thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2012 :  9:08:05 PM  Show Profile
I am exhausted. Will take awhile to get back to myself...lol. We got home yesterday evening. We drove over 500 miles a day. What a trip! The babies were good and the dog behaved. It was really a nice trip. Besides seeing Darlys, I was able to meet up with a very old penpal. We have been penpals for decades! We have met on occasion, but had been almost 20 years since seeing each other.
My oldest son was working in Joplin, Mo, so we were able to stop and visit him and the next day stopped and visited his family in Rolla. It was a good trip, just not much sight seeing.
Darlys is wonderful! I just can't express what a wonderful friend we all share. It was a wonderful visit. Today was Nancy's day with her! And she is right... I eyed lots of things that I thought "Heck I can make that"! BTW Darlys, the cookies were delicious!
Dalous' cousin had surgery on monday for a cyst on her brain. Was suppose to be a pretty simple surgery with the risk of course. Everything went wrong and she had to be taken back into surgery twice for bleeding. She had a stroke during this time. She was put on a ventilator and later a treach, pic line and feeding tube. She is still in ICU. Today she opened her eyes, smiled and moved her right leg. Please remember her in your prayers.

Janet- I will be praying for you, praying for healing. I have asthma and have difficulty breathing at times. I can not imagine the struggle you have.

Holly- When my twins were 17 years old I took them to the dentist and requested their wisdom teeth be removed. There was no reason not to, while we had good insurance. As soon as they turned 18 they lost our insurance.

Kathy- your trip sounded like one my daughter had several years ago when she left our home in Ohio to return to South Carolina. She had two babies then and the dog. The youngest got sick and vomited and poor Jessica was trying to clean it up and the oldest started crying "I am allergic to throw-up" and she started vomiting, and the dog was trying to clean it up. She doesn't do too much traveling alone with the babies now..lol.
Claudia- Thanks for the warning signs of heart attacks for women. Though we have all read these before, we always need a reminder. The more these signs are instilled in us, the better chances we have of recognizing them and will get the help we need.

Thelma- You remain on my prayer list. I believe pharmaceutical companies gouge their prices because of insurance companies and the rest of us pay for it. It is a shame. I realize that studies cost alot, but our goverment money funds those studies as well as other contributions.

Well, off to bed I go! Have a good night. Now that I am home and not on the phone I will post a pic of Darlys and I, One of myself with my oldest son and daughter and one of all 5 of my grandbabies!

Patty #1840

http://ladygonegreen.blogspot.com/

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2012 :  04:42:03 AM  Show Profile
Good morning from Maryland. It's already hot & humid.....well, to me it is. I guess it's only really 75, but I'm a pessimist!

Jenny & I are off to a Flea Market today with the other 2 members of our local 'henhouse' chapter. Jenny is very excited. She loves yard sales and flea markets. I have to keep an eye on her so she doesn't bring home too many stuffed animals "for the dogs". I am on the lookout for a large pot I can plant a Mandevilla in. It is a beautiful climbing plant that can grow as high as 6-8 feet. But, it can't tolerate temperatures below 60 - kinda like me!! Anyway, if I can find a nice pot about 5-8 gallons with a bottom on it I can keep it in the house in a sunny window during the winter and put it outside in the summer. My Granny's house looked like a jungle during the winter, then when the nights warmed up, she'd put everything outside and let them 'air out'.

I've bought one of those umbrella style clothes lines. I haven't had a clothes line for years and years. I have to pick out a place to put the metal 'cup thing' for the umbrella to stand in so we can dig it out & 'plant' it. Probably on my list of things to do today.

And speaking of things to do today, the chicken palace still isn't done. Jenny & I painted the doors brown the other day. We laid them on the grass & used that one cover spray. When we moved them, the outline of the screen doors is still in the lawn. Gave hubby a laugh! Anyway, finishing the palace is another thing we need to do today so we can bring our girls home. I can't wait for fresh laid eggs. Neighbor says every time she hears a loud bird, she has to rush out to her deck to look over in my yard to see if we got the chickens home yet.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2012 :  11:18:43 AM  Show Profile
Patty, welcome back!!! Glad you made it back safe and sound and were able to stop to visit with your son. What wonderful pictures!!! A treasure to keep forever. Hope you get some rest time now.
Thank you all for the prayers and support you give me. My lungs will never get better, between smoking and working with chemicals for years, the took their toll, butt I am doing great by being as active as I possibly can. I love life too much to give up.
I just got done moving things around in the bedroom and cleaning out my closets. The only thing is, I am not readt to go through my clothes yet and get rid of what I do not wear anymore. I think I will just do a little at a time with that job.
More later, have a great day everyone,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2012 :  05:19:17 AM  Show Profile
Good morning, gfs! Well, my last day of work today...yeah! It is kind of overcast today, but it is not supposed to rain until tomorrow...we'll see. Tomorrow is a big day at the 'bluff' (thats't what we call the big town where everyone goes to shop and work mostly) I have to pick up some crafting supplies, groceries, and get my hair permed....of, course a trip to the flea market might be nice, too!

Hope everyone is doing well, that your pain is lessened, that you breath easier, that your gardens are growing, your chickens are laying, and that your hubby finishes hia to-do list!!!!

Love ya's,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2012 :  5:09:10 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

Wow, Jan you are amazing I admire your spirit to live every day as much as you can. New hips and now you say you are looking at a double lung sometime in the future. Your gardens sound wonderful and you are an amazing artist.

Patty I am glad you made it home safely with your fine cargo. I hope you have a wonderful visit for the summer.

Kathy you have probably planted all of your pumpkins by the time I have read your post but I would suggest making a tower of some sort to grow them up. I found a wooden extension ladder at the dump and brought it home to use as a climber for the cukes and beans. The rungs were not broken so I used one section of the ladder to climb up to staple a piece of screen on Ross' bedroom window to keep the bugs out. Then back down it went to the garden to have veggies climb on it.

I really like the clover pictures. I try to take the field pictures but the stunning colors I see in the fields are minimized in the photo. practice practice practice.

Taliesin's team lost their baseball game last Thursday. They were not too upset because his team was young and they were playing mostly 15 yos. they were behind by 15 runs in the sixth inning and then came back with eight runs in the sixth and seventh. the boys who usually pitch were away in DC so two boys who have never pitched did for two innings each. Talie caught for 6 innings and pitched for one. He has a game tomorrow and Tuesday each and then Thursday if it is not rained out.

Ross and I went to see Junie B. Jones at the Barre Opera House on Friday morning. It was a play by a New York Theater group. He liked the show and behaved well. it was his first show. He wants to go again.

I picked up two five frame packages of bees on Friday evening. The apiary is 2 hours from the house. The bees are of good stock and the price is good. I did find a closer place on Thursday but the price is significantly higher. They are rapidly becoming acclimated to their new hive and are busy making honey. Can you imagine being a bee and going to hive in one section of the state and coming out the next morning in an entirely different place. Not the the bees know about states but...

I have an appointment to have the soup roosters done in on Thursday of this week. They are starting to crow so it is time.

It has been a beautiful day here. We were supposed to receive a load of hay today but it was not quite dry so tomorrow it will arrive. it is very nice that the farmer only lives about 5 miles away and delivers the hay in the kicker wagon. We do not have to go to the field and load it onto the pickup truck and then unload it at home. I would rather wait an extra day than burn down my barn with wet fermenting hay.

I hope everyone is well.
Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2012 :  6:49:37 PM  Show Profile
Welcome back, Holly. Sounds like a quite eventful weekend. How wonderful to be able to be involved with your children so much. Is this the first time you have had bees? Do you need to get them every year? Not too many in this area have hives, probably because of the cold weather we have for so long.
Marylyn, sounds like a busy day for you tomorrow. Have fun and hope you find alot of goodies at the flea market.
My garden is doing quite well, I am surprised at how fast it is growing. This is my second year of having a veggie garden after not having one for over 20 years. I am just so happy to be able to get out and plant and watch things grow and to eat fresh veggies is the best. I may be limited to what I can do, but I do have alot of determination and do what I can. We finally had a 75 degree day today, but it was very windy, but that did help keep the humidity down. It is still real windy, but will be nice sleeping with a cool breeze in the bedroom window.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  03:04:19 AM  Show Profile
It does sound like everyone has had a pretty busy last few days.
Janet you are an inspiration to me, too. To see you carry on as you do with health issues that would sideline a lot of people is something to which I can aspire. I, also try to keep the attitude that I am fortunate for what I have despite my setbacks, but you, Thelma, Patty, just about everyone I have met on this forum make me feel very humble. Just another way you gals are so inspiring!!

So, am I the only one who doesn't glamp? For our proposed get together, can we try to find a place that also has a hotel nearby for me, and anyone else who doesn't have the set up for glamping? Also, I would fly in rather than drive the entire way ... Sorry to be a fly in the ointment.

I have a visitor, or two, in my fuschia garden. A few days ago, I was deadheading some flowers and reached way down to cut down a tulip, when I startled myself by finding a nest with nine eggs. Since then, three more eggs have appeared. And the momma or daddy quail is calm enough to stay on the nest when I am in the area. I can't wait for the babies!

Yesterday, I refilled the hummingbird feeder AGAIN - this is pretty much a daily event. Anyway, as I went to set it back on it place of honor ... the corner of the handrail of the porch ... I was trying to see what it would look like if I asked Mike to hang it instead. Just as I got it about shoulder height, the bottom fell off and I took a sugar water shower. That was a bit of a challenge to get cleaned up. Of course, I was lucky that I made it all the way out of the house before I sprung the leak. You can bet that I got the bottom on firmly on the second go around.

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  06:30:38 AM  Show Profile
Our Saturday excursion to the flea market was highly successful! Right off the bat, I came across a large Lennox bowl from the Butterfly Meadows collection - which is my middle daughter's china pattern - $10!! This is the $100 bowl she was drooling over last time we went to Macys together. I also found (wonders of wonders) a used, but still in great condition, denim jacket that actually fits!! I was going to try to make one, but now I don't have to. And as we know, every farm girl needs a good denim jacket. Now I can't wait to glam up my Farm girl Sisterhood Badge with lace, ribbons & buttons!! Jenny scored with a dog watering bowl that holds 2 gallons of water & drops only about an inch at a time. She also go a beautiful coral shirt with sparkle buttons at the neck line. Some brand new wrapping paper for 50 cents a roll. I was holding a hand full of fabric, books & stuff while looking at what was under it all, when the guy running the booth came up and said "How about $1 for everything in your hand?" I figured what did I have to loose & gave him a dollar. I didn't look through the pile until I got home, but I ended up with 2 yards of blue cotton fabric with little red flowers, about 1/2 yard yellow fabric with 1" squares that have angels, flowers & chickens & other stuff, a couple of cross stitch books, a cross stitch pattern for a butterfly book mark and a felt embroidery kit to make a garden angel. Guess I didn't do too bad. Although looking back, I wish I would have gotten the other water bowl thing for the chickens. It probably would work perfectly for them. Now I'll have to buy something new for them to drink out of. It was wonderful to be there with my chapter sisters, Tammy & Carol. The weather was hot, but there was a breeze & lots of shade.

Holly-I planted the pumpkins so they will cover part of the fencing that surrounds my garden & I have enough chicken wire that I will probably add a strip up the side of the wood shed too. Jenny noticed that my marigolds were covered with honey bees yesterday too. I told her that's why I plant so many flowers, was so the bees would come and have pollen to take back to their hive. She is afraid one of the bees will sting her or the dogs.

Janet-It sounds like you are enjoying your garden. It doesn't matter how big or how much.....just to be out in the garden is always good for the soul. I used to have a poem that I had hanging up outside (which now looking back was probably not the best thing to have done with it), that said something like "don't look for me inside doing housework & such....something, something,something, I'm out in the fields with God". Yeah, my memory isn't all that great. But you get the idea. I feel more comfortable talking to God in my garden than any other place.

Marianne-I don't think it would matter if you fly in & stay in a hotel (although most KOA Kampgrounds do have cabins with real beds in them). Just to all be together, roasting marshmallows over an open fire and getting to know each other in person, is what counts. Right?

Well. having MRI with contrast today on my shoulder. They are trying to decide whether or not to do another surgery or to just replace the shoulder all together. Whatever they decide, it'll have to wait until after October, when I have canned or frozen all my veggies & put the garden to bed. I've already had 4 surgeries on my right shoulder. It's just arthritis & the bony gunk that they clean out & scrape away. Sounds worse than it really is. In and out on the same day, then arm in a sling for a couple of weeks, followed by another couple of weeks of physical therapy......then after a couple of months, it starts all over again. BUT - as long as I can plant beans & pull weeds, I'm ok!

Gotta run sisters. Prayers all around.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  07:12:23 AM  Show Profile
Good am Ladies!
It has been a long while since I jumped in on the forums. Much was going on with family and health and I had to step back for awhile. Hope it's ok if I step back in! Will do my best to catch up on things here! There seem to be new faces to me, welcome and I hope to get to know you!

Janet-your posts are a blessing and encouragement to me with my own health issues. I am in an apt with a balcony and each year I attempt whatever little container gardening I can. Mostly herbs....but I enjoy it and enjoy early mornings of coffee or tea on the balcony. Prayers and good thoughts for your health and any surgeries!

Kathy- hope your appt went well. Congrats on the great flea mkt finds! That's awesome!
I want to get back into cross stitch/embroidery. It's been Many a year! I used to love printed cross stitch but that seems hard to find now? I find counted cross stitch a bit confusing.

Marianne- your hummingbird feeder story gave me a chuckle this am! Glad you got thru the 'sugar shower'

Marilyn- have fun on your errands, especially the craft store!! That's always fun!

Holly- my gson in Calif is involved in Little League. My gdaughter in basketball. I have so much fun watching their games when I visit!!
Good luck with the bees. Look forward to hearing how it's going!

Hope all you ladies have a good day today!
It's suppose to storm here (what else in Kansas, lol!!!) but so far it's blue skies and sun!
I'm hoping to get some organizing done in my room today.
Hard to figure out what and where???!!!
Also want to start an easy sewing project this week. Make a hanging burlap herb garden. Found it on Pinterest. A great little small space container garden idea!

Well, will go for now
Blessings,
Linda
www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  07:44:17 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies.... gosh everyone must be busy these days. Page 287 was 6 days worth of post. We have been busy for sure.
I took the girls to pick out a Silkie chicken. They lady we bought them from have show birds so the birds have been handled. The girls LOVE them... I could not have bought them a kitten or puppy and them been happier. I also picked up a pair of Serama chickens. I gave them to my dad so that I could house them there...lol. I want the eggs from them. Seramas are the smallest breed of chickens, weighing only 14 to 20 oz. They are a beautiful little chicken and alot of urbanites like them. I keep promising Dalous that I won't buy anymore chickens. He has given up. We are going to work on building a couple more small coops this week. We have 8 quinea eggs in the hatcher now. I candled them and it looks like only 2 of them are good. We will put 99 quail eggs in the hatcher today. 4 dozen chicken eggs went into the incubator yesterday.

Janet- I HATE cleaning out closets. I have a hard time parting with clothing even if I haven't worn something for 10 years!

Holly- I had honey bees back in the 80's. I loved them. I have looked into getting a hive or two now, but it is not an inexpensive hobby to get back into. Used equipment is harder to come by as well. But what a sense of accomplishment when you harvest all that honey.

Marianne- Oh how I hate filling hummingbird feeders...lol. I always seem to make a sticky mess.

Kathy- It sounds like you did well at the flea market! I love flea markets! But I usually bring way too much home...lol.

Linda- Glad to hear from you again. The burlap herb garden sounds fantastic. I am going to have to look it up on Pinterest.

Well, off to get breakfast for the granddaughters. Have a wonderful, productive day.

Patty #1840

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”

Edited by - thebyrdhaus on Jun 11 2012 07:48:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  09:37:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Just a quick update before I get to my household duties...lol
Got my first review at work today...going to get a raise and I was told that I received the highest marks given by Bi-lo....I was so surprised, I was also told that I need to apply for other jobs in the store so I can rise in the company...what a great ending to a great day....God has really blessed me with great bosses and a great job.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

My blog: http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pgmcgee/#
Go to Top of Page

Marylyn
True Blue Farmgirl

316 Posts

Marylyn
Ellsinore MO
USA
316 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  09:44:31 AM  Show Profile
Yipppeeee!!!! Congratulations, Penny!!!! You go!!!!

Love the pictures, Patty!!! Can't wait to meet all your birds!!!

Hi, Linda! I am new since last you visited. I can't wait to get to know you better!

Saving my pennies for Glamping in 2014!!!!

Gotta run!

Love,

Auntie M
Farmgirl # 4062
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  4:45:03 PM  Show Profile
First - Penny! Your birthday card went into the mail today. It will not make it by tomorrow - but I am thinking of you and wishing you a wonderful day. Also, 12 thumbs up on your promotion ... you are dynamite, honey. I'm not a bit surprised they are moving you along up the corporate ladder. I'm so happy for you.

Larry and I got back from Huntington Beach about 10 last night. Now I am unpacking, catching up with "stuff," etc. etc.

My MIL is 92 going on 100! She will probably outlive my grandchildren! We went out and she bought a new queen, pillow top guest room bed on Saturday. (We've gotten to sleep on metal frame trundle beds all these years.) It will be delivered next Saturday -- in time for my BIL & SIL to enjoy it when they visit her in July. Just the fact that she's still expecting lots of company is an indication that she intends to be around for a long time to come!

Well! I met Nancy, our FarmGirl of the Month! Oh my! She's such a precious little thing! Maybe ... maybe ... five feet tall (might be stretching (pun intended) it at that! She's not too different from what I imagined though. She is adorable! VERY bubbly and sweet and funny. We had lunch at Duke's ... a nice restaurant (Hawaiian style) at the pier. Then we shopped and talked some more! She's probably in the air on her way home as I write. I am so fortunate to have met TWO terrific farmgirls in ONE week! Do I live right, or what?

Marianne, I'm with you in the hotel. These old bones love the comfort of a thick mattress with a potty a few steps away. I know, girls, you are all calling me a princess or some such thing - but you aren't 69 -- gonna be 71 when this shindig happens! We'll all still bond.

Oh, Patty -- I got your text that you made it home just as my phone battery was dying (and we'd forgotten the charger). I'm so glad the rest of the trip was relatively uneventful. I'm dying to know what the girls thought of that delightful book you bought. Now I can't recall the name of it. But I can picture all those dots as if I'm turning the pages.

Tomorrow morning I have to pick up my grandson at SFO. He's coming in from Argentina by way of Lima, Peru. I'm not sure what his plans are - he may even stay here with Eric - but Larry and I are going to Oakhurst Thursday night as we have company coming to stay for a week up there.

Holly, as usual you are my Favorite Fictional Character. Love reading of your adventures and opinions. You can tell those kids of yours that they are my second favorite fictional characters. Your stories are great!

Kathy - thank both you and Jenny for your notes! What a treat to get snail mail! As soon as I can find the little "thing" I have for Jenny, I will get back to her. I can't believe I've misplaced it. (not big - but I think she will find interesting.)

I have read the last few pages and have you all in prayer. I don't dare roll back to see what I should have noted ... but I will go back and think of each of you as I touch on each of those events in your lives.

Have a wonderful week ... and, Penny, again, Happy Birthday! (tomorrow.)

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  7:09:57 PM  Show Profile
Yes, Penny, Happy birthday tomorrow. Hope you have the day off and able to maybe go out for dinner, or what ever you desire. SO proud of you for getting so far with your new job. We all knew you would put in all you had, so happy for you.
Darlys, How lucky and blessed you are to meet 2 farmgirls in one week. You all must be in cloud nine and ready to do that again.
Patty, looks like your grand daughters are enjoying farm life with grandma. I am sure they will have an eventful time on the farm.
Kathy, great flea market finds. I love going to them. I hope you don't need a total shoulder replacement. I had my right shoulder done and it was worse than getting my hip replacements. Praying for a good outcome.
Marianne, How cute to find a nest in your garden. I am sure you are sweet enough and don't need the sugar water to make you sweeter. I imagine it was a sticky mess.
Linda, welcome back. Of course you are welcome. We all seem to be so busy this time of the year, but nice when you can pop in just to let us know how you are doing.
Marylyn, I too am saving my pennies for our glamping trip. Wouldn't it be something if we all could show up and really have a convention, it would have to be a week long to get to meet everyone.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  7:10:02 PM  Show Profile
Linda, Welcome back. I think I am one of the newer ones since you took a break. I have seen many of your posts elsewhere so we really aren't strangers!! I find your burlap herb garden really interesting. I hope you will post a picture when you finish.

Patty, you are right. Your grands look very happy with their new pets. What beautiful hair they all have! I am all excited over 13 quail eggs and you are dealing with 99! Sheesh! I read that they are somewhat difficult to hatch in incubators. You must really know your stuff!

Penny, I think everyone is feeling blessed that you work at Bi-Lo. Congratulations, I think you have quite a future ahead of you.

We really had a lovely day here. Sometimes the sky is such a brilliant blue it hurts to look at it! Love it. I got the end of my dahlias planted and some of the circle garden cleaned up and the white garden deadheaded. Then I threw the yellow lab's absolute favorite thing. Over and over. Finally, she tired and we went and had lunch.

Dh had a slow day because the market was up so nobody wanted to buy chocolate today. So we enjoyed lunch together and he wandered up from his office a number of times to my delight. Tonight we have "big" plans to watch Master Chef. Does anyone else enjoy that show? Last week, someone prepared squirrel for these famous chefs!

Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2012 :  9:04:51 PM  Show Profile

Patty #1840

Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  05:57:24 AM  Show Profile
Hello everyone. I am back from my trip to CA. I had a wonderful time with Darlys on Friday. She is as sweet and charming as we all know she is. What a generous and loving person. I feel so happy to know her. We ate a delicious salad as we sat on the porch of the restaurant overlooking Huntington Beach. We both wore our blue-green hats so we knew each other right away. The dessert we ordered was so decadent. It is called Hula Pie. We shared and believe me it was enough for 4 people. It had whipped cream with Macademea nut ice cream and dark lucious chocolate. Even the plate it was served on was clever. It said Hula Pie on it. We talked and talked of course. She gave me the cutest apron, a monkey sock doll book and some monkey doll fabric. Then we went to the lovliest craft store I was every at. The place had carpet and was so warm and cozy I wanted to buy everything. It was truly a lovely, lovely day.

Penny I don't know if I sent your birthday card or not so today I will be sending you a card. I hope you have a wonderful birthday. I am so happy for you and your work. How great!

I am so far behind on what is happening since I have been gone. I have been reading about all the gardening with the flowers and veggies.

Patty the pictures are delightful. Your Gdaughters looks so cute holding the birds. I like the one of your DH too. I have never held a chicken and they look so soft.

Linda so good to hear from you.

Janet I am praying for you. Having health problems is so draining. I dislike the doctor visits and all the testing.

Kathy you certainly found so wonderful things at the flea market. Isn't it exciting when you get good buys and then come home and see all the things you got? I love the feeling. While I was in CA I went to a shell shop and bought some sea glass and some shells. I was so pleased when I got home last night and unwraped them.

Marianne, I love reading about all the plants and flowers you have at your house.

I am praying for all of you especially those in pain and with health issues.

I feel kind of out of the loop today after not reading the posts for a week. The 3 hour difference of east and west coast time makes me feel like I am in la-la land. My DD and the GDs are all vegetarian and vegan. I have had so much "soy" food in the last few days I feel like a soybean. I was able to go with my youngest GD to the Museum of Tolerance in Los Angeles. It was an awesome experience and so moving. We listened intently for an hour from one of the Holicost (spelling?). I had tears rolling down my checks after hearing of what she went through. It was wonderful.
Holly I am always so glad to hear about the fun you have with your kids. How alive it must be at your house with all the goings and comings with them. Hope everything goes well with the bees. When I hear about the bee problem I am glad to see bees. They are such an important part of our lives.

Marilyn I am saving my pennies for 2014, too. Won't it be fun to get together? Meeting up with Darlys was so great. She is the best.

Darlys, I thank you so much for everything. I will post picutes of my gifts as soon as I can. I am glad you had a good trip and I, too, am unpacking. I have a huge laundry to do and then there is the putting away of all the stuff one has to take when traveling. I will get back into the swing of things this week and be back here as usual. I had so much fun with you. I wish we lived closer then we could go to lunch all the time and have lots of laughs. I know you will have a wonderful time with your Gson. And also have fun with your company up in Oakhurst. I know they will have a good time with you and Larry. You are so fortunate to have met two of us girls in one week. I am excited when more of us can get together.

Hugs,

Nancy

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  09:21:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes...and NANCY you sent me a card, I thanked you on FB but forgot to thank you here...so sorry

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

My blog: http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pgmcgee/#
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  11:38:31 AM  Show Profile
Can you see this?
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  12:48:05 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon all!
Will try and check in later to chat more, just wanted to say a quick hello and hope everyone's day is going well.

Penny......Happy Birthday!!!!! Hope you are enjoying a great day!

Blessings,
Linda
www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com Repurposing...what have you done lately? 
 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10
   11  12  13  14  15  16  17
texdane 246 14944 Jun 04 2012  10:23:24 AM
by: Kelly Diane  

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  12:53:02 PM  Show Profile
Ladies?!!!
That was my post sent above!!!!
NO idea what happened with the signature sign off? Not me and no idea where that came from! It's as tho the forum combined myself and another's girls post together?!! Very weird!

Ok, will check in later!
Hugs, linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  2:16:47 PM  Show Profile
Penny, I sure hope you have a wonderful day. It is special to be the birthday girl and I hope you are treated divinely!
marianne
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  5:05:19 PM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday, Penny!

Thelma, I have pretty yeller flaars jist like yers! I fact I do believe that was our bumper crop this year!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2012 :  6:02:06 PM  Show Profile
Like the picture, Thelma. It was cool today, only 60 degrees and windy. We are in a frost advisery for this evening. We are not safe from frost until Father's Day, so it makes for a short growing season. Good for pumpkins, potatoes and corn though.
Not much going on around here lately, been knitting dish cloths and doing laundry. I made beef stew with all frsh veggies for supper, and an Amish apple coffee cake, which is so good.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2012 :  04:07:15 AM  Show Profile
Thelma - what beautiful flowers you have. Somebody said (Walt Whitman maybe), that weeds are just un-appreciated plants until somebody finds a reason for their existence. I love my dandys. I watch them grow until one morning I get up and they're all gone. Then I know the bunnies are still around. So, see! Not weeds to me! Also, my neighbor asked me if I'd like him to spray my lawn when he sprays his to get rid of the clover! Imagine that. Somebody not wanting clover in their lawn. Last year when I spread seed, I made it 75% clover because I wanted to be part of the bee solution and I told him so. He gave me the strangest look and went away shaking his head. Don't care. I get to see all those fat fuzzy honey bees buzzing from clover head to clover head in the morning. Someday I'll take a picture of the bench that Jenny painted pink last year and what it looks like today. I don't care. I love sitting there in the AM, watching the bees and birds. Neighbors walking their dogs and people going to work. Now that school is out, mornings are even more quiet.

Well, gotta go. MRI shoulder this morning followed by 2nd cake decorating class at Michaels.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page