Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  6:38:53 PM  Show Profile
WOW are you all impressed with my learning curve? Look at those nice small photos up above. Maybe I will get the knack of this yet.

hugs,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  6:51:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Holly, I only raised 2 children, the other 3 are Jim's, but I claim them all....and ummmmm no twins....my two are boys and they are 37 and 32 Jim's are 34 boy, 32 girl, and 29 boy....sorry if I confused ya...lol

Wow Glenda, you have been through alot, but so glad you are on the mend....I know it has to be nice being home....so glad you were so well taken care of tho....

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

My blog: http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pgmcgee/#

Edited by - Acelady02 on Mar 30 2012 6:58:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  6:52:34 PM  Show Profile
Virtual Tour,

I am so relieved to have arrived at Penny's tonight. What a long trek in from Savannah. I am very impressed with how well the fabric of those dresses held up during the rain storm and the short cut through the swamp. Runnning across the backs of those gators was a trick and I must say I am very impressed with how nimble footed all of us old ladies are. We made it across with only one lost slipper and no lost feet.

Kathryn I think hitting that ole croc on the nose with your parasol might just have been a little over the top he just wanted a nip off your behind as you ran by. No sharing? lol

Penny are you relieved to be home and to see that the house is still standing after so many weeks away? I thought your dh looked particularly relieved to see you after hearing the gossip that preceded us to your home. the jail escapade, the cemetary escapade, being run out of Savannah..... I bet the town of Washington will hold a special welcoming parade for us on Sunday knowing we will leave bright and early Monday morning. that is if we can move at all..... how many cord of wood do you need put in this weekend? Are the black flies or mosquitoes out yet? I will not knock down a tree near any rattlesnakes or water mocassins.

Thank you for calling a head and ordering dinner for us to be delivered. I know that around here no one delivers to this neck of the woods. It must be the fine southern hospitality.

See you all tomorrow. Rest up now, yah heah.

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  6:59:41 PM  Show Profile
Hello again.

OK Penny, I guess it is Patty that has twins. I am glad you claim Jim's children as yours. My father remarried after my mother died and his wife never claimed any of his children or had anything to do with any of us unless it shined praise on her. I am glad your whole family is a family and not a mine and his.

thank you for the birthday list reminder.

hugs

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  7:33:31 PM  Show Profile
Congrats Holly!!! Darlys picked the right one for April, that is for sure. Enjoy wearing the crown. We had snow here, and it snowed heavy, but it melted since the pavement is warmer than it was. The high today was 30 degrees with wind again. We have had so much wind lately. We live 2 blocks from the lake and when it is windy, we can hear the whispers of the lake. Very calming early in the morning.
Virtual trip:
So glad we will be spending the weekend at Penny's. With all of us helping her and hubby, we should have them all caught up on their chores. I think then I will wear my prairie clothes, I feel more comfortable in them. Some of you will be hunting those wild pigs, then I will cook it after someone else cleans it. Maybe I can make some of those pasties I make also. I am hoping to post the recipe for all of you tomorrow.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  7:34:51 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I almost forgot----Great score Penny!!!!! Praying you get the job.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2012 :  9:35:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Hey all...I meant to catch up but with all of you here I decided just to post a few pics....here is what we get to look at tonight...this is across the hay field, this is a two person hammock, so some of you can rest tomorrow if you need too. And here are our old tractors we can use to finish plowing the garden and to cut the grass

So just so ya'll know what might happen tomorrow, I'm off to bed, bet you can't wait to see what else I have in store huh....oh one more. the bond fire

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  01:36:32 AM  Show Profile
Good morning

Wow, As we got to Penny's I realized how lucky we are to have her along on our adventure. I mean look how beautiful it is here, so peaceful, bet it is hard for her to leave! And Jim was so welcoming ... the relief on his face that we still had Penny with us was very apparent as Holly reported. Maybe we all need to report home more often. Our loved ones shouldn't have to worry THAT much about us. Well, on the other hand, it sure was heartwarming to see that love in his eyes. I could go for a little of that aimed my way, be it from DH or DD or DP ...

I thought I was so smart to grab the hammock for tonight. I was enjoying falling asleep to the sounds of Jiggy and Joker neighing in their nearby paddock when kathryn nudged me. OK, I know Penny said it was a two person hammock, but were Kathryn and I the two people who are supposed to share it? We flipped it several times, landing on the thankfully soft grass (snake=free! Why did Holly have to mention that?) And truthfully, didn't sleep badly at all. I feel raring to go this morning! Let's be helpful. I can't wait to see some of Penny's crafts. She is so talented and have you seen her photos?

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  02:05:11 AM  Show Profile
Darlys, Congratulations on winning my game! Please keep the card. THe sentiment inside was meant for you. I really did think it was your birthday when I sent it. I am preparing one for DIanne that I will send her. I realized I had your address there on top because I had intended to send you a get well card and it got so late I was too ashamed to send it at that point. What a lovely package you sent to Holly and my goodness am I impressed on your postal timing. I can never estimate when something will arrive with the post office!

Glenda, It had to be satisfying to have your doctor FINALLY acknowledge the extent of your pain. I am so sorry you suffered so long, for seemingly no reason, but I am so glad you are mending well. I do appreciate your doctor's apt description of your surgery!! I will enjoy seeing your blog entries. Maybe you can do something to honor your friend who passed. How are your children doing? They really went through it this past month... Glad your card caught up with you while you were at Ed's. Enjoy the solitude and comfort of your corner of the world. There truly is no place like home.

Penny I just know you will have good news next week on the job situation. Again, hats off to you gf for doing such a great job on the test. I'm with you and Holly on the "our" kids. I have two children, my son was a bonus when I married my husband and my daughter was born two years later. I am proud to say when people realized that Mike and I had not been married long enough to account for our son's age, they always assumed he was "mine" not Mike's.
On another tangent, thank you for the April birthday list. I think I might be able to keep up at this point. Do you have a general address list that you could send me? Everyone has so many things going on that it would be nice to be able to send a note now and again. (Now I'm really getting ambitious, aren't I?)

Thanks for being here ladies,
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  05:20:48 AM  Show Profile
Hey Penny, what a score! Great going! I knew you could do it! Hooray for you!!

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  05:52:50 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations, Holly. I think Darlys made the perfect choice in picking you for FGOTM. With all you do; the trips, the children and everything you are amazing. I am so happy for you. She sent along a wonderful package to you, too. Do you like the little sock Monkey purse?? giggle!

Kathryn I am sending you my email address this morning so you can send me the story. I am anxious to read it.

Welcome new ladies. I am so glad you are here. We are such a great group of ladies.

Glenda it is good to hear that you are home in Mason and resting. I am sorry I have not contacted you yesterday or the day before. I have been so busy the last two days. I did get to talk to Darlys yesterday.

Penny can I ride on one of the tractors? I have always wanted to do that? And a nap in the hammock sounds delicious. Oh, I will help with the pig, after he is dead, of course. I won't shoot it but I can put an apple in its mouth and gut it and stuff. That one you made for your DH's birthday looked really yummy.

Your place is beautiful. We're going to have a fun time.
I'm bringing your surprise I bought you in Savannah for posting my dress.

Darlys with your red hair a pink dress might just be the ticket for you to wear. It would look really stricking. Isn't it interesting my DH likes my hair a brighter red, too. I have been making it lighter and more blondish but he likes it more reddish. I tell him I don't want it to look like Lucille Ball's hair. I'll bet yours looks really pretty on you with your fair skin.

Hugs,

Nancy

Hug
Go to Top of Page

MiserysFence
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Suzy
Florence KY
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  05:54:07 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! Misery's Fence here, age 50, from the beautiful commonwealth of Kentucky. I'm a "suburban farm girl," and not only did I join recently, but I also bought a gift membership for my daughter.

Although we live in the 'burbs, we board our horse out in the country. Before I was married (I'm widowed now), I was a professional groom and farm laborer--so I've got years of stall mucking under my belt.

I found Mary Jane's Farm magazine at my local Tractor Supply recently and as I began reading through, I thought "Wow, I really like this magazine." Then I got to the article about kombucha--I've been a home-brewer for almost a year--and I thought "WOW, I really LOVE this magazine!!" I passed it along to my daughter (she and her hubby live with me) and another fan was born.

Looking forward to "meeting" everyone!

Miz

And in the end,
The love you take
Is equal to
The love you make.
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  06:10:43 AM  Show Profile
Adding my congrats to Holly as well!! Good job on being the queen of the month!! Wear your crown proudly - even if it's under your wonderful hat while you make maple syurp.
Penny - glad to have finally made it to your place. What a fight we had over who got to sleep on the hammock and who slept on the ground! I slipped away and found the red tractor actually quite comfortable to sleep on. The engine was still warm when I unrolled my sleeping bag on to of the tractor and drifted off to sleep listening to the others still fighting over the hammock.

This morning, after that wonderful breakfast of pancakes and freshly made syrup and eggs (yummo!) we started hauling the wood to be chopped. Grateful for the tractor & my husband teaching me how to drive one. The logs started piling up and we all grabbed axes and started swinging. Who knew it would lead to another contest.
Kathryn and Marianne started fighting over that hunky ponytailed man who delivered us the lemonaid when we stopped to rest. Really, why do these guys follow us around? Holly and Penny just stood there with Miz trying to show her who is who, when it became a free for all. Good thing the weather started to get warmer....after pulling off our sweatshirts and tossing all that lemonaid around, Penny hosed us all off and we all got back to work. We'll have to work even harder now to warm up. That water was sure cold.

I am going to a gun show with my husband today, so put me down for about 5 hours of walking around, looking at guns and stuff. I'll be looking for a denim jacket.

Well, I'm off for today. Keep chopping without me ladies. I'll be back in time for dinner!!

Hugs and squishes!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  06:42:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Goooooood Morning, what a night....DH slept in his recliner so we could have the eight bunks and our bedroom, which had lots of floor space for everyone. I know we didn't get much sleep but boy it was fun...DH was in heaven having so many prerty woman around...I couldn't get him to hold still long enough to get a pic with his hair in a ponytail....giggle...it is about 2 inches longer than this pic now...he says he feels funny with it this long, but I love it, so he keeps it...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  06:46:11 AM  Show Profile
Good morning girlfriends. While I am lounging around being lazy I am looking through my books and found one called STOCKING UP, THE THIRD EDITION OF THE CLASSIC PRESERVING GUIDE by the Rodale Food Center. It covers just about everything, including a chapter on root cellars they call it underground storage, Holly, that I thought you might find interesting. I always thought they had to be completely dry, but according to this, not so. Its over 600 pages and a wealth of information on "harvesting, storing, preparing and preserving foods of all kinds."

Glenda #3534
http://www.gypsyglenda.com
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6447 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6447 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  06:47:50 AM  Show Profile
It is wonderful to meet everyone, all of you sure have fun here!
Glenda nice to meet you as well, I understand from Penny that we celebrate the same special day for our birthday's, in my 57 years you are only the second person I have found that celebrates my birth date as well. There is no place like home is there, that is where we go and need to be to rest, rejuvenate, find joy and peace, so I am happy you are back where you need to be.
Today will be unseasonably warm, 70 degrees which is unheard of in March at 9000 feet up here but I will take it, and embrace it as they are saying a bit of snow on Monday.
Kathy your breakfast sounds yummy!
More later.
Hugs,
Debbie

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Mar 31 2012 06:50:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  06:52:35 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Dang I hit the wrong button...Jim wants to know if any one wants to ride with him today...he said he will spend the day doing what every you ladies want...what a guy.

Holly our FGOTM got the hog this morning...what a shot she is....and look at the size of this thing...and Marianne and Dianne help drag it to the house, thanks girls

So now Nancy, Kathy and Darlys can help me turn this thing..

It looks like I already have enough wood for my woodstove. Now to get it off the porch and into the house before winter comes back around.

The Grandboys showed up last night and look what they got us for supper

Holly, I also meant to say thanks for the sweet words about my kids, I love them all...nothing like having kids old enough to try to tell YOU what you should and shouldn't do...lol

I will be back in a bit...need coffee..oh yeah..

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Edited by - Acelady02 on Mar 31 2012 07:05:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  06:55:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Suzy, jump right in and hang on girlfriend, we are a crazy group of girls...we love each other tho and love to have new people join us...we are on a virtual trip right now and everyone is at my place in the backwoods of GA....Holly can explain our virtual trip better than me...but you are welcome to jump on in...or just share with us...please come and stay awhile.

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  08:23:47 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning

Penny way to go!! A 94 is fantastic, but we never doubted for a minute.

Holly congrats you so deserve Farmgirl of the month. YEA!!!

Darlys Thank you for sending my birthday card along. I don't mind sharing the chocolate. After all we are sisters and while chocolate alone is good ..... sharing with a sister is so much more fun. LOL
As I said before a late birthday card just means I get to celebrate more. WOOHOO!!!

Glenda I am glad you are feeling better and your back home. I will tell you what I told Darlys. TAKE IT EASY!!! When the Dr says 4 more weeks he means 4 more weeks. Don't rush the healing or you will end up back in the hospital NO FUN!!! Love you and I am glad you are better. I miss your sense of humor.

Suzy welcomre to this crazy, wonderful, fun, and did I say loving group.

I need to get the grocery shopping done, so best get a movin.

Holly put me down for 2 hours yesterday. We did a lot of walking and looking.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  08:27:52 AM  Show Profile
Virtual Tour
Kathryn thank you for the light blue dress. I do love blue. Although the pink and the purple are really pretty. Does the urple one come with the guy to escort you around?

Are we away from the gators for good. I really do not want to have to try and out run another one. Oh and Holly I lost a glove as well. I kept my hand and all my fingers! Thank you Kathryn for telling me all proper ladies wear gloves!!

I really thought it was a log I was leaning on to rest. Then it moved!!!

Penny I love the moon pic and I get to drive one of the tractor. It has been a whlie but it was my favorite job when I was younger.
How come Penny gets to slep in her own bed? I miss my bed!

Awesome shot Holly I knew you were FGOTM for a reason. That pig weighed a ton. Dragging was almost as bad as dragging an elk! Glad for all the help. It sure was good eatin.

Wow we are having so much fun. Even the work is fun. Ok the hose was not fun but we deserved it! LOL

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6447 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6447 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  08:36:48 AM  Show Profile
Virtual Tour
Hope I am doing this right.
Holly nice shot with the Pig, can not wait to taste it as I love roasted Pig, it smells real good cooking.
Boys nice catch on the rabbits, now I have never eaten rabbit but I am a farmgirl so I will try anything.
When do I get to ride the tractor?
Hugs,
Debbie

If you are lucky enough to live in the mountains you are lucky enough.
www.etsy.com/shop/CollectThisTreasures
www.etsy.com/shop/MountainWingsAntique
http://debbielynnf.blogspot.com
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  09:30:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Here is what I was working on the last week...the biggest is big enough to use as a purse and the small one is about the size of a orange...I love this pattern

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  10:16:43 AM  Show Profile
Welcome, Suzy. I am sure you will fit right in with the rest of us.
Rabbit is my all time favorite meat, especially wild rabbit. What a treat that is!!!!!
I am enclosing the recipe for pasties, I hope it is big enough to read. It is on a postcard I found.
Will post more later, need to get some stuff done around here.

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  10:26:18 AM  Show Profile
I cannot get the picture to show. Help!!!

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  12:26:05 PM  Show Profile
Jan - did you "browse" then DOUBLE click on the image. I kept forgetting to Double Click before uploading.

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.

Edited by - darlystippie on Mar 31 2012 1:24:43 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page