prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2012 :  6:57:38 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies!!

Well, I chose a really pretty lite blue to paint the cabinet. Didn't have any luck choosing papers for the front of the drawers tho?

Want to find a bright and cheery pattern of maybe quilts or flowers? Something pretty and 'country like'.

Kathryn-hope you are feeling much better
Holly- good luck with your garden and I hope you are able to get the hose fixed soon. The kids? When living on 5 acres mine didn't love rural either. Now they have pets, plant gardens etc, even in suburbia! There's still hope, lol!
Thelma-love the fairy garden. Did a fairies in a jar craft with my granddaughters. They had fun doing it
Penny-congrats on the job!!!
Kathy-would love to see that star wars box! We are kinda SW junkies in my family! My youngest gdaughter is named Leia!
Glenda-Hope life begins to get easier for you soon
Pam-welcome! Enjoy the forums
Joan-thankfully, the bugs here haven't been too bad just yet

Ladies,
I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their day!!

I didn't mean to leave anyone out.......lost my info and hit send too soon!!
Trying to add to my posting. Will catch up more tomorrow!

Have a good nite all!!

Blessings,
Linda
www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart

Edited by - prayin granny on Jun 17 2012 7:05:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  05:03:22 AM  Show Profile
Kathryn, I am so sorry to hear that you have been feeling ill. I am happy to hear that you are on the road to recovery. I hope things will be better and better for you.

Kathy, wow! you and Jenny have really been busy with the beans. The way you prepared them sounds so tasty.

Marilyn I haven't bought the MJF necklace yet. Now that you say how beautiful it is I will probably order one. Hve a happy time wearing it.

Linda I see that you are busy with the animal sitting. I like what you are planning to do with your craft cupboard. I haven't been on Pinterest for a while. I get on and stay on much too long. Although I may go on to see some of the craft ideas...not that I don't already have enough unfinished things to do. But I am determined to finish things.

Thelma all the comments about your lovely Fairy Garden are motivating me to do one. I am going out to look for some things for one.

The weather today is super good. Last evening I sat outside in back as it was nice and cool with low humidity. My DH and I watched the clouds go by as we tried to see what the clouds look like. After all the years of seeing shapes in the clouds, I never tire of doing it. And here where I live we have the best clouds I have ever seen. Big, white and billowy.

I have laundry to do today and I am going shopping for fabric to finish my "Flat Flapper Annie" doll. I bought the flat doll pattern in CA when I was with Darlys. I will post a picture of it when I finish.

Have a great day you wonderful ladies.

Hugs and squeezies,

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  05:21:33 AM  Show Profile
Good morning! I started posting on here late last night and didn't use my "sticky notes" and lost everything. GGrrrrr. So I decided it was just too late and I was too tired to try it again. We went on a road trip to Hannibal Mo yesterday with my daughter as well as stopped in and visited my folks. We had dinner at Kampsville Inn on the river in Kampsville Il. It was delicious. It was a good day, but I was wore out. Today my DH and DD are going to be gone for the day so I plan on getting some serious housework done, and a couple of projects completed. My youngest GD will go with Papaw and Mommy and the 2 oldest will stay home and work with me :) .Those that follow me on FB probably read this story, but it is so funny I want to share it with those not on FB. My Dad donated $2 to Combat Veterans of America and they gave him this blister pack of "mints". He decided to try one after supper and chewed and chewed and couldn't digest it. It seemed to get larger and was rather dry. He handed it to my mother and she discovered it was a tablet washcloth that "grows" when water is added. I laughed so hard! I am going to load you with pictures this morning. In honor of Father's day yesterday, one of my dad and I taken 20 yrs ago, a more recent one of my dad and a picture of the "mints". Maybe now that we are not so busy with Father's Day events, each of us can share a picture of our fathers.

Patty #1840

http://ladygonegreen.blogspot.com/

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible

Edited by - thebyrdhaus on Jun 18 2012 05:23:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  05:31:02 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, gfs! It is a wonderful day in the Ozarks! I have lots to do today..pick and put up green beans, laundry (of course), make laundry soap, watch for the delivery of my 'Heirloom Cookbook', oh, just lots of stuff, but most importantly, I need to keep up with y'all. Hehehehehe.....

Thelma, did I mention how much I love your Fairy Garden? Well, I do...I may have been a tad over zealous when perusing the site and jumping in on some os the swaps...everyone is so talented here, sometimes I feel like mine may not be appreciated. I received the most precious Dotee Doll Sarurday...it is absolutely gorgeous....and I spent so much time on mine and I thought it was awesome, but I'm not sure.....eeeepppppsssss!!!!! Well, I guess I'll just have to wait and see!

Holly, glad to hear you have a good supply of hay this year....it has been sooooo dry here this spring that hay production is down by 2/3!!!! Naturally, that means the price is going up...we are supposed to get ours delivered this week.

Kathy, I just love going to auctions; however, with me working week-ends that doesn't happen anymore. : (

Oh, the sun I peeking over the horizon, gotta pick the beans!!!!

Bye...love ya's,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

delicia
True Blue Farmgirl

917 Posts

delicia
cincinnati ohio
USA
917 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  11:29:32 AM  Show Profile
Marylynn, I feel the same way. There are some ladies who I am in awe of the talent that they have. I always put a lot of love if not talent in my things for the swaps so I hope that shines through.
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  2:03:36 PM  Show Profile
Lots of love goes into every stitch, drop of glue, and every sequin....I hope they can feel it!.....very talented Farmgirls!

Love,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  3:20:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
thank you Thelma for my birthday card...you ladies make a girl feel very special...first day in my new position went well...lots to learn and lots of computer and paper work...but think it will be fine....I only have a week to learn the girl training me had over 2 weeks....lol...so I hope I get it by Friday...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

My blog: http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pgmcgee/#
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  4:40:04 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Patty that story is very funny about the expanding washcloths. I am glad you posted it here. I do not do facebook.

The man whom I think laid the pipe from our spring to our house has been at the lake Champlain fishing Derby for the weekend. He should be home today. I hope that he calls tomorrow or stops up.

Today was an absolutely gorgeous day. Temperatures in the 70's with a light breeze. High thin clouds floating by.

I have screwed an old ladder I found to the top of some 2 X 4's to make a tower for my beans and cukes. I am trying to hang some old heavy gauge wire that has 2" X 3" rectangles in it. The wire is bent in odd places and while it would serve the purpose of the growing net I do not like it so I will probably take it down and use chicken wire. here Kathy is harvesting beans already and I am just planting them. Well, the ground will be warm enough for the seeds to sprout with out too much effort. the zucchini and summer squash are making an appearance.

Marianne 28 acres is a sizeable piece of land. Is it all pasture? Do you have to lime your fields. here in the northeast we have very acidic soils. If we do not spread lime regularly we can grow fern and wild strawberries.

I was in the veggie garden which has the rosa rugosa growing along side it. The scent of the roses was wonderful. A light perfume.

the female guinea is not around much. I think she may be nesting in the tall grass inside the garden. I hear her and the male guinea calling in the late afternoon. I will have to look up and see how long the incubation period is. It would be fun to have little guineas running around. Picture tiny little ostriches and that is what they look like. lol

Marylyn we do not usually have dry summers to miss the first cutting of hay. Usually it is too wet and not enough time to dry in the fields. sometimes it is hard getting in the second cutting and harder for a third. Lucky for us we usually take first cutting and get it in early.

the wild strawberries are ripening. they may only be about the size of your pinky nail but what they lack in size they make up for in flavor. the sweetness makes my whole mouth wake up.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  6:12:23 PM  Show Profile
We had rain off and on all day today with heavy thunderstorms. Got roughly 3 inches of rain, the weather mas is saying. 7 miles north of us had 2 inch hail.Supposed to rain tomorrow and Wednesday also. The garden got a good soaking, which it needed badly. Now I won't have to water. Everything is growing so well right now, so I should get a good crop again this year. I love my little garden!!! I love fresh veggies.
Sounds like everyone is keeping busy, that time of the year.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  7:16:43 PM  Show Profile
It was so hot here today that i spent most of it inside. I am going to get up with the sun in the morning and get watering done so all my hard work in the gardens doesn't fade away.

I am glad I have inspired some of you to make fairy gardens. Holly, you are right. The tree is out of place. I know where I can buy some mineature ivy. I am going to try to wind a few pieces around the wire branches. I am also considering putting the tree in the middle of the garden and hiding the 2 other faries near the back for a more magical feel. Thanks for your advise. I knew it needed something.

Marylyn - You know what - we all have our strong points and our week points. Some things we create come out wonderfully and sometimes they are a big flop. What I do in the sewing and crafts department shows my strengths, but cooking is usually a big flop for me. thats why we eat rather simply around here. Don't worry about what others think of your work or that your end results are not good enough. Enjoy the journey my friend; enjoy the journey!

We had a good weekend. the boys and their families were both here to help Darwin celebrate father's day. they even brought the food and did the cooking. Life is good. We loaded up junk for the scrap yard and trimmed some trees. My granddaughter and I started pulling down a very rotten old chicken house. Now I hope gravety takes over and pulls the rest of it down so hubby and I can haul it to the burn pile. the wood was so rotten I didn't even think about making something out of it.

time to take Lily dog out and then I'm going to bed. Taa taa chickie poos. Be good to yourselves!

Edited by - Thelma on Jun 18 2012 7:21:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2012 :  8:03:23 PM  Show Profile
Kathy, thank you so much for the birthday card and tuck in. I didn't even know I was on the birthday list. I have been feeling a little down lately and your card was a wonderful pick me up. I hope you are feeling better.

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  05:16:21 AM  Show Profile
Bunny - I can't find your name on the birthday list. Sorry I missed sending you a card and tuck-in. Please e-mail me your address and birthdate so I can get you on my list. tdadams@wctatel.net I would also enjoy getting birthdays and addresses from other chickie poos to add to my list. I promise not to pass on any info sent to me personally.
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  05:34:48 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, gfs!!! It is a beautiful day in the Ozarks!! And it is going to be a busy, busy day....I am so excited... The backhoe man is on his way!!!! He is taking out stumps and *drum roll, please* digging the footing for our new cabin!!!!! I have been waiting for this day for two years!!!! A few years ago I started doodling on paper layouts of cabins...my husband walked in, looked at my drawings and said "so we are building a new cabin?" I said "yes, I think we are ready".....long story short...24 years ago we built a nice 3 bedroom home....10 years ago it burned to the ground....when we got the insurance check we 'decided' we were too tired to rebuild....so we bought a new double wide .....it is nice, but it is way tooooo big for just the two of us.....so I started doodling on paper and now the backhoe man is one his way to my farm!!!!! Yippeee!!! It may be a few years before we actually move in because we build our houses ourselves...and we pay for everything as we go...no mortgages on this farm....but we've started, ladies, we've started!!!!!

Thank you, Thelma for your kind words. I do tend to whine at times when my insecurities raise their ugly heads! And, Sister, I do love the journey....and my strengths are getting ready to begin with my own cabin that I designed!!!! I don't guess there is a swap for that!!! Hehehehe....love you!

So busy today....gotta run!

Love,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  06:16:17 AM  Show Profile
Dear Auntie M - If there was a swap for your cabin, I'd do it in a heartbeat!! Alas, all I have is my urban farm....not even 1/4 acre on this lot. Our retirement money pit has about 2 acres, but we're years away from being able to live there full time. Besides, I have my garden here and now 2 laying hens. Safeway, GameStop and Clothes Barn 1 mile away. What more could I want. But we're going to enjoy your journey while you guys build your cabin. Please post pictures!

Patty - the story about your Dad and his 'mint' had me laughing so hard! I could just imagine him chewing and chewing then pulling out the fabric like a magician pulling that long red string of flags out of his mouth. So funny!! Thank you for sharing that story. Really was a fun way for this chick to end her day.

Linda - Jenny already gave most of the Star Wars stuff away to friends & her brother. She only kept the couple of things she really wanted. There were only a couple of action figures - C3P0 & Jaba the Hut. The rest were accessories and of course the costume of Qui-Gon Jin. Her favorite from all the movies.

Janet - Next time you plan a dinner like that, please invite all of us. My mouth watered just at the thought of all that numminess!!

Holly - I know your water situation just sucks (pun intended). Really, I hope you find the hole and patch it so you can get your water back to normal. Also, I joined the "Bee Initiative". Meaning, I planted so many flowering plants around here just for the bees. I spread clover seeds in my front lawn and I let it grow just for the bees (& bunnies).

And all the flowers that invite bees & butterflies that I could find. I tried to get as many perennials as I could so they will come back year after year. I also planted those sunflowers throughout the tomato plants and boy did they get huge!! No seeds though. The heads were about 6-8" across and they were a beautiful red/yellow color - like a sunset in a circle. The bees were all over them, then the birds enjoyed the tiny seeds. It was funny having all the honey bees buzzing all around while I was pulling weeds & putting poles for the tomatoes to tie to. Of course, Jenny was beside herself with fear, thinking they were all out to get her. We had to be careful when picking the green beans, because there are still blossoms in the patch & the bees were still busy doing their job. I showed Jenny that if you just gently blow at them, that they would go the other direction. She thinks it's because they don't like the smell of her breath!!

Marylyn - Please give me your recipe for laundry soap. I have a front loader machine & have a terrible time getting it right. Especially since I add vinegar to the final rinse cycle.

As you all know, my MJF Chapter leader was giving me 2 laying hens. Well, yesterday, we brought them home! My 2 Jack Russell doggies are going crazy! We built the chicken palace inside the fenced in part of my garden so they'd have to go through 2 layers of protection to get to them. Anyway, Jenny named them Freckles & Speckles. This morning, one of them (Speckles, I think) stood still long enough for Jenny to actually pet her. Jenny's face just lit up. It's the small things that make you cry when you see just how much it makes her happy just to have them here. She stands at the kitchen window, listening to them cluck & 'hum'. We didn't get any eggs yet, but I guess that's to be expected. The shock of being shoved into a cat carrier, then driven away in the back of my truck, then put in to a strange coop. It would keep me from laying too!

Jenny & I picked and put up another 6 pints of green beans yesterday. Still plenty growing. 9 tomatoes too.

Well, I'm off to do my Physical Therapy exercises. Trying to strengthen the muscles around my legs to support my knees better. Then, I'll sew my new apron.

Later Sisters.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  08:29:34 AM  Show Profile
Hi gfs.

I am so far behind...but, I have the day to myself and I will catch up with all you busy gals.

I just had to comment on Jenny's reaction to the hen. It gave me a catch in my throat, Kathy, because I know just how you felt when you saw her face light up. I am so happy for you to have that joy with Jenny. It makes your day completely worthwhile. So happy that Jenny loves the hens ...
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  08:31:01 AM  Show Profile
Oh, a couple more things...Kathy, your clover is beautiful. And the next time we get a new pet, Jenny will be consulted on naming it. Freckles and Spreckles are my all time favorite chicken names.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  08:50:20 AM  Show Profile
Gosh, I am extremely busy right now... the business is making it's way. Look on this thread and read about it.
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=58806

Patty #1840

http://ladygonegreen.blogspot.com/

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  09:47:08 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Patty, that is absolutely wonderful!!!! I know you and your daughter will have a triving business. Good luck. Am anxious to see it when you are all finished and ready to go!!!

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  2:39:32 PM  Show Profile
Recipe for liquid laundry soap

1/2 cup borax
1/2 cup washing soda (not baking soda)
1/3 bar Fels Napha bar soap

Grate a third of the bar of soap on the finest grater you can find...add to 1 quart of hot water on the stove...heat until well dissolved....add the powders...stir well and heat until thickened and dissolved. Pour into two gallon container and add a gallon and three-quarters hot water and stir well. Let sit for 24 hours and stir occasionally. Use 1/2 cup per load.

Now, Kathy, as that cools it may become lumpy....like the soap grates are reforming....that is pretty normal...I use mine like that and I have a Cabrio washer...needs low suds detergent, which this recipe makes.

Gotta run!!! Love ya's,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2012 :  9:45:40 PM  Show Profile
HI Everyone,

Missed you all the past few days. It was a busy but very enjoyable weekend. Our daughter and her guy came to visit. We got to spend some time with them both and really got to know her boyfriend much better. We had a great Father's Day. Dh got his favorite meal and some special pampering. The kids took off Monday early and life returned to normal -whatever that is!!

I am still on QuailWatch'12. Last count was 13 eggs. They are still sitting on them and are so used to me being in my garden that they don't leave the nest. We are supposed to warm up tomorrow and the next day, so I am looking forward to doing some gardening without someone telling me, "Don't overdo it! Don't you think you should come in now? Aren't you tired?" I know the concern is well-intentioned, but still...

Holly, we have our land almost completely fenced. The horses have three medium paddocks and one small run attached to their stalls - about 5 acres total amongst them. And then they have the rest of the acreage that is fenced where they can really graze about 20 acres. So this time of year, if they are "turned out" to graze, it is limited to 48 hours because of the richness. When we bring them in, we withhold grain and hay for 12 to 24 hours so that they don't founder. These are not skinny horses, but it sounds as though we are starving them. They are both easy-keepers, never had any trouble keeping weight on them. Ususally it is the opposite. And I have always been taught that the smallest berries are always the sweetest!

Marylyn, I am so happy to have your soap recipe. I am in business now!! No more buying soap. Thank you so much for sharing. Oh, and I hope you know that receiving a handmade gift is so special. Your work is most certainly appreciated. I am sure you are being terribly hard on yourself when you are judging your talent! Wow! What an exciting project. We will need step by step photos posted of the progress on your cabin. What a labor of love. It sure will feel like "yours." I admire you and your husband so much for doing this! Again.

Patty, the expanding washcloths look exactly like mints. Gosh, that must have been terrible in his mouth!! But, so funny. Your coffee van looks GREAT. I would grab a cup of joe from a coach that was that clean! It looks just immaculate. I will pray that you will have success. I know the hard work part you have totally covered!

Thelma, you have inspired us to make the fairy gardens. I think the additions that Holly suggested were good. I bet you make a bunch more of these now that you have all these ideas! It sounds like your Father's Day was really special, too.

Bunny, I am so sorry to have missed your birthday, too. Hope you get on the "official" list. Or am I missing it on the list, too.. Hope your day was wonderful.

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  07:13:27 AM  Show Profile
Marylyn,
Do you use less for a front load washer ... my directions for my machine say two tablespoons ...
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  07:15:04 AM  Show Profile
HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SUMMER!

We are having a picture perfect day. High of mid 70s. Perfect for gardening. Hope you gals in the NE aren't too terribly uncomfortable in that heat wave.

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  07:46:34 AM  Show Profile
You know, Marianne, I am not sure...however much you use would probably be okay because, like I said, it does not suds up....I haven't bought laundry soap in three years and have only bought fixings twice, so I have spent about 16 dollars in those three years, with plenty of stuff left to make it for a couple of more years!!!!

Well, the footing is dug....and I am soooo sorry, but my iPad will not let me post pictures here or email them!!!! I can post to Facebook, which is where the digging pictures are posted. I didnot think about it with the first house, but with this project I am making a scrapbook of the whole process!

It is a wonderful day in my neighborhood, but I have to run to the bluff (Poplar Bluff, MO) to run some errands, will chat at y'all later!

Love ya's,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  08:05:25 AM  Show Profile
good morning everybody. I am just checking in to see how everybody is doing.....busy, looks like. My gosh, Patty, didn't you have enough to do already??? You are amazing!!! I know you will do well at everything you do because you are such a hard worker and a perfectionist. I hope you don't get too busy to blog because I really enjoy your blog. I wanted to tell you that I went out to a new restaurant in Austin last week and decided to order quail, because of your raising quail to eat. I had not had it in years and years. Anyway, the meat is like guinea meat, all dark, and tasted good, but they brought two whole little quail out on my plate, bones and all, and it looked like I was eating pets. I won't do that again.
Penny, congrats to you, no surprise there either...you are so dedicated and conscientious.
Marianne I always enjoy your posts so much. Looks like you are doing fine with the empty nest,(daughter leaving) glad she got to come to see you.
Marilyn I also appreciate the soap recipe. I have the front load HE machine and I recently bought detergent that was not labeled HE by mistake and it fouled up my machine. Do you use this in a HE washer and if so, is it still 1/2 cup? thanks in advance.
I am so sorry for everybody dealing with the fires. We had that last year and it is really horrible. I grew up in the 40's and 50's on the farm during a history making 7 year drought and it really is so hard on so many levels, for us because we depended on the rain for crops it wiped out my father who had big plans to have a cotton plantation and it destroyed him emotionally as well, he became an alcoholic and of course was devastating to our whole family. Just something as simple as rain would have completely changed my whole life. This year we have had adequate rain and my weeds and grass are taking full advantage. I am spending my few days at home mowing and weed eating. I still can not resist buying plants and am trying to get lavender growing again, once it gets established it really needs little water. I love having it dried in the house everywhere, it makes the house smell so good and the scorpions do not like it. I could not resist buying 4 beautiful pots of hidcote lavender when I was here before, and even though I thought I had them set up properly it looks like they got too dry while I was gone. One will make it but the other 3 look iffy. While in austin last week I bought 3 more of a different variety which I have had better luck with, and got some greek oregano, santolina, basil and a deep red daylily which I want to get started on the back hillside for soil erosion as well as something pretty to choke out the weeds that like to grow there.
Marilyn my post suddenly posted while I was typing and there was yours, answering the soap question I think. I'll stop now before I lose the whole darn thing.

Glenda #3534
http://www.gypsyglenda.com

Edited by - doll58maker on Jun 20 2012 08:27:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2012 :  08:10:35 AM  Show Profile
Yes, Glenda, I do have a HE washer...so the soap does fine in them. : )

Love

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page