jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  1:32:46 PM  Show Profile
It just will not let me upload the picture. I guess I will have to write out the recipe later for all you gals.I tried everything from scanning it to take a picture and trying to upload that was with no results.Back later,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  4:54:50 PM  Show Profile
Good evening,

Thank you everyone for the nice thoughts for me being nominated FGOTM for April. Sometimes I sit up here on the hill and wonder if anyone notices that I do anything. You all are great for my ego and self esteem.

I have the Stocking Up book already. I use it to tell me the blanching times for vegetables. It also has a section on soft cheeses that I used to make cottage cheese. years ago I made it with no rennet and then forgot when I didn't have a milking cow for a while. After I bought Coco I looked frantically for the recipe and found it in there.

I also have a book called Putting Foods By which is a nice book that is a little more up to date, published in the last few years. I use it sometimes. I have a book on just root cellars as well but I do not remember the name of it. Can you tell what type of books people give to me on the gift occasions? The building books I like to read and then figure out what I want to do and take some of their techniques and make my structure. The putting foods by books you really should read the directions and follow them. Food poisoning is such a nasty time. I thought if I could arrange for a bit of a stream to go through the bottom it might keep the temperature more consistent. I was also trying to figure out how to make part of it a cheese cellar so I could make hard cheese and age it. there is something about the bacteria the cheese needs to age and preserving food that do not mix well.

Debbie it is nice to see you drop in. I am more than a bit jealous that you are going traveling to meet other farm girls. I hope you have a great time.
Yes, you did the story part right. Each day you should tell me how much time you moved. It is not hard core walking but moving. I add up the total number of hours and multiply by three for three miles per hour and then figure out where our next stop should be. I post a link for the vicinity and our imaginations take flight. We are not faint of heart or mind so be wild.

The day started out close to 20 and warmed up to t shirt weather by supper time. My partner took Talie to his baseball practice for 8AM. Kethry (15) went along for the ride and shopping and Ross(4) went so I could get some thing done with out having to let him help. I made yogurt and bread. Mostly a waiting game once they are set up. Laundry the forever pile of laundry and made breakfasts for the ones left behind.

A neighbor of ours Madeline Bador turned 100 today. Her family had a party for her down at the elementary school. It was good to see so many people in a happy setting for the afternoon. She is a wonderful woman who is an amazing naturalist. Up until she was 97 or so she still walked in the woods. For her 95th birthday she took her self for a walk in the woods. It was getting dark and her son became worried, he took his four wheeler and went looking for her. She was madder'n a wet hen. He said what if you died out there. She said what if I had. I enjoy walking in the woods more than anything else. What if I had. He just shook his head and smiled. She knows all of the plants and there uses. I send milk down to her each week. It does not matter that it is whole milk and lots of cream on top she says, I am old.

I planted horseradish today in a small raised bed. We had some in the past but the animals ate the tops and they died so now it is in a place that the animals can not get too.

I moved five hours today between chores and the party.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  5:35:19 PM  Show Profile
Virtual Tour

I am so glad Dianne was with me to shoot that wild pig. I have not shot a gun for real since we used my father's 12 gauge shot gun to shoot cans when I was about ten. The kick knocked me over backwards. Both my dad and my younger brother said, you have to hold it to your shoulder and then it won't kick so much. I am glad I did not need to dress it out. Nancy did a great job with her kitchen crew. I am stuffed so there will be no hi jinks for me until the food settles. So, watch out for midnight I will be raring to go.

I am so glad I did not get blamed for tipping the hammock last night. Marianne and kathryn are such sound sleepers. I sure am glad the grass was soft. teehee

I am glad we finished the wood in one day gives me a day to stretch and use Kathryn's yoga tapes to ease my poor aching back. Last year wonderful Kethry was complaining about having to do wood. She said alls you do is stand there and move the saw up and down. I laughed. She said we do all of the lifting and putting in the wagon.

I have not ridden a horse in a while. I am glad they have wide backs. harder for me to fall off. I am glad that Miz was kind to me and led the horse around the pasture slowly. The horses were so good to allow a total stranger to handle them. Penny that race across the pasture was breath taking. Who was riding behind you with her skirts flying? I think the other horse may have had a jump start but you did splendidly keeping up.

Tomorrow is Sunday. is it possible we could relax?

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  6:08:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Oh yes we can rest Holly, I'm tired too...but look what Janet got today, I'm so glad because these things carry so many diseases...

I can't tell if I got a very good pic, but did you girls see that heat lighting off in the distance, it is one of my favorite things to watch, I wish I had a better camera...but

A pic of the garden, thank you all for the work you put in today

Last two pics are of the room we stayed in...but not bunk area...and the bed I shared with two of you, just not sure what two...giggle

So who wants to go into Washington, Ga tomorrow...or do we want to go fishing at the pond...???

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

My blog: http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pgmcgee/#

Edited by - Acelady02 on Mar 31 2012 6:11:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  6:13:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Dang forgot to show what color ya'll chose for me...thanks for doing my hair

And outside it is really, really, red, but I'm sure it will fade quickly, it always does...I've never had it this red before

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

My blog: http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pgmcgee/#
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2012 :  12:38:36 AM  Show Profile
Virtual Trip
whew! What a day. Everyone should sleep well tonight. Full tummys, tired bones. No hammock for me tonight. I will be happy on the floor in the bunkroom!

Whiile the fg who are great cooks took care of dressing and roasting the pig and preparing all the wonderful sides, a few of us who wanted to play beautician took Penny's hair to a new color. Everyone agrees the new red is PERFECT. Especially in the sun. What fun.

Sunday is a rest day. Feet up while we can ... we are leaving early Monday morning according to Holly.

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2012 :  12:58:22 AM  Show Profile
Virtual Trip

Well, what a mystery we were faced with this morning. Where was Kathy? She was here last night giving Darlys some tips about how to keep her gloves clean and white, but now POOF! gone.

Bunny said when she got up at 3am she heard kathy on her cell talking excitedly about numbers. And Kathryn said she had a "dream" that she saw Kathy packing in the middle of the night.

Nancy found the note that said kathy was going home for a bit, but that we should all think of one thing we would wish for if we could buy anything...Curious!

That got us all talking at once. Thelma was the first to say she knew she would want the camera she has been admiring. Bunny knew she would LOVE never worrying about the cost of school books again. Darlys was spending all her time trying to figure out why Kathy would want us to think about "things." Nancy was having a hard time deciding what was most important to her and this led to what turned out to be a heated discussion amongst us all over what "things" were most important.

One thing led to another and all of a sudden voices were being raised and we almost missed Jim telling Penny that there was a call on their house phone for her.

Glenda was on the phone to tell us the reason Kathy was missing...and why we were all going to have a bit of MAD money ... I'll give you a hint: It was MEGA exciting new$!

Marianne

Check today's date gf's

Edited by - rough start farmgirl on Apr 01 2012 12:59:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2012 :  01:07:25 AM  Show Profile
Aww... back to our reality virtuality!

April's Fool! No Mega Millions winner for us! At least I don't think so.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2012 :  4:16:19 PM  Show Profile
Good evening
Penny that is a fabulous hair color . You and Darlys are far more daring than I am. I think the children would plotts themselves. That might be fun. Penny I would like to tell you that you have a great smile.

We do not have armodilloes up here. I think they are fascinating genetically that all of the babies in a litter have identical DNA. I hear there are oppossums in the southern part of Vermont but I have never seen one. Not even a carcass.

We bought tickets for the mega millions. I believe that we did not win. But, it was again fun to imagine what we could do with that kind of money.

It is interesting to me that some of your posts read 12 AM. Then I had to think why would any of you be up that late but the posts are MST so reallly you are in bed much earlier.

I think I grudgingly moved an hour all day. I have the remnants of a nasty cold and spent as much of the afternoon in bed asleep or reading.

Virtual Tour

Tomorrow morning we will leave Penny's to go west As a group since we arrived at Penny's we have logged 26 hours which puts us at 78 miles. I was thinking we could walk west to Stone Mountain and then spend the night nearby. Tuesday we will spend the day touring Atlanta. I think that is a very short time to spend there so I am open to suggestions. On Wednesday we will head north to Debra's house. I believe she does not have a clue we are in her neck of the woods so we will need to pick up lunch for a picnic on the way. Wednesday afternoon we will continue north to Tennessee I think. Which do think will be more exciteg, Tennessee or North Carolina?

I liked walking around Washington. I think all of the residents of the town will be looking at Penny in a new light from now on. I like to go fishing. It is so peaceful. I know how to clean a bass. We lived beside a state fish growing pond when we were little. The state put them in as fingerlings in the spring and then drained the pond in the fall to get the fish out to trade to other states for turkey and I do not know what else.

I am sure glad I had the opportunity to meet Jim. He is a great guy with a wonderful sense of humor and a great smile.

Sweet dreams my brain is half asleep so even if it is early I am going night night.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2012 :  4:37:24 PM  Show Profile
Holly,

So sorry to hear you are under the weather. And that you didn't win the mega millions EITHER! I bet you will be raring to go Monday morning after a good night's sleep.

My posts are often at odd hours because I don't sleep very well due to back and hip pain. I sometimes feel better sitting in the LaZBoy or stretching out on the sofa for a few minutes. And I try not to wake my husband as much as possible. But, I am often in and out of bed a couple times each night. And that makes MJF even more important to me. No more pacing, I have farmgirls waiting to hear from me, bless their hearts!
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2012 :  5:09:54 PM  Show Profile
Virtual Tour: Penny's hair turned out really well. I was so sure it would be a lot more orange. Good thing we all had gloves or our hands would have been so funny looking. Anyway, all that pork, what a 'pig' out we had! I slept like a baby last night. No, I didn't win that lottery. I don't do gambling games - except for the occasional Bingo. With so many hands it made short work of all that wood. And it was fun singing those old songs while pulling weeds & hoeing. "I've been working on the railroad", "My Darling Clementine", "Pack all your troubles in your old kit bag"......but just who was trying to sing opera? Anyway - I'm all for a down day. We've been really busy lately. A little fishing might be nice. Fish and fried potatoes for breakfast. Not sure how many of us might be getting up early enough to catch many fish. Good thing we have lots of 'bacon' left.

Put me down for 3 hours today. Helped daughter in her garden today while my husband helped son in law fix their dryer. Heating element burned out. I keep telling her she ought to put up clothes lines, but she says living in middle of nowhere is nice, but all the bugs and spiders find her clothes hanging outside and hide in her clothes and she doesn't want any more critters in her house. She has a huge problem with mice. I helped her set over a dozen traps and she only caught 1. Tried with all kinds of yummies, but strangly enough, mouse went for the dog food trap. Mind you, all the other traps had horrible stuff in them like, peanut butter, bread, candy.......dog food. Go figure.
So, that's it for tonight. Going to bed early tonight. All worn out.

Hugs and squishes!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2012 :  7:04:54 PM  Show Profile
Good evening, I guess my hunting armadillas worked, got the critter!!!!! I am all in for a day of fishing. As long as it is not catfish. Their whiskers are too long, gives me the creeps. I will be glad when I can get back into my prairie clothes. Thay are not so tight like the ball gowns we were wearing. Penny, you are a very pretty lady and your hair color fits you well.
Holly, get well soon.
Put me down for 2 hours yesterday, and 6 hours today. It took us 6 hours to get up our shen in a box that we bought. It had so many parts, and not very good insructions, like putting a child's toy together on Christmas eve!!! Good thing we had leftovers for supper because I was tired and sore after 6 hours of bending and stretching.
Looks like we all need to get a good night's sleep tonight, a long walk bright and early in the morning.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2012 :  7:10:37 PM  Show Profile
Well Hello ladies!

I finally finished reading the last 8 pages and thought I'd better put in my two cents before another eight!

Congratulations Holly!!! The moment I read Darlys saying she was picking the April FG I knew it was Holly for all the reasons she said. I don't know how you do it all in real life and still make time for us! You make us all proud!

Glenda I am so happy to hear you are home. Healing at home is always better and it doesn't matter that you have dust bunnies or weeds, you're home girl! With all that the Dr. did inside you, you had better rest for a few weeks, WOW!

Thelma, I'd go with carpet in the basement, it will make it warmer if you plan on using it for relaxing. Are you thinking a family room down there? My brother re-did my parents basement and it's beautiful, with carpet. They purchased carpet and the best padding under it so it would be warm and easy on the feet. The great-grandkids sleep down there now and love it! They live down there when they visit them actually!

Welcome Linda and Suzy too! Always great to have new FG with us!. I wrote down all the girls names in here a while ago and so far found 30 of us! So forgive me if I don't remember everything I wanted to comment on, I didn't use the sticky notes tonight. Someone asked about them. Go to your Windows start button on the bottom left (assuming you have windows) and when you click it, you will see "Sticky Notes". It comes up and allows you to put your thoughts in it while reading something else. Then when you are done just copy it into your message here.

Patty, I love the coup and the patio but you have got to be careful! A ruptured disc is not something to take lightly, although I have to agree it is better to be up then down much of the time. I find vacumming, sweeping, and walking on cement are the worst. If you have a recliner you may want to try it to sit in. My DH was able to borrow one that lifts you up and out when he had his back surgery. He practically lived in it.

You neighbor sounds like a very wise woman Holly. Wish her a Happy Belated Birthday from me and tell her she should be an honorary FG! I hope I'm still walking in my woods at 95!

Put me down for 14 hours for the last three days. I've been busy cleaning my office (6 1/2 hours just to get to where I can now go through stuff and "clean out" stuff, lol), my house, and helping get the plastic on my cold storage/raised bed my DH made me this weekend so I can start seeds out there. We only have one really good window in the house to put all the seeds/plants in for sun and it's the livingroom window we like looking out! So, he made me this which is 10' by 4'. Should hold a lot of seedlings :)

Someone mentioned swapping a yard of fabric and I must say, that's a great idea and I don't sew much. Let me know if you decide to do it.

Rest is what I needed today. I read most of the day, took a nap, and went grocery shopping. I decided a long time ago that everyone should have a three day weekend. Monday is way to soon for me!

Sweet dreams everyone!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com
www.etsy.com/shop/cybertiques

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2012 :  7:43:09 PM  Show Profile
Virtual Tour

It has been mighty fine being here at Penny and Jim's farm. Jim is the sweetest guy for allowing all of us to bunk here! The bunk room sure is big, but I took my chances of rain and decided to sleep under the stars. In that beautiful field how could you not want to lay there all night! And I loved that hog but I had to pass on the rabbits being my "dog" at home is one.

I also loved seeing all of Penny's crafts and those little purses are just what we each need to go with our gowns. Any chance she will stay up all night and make us each one?

I'm definitely up for fishing, but I too have no desire to catch a catfish. What other fish do they have in GA?

Well, I'm off to bed, I'm exhausted but full and having the time of my life!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2012 :  05:47:05 AM  Show Profile
Well I am all rested. Good morning ladies.

Ginny I like your covered raised bed. Somehow it sort of reminds me of a covered wagon. I like the size and agree that you will be able to have a lot of seedlings there. Looks great.

Holly, hope you are feeling better today. Don't let that cold hang on so take it easy.

Janet how did you get that armadillo? I nearly hit one while I was driving the tractor. Those little critters are hard to see. Darn thing barely ran off. We have lots of them here in Florida. Fishing sounds good to me. I am up for any find as long as I don't have to clean them.

Kathy thank goodness your singing was on key. You knew all the words to those songs so I am glad I was next to you. I tend to get a little pitchy as they say on American Idol. We all did sound good didn't we? There should be enough wood now to keep the old wood stove going for a while.

Penny first of all, I love your hair color. It is just like mine used to be. Now I have it less red although my DH likes it like yours. Thank you for letting me ride on the tractor around your place. It was one of my wishes come true. Sleeping on the cots provided me perfect sleep although last night someone was snoring. I don't know who. Someone else was talking in their sleep an saying, " I won, I won." They must have been dreaming about the lottery.
Your Jim was so gracious and your home is delightful. The homemade breads made our dinner absolutely fabulous. I was so glad to see all the things you have been making. And thank you loads for the gown. It fit perfectly and with the hat, and fan I looked really nice.

Holly you can put me down for 3 hours moving yesterday I did yard work, cleaning our shelves and played with the dog.

Well I am off to meet my 4th dr. today. This one is a holistic dr. in Neptune Beach about 45 minutes from my house. Hopefully, I will be able to get off my high blood pressure meds and finally have a dr. here in Florida. It took me 3 tries to get a dentist. Now, now I am not picky I just want someone who cares. We all deserve someone who cares.

Hugs and squeezies to you all, gfs

Nancy xoxox

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2012 :  06:06:16 AM  Show Profile
oh my, you girls are having way too much fun on your virtual tour! I love the color of penny's hair and the gowns were just exceptional. made me wish that i had joined in on the fun.
its been a while since i posted. i got the back yard mowed way back then but it took me a couple of days. God is so good though, just when i thought i would have to do it again, my next door neighbor came over and did the front and the back. i was so excited and happy about that.
have still been canning just to learn how to do it. made a mistake with the pressure canner and put in to much water and it took forever to start "jiggling". when i finally took it off the stove and opened it up, the bottom 1/3 of the canner was black. the beans turned out ok but i need to pay closer attention to the directions.
this week would have marked my dh's 57th birthday. we always did it up big for the birthdays and i thought i would go to the movies (something i haven't done in the almost 2 years he has been gone) but when i started getting ready to go, i got really sick to my stomach and decided against it. laid down and took a nap instead. my knee/leg is doing much better and hopefully i will be wearing heels (small) soon! am so tired of tennis shoes.
oh! congrats Holly on fgotm!
hugs to all and you all be careful on that tour!
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6448 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6448 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2012 :  06:18:22 AM  Show Profile
Winter has arrived here in the mountains of Colorado (again), gotta love living here. Yesterday it was in the lower 70's and today it will be in the 30's, with rain, snow and the wind whew, it can blow you away.
If y'all are ever in my neck of the woods my door is always open, you can help me keep the bear away. Holly bring the kiddos I would love to meet them, feel I know them all already through your letters.
Stay warm everyone, I am going to build a fire in the wood stove, it has been a couple of weeks. Nothing like the smell of a wood fire.
Hugs,
Debbie

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2012 :  11:31:11 AM  Show Profile
VIRTUAL TOUR

Thank you so much, Penny for all your hospitality this weekend and be sure to thank your dear hubby too. Although, I think he had as much fun as we did. Every time I saw him, even when he was by himself, he had a huge grin on his face.

I had fun driving your tractor around. I've never even been on one before, so getting to drive it as well…wow, that was great. It didn't take me long to get the hang of it, though, again, I truly am sorry about that little shed that I ran over. The new one looks great, though, doesn't it?

That pig did smell good, but I really hope you weren't offended that I didn't partake. There was a ton of yummy food, though, so I did not lack for sustenance, that's for sure. We have so many great cooks in our group.

Holly… it was not that I mind sharing, exactly, but I mostly share with my friends and that giant reptile was a complete stranger, and of course, I am rather attached to my behind; I'd like to keep it where it is, thank you very much.

Oh, I was so glad I checked the dresses and that they all had a really good sized hem on them, so it was easy to let one down for you and it was beautiful on you too.

Marianne, I just have to say, that I have never slept with another person that was quite as comfortable as you are… That hammock was, surprisingly, easy to sleep in until, SOMEONE dumped us out. Okay, the first couple times it was just us, but once we got situated we were fine…until… That was quite the sneak attack…Holly…? I am not usually a sound sleeper, so on this one occasion when I was, the ground came as quite the shock. *ooof*

You are so welcome for the dress, Dianne, and the hunk and the purple dress were mine, but I didn't mind sharing…He was a pretty face, but not enough going on in the way of FG smarts, so to speak. He was all show and no substance. *heavy sigh* OOOO! Where did HE come from? Love that long, dark hair and the short cropped whiskers…and blue eyes, too. Yum!

Ooops. So sorry, Kathy, I thought I was far enough away, that my opera score couldn't be heard; sound sure does carry out in the wide open spaces, doesn't it?

FGOTM, where are we? Are we lost?

It takes me so long to catch up with you girls on Mondays…lol

Holly, Put me down for 4 hours of dancing and playing with the granddaughters on Saturday. Only 30 minutes yesterday, though, I was wiped out form playing on Saturday and not sleeping that night.

Storms are coming in this afternoon into the night, and boy, do I feel it! It was in the upper eighties-low nineties for the weekend…

Welcome to all the newbies; hanging out with us can be entertaining and uplifting. We're always here to hold you up when you can't hold yourself up and we're always good for a hug too, when you need one.

Glenda! I'm so glad you're back! Been thinking about you, so much. I have a little package for you but didn't know where to send it…now I can send it, so be watching for it.

I love that covered bed, Ginny. I want one…only much higher. Nancy is right; the first thing I thought of was a covered wagon, as well.

Nancy, I hope the holistic doctor is a good one; get you to feeling better, you know? I wish we could all go to a homeopathic doctor; it is so worth it. More often than not, they can get you better without side effects or surgeries. Surgery should be the last resort, not the first, and in many cases, these days, it’s the first option they turn to. Sorry, I won't let myself get wound up, I promise

If I missed some one, please forgive me. I don't want to bore you all with my catch up novel. Have a great day, all.

If there is a will, there's a way; find your way!

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2012 :  12:33:57 PM  Show Profile
It was freezing when I took Lily dog out this morning and now it is the next thing to hot! The wind is awful. I hope it doesn't cut what's growing to ribbons.

It is 2:30 and i want to walk a little ways down the road and back, but I am afraid that the wind will wear me out. I did get a report back from one of my doctors. Written reports are hard for me to comprehend, but I think I am being told that my blood cells and platelets (both red and white) are out of wack because my spleen isn't doing its job or blood is pooling there - what ever. I am thinking that people can live without a spleen. I am going in to see me reg doctor and have him explain things to me.

I'm sorry I missed our virtual weekend with Penny and her guy. Sounds like you ate well and had plenty to do.

the carpenters are driving me crazy - giggle - OK I'm driving myself crazy! giggle I can't stay out of the basement and I know that I just get in their way. Seems like every time I try to talk with them they are running numbers through their heads and I get the look. The ceiling is lower than the windows and they are trying to get as much window light into the basement as possible. Darwin has now banned me from the basement - ouch!!!!!!!

I guess I had better move outside and find an easy job to do. I asked hubby to help me load a few old bricks so I can finish a garden path I didn't get done last year.

Taa taa. Don't forget that Linda from Wichita, KS has a birthday on the 4th. You newbees be sure that you get your birthdays and addresses to us so you can get in on the sister chick lovin
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2012 :  12:46:33 PM  Show Profile
Hello girlfriends. I might actually catch up with you gals yet. I walked all over my place this morning, about an hour total maybe, but I stopped a lot and took some pics of my place with all the pretty flowers blooming. I will see if there are any good enough to post. I rested for quite a while and then finished unpacking and that took another hour of walking around all over the house putting things away. Then I made 3 birthday cards to try to catch up and that was walking too because every time I sat down there was something I needed to get up and go find, sissors, glue, etc. Then I loaded the dishwasher and that wasn't walking but was a little motion. So slowly but surely I am getting back to normal. I think I had a good 2 hours or so of motion today. I certainly have enjoyed all your funny gals' commentaries on the trip, etc. I still think we have a novel here, maybe even a movie. Maybe we should all dye our hair red.

Glenda #3534
http://www.gypsyglenda.com
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2012 :  2:38:50 PM  Show Profile
Glenda, I am so glad you are getting around and enjoying your own place again. I tried to do a photo shoot this a.m. but it was just to windy. What kind of flowers are blooming for you right now. I have flower beds, but I think you have fields, hills, and valleys. I wish I could see everything for myself.
I worked outside for about an hour this afternoon before I wore out. Tried to move some bricks around to finish a makeshift path in a flower bed. I have such a wonderful husband who came and rescued me. I'll work at it a little every day until it's done.

I am so glad that we have so many newbies on our sight. I want to give each and every one of you a very big smile as say 'how do' to ya all! We have so much fun here and the encouragement is awsome.
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2012 :  2:47:59 PM  Show Profile
Do, but don't over do, Thelma, please. I know, we get excited about doing something we love and forget ourselves and do too much. Take it easy.

The same goes for you, Glenda. Pictures and a little bit of this and that, but watch yourself, okay. We need you, my friend, and we don't want to see you have any more physical trouble.

Squashes and hugs!

Kathryn

If there is a will, there's a way; find your way!

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2012 :  4:16:46 PM  Show Profile
Good Evening Southern Belles,

I only moved about 1 hour today. After work I brought a friend from work over to show her around the woods, chickens, my covered wagon, *giggle*, and my house. She started to work for the County in February and we have found a lot of common interests so it's nice to have another female friend.

I have to say, my "covered wagon" looks like that to me too! Guess I will have to find some wheels and a horse. But one side will come up easily to get in and out and let air in if we ever have warm weather. Today we had rain, snow, and hail, all in about a two hour time frame. Now the sun is setting and it looks like it will be a star filled evening. I just wonder when I can start putting seedlings in there? Does anyone know when a hot house is finally warm enough to put seedlings in it? I am not putting them into the ground, just setting them inside in those pellets.

Speaking of covered wagons, I saw just the other day a picture of me as a child on a wagon in our backyard. My grand-mother was born in a covered wagon (the one I'm on in the pic) and we had it in the family until I was about 10. It was the wagon her grandparents had come across the US in from New York to Minnesota when they immigrated from Sweden. My great-grandmother and great-grandfather used it to live in while he built my great-grandmother a home and she gave birth to my grandmother in it. Hope that makes sense to you.

I've been making up tea bags with my herbs and must finish painting something I am making to hang my aprons on. Will show you all when it's done. And since the DH is at Masons I have a few hours to enjoy alone so I'll say Good night and sweet dreams and get my projects done!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

Edited by - Oggie on Apr 02 2012 4:19:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2012 :  4:51:00 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I like reading your posts Marianne. I try not to be up all hours of the night but I have my kindle now so I can read myself back to sleep. I think I need to go see a chiropractor or a good masseuse because I can not find a comfortable position for my head anymore.

I have put together one shed in a box years ago thinking it would be quick. not a chance. The directions were impossible. You did great to have it done in one day.

Janiee I was just going to ask if anyone had seen you. Anniversaries are soooo hard. Plant a bush for him. Then each time you water it think a good memory. I have been thinking of canning with a pressure cooker. I have one that is big enough I think. I have been terribly afraid of an explosion. My brother thinks I should just suck it up and give it a try. He uses one on a regular basis to cook his meals. Maybe this summer. Janiee and Patty both are giving me courage.

Maybe it is Linda who won part of the mega millions since Kathy did not. A friend from Maryland told me three winners. Maryland, Kansas and she could not remember the third. We bought two tickets and won three dollars. I do not know if it was from one ticket or what. Cheri said we could live on 4 million so she bought some more tickets.

Glenda- I put you down for 2 hours. It is moving remember doesn't matter how consecutive it is or what kind of motion. I am glad you could be out to take pictures. It is one of my favorite relaxing things to do. I really like to take pictures of flowers. I am trying to do birds as well. They are much harder for me to get in flight.

Ginny, I told Kethry (15) about you filling your own teabags when they arrived for my birthday and she said Cool which from her is a high compliment. She wanted to know where you get the bags. We have spearmint, some wormwood and I do not even know if that is good for tea. We will look in the book when the time is right. We are going to plant some more herbs. She is interested I am going to quietly encourage.

I am feeling better but I did not eat enough over the weekend and woke up this morning very hungry. I had to eat gently and am now feeling much better. If tomorrow is as lovely as today I will be outside working.

The certified teacher came to check the children's work to see if they are making progress, last Tuesday. She can check anytime after March first through the last day of August. Although the home school year officially ends July first and work after that date counts for the next year. Some people are disorganized and then try to play catch up in the summer and get caught because the teacher will not credit their progress with work after July. There are three ways we can report our work. We can make a portfolio of the work usually taking pieces from each subject from the beginning, middle and end of the year with dates on the top, or you can have a state licensed teacher come and talk to the children and look at their work or you can have the children take a standardized test. I have done portfolios and it would take me about five hours to prepare for each child. So, a woman had her name up in the library to do home school reports and I called her. She has been doing ours for seven years of so and while the children are very nervous to have her come she makes them feel good and smart and creative they are very glad when she is done. We still need to finish what ever they are working on but now I do not have a deadline. So, if I want to go work in the garden or build I can without feeling like I am not helping the children meet a time table.

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2012 :  5:40:51 PM  Show Profile
Virtual Tour

So, we made it to Stone Mountain. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_Mountain It sure is an impressive piece of granite. I think the gondola ride supervisor was not impressed with Dianne and Ginny tossing donuts back and forth to each other while the ride was going to the top of the mountain. I was a little scared when Marianne and Kathryn were climbing onto the top of the cars and playing dare you.... http://www.stonemountainpark.com/default.aspx

Rappelling down the side of the mountain was reminiscent of Rio and I sure was glad that Darlys had practiced in Rio. She sure did push out far from the mountain to slide down. It was good she was in tandem with Debbie who had not had the practice in Rio and darn near plotsed herself she was so excited. Maybe it will open up a new sport for her back in Colorado. I hear they have reeeaaaallllyyyy high cliffs there.

Glenda flew in for a short visit this afternoon. She stood at the bottom of the mountain making movies of our gorgeous bodies coming down the rappel lines. I was sad to see her have to leave before supper to get back and rest but it was sure nice to see her up and about.

It was 80 degrees on top of the mountain today. I am glad we changed out of our dresses to go to the top. I wonder if the women in the olden days when it was hot wore under their long dresses what men wear under their kilts.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page