Page: of 218

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2012 :  09:43:54 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Hi there ladies,
Been able to read a few posts, but not finding the time to write. Just wanted you all to know that I giggle, wipe a few tears, pray and "feel" with you all. I'm an emotional mess right now, but I know "this to shall pass".

Nancy: you made me laugh out loud after I read your post about "being 3" that I had to read it to hubby. I'm going to start walking again too. Blaming it on everything, haha..that about covers it. tickles my funny bone to picture you walking around your house with the cat following. cats are funny people. :)

Glenda: Caregiving takes it out of you. DO take some time for yourself. Helping to take care of an elder lady's aunt in our neighborhood when I was raising 5 kids was plain hard, since after awhile the aunt had to be lifted from bed to potty chair and back again. Even had my oldest daughter helping me towards the end. There was no family around and no one to help the elder lady, who was also a retired nurse. It's hard mentally, physically and spiritually. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs n Prayers to all who need and want them. :)xoxo

Make my words soft and tender, for I may have to eat them. :)
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2012 :  11:25:02 AM  Show Profile
Glenda - I'm so glad you shared what's going on. You know we all care deeply and I love you so much. You shouldn't concern yourself with my surgery (Kaiser in Santa Clara - 2/3). I will be just fine. Im not suffering twice, before and after. If I have to suffer at all ... you will hear about it right here!

Judith - I just went through your pics on photobucket. They are great! That project was a lot - a lot! of work. You are still young enough to have the energy and muscle for that ... it would do me in! We are so glad you are here, gf.

Patty - No Bountiful Baskets in CA ... I'm not sure if there is something else now as Farmer's Markets around here are abundant - one somewhere nearby every day of the week.

I have to learn a bit more about my IPhone. I haven't experimented with apps yet. We bought an Apps for Dummies book - but this dummy left it in Oakhurst.

Am inspired by your refrigerator "system." I just have to find baskets that will work well as mine is a double door, freezer on the bottom. Ohhh - love the pic of the Happy Soup!

We had Swedish Meatballs, noodles & green beans last night.

Thelma - I pray your sewing machine is out of surgery and humming Beatle's songs. And I hope your cold is history quickly.

I'm bummed that you won't be going to Rio. But I'm sure your grandbabies will be delighted to have grandma all to themselves.

Penny - so glad you are "heeling." Now, I have to share my quit smoking story. I quit 30 years ago. Gave it up for Lent. I prayed quitting would be easy so I wouldn't cheat, and prayed that I wouldn't start again. Then I imagined Jesus going everywhere with me - and told myself that lighting a cigarette would mean I had to blow smoke in His face. WELL, long story short ... I had no desire to smoke when I woke up the first morning of my "quitting" - I actually forgot about smoking and had no desire when people smoked around me. Now, that wasn't the first time I had quit. I had attempted to quit several times - but that time it was easy and natural. Prayer answered. And I still praise God for that!

Bunny - I'm going to mention to DS, Eric, your schoolbook savings. He's up for a deal wherever he can get it.

I got a couple of sewing projects finished last week and now I have to regroup and, (#2 New Year's Resolution in the U.S.) get organized. (#1 is - lose weight/get in shape.) Okay, just made those up ... but I bet I'm right.

Holly, you are a stitch! I laughed so hard when you talked about telling your sons that when they got taller than you that they had to give you an allowance! You are so creative - how do you come up with these bits?!

I've never heard of Leslie Sansone ... but if Nancy has her videos, too, she must have something going. Both of you are so slender. (Envy) Maybe I'll have to acquire it. Maybe it will be the magic.

Size 3! Hey, I'm a size 3 (thanks to Chico's). I have exercise books of every persuasion, yoga and pilates DVD's ... but I guess one is supposed to actually DO the activities described. And here I sit .....

Dianne! Of course! Once again you have made my day! Of course there will be a dishy pilot and adorable stewards to tease!

And, you are so thoughtful. Although Glenda has a p.o. box and only picks up her mail periodically - I would think farmgirl cards could be a nice pick-me-up.

Patsy, It's good to see you. Hop on when you can. Sometimes life gets in the way of our posting - but I read it all - even when I can't take time to write. It's kinda like the back fence in the 40's.

Chocolate Kisses ....

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.
Go to Top of Page

doll58maker
True Blue Farmgirl

2259 Posts

G
TX
USA
2259 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2012 :  12:49:20 PM  Show Profile
hello my sweet friends. i still have not had time to read the back posts but just got back from the post office and have bunches of Christmas cards from all of you AND the latest MJ magazine, so I am settling in on my heat pad with my goodies and will have a little bit of heaven for the next few minutes anyway. my sis called and had to take my brother back to ER just now so I may have to leave at any time, so wanted to send in this little bit just in case i don't get back on. thank you so very much for the cards I can't wait to look at them. I thank God every day for Mary Jane Butters, without her I would not have this great blessing of you farmgirl sisters in my life.

Glenda #3534
Go to Top of Page

Acelady02
True Blue Farmgirl

1266 Posts

Penny
Washington GA
USA
1266 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2012 :  2:34:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Acelady02 an AOL message  Send Acelady02 a Yahoo! Message
All of you were the first people I thought of after getting off the phone with my younger brother. I don't know if any of you remember me telling about him having stage 4 colon cancer and cancer in his liver. He went through 13 months of Chemo and surgery which removed about a foot and a half of his colon. In Aug. 2010 he was told he was in remission. Well he just called to say that the cancer was back again in his liver. He has 2 spots and the Dr said he had 3 choices....Wait to see if it grows, biopsy to see ? not sure what and Chemo...he is starting Chemo again next week.... In 2009 when he was first told about his colon cancer and after the surgery he was told he only had 6 months to live...they said they didn't think Chemo would work because the cancer was so progressed...anyway...here we go again... Chemo took so much out of him last time and I really didn't think he would do it again. He has a 3 yr old granddaughter which is one of the reasons he hasn't quit.... I'm asking please if you would put him on your prayer list... My oldest brother died 3 days after my youngest brother was told he was in remission in 2010. So this is really tough on him because he has a small fear someone else he loves might die...he knows thats silly but he and our brother were very, very close....and he was very weak from all the chemo and drugs that it sent him into a deeper depression than he already was... But I hope the Chemo puts him back in remission this time too...thanks everyone....

(((((Hugs All)))))Penny

Farmgirl Sister #3343

God gives Miracles to those who Believe, Courage to those with Faith, Hope to those who Dream, Love to those who Accept, & Forgiveness to those who Ask...

http://ourgeorgiafarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2012 :  4:21:08 PM  Show Profile
Penny - I am so sorry to hear about your brother. I will certainly keep him in my prayers along with Glenda's brother and mother. I hope you can continue to stop smoking through this also. I quit 17 years ago when a friend of mine was pregnant and never looked back. However, I gained about 80 pounds which I have never take off! So don't start eating to make up for it! When people say to me "you must feel healthier" I still wonder if that's true! I think I was healthier when I was thin because I could do so much more yet I know my lungs are healthier now, lol.

I'm ready for this trip and you girls can bring extra things if you need to. I'm going to be like the main character in Douglas Adam's book The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Gallaxy and bring only a towel. Well, my towel and my iPhone. I too need to learn how to use it. So you should have room for your extras. I think I can read on my iPhone so I don't even need to bring a book!

DH back from Mason's now so better get moving here. Have a great night ladies and I will keep everyone in my prayers that need to be!

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com
www.etsy.com/shop/cybertiques

"I always have a wonderful time, wherever I am, whomever I'm with."
"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2012 :  4:42:28 PM  Show Profile
Forgot - Yesterday the DH and I walked out back, because his goal is to be able to walk to our pond. So, we get to a small field behind our chicken coop and there are the five "friends" I've been enjoying since right after Thanksgiving. Thought you might enjoy them too.

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

"Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it." Both by Elwood P. Dowd (Jimmy Stewart) in the Movie Harvey
Go to Top of Page

darlystippie
True Blue Farmgirl

410 Posts

Darlys
Cupertino CA
USA
410 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2012 :  5:47:06 PM  Show Profile
Penny - I am so sorry to hear about your brother. I will most certainly keep him in prayer, too. Seems like troubles, like bananas, come in bunches. I'll pray things start improving in every aspect of your life.

Ginny - I didn't have to deal with the stop smoking/weight gain thing right away as I had enough stress going on to keep me thin back then. My father died, my mother had breast cancer and a botched mastectomy, I was going thru a nasty divorce, moving out (with an 8 year old son) and looking for a job - all within a couple of months. THAT was when I decided to quit smoking, too. Nothing like piling it on! Once life actually became "manageable" I started putting on pounds ... little by little. Along came menopause and now I'm 40 pounds over what I was when I was 40.

Love the pics of your feathered friends. I just took a short walk, too. I need to start somewhere .... especially if we are going to walk on the beach or go hiking. How about if I just walk TO the beach in Rio. Ahhh, I know I'd miss out on good stuff. Okay, I'm game for whatever y'all dream up. I'm warning you, though I'm a pretty good traveling companion, otherwise, I snore. So, are we all rooming together, do we have roomies, or do we have private accommodations? Hollleee?

Dianne - I meant to congratulate you on your new DIL - and somehow got sidetracked. Please know that all good wishes go out to the bride and groom. You don't need a big affair to seal the commitment. I'm so glad you are happy for them.

Think I'll start a pan of lasagna going for dinner. (Just checked and I have everything I need. No dash to the grocery store.)

Sister #3284 - on her Tippie Toes - oxox, Darlys

That is the best ... to laugh with someone because you both think the same things are funny.

Edited by - darlystippie on Jan 09 2012 5:50:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2012 :  7:12:30 PM  Show Profile
Good evening. It has been a good day, but is going to be a busy week. Tomorrow I make a 2 hour drive to pick up 6 pigeons. I could get them closer, but I enjoy the drive and love the older couple that raises them. Wed, I will mentor a young lady on her new sewing machine. Her mother, (one of my BFF's) bought it for her for Christmas. I ask Loretta what she was thinking, giving her daughter a new sewing machine and just turning her loose expecting her to be creative without some sort of guidance. Thurs. I will go pick up about 100 quail eggs. I can hardly wait to get them set in the incubator. Friday is a Farmgirl Sisterhood gathering, and Sat morning at 8am, I have to be 5.5 hours away to a Bountiful Baskets distribution. It is the closest one, and I want to check it out to see if I can get one started in our community....like I need more to do. lol.
That is a busy week. besides all the "canyoudo's" that will pop up.
Penny- I will be praying for your brother and you too!

Ginny- I quit smoking 11 years ago when I my first granddaughter was born. I didn't want her to say "OOH, Meemaw, you stink". I quit cold turkey...but there are still days after all these years that I think I would like a cigarette.

Glenda - We miss you on here and am saying an extra prayer for you and your family tonight.

Dianne- I gave my husband a rundown on where things go FROM NOW ON! So I am hoping the refrigerator stays organized. Here is a link to my "Happy Soup" :)
http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1948,158175-238205,00.html

Thelma- Tough not having a machine. I hope you have a back-up. I had a Phaff for 34 years. It was in the shop 3 times in it's lifetime. Sad day when I had to retire it. I used it almost daily, making all my kids clothes, home furnishings etc. There will never be another one like it. My new one was in the shop on day 366...one day after warranty expired.

Nancy- My sewing room is next...it so needs major organization. But I get sidetracked in there so easily.I have to do something tomorrow. When mentoring on Wed. I will be so embarrassed if I don't straighten it up.

Holly- I like walking away the pounds with Leslie Sansone. She is easy to follow, and not near as mean as Jillian Michaels.

Janiee- I hope you enjoy the oatmeal. I just finshed off a small bowl. I like the leftovers sometimes before I go to bed. Gotta be healthier than that big bowl of ice cream the hubby has.

Darlys- Enjoy the lasagna! That sounds so much better than our leftover soup. Though I did fry some bacon, Left a little fat in the skillet and sliced turnips and onion in it, fried the turnips and onions and then crumbled up the bacon and put it back in the skillet with the turnips...yummm

I thought I would post this picture of my sisters family. They are starting clean=up now. It has been sad and they have shed alot of tears. They have been staying in a camper but there poor dog misses her bed. She won't hardly leave the house.

Patty #1840

http://ladygonegreen.blogspot.com/

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
The Beautiful Pacific NW Washington State
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2012 :  05:34:59 AM  Show Profile
Patty,

Your sister and her family sure have the right spirit. It shines through in the photo. You can tell they will stick together to get the job done and be closer than ever before. The poor doggie ... he sure loves his home, doesn't he.

They are in my prayers, and it was great to see a photo.

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2012 :  05:39:13 AM  Show Profile
Penny,

I can't imagine how you must feel. Your brother is brave to do battle again, but how painful for you to watch. You are all in my prayers, I just don't know what else to say...
Marianne
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2012 :  05:53:34 AM  Show Profile
Sorry about the multiple posts, I am still trying to learn everyone's name and it is easiest for me to communicate to you one at a time ... I'll get the hang of it and multi-post like the rest of you soon, I hope.

So glad that Glenda got a few minutes with her MJF magazine before heading back to help with her brother. Hope we get an update soon and that it is a short ER visit.

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2012 :  10:23:38 AM  Show Profile
Just jumping on to tell everyone it's SNOWING!!! Yahoo!! Dancing for joy!!!

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

Oggie
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Ginny
Machias Maine
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2012 :  11:50:44 AM  Show Profile
CONGRATULATIONS DIANNE! Whether Holly likes it or not, please keep it there! LOL. I don't want it, don't need it, can't afford it, and can't wait for spring! So if I never see another snowflake this winter I will be one happy Mainiac!

Now I say "whether Holly likes it or not" because if she gets it, chances are I will a day later or even the same day depending on which way it is moving and how big the storm is. I don't have a desire to learn how to use the snowblower to get my long ramp cleared off and then a long walkway to the chickens, I can't afford to have my driveway plowed when it is $35.00 a pop (and it's to big to snowblow it), and we are getting rain so we must have enough water in the ground. So I'd like the almanac to be wrong this year and just bypass Downeast Maine with any snow! {Ha ha, like that's ever going to happen}

Ginny
Farmgirl #2343
www.thedewhopinn.com

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2012 :  1:32:30 PM  Show Profile
Judith, Thank you for the card and cute daisy button. My fav flower! *giggle* How did you guess?
Loved watching the slideshow of the work on your home. A lot of hard work and love went into that place,but it paid off. And the chicky's were cute too! hhaha
Penny, It's the truth...we think of MJPals when we need to lean, cry, or share a "Praise God!"....you get my meaning. We truely are "Sisters of the Heart!" I will Pray for you to stop smoking too! Love Ya Girl!Mama got your note and wants to know if she is allowed to write to you....do you care? *giggle* That's my Mama. Won't poke her nose in w/o permission.
Dianne,that Happy Soup made my mouth water!
Hiiii Glenda!So good to catch up to you and know what to Pray for.I WHOLE-HEARTEDLY agree with you on thanking MJB for starting this wonderful site so that we could all meet!
Thelma, you cracked me up with your sewing machine withdrawl.hahahahaha
Darlys, Mama sent you a letter and it came back because she had(1)wrong number in the house number. Can you believe that?/!So she's sending it again.
Mama's birthday (84) is on the 14th of this month,if any of you want to send her a card.
If you need her address again:

Evelena C. Jones
131 5th St NE #914
Canton,Ohio 44702-1203

I'm listening to a CD I got at our Summer library sale.It's called"MoreScriptureMemorySongs" and it's sung by kids. It's so sweet. Who better to sing Scripture songs than pure-hearted kids! Amen?
Ginny, neat gobbler pics. Not just your average backyard,bird-feeder bird now are they? lolol
Thanks for sharing!
Patty, isn't that the way of things..."Stuff" is meant to break, I think,right after the warraty expires!hahaha
Thanks for the pic of your sisters family and poor dog. Gotta wonder why he would even lay in ashes...hmmmm.....
Speaking of being healthy...has anyone ever used Richard Simmons "Dancing To The Oldies?" Healways impressed me with his energy and compassion for people wanting to lose weight. Plus he's BEEN there!I love to dance so why not do what I love, just to get moving. I'm sensing that THAT is the biggest issue with folk over 50 everywhere, we don't feel like moving....every--single---day! Take today...all I want to do is sit & talk to YOU!!!So LET me, right??? lol
Marianne,Bless you Dearie, You just take your time and write however you want. We're just Happy to hear from you.
I have a Happy note to share....a Praise&ThankYou to God!
Mom's half-sister went to the ER Weds with chest pains and found out she'd had a very bad heart attack. The Docs said(if) she comes out of this there will be problems. My poor Uncle was so distraught. They are VERY close! We all Prayed&Prayed....and...What do you think???
She's coming home today! PraiseGod,PraiseGod.....HE is still answering Prayer,He is still in charge,Drs are Not a god, they do NOT have the last word! Amen?Amen! I'm just beside myself with JOY! *gigglegigglegiggle* I'm bubbling in my soul!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
I am not contained between my hat and my boots! -Walt Whitman-
"Why couldn't I have been born Rich instead of So Good Looking?"

Edited by - herblady55 on Jan 12 2012 9:51:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2012 :  1:52:24 PM  Show Profile
Judy,
I LOVE Richard Simmons, same as you. My family got me the set of his workouts and I use them all the time. Everyone just laughs that I'm sweatin to the oldies. Did you know he has a morbidly obese brother? I heard him speak about him. Richard Simmons was saying, "Can you imagine how hard it must be for him to have ME for a brother?" I felt like he really "got it".

I have a morbidly obese sister and I have always been very "angular"- I hate the word "skinny." People often think it is easy or I don't have a problem with food. The truth is I have scoliosis and as a child had surgery to place rods and pins and fused my spine from my neck to tailbone. There has always been a component of pain in my life. I didn't know everyone didn't feel this way as a kid. Thought I was lazy because I just had to stop some of the physical actions sometimes because it hurt so much. Well, staying slender makes a very big difference in my health, so I exercise and very closely watch what I eat. Pain is a great motivator!

Anyway, I remember everyone in our home town saying things about my sister,who as a kid was just a bit pudgy. But when I was in my late 30s and went home to visit, the first thing a "friend" said to me was "You're still skinny." Right in front of my sister who now is morbidly obese. Sheesh!

So, yep I love Richard Simmons and my sis!
marianne
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2012 :  4:33:49 PM  Show Profile
Sweatin To The Oldies....thst'd it. Couldn't remember the name for sure. I'll have to look Richard up on-line.
So sorry to hear about your weight&pain troubles as a child and about your sister.
People don't know how to react to others with weight problems. They can sometimes be ignorant and not even know it.
Overweight people need love&kindness too!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2012 :  5:40:30 PM  Show Profile
Good evening everyone,

I hope I can remember all I want to say. I have three pages to cover.

I am glad Glenda had a little respite even if just a day or two.

The turkeys are so ugly they are adorable. Sometimes in the summer they pass through our fields. they do not stay too long because of the dogs. One summer we had a wild Tom calling to our domesticated turkeys. I am glad our birds could not fly or we would have lost several of them to a handsome stud muffin.

I do want snow and I would stop the clouds from going to Ginny's and just dumping on us for several days. We still only have about six inches of snow on the ground. I am so happy for you Dianne. I hope enough falls to make snowmachining possible.

I am not sure which is worse losing your mind or losing your body then dying. I hope I just pass in my sleep sometime in the far future.

Only a few more days until the big departure for Rio. Is everyone Packed? We have been lucky enough to have been let a gorgeous beach side hacienda for our stay. The beds are queens so there could be one person to a bed or we could have slumber parties after late night gossip sessions. the hacienda is fully staffed so none of us has to mess with menus or dishes or laundry. The staff is looking forward to hosting a crazy group of American women who want to have a good restful time. When we arrive there will be a list of activities we may choose from for the length of our stay. The staff has been told that we would like to walk on the beach, shop at the local markets, climb in the rainforest canopy and zip line. If there are other desires then those should be voiced to the hosts and they will do their best to make this the best vacation ever. We will need to provide a rough count for the number of us that will be staying. I will try to remember everyone now..... Darlys, Glenda, Judy, Nancy, Mariannne, Janiee, Patty, Patsy, Penny, Ginny, Dianne, Thelma,Betty, Linda, Claudia, Brenda, Deb and Judith oh yes me. Is this everyone? This is ssssoooooo exciting!

Sweet dreams everyone,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

Tall Holly
True Blue Farmgirl

2305 Posts

Holly
Worcester Vermont
USA
2305 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2012 :  5:54:29 PM  Show Profile
and a continuation...

Bunny, Susan, Kathleen, Marlene, Judith and Chris. Yes on this board we have two Judiths and a Judy. Now anyone else?

Good evening everyone,

Holly
farmgirl #2499
Go to Top of Page

thebyrdhaus
True Blue Farmgirl

520 Posts

Patty
Columbus Oh
USA
520 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  04:25:32 AM  Show Profile
Judy- Sending a card out to your mama today. SHe shares a birthday with my granddaughter as well as my MIL in Ohio. :)
Dianne- Enjoy the snow. :) Build snowmen and take time to act like a kid. Our opportunities to forget about things and act like a kid are usually few. But snow usually can help bring the kid out in us! :)
Ginny- I am with you. I don't want to see any snow. I know it will eventually find it's way here, but the less I have to track out through snow to do chores, the better.
Nancy- I will be back to trying to organize my sewing room again today. It will take me forever! I have loads of projects started and get sidetracked thinking I will just get this project finished quickly or another project finished quickly. But I do make headway!
We had a busy day yesterday. We made full circle trying to accomplish everything. We drove 107 miles to get the pigeons and then 97 miles to get some welding supplies for hubby, finished off the trip by going on over to my Aunts to pick up the quail eggs. We figured we might as well picked them up as we spent the entire day in the car as it was. 307 miles. But it was a good day. :) The 89 quail eggs are in the incubator and we will pick up another batch in about 10 days. This time of year we only expect to get about 50% to hatch. This morning I will go out and band the new pigeons. I don't really need any more birds, but I needed an excuse to go up and visit the couple that have the pigeons.
Jake stumbled over his dog the other day and hurt his collarbone. He didn't fall, but the sudden jar did alittle damage. He had xrays yesterday. The bone did not move but it caused a plate to move, one screw pulled out and the threads are stripped, and it popped the head of another screw off. They will watch it for a few weeks and probably have to go in and take the plate and 2 damaged screws out. We are just thankful that the bone didn't move. But now he has a "few screws loose". He will be the butt of a few jokes for awhile. :)

Patty #1840

http://ladygonegreen.blogspot.com/

A rind is a terrible thing to waste. Compost.

When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, “Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted.”
-Jesus in John 6:12 NIV Bible

Edited by - thebyrdhaus on Jan 11 2012 05:34:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

rough start farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3331 Posts

marianne
USA
3331 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  05:06:35 AM  Show Profile
Oh Patty aren't those eggs beautiful. You really see all the interesting patterns in the spots. So cool. Unfortunately, now that Clinique has that new age spot reducing lotion and use eggs in their ad, it made me think of my age spots!! My doctor sweetly says my back is "freckled". I say, "Funny, didn't have freckles as a kid..." Please pass the sunscreen!

Marianne
Go to Top of Page

annielaurel
True Blue Farmgirl

912 Posts

nancy
fernandina beach florida
USA
912 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  05:27:31 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone,
Just popped in to say hello. I have a Dr. appointment today. I hit myself under my eye with my glasses. It is swollen and red kind of like a black eye only just red. Don't ask how I did it. It is normal for me. My DH sometimes jokingly calls me Lucy from the I love Lucy show. I am sure it is not hurt badly as my vision is okay.

Judy I am sending your mom a Birthday card. She sent me a lovely note and Christmas card. Such a sweet lady.

Patty your eggs are so pretty. I love seeing how all the bird eggs are so different.

Have a great day everyone.

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  08:40:40 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning

It is clear and cold here. No more snow in the forcast:( I am looking forward to a 4 day weekend. We get Monday and Tuesday of next week. Maybe I can get tomy craft room ad get some things done.

Glenda you and your brother continue to be in my prayers. I also echo your sentament for Mary Jane Butter. I do not know what I have done all this time without all of you to laugh, cry, pray, and chase pool boys with. :)

Penny we are here for you and you younger brother is in my prayers. I will add a prayer for strength for you as you stop smoking. Also a prayer for your family. I remember when my DH stopped chewing tabacco, I thought I was going to kill him before it was all said and done. LOL But it was worth it.

Ginny that is a wonderful pic. Thank you for sharing.

Darlys Thank you for the congrats and good wishes. The joy comes with a little sorrow as they are planning to move to Minnasota in April. :( My new DIL will attend school and my son has a couple of job offers. It will be hard to let them go. This son is my youngest son and my youngest DD is planning on going to college in Oklahoma in July. :( I am loosing my babies! :(. sniff sniff

Patty thank you for the recipe. It's not my DD that is the problem. My youngest DD has no idea of how to put things back where they came from. It will be interesting to see how she does on her own. Your sister and her family continue to be in my prayers. Clean up has to be hard. So many things gone. Praise God they are all ok. Poor dog, they get as attached as we do.

Marianne most of us use sticky note or note pad, depending on the version of windows that we have. I found mine in accessories and the short cut it to the desk top so it is easier to find. Hope that helps.

To day is my twin boys birthday. They are my oldest sons. I texted them this morning, but I will call them this evening. They are 30 today. How did they get older than me. I know I am only 26. LOL

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  08:47:18 AM  Show Profile
hello gals!
i am so ready for rio! woo who good times acoming! i am glad we have a full trunk - that makes more fun. count me in on the zip line and i love slumber parties. always been a night owl.
patty, love the pics of the eggs. happy birthday to judy's mom and patty's granddaughter and mil.
nancy, be careful! its not fun being bruised a lot.
and i love the turkey pics as well. my mom and dad raised turkeys prior to having any children, i still have a pic of her in her chaps helping out.
got to go back to work,
will be praying for everyone
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

Thelma
True Blue Farmgirl

395 Posts

Thelma
Thompson Iowa
USA
395 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  09:55:14 AM  Show Profile
I haven't been on since Sunday. It was nice catching up again. I love reading all your posts. It was wonderful hearing from Glenda. If you our reading this Glenda, I want you to know that you are in my prayers and so are your families.

My sewing machine and I survived. It was hard handing her over to a complete stranger and listening to that vaccume as I left the shop. 2 hours later I was able to pick her up again, and she is very healthy and well behaved. The lady didn't find any problems, she just gave her a good cleaning. She didn't even charge me because I bought the machine from her.

I talked to my DIL. She thought that I should be able to go to Rio. She will help me set it up before she heads for Vegas. If you don't hear from me, you'll know that I am with you in spirit. I will catch up to you when I return. Save the zip line for week two. Thanks.

Hubby is bugging me to get the bills paid so I better get moving. so many little things need doing before we leave. I want to sew for awhile yet today working on my first apron, a quilted one of course.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  11:43:19 AM  Show Profile
Thank You to the Gals sending Mama cards. She'll love that!
Pretty speckled eggs. Wouldn't they make a pretty "Country-Table-Display" in a BIG Country-Farm-Kitchen,along with some cattails and leaves?/! (always thinking) *giggle*
I hope Jake gets fixed up quick. Yup...lots of ribbing in the near future for him...I can see it! hahaha
Nancy, I've poked myself in the eye with my glasses legs, hanging on my "Granny-chain" around my neck...(ouch)...so...ya...just call me Viv to your Lucy!!! ROFL...what a pair! Glasses are dangerous to Seniors! hahahaaha ROFL....anybody else have our problem?
I just realized something...ya'll might want to keep Thelma off that ~Zip-line~on your trip. After that "undie-dampening"cough she had last week...if she yells Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee going down that line....she probably WILL!!!!! harharharhar.....

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Jan 11 2012 11:53:22 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 218 **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirls over age 50 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: