True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2012 :  09:07:24 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning

Darlys life is short. I need to pack all the fun I can into it! I will have to practice with a bikini top. I could take it off and shoot twice as manys shots! LOL

Bunny We thought about a logo. In fact we have both my daughters and a friend working on ideas. We voted Hearth and Stone Farms as the name. We all agreed on that one. I thought naming would be easy. Boy was I wrong!!

Patty I am glad your daughter does not have MS. I hate waiting for test results!

Since we are talking '61, I am a March baby in 1961. So I will be 51 shortly but feeling more like 31 and acting more like 21 or maby 11. It changes day to day. LOL

Marianne I will have to share what you said about the guys having the stones. LOL they both will get a kick out of it.
I am sorry the Dr. was such a rat. Are you planning on see anouther Dr. maybe third times the charm. With something that serious I would want a lot of opinions.

Debra that bookmark you made nancy is beautiful.

Nancy that quilt is wonderful. I love quilts. Have not had much time to work on any latly.

Darlys I am so jealous and so is my coworker Connie. We both were envious of the blooms on your tree.

I am headed to Idaho Falls for a bowling turnament this weekend. I will check in when I get back. I hope all of you have an awesome weekend.

Did any of you get the email about asking everyone to pray for our country at the same time every night? 6pm Pacific
7pm Mountain 8pm Central and 9pm Eastern. What do you all think?

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2012 :  12:42:05 PM  Show Profile
hey all, come and see my bedroom. I spent 4 hours cleaning and organizing. It hasn't been this clean all winter. Hubby and I had coffee on the deck twice today. It is still to cold here in Iowa for such things, but we are having an unusually mild day with no wind. The sun once again has a little power behind it. Tomorrow we are going to our first son's home for the weekend. My pheasant quilt will be auctioned off tomorrow night and I want to be there to see how much it brings. Pricture of the quilt early next week. I promise! Tuesday I serve at book club. It is held at the public library in town. Don't know what I'll bring. I have to start reading the book. I always leave it until the last minute so I don't forget the details. Our discussions get pretty lively and I want to hang in there. We are reading BEHIND THE SCENES AT THE MUSEUM by Kate Atkinson. I'll let you know if I like it or not as soon as I read it. Any of you Chicks reading anything good?

I've got to vaccume the stairway. Break is over. Taa taa until next time
Get your exercise today - walk with the Lord.
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2012 :  12:45:53 PM  Show Profile
Oh my! I just realized that I haven't read pages 212 and 113. I'll catch up later and respond. Such beautiful pictures on those pages.

Edited by - Thelma on Mar 09 2012 12:47:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2012 :  1:13:24 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Nancy: I LOVE that quilt, reminds me of ones my grandmother made. Love the earthy colors too, burgandy being one of my favs.

Meow: Welcome from NC and we DO have a lot of fun here. :)

Thelma: we ARE a great bunch of chicks!

Judy: our lights flickered last night and Jim said it was because of the solar flare. I too say "works for me" :)
a green purse? really? hmmm pic please?

Darlys: Yay! now you can post pics to your heart's content! nice blooms and fruit. I would love to grow a lemon tree, but alas, no room inside and it would not do well outside, sigh. I too love the jasmine scent.

EDIT: Love those pics girl, no stopping you now. :)

Bunny: Congrats on the scholarship! hard work rewarded. *claps* you go girl!

Patty: love the 3 crock crock pot, that is really neat.your quail eggshells are so pretty! yay for jake being able to get back to work.

Janie: I grimaced when i read you pulled a hamstring in your leg..and bursitis too, man o man..praying for you.

Dianne: i forgot it WAS the weekend aleady til i read your post. i think praying for our country collectively is a good thing! :)

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)

Edited by - craftbug on Mar 09 2012 2:44:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2012 :  1:45:34 PM  Show Profile
Good morning and a happy Friday to all ...
Thelma - you are a busy bee. I'll have to look at the reviews of the book your club is reading. Hope your quilt makes a mint.

Dianne, thanks for the compliments on the peach tree photo. I think it's really lovely. Oh, btw, bikini top, okay - no peashooters or slingshots ... remember - this is Maui we are talking about -- lazy days (daze) while we are there - AND naptime while traveling. Even Glenda promised to behave (but I noticed she had fingers crossed behind her back.) She's talkin' pretty frisky for a gal about to undergo surgery.

Circling the PRAYER WAGONS FOR GLENDA. We all gotta "bang on the gates of heaven" for her. (Thanks for the phrase, Dianne.) I actually taped a note on my bed lamp that just says "Glenda!" I pray for her last thing at night and first thing in the morning and often during the day. We all need her -- she is an inspiration in so many ways.

You can talk to Holly, Dianne, about bringing your "weapons" on the Move it to Lose it Trek ... she may okay a slingshot or some other non-violent form of protection to ward off the alligators, bears, coyotes and other wildlife we may encounter along the way. But she's got your number, gf, and you might have to unload. Nancy, Marianne and I are prepared with raingear ... and sunscreen ... and cash for the 100 mile garage sale. Say,you gonna do the dip & slip on that trip? (Won't need so much cash if that's your plan.)

Patty, you take care of your back now, honey, and your back will serve you well later and for years to come. I had to laugh at your doctor's suggestion that your dear hubby get out there and do some of that heavy lifting. So now it's not just your feet that are killing you? - your back is killing you, too! Just 'cause you were a truck driver doesn't mean you are invincible! We love you, gf, and want to keep you around! You've got a cross country trek to aspire to. Slow down for a bit. Oh my, I think the "walk" starts tomorrow! Holleeee!???

Now that I've got the photo posting down - (hopefully I don't forget how between pictures) ... I must give you all a bit of the bloom.
At the townhouse (Cupertino) we have a very small area in front - so my available planting area is only about a yard and a half wide on one (fence) side and 20 inches wide on the garage wall side ... the homeowners association has the lawn beyond. Back patio is just all slate tile & hot tub with HOA open space foliage beyond. (See why I love our place in Oakhurst? Room to move!) The garage side is covered with my jasmine and bougainvillia. I took a photo but it appears to just be all green so I decided to leave it out. However, I got a couple of nice shots of the fence side. Wish I could figure out how to set them side by side on the forum - but that's for another day. Here goes ...

Geraniums

Growing against all odds

More Peach Tree - Still has buds to pop

Whachamacallits?

Posies in a Pot

We are off to Oakhurst tonight - it's been over a month. And now I have to actually get moving (but not too much) around here.

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.

Edited by - darlystippie on Mar 09 2012 1:53:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2012 :  5:46:28 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I am several days behind. Last night is dance night for dd so Cheri drove her to class. Talie had AAU basketball practice. he is on the practice team which means that he goes to the practices but does not play in the competitions. AAU is about $400 for its season. This is the first year Talie is playing with that team. The other boys on the team have been together for three years or so. It does overlap with baseball season so traditionally he has not been allowed to go because we have a one sport at a time rule. I figured out that all of the boys at school on the basketball teams have been on AAU. Talie was good enough this year to play on the school team. I think if he does not continue to practice a lot with the other boys that he will get left behind so we are trying this out. The AAU games are on the weekends either one or both days. It is a big commitment so I am happy he is participating by practicing for now.

I have a steno notebook that I write in when I am emotionally overwhelmed and I can not rip the object of my anger a new orifice. It is a short term project each time. but, the venting does help.

Patty- I hope there are days when your back does not hurt so much. I am glad that your daughter does not have MS.

Marianne- I would be nervous about messing with my spine. It would seem that if the surgeon slipped that could be paralysis, I would want to know more and more and more about the surgeon. I would check out his hands to see if he shakes. I would check out his vision to see if he can see. I know you are in pain all the time and that is so wearing. I hope you can find relief sometime soon. Have you tried acupunture? A friend of mine does energy work and she has good success easing people's pain. I do not for a moment understand how she works but she does.

Reading Thelma's post reminded me that I wanted to tell all of you that we saw out first flock of geese fly north for the summer the day before yesterday. It is always exciting to know that the summer is truly coming how could geese lie to anyone about something as important as that?

Day before yesterday we were out in our tshirts. The sky was so blue, the wind was a gentle breeze and the temperatures were in the sixties. Mud season is on its way!

Now that Chris is posting more regularly maybe if you see this you could send Penny your address and birthday to get on the list. I think you are not on mine.

Nancy the quilt is wonderful. I really like bright and cheery things. Your gd should should smile each time she walks into her room.

We heard about the meteors and solar flares as well and what does our weather do? Thick clouds! How can we see the northern lights through all of the bleeping clouds? At least the full moon was still so bright that it lit up the room even through the clouds.

I do wear my hair at shoulder length now. Until three years ago I had a braid to my waist. Then I decided I wanted a change so Cheri cut it up to my shoulder blades and now to my shoulders. I have only ever gone to the hairdressers twice in my life. Once when my mother decided that since I was going to sleep away camp and could not braid my own hair that I would get a hair cut I could manage. I cried the whole time. The other time was two years after that my mother decided that we were going out to eat and I needed my hair fixed and she snipped away. I ended up going to the hair dresser to get it fixed and the result was a pixie, My mother was not an ogre but I did not appreciate it at all.
I do not like my hair in my face. But, I am not brave enough to go to the hairdressers every six weeks to get it cut. Ross likes to hold onto it for comfort and security so I need to keep it long enough for him.

Janiee do you have nut trees near you? I used to have an online friend in Texas some where and where she lived the trees were considered a nuisance. I would have liked for her to send me some of her nuisance nuts. I think they might have been almond.

The photos are all gorgeous. The flowers are to be envied. If the weather continues to go as it is I may be planting in the next month. At least the spinach, beets and peas.

The warmer weather even just sporadically is making the trees and bushes believe that spring is really on its way. I was noticing yesterday that the bushes on the sides of the road the stems are all bright red now with the rising sap. They are very brilliant against the white snow.

Sweet dreams

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2012 :  6:27:01 PM  Show Profile
Tomorrow is the big day!

Everyone needs to fly into the south of Florida. We will be spending the first three days of our trip to get loosened up and relaxed at the Big Cypress Resort. They have air conditioned cabins for us to stay in. It is affiliated with the Ah-Tah-Thi-Ki Reservation and Museum of the Seminole People. We have special arrangements to attend classes presented by the members of the tribe. We will go on a swamp buggy eco tour while we are there . We will also have a guided tour of the reservation and village. We will learn about the origins of the Seminole people and their role in the freeing and adopting of people who had been enslaved. We will have plenty of time to move around to begin our Move it to Lose it Tour of the United States.

Here is a link to the Reservation/http://www.ahtahthiki.com/index.cfm

On the morning of the thirteenth of March we will depart Big Cypress for a lovely stroll to Pelican Island National Wildlife Refuge in mid Atlantic Florida to help the Sierra Club with a week long planting of native vegetation. We need to arrive by March 25th so I think we will need to trot right along US 1.
http://www.sierraclub.org/outings/national/brochure/12440a.aspx

As soon as I figure out where Taliesin slipped the AAA atlas that Darlys so kindly sent me to plan the trip with I will give out mileage.

I think this is how we shall progress along our route. We shall record our progress in hours moved. Each person should post regularly how much time was spent moving. Each hour will be counted as 3 miles. We will account for progress linearly. So, if Dianna moves and hour and Thelma and Marianne and Kathryn that is four hours and twelve miles.

I think for this leg of the trip everyone should shoot for an hour a day moving. However I think that once you figure out that we as women move a lot more than we credit ourselves for we will find our progress up the coast faster. If we get behind some of our dead lines then we will secure other types of transportation. I am looking into renting http://www.bacchettabikes.com/
to speed us on our way.

So, are we on our way? Everyone have their rainponchos in their backpacks. Sunscreen and big hats slathered and donned? I am sure if Darlys brings some of that special lemonade and Janiee brings some of the praline sauce we will find the journey painless indeed. Senses of humor and vivid imaginations at the ready?

If anyone has any pertinent or not photos be sure to post them.

Off we go.

Holly
farmgirl #2499

Edited by - Tall Holly on Mar 09 2012 6:39:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2012 :  8:02:34 PM  Show Profile
Looking forward to this adventure Holly! I hope I move and lose a lot!! Guess I need to find a rain poncho though. I do have brand new mud boots I picked up yesterday at the feed store, can I wear them? Oh and that 100 mile yard sale sounds like a blast! I've always wanted to go to that and now that I am moving things around in the house for a different look, I'm sure I'll find lots to bring home! As soon as I get this posted I can go back and read up on the links you gave us.

Welcome Meow!! Glad to have another great farmgirl on board. Jump in and be comfy, these ladies are the best!

Thelma's back!! I wondered where you have been. So when you go to Mpls. next week could you stop and give them my love. I was born and raised in MN and I miss my close friends and family. I haven't been back in five years! "THUMP" as my bunny Oggie would "say".

Nancy I LOVE the quilt! I envy all of you seamstress's. I do know how to sew, just never seem to have time to sew. Got myself two new/old machines last year and still haven't done anything on them. Then when I was at the parental units house Mom sent home with me a sewing cabinet my Dad's father made, totally filled, along with two large boxes of buttons, and tons of other things that I can't even do! So you might check on the barter board soon, I may be putting some of it up. One box of buttons is a beautiful old needle box that sat in my great-grandfathers general store. I was so excited when she told me that!

And Debra - that is a beautiful bookmark!! I love the colors and the shape, very feminine and perfect for Nancy's Bible!

Bunny I hope your son got the job at Trader Joes and if so, I hope he enjoys it. I was in one in VA and the cashier was saying how she loved being there and hs been for 8 years. Sounds like they treat employees good.

Marianne - My SIL has RSD (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy) and refuses to take drugs for it. Instead she has acupuncture once a week and it works very well for her. I know between my two discs being torn and my fibro, at times I feel so much pain but I mentally push through. I am not going to let it over take my life. Doesn't always work, but I try! I coudln't wait to leave work today my leg hurt so from sitting and it actually comes from my torn discs.

Darlys I'm so happy your Dr. appointment was good news! Getting to go to Oakhurst must be heaven for you! My Mother has a lemon tree indoors and it has 9 lemons on it (well, when I was there). It's huge so it will be interesting to see if it gets moved to their new place or left for the new owners, lol.

Patty I'm so sorry to hear about your back! I'm right there with you sister! But I was LOL big time when I read about your hubby and the DR.! Men! The baby chick is adorable! I've been looking to buy a few new girls this week. Thought I'd add a few exotics to our coop and get some pastel eggs. Good to hear about Jake though and that your daughter doesn't have MS!

Bunny congratulations on the scholarship! It's so nice to get those and I'm sure you deserve it!

Forgot what else I was going to say and this is long enough so sweet dreams ladies! Tomorrow starts a big day, hope you all get a good nights sleep.

Prayers being sent for Patty, Darlys, Glenda, Judy's Mom, Jake, Marianne, Glenda's brother John, and I hope I didn't miss anyone else!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com
www.etsy.com/shop/cybertiques

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

Joyous
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Kerry
Caldwell Idaho
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2012 :  01:56:18 AM  Show Profile
This is my first post, so we'll see if I can get this right. My birthday falls on Easter this year. As a kid, I got as close as Good Friday. (Now, closer to 60 than 50) I was excited when my husband was putting all the year's information on our new calendar and told me this was 'my' year ;) It's coming up swiftly, and although the excitement of being able to believe that all the hoop-la was being shared with me is long-gone, I've converted over those long-pent-up feelings of childhood hope and eagerness into the sheer delight I'm here to share another birthday with the people I love most and wonderful friends. This year, I'm looking forward to this new adventure and new Farmgirl friendships, particularly those over age 50 :) I hope this day is kind to you, Joyous
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2012 :  05:59:27 AM  Show Profile
YOU GUYS DRIVE BIG RIGS! I can't even parralel park!
can't spell it either giggle

Edited by - Thelma on Mar 10 2012 06:12:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2012 :  06:06:17 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, Congratulations on the scholarship. You work so hard and now a deserved reward. Great!

Meow, you are so welcome to join right in. Tell us a little about yourself. :)

Darlys I picked a few of your lemons yesterday. It was warm here so I wanted to make some lemonade. You wouldn't give me your secret recipe that you used on the way to Rio though. The lemonade tasted good anyway. I am looking forward to more photos. Maybe some of Oakhurst. Yes?

Patty girl, take care of that back. It has to last you a long time yet. And besides, you want it to be well for our walk. No crutches, walkers or wheelchairs allowed. No skates either. I told my DH that you were a truck driver in addition to all the other special things you do. He is impressed, my dear.
I had to LOL when I heard about your DH at the dr. office. My DH does the same thing sometimes. I finally had to tell the nurse that I want to see the dr. by myself because my DH was talking too much.

Marianne, I hope you do consider acupuncture. It has worked for me in the past for pain. I highly recommend it. Just be very careful about ever letting anyone do anything with your spine. Be sure of the dr. and his credentials. You can see how trusting I am, right?

Joyous (Kerry) you are in the right place for the friendship of the best ladies ever. You will find fun, love, caring, compassion and trust here. We laugh with you, we pray for you, we are sometimes crazy but always loving. Just jump in and join us.

I am so excited Holly for tomorrow. I have my sock monkey poncho and hat, boots and tropical shirt ready tomorrow.

Hugs,

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2012 :  06:28:30 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to the farm Kerry! Grab a rocker and sit for a while.

I wanted to ask?????
A few post back someone mentioned about a homepathic medicine that can help nerve mend.
I can't see to find the post now. I am interested in finding out the name of the medicine.
I am not sure who sent it.
I too use homepathic supplements.
Alos If you are interested in the pattern for the fan bookmark that is pictured on some of the post...I have the patteren. I will send it e-mail if you would like. Just let me know.
Thanks for thoughts and prayers for hubby. I just need to help get his spirits up about all this nerve damage thing.

Have a good day,
debra e

Farmgirl Sister
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2012 :  07:09:04 AM  Show Profile

Debra
Its on Page 209 from Kathryn --Hypericum -- Good Luck! I know you don't have the time to just scroll down, so I thought I'd do the footwork for ya. Kathryn won't post again until she gets back to work on Monday, unless she visits her daughter.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2012 :  08:33:32 AM  Show Profile
Debra, I would love to have the pattern. If you click on my name my email is there. Sorry this is short but I don't have time to post today. But enjoyed reading everybody else's posts. more later.

Glenda #3534
http://www.gypsyglenda.com
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2012 :  10:00:52 AM  Show Profile
Hey guys! Just flew into Naples from Dallas and BOY! are my arms tired! Chuckle,chuckle (Okay Holly, were's that resort from here? Can I hike without gettin' snapped up by a gator?) High 40's when I left home...80's here. Can you say 'sweat'? What was I thinkin' when I got dressed for this trek? Well if I don't expire before I perspire, I'll see ya'll at the resort!!!

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2012 :  11:09:23 AM  Show Profile
Hi Joyous Kerry! Wonderful to have you in this seasoned circle. We are the BEST. You will love it here. As you can see, we don't just sit around ... we had a wild virtual trip to Rio last month ... and now Holly has us virtually trekking around the county on the Move it to Lose it tour. That "special" lemonade I bring everywhere ... ahem! It helps keep us relaxed AND "joyous." Join us...Penny needs your address and birthday info - asap - since your birthday is Easter. That's early April ... and we love up our birthday girls.

I think I missed saying "hey and welcome" to Meow. I'm sorry it got past me.

Now all the rest of you ... I'm ready to Move It. Already did the length of Mockingbird Lane this morning. And I'll catch up with the latest posts later. I've got to get to S. Florida right now. Mel, you blew right past me, still flapping so hard, you didn't even see me coasting in for the landing. Good to see you, gf! Let's see if we can find the others.

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.

Edited by - darlystippie on Mar 10 2012 11:16:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2012 :  12:00:28 PM  Show Profile
Dianne, google the maharishi effect. It is proof that a large number of people all praying for the same thing works.
It is very interesting to read about.

Thelma, cleaning your sewing room.. good for you! Mine is a mess. I'm so ADD then when I start to clean it, I end up getting sidetracked and make more of a mess. We should have a contest for the messiest sewing room. I'll think good thoughts on your quilt. I hope it makes lots of money.

Darlys, thank you for reminding us about our girl Glenda. I'll say a prayer for her too. Enjoy Oakhurst!

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2012 :  12:13:37 PM  Show Profile
Any one doing Qi Dong a type of exercise something like yoga but with more movement less holding pose. I have ordered a DVD from the Library I will keep you in the loop as to how it works. I really need to be a bit more limber and think this is the way to go.
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273

Edited by - gramadinah on Mar 10 2012 12:14:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2012 :  12:25:47 PM  Show Profile
My latest crochet flowers.

I still have to crochet a back base for the pin. I am going to put them on my Artfire site for sale when they are done. I have some cute hearts too.

I'm trying to decide how to price these but they will end up on my online store too.

I think today is a do nothing crochet day.

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2012 :  4:03:43 PM  Show Profile
I am leaving for South Florida. Have my map so I won't get lost when I get there. Even though I am in Florida I am up here at the very top. I am traveling down along Hwy l along the coast. Passing along past St. Augustine where Ponce de Leon landed. One of the interesting things about Florida is that it has been under the flags of nine different countries including Spain, Mexico, U.S., and France. Ocean is beautiful and clouds outstanding on this trip. See you all soon.

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2012 :  4:36:40 PM  Show Profile
This my little town of Fernandina Beach with population of 11,000 people.

Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2012 :  5:02:37 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

It is so nice to see you all here in South Florida. The flight down for me was smooth. All down hill. lol The migrating birds all told me I was flying the wrong way for this time of year. I told them it was only a short visit to pick up some friends and then we would be headed north. They then reconsidered how daft I might be and decided not to fly high and poo on me.

Mel is right that it is hot. I am not complaining yet about the temperature, At least now when I sweat it is because of the external temperatures and more predictable and rational.

Ponce de Leon was looking for the Fountain of Youth when he landed in Florida. Unfortunately for the native people they did not have a clue what he was talking about. They all lived a lifestyle that could not be imagined be the stoddy Europeans.

The stroll around the paths near the resort was pleasant. I could hardly believe it when Nancy snuck up behind Bunny and saved her life from falling into the crocodile swamp. Bunny is still plotting her revenge on that sneak attack. Darlys is up to her old tricks handing out that lemonade of hers trying to get everyone to relax a bit too much. Diana is once again giving tutorials on the dip and shake method of lowering prices at the craft markets so that we will all be experts as we walk up the coast. Kathryn has been busy teaching us how to walk on our hands so that we will not waste any time on sore feet holding us back. I am not very good at this feat although I notice that some of you are catching right on. Thelma scouted the whole area looking for a zip line. no luck. Marianne found the spare key to the jacuzzi so we can sneak in tonight after all of the other guests are asleep. Ginny found a stash of pink flamingo feathers out behind her cabin to make a new dance outfit to rival her brilliant blue with the white plumes from Rio.

We had a rousing game of water volleyball going when some members of our party lost certain pieces of their attire. I think there was hope that the pool boys would help them with the back knots. It seems the pool boys in South Florida are not nearly as cooperative as those in Rio. It must have something to do with the language barrier.

We are waiting on the arrival of Penny and Chris. I hope they arrive soon. Tomorrow is a big day. We will choose which craft of the Seminole we are to learn. I am hoping that there is a beading class. I want to learn how to put beads onto clothing with porcupine quills. Are there porcupines in Florida? Everyone be sure to look at the website so you can be ready to make your choice.

Nancy I am sitting here trying to figure out the other five countries. England? Holland? Portugal? Italy? am I even close?

so, today as I moved for the trip I counted 20 minutes for milking the cow. 40 minutes for washing the cursed dirty dishes and 20 minutes spread throughout the day doing laundry. I also rode the stationary bicycle for 5 minutes. I have to work up to more on that thing my knees are just not in shape.

I am glad that there is netting on the windows of these cabins. Mosqutioes are not my friends.

Jump right in on our virtual walking tour of the US. Create a role for your selves or someone might create a role for you. lol

Sweet dreams,

Holly
farmgirl #2499

Edited by - Tall Holly on Mar 10 2012 5:13:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2012 :  7:35:49 PM  Show Profile
ROFLMBO Thelma! I needed a good laugh today and I knew I'd find at least one on MJF, thanks!

Welcome Kerry! You are an Easter baby this year, congratulations! I'm sure you will love it here.

Also a big Welcome to Juanita! Join us on our walking tour! I'm still waiting to get the daughter married so I can maybe have g-kids, lol. You're a lucky woman, I hope they all live near you.

Ok, I'm sailing upwind down the East Coast to Florida and should arrive this evening. Got my towel, my smart phone, and a surprise drink from the blueberry capital of the world. Can't wait for this fun trip to start! I'm sure none of you get the "upwind" so here's a hint: Google "what does downeast mean" and I'm going in the opposite direction.

But first I have to show you these pictures. Talk about recycling and being green! Got this bottle in the mail today and when I finally figured out how to get the items inside of it out, I could take pics of the "stuff". I traded with someone on Etsy, some hay for these cute tea candles. (She has a pet rabbit, hence the hay). What a great way to ship them though!

Can't get the last pic to load but the bottle was the actual shipping "box"!
Ok, so now to on to our move it and lose it trip!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2012 :  8:14:25 PM  Show Profile
Sadly there were not quite enough feathers for me to make myself a dress so I made one for Nancy's granddaughter. I think it will match the quilt she is getting quite nicely. I did make myself a fan though since it's so HOT here! Like Holly, it's finally the temperature and not me that is making me hot (haven't seen those pool boys yet so it's not them either, lol).

I'd like to learn how to make a basket if I can. Also, do you think they would teach us any of their dances? The Catfish dance I could probably do! And no, I'm not being sacrilegious, although anymore of Darlys lemonade and I probably couldn't do the dance!

Also I moved a lot today, up and down stairs for a good 45 min. moving laundry from dirty, cleaning, folding, and putting away; cleaning the shower took at least 30 min., going out to the chickens twice and feeding the cat and rabbit another 30 min. I had to chase the rabbit around the house to give him his medicine. Then going to the store was another 20 min.

Would you please rent me a Bella. I don't think I'd do well on a bike with the pedals up so high as the other types. I'll be lucky to get were we are going on this one!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

Edited by - Oggie on Mar 10 2012 8:28:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2012 :  9:07:32 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kerry&Juanita, Welcome to the group!
Bunny, nice work...as usual! *giggle* I always love the bright colors you use for all your crafts.
Nancy, cute town....so tree-lined and beautiful!
Today was "Grocery shopping for Mama." She's feeling so much better, and that cough is only occasional now. Thanks for all the prayers for her gals. She told me to tell those she owes a letter...hang in there, she's still catching up on her family letters after being sick so long!She'll get to ya! *giggle* That's my Mama! Bless her pea-pickin' heart!
After being out in that wind today(even though it wasn't THAT cold) I now have achy ear canals. ~ugh~
Gonna use ear drops&cotton, take an alka seltzer cold nighttime and go to bed. Thanks to the time-change, I'm already gonna lose some sleep!
~~yawn~~ Nite Buds!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: