True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  05:51:38 AM  Show Profile
This is the bookmark Debra e sent me.

This is the quilt I made for my GD Kelly for her birthday.

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  06:21:38 AM  Show Profile
Wow What beautiful work! Debra's stitches are perfection and Nancy, your gd will be so happy to have that in her room. Two very talented farmgirls for sure.

Has everyone heard that Sunday we turn our clocks forward. I know, we lose an hour, but for us here in the Pacific NW, we will be looking at daylight until about 7pm starting Sunday evening!!! That sounds pretty good to me.

Nancy, I have just the raingear for our trip... my Mickey Mouse poncho from Disney World. I will look like a native down there in FL. I just love having the exact right outfit for the day. You don't think neon yellow with the black, white and red Mickey on the back like a bullseye will be "too" much do you? Of course, not! Oh everyone else is going to be green with envy over my rain poncho!! I wonder if I can find some rainboots to match. Hmm, too much? again, of course not! Why do I worry? My ensemble will be to die for. OK, I'm off to search the internet for some (size 10) Mickey Mouse rain boots for our trip. That ought to be a cinch to find!

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

meow
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

24 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  06:28:46 AM  Show Profile
Hello, from Meow 61 is just around the corner.Hoping I can get everything done,before you know what ..Ha Ha. If your knees hurt take care of it I did both four years ago. I can actually run and play tag with Grand kids.For me that's what it's all about. "Be of good cheer"P.H.D.
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  07:09:41 AM  Show Profile
Remember me? I have been running around like crazy this past week trying to keep up with myself and the rest of the world. We went on 2 bus trips (day trips into MN) one to the owl festival and one to the Eagle center. Both trips journyed to the Mississippi River to watch the migration process of these awsome raptors. Also had a slew of business meetings and appointments. Took the grands with us on our owl adventure so they had to be collected and returned. Next week we will go with our travel group to the twin cities to see a play. I call our bus the 'party bus' but my son thinks of it as the'party pooper bus' I tell him he would be the one who was pooped trying to keep up with us seniors. giggle

Instead of trying to answer every one individually I am just going to lump everything together. What a talented group of gals we are. What interesting lives we all lead. When I think of all the canning, building, crafting, sewing, journaling, crocheting, knitting, cooking/baking, and other things we do I am convinced that we are a strong group of women who can be roudy and yet remain gentile when situations call for us to be serious. On this sight it doesn't matter what color our skin is, what religion we practice, what we drive, what our houses look like, how much money we have, what our talents are, what our maratial status is, or what our sexual preference is. We are one great group of chicks!!!!!!! I am proud to be a part of this. I also want to point out that we have our vices (one of mine is eating to much), and our down days, but we manage to pull ourselves out of the dumps to help keep each other going with kindness and love (the little gifts help too). Most of us are parents and/or grandmothers. Many days we hurt physically and emotionally, but we carry on the best we know how!

Meow are you new here? WELCOME!!!! Just jump right in and tell us about yourself. I would like to know what state you are from. Still looking for someone to jump on here from Iowa. giggle

I need to get back to cleaning my sewing room. A little dusting and vacumming around this place wouldn't hurt either! Taa Taa util next time. Keep those creative juices flowing.

Edited by - Thelma on Mar 08 2012 07:15:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  07:23:58 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, please e-mail me when you have time. I am looking for fabric that I can use in my barn quilt. I need cuts that look like red or brown brick, and building foundation stone (any color). I don't need alot of each piece, but would be willing to buy a yard of each. tdadams@wctatel.net. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  08:47:42 AM  Show Profile
Don't ya just love Deb's sherbet-colored bookmarks.
I really like that quilt. Very nice! Doesn't a quilt just "Make A Room Beautiful?"
Hi MEOW.....me and my pudy,Rascal, say HI! *giggle* Welcome to the group!

Ok......I have 2 "i-cool" coupons for $2 off each to give to 2 lucky,"NEEDY" Gals. Who wants 'em?

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  09:16:33 AM  Show Profile
Well, GF's, I though I'd get in early today, so you won't have to read a novel again from me until Monday…lol. Cold, windy, and rainy here today; a day for sleeping late and hanging in your jammies…me? I'm at the office, but I so did not want to get up this morning. It's not that I don't want to be here, I do, I just think I should been able to sleep a bit longer… The add benefit of come into the office is that I get to touch base with you all. :D

I hope all of you received the blessing of good and restful sleep and may HE grant you a peaceful day with restored health to you and your loved ones, so that you may continue to do all that He has given you a passion to do.

I know what you mean about the gas prices, Janet. They drop a little then raise a lot. Where will it end? Probably when we are all able to use some other mode of transportation, I suppose. My DIL was saying that the prices are over four dollars a gallon, where she and my son are in Los Angeles, and inching more toward the five dollar range. Pitiful!

Judy, It would give me no greater pleasure to send your mom a card; I was planning on making some this weekend, so she can be the first to receive. Pray, what is the address that I need to send it to.

Bunny, are Rosemary and Thyme and Downtown Abby British comedies? I don't have tv, but they sound familiar; I think my daughter watches them and she loves them. I hope your son gets that job; he should, he's done the right thing by being the "squeaky wheel".

Marianne, I think you may be right; I think that's what they're called, Bradford Pear. These all have white flowers. Another tree that I like here is the Red Bud. They are so pretty.

Your birthday is at end of the year and mine is at the beginning; we've got both ends covered…cool. All the traits that associate us with the scoliosis are also associated with the time of year we were born too. What day were you born on? Because those traits are also indicative of the Capricorn people…not that I hold much belief in the zodiac…

I'm so sorry about your trip the that quack; I know understand that kind of disappointment; I've lived it my whole life, just about. There comes a time when you just have to say "No!" Just say "when"…when you've had enough. My Doc said that if you had gone through with that surgery it would have made turned you into even more of a pretzel, pain wise, than ever before. The last procedure the quacks wanted to do to me in the name of pain management was to stick this foot and half long needle into my spine to inject cortisone, which is bad enough, but they were going to combine it with something else, I can't remember. The problem is that you don't want to be sticking things into your spine at all; if they miss just a teeny, tiny bit and your paralyzed for the rest of your life. It's really scary, what the procedures these doctors want to do sometimes. And the rate of success is not close to being enough to convince me to do it. I use a combination of things now and I have noticed some improvement in my pain levels; I, of course use my homeopathics, I also see a chiropractor once a week, sometimes twice, if necessary; the massage therapist in our office works on me with our own analgesic cream, which is a miracle cream by itself; and I've started doing some yoga. I'm talking marked improvements...

I found a place that sowed how to make some flowers out of fabric, felt, and ribbon. They look easy enough that I want to try it; I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm so happy for you that your hubby is coming home; I know how you miss him when he is gone…enjoy…you deserve it. ;D

That bookmark is beautiful Debra E., good job! And Nancy…I'm so happy she was able to bless you like that; what a friend. It reminds me of rainbow sherbet.

That quilt, Nancy is beautiful. You did such a good job! I want to make one…your GD will be thrilled to have it, I know. ;D

Welcome, Meow! We can get crazy here, but we have a lot of fun, too.

Thelma…AMEN, sister! ;D Well said!

Judy, what are i-cool coupons?

Have a great day all!

Hugs!

If there is a will, there's a way; find your way!

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  09:40:02 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Kathryn, she'll be tickled! Address is:

Evelena C. Jones
131 5th St.N.E. Apt.914
Canton, Ohio 44702-1203

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  09:44:48 AM  Show Profile
My pleasure...Sis...*giggle* I've always wanted to say that to someone...lol

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  10:15:50 AM  Show Profile
I don't know what "i-cool" is myself. But the Gals on here with night-sweats say it's a wonderful product to help them with that.
Coupon says,"for Menopause or Menopause+Bone Building."
Oh, I'm still in my jammies too since we have the same weather, plus high wind warnings. We aren't going out until this evening, for my SIL birthday.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Mar 08 2012 10:18:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  10:48:37 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone. It's turning out to be another lovely day here in
Cupertino. And I am using "return" instead of "wrapping" text on this page
today as I once again am having to move that bottom bar back and forth. If anyone
else is having this problem - I hope this makes the post easier to read. It looks
like this is doing this to me every other page. I have dug deep into the "help"
world and can't manage a fix. Oh well.

Bunny, she arrived with the little acorn hat firmly attached. (At risk of
over-gushing, it is adorable.) Again, thank you.

I hope your son gets the TJ job. Everyone at Trader Joe's here appears to
enjoy their jobs a lot. They seem to have a lot of fun at work and still give
stellar service.

Marianne, you are in my prayers. I am so sorry about the pain management doctor.
His approach would scare me poopy. There may be a resolution out there somewhere.

Nancy, that quilt is marvelous. Love it so much. Either you have a natural gift
or you were overly modest when you said you are a beginner.

Debra, my bookmark looks like Nancy's and I love mine, too. I couldn't figure
out how to post pictures yet when you sent mine back in September. How do you do
such tiny crochet stitches? Maybe you better not say as I can't crochet and
probably wouldn't understand.

Went to the doctor yesterday for the post-op exam. Except for a bladder infection,
(which I now have antibiotics for - and should be gone in a week) everything is
really good. She said she is very pleased with how I am healing. Also, cautioned
that I shouldn't take that as an okay to start hoisting heavy loads or pump
iron - but slow and steady wins the race. As we get older our bodies
often take a bit longer to snap back - and don't want to let muscles atrophy
either - so walking is the preferred activity.

Gypsy ... as always, you in my prayers. I got the seeds! Thank you!
I will talk to you soon. How about an update on your brother?
He is in prayer, too.

Gas price noticed yesterday was 4.79 for premium. I did get the all-clear
from the doctor for traveling to Oakhurst. Life resumes with some sense
of near-normalcy.

Later, gfs, I gotta get off the chair.

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  10:57:06 AM  Show Profile
Hi Darlys...I only look at the 87 octane gas prices, as I (AM) driving and don't want to rear-end anyone from sticker-shock!!! hahahah.....rofl We are having a meteor shower hitting Earth today,so the radio and newspaper says. It will affect all of technology so they say, causing puter problems......uh.....yup....works fer me!!! :)

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Mar 08 2012 8:51:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  11:19:52 AM  Show Profile
You go right ahead and rub it in, Judy, that you are still in your jammies…it's ok, I won't get my nose tweaked out of shape. Lol I just wish I was right there with you. We're having some seriously high winds here too.

That's interesting about the meteors. I was just reading, last night, about the solar flares. They call this episode something that I can't remember, but just this past Tuesday we had,…whatever it is, and it's the worst one we've had since the 1800's where it reportedly fried the telegraph wires. It wasn't that bad, but they were talking about how the fallout from it could effect communications as well. Kind of like a tidal wave after a coastal earthquake…fascinating stuff..

Darlys…feeling a bit like a ping pong ball, are we? Lol Unfortunately, I'm not a huge computer whiz, or I'd know what you can do about it…sorry. :/ Have you tried emailing Brian or somebody like that?

Where's Cupertino in relation to L.A.? My dil says that's about what their gas is there…

I'm so glad you are recuperating so well; you'll be back to normal in no time at all. ;D

Lots of Hugs!

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  2:43:22 PM  Show Profile
With help of DS I now know how to upload the photos. All it took was a
DOUBLE-CLICK. Which, by the way, I must have done by accident when I put
up the other pictures because I truly didn't know what I was doing.

These were taken about 2 weeks ago. The peach tree is now loaded with those
pink blossoms - and there are even more lemons on the tree. Oh, how I will NOT
love leaving these beauties behind. I'm going to try growing a lemon tree in
a pot when we when we move.

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  3:08:23 PM  Show Profile
Beautiful, Darlys! Now will you tell me how to post pictures too, pleeeease?

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  3:42:50 PM  Show Profile
Darlys the blooms are gorgeous. I know you will miss being able to snatch a fresh lemon whenever you want, but you do speak (type) longingly about Oakhurst. I am so glad you will soon be on your way back up there. When do you plan on taking that first jaunt?
Great news about your post-op exam. How nice to have it behind you.

Garage door is opening... dogs are excited.... hubby is home.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  5:08:49 PM  Show Profile
Darlys, you will still be able to grow apples and probably pears in Oakhurst.... Maybe a little lemon tree in a sheltered area? Don't know about peaches but you might ask around. You could have your own little orchard. Just think, who ever gets to live in your home in Cupertino will enjoy your lovely trees.

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  5:10:06 PM  Show Profile
Oh, forgot to say, I got the full scholarship amount from the college! $1000 for classes next quarter. Very happy about that. I guess they figured I was needy enough. Getting good grades helped I'm sure.

Farmgirl number 3738

My blog: www.bunnyrose.com
My shop: www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  5:56:45 PM  Show Profile
Kathryn ... I'm not sure I can explain it. Plug in IPhone, move pictures to computer file, click on little attachment box (with mountains) upper left corner of the Quick Reply box, click browse, double click on photo, click upload - and I think that's it.

Bunny! Got fabric today. Thank you again! It's, as always, lovely. Love the FQ. I will hoard it for the perfect project. Now I really am going to TRY to stay off your site for a little while. But! I encourage EVERYONE who wants/needs a fabric fix to check it out. I have to say pictures, though, cannot do the lushness of the colors or the tactile senses justice. You gotta "have it" in your hands!

Thanks for the ideas for a mini orchard in Oakhurst. You can bet I'll try. And, as for leaving the lemon and peach trees behind ... I'm guessing they will be part of the curb appeal here. Along with the jasmine, bougainvillia, roses and other lovely flowers that I've managed to make blossom along the sidewalk. The jasmine is absolutely heady with it's scent.

And, gf, CONGRATULATIONS on the full scholarship. I know you deserve it. Good going! I'm very happy for you.

Chocolate Kisses ...

Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  6:06:13 PM  Show Profile
Nancy, tell Kari she made me LOL! What a cutie!

Patty a truck driver?? So was I! Not long haul but I worked for a company that fixed semi's and if they had to be brought into the shop I drove. I have grown Swiss Chard for a couple of years now but have not thought about ground cherries. Will have to see if they will grow in Maine.

Darly - LOL about the seed packs! I decided on the stevia for David but I've never cooked with it, although I don't cook much, he does.

Kathryn, didn't you see the news? You can now bring all the weapons you want on a plane! Just sew a second pocket apparently, lol. Also, you can get a head start on the rest of us, here's your buggies, lol!

(This pic was actually taken about a month ago at an auction that LOTS of Amish go to!)

Well, it's taken me an hour just to get here (while watching The Big Bang Theory)! So, I'm going to go and try and just read to catch up. Have a great night ladies!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com
www.etsy.com/shop/cybertiques

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  6:37:52 PM  Show Profile
I finally organized my sewing and crafts, made more room so I have an area to work. Our house is so small, my craft area is in my diningroom.Have to clear the table each day so we have a place to eat.
Debra, hope your husband gets back to normal real soon. Love the bookmark.
Penny, hope you are having a wonderful time. Love that bowl!!!
Ginny, your daughter sure is an artist. So talented. Love the picture of the Amish wagons. I have a great respect for the Amish and the simple lifestyle that they live.
Nancy, Love the journal. Looks like it took you awhile to do.The quilt is beautiful!!!! Is that pigs on the border? Cute.
Patty, hope your back heals soon. Seems if you have a back ache, your whole body hurts. No fun at all. Do be careful and don't push yourself. What are ground cherries? Do the grow right away and come up every year?
Kathryn, Let us know how the flowers turn out. Sounds like it is something I would want to do.
Glenda, Good luck with your surgery. I know you will feel so much better once it is all behind you.
Marianne, That pain dr. sounds like the quacks we have around here. Hope you find someone that will help you. Making paper flowers sounds like alot of fun.
Darlys, I also have the same problem with the text on every other page. Weird. Though it was beacause I have my computer set at 125% so I can read it better. The blossoms and lemons are gorgeous!!!We don't have any kind of blossoms here until April and May.
Dianne, I like the name Hearth and Stone.
Holly, Maple syrup is alot of work, but so good.
Chris, love the birdhouse. The totems sound interesting.
Meow, Welcome the the funny farm!!!! Where are you from?
Thelma, Your day trips to Mn. sounds like a good time and very informative.
Judy, we have had alot of wind also. But, that is helping to dry off the melting snow. We are still in the 20s here, but there is eat in the sun to melt the snow.
Bunny, Hoping your son gets the job. Congratulations on the scholarship. You have worked hard and deserve it.
I think I finally caught up with everyone. Have a wonderful evening,
Janet

Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  7:45:16 PM  Show Profile
Trip to Dr this morning. Confirmed a ruptured disc. Pain meds, anti-inflammatory, and muscle relaxers for 3 weeks. Will see if it dies down. I will leave hubby at home the next time. He talked too much and told the Dr. too much. He told the Dr that I do way too much, like "build quail coops and climb up on roofs". The Dr. asked him why he didn't do it, so I didn't have too...lol.. HA! That will teach him to be quiet.
Jake has been released to go back to work but must wear his leg brace. He will still have another surgery in a couple of months. But at least he is alive and well. :)
I fixed dinner tonight for hubby's Masonic Lodge meeting. He said it was a hit. Not many leftovers. I also canned some beef roast today that I got on sale. First attempt at canning beef. I hope it is good! We have more chickies hatching out and tiny, tiny quail. The quail are so cute. We will take some of the chicks to the auction on Sat. if I have not sold them before then. We are keeping all of the quail.

Bunny- Awesome that you got the full scholarship! One less worry down the road of life. :)

Darlys- The pics are lovely. I just received a package from a friend in Florida. She sent me 3 of the biggest lemons I have ever seen! Oh, and my 3 pot crockpot has 3 1.5 qt pots... almost too small to be real useful. :( And I drove a big rig...to California and back every week for a couple of years. :) I am so glad you are healing well and can travel again. :)

Ginny- I drove a truck for about 15 years. I drove over the road the first few years. The last 10 years I drove locally. I can back a rig up better than most men...lol.

Kathryn- I had plenty of help with the chickens. My mama and my cousin helped. So it made for light work. :)

Nancy- Zucchini as a rolling pin...too funny. I can actually picture that! The bookmark is beautiful!

Marianne- I have a motorcycle that I ride frequetly. Just not this week. :( Weather has been nice enough to ride, but until I can get my back in better shape I won't be riding much. Oh, And I wish I could take credit for the beautiful journal...but it was made by Nancy. Thanks for the "Spring forward" reminder.

Meow- Hubby had both of his knees replaced a year ago (the same time.) I think when they are done at the same time recouping is easier as you don't favor any knee. He has done great!

Glenda- Thanks for reading my blog. I am glad you enjoy it. Oh, and I have a 4 wheel drive pick-up truck. But I never think to put it in 4 wheel drive. Though this winter we have had very little use for it. Hubby drives and old beater truck that belonged to his dad. We have a "Sunday go to meetins" car, but I rarely drive it. I like my little chevy truck. Like they say..."Sorry boys, Trucks are for girls".

Janet- Ground Cherries are from the tomato family. They are sweet and delicious.

Well, off to finish cleaning up the kitchen. To bed early and up early to go get produce. I am so going to try not to buy extra produce and take a week off...lol.

My Crock Pot

A new quail chick, only 1/2 way out of his shell.

Patty #1840

http://ladygonegreen.blogspot.com/

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  8:48:51 PM  Show Profile
Ok, Patty, you do know that you are doing more than most perfectly healthy people do on their best days with a ruptured disc!! Please slow down some -- you are making me tired just thinking about all you do! lol And jealous! I do hope you feel better with the rest and medication. Love the hatching quail picture. It looks like a greeting card it is such a perfect photo. The spreckled eggs, you just can't make anything as beautiful as Mother Nature.

Kathryn - I agree with you on the importance of using everything you have in your arsenal to feel OK. Pilates has been very helpful in keeping pain in check and my flexibiity, much like your yoga! I was born on the 14th of December, which day in January were you born? You can call me "sis" anytime you'd like.

Meow - Welcome! Tell us more about you.

Bunny - A million congratulations or should I say a thousand congratulations. You must be so proud to have your hard work recognized. Such good news. Your material is gorgeous. I don't quilt, but I still want it all!! I have also heard that Trader Joe's has a very good reputation for treating their employees well. Hope your son hears good news soon.

Friday I get my hair cut. I wear it pretty short although I have noticed many of my new friends (Bunny, Glenda, Penny, Holly, Judy) all wear their at or almost at their shoulders. Lots of different haircolors, too! We are a diverse group! Anyway, shorter short hair for me in the morn! Always feels good to have a fresh haircut.

OUr gas prices are still below $4 a gallon, thank goodness. I have a Suburban with a 41 gallon gas tank. Yep, the gas nozzle will shut off at $100 at most stations if I have let the tank get low enough to need more than 25 gallons - which is just a bit under half a tank left. The Suburban gets about 18 miles to the gallon,unless we are towing the horse trailer, with or without horses.Then it can be as low as under 10 miles to the gallon. Ouch. But the last time we pulled the horses was when we moved here. They are my daughters horses and she rides them here on our property and our friends' property.

Looking forward to hearing from you all tomorrow.
Marianne

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2012 :  9:18:08 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! DH and I had a good time at the birthday dinner for his sister. We went to a steak house. Can't go wrong there. lol Then we went to this really nice mall in the next town and walked around.
They had a really nice Kitchen Store that we both enjoyed looking thru. Not too many of those left anymore. That's strange too because they use to be the in thing. They were in every town. I just love kitchen gadgets and I miss all the stores that use to be everywhere. I went to a Native American store that had lots of leather stuff(smelled heavenly)and treated myself to a new purse. They were having a 20% off sale so it was a good buy.It's deep green. I don't think I've ever had a green purse....ever!
Darlys, I always envied your being able to go out and pick a lemon. I'm sure you can grow one in a pot. I read that in a magazine. Your peach blossoms are such a deep pink. We have a 3 year old peach tree that has lighter pink blossoms. Maybe this year we can actually get some fruit off of it bigger than ping-pong balls. *giggle*
Bunny, good for you. Congrats on getting that scholarship!!! *does the Snoopy dance for ya*
Patty, I'm so happy for Jake going back to work. I'll bet he's ready.
Well, it's time for bed.
The wind has died down finally. It kept me awake last night. I hope I sleep good tonight! *yawn*
Nite Buds!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2012 :  05:57:19 AM  Show Profile
good morning! i love looking at the pictures of the lemon and peach trees. don't have anything like that where i live. years ago, my mom and i would travel by car to Phoenix, az to visit relatives and they had 3 grapefruit and 2 lemon trees in their yard. when we left, we filled every available space with those two items to bring back to tx. those were the best grapefruit and the lemons were as large as the grapefruits sold here. now we don't travel much at all. i am taking here to lampasas next tuesday (Lord willing). got out of the shower wrong last night and pulled a hamstring in the same leg i have been fighting bursitis! ouch! ouch! ouch! will admit to just sitting on the toilet and bawling a few minutes. am at work now and the guys are helping me as much as possible. weather has turned cold and very wet. but that is ok, we need the rain - was in a terrible drought last summer which is one reason why my garden did not grow.
judy, would love to see the green purse. my mom has a leather purse that she hides from me. my dad bought it for her for some reason that she has never told me and i just love it.
bunny congrats on the scholarship! you go gf
marianne, so glad to hear another one of us wear short hair! i was feeling kind of alone there and haven't had my hair cut for that reason but i am thinking about getting it done now. will have to in a hurry, my hairdresser is pregant and won't be able to cut it this summer.
well better get to work. won't be here next week will miss talking and reading about all of you!
hugs
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page