True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  08:23:46 AM  Show Profile
Marylyn how do I find you on facebook?

Thelma, hope you are feeling good, sista chickie poo. I always love your posts. Great photos, too.
Everybody else, hope you are having a good summer, catch up with you later. I didn't use notepad so cant go back to see everybody's posts--- Darlys and Nancy if you are looking in, I owe you both an email. My battery died in my computer last week but I got a new one in Austin and its now working fine. It is so hot here and even with sunscreen and hat my face feels like it is burning. so I will try to stay in during the middle of the day and catch up on emails and mail although I am not very good with snail mail any more. Belated happy birthday to all the birthday girls. I leave again on Friday and will be gone for several days. Then that should be all the tough stuff to deal with for a while. In July I will go to Orlando on vacation with my daughter, in August I will go to see my son in Hawaii, and in September I will go to Maine for a one week cruise along the coast line and eat as much lobster as I can stand. At least that is the plan at this point. I have to go to San Antonio on busness next week but over the weekend I will go to my daughter's and see my granddaughter Meigan in a little outdoor theater production of Annie. She plays one of the orphans but I think she does get to do a little solo. I bought drip hoses and timer for my plants while I'm gone and hope it works.

Glenda #3534
http://www.gypsyglenda.com
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  08:31:46 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Marylyn!!! we are posting at the same time. I am going to make the soap asap. Forgive me for mispelling your name, I have a friend named Marilyn and also one named Marilynn. I never get them right.

Edited by - doll58maker on Nov 20 2012 9:23:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  08:53:53 AM  Show Profile
Good morning chickie poos. I have been out weeding and deadheading for a couple of hours. Now it is hot and "the rains they is a comin". Hope everyone is enjoying their day no matter what kind of weather is happening in your areas.

Glenda - I have never been able to grow lavendar until now. Last summer I found a lavendar farm in south west Iowa as I was traveling through that area to get to Omaha, NB. The owner told me that lavendar does not like to be near wood. She said many people mulch around their plants with wood chips. By the front door of her shop she had a flower bed. Her lavendar was planted in a bottomless, cut down bucket to keep it away from the wood chips. The hill and field behind her property were covered in lavendar. What a beautiful sight! And the aroma WOW! I bought a lavendar recipe book from her and made cookies for my garden club luncheon last fall. Rave reviews. Want the recipe? Long story longer - I bought one plant and it is very healthy - just this morning I cut some fresh lavendar. Next year I am going to contact her and order several more plants. I am still redoing my beds so this was not a year to add new things to the landscape.

I need to go get my granddaughter today. She lives about 45 minutes away. tomorrow afternoon we are going with our travel club to the twin cities to see the Blue Man Group. She is all excited. We gave her, her ticket for her 14th birthday, so she has been waiting awhile.

I better get some lunch started - probably ham in something and some fruit. taa taa. Smile!
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  3:08:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Page 294
Hello Girlfriends....I have missed ya'll so much... I went and looked at my BD list and saw Bunny's name on it....I was so afraid that I had not put it on there....glad to know I didn't miss it....I will be sending out the July and August list next week.

I also make my own detergent...I make a full container, but I don't make it into a liquid...I use a box of borax, box of washing soda and three bars of the soap, I put the soap in my food processor. Then I might add some baking soda or a booster like Sun...ummm something...lol..can't remember the name... I get it from Dollar General or Family Dollar....We have red dirt here and sometimes need the booster......I use 2 tbs. And have used it for over a year...I love it...it works great

Marylyn, thanks for sharing...I think I have it on my blog, but really don't remember, I know it is on my Facebook profile under notes...My Son has an HE and he used 2 to 3 tbs he says and it works fine...I don't know if he has ever used a 1/2 cup...lol

Marianne, I have two horses that have the run of about 70 acres..they love being free....for some reason they don't ever go out the gate..lol...guess they feel they have it too good here to leave...my horses are Missouri Foxtrotters...what kind are yours?

Glenda, thank you on the kind words...the new position is challenging but so far so good...just found out that today was the last day she was going to be able to train me..oh my!!!! only 2 1/2 days of training, now I'm on my on....hope I remember what I have learned. Sorry you are having to deal with the heat, don't over do it if you are outside...ok, Sista? Wow you are going to be a busy traveler in the next few months...I sure hope you have lots and lots of fun.

Thelma, have fun with your Granddaughter...I don't have GD just GS but I do enjoy my Nieces which are around your GD age. Sounds like ya'll will have a blast.

I just wanted to jump on and say hi....Hope to check in tomorrow...this afternoon, I'm going to work in the garden. We are getting tomatoes now, can't wait for the crowder peas to be ready, which should be next week....got watermelons that will be ready to be picked in the next few weeks...and I'm waiting on my 1 bellpepper to turn yellow...I also have green, red and orange that are blooming...later chickies

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

My blog: http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pgmcgee/#

Edited by - Acelady02 on Jun 20 2012 11:49:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  7:42:17 PM  Show Profile
My birthday isn't until the 29th. I got a birthday card from another far girl from another forum. I don't know how she knew. Maybe I put it down when I became an official farm girl. I need to do a better job myself. I have become such a recluse in everything. Penny if you have a bday list, can you send me an email with what you have?

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  8:18:25 PM  Show Profile
Been busy lately, so will not be able to reply to all of you, but know that I read all of the pages and am thinking of all of you. We have had thunderstorms Monday and Tuesday, and now it is raining again. The gardens are thanking God for the drinks. It has been warm and humid, but not too bad with the wind. A cool spell coming now through the weekend, just hope we won't need out jackets again!!!!
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  02:25:33 AM  Show Profile
Penny, Of course you have Bunny's birthday down! I hope I didn't cause you panic...it was completely my mistake, I didn't look far enough. I am so sorry. Thanks for taking care of the Bday list, what would we do without you?
Our horses are plain ol" quarterhorses. I think that's the equivalent of a "lab-mix dog!" They are not registered, but they are the best in our book. The mare is a bay and the gelding is a very pretty Palomino. Sometimes, the gelding gets nerved up and runs around crazily and we call him, The Dumb Blond. My apologies to my fair=headed friends, no offense intended.

Dh is home -- early this week! And, drum roll please, his company has exceeded their fiscal year's budget for travel, so they have been asked to cut back or cease any unnecessary travel. Guess how much travel I consider necessary!!! That makes for a relaxed summer as the fiscal year ends 8/31. Big smiles on this gal's face. My buddy will be home with me alot. Of course, he has some travel that was planned that he will still take.

Bunny, Janet, Thelma and of couse, Penny, it is so nice to hear from you ladies who have been so busy lately. I really miss you guys! Everyone's posts have gotten shorter. Holly is MIA for baseball games ... busy time of year.

Dd has an interview this a.m. Good thoughts, prayers are appreciated. Not sure this is a good fit for her, but she has been looking for so long ... Her beau is hoping to hear that he moves on to Stage 3 of the interview process by Friday. They are a bit nervous!

Mollie, of Mollie's Canyon fame, has started an aspirin regimen. She has enjoyed some relief from her aches and pains. And immediately commenced digging in my irises. I now have a lovely little scene in my front flower bed. An up-tilted patio chair to discourage Mollie's happy paws from digging underneath. Flash on me shaking my finger at a (I kid you not) grinning black lab, while threatening, "I will cut you off your cheese pills, don't try me!" We call any medication wrapped in American cheese before giving it to the dogs, "cheese pills." But, I am so happy to see her wander around the property a bit more rather than hurry back to her bed.

Well, I'll be looking forward to catching up with you all later ...

Oh, I made my first batch of laundry soap. Thanks again Marylyn. And Penny, thank you for taking the time to email me. I know you are very busy!! Made my day to see your email in my in box.

Hubby hasn't noticed the gallon jugs I left on the kitchen counter so that I could bask in his praise when he realized my cleverness ... but, he will notice it soon...if I have to drop one on his big toe.

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  05:12:11 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, gfs! What a beautiful day....of course, I have been up since 4 a.m. And I watched it being born....so it has to continue to be a great day! Hehehe...one more thing about laundry soap...Penny,I wish I could use dry laundry soap, but my washer will only use liquid! : (. I would imagine it being watered down is why it calls for 1/2 cup, anyway that's what my recipe calls for so that is how I have been using it for three years.

Thelma, I hope you had pleasant rains...pray we get some here...summer came in with a vengeance yesterday....95 degrees, not that is unusual for summers here...it has just been being unseasonably comfortable here. And our average rainfall for the year is down by half! I also wanted to thank you for the information on lavender! I have tried several times to grow it....and I mulched it real good with wood shavings : ( Now I know better! : ) *do the happy dance!*

Marianne, I am so pleased that Mollie is feeling better....I just love dogs (heck, I've got six of my own!) she sounds like a treasure. ; ) glad to here your hubby will be home more as well. Hope you have good luck with your soap, I will probably never buy laundry soap again...and I was a dedicated Tide user!

Glenda, you are very welcome...and don't worry about my been offended by the misspelling of my name...I have my dear ole dad to thank for the spelling! All of my life has been spent correcting people on its spelling! I finally quit, unless it is on something official! Hehehehe...

Patty, are you busy or what? I just wanted to wish you and your daughter the very best of luck and energy...oh, wait a minute, you will be selling energy! Hehehe!

Well, back to work, ladies...gotta pay for my new cabin, one board at a time! Y'all have a wonderful week-end coming up and remember I will be reading!

Love ya's,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  05:53:29 AM  Show Profile
More questions....Kathy, do your clothes smell vinegary after the rinse? Do you use plain white vinegar? Do you add fabric softener to the vinegar? Someone else mentioned vinegar...how much do you use? Another way to save money....leaves more for the cabin!!! WooooWhooooo!!!!!

Love and curious,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  07:56:48 AM  Show Profile
Marylyn I got your email and found you on facebook, thanks so much. I will enjoy watching your cabin take place. I designed a remodel for the house I am in--when we bought this place in 2000 I did not like the house at all but it was a beautiful piece of property and my husband promised he would remodel the house to suit my liking. fast forward 5 years and finally the big remodel. I started with the kitchen and since it was put in space we already had, no problem. Then because for 5 years everybody had showed up at the kitchen door, which I hated, I designed a lovely entrance with large foyer for hats, coats, shoes which had always landed on my kitchen floor with purses sitting on my kitchen counters while I was trying to get food prepared (I always wondered if these purses last stop had been on a bathroom floor somewhere, but I am a bit of a germ fanatic) so we put in a new road around to the FRONT door. and a sign which points to the ENTRANCE. well, you can guess where everybody still shows up. yep--the kitchen door. they ignore the entrance sign and drive up the back road to the kitchen door. still so annoying. My house is long and narrow so when you get to the back there are three sets of doors off the porch and I never know when I hear knocking where to look. I obviously have a serious design flaw. but I do wonder why on earth people do not want to use the front door
I also have a machine that uses liquid detergent so I'm going to try to make the soap today. I use 1/2 cup white vinegar where the fabric softner would normally go and my clothes come out smelling fresh and clean as though they had been hanging outside. no trace of vinegar smell. i use the plain white vinegar from the dollar store.
Totally jealous of you who are getting fresh tomatoes. I miss that the most.

Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  08:09:21 AM  Show Profile
Also a note on the lavender. I thought they did not like any mulch at all, did not know it was only wood. They like well drained soil and the way I lost the ones I had was a real wet season which they can not take. Our soil and weather conditions here are very much like the mediterranian,dry and alkaline so it generally does well here. I do need to consult my books on lavender to see if i've forgotten anything. I know they also should be cut back by a third every year at harvest or they become woody and unattractive there are so many varities now and maybe different requirements depending on which you have.

Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Jun 21 2012 09:25:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  08:22:51 AM  Show Profile
Morning Porchies,
It's going to be a long day! Im working a 14 hours shift at my nanny job. It's crazy here with the school ager home. Before everyone was up I took a minute to look at my Mary Jane Farms Magazine again. I saw that if you go to Starbucks and donate 5.00 to create jobs for USA then you recieve a red,white and blue indivisible wristband. By doing this you fund small business loans.
Worked yesterday and then after work treated my self to a new bathing suit.Has been a long time since I had a new suit. Can't believe a bathing suit cost 40 dollars. I also stopped by the Goodwill. I found a pair of navy capris Lee Rider brand and a pair brown shorts Lee Rider brand. I was so excited as they look like brand new. Yes.
More later kids are loving each other very loudly. Lol
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  4:55:25 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

It has been sauna like here in the Green Mountains this week. I am not complaining at all. This weather is early for the summer. Usually it comes at the end of July.

I went strawberry picking with two of the children yesterday morning. We picked 4 gallons. It cut up to 10 and a half quart bags to go into the freezer. I would like to pick many more gallons of berries. Yesterday it was in the eighties but we had a nice breeze. I did remark to the checker at the field that picking strawberries in this heat was far preferable to throwing bales of hay.

Talie is at basketball camp this week. Ross and I will go pick him up tomorrow. As caring as Talie can be he is in the oh poor me adolescent whining stage. It does not help that Kethry and Jarrett antagonize him. Ross and I miss him a lot. We hope he has had a wonderful time and learned some new moves. I have enjoyed not hearing him whine. Maybe the break from the other two tormenting him will have caused to oh poor mees to disappear.

We had lettuce from the garden tonight for supper. I hear about the beans and tomatoes that are ripening in other gardens and am a bit jealous.

We went swimming in the pond this afternoon. The top ten inches were warm and the remaining 15 feet were quite chilly. The pond has three or four springs in it so the temperature is kept down.

I am glad to hear from everyone. It took me four tries on the computer to read and reply. Ross does like to play outside. So, now he is in bed. keeping fingers crossed he will go to sleep soon.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  7:21:09 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals, Holly, good to hear from you. I know we have all been so busy lately. It has been in the 70s here and breezy, but feels hotter than that because of the dew points being up. We had rain every day this week except today. The gardens are very happy and everything is twice as high as it was on Monday!!!! Some little green worm went through and ate the whole crop of lettuce, never had that happen before. I have sprayed with soap and hope there are no more. Now this weekend I need to dig up all the stems that are left and maybe plant something else there.
Well, off to bed. Have a wonderful evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

morristribemom
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Kelly
Waynesville Ohio
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  7:30:45 PM  Show Profile
I'm new here but what's the relevance of being over 50?

Kelly

Kelly Morris
www.themorristribe.com
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2012 :  8:19:04 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Kelly
Relevance?...............uh...gee....I dunno.....I guess we think we're special...............anybody else want to weigh in on this one? Darlys, where the heck are you when I need you???? Maybe relevant to the fact that we're now getting shorter every year, our knees hurt, our back hurts, we've been around the block a few dozen times, we share a lot of the same views,and life experiences, we are old enough to remember when, and we're still out there kicking butt.
Oh, and a lot of us are dying our hair red. What did I leave out? Oh, and this particular thread is where you go to have the most fun. Stick around and you will see, right chickie poos? DARLYS, LEAVE THAT POOL BOY ALONE AND GET IN HERE!!!

Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Jun 21 2012 8:26:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  02:21:42 AM  Show Profile
Nicely put, Glenda. Can I add that the relevance is that we are still relevant?

Kelly, welcome. Be warned we are a feisty group. Not mean, just spunky. The thread really is just a group that talks more about grands than children. More about gardens than schools. A bit about aches, fighting diseases, losing partners, siblings and loved ones. Not all that different from any of the others ... but we are all over 50. Join us, if you'd like!

And if Darlys doesn't leave the pool boy alone, he will never recover at this point!!

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  04:58:43 AM  Show Profile
Welcome, Kelly....I'm not sure about 'relevance' except for the fact that we all are relevant and here we share EVERYTHING! You will find us on numerous other threads, kind of like life....then at the end of the day or early in the morning we come home (here) and share our lives with each other. We laugh, we moan, we share, and we just love and care about each other. This is the first place I landed when I joined, maybe because I thought, "oh, women my age, they'll get it!" So, in essence we just share everything....canning, gardening, kids, grand kids, triumphs, and failures....and we encourage each other, support each other, and a lot of us have met in person, because we care about each other....I guess you could say that we are a virtual Farmgirl chapter all our own! And sometimes we are the silliest bunch of gals you could ever find to hang out with ; )

Welcome,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
That which does not kill me, only serves to make me stronger!...unknown to me.
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  05:15:18 AM  Show Profile
Good morning. The weather here has been cloudy for the last 2 days. We are expecting some rain this weekend but we shall see. It seems the weather people cannot predict the weather very well for this area. The temperatures have been in the mid to high 70's which is great.

Marilyn I use vinegar as my rince and the clothes don't smell vinegary for me. I use about 1/2 cup for a full load. I like it much better than the softeners that can be bought.

Ruth Ann wow! That is a lot of hours on your nanny job. What does your ager do while you are working? It can be so challenging.... I remember when mine were growing up and I was working. You did really well with your purchases. I sometimes find good stuff and get most of my clothes at the thrift stores.

Holly, yummy strawberries! I have some in my frige right now but not fresh picked. I love fresh strawberries with yogurt. It sounds like you had a fun day with the picking and swimming. As much as you miss Talie I am sure he misses you, too.

Hi Kelly. For me the relevence is that I no longer have to feel that other ladies are prettier or smarter. I am over 50 and wonderful as are all we over 50's. Even with the aches,pains, etc. we can laugh at ourselves and be free to be who we are. We wear what we want and dye our hair the color we like. I love being over 50.

Darlys are you still hanging around with that pool boy? And it is very warm here so where is the lemonade? Oh, yeah, somebody stole all your lemons from the tree. :( I need some of your lemonade today.

I am doing laundry today and finishing up on 2 quilt tops. I want to get back to my doll making especially after making that mystery quilt. I found out that the mystery is to match the corner points of the little squares. Ugh!!

The backyard lawn has some disease that I am trying to fix. My DH and I took a sample to the local agriculture dept. and they told us what is wrong and what to do about it. She also said we should test our water level on one part of the lawn. She told us to put our 30 -40 cans and water for 15 minutes to see if the grass is getting too little or too much water. What I want to know is where do we get the cans? She suggested tuna cans.

I watched Amistad, the movie, last night. I have seen it before and it is still so moving. It is unbelievable the way the Africans were captured and treated as they were being brought over to be slaves. Another really good movie is Amazing Grace which also deals with slavery.

Well, my dear ladies, have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs,

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  06:17:07 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Kelly. I think you'll find that we are way better than Face Book. We contact each other through this fantastic round robin of friends. It may take days to get an answer to a question, but in the mean time, everybody gets to weigh in with their opinion. Stay with us, but hang on.....it's a wild ride!! Especially with Daryls chasing after that pool guy with the pony tail yelling something about lemonaid!!!

I use about 1/2 cup plain old white vinegar instead of fabric softener in my front loader machine. Hubby still puts one of those fabric sheets in his work shirts in the dryer, but when they all run out, I'll show him how to use the vinegar. WAY cheaper too. And, no smell. Really. Trust me, would I lie to you?

Jenny & I just hauled out another big bunch of green beans from the garden. Found 2 more ripe tomatoes too. She was a little ticked off that I gave those last 9 little tomatoes to older daughter yesterday. Meant we had to have canned tomatoes in our salads last night for dinner. And these 2 aren't quite ripe enough to eat yet.

Chickens doing well. We've had 4 eggs in the past 2 days and Jenny is ecstatic!! She keeps talking about how warm a fresh egg feels in her hand. She is doing so much research on the internet about chickens you'd think I don't know how to handle them!! Gotta' love her. She is hand feeding them now and then & she loves them. I think they'll be used to her before the rest of us.
Here's their best side:

And here's our first egg:

I'm seeing new doctor for my shoulder. Hopefully he'll add shoulders to aqua therapy sessions so I can work them in the water too.

Later sisters. Prayers all around!!

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  06:37:21 AM  Show Profile
Went to see the Blue man group last night. We enjoyed it but, wow, it sure was different. Our 14 year old granddaughter was delighted. If you ever get a chance to see the show don't pass it up. How can 3 men get all that music out of PVC pipes. Is catching paint balls in your mouth and spitting them on canvas art? Hmmmmmmmmmm! We always have fun when we go with our travel club!

Today I take my granddaughter home, the other kids pick up Tugz, their dog, who we have kept for a week, and I get us ready for tomorrow's antique tractor ride. the tractors start out at 7:00 am and we ride until after 5:oo pm. There is so much food and friendship along the route that hubby can't imagine not going. I'll share more about this on Monday.

Kelly - welcome. I do hope you decide to hang out with us. Hold on to your socks girl because we do some crazy stuff here.

Oh and about the pool boy - has anyone see the commercial where the old lady is going to change the 'pool boy' into a 'pool man'? Don't know what they are selling, but I think someone has been reading our posts! giggle

We got over 2 inches of rain here. It was so dry the farmers were beginning to worry. Now everything is perky again. (Plants not boobs - silly chicks!)

Yesterday I had my first cucumber. We went to the farmer's market while waiting to board ooour 'party bus'. Darwin and I washed it and ate it raw right there at the market. Better than candy!!!!!!!!

got to go. Am picking up peaches from our local garden lady on the way home later today. Her husband makes a trip down south to get these from a grower out of Georgia! YUM! can't wait to make some fresh peach jam and maybe a pie, but the best eatinging will be eating a few right from the box!

taa taa chickies. Have a great weekend. leave the pool boys alone.
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  06:59:37 AM  Show Profile
So, Nancy, did you say you were having a Tuna Party? 30 to 40 tuna cans???? Who has that on hand! Good luck. Hope you can solve your lawn problem. No one likes to see their yard just go downhill.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  3:10:56 PM  Show Profile
Good grief! The pool boy is more than just fine, sweeties. And he's smiling, smiling, smiling! Geeezzzz ... okaaay ... I'm here. Grandson (who I picked up coming in from Argentina) is packing for China. Will be there working for 2 years - minimum. Son has picked up a music degree - another GS just graduated from Oregon State at Eugene. AND we've had company (from Tucson) in Oakhurst for a week. I've not even opened the computer - we've been that busy. Now we are back in Cupertino. I just got back from an eye exam, I've got to pay some bills, car needs washing and I need to go to the post office to send off some returns.

Glenda, been thinking of you, Gypsy. Now that my "action" is winding down a bit - yours is revving up. We will have to touch bases as often as we can. Now, as for the pool boy situation ... we all know that there is no way I can compete with you. Besides, Larry is claiming he takes priority over pool boys. After all, I do call DH my Boy-Toy. Gotta just love a possessive guy like him.

Marianne, I have to wonder as -- the pool boy has been asking about you. Said YOU always have chocolate around. Now, is that even fair?

We had record heat in Oakhurst - Fresno beat the 1917 record of 107 for the date, coming in at 109. The rest of the country is experiencing "weather," too, I see. Hometown of Duluth has some awful flooding and flood damage is dramatic. I saw pictures that my sister e-mailed to me.

Thelma - your Fairy Garden is precious! Blue Ribbon for certain. And I am so glad you will be in the Mayo Clinic study.

There is no way I am going to be able to catch up ... but I'm reading, reading, reading ... all those posts.

Penny! You got ANOTHER promotion! You GO, girlfriend.

Kathryn - I'm so sorry you haven't been well. I do hope you have recovered.

Holly, how's the water (pump) situation coming? Yep, you are still my favorite fictional character. And, btw, fictional characters never go to the bathroom.

Nancy ... Thank you for the floor-footies. They were here when we got back yesterday. And, can you believe this? ... I have a really sweet neighbor who discovered the ONE ripe lemon left on the tree - and she actually came to the door and asked if she could have it as she was steaming fish. Of course, I gave it to her. Like I said - she's really sweet (and besides, she ASKED.) So still none of the "special" lemonade. The lemon pilferers were too active. We'll talk soon, gf.

Kathy - the pics of the baked goodies made me crave a cookie! And your garden sounds like you have a veggie green thumb. I'm looking forward to next year to grow some veggies. And, after what you've been through, - wow - 5 miles in an hour - that's doin' a quick step! Nigh onto joggin'. My old bones would protest mightily. (And, Kathy, how did YOU know the pool boy has a ponytail?)

Patty - hey babe - I'm sorry I missed your call but my phone was off for a bit. (And we were in the middle of entertaining our company so I couldn't easily call you back.) Funny story of your dad and the "mints." I'm going to check out your new business this evening when I don't have a ton of stuff nagging at me.

Bunny, I'm glad your birthday is the 29th because that's where it is on my calendar. The only way I could have gotten that is if Penny sent it out. BTW - How did you fare with finals? Scholarships? Rootin' for you, hunny bunny.

About chickens ... was at the Farmer's Market this a.m. and the Lazy L Ranch in San Jose has chickens for sale for $12 - roosters for $8 --- or maybe it was the other way around. Well, they won't be on my radar ... DH convinced me that they do require more attention than I would be able to provide. And then there are the coyotes, and the hawks, the occasional fox, etc.

I'm glad to know about lavender and wood. I'll be planting lavender soon ... and I was going to put it in a big wooden container. Now I'm rethinking my plans.

There are some new chronologically gifted chicks here since I last posted. I See Pamela Jean from Sugarloaf, CA - a southern gal. Hi Pamela! And Diana ... welcome.

Now Kelly, about relevance -- beyond echoing Glenda, Marianne, Marylyn and others ---- Basically, it seems there is a certain "pool boy" humor that certain girlfriends share - after they have attained a certain age level. It seems to peak after reaching the 5th, 6th and even 7th anniversaries of their 1oth birthdays. It's when it becomes lighthearted, even frolicsome to enjoy coloring, playing with dolls, (making dolls) - in essence becoming childlike again. We also share similar aches and pains and sympathize, offer a prayer, and support each other as the need arises. Some of the rather immature unyoung also take the liberty of teasing one another beyond what youngsters could understand ... as one whose initial is "G" so aptly demonstrates and one whose initial is "N" also perpetrates. I, however, am completely without any comprehension as to what these (ahem!) ladies might be suggesting with regard to my comic competence. I am accepting of the role into which I have been thrust - only because melodramatic gushing appeals to me. So, Kelly, welcome to the whacky world of wonderful, wiser women.

Tuna Party -- Salads, Melts, Sandwiches ... something's fishy here. Hope you get the yard issues resolved, Nancy.

Time to get off and can only hope I'm beginning to catch up

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  4:05:50 PM  Show Profile
Should we all send Nancy our used washed tuna cans? It ought to be interesting mail. If someone asks, ...well..you will have to figure out what to say. So neat to read and try to catch up. We are all busy girls. Take care.

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2012 :  6:33:56 PM  Show Profile
Just a quick post tonight,worked today, am tired. It rained this afternoon then got cool out. Was 46 when I got up this morning and feels like it will be colder tonight. If any of you want cool summers, come to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We stay colder than Alaska in the summertime. That make a short growing season though.
Yes, Nancy, how many tuna cans do you want? We will all eat tuna for a week, then off to Nancy's with the cans.
Have a great evening, will catch up tomorrow,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page