Cooknnana
True Blue Farmgirl

213 Posts

Kathryn
Chandler OK
USA
213 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  8:17:47 PM  Show Profile
Well, sisters, that's it for me too. Have a great weekend all and I'll talk to again on Monday. I miss you gals already.

If there is a will, there's a way; find your way!

Sister #3282
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  9:42:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Just quick note...I understand Scoliosis, Mom said Dr said way back then(Army Dr) mine wasn't bad enough, but Momma caught it when I was young because she sewed all my clothes and she would have to fix the back of my clothes due to the curve in my spine...I was lucky that she could fix things so they fit me...I have been told by the chiropractor that I should have it check again but what in the world you going to do at my age but just put up with it...But I don't think mine is anywhere as bad as all of yours...we have arthritis really bad in my family and my older brother that passed away in 2010 had Ankylosing spondylitis (pronounced ANK-ki-low-sing spon-di-LIE-tis) is a lifelong autoimmune disease — and form of arthritis — that causes inflammation, pain, and stiffness mainly in the spinal joints. It had crippled him and his neck joints fused themselves and him chin was on his chest by the time he passed. Mom had bone spurs with arthritis in her back..me I have it in all joints first found in my ribs of all places...found them when I was training to be a surgical tech. My younger brother, the one with cancer had it in his back as well and so does both of his sons, one of them on disability at the age of 20. Well that's part of my story. So like Kathryn said lets end on a happier note...DH and I are doing great as far as our relationship is going...the money thing is still a struggle but at least our relationship is better...thank you all for the prayers....he is making me smile everyday again...

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  9:49:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Tomorrow I am going to go back to my post before this one and respond to ya'll so don't think I've over looked ya'll tonight...so see ya tomorrow...love ya'll bunches....

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1414 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1414 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  06:41:16 AM  Show Profile
Hi! Everyone ,
Today I can join this wonderful group . Exciting right? Yes it's.
Ruthie Ann

http://simpleindianagirl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  09:34:46 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Ruth Ann. Yes, it is exciting and we are so happy to have another sister. We laugh together, pray together, and sometimes just hold hands and try to get through the rough patches together.

Hey, gfs, I have had so much time on my hands waiting around for these doctors to make up their minds what to do with me, not feeling well enough to take on any projects, and anyway it's raining, so the past couple of days I've been fooling around with trying to start a blog. I think I have settled on gypsyglenda.com Can't believe it was available but says it is. I'm just getting started so any advice would be so welcome. I was on one that was blogspot.com, then google said I should buy a domain name for $10, so I did that, and now it looks like it is just www.gypsyglenda.com

Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  10:08:37 AM  Show Profile
Just a quick hello to everyone. Another beautiful day here in northern Iowa. Infact I opened up our 3 season room and Darwin and I havd coffee out there. I know I will have to close the doors again tonight, but the skylights are letting in enough sun to warm it up. In fact it is very cozy. Since this is one of our favorite spots in the house it is special to be out there again.

Holly, I love the idea of walking somewhere. I would love to do this, but am not good at this kind of organization. I hope someone out there can come up with a plan.

Yes Glenda, I am the retired teacher. I am awful at spelling. I learned to read when phonics first became popular, but the program was not good at the time. I always spell words like they sound. When I was teaching I lived in fear that someone would discover my inability to spell. I use the dictionary and spell checker a lot.

I have an idea for a Dotee doll for our group. Let me make one and then I'll post it. I think we should start a pool to see who wants to make and share a Dotee or to. Fun! It would be fun to see how many different states I could send to and recieve from, or just send if you don't care for this type of crafting.

Take care everyone. taa taa

Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  12:33:57 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Ruth Ann or do you prefer Ruthie Ann? We are so happy to have you. I am a longtime member --since December!! But you will get to know us quickly,

Glenda- Love your blog! Your grandson is gorgeous and you are certainly a pretty lady yourself! Working on your blog ought to make the time fly.

Thelma - can't wait to hear your dotee doll idea. Count me in.

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  2:21:21 PM  Show Profile
OK "you might be a redneck if"------------- you duct tape two plastic Folgers coffee cans together to make a newspaper delivery box. giggle I haven't gotten a Sunday paper for a long time because no one has put up the extra thingie that papers are to go in now that we can no longer use the US mailiboxes for anything but US mail. We will see if this will do the trick. If not I will cancle the paper. The silly thing is that I get the daily paper in the US mailbox because the mailman delivers it. Funny how the mailbox belongs to me and I pay postage when I send thing, but it's not mine on Sunday mornings. Junk mail is fine but a Sunday paper isn't? Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Well taa taa from a gal with coffee cans wired to her mailbox poke. giggle
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  2:25:54 PM  Show Profile
Hey everybody, I am about to beat the pants off Glenda with a post that will go "over the rainbow," and although I'm posting now - I'm not finished as I have (I see) three or more more pages to read and respond to. I sure hope I caught up with you all because I feel like such a slug. If I missed anything please know it was just me fading out ...

Ruby - Am starting my first Dotee Doll after getting a Get Well Dotee Doll from Nancy. Thanks for the overview and the link. Wow, that was inspiring -- and long! (Thank you for the sweet valentine.!) Thelma, how about a picture of your first Dotee Doll?

Becky - congratulations on new grandbaby. Nothing sweeter than a sleeping/smiling/cuddly baby.

Glenda ... you are on top of my "tell it like it is, girlfriend" list. You are so right about "acceptable/unacceptable" behavior. And, right on the money about cussing, too! Say, babe, I forgot to mention that - and it may be that you haven't had anyone tell you, that you should knock off the Ibuprofen and switch to Tylenol for any pain at least 10 days before surgery.

Betty, I'm wondering how the "boys" at the Masonic Lodge are doing without you. Any updates? Bet they are sorry!

Judy ... Good picture. I have gotten up to go look for something (pen, coffee cup, etc.) that had been sitting right in front of me when I got up to go look for it. Brain Burp! And what a sweet package you sent to Penny. You are one uber-thoughtful farmgirl.

Oh Bunny, I'm sorry to take so long to respond to you. My surgery was a hysterectomy, complete with bladder lift and wall repair. 3-1/2 hours ... but I came through with flying colors. I'm down for a count though. Still get tired so easily. It's been just over two weeks ... and I may have (just a tiny tad) pushed the envelope ... but it is so hard to stay put. DH says now he's going to make me continue recovering for 2 more weeks! That means I better not try to do laundry or iron or bake again. (I didn't do the dishes or anything like that though!)

Did I tell you how beautiful those crocheted flowers are? I wish I had the gift of crocheting. Just never got the hang of it. But I am an admirer. I think the quality of your creations speak for itself. I hope your pet business takes off for you. And, about school, way to go, girlfriend!

Do you have any Easter themed or Easter (spring) "look" fabric in your basement? If so, I would love for you to pick out about 8 yards and I could pay you $12 a yard (plus) postage. You may be able to get 8 yards into one of those flat rate boxes. Let me know,

Penny, good for you girl. (I used to say "quitting is easy - I quit several times") Don't be hard on yourself for a lapse. Just start over and keep on going. Did I tell you I gave it up for Lent about 30 years ago now - and that was when the quitting stuck. Never picked it up again. (Course, that time, I prayed it would be easy - and God listened.)

Janiee -- Ahhhh, fabric therapy! Sounds like my kind of website. Thank you for the nudge in that direction. Sorry to hear about your boss' difficulties. He is lucky to have you nearby to lean on a bit. Sounds like he's a good person - and so are you.

Patty - my tummy started rumbling when I read your bread recipe link. Want to make it soon. I think that is the same link Penny posted later. Must be really good. Just sent DS downstairs to make me some toast. Not the same - but will take the edge off. I'm sorry your cousin toook that fall. It sounds awful. And then your friend's father's passing away. And your trips to the Farmer's market? I'm riding shotgun, gf! BTW the picture of the twins is so precious. I just adore them - just like that. Oh, and I'm with you and Betty on Lemon Curd ... I could eat it with a spoon right out of the jar. And I'm, along with you and Judy, a Rosemary & Thyme fan. Been getting the DVDs from Netflix.

Dianne - Just curious about where in Minnesota your DS & DIL are going to. I'm originally from Duluth and lived many years in the Twin Cities area. So glad you survived your teen-y weekend. You were well rewarded with that warm oil treatment. Bet it made it all worthwhile! . Prayer petitions on your behalf -- from my lips to God's ears. What a fun Heart Attack on your SUV. (If only all heart attacks were so light "hearted")

Nancy ... Love the pillow! Love Dotees. Am not loving mice and rats so much. Talk soon, gf.

Marianne -- you wouldn't like tree squirrels left for you either. Neighbor's cat decided to leave us a gift of a tree squirrel on the front porch in Oakhurst. Thank you, God, that great granddaughter Emma (11), was visiting. She scooped it into a pail and took it away down the driveway and buried it by a rock. We planted a little flag over it's "grave" and bid it a fitting farewell to tree squirrel heaven. Ugh. My DS cleaned off the porch real good. It was icky. I told Willie (the cat) that I appreciated the sentiment but that he should really bring his gifts to his own home. Perhaps he understood. We haven't received any offerings since.

Loved your SW heart swizzle stick story. What a honey of a hubby to carry it on. And I just gotta mention that my DH gave me a heart shaped box of See's chocolates along with a heart shaped pillow for V Day. Keeping the hearts and chocolate themes going. We are about on the same page with measuring weeks by the work week and enjoying a no plans weekend. I love your thought to create a Farmgirlie Doll. (And, your "explanation" of the origin.)

When DH & I had lasik surgery for our eyes they only corrected one of mine so I have good distance vision in one eye and the other for close & mid-range. they balance each other and it works really well. Now, though I find I need 1.25 drugstore glasses to read easily. We were told when we had the surgery that our eyes would continue to "age" normally and that this would probably happen. So, I have about a dozen drugstore glasses strewn all over the place between Cupertino and Oakhurst. Judy, are you listening?

Hey Susan, loved your pot post! It was inevitable that someone would get stuck in Rio. But I'm betting it wasn't accidental. Do I hear a cabana/pool boy begging you to go back with him for Carnival? You tart, you. (Wish I'd scheduled the surgery in a different lifetime. I'd be there with you.) Well, your DH, probably doesn't mind as long as the boy takes care of the yard work while he "visits."

Holly -as usual, you engage my brain. Thx 4 mking me think! I think a virtual walk cross-country would be quite an experience! If you start out west you could begin in Oakhurst exploring Yosemite Ntl Park - head up toward Oregon & Washingon, move across to Idaho, etc. Say I could just picture your little guy with the tomatoes. Here in Cupertino I had a lovely crop of tomatoes growing out front by the mailbox. We are up against "open spaces" (Santa Cruz mountains) and year before last the deer just made this complex their own. They came and helped themselves to my tomatoes and the ones they didn't eat they took bites out of and spit the rest on the sidewalk. --- Then they came up and banged on the window demanding placemats fine china, silverware and napkins! The nerve! Anyway, I got no tomatoes ... and haven't tried again since.

We had snow in Oakhurst Wednesday. My next door neighbor texted me that Larry shouldn't worry about watering as the ground should be good. I think I'm going to try to get some Redbird of Paradise to grow, Glenda. I see I can order some seeds online. Sure worth a try - they are gorgeous!

Janet ... mmmm.... pork chops and cinnamon rolls. Oh, I must also thank you for your lovely Valentine. You are a sweethert.

Thelma (and others) according to the USDA Oakhurst is in zone 8b --- I don't know the difference between zones 8, 8a and 8b ... or even if there is a zone 8c! So Glenda, you and I have about the same climate for our outdoor adventures. My thing (when we get moved up there)will be to plant for zone 8 ... and check with the neighbors about their successes & failures.

I know the satisfaction of finally finishing a quilt and I know the frustration of almost finishing and runnning out of border fabric! So glad you got your fabric and your quilt is almost finished! I am impressed - you donated a quilt that netted $350! Super! Hope this one does as well.
I always enjoy reading your posts. Glad you are back but sorry you had technical problems. I guess my son - who won't even let me fire up on Facebook - may be right about the gremlins and security issues that lurk out there in cyberspace. But, gee, without it, I wouldn't have MJF girlfriends. I'm thinking I may have to exercise my mom-card and insist he be okay with Facebook ... at least so I can get on Pinterest and such. Speaking of exercising ... if WW works for you - you go for it. I'm not disciplined enough. but admire those who can work the program.

Kathryn, your porch enclosure project sounds like a great idea. But your weather sounds fickle. I lived in OKC area a bit over 50 years ago ... don't remember much except red dust. I sympathize about mobility - I can get down but getting up ain't easy. i like the table and pots suggestion from Kim.

Glenda, I love your photos -- you know that! You look just like a spunky little girl with your doll and your gorgeous furbabies. Ed is a handsome dude, babe ... no wonder you keep him around. Considering what you may be putting him through though -- he must be tough, At least tough enough to handle you, gf. (I keep smiling at Marilyn's quote.) He is obviously enjoying the "thousands of women" enticement. The pics are great. Love your posts, love your pictures ... Little Sis, you can take up all the space you want in my book. We all agree that Meigan is gorgeous ... and so are your berries. BTW, I googled Mason and got an air view -- but because you have a p.o. box I couldn't zero in on where you live. We'll have to chat about that. And about your blog ... I just read where you got your link --- and visited, and subscribed. I'm thinking about starting a blog, too. But, at the moment, don't know where to start.

Okay girlfriends ... I will pick up again in a day or two. Just had a wonderful chat with Nancy and have a project to start. And, I am now going to start reading where I left off.

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

Chocolate Kisses ...

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  2:35:12 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Marianne! Gosh, that means people are actually going to see my blog--I better think of something important to say!!
Thelma, count me in also, I cant wait to see what you come up with. I'm really glad you are the idea gal--and, Thelma, tisk, tisk about the spelling!

I go to the 3rd Doc on Monday and I sure hope I will have some clue of when these surgeries are going to happen, hope I have time to go home and gather up some of my craft stuff, I am having serious withdrawals. Even Pinterest doesn't help, I finally broke down and went out in the rain to jerry's artarama and would you believe they were closed due to a power failure. So I went to half price books and found a really cool little art set for a few dollars, so I'm back in business sort of. An art teacher once said you can make art with anything that will make a mark, don't get all hung up on fancy supplies, so I'm about to find out. There will be some homemade bday cards going out soon.

BTW my brother goes in for another chemo on Monday also, I know you gfs prayers are mighty powerful, so I'm asking for them again on his behalf.

Okay, Darlys, I am sick and tired of you lollygagging around, get back on here. We miss you.

I actually sent Brian with MJF a note asking if we could get spell check, I wish I had thought to ask for a little smiley face that means "I'm just teasing you, dontcha know"

Glenda #3534
http://www.gypsyglenda.com
Go to Top of Page

debra e
True Blue Farmgirl

261 Posts

Debra
Georgia
USA
261 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  3:48:18 PM  Show Profile
Dear Farm Gals,
I haven't been on this post since page 172.(Sat.Jan 14th)and I don't know the goings on of what y'all have been up to. But I wanted to touch base and let you know what has been going on with me so I can try and jump back in with all the gals.
On Monday Jan 16th hubby woke me up at 2:30 in the morning saying something was wrong. He was trying to crawl to the bathroom for he was very sick. He couldn't get up.Something was wrong with him and we had to call the ambulance. They took him to the ER and was treating it as the flu. The room was spinning and he was seeing red rings and being physically sick. They did all the scans to see if he was having a stroke and even did a MRI brain scan for a tumor. Everything checked out. Then they started treating him for the common vertigo and still was not responding to medication. He was admitted the next day and after 3 days of him being sick, unresponsive to meds, iv's, oxygen and whatever else was used on him the dr's were at a loss on what was going on with him. Then A specialist came in to consult and large doses of steriods were given straight into his system with valium to calm the body down so that it may respond to this treatment. It worked and hubby started to come around. A few days later he was able to leave the hospital using a walker and not being able to focus his eyes. (His eyes had become so light sensative and his head was very swimmy that he couldn't stand up or walk)
Hubby is an active, Happy, 61 year old. Never sick and had never been in the hospital. He was constant motion from the time he woke up till the time he went to bed. What has happened has shocked everyone. It came out of the blue. He is never sick.
We went to a neurologist and he told us how stumped they are of what went on. The dr said that hubby had a virus that violently attcked his nerve system in his head and left ear, (because of him not being able to walk or see)No antibiotics or pennicillian could touch it. It was very bad.
He is doing better now. He stopped using the walker after about a week and slowly the eyesite has come back. He is still swimmy in the head, slow thinking, and stumbles a bit but each day he is getting stronger.(and to think that he walked 4 miles every morning with his buddies )
I will have to admit I see a change in him though. He appreciates the little things that he can do for this that happened brought him to his knees (and not that he needed that for he is a humble man)but we take things and our health for granted. This has all been so strange and because of a virus.
Now... you know what I have been doing. Life has been a little hectic lately but I am hoping to get back in the swing of things. Being part of this group is so fun and helpful.
I want to thank Thelma and Jan for sending the Valentine cards. They came at a good time for me. These little things can mean so much. I don't know if we all realize that.But then maybe we do and that is why we are farm girls.
Thinking of you all tonight

debra e

Farmgirl Sister

Edited by - debra e on Feb 18 2012 3:49:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  3:55:47 PM  Show Profile
Debra e, so sorry to hear what has been happening in your life for the past month. I do hope your husband makes a full recovery. I will pray for him,and also for you so your life can get back to normal and you can again relax without worry.
I am glad the valentine came at a good time for you. Know that we farmgirls stick together and are here for you through thick and thin!!!
Hugs, Janet

Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  5:05:28 PM  Show Profile
Debra E---I am so, so sorry for what you and your husband have been going through. Prayers for sure now that we know-----I wish we had known so this group could have been praying for you the whole time. I was trying to think of who we were missing, but somehow I overlooked you. So thankful your hubby is recovering - we just never know from one day to the next what twists and turns our life will take, do we.
Darlys, I don't know how your post got ahead of mine, it was not there when I posted. Welcome back darling darlys, it just isn't the same here without you. No I did not know about the ibprophen prior to surgery, thank you so much for telling me that, I will knock it off tonight. I wonder what it does? Is it a blood thinner, or?? I've been taking it every night for months.
The Red Bird of Paradise is also called Poinciana in some areas but the Texas Gardner calls it the Red.......the freeze kills it back but it comes up from the roots every year--mine have been coming back for 13 years I have lived out there. Darlys you sure did a good job of answering everybody - I missed some - we are just a real chatty group, thats one reason I love it so much. However, Holly did not post last night so we might have to give her a shout...she's probably doing hers right now.

Thelma, what you said about the mailbox is funny but also true (the part about you own it and they tell you what you can/not put in it) as far as the way you rigged it up, heck, I woulda done the same thing ----- out here we use baling wire to fix everything. If it can't be fixed with baling wire or duct tape it ain't worth fixin.
Darlys, Holly got me thinking about that virtual exercise, too. Don't know for sure how that would work because I've been watching excercise videos on tv for years, and haven't lost a pound.

Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Feb 18 2012 5:24:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  5:26:14 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! We had low 40's, windy but sunny today. I ran some errands and was glad to get back home....that wind was bitter. We might get snow tomorrow, but only an inch.
Glenda, Ed is so funny. Loved your doggie pic too. I wanna run my fingers thru herhair, it looks so silky soft. haha
Holly, wasn't that snake pic just chilling. I can't imagine running into something that BIG!!! I'd fant! *ewwww*
Hi Penny! I'll tell Mama you said "Hi." Poor Mama is so hoarse and congested. I'm glad she's healthy every other way (also Ornery)so she can fight this.She'll get past this,Lord willing!
I wish it would really snow, since DH is off Mon thru Weds.It's nice to be home with him, when we have no place special to go. *giggle*
Well, time for a cuppa and movie time with the Hubby!
Byeeee!

...ooops...somehow I skipped the last page, and had to come back.
Darlys, it doesn't matter how many glasses you buy, there's comin'a time when you won't be able to find narrie(is a word, yes?)a pair! LOL
Debra, so sorry to hear about your hubby. I'm glad he's on the mend though. I'll pray for him!
Penny, love the yo-yo's. And I won a gift basket from the OK pastry lady about a year ago. Mine had tea, scone mix and a tea difuser in it. It was all good!
Ok, now I'm done. hahaha
Byeeee!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"

Edited by - herblady55 on Feb 18 2012 5:50:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  8:22:31 PM  Show Profile
Darlys- HOw nice to hear from you. Hope you are following the rules so that you can heal completely!

Debra - So sorry to hear of your husband's illness. How scary to have it come on so quickly and with such scary symptoms. You are both in my prayers. Please keep us posted!

Thelma- Gotta do what works, right? Coffeecan gets the Sunday paper to you, then a coffee can it is! Don'tcha just hope that someone says something to you about it?

Until later gals!
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2012 :  03:02:32 AM  Show Profile
Glenda - I am an official follower.
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2012 :  06:08:06 AM  Show Profile
Good morning.

Welcome Ruth Ann. It is good to have you with us. Join right in and tell us about yourself. We are wonderful listeners and will be here for you.

Glenda I like the blog name. It fits you since you are going back and forth, here and there, to so many places lately. I like the gourd doll parts you have made so far. The hands are so neat. What did you use to make them. How do you prepare the gourd? I love making dolls.]

I am praying that the surgeons hurry up and make up their minds about your surgery. Seems like they are having some trouble getting together on the times. About the ibuporphen, yes, I think it is a blood thinner and also be sure not to take any asprin, vitamin E or fish oils before a surgery. I will be checking out your blog to see what is on there. I loved seeing the pictures of Ed. One good looking fella you got there girl! You two make a great looking couple. :)

Thelma I was a school teacher also. I taught kids with learning problems mostly. Funny, but I am not a good speller either and it seems to get worse all the time. I am using that dictionary more and more. I, too, learned to read without phonics and I remember the teacher telling me to just look for the little word in the big word. So when I saw the word "together" I pronounced it to..get..her. LOL I learned phonics when my DD was in kindergarten learning to read the phonics way.
I thank you for your offer to make the Dotee Doll and share it. Sounds good to me. I like your idea about sending them to the differents states. That newspaper delivery box comment is funny. When I got paper delivery at my house you would think they could get it in the driveway at least. But...No... most of the time it landed on the sidewalk near the gutter. I complained and told them that when the kids on the bikes used to deliver they could get it near the house so what is with the guy in the car. Can't he get it on the driveway? I finally cancelled the paper all together.

Darlys I see you are on the computer and happy you are with us again. I miss you so much when I don't see you heer. I am happy for the days when you feel stong enough to be on. But with any surgery recovery some days are better than others. Did you start you list yet? See how many you can get. I can't find mine so I may have to start over again. Remember to behave and not do any work and keep resting.

Debra e I am so sorry you had to go through all that difficulty last month. What a scary time you and your husband had not knowing what was wrong and having all those doctors look at him. All those tests, too. Thank God he is getting better. I will pray for his continued recovery. You are right we do take our health for granted until something happens to it and then it becomes the most prized and precious thing we have. I learned that when I had Hepatitis C. We are here for you

Dianne the yos-yos are so pretty. I could never work a real yo-yo very well. My brother was a wiz at one. But these yo-yos I can do. Yours are so nice. I love reading about your bread and pretzel making, too.

We have been waiting for rain for days now. The skies are cloudy, the weather man is predicting rain everyday for this area but it hasn't come. What is going on up there in the sky??? What are the clouds waiting for? Mr. Thunderbolt? or Mr. Lightening? I think we need to call an old fashioned rainmaker.

I went to see the movie "The Artist" yesterday afternoon. The audience was made up of mostly older people. It was a wonderful silent movie which is up for best picture of the year. It is a beautiful film with a good story and as a classic movie fan it just hit the spot for me.

Marianne my oldest GD has scoliosis and went from a 17 degree curve to a 45 curve in 1 1/2 years. The first dr. tried to brace her at 12 years old but it didn't work for her and when my DD changed drs. my GD finally had surgery at age 14. She gained 2 inches in height. According to some nurses she was not supposed to dance but she continued to take dance lessons, majored in dance in college and teaches dance. She still has many pain and body issues due to the scoliosis. She is 22 now and a lovely young woman.
You and Kathryn share a bond that most people will never understand. I am so happy you are here with all of us sisters.

Have a beautiful day. Yooo Hooo Mr. Sun....where are you?

Hugs,

Nancy #2301

Make everyday a celebration of the heart.
Laughing is good exercise. It is like jogging on the inside.
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2012 :  06:41:54 AM  Show Profile
Ruthie Ann- Welcome to this charming, wonderful group of ladies. We hope you stick around.

Glenda- Love your blog! And a Lady named Dorothy created the DOTTEE dolls so I bet it is pronounced like the nickname Dottie for Dorothy...lol. My guess anyway. :) Will say an extra prayer for your brother tomorrow. Hopefull the chemo won't be too terribly hard on him. Hey, I love hats too!

Thelma- I think the Dotee Doll Exchange would be so much fun! What a great idea. And I think your idea for the newspaper "thingy" is creative and wonderful!

Debra- I am so sorry to hear about your husband. I hope he is well and back on his feet as good as new soon. What a toll on you both! We add you both to my prayer list. :)

Judy- I sure hope your Mama isn't under the weather for too long! Prayers her way!

Darlys- Hurry and get well and get back to yourself. Thought of planning a trip to Monterey soon, but I sure want to hold off until you feel better!

Penny- I am so enjoying your blog! And girl you will conquer those cigarettes. Just keep trying and don't give up.

I can't believe I have not been on here for 6 pages... I just read them, but my attention span this morning is just not what it should be. I have been so busy trying to get our quail coop built and all the baby chicks coming on. I had to get the brooders ready and still have 1 more hatcher to clean, disinfect and warm up.
Friday was produce day and there were few vendors at the Market as it is closed this weekend for St Louis Mardi Gras. One of my dear friends wanted us to pick her up a case of strawberries last week. She left them in her car overnight (the coldest night of the winter). Then this week she wanted me to complain to the vendor and try to get 1/2 of her money back for the strawberries as there were soft ones. GRRRR, I didn't complain. I can't complain about something that just is not right. Everyone else thought the strawberries were beautiful. I'll just give her $4 when I see her to make her happy. The case of strawberries were $8. So that is the first issue we have had. I won't pick up extras for anyone again. They will only get the assorted basket. Anyone wanting extra produce will have to ride along and do the shopping. Otherwise, it is doing great, and everyone is happy. I am loving it. I have dried so many apples and can snack on them constantly. I don't really care for fresh apples. I have dried broccoli, blueberries, onions as well.

My daughter goes in this week for some test. Her doctor seems to think she may have MS. So she is stressed and worried, and has us all worried. Hopefully, sometime between the eggs hatching, I can fly out there to Monterey Ca. Sad, but I feel I have to be here to take care of things. I can do it alone, but not sure hubby can...lol. He went out yesterday and collected eggs from the chickens, but doesn't bother to feed them. Huh, they need feed to lay eggs. Ya might as well feed them while you are out there, right? lol.
Well, off to fix breakfast. Have a wonderful day.

Baby Quail

Baby Pigeon

Patty #1840

http://ladygonegreen.blogspot.com/

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2012 :  07:16:53 AM  Show Profile
Just a quick couple of comments I am doing this on my nook and still
Learning it and afraid I will lose everything
Patty great to hear from you I love all the pics you post and love your blog
i have just now figured out how to "follow" so am trying to do that'.
I am trying to figure out how to do columns, etc as I just jused a google template and it is very limited. Patty i need to figure out how you did yours. Marianne thanks for "following"
Nancy this gourd came already cleaned so I didnt have to do any prep to use it. The hands are just the armature which will be covered with clay SO far it is wire wrapped with floral tape
the armature for head and feet are tin foil wrapped w floral tape, then the clay is applied.
that pic was one I had on my computer and I realized that I have made her ears and completed carving of the gourd body so am a little further along. think i might move this to the blog and try to post my progress for anyone interested in gourd dolls this one wil obviously be an AFrican woman but i want her to hav
An air of elegance the personality is always the challenge in dollmaking I think

Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Feb 19 2012 10:00:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2012 :  07:20:42 AM  Show Profile
Thanks everybody for putting up with all my "learning curves" as I am obviously
electronically challenged as well
Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Feb 19 2012 07:22:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2012 :  08:17:03 AM  Show Profile
Patty - I am so sorry you have such a worrysome test going on with your daughter. I suppose she has been having symptoms for a while. Perhaps a diagnosis will be a relief, but my goodness MS sounds like a scary thing. My prayers are going out for her and of course, you.

Oh, and I would have been irritated about the strawberry complaint, too. I mean, really a case of berries for $8 delivered, that you then mishandled ... and you're gonna ask for money back. I agree with you, hope she enjoyed her last special request!!

Nancy - I am so glad to hear that your GD continues to dance! I'm sure she pays dearly to keep up her loved pasttime, but that just shows the strength of her character. My 24yo daughter also has scoliosis. (Believe me that news was more painful than any back malady!) She wore a brace for 4-1/2 years and has narrowly escaped surgery. Her ortho surgeon recommends against her having children because it would almost certainly make her back curve that little bit more that would require surgery and other reasons.

So, Patty reminded me that Tuesday is Mardi Gras. Who has special traditions? I'm Catholic so I was raised to concentrate on Ash Wednesday. Haven't gotten my ashes in a number of years, but since I've tried to be a fairly nice person, I've got to believe God is OK with it. I do look at Lent as a season to think of how I can serve others better. (This year I'm thinking everyone would be best served with an inspirational dotee doll. My cathecism teachers never said the "service to others" couldn't also be a bit "self-serving" LOL) I remember being a kid when the emphasis of Lent was more in the mood of giving up something, rather than taking on a new duty. I suggested to my mother that I could give up walking to the top of the levee to search for and retrieve the daily paper. It was quite a hike and could take some doing to find a paper in the tall grass. (We had no dogs at the time and I was the youngest.) Mom suggested something along the lines of the all time favorites: Give up sweets. Or television. She and my father usually chose that time to quit smoking and to put my older sibling on a diet. It was a very tense household for those weeks. At least the first few, until everyone cheated and then felt guilty and let me watch tv! Ah! Memories of a classic Catholic upbringing! :-)

We did get lovely See's Easter baskets. My goodness they were so gorgeous in pastel colors with lots of tulle and bows. I always saved my candy and it always disappeared. I would rather look at the beautifully decorated eggs than eat them. I think I drove everyone crazy. When I tell my daughter about it she just says, "Yea. I would have taken it from you."

Thanks for listening ... I do get going, don't I?

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2012 :  09:51:37 AM  Show Profile
Darlys, so glad to see you back. Good that you are taking it easy after the surgery. Jealous about the bladder lift thought..lol. I had the surgery a few years back. I'll see what fabrics I have. I don't have anything that is particularly Easter related. Might have something floral? Plus I would never let you pay $12.00 a yard for it. I didn't charge that when I had my store open. I do have some fabrics online. You can check them out at www.bunnyroseco.com. I put the prices pretty low and shipping is free. I figured it was the only way to sell anything. However, not even takers for that. I may be taking the website down soon. I do have other fabrics I haven't put on the site. I'll look to see. Some bolts might have 8 yards but more like 4 to 6. Just depends.
I'll let you know.

Debra-e, what a terrible scare for you and your husband. I'm glad to hear he is on the mend. Too many mystery ailments out there.

Judy, hope your momma gets better soon. No fun to be sick. I bet you take good care of her. Mine is driving me nuts.

Patty, I hope your daughter is going to be OK and the test comes back negative. I know that doesn't help find out what's wrong, but MS is not a great confirmation. As with Debra-e's husband, there are lots of strange things out there to make us sick. Hopefully it will be something that can get better eventually.

I had a great day sewing yesterday. I finally used the embroidery software and module on my sewing machine. I used it to quilt the borders of my nephews quilt. Then I found a pretty crochet flower on line. So I'm figuring out how to make it. It looks like this.. (note this is not mine!) But mine is looking pretty good.

If you like to crochet, check out her website: http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/

Later everyone. Please stay healthy and if you are sick, hope you get better SOON!

Farmgirl number 3738

www.bunnyrose.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2012 :  09:56:21 AM  Show Profile
Patty, prayers for your daughter,and family--that the tests will turn out okay. somehow the drs always have to give you the worst possible scenario just as a CYA kind of thing. Let's hope and pray that is the case this time. Glenda #3534

Edited by - doll58maker on Feb 19 2012 10:03:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2012 :  10:55:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
Good Mornings Sisters, Ok starting on page 191 today so lets see how far I can get this morning.

Marianne, I like the idea of the farmgirlie doll...cute idea...I have had the best month, haven't I, such a blessing to have ya'll to share everything with. I love the Twisted Sister thing...made me smile...

Nancy, sorry you can't have wheat...maybe you can find something else to make the bread from, I have heard of other recipes that use no wheat...I love bread too...to much. lol...but got to have it sometimes. I think eating bread puts weight on all of us....so I try not to eat to much...I really shouldn't make it so much cause since DH can't move around as mush cause of his disability he shouldn't eat as much as he does. It is raining here today too...kind of yucky out but we need the rain so going to sit here and read today after I get off here. How did I miss that you were in Education too..dang...slow these days..but glad to know you aren't checking our spelling..lol.

Betty, I'm glad you made it home safe in the snow....I like it one day as long as it is gone the next...lol...I have walking onions and garlic planted but that is it so far. Next week going to start some seeds inside so they will be ready come outside planting time after the last frost.

Bunny, raining here today, which is Sunday...lol...I can't believe I got so far behind again. Good luck with the AARP grants..I'm sure it will work out for you. So, were you able to work on the quilt, any? Hope so. thanks for the website about the flower. Can't wait to see yours...

Kathryn, Ok, how are you doing today, staying on your healthy eating habit, I hate the word diet. I love your story about your little brother being born, but sorry that you lost him...I have 2 brothers 1 sister...my older brother died at the age of 57 in 2010. I got my little sister late too...I was pregnant with my oldest when Mom got pregnant with my little sister...funny story, maybe someday I will tell it...she is 6 wks younger than my oldest son. So I was out of the house when she came along. I also understand feeling isolated, I did too till I found ya'll..I can't believe you also have to go through scoliosis too...keep you all in my prayers. Oh I can't wait to see your book in print. I would love to get one for my sweet GiGi....I'm sorry you have had a bad day about your brother..you aren't alone we are here for you..love ya girl...I see where you said you live close to Oklahoma Pastry Cloth Company. Yep, small world..lol I used my cloth yesterday for some very wet dough and it didn't stick. I love it.

Glenda, I'm glad to hear your brother is wanting to fight now...that will help so much, as you know my brother is also fighting cancer...Chemo is so tough, I've seen it with my brother in his last round. Even tho his has come back I still believe he can go into remission again after these treatments, just as I believe your brother can go into remission after his...having the desire to get better makes all the difference. I will keep your brother in my prayers during his chemo Monday and you during your Dr. visit. I really hope that the Drs will get their acts together...I hope you don't have much pain but don't you just hate Dr. that don't listen to you and do what you feel is best for you? I can't wait to see your doll completed. I love your new blog, I also think the name fits you too...thank you for sharing...It is on my everyday read now...I'm glad you ask Brian about he spell check, I would love it too..

Patsy, sorry you lost your post, don't ya just hate that? but good to see ya

Ruthie Ann, so glad to have you join us...jump right in...

Thelma, My son started a new truck drivers job this week that took him to Iowa...his first time there...he said it was pretty with a lot of farms. Glad to know you aren't checking our spelling either...lol Can't wait to see the Dotee doll you make..I'm excited. I just love the paper can..lol...please post a pic for us to see...I love people that can make things out of stuff that we would usually throw away. I started using mine to put that bread dough in that can stay in the fridge...they work great.

Darlys, Hi girl...good to see ya, and don't you dare worry your pretty little head at fading out...we all understand, we just want you well...I have missed you bunches...please take care of yourself. I had a hysterectomy when I was 22 due to cancer and it is a tough thing to get over. Wow that was a long time ago. So please take it easy and don't rush it. I will continue to keep you in my prayers. And I want give up, I will beat this smoking thing yet. If you decide to get on Facebook stop by and see me...would love to have you with Glenda, Patty, Nancy and so many more...

Debra E., I am so sorry to here about your DH, oh my goodness what a scare. I sure hope he gets completely better soon. You are in my prayers

Janet, good to see you and thank you for the valentine, it made me smile.

Judy, I think I will write your Mama a short note and get well note too...she is the sweetest thing and I sure hope she gets well soon. I didn't know you won a giveaway from Oklahoma Pastry too...I got to tell ya I love the cloth...I really hope you get your tea and movie with DH...my DH and I watch American Idol together every week, it is the only thing we watch together...he watches all the news stations and Christian stations most.

Patty, I am glad you like my blog, it isn't fancy, it's just me...lol I love the pics...the babies are so cute...I agree that it isn't right about the strawberries either...why she would think she can complain after she is one that left them in the car...oh well, some people...I will keep your daughter in my prayers too...I sure hope everything comes back ok...

I think I got everyone, unless someone posted while I was writing this...wow...sorry it is so long...I do want to share a pic of my first time making homemade soft pretzels...and they were so good...sorry Nancy...lol

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2012 :  2:57:18 PM  Show Profile
Penny I loved your post - but I think just looking at that beautiful pretzel made my butt bigger!!

Prayers going out for your brother, too.

I looked back on my calender and my doctor diagnosed my problems on Jan 16th and told me to not wait longer than a month, and tomorrow will be Feb 20th. I am about to remember some of my special words, girls.

Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page