile. Today is DH's first day ON THE JOB!!

Kathy, thinking about you. Going to pick an abundance of the tomatoes today and am thankful that I can. I know your pain watching the garden fade away ...

Check in with you all later to see how your day is going,
\Marianne
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  05:28:04 AM  Show Profile
Boo! Good morning. Scared ya all didn't I! I just thought I would pop in for a couple of minutes. I MISS EVERYONE!.... but my life is so busy right now. I am so looking forward to a slow down. Was sitting here watching the weather channel and saying a prayer for everyone that could possibly be in harm's way. It is raining here, so I will take advantage of it and stay in the house this morning.

We have to finish our hog pen this afternoon. Picking up feeder pigs late in the afternoon. Woot, Woot! More work...lol. Hey, as long as I am feeding quail, chickens and pigeons, I might as well slop hogs. I have so much "slop" from canning that my compost pile is too full! Figured we might as well recycle it into pork. :) I am almost exhausted from all the canning. Last week I canned 7 cases of apples, 50 lbs of carrots, a couple bushels of pears and loads of grapes. Dh helps so much. He watches TV and snaps green beans, peels carrots, removes ground cherries from the paper husks, removes grapes from the stems. He makes it so much easier on me while he sits and watches his TV. But oh my feet kill me...lol. I even canned broccoli this year. It gets soft, but is wonderful in broccoli cheese soup! The only thing I did not have an abundance of is tomatoes. How will I ever survive the winter without many tomatoes?..lol

A few weeks after losing our 16 year old "Touchdown", we visited the pound and came home with another lab/boxer mix. He looks just like our Touchdown and I am soooo in love with him. He is young and needs some training, but he is a wonderful dog.

The coffee truck is not ready yet. :( The plumber does not realize how close he has been to being fired. We have had the special ordered holding tank since July 25th and it is still not installed. Grrrr. Hopefully he will finish the truck today. But he made the same promise last Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.

It looks like I am going to have to go back beyond this page and catch up! A clamping trip to Marylyn's area! A great idea. I am several hours away, but I could pick up some from the St Louis Lambert airport and they could carpool with me. Marylyn, keep me posted so I don't miss out!

Well, off to do my chores. anyone, feel free to private message me...lol. I normally try to answer my emails. :)

Patty #1840

http://ladygonegreen.blogspot.com/

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  05:41:55 AM  Show Profile
Thought maybe I would share some pics!

Patty #1840

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  11:44:31 AM  Show Profile
Good to hear from you, Patty. I know how busy you are and thank you for taking the time to write t us. We miss you here. I do hope theat your plumber gets his stuff together and gets things done. Will you still have time to get out with the coffee truck this season?

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2012 :  7:44:33 PM  Show Profile
WOOT< WOOT! The grey water tank on the coffee truck is done.And Janet, we will be open year around. :)
Now, I just have to share this with you... I read this on facebook and laughed so hard!

A DEA officer stopped at our farm yesterday, “I need to inspect your farm for illegal growing drugs.” I said “ok, but don't go in that field over there.....”

The DEA officer verbally exploded saying, “Mister, I have the authority of the Federal Government with me!” Reaching into his rear pants pocket, the arrogant officer removed his badge and shoved it in my face. “See this badge?! This badge means I am allowed to go wherever I wish.... On ANY land!! No questions asked or answers given!! Have I made myself clear?.... Do you understand??!!”

I nodded politely, apologized, and went about my chores. A short time later, I heard loud screams, looked up. And saw the DEA officer running for his life, being chased by my big old mean bull.... With every step the bull was gaining ground on the officer, and it seemed likely that he'd sure enough get gored before he reached saftey. The officer was clearly terrified.

I threw down my tools, ran to the fence and yelled at the top of my lungs....

“YOUR BADGE, SHOW HIM YOUR BADGE!”

Patty #1840

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2012 :  04:27:03 AM  Show Profile
Good morning! I have my house back to myself ... feels good for the time being.

Patty, so nice to hear from you. What beautiful produce! Glad that the water tank is finally coming along. You must be SO anxious to get going on your coffee truck. I suppose missing the blasted heat was OK. Not many people grab a lot of coffee in the heat. Are you serving iced drinks, too? I would love to see a picture of the paint, etc of the truck once it is finalized.

So what is the name of Touchdown 2? He sure is a good looking companion! Such kind and intelligent eyes. Perhaps a twinkle of mischief in his eyes, too.

Bunny, hope you are back on your feet. Glad to hear your class was so fun. What's next on your agenda?

Today is a pretty calm day around here. Need to visit the library, restock the kitchen, perhaps find some new eyeglass frames and then a visit from the farrier this late afternoon.

Everyone stay safe and protected by prayer ...
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2012 :  05:00:22 AM  Show Profile
Hi,

Patty your tomatoes and carrots look so good. Yum! I really think your newly adopted dog is cute. What are you going to name him? I am so glad you can finally get you coffee business on the road. Those lucky people who will be your customers.

Kathy keep taking care of that shoulder. Be extra good to yourself and rest. The most importatnt thing is that you heal so that you are able to get back to doing your usual things.

Bunny I hope you are rested and feeling a lot better.

Marilyn I would love to meet at your place. It sounds so perfect.

Well I am off to go to the sewing circle. I finally made some contact with my son's girls, ages 17 and 14. I have never seen them. I am happy that the older one is now my friend on facebook. Maybe someday I will have the good fortune to meet them. My DIL has made it a point to keep any contact with the girls away from my DD, Linda, and myself. I don't know why she has kept her girls from meeting my DD's kids all these years. My DD's girls finally got to meet my son's girls last year.

Hugs and squeezies to all. My prayers for you.

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2012 :  06:38:11 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, gfs! Another beautiful day in the Ozarks....now if we can just get some hurricane rain by the end of the week!

Patty, how wonderful to hear from you! Sorry, your coffee truck is taking sooooo long, but sounds like you will be selling coffee before long! And I am very glad to hear you would come to the get-together! Yes, I am curious, what did you name that sweet dog?

Bunny, I hope you get rested and things are feeling better....hugs...

Marianne, I hope your week is well rested and calm...I am so glad that MIL admits she has a slight problem, maybe she can discuss it with her doctor as well.

Holly, you are so kind....I would hope that when I reach that stage in life there is someone like you nearby.

How wonderful that you are all so interested in my suggestions....now, I don't have the market cornered on this project..if someone else has any suggestions as to where to go, jump right in...I didnot even plant the seed of a get-together, but the wheels in my little mind did start turning. And ther does appear to be a lot of positive feedback....soooooo....ohhhh, I can't wait!!!

Well, I have to go to the bluff and buy groceries, grass seed, and see what the craft store has to offer!

Love,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page